[Discussion] Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu?

Life-Altering (5)
53%
See it (4)
29%
Probably shouldn't miss it (3)
6%
Only if you have time (2)
6%
STAY AWAY (1)
6%

Total votes: 126

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Jul 25th, '05, 11:19

Ayase Haruka made me very horny in some of the early episodes. She was radiant in school uniform and her smile just make you fall in love with her.

I've fallen in love with her when I got a full view of her in school uniform and her angle-like smile.

AHHHHH!!!!! Ayase Haruka please be mine. :cry:

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 25th, '05, 14:12

VietZeus wrote:Ayase Haruka made me very horny in some of the early episodes. She was radiant in school uniform and her smile just make you fall in love with her.

I've fallen in love with her when I got a full view of her in school uniform and her angle-like smile.

AHHHHH!!!!! Ayase Haruka please be mine. :cry:
haha.... 1 more haruka ayase fan! :wub:

bisclimpkit

Post by bisclimpkit » Jul 25th, '05, 20:17

Oh man, it's going to take me months to get over this drama...

I'm never watching tagedies again.

Both the movie and drama are very awesome.

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 26th, '05, 07:54

bisclimpkit wrote:Oh man, it's going to take me months to get over this drama...

I'm never watching tagedies again.

Both the movie and drama are very awesome.
lol... yeah... i hav been day dreaming abt the drama everyday... worst of all, i am listening to the OST all the time!

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 26th, '05, 18:21

I was hooked like that too. Until I watched Water Boys. Now I'm all energetic and into synchro swimming. :D

laskyliner34

Sekai No.....

Post by laskyliner34 » Jul 26th, '05, 19:51

I am the same way. I will never forget this beautiful tragic drama. I have the DVD Set im so infatuated with it. And Yes. Ayase Hakura is very beautiful. Her smile is absolutely brilliant. I love the theme song by Shibasaki Kou......Katachi Arumono

T.M.Revolution

Re: Sekai No.....

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 27th, '05, 12:13

laskyliner34 wrote:I am the same way. I will never forget this beautiful tragic drama. I have the DVD Set im so infatuated with it. And Yes. Ayase Hakura is very beautiful. Her smile is absolutely brilliant. I love the theme song by Shibasaki Kou......Katachi Arumono

yeah.... :wub: :wub: :wub:
n she is my age! =X
OMG... how i wish i know her...

nitesaint

Post by nitesaint » Jul 27th, '05, 12:19

Me still can't get over this drama. :-(
Here is a question for everyone.Lets say Aki can be saved by performing the bone marrow transplant.What do you think Aki will grow up to be?A pro sports runner?A traveller which she states that she wants to travel around the world?
How about Saku?What will he be?The same which is a doctor?
For me,i can imagine that maybe Aki will be a pro sports runner and Saku can be her coach.Giving her motivation in running.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 27th, '05, 20:16

nitesaint wrote:Me still can't get over this drama. :-(
Here is a question for everyone.Lets say Aki can be saved by performing the bone marrow transplant.What do you think Aki will grow up to be?A pro sports runner?A traveller which she states that she wants to travel around the world?
For me,i can imagine that maybe Aki will be a pro sports runner and Saku can be her coach.Giving her motivation in running.
I would think Aki travels around the world writing picture books, while Saku can't make much out of his life but follow her around. :mrgreen:

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 28th, '05, 05:46

kyosak wrote:
nitesaint wrote:Me still can't get over this drama. :-(
I would think Aki travels around the world writing picture books, while Saku can't make much out of his life but follow her around. :mrgreen:
same tots!

Think aki will travel the world, n saku will follow to take pics for her picture book =D n hav kids!

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 28th, '05, 06:07

aww I would do anything to get Aki back.... :cry:

I would like to think that Aki would become a picture book editor...and Saku? Maybe he'll be a writer...since he seems to have a knack for writing anyways....

ngosteve

Post by ngosteve » Jul 28th, '05, 06:13

what is the movie called? I just finished watching the whole sekai series and oh boy... was it depressing :-(

