12%
Only if you have time (2)
12%
STAY AWAY (1)