3 Most Emotional Moments in J-Dorama

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
faarian

3 Most Emotional Moments in J-Dorama

Post by faarian » Dec 2nd, '19, 15:09

J-dorama is the best in terms of emotional content. In fact, it's the reason I love it so much. Maybe I'm lunatic, but I have a record of my favorite emotional scenes (the name of series, episode, the exact time, and link), so I have this habit of watching them over and over. It makes me cry, but at the same time, warms my heart.

So, I'd like to share 3 favorite emotional scenes of myself. I can easily mention 10 or more, but restrict myself to these.

1. One Litre of Tears (2005), Ep. 08: Aya's farewell message to her classmates

I said I kept watching the emotional scenes, but I didn't mean this. I simply can't rewatch it, it's too much for me. However, to all fairness, it should be the first to mention: Here Aya summarizes all her heroic fight, how in order to smile to her classmates, she had to shed 1 litre of tears before ...

I can't say more, my tears are to come. Aya! I love you so much, you're the best ...

2. Mother (2010), Ep 01: Nao becoming Rena's Mother
It's about 10 minutes, starting with Nao finding Rena in a trash plastic and finishing with them sitting beside the ocean. The climax is when Nao says: Rena! Can you call me 'mother'? And Rena crying, shouts: Okaasan, Okaasan, Okaasan! An amazing mixture of sadness and happiness. Better to say, it's the birth of happiness and hope out of sadness and tragedy. I love them so much. I wish I could help them in some way.
There are many other beautiful moments in the series, but I chose this, because the story of these amazing mother and daughter begins here.

3. Queen's Classroom (2005), Ep. 02: Kazumi Crying on her Sister's Shoulder

I know, there are many more serious scenes in the history of J-dorama, but I've a personal reason: My older brother was abusive and my parents totally neglected that. So, when I saw their sisterhood, I said to myself: Oh, God! Siblings are supposed to be like that! A family should be such a place!
Kazumi is bullied by her teacher and classmates. She also lost her best friend after a fight. To make things worse, she sees her parents bringing their regular childish fights to the next level. The teacher asks her to surrender, but Kazumi responds: I won't cry! Definitely, I won't cry! She comes back home. Her sister, Yu, is in bed as she had asthma attack recently. As though nothing happened, Kazumi tries to cheer her sister up with a funny song and her cute Te-He, but Yu is too attentive and caring to miss what's going on. With just looking at Kazumi's face and her voice, she finds out that something is wrong. And then with two times naming 'Kazumi!' and assuring Kazumi that she is always on her side, Yu makes Kazumi open her heart. When you have such an amazing sister, it's totally fine to cry, Kazumi!

It's as simple as that. Siblings should be like that. Friends as well. Humans too.

I really miss such an older sister. She could change my life totally.
I can name many more, but it's enough for now.

What are you favorite scenes? Really curious to know!
Last edited by faarian on Dec 2nd, '19, 18:42, edited 5 times in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: 3 Most Emotional Moments in J-Dorama

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 2nd, '19, 15:42

There's a spoiler shortcode, use it when you think it's needed.

Code: Select all

[spoiler] Your text goes here. [/spoiler]

faarian

Re: 3 Most Emotional Moments in J-Dorama

Post by faarian » Dec 2nd, '19, 16:56

Keiko1981 wrote: Dec 2nd, '19, 15:42 There's a spoiler shortcode, use it when you think it's needed.

Code: Select all

[spoiler] Your text goes here. [/spoiler]
Thanks. I did it, but not sure why exactly I needed to do that. I was thinking that just in case, there is something about the ending or some important moments, a spoiler shortcut should be added.