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 28th, '05, 13:37

ngosteve wrote:what is the movie called? I just finished watching the whole sekai series and oh boy... was it depressing :-(
same as the series

pariah_dog

Post by pariah_dog » Jul 28th, '05, 14:52

kyosak wrote:I would like to think that Aki would become a picture book editor...and Saku? Maybe he'll be a writer...
You mean the Hollywood ending? Reminds me of just how badly Hollywood would have butchered this story. Picture book editor?! Hahahaha. Fat chance. She might have made it as an office lady or a prostitute in Shinjuku though. Obviously most people don't get to live their dreams, especially vague ones like that. Death was surely the best thing for her. If I had written the script Matsumoto would have killed himself at the end. More tragic and touching that way. Just like a certain Korean drama that I am thinking of. That never happens in real life of course. Most people would be dating a new person in just a few months. Especially at that age. But it would have been very dramatic nonetheless. If this story is based on a true one, it looks like Saku really did get to become a (succesful) writer though. Even though he was a (research?) doctor in the script.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 28th, '05, 17:32

pariah_dog wrote:
kyosak wrote:I would like to think that Aki would become a picture book editor...and Saku? Maybe he'll be a writer...
Death was surely the best thing for her.
I completely disagree, no matter what the reason, death is never the best thing IMO. Also, I don't think a movie/drama has to be completely realistic for it to be enjoyable. Besides, it might help to think a little positive once in a while... :|

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 28th, '05, 18:06

Hmm... I think maybe some folks are missing a major point of this drama. I mean really, we know she died from the first few minutes of episode 1, so it wasn't about whether or not she somehow miraculously survived and is hanging out in Hokkaido somewhere. Some of the main themes from this were about how one person copes with the loss of his "one true love", and taking the lessons learned about life and it's value that truly gave her life meaning. In that respect, this was a very positive drama, though the death of our favorite character is integral to that.

With that in mind, which do you think would be the greater celebration of life and love? Finally finding the strength and will to carry on and live life as that person hoped you would? Or the ending chosen in the aforementioned Korean drama? Do you really think she wanted him to end it that way? Especially considering the "all your sins are forgiven" line at the very end? Quite frankly, though I loved that particular show, the male lead came across to me as pretty pathetic and obsessive, rather than greatly in love. I would venture to say that the ending to that one was much more tragic, while this one, though sad, was actually pretty positive.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 28th, '05, 18:17

aNToK wrote:Hmm... I think maybe some folks are missing a major point of this drama. I mean really, we know she died from the first few minutes of episode 1, so it wasn't about whether or not she somehow miraculously survived and is hanging out in Hokkaido somewhere. Some of the main themes from this were about how one person copes with the loss of his "one true love", and taking the lessons learned about life and it's value that truly gave her life meaning. In that respect, this was a very positive drama, though the death of our favorite character is integral to that.

With that in mind, which do you think would be the greater celebration of life and love? Finally finding the strength and will to carry on and live life as that person hoped you would? Or the ending chosen in the aforementioned Korean drama? Do you really think she wanted him to end it that way? Especially considering the "all your sins are forgiven" line at the very end? Quite frankly, though I loved that particular show, the male lead came across to me as pretty pathetic and obsessive, rather than greatly in love. I would venture to say that the ending to that one was much more tragic, while this one, though sad, was actually pretty positive.
Commiting suicide would have been pretty lame IMO...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 28th, '05, 18:54

That's my point. Though I'm sure some would argue that the character in the other drama didn't actually kill himself, he sure as hell didn't make any effort to get out of the way.

I guess you could say that they come at it from different angles. With one, you don't know if she'll live until the end, so in keeping with the tone of that drama, he just can't live without her and gives up.

In this one, he's carried her in his heart for as long as she was alive after she died, then chose to rejoin the living, as it were. I still like this one better, even though we know what's going to happen eventually...

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 29th, '05, 08:49

What I loved most about this movie was that it gave us the ending beforehand. I don't think the writer's objective was to just tell a love story - but rather reminding us to find the strength to live on for someone else. And in that way, I find 'Sekai' a much more enjoyable and admirable dorama than said Korean drama. If I had to choose, I would rather have my life played out like 'Sekai' than that specific korean drama.(besides the obvious reasons ofcourse)

If anything...I felt Saku's 17 years that he had given up for Aki was much more heartbreaking and true than the feelings the male protagonist in the korean drama had.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Jul 29th, '05, 20:09

It seems Viz has licensed the original SekaChuu novel for release in the U.S.! :D The English title will be Socrates in Love, which was actually the working title of the Japanese version and the title the author wanted (the editor came up with the title Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai o Sakebu). It comes out in October.

doinkies can't wait! ^^

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Jul 29th, '05, 22:03

what korean drama are you posters referrin to o.O?

