STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 146

cler1c

Re: help w/ a quote from the Jdorama Pride eps 10 and 11

Post by cler1c » Dec 22nd, '05, 15:05

Yukster wrote:
cler1c wrote:
cler1c wrote:was hoping to get a little help on this one... in episodes 10 and 11, Kimura says,

"There isn't any woman suitable for me in this world... Even if I look for her all over the world, there can't be one."

So is it, "Ore na onna wa ii nai... Sekai doko segashite kito.." I know I must be hella off... But if someone could correct my mistakes, I'd appreciate it... THX
bump :)
I guess you want the Japanese original?

"Ore ni au onna wa INAI... Sekai jyuu doko wo sagashitemo kito..."[/i]
OMG Honto, Arigatou gozaimasu!!!

panpan

Post by panpan » Jan 24th, '06, 06:28

does anyone know where in Japan this series was filmed? :)

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Feb 13th, '06, 10:28

I'm watching Pride at the moment (currently on ep5), and its really hard to get into, imo. The characters, the 1 dimensional plot, I dunno - something about this show is really letting it down for me. I'm guessing it does get better, as it seems unlikely to have made #6 in jdoramas top dramas otherwise. Still, after watching Engine, this drama seems no where near as good!

Am I the only one who isn't hooked by Pride?

saegusa

Post by saegusa » Feb 14th, '06, 03:53

panpan wrote:does anyone know where in Japan this series was filmed? :)
Friend told me the ice hockey scenes were taken in Nagano.

drZero

Post by drZero » Feb 14th, '06, 04:02

My first ever japanese drama and i like it actually it's one of my favorites.
Great OST too :D

panpan

Post by panpan » Feb 15th, '06, 23:48

saegusa wrote:
panpan wrote:does anyone know where in Japan this series was filmed? :)
Friend told me the ice hockey scenes were taken in Nagano.
ooh, thanks.. :-) how about the outdoor skating scenes? it looks like a really nice place.. does anyone know where those scenes were filmed?

luvelyasian

Post by luvelyasian » Apr 2nd, '06, 03:43

which version is is better? the jem or the jtv subtitled ones?

would anyone be kind enough to seed jem's 1-11 version?

i've been stuck on 97.2 percent for a week now :(

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Apr 5th, '06, 06:20

luvelyasian wrote:which version is is better? the jem or the jtv subtitled ones?

I don't know about the jem's version (and I don't know if you're talking about the video quality of the subs quality) but I did have the jtv version, and if my memory still recalls, it was fine and very clean since it's a DVD Rip.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 25th, '06, 06:23

Jeremiah wrote:
luvelyasian wrote:which version is is better? the jem or the jtv subtitled ones?

I don't know about the jem's version (and I don't know if you're talking about the video quality of the subs quality) but I did have the jtv version, and if my memory still recalls, it was fine and very clean since it's a DVD Rip.
There are caps on the 1st page of this thread which should JTV quality for this series. We used DVD video source, all the other work as done by the JTV team, it's not simply a DVD-rip, the team had to translate, time, typset, karaoke, credits, edit and qc.

[img]http://www.mediamax.com/kamui6/Hosted/K ... pride1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mediamax.com/kamui6/Hosted/K ... pride2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mediamax.com/kamui6/Hosted/K ... pride3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mediamax.com/kamui6/Hosted/K ... pride4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mediamax.com/kamui6/Hosted/K ... pride5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mediamax.com/kamui6/Hosted/K ... pride6.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Kamui6 on Apr 2nd, '07, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.

jaymz21

Post by jaymz21 » Apr 25th, '06, 09:38

i simply love JTV... downloaded both pride and good luck... wonderful subs, crisp and clear pictures. more pls!

Sakari

Post by Sakari » May 22nd, '06, 06:52

gemstar wrote:I loved this series... all the way up to the ending. I was pissed and so disappointed at how everything seemed crammed and rushed in the last episode.
My feeling, exactly.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » May 22nd, '06, 08:52

my favorite kimutaku dorama! haha. i love it! also the chemistry between aki and halu.
hmmn.. the subs in the copy i watched was different halfway though. maybe the subber changed. it suddenly turned chinese from epi6 onwards. haay..

hazchung

Post by hazchung » May 31st, '06, 16:49

this is THE BEST sport darma i have seen. The cast is great, the story is great and Kimura Takuya is so cool no woder he is so popular. Also, this is very well directed, i just love the opening credit when 'Queen - I Was Born To Love You' kick in and the puck flick up, it was classic.

hkgirl

Post by hkgirl » Aug 21st, '06, 00:34

This has to be my favourite jdrama so far. I love, love, love Pride. I know nothing about Ice hockey (apparently it's not that accurate so maybe that's best.) but I loved the mix of sport and romance. I've been busily converting my friends to the cause. That man Kimura isn't bad either.

bboyklax12

Post by bboyklax12 » Nov 3rd, '06, 22:38

what's w/ misusing the word "maybe" over and over. it doesn't even make sense in the context they use it in. they act like it's some deep word. i'm gonna start dropping "kamo" bombs in random english convo's and see how that goes.

