3%
STAY AWAY (1)
2%

Total votes: 645

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 3rd, '06, 06:07

FYI... get it shile you can 'cause this is getting merged into the Densha Otoko Discussion thread (where it belongs) sometime tomorrow...

kame101

Post by kame101 » Feb 3rd, '06, 07:13

cinalob wrote:i dont like this drama negative feed back right here
i mean wow what a geek/loser
I tend to agree. I couldn't watch more than the first episode of this drama because of the over the top bumbling geek main character. I realise it is a comedy but I actually found it a little insulting to the people out there in the real world who are like that. Also I like to watch characters that I look up to...I would never aspire to be that socially inept and obsessed. The ironiic thng is my girlfriend calls me Otaku for having an interest in Japanese drama (and films, language...).

DaT1PinoyDude

Post by DaT1PinoyDude » Feb 3rd, '06, 07:26

You can also watch the music video on www.youtube.com . Just type in Sambomaster into the search field and you can view other songs and music videos by Sambomater =] :-)

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Feb 3rd, '06, 08:58

The music video is in my Clubbox: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/Seghal/rlct5

denshaobsessed

Post by denshaobsessed » Feb 5th, '06, 11:44

i was also very annoyed by the constant crying from densha. I mean cmon, hes a 23 year old man for crying out loud. I dont care how socially inept you are, but a real life girl would be totally put off by a man that cries like that. It also doesn't paint a very positive picture of japanese men to foreigners.

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Feb 6th, '06, 00:37

denshaobsessed wrote: It also doesn't paint a very positive picture of japanese men to foreigners.
I don't think it has ever been the job of comedy to paint a positive picture of anyone.

naoto

Post by naoto » Feb 6th, '06, 03:03

blehbear wrote:Do you by any chance have that song godmode? Could you please send it to "blehbear at gmail dot com"
http://rapidshare.de/files/12656552/Yak ... u.mp3.html

:cheers:

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by onoturtle » Feb 13th, '06, 10:19

yay! i finally finished densha! so awesome. it took me months to get through the first 5 eps. i guess because i was busy with other things, shows, and well, that stalker ep was a bit disappointing (seemed like filler) and kinda turned me off. i had some down time today waiting for some friends, so i popped in densha 6 and was hooked. after my friends left after our little party, i marathoned my way through the rest of the series. i'm impressed and i'm glad i went through it.

i just need to watch that 'another finale special'. i took a peek.. and it kinda looks stupid. like they just wanted to have another ep for the hell of it. i'll check it out fully tomorrow...

hiho1601

Post by hiho1601 » Feb 13th, '06, 10:40

denshaobsessed wrote:i was also very annoyed by the constant crying from densha. I mean cmon, hes a 23 year old man for crying out loud. I dont care how socially inept you are, but a real life girl would be totally put off by a man that cries like that. It also doesn't paint a very positive picture of japanese men to foreigners.
lol pinpointed what i wanted to say....but i have to say for an otaku to catch misaki is realllllyyy somethin....hahahhaa!

;;;;goshhhh why did he cry at the most important scene! ^^;;;;;;

shoulda been a man and grabbed her by the waist and smooooooooooooooooch *

kai0227

Post by kai0227 » Feb 22nd, '06, 21:54

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before (with 61 pages in this thread it most likely has) but here it is anyway.

For those of you who have seen the Densha Otoko interview special segment, the one with Itou Misaki, Itou Atsushi and the actress who playes Jinkama, what show is that? Is that a regular show? I think the younger male host is a member of SMAP and I remember seeing that show, or at least something like it, for other things. It seems like a pretty interesting show with all these celebrities questioning each other so I was hoping someone knew the name of it or even better, where to get more episodes.

On a different note, I just finished watching the series, specials, the movie and reading the manga (or at least what's been translated). I think I'm going through Densha withdrawal, but I really liked this story.

Rhocake

Post by Rhocake » Feb 24th, '06, 20:15

The reason I enjoyed Densha Otoko so much was the fact that you "couldn't" relate to the main character at first. Every show has a main character that, no matter how geeky they were, you could always relate on some level to that character (which is also cool) 8)

In this show, however, you were led to "hate" Yamada at first. :crazy: Which is good, because as you endure the first few episodes you begin to sympathize with him as his character grows and through the use of dozens of intricate side characters.

This show is really good with character developement. :)

:O BUUUUTTT!!!! :O What REALLY makes the show interesting is, not Densha and Hermes, but the dozens of colorful side characters.