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 30th, '05, 05:21

doink-chan wrote:It seems Viz has licensed the original SekaChuu novel for release in the U.S.! :D The English title will be Socrates in Love, which was actually the working title of the Japanese version and the title the author wanted (the editor came up with the title Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai o Sakebu). It comes out in October.

doinkies can't wait! ^^
haha me too!!! and 'Sekai' is definitely a better title...^_^

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Jul 30th, '05, 05:38

What make a drama so good?

Good looking girls die at the end.

It works for me.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 1st, '05, 08:41

jellybean wrote:what korean drama are you posters referrin to o.O?
In white because the ending's given above:

Autumn Tale

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Aug 1st, '05, 16:43

I just finished the raw version. Wow, I haven't cried that hard since Beautful Life! :cry:

Wonderful story. I want to read the novel as soon as it is released.

doink-chan wrote:It seems Viz has licensed the original SekaChuu novel for release in the U.S.! :D The English title will be Socrates in Love, which was actually the working title of the Japanese version and the title the author wanted (the editor came up with the title Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai o Sakebu). It comes out in October.

doinkies can't wait! ^^
Thank you so much for the information, Doink-chan!
Anyone wanting to per-order a copy through Amazon can view it here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... &v=glance/

:wub:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Aug 1st, '05, 17:46

great drama as it is....there are definitely some flaws...well rather improvements that could have been made/edited...just one off the top of my head is the last episode...i feel that Aki died too soon...the last episode dragged on. =\

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Aug 2nd, '05, 00:31

doinkies can't wait! ^^
OMG! This is too good to be true! *Goes to pre-order a copy*

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Aug 3rd, '05, 04:54

Just finished watching this drama. I love the ending song by Shibasaki Kou. Everytime I listened to it, I felt like crying because it's so sad.

I thought I was going to cry alot while watching this drama, but I cried a little throughout parts of the drama. Overall, I liked how the drama was portrayed and how much Saku and the girl really loved each other. I'm glad that in the end Saku could move on with his life.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Aug 5th, '05, 05:14

fayenatic wrote:great drama as it is....there are definitely some flaws...well rather improvements that could have been made/edited...just one off the top of my head is the last episode...i feel that Aki died too soon...the last episode dragged on. =\
I thought some parts of each episode dragged on...but nonetheless, I didn't have the heart to fastforward like I do on some kdramas. The script is just so beautiful to miss, but surprisingly, I haven't really shed a single tear. Aki with her shaved head looked so pitiful that the actors probably didn't have a hard time inducing tears.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Aug 5th, '05, 20:02

jaycee05 wrote:
fayenatic wrote:great drama as it is....there are definitely some flaws...well rather improvements that could have been made/edited...just one off the top of my head is the last episode...i feel that Aki died too soon...the last episode dragged on. =\
I thought some parts of each episode dragged on...but nonetheless, I didn't have the heart to fastforward like I do on some kdramas. The script is just so beautiful to miss, but surprisingly, I haven't really shed a single tear. Aki with her shaved head looked so pitiful that the actors probably didn't have a hard time inducing tears.
you know what...same here....i dont understand why either. even before finishing the drama, i knew that sekai was going to be great/awesome/lifealtering/blah blah....yet, i really havent shed that many tears for it.

bumpity bump 'cause this dorama rocks! :wub:

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Aug 5th, '05, 20:09

Some episodes I did not cry either. But I'm guessing the reason is we already know from the first episode that Aki...[you know]...

But some episodes were rather depressing for me, since I know how it feels to have someone close to you living with cancer.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Aug 8th, '05, 17:30

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the ending to the movie? I heard it was different?

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Aug 9th, '05, 17:57

I´ve cried ALL episodes of Sekachu. :cry:
Even being a bit depressive, this series is the best IMO.
The perfomances by Yamada Takayuki and Ayase Haruka were really amazing, specially Yamada. He shows depth and emotion´s intensity in his acting. I was truely amazed about his acting, and I think he´s the best japanese actor at the moment.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Aug 10th, '05, 01:32

donna8157 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me the ending to the movie? I heard it was different?

in the movie, Kou Shibasaki plays Saku-chan's financee. Apparently when Aki died, she left one extra cassette for Saku...but it never reached him because the person Aki gave the tape to had a car accident. At the end, we find out that Saku-chan's finacee was in fact that little girl who played messenger for Saku and Aki while Aki was in the hospital.

besides that part....Saku actually spreads Aki's ashes in Uluru in Australia with his fiancee as a way of letting her go.

