Dramas about food/places?

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
munchkin

Dramas about food/places?

Post by munchkin » Feb 14th, '16, 10:00

I'v been really enjoying Kodoku no Gourmet and am looking for something similar.
I'm also looking for some shows about the places in Japan.. maybe about someone who travels taking pictures, etc.
Oh and it needs to have english subs, too!

Will be glad to get some help : )

Thanks!

momst

Re: Dramas about food/places?

Post by momst » Feb 14th, '16, 11:43

There used to be a program called Begin Japanology. It was in English. It covered various topics such as culture, travel, food, etc. I don't know where you would get the torrents now. The old d-addicts site had them. There was also a cooking show called Harumi's Family Cooking. It was in English and showed how to prepare different Japanese recipes. A program called Inspiring Landscapes visited different parts of the country. Again, I don't know where you could get any of these now that the old d-addicts torrent site is gone. (Wish I did.)

kagi88

Post by kagi88 » Feb 14th, '16, 12:58

nyaa has 'BEGIN Japanology', and 'Japanology Plus'.

momst

Post by momst » Feb 14th, '16, 20:44

Thank you. Begin Japanoloy had several topics per show. If I remember correctly, the Japanology Plus focused on only one or two topics per program and were only about 5 min long. The only issue is....will we be able to log into nyaa. Seems it has been down a lot lately.

Gir

Post by Gir » Feb 15th, '16, 00:57

Not really a drama, but Dotch was a good food show. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotch_Cooking_Show

It use to be here, but now other than on youtube I don't know where you can find it to download.

Shinya Shokudo http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shinya_Shokudo had centered around food quite a bit.

It's available on avistaz and the 3rd season is on Nyaa. (You don't really have to see the earlier seasons before watching the last.)
Last edited by Gir on Feb 15th, '16, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Feb 15th, '16, 01:03

Lunch no Juou aka Lunch Queen
Ramen Girl (Brittney Murphy)

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Feb 15th, '16, 09:23

Shota no Sushi (can be found on nyaa)

haruyama5993

Post by haruyama5993 » Feb 15th, '16, 10:51

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san is nice too! I get hungry every time I watch that drama. Too bad it only had 4 episodes and an SP.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Feb 20th, '16, 21:24

Just a few other about food: There are some doramas, that has a secondary theme of food, like Yūkan Club, in which one of the protagonists is always hungry...

wareko

Post by wareko » Mar 1st, '16, 08:22

Lunch No Akko-chan is a good one. I also liked Mondai No Aru. Also Tenno no Ryoriban.
Of course nothing is quite like Goro! :)
Also Jiro -Dreams of Sushi!

Itadakimasu

Post by Itadakimasu » Mar 10th, '16, 06:15

I recently came across a couple of jdramas about food that are fun to watch:

1) Hana no Zubora Meshi (same author as Kodoku no Gurume), there are english subs up to ep.3 - about a young housewife, whose husband (named Goro(!) who is always away on business trips; she comforts herself by making lazy (easy to make) but delicious foods. I enjoyed this show a lot. Too bad there is only season.

2) Wakako Zake - no subs yet. I think there might be a group working on it. Based on manga again, and there is also a set of short anime (very cute and funny) - about a young office lady who comforts herself after a hard day at work with food and drinks. I watched one episode and it seems pretty good. There is a second season this year that is currently ongoing.

3) Kamagawa Shokudo - currently ongoing. I have not watched this yet but it seems like the kind of food drama I like.

pkxlashoo

Post by pkxlashoo » Mar 10th, '16, 06:23

Gir wrote:Not really a drama, but Dotch was a good food show. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotch_Cooking_Show

It use to be here, but now other than on youtube I don't know where you can find it to download.
I have a couple of the episodes and I wanted to find some more. Found some magnet links for batch archives and I've been slowly leeching from some russian peer but now he's disappeared. So i'm stuck at 50% for these haha.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.08 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

DragonSpikeXIII

Post by DragonSpikeXIII » Mar 12th, '16, 12:54

Definitely "Home & Away" with Nakayama Miho. It's a pretty nice drama where she plays a gourmet who tries to get back home but ends up visiting a lot of places in the process. This was her last drama before her 10-year break from starring in j-dramas.

I got the hardsubs by JEM from d-addicts a few years ago but I don't know if it's available on torrent sites anymore. If it isn't I suppose I can upload to nyaa.se