One of Densha Otoko's most memorable trademarks is the variations of multiple eccentric side characters that add flavor to the series as a whole. As you watch the show, you notice small little details on every character, and I like that. That takes some good writing.

Whew, that was my two cents... i hope someone took the time to actually read this. But most likely not.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Feb 25th, '06, 09:30

Rhocake wrote:The reason I enjoyed Densha Otoko so much was the fact that you "couldn't" relate to the main character at first. Every show has a main character that, no matter how geeky they were, you could always relate on some level to that character (which is also cool) 8)

In this show, however, you were led to "hate" Yamada at first. :crazy: Which is good, because as you endure the first few episodes you begin to sympathize with him as his character grows and through the use of dozens of intricate side characters.

:O BUUUUTTT!!!! :O What REALLY makes the show interesting is, not Densha and Hermes, but the dozens of colorful side characters.

One of Densha Otoko's most memorable trademarks is the variations of multiple eccentric side characters that add flavor to the series as a whole. As you watch the show, you notice small little details on every character, and I like that. That takes some good writing.

Whew, that was my two cents... i hope someone took the time to actually read this. But most likely not.
I read. :-)

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Feb 26th, '06, 22:08

After just becoming so heavily entranced into Densha Otoko. I really just have to say that there is nothing I find better to watch when I just need to really need a good laugh. The supporting cast is what really makes the show. SO many different characters that just absolutely brighten up the show. You find yourself as another one of the board members cheering Yamada on. I yell KITA, when the others yell. I fall down on the ground and convulse whenver Yamada reveals something spectacular that happens between him and HERMES (Sori).

To just totally lose yourself in this serious is just the greatest thing ever.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Feb 26th, '06, 22:19

Rhocake wrote:The reason I enjoyed Densha Otoko so much was the fact that you "couldn't" relate to the main character at first. Every show has a main character that, no matter how geeky they were, you could always relate on some level to that character (which is also cool) 8)

very nicely put!! :clap: :clap:

i agree 100%

S_p_h

Post by S_p_h » Mar 5th, '06, 19:19

Is there any translation of the book? or as i guess it's only in Japanese :pale: ?

木人&

in Densha Otoko...

Post by 木人& » Mar 12th, '06, 22:35

anyone heard Gekidan Hitori's ringtone?
it sounded like MmmOOOOO eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

it was halarious, i wanted to add that to my phone.

Aquilo

Post by Aquilo » Mar 13th, '06, 14:56

OMG I just watched it after a friend lent it to me its sooo good? lol I guess that is what everyone says but ya

Hmm two questions

hmm normally I dl Anime and stuff and I know where those are but
where do you go to dl subbed Jdrama I think I might change from Anime to Jdrama now lol^^

question 2
same question as the dude before is there a translation of the actual posts somewhere?

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 13th, '06, 15:44

Dude you're here. This is the site where you get Japanese drama and other East Asian dramas.

As for the original Densha Otoko thread. It was on the Japanese interenet bulletin board called "2 Channel" so I imagine the original lines are long gone. It became a book first. As for an English translation of that book, I have no idea, but somehow I doubt it is out yet. Sorry. :-(
Last edited by Prince of Moles on Mar 13th, '06, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Aquilo

Post by Aquilo » Mar 13th, '06, 20:31

^^ np thanks anyways

do you have any suggestions to what to watch next?

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 14th, '06, 02:13

Hmm depends on what you like. Try to browse through the Recommended JDrama list.

Though if you are a guy, I'd probably stay away from shows that are based on shojo manga. :P

Aquilo

Post by Aquilo » Mar 14th, '06, 03:42

^^ okay thanks alot for the help

Oh also btw does anyone know where I can find the Densta Otoko OST?

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Mar 20th, '06, 16:56

i am interesting in this jdrama i was wondering
if there is any clubbox for it

thanks in advance :)

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 20th, '06, 16:57

*kawaii* wrote:i am interesting in this jdrama i was wondering
if there is any clubbox for it

thanks in advance :)
here's one
http://clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Mar 20th, '06, 22:31

Aquilo wrote:
question 2
same question as the dude before is there a translation of the actual posts somewhere?
This site re-posted the original posts in Japanese.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Aqu ... inman.html

And this one, is in the midst of translating the posts into English.
http://www.rinji.tv/densha/

I'd definetely recommend reading them in either language. Densha Otoko is so cute!

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 20th, '06, 22:37

Rate 5!
One of my favorite!

