[Discussion] Watashi wo Hanasanaide

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
gz2009

[Discussion] Watashi wo Hanasanaide

Post by gz2009 » Jan 30th, '16, 19:02

I am really curious to see what they make of this. It is based on the book 'Never Let Me Go' written in English by Kazuo Ishiguro which was nominated for one of the UK's top literature prizes in 2005. There was a film adaptation made in 2010. From what I have read so far in the book, it is a very dark tale, and I am curious to see how Haruka Ayase as Kyoko takes on the role of Kathy from the novel.

Cast:Haruka Ayase, Haruma Miura, Asami Mizukawa, Rio Suzuki, Tsubasa Nakagawa, Sakura Mizuki, Sei Matobu, Ayumi Ito, Masahiro Komoto, Yumi Aso

"TBS presents a world first dramatization of "Never Let Me Go" - the British novel that sold over a million copies in the UK. Script-writer, Yoshiko Morishita ("The Emperor's Cook" (TBS), "JIN" (TBS) and "Gochisosan" (NHK)) depicts the beauty of this world with a story of young love and their unusual destiny. This is a powerful story for young people in the modern world.

30-years-old Kyoko (Haruka Ayase) has a "job". The story starts with her looking back 20 years to her boarding school of Yoko Gakuen in the mountains. Soccer boy, Tomohiko (Tsubasa Nakagawa), leader among girls, Miwa (Sakura Mizuki), and Kyoko (Rio Suzuki) are all in the same grade. Inspired by the educational philosophy of the principal - Emiko (Yumi Aso), teacher Tatsuko (Ayumi Ito) joins the boarding school staff, but soon finds the school rather strange." - TBS International

nikid

Re: [Discussion] Watashi wo Hanasanaide

Post by nikid » Jan 31st, '16, 22:43

I've watched the movie and I liked it, dark but... :P Yeah, I'm also curious to see how this goes, for the first episode it seems really cool.

venomqo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by venomqo » Feb 1st, '16, 06:27

im getting a kind of Zankyou No Terror vibe from this, am i close?
That the special mission for the kids is to just live, and then their organs will be harvested give to other people that society values more then them

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Feb 1st, '16, 10:08

venomqo wrote:
That the special mission for the kids is to just live, and then their organs will be harvested give to other people that society values more then them
This is right.

Kisugi

Post by Kisugi » Feb 5th, '16, 00:19

Hello!

I’m new on this forum and I couldn’t find a topic where to introduce myself, so I guess my first post will be here.

I’m currently watching “Watashi wo hanasanaide” and, to be honest, I don’t think it’s thrilling so far. The first episode was even extremely boring and if the second one was better, it was still boring. I’m not very fond of stories about kids, so this may explain my feelings about this drama.

However, I decided to go on with the third episode because finally the story would be around the characters as young adults and the actors I was waiting for would appear. And in this third episode, the story got deeper into the characters’ personalities and I enjoyed watching it.

I also liked the acting. Thanks to Ayase Haruka’s acting, I can feel the coldness of her character well. Mizukawa Asami is great in the shoes of a very sensitive character. But the one who impressed me the most is undoubtedly Miura Haruma. I was surprised to see he changed a lot, he looks a lot more mature now. My husband thinks it’s the hairstyle but for me there is something deeper.

I will watch episode 4 tonight and I really hope it will be interesting.

venomqo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by venomqo » Feb 5th, '16, 06:15

Hey there, welcome! I haven't watched it yet but since i guessed the story, i don't have too. haha, i was mostly interested coz it has that guy from bloody monday, and that girl from that other show, mr brain i believe. but ye, :whistling: as mentioned above there is an anime called Zankyou no Terror which kind of deals with the same subject matter, i would suggest watching that instead :thumright:

Kisugi

Post by Kisugi » Feb 5th, '16, 10:10

Thanks for the recommandation venomqo! But I don't watch anime, I don't know why but I'm not really into it.

doram

Post by doram » Feb 11th, '16, 11:57

someone please tell me where could I find the song played in 43:30 mark when tomo and kyoko are dancing! all I could find in the internet was the 2006 movie's version :(

Kisugi

Post by Kisugi » Feb 12th, '16, 10:56

It's a song by Julia Shortreed (in Japanese, ジュリア・ショートリード) but I couldn't find the song yet. Maybe it will appear later on the Internet!

