[Discussion] Yamegoku: Yakuza Yamete Itadakimasu

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
dhisashi
United States of America

[Discussion] Yamegoku: Yakuza Yamete Itadakimasu

Post by dhisashi » Jun 18th, '15, 14:32

Since there are no English subs for Yamegoku: Yakuza Yamete Itadakimasu I have yet to watch any episodes but I have downloaded 9 episodes from NYAA.

Anyway my question to those of you who understand Japanese and have viewed some of this Jdrama is "Is this a decent series?"

The viewership ratings are not high but AsianWiki shows Current user rating: 99 (29 votes) which is about as high as I have ever seen there for a series.

If it is a worthwhile view I will take the trouble of using the untimed Japanese subs and machine translating them to watch it.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

:scratch: {I probably will do the machine subs for episode 1 just to check it out myself}

Ais

Re: [Discussion] Yamegoku: Yakuza Yamete Itadakimasu

Post by Ais » Jun 19th, '15, 00:21

dhisashi wrote:Anyway my question to those of you who understand Japanese and have viewed some of this Jdrama is "Is this a decent series?"
It's a good series and I personally like it a lot. One of the relatively underrated series with the currently ending season. I am really impressed with the performance of Oshima Yuko here as she plays a very stoic lead, which I'm not really that used to when usually seeing her in AKBingo variety show episodes.
dhisashi wrote:The viewership ratings are not high but AsianWiki shows Current user rating: 99 (29 votes) which is about as high as I have ever seen there for a series.
A big factor why it has a low rating is that it has the same timeslot as that of KimuTaku's JDrama, I'm Home. I'm not sure if AsianWiki's user rating is reliable though, so I would rather wait for like TV Drama Awards - http://dorama.info/drama/d_award.php?awd=1&mode=1
dhisashi wrote:If it is a worthwhile view I will take the trouble of using the untimed Japanese subs and machine translating them to watch it.

:scratch: {I probably will do the machine subs for episode 1 just to check it out myself}
The parts I think that would be lost in translation would be the Yakuza jargons everywhere haha Those are the ones that gave me a hard time whenever I'm watching it with Japanese subs :P But yeah, it's cool somebody picks up this JDrama :) I personally was planning to fansub this, but kinda dismissed the idea as I have a lot on my plate if I would go solo again.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Jun 19th, '15, 02:01

Thanks Ais. Sounds like aworthwhile view with "bad" English subs (machine generated from Japanese subs). :D

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 9th, '15, 07:32

Easily the worst drama that season lol. Overracting etc. I was shocked in how the lead female 'actress' (dhe is not proper actress) has always overacted and has yet to improve her acting since Angel Bank after she ruined the Kaeru no Oujosama. Asian wiki isnt that reliable and the votes are below 50 in number instead of 100+.
Too bad because the other supporting cast is even stronger in acting and presence than the female lead. I recommend Ono Machiko's recent gangster drama for more solid story and acting by Ono Machiko. Well, ono machiko has always been praised there in terms of acting. The story is not the best, but at least much better than yamegoku. A waste of good supporting casts because of poor story and female lead 'act' instead of proper acting.

namihodai

Post by namihodai » Feb 9th, '16, 20:52

I still hope someone will pick this up...

venomqo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by venomqo » Dec 30th, '16, 00:23

im like, slowly downloading the batch from nyaa, only at like 42% lol, mite try sub it if its interesting enough.

namihodai

Post by namihodai » Jan 6th, '17, 23:07

venomqo wrote:im like, slowly downloading the batch from nyaa, only at like 42% lol, mite try sub it if its interesting enough.
I hope you'll like it :D