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Mar 20th, '06, 22:53

i saw the first and the second episodes
i can't wait for the rest
i really like it
i think otoko is cute
^_^

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 20th, '06, 22:57

she's a beauty!!
she's a goddess!!
she's awesome!!
she's...
:D

lol

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Apr 3rd, '06, 23:29

just finished with this dorama
:cheers: it's awesome.....i can't stop punching my pillow 'cause it's so funny :shocked:
I even finished them in 3 consecutive days , which offcourse, make me think whether i'm an otaku of dorama myself :sorry:

anyway, wat is "moe" means?

groink

Post by groink » Apr 3rd, '06, 23:40

babycurious wrote:anyway, wat is "moe" means?
moe - A Japanese word used in the anime sector. The word refers to a person who is attracted to either a specific character or its specific partial element and have a favor feeling toward it. Moe suggests the condition of being infatuated with one character or thing and implies an image of someone burning with desire. Partial elements can be "weak girl moe", "young lady moe", and "glasses moe".

--- groink

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Apr 4th, '06, 08:31

ah, so that's what "moe" means....
thank you groink :)

usagi_on_the_moon

Post by usagi_on_the_moon » Apr 4th, '06, 18:14

it would be interesting to read the actual book.
anyone attempted that?? :whistling:

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Apr 4th, '06, 18:45

usagi_on_the_moon wrote:it would be interesting to read the actual book.
anyone attempted that?? :whistling:
The whole thing is that right now "Densha Otoko" the book is only printed in Japanese and in Japan. I have no idea whether it would ever be translated into different languages.

I don't know about you guys but I though Misaki Ito was SO hot in this drama...I've now become a big Misaki fan because of it although most of her recent dramas doesn't show her in such a way as Densha did...But still she's so HOT
Attachments
Misaki Itou 1.jpg
Misaki Itou 1.jpg (232.49 KiB) Viewed 5448 times

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Apr 15th, '06, 05:07

I have to agree with you that im a Itou Misaki fan big time now because of Densha Otoko. Like that one scene whenever densha goes over to her house, and she answers the door the way that she look was definetly a moment. *takes a moment of silence*

too awesome

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Apr 19th, '06, 02:37

hey did anyone have any problem downloading ep 7 from wachi's clubbox (http://clubbox.co.kr/kdwluverz)? i've downloaded the other eps without any problems but for 7 it just stalls at 0kb/s for the past few days :-(
then i tried to download it from naynay's clubbox and it started for a while at 6kb/s and then stalled for the past few days too :cry:
anyone knows of any other clubbox that has it in MQ? thanks...

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Apr 20th, '06, 22:15

sesshu.kotoyumu wrote:I have to agree with you that im a Itou Misaki fan big time now because of Densha Otoko. Like that one scene whenever densha goes over to her house, and she answers the door the way that she look was definetly a moment. *takes a moment of silence*

too awesome
Woah, I totally agree. That's my favorite scene :wub: Everytime I think about Densha Otoko, for some reason I get a little teary.. :cry: It's my all time favorite Drama.. I get so sentimental...sorry, I know it's weird...

I think I'm going to watch it again for fun.. :-)

tcchai

Post by tcchai » Apr 22nd, '06, 14:24

It is reallly touching,....
me watched 3rd time still got feeling of wanting to tear...

Cheeers to Ito............ I am very much attracted to her....

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:12

i just finish watching ep-10 of denshi otoko.. 8) 8)
still waiting for the last ep lol :-( :-( :-(
sometime when i watch this drama, i felt really anoying..!!!!! how come an otokus can have such a beautiful woman as his gf... :O :O :O
but overall i really like this drama.. :thumright: :thumright:

liannejoy

Post by liannejoy » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:25

i love this series! laughed my butt off on "MOE" part!!! :w00t:

even my uncle sat down to watch this series! :lol

Moe! :P sooo cute!

godmode

Post by godmode » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:33

sesshu.kotoyumu wrote:I have to agree with you that im a Itou Misaki fan big time now because of Densha Otoko. Like that one scene whenever densha goes over to her house, and she answers the door the way that she look was definetly a moment. *takes a moment of silence*

too awesome
http://media2.uploadjar.com/uploads/misaki.gif :wub: shes so cute

Transient_Cloud

Post by Transient_Cloud » May 20th, '06, 16:43

I just finished watching it...............I will never ever forget this show ever in my life (T_T)

And Misaki Itou is totally hot ahhhhhhhhhhh

Transient_Cloud

Post by Transient_Cloud » May 20th, '06, 16:44

Oh sorri, do you know where I can get the OST? especially the opening theme song

Prowler_88

Post by Prowler_88 » May 20th, '06, 17:27

Just finished this...