Pekana

Post by Pekana » Dec 26th, '06, 00:41

Finished watching this a while ago. I loved it. I like hockey well enough and Queen is one of my favorite bands so I guess those were pluses. I also thought that the two leads had excellent chemistry. The interaction between Halu and his friends/teammates was also entertaining to watch. I was wondering what all the :wub: about Kimura Takuya was about. Now I know. The guy's simply cool.
Not that I've watched all that many dramas, but Pride was the first drama ever that I had the wish to re-watch.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Dec 26th, '06, 01:08

It's the first drama that I've seen, a while ago.
And I don't know why,it's one of my favorite drama.
There is everything in this drama,moreover I love Aki and Halu, they're so pretty.
Everyone have to see it.You'll not disappointed.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 7th, '07, 04:41

i just watched this drama last week and it instantly became one of my favourites!
Loved it! Love Kimura in anything but this was awsome!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jan 21st, '08, 09:00

I'm so in love with this drama. Oh my God I just love the sound track it goes so well with the story line and theme.

I love how they develop the love story with the meaning of their name Aki and Halu.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 21st, '08, 11:40

Jaja wrote:I'm so in love with this drama. Oh my God I just love the sound track it goes so well with the story line and theme.

I love how they develop the love story with the meaning of their name Aki and Halu.
which kind of reminds me of summer snow with natsu and yuki
what i never got though was the Halu, why did they translate it to Halu when it destroys using the name meanings cause its spossed to be Haru

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Mar 28th, '08, 00:15

Aki and Halu foreverrr!!!!!!!!

BANZAIIIII

tikklles

Post by tikklles » Jul 27th, '08, 16:55

one of the best jdrama of all time....PRIDE still rocks...

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 28th, '08, 06:35

I'm glad that people still enjoy this drama. :D

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 28th, '08, 07:32

To me, Pride leaves an impression of a group of friends in a neighbourhood living their lives. It has an "enclosed" feeling. Firstly, it is winter in the drama. Secondly, it's because the scenes involve little places, Faceoff, Aki's place, the rink, the bridge, to name a few. Thirdly, on a few occasions, Halu & friends always have the inside jokes that people who understand Japanese culture will understand. This enclosed feeling makes me feel "inclusive" to the drama; a warm fuzzy feeling? Fourthly, it's the backdrop of ice-hockey.

I like the interaction & the jokes among the guys. Queen's songs playing in the background added to the warm fuzzy feeling. And Checkers "Namida no Request" played in one of the episodes too. The OST is my favourite too. The names chosen, Aki, Halu and Natsu rest nicely.

The director tend to zoom in/focus on the objects around the chars too.

When I first watched Pride, after the episodes of Natsu came back, there was a knot in my stomach. That's to be expected tho - the sweetness in the earlier episodes followed by bitterness. And i was like, O_O;;; It involves going to prison too.

oh ya, of course Kimura, Kenji and Yuko :D

ya ... all these factors make Pride one of my favourite dramas.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jul 28th, '08, 21:41

Loved it. I did not get the whole Kimitaku hype before I watched it. Great chemistry between the actors, great soundrack.

flootist1661

Post by flootist1661 » Sep 15th, '08, 00:15

this drama was so touching. im like totally in love with kimutaku now haha >.< even though he is old
life altering ehh? i agree

haha the pairing was good and i really like how it ended (wow i really want to spoil but i wont haha)
and yeah her boyfriend is an *insert cuss word here* hahaha

i love how hockey plays a role in the plot too and the camaraderie haha

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS

dontknockny

Post by dontknockny » Sep 15th, '08, 00:50

i've only recently discovered kimura takuya after watching change. i have since watched many of his other dramas and pride is one of them. I think pride is a wonderful drama and i agree with many that i love the play on the seasons for their names.
thought the ending was great and really loved the characters of the show and not just the main characters but the other hockey players as well

spycrapperhbo

Post by spycrapperhbo » Sep 23rd, '08, 15:34

first post here!

pride is the only dorama (with HYD) that i have watched 3 times.. one of the best, on top of my fave list.. great chemistry.. great story.. especially the one with the family..

quandary

Post by quandary » Oct 13th, '08, 23:12

There are so many good things about this that it's hard to describe them all. Good story, good dialog and a wonderful cast. I'm not at all a hockey fan and found myself cheering. Icemen! When I saw this about a year ago, it was the first time I'd seen Takeuchi Yuko, and I've been searching for everything I could find ever since. Comedy or drama, the Lady NEVER disappoints. Even bit parts when she was still a teenager were great, a natural.

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Feb 12th, '10, 01:06

The Iceman Cometh: my Pride review
http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2010/ ... i-tv-2004/

Favorite Halu-Aki Moments: 16 Vignettes from Pride
(in celebration of the Season of Hearts :D )
http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2010/ ... rom-pride/

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 4th, '11, 12:32

Wow, I came to this thread expecting people to critizise or not liking this drama and certainly not to see them rate it as life-altering/see-it. For me it's "only if you have time" It is definitely one of Kimutakus weaker dramas. I haven't watched them all - yet, but I'm planning to. But I thought it couldn't get worse than Tsuki no Koibito. But I think Pride is almost as bad. It probably comes down to personal preference but I found the story to be boring/clichéd. Especially the end. Too sappy for my taste. I'm really surprised at all the enthusiastic posts here. Hmm.....

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 6th, '11, 06:20

Chacun a son gout.