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Feb 14th, '16, 01:04

First part of first episode wasn't good, but after watching two episodes, I need to see what happens next.

doram

Post by doram » Feb 15th, '16, 22:02

Kisugi wrote:It's a song by Julia Shortreed (in Japanese, ジュリア・ショートリード) but I couldn't find the song yet. Maybe it will appear later on the Internet!
I hope so, I love this version better than the movie's version bcs it sounds sad :( haha thanks for the info!! :mrgreen:

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Feb 29th, '16, 01:18

No hard subtitles for episode 5 forward yet? Was eager to see what happens next.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 5th, '16, 11:26

The story picked up once they arrived at the cottage. The first three episodes were oh-so-boring, and I don't think it was the kids' fault... it was the script. I dislike the three main characters tbh, be it in the British movie or in this Japanese version. But if you're a fan of the book or the movie, I think you will like this Japanese drama, because the story doesn't stray much from the main plot, just additional plots to make the story fit 10 episodes. I like Kousuke as an additional character.. and i wish there are more story to Kousuke and Kyoko... Kousuke is probably the better character among the others who are really boring, too bad he doesn't get to appear much. The acting in this drama is mediocre, imo. The worst acting though, is Nakai Noemie who played Manami, an additional character, her acting really bothered me. But anyway Ep4-6 are quite pleasant to watch.

chaiyut.a

Post by chaiyut.a » Apr 3rd, '16, 09:47

Who can tell me where I can download 720p raw version of this drama?

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Apr 3rd, '16, 15:32

chaiyut.a wrote:Who can tell me where I can download 720p raw version of this drama?
The only place that I know of is at "AvistaZ (AsiaTorrents)".

:-)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 11th, '16, 18:35

do you guys know where I can get the soft subs? I have the complete raw but subs are until ep. 6 only :(

nikid

Post by nikid » Apr 11th, '16, 20:12

biniBningPunkista wrote:do you guys know where I can get the soft subs? I have the complete raw but subs are until ep. 6 only :(
Here http://scheiji-1412.livejournal.com/4118.html or http://menimienaimono.livejournal.com/10747.html

:thumright:

chaiyut.a

Post by chaiyut.a » May 7th, '16, 02:39

dhisashi wrote:
chaiyut.a wrote:Who can tell me where I can download 720p raw version of this drama?
The only place that I know of is at "AvistaZ (AsiaTorrents)".

:-)
Thanks a lot. I checked up this private torrent site. It seems I have to look around there on weekend for an invitation.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » May 14th, '16, 00:28

It was kinda interesting watching the kind hearted little girl being nice to fart boy, but later episodes didn't seem really interesting. Too depressing.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 9th, '16, 16:59

nikid wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:do you guys know where I can get the soft subs? I have the complete raw but subs are until ep. 6 only :(
Here http://scheiji-1412.livejournal.com/4118.html or http://menimienaimono.livejournal.com/10747.html

:thumright:
Thank you so much for the links! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

chaiyut.a

Post by chaiyut.a » Oct 26th, '16, 11:46

It seems that ep 9 and 10 english subs still have not been released yet. I don't know what happened.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Oct 27th, '16, 22:50

I'm pretty sure ep 10 is subtitled.

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Oct 28th, '16, 08:55

JackBauer2424 wrote:I'm pretty sure ep 10 is subtitled.
Yes, episodes 9 and 10 have been subtitled.

mon-chan

Post by mon-chan » Apr 9th, '17, 14:25

Help! Where can I get subs for episode 9 and 10?