Watched the last 5 episodes back to back!

I thought that it was a great drama, though at times simply frustrating due to Yamada's inability to react. But then I suppose thats what the story revolves around. Some very funny moments too.

:thumleft:

yr

Post by yr » May 21st, '06, 15:13

Quite a few ppl think DenshaOtaku's actions as un-real, un-bearable whatsoever, .... Well, if you read the board log, you will see that the producers kinda made up those details to make the series more interesting.

But then, it doesnt mean that ppl like that are not in real life. Those who say that obviously dont have much understanding of the japanese people and culture, and of Otaku.

I would say if you dont understand much about japanese culture and unwilling to put yourself in the DenshaOtaku's shoes, then you better not watch this series, you will just hate it.

NaCl

Post by NaCl » May 21st, '06, 21:26

Just finished it yesterday. It was great. It was good for Densha to have nice net buddies.
By the way, does anyone know where I can get that melody that's play throughout the series? I believe that melody was played in the last episode a little bit after the kissing scene (when that baseball guy starts talking). It is around time 36:30 for my file.

Yukimo

Post by Yukimo » May 22nd, '06, 08:37

Hi !
Just finished it too !!! It's really awesome !
NaCl did you try the OST ? Maybe it's not inside, I'm looking for a song which is not in the OST : that's the song we can hear in the last episode when Hermes is looking for Densha in Akiba (about 20:20) ... :wub:
If anyone knows .... thanks :-)

NaCl

Post by NaCl » May 22nd, '06, 19:56

Yukimo, that song would be the ending song.
I don't think the OST has that song I am looking for. If you happen to figure out what it is, tell me. Thank you.

Okay. I found it. It's the 13th track. Hah.

Yukimo

Post by Yukimo » May 23rd, '06, 06:48

Great ! We both have found the song we were looking for ! :-)
Mine is "Romantic ga tomaranai" by C-C-B ! :cheers:

tcchai

Post by tcchai » May 26th, '06, 11:20

Dear All,
Today is Misaki chan birthday....
How I wish I would be in Jap celebrating her birthday together with her...

:):):)

jump

Densha Otoko Special 2006

Post by jump » May 31st, '06, 20:08

There will be Densha Otoko Special at September
Information → http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20060 ... 60101.html

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Jun 1st, '06, 02:18

cool......densha otoko is my fave dorama.....looking forward.... :D

zindaka

Post by zindaka » Jul 8th, '06, 15:49

i just finished watching the movie version, i havent watched the series version yet... but what is with the ending?

does he really meet hermes or not? b/c he gives the little girl something and walks awaya

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jul 11th, '06, 18:33

woo Densha Otoko speicial :dance: I can't wait .. though they announced it quite early still 2 months to go..

I'm hoping it'll be good.. I hoped they'd leave Densha alone because the story ended.. but hopefully this 2 hour special will be good.

Looks like the temporary title is 「Densha Otoko DX ~ Saigo no Seizen ~」 - "Densha Otoko DX ~ The Last Crusade ~" and will be a battle for Hermes between Densha and an IT millionaire played by (I think) Kitamura Kazuki. Looks like Horikita Maki will be back too as well as Shiraishi Miho!! ^_^; ..

zindaka

Post by zindaka » Jul 12th, '06, 15:22

err, what speciall?
theres an alternate ending one,

ocha otoko

Post by ocha otoko » Jul 12th, '06, 16:12

i wonder how the real densha and hermes are going though...if their identities were ever released...they'd be mobbed...

but yeah densha will always be close to the top of my favourites list, although the drama was an exaggerated version of his story it still remains very inspiring...methinks...:]

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Jul 15th, '06, 02:14

I thought some of the acting was a bit overexaggerated, but I guess that was for the fun of it. Although the crying can seem a little annoying (cause he cries like every eps or something doesn't he?) , it's still very enjoyable in my opinion. I'd recommend it. ^.^ very sweet drama.

ianwarren

weird guy in Densha Otoko

Post by ianwarren » Sep 9th, '06, 00:23

In the series Densha Otoko is there any significance to that guy who messages on the foreum superimposed on scenes around south east Asia wearing a red beret?

Is it some kind of obscure Japanese reference or just wierd character? :scratch:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 9th, '06, 02:14

merged with discussion thread.

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 20th, '06, 08:42

I just finished this drama. Densha is the biggest crybaby I've ever seen! Everytime he starts crying (which is 3847634897 times every episode ), I feel like punching him. lol! I can't imagine ANY woman (beautiful or plain) liking a shrimpy, whiny guy like him.

I also browsed through the entire original 2ch thread which the drama was based on (took a while). The real densha seems pretty cool--much cooler than the drama densha--and he's not that short. He's 172 cm, in fact, about as tall as Ito Misaki. He is said to somewhat resemble the guitarist for ELT which is this guy:

Ito Ichiro
[img]http://www.jpopmusic.com/elt/itoh.jpg[/img]

The real girl supposedly resembles the following girls (perhaps more similar to the second girl, Nakatani Miki, who actually played Hermes in the Densha movie):

Ogawa Tamaki
[img]http://www.pia.co.jp/pff/award/award2004/img/ogawa.jpg[/img]

Nakatani Miki
[img]http://www.jdorama.com/img_a/000348.jpg[/img]

gyuudon

Post by gyuudon » Sep 23rd, '06, 12:31

Watching the DX Special right now... I wished I studied more Japanese before coming here. T_T

Can only understand like 1/10 of it, but enough to follow the plot.

Still like the series though.

SnowWolf

Post by SnowWolf » Sep 23rd, '06, 13:18

I can't wait to see the special! Does anybody know a place to get JDrama raws by any chance?

gyuudon

Post by gyuudon » Sep 23rd, '06, 13:34

Usually the raws pop up here 1-3 days after the airing. Since this SP is still airing as I type this, it's not going to pop up today maybe.

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Sep 23rd, '06, 16:01

Don't worry were working on having it up today (^_-)

SnowWolf

Post by SnowWolf » Sep 23rd, '06, 18:44

Amazing! Looking forward to it :D

myke

Post by myke » Sep 24th, '06, 14:34

must watch Densha Otoko Sp.....

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Sep 24th, '06, 14:36

Densha Otoko DX is made of major win.

AJhackett

Post by AJhackett » Sep 25th, '06, 13:50

does anyone has Tsubaki - sea of love japanese version? i can't seem to find it. Anyone kind enough to upload it into ysi. Arigato hontoni arigato :wub: :wub: :wub:

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 26th, '06, 04:43

I thought this would be an overkill fluff piece, but they really took their time in writing a good story with the Deluxe SP. They also didn't cut any corners on the budget. It was kind of a trip down memory lane and a cap on the whole Densha phenomena, from the net story, to the books, to the movie, and ultimately the series itself.

The SP included just about everyone from the series, including the high profile supporting characters - Oguri Shun, Horikita Maki, Sato Eriko, Miho Shirase, etc. It's really amazing how many known people are in the ensemble cast.

This is a must for Densha Otoko fans! 8)

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Sep 26th, '06, 04:45

[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/ ... Deluxe.jpg[/img]

Saw this at the end of IQ Sapuri game show where Densha and one of Hermes's friend was on the show.

It looks to be another TV special???? or something. Any can read the kanji in the picture??

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 26th, '06, 16:37

That's the 2nd SP we've been talking about - Densha Otoko Deluxe - The Last Crusade.

As far as I know, this is the end-all for the series.

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Sep 27th, '06, 00:39

Had a question, but im going to say it in spoilers for those who haven't watched the DX SP.
How come at the end they cut it like that? Does that mean that they are going to have another special about the wedding? How come Misaki san didn't have the ring on at the end when they were walking on the beach!

DISCUSS AWAY, WE NEED MORE DETAILS!!!

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Sep 27th, '06, 01:18

i think the director let us see her hand w/o the ring on purpose. sth is fishy here >_>. Another SP ? :roll

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Sep 27th, '06, 02:09

Aye I think one last special will be about the wedding, has to be...IT MUST!!! Need more Densha Otoko

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 27th, '06, 03:42

I don't think there will be another one. I don't think it really mattesr that it didn't end definitvely.

On the other hand, the Densha-related stuff isn't completely over:

Mina anime series coming in January!

http://www.mi-na.jp/

silverdeca

Post by silverdeca » Sep 27th, '06, 05:23

is there any subs for the deluxe sp? or the torrent is already subbed? thanks in advance!

sudent

Post by sudent » Sep 27th, '06, 05:59

Forgive my ignorance, but does this island even exist, and if it is what is it called? thanks :lol

[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3338 ... bt5.th.jpg[/img]