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Aug 20th, '05, 09:36

edit Thanks
Last edited by Kaji-shonen on Aug 21st, '05, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

raya

Post by raya » Aug 20th, '05, 13:07

Can anyone tell me where to get the English subtitles for this drama? Thanks!!!

chunger

Post by chunger » Aug 22nd, '05, 23:23

raya wrote:Can anyone tell me where to get the English subtitles for this drama? Thanks!!!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... lish&sort=

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Aug 23rd, '05, 10:23

Umm... any idea when the special(subbed) will be release?
cant wait too see it

raya

Post by raya » Aug 23rd, '05, 10:55

chunger wrote:
raya wrote:Can anyone tell me where to get the English subtitles for this drama? Thanks!!!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... lish&sort=

Thanks for your reply. But I am looking for the subtitles alone (.srt or .ssa file)...

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 23rd, '05, 12:00

T.M.Revolution wrote:Umm... any idea when the special(subbed) will be release?
cant wait too see it
There's a special? cool!!! What is it about?

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Aug 24th, '05, 14:10

20centuryboy wrote:
T.M.Revolution wrote:Umm... any idea when the special(subbed) will be release?
cant wait too see it
There's a special? cool!!! What is it about?
umm... its abt the story the the teacher's point of view if i am not wrong.
THink SARS is subbing it, but haven hear any news abt it :P

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 24th, '05, 15:51

nice! It would be cool to have a little more of that one! :P

Moomin

Post by Moomin » Aug 29th, '05, 01:31

I was reluctant to watch the drama at first because the manga was relatively short (one volume only) and the movie was around two hours. I had no idea how they could make a drama out of something that could have ended in a short time. But after watching the drama, I felt the movie was lacking depths(ie process of how Saku finally comes in term with the disease, how the families dealt with it). The manga was merely an abridged version of the movie (with a slight change: Saku lived with his grandfather, I think he has lost his family or something). Both the manga and movie didn't show the fact that when a love one is involved in an impending death, it will affect not only the two in love but also their families and friends.
The drama was more effective in conveying something believable. It didn't really seem that superficial and you somewhat grow up with the characters. I think this is the only drama that can make me tear from episode three onwards.

jemmeister

Post by jemmeister » Aug 29th, '05, 18:46

erm, is the movie version uploaded in this site?
if not then where can i download it?
thanks a heap!

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 30th, '05, 12:27

There is something I didn't understand in the drama and it's keep buggin' me:

When Saku send his letter to the radio it talks about someone who loose his hair because of illness. Why Aki comes to him the next day saying that she understood the letter was from him and being upset about this story as at this moment she's not ill!

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Aug 30th, '05, 23:53

20centuryboy wrote:There is something I didn't understand in the drama and it's keep buggin' me:

When Saku send his letter to the radio it talks about someone who loose his hair because of illness. Why Aki comes to him the next day saying that she understood the letter was from him and being upset about this story as at this moment she's not ill!
I think it's because she thinks lying about someone being sick for a radio story contest isn't the right thing to do, when so many people are sick in real life and struggling everyday. I got confused in this part too, and I still am. :D

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Aug 31st, '05, 00:11

20centuryboy wrote:There is something I didn't understand in the drama and it's keep buggin' me:
Aki was mad because Saku made up some story about a loved one being sick in order to win a prize on the radio show. Aki was mostly mad because Saku lied about such a thing. What if someone close to him was really dying? sick? This is her reasoning...

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Aug 31st, '05, 00:18

To add she knew the letter was from him because he said the story was about a girl named "A.H." and the story was by Romeo from class 2D.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 31st, '05, 05:20

ha, I got it now. Thanx guys ! :P

MmmSUSHI

[movie discussion] sekai no chuushin de, ai wosakebu

Post by MmmSUSHI » Sep 5th, '05, 00:14

i have watched the first episode of sekai no chuushin de, ai wosakebu ( crying out love, in the center of the world). i heard it was supposed to be really sad..but i havent even been moved my the drama yet..has any one seen this jdrama?

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 5th, '05, 00:37

I'm not sure why the topic says [movie discussion] when this thread isn't about the movie version...

anyway, doinkies has seen all of SekaChuu, and I love it. Definitely watch a few more episodes of it, it's worth it.

I've also seen the movie, but the movie just isn't as good.

The novel and manga come out in English this October, BTW, under the title Socrates in Love (which was actually the title the original author wanted...not "Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai o Sakebu"..THAT title was thought of by the editor.).

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 6th, '05, 10:05

merged...

wai_2j

Post by wai_2j » Sep 17th, '05, 12:52

i just finished watching this drama.... and wow, this was the worst i've ever seen! Dull, boring and dragging, would be how i'd describe it. The main character Saku was the most annoying person i've ever seen. He acted more like the female of the couple with his petty moodswings and girly actions. Another annoying aspect of this series was the violins in the background, which made it super cheesy and cringe-worthy.

The best part of the whole series was probably when saku got punched and also when his dad chucked him outside! I really have no idea why this series was recommended so highly

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 17th, '05, 15:07

doink-chan wrote:anyway, doinkies has seen all of SekaChuu, and I love it. Definitely watch a few more episodes of it, it's worth it.

I've also seen the movie, but the movie just isn't as good.
Totally agree with all of you guys. :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 22nd, '05, 12:50

I just finished watching it.

the first thing i did afterwards was climb out my window and sit on the roof-top below; i just sat there staring at the sky.

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 22nd, '05, 18:15

wai_2j wrote:i just finished watching this drama.... and wow, this was the worst i've ever seen! Dull, boring and dragging, would be how i'd describe it. The main character Saku was the most annoying person i've ever seen. He acted more like the female of the couple with his petty moodswings and girly actions. Another annoying aspect of this series was the violins in the background, which made it super cheesy and cringe-worthy.

The best part of the whole series was probably when saku got punched and also when his dad chucked him outside! I really have no idea why this series was recommended so highly
this is your personal opinion
BUT
reading your response to this drama made me feel you didnt understand any feelings portrayed in it!!! :glare:

Saku acted like a typical high school student in Japan (shy type). which is way different than high school students in US or any other part of the world. plus this story is supposed to be at the age of innocence (80's) before technology boom! ppl back them tend to be natural, and spontanious.

Yamada acted the role of Saku perfectly, and the fact that you found him annoying is kinda weird to many of us!

i think if this drama was all about fights and violance, you will highly recommend it huh? :glare:

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Oct 4th, '05, 22:54

BTW on the english novel version "Socrates in Love" from my research the ISBN number is 1421501546 in case you have a hard time finding it. Its October so it should be released soon.

For those who have seen the movie, the movie was based off the novel so the storyline and characters will be different from the show (reference discussion between the show and movie if you want more detail)

tinlunlau

Post by tinlunlau » Oct 13th, '05, 06:33

i hope this will be in stores instead of having it available on the internet only, just like the Battle Royale novel. i have a hard time trying to buy the BR novel.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 13th, '05, 11:06

i brawled tears watching this drama...... :cry:

it was different in the sense that it was less melodramatic. but so sweet and sad that i'm glad they were able to experience their firt love with each other. :cry:

wai_2j

Post by wai_2j » Nov 11th, '05, 17:28

kinki wrote:
wai_2j wrote:i just finished watching this drama.... and wow, this was the worst i've ever seen! Dull, boring and dragging, would be how i'd describe it. The main character Saku was the most annoying person i've ever seen. He acted more like the female of the couple with his petty moodswings and girly actions. Another annoying aspect of this series was the violins in the background, which made it super cheesy and cringe-worthy.

this is your personal opinion
BUT
reading your response to this drama made me feel you didnt understand any feelings portrayed in it!!! :glare:

Saku acted like a typical high school student in Japan (shy type). which is way different than high school students in US or any other part of the world. plus this story is supposed to be at the age of innocence (80's) before technology boom! ppl back them tend to be natural, and spontanious.

Yamada acted the role of Saku perfectly, and the fact that you found him annoying is kinda weird to many of us!

i think if this drama was all about fights and violance, you will highly recommend it huh? :glare:
Of course i understood what feelings were trying to be protrayed in this drama. The direction was just way too cheesy. Saku's character was annoying to me because he acted like a girl and a ponce :whistling: Maybe it's just a culture clash, i'm sure the majority of uk-born viewers would dislike this drama as well.

I've enjoyed almost every jdrama iv seen apart from this one, so i wouldnt say i prefer action dramas :scratch:

babai

Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu TV drama and movie

Post by babai » Nov 25th, '05, 09:34

Hey guys, I have a question. I haven't seen either yet, so I was wondering which one you think I should watch first. Since, the TV drama is so popular and highly acclaimed, I guess I had a feeling that if I saw it first, it would ruin my viewing experience of the film. What do you think?

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Nov 25th, '05, 23:30

Watch the movie first :P It'll draw you into the series pretty good, and finish it off with the drama. The drama will elaborate on what the movie didn't fill in, and will indeed be more romantic than the movie; watching the drama first will just leave gaps in the movie. The ending to the movie was so much better though :thumright:

Either way you watch it, this series just rocks.

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Nov 25th, '05, 23:47

There is already an exisiting thread discussing.

However, my opinion would be having seen both, (I saw the series first, then the movie) one didn't really spoil the other for me, the core two characters are there, but are a little different, supporting characters are tottally different, so for me one didn't have a baring on the other, I've watch the movie quite a few times and enjoy it, so I would watch that first. Other than sharing the same core concepts they are different, I'd guess you'll have to watch and see lol.

Both were very very good, a movie and a television drama.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Nov 26th, '05, 00:02

@babai:
Merged your thread with this one.

cmge

Sekai No Chuushin De, Ai Wo Sakebu question

Post by cmge » Dec 7th, '05, 00:08

i searched hi and lo and cant find a dedicated thread to it.. :( ...

n e whoo i just finally got thru watching the drama and im soo impressed wiht the casting.. specially with Ayase Haruka and Yamada Takayuki... they were spectacular... i never cried soo much from watching a drama in ANY language or movie for that matter...

now my question is... in the d-addict wiki it says the drama has 1-11eps and 1 special... wat is the special about coz i cant seem to find any info on it... :(

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 7th, '05, 00:12

Apparently, you didn't look quite hard enough... :roll
Merged...

Anyhow, the SP is a retelling of the story from the eyes of their teacher...

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 7th, '05, 00:28

mizune wrote:Anyhow, the SP is a retelling of the story from the eyes of their teacher...
... and it has some additional scenes, like the graduation ceremony.

cmge

Post by cmge » Dec 7th, '05, 01:24

mizune wrote:Apparently, you didn't look quite hard enough... :roll
Merged...

Anyhow, the SP is a retelling of the story from the eyes of their teacher...
ack... gomen... :(

hmm the SP sounds interesting... for those whos seen it is it any good?

Lawrens

Post by Lawrens » Dec 7th, '05, 01:30

Just finished the drama, I recommend both movie and drama, I loved the movie a lot, the characters are a bit different (might've been why I enjoyed the movie more), the scenes are beautiful in the movie, it felt better directed.

The tvdrama in the other hand, have great character developments and story, Saku's personality is ridiculous sometimes as someone mentioned, but after getting to the end, you don't mind him as much =P
Aki is both great in both the movie and drama, I like her personality even better in the drama.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 25th, '05, 02:07

Where do you all get the movie from anyway? Movies aren't allowed here on d-addicts, right? So is there a clubbox or anything that has it?

As for the drama: Gosh, I love it so much. I had never watched it if it wasn't for a recommendation of someone whose taste I pretty much trust. :) What happened is, it turned out to be the best drama I've ever seen. (I haven't seen much until now but the shows I finished are great shows like Hanadan, Gokusen, Nobuta wo Produce.)
At first I didn't like Haruka in the role of Aki at all since her cuteness seemed so fake, and I didn't even care about Takayuki alias Saku enough to have any objections. Both really grew on me as the story progressed which may also be because they seemed to improve their acting skills a lot throughout the series. Anyways, I love the show. I'd like to read the book too but it seems there's no translation yet, is there?

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Dec 26th, '05, 18:52

You can get the movie (region free) off ebay.

I agree though, even though the drama is really really good, I've watch the movie many times over and enjoy the movie quite a bit, the movie tells the story in a good 2hr package that is just as powerful.

supakoreanflyguy

Post by supakoreanflyguy » Dec 27th, '05, 07:46

anyone know where I can get the piano theme song piano sheet music, its a nice song.

maurin

Post by maurin » Oct 11th, '06, 16:46

Hello,
I have a kind of complicated question:
I watched the drama, and now I've been insipred to do my archaeology final on Uluru. My question is, does anyone know what books Aki reads about the aboriginal people? It's actually been a few months since I've seen the drama and I don't have the eps on my pc anymore.
Thank you for looking!

shining_fountain

Post by shining_fountain » Jan 16th, '07, 01:59

this was the best Japanese drama ever made imo

imissjpn

Post by imissjpn » Jan 28th, '07, 09:41

i heard the movie version for Sekai no Chuusin de is pretty good. i haven't watched either the drama or movie so far. which one would you suggest?? arigatoune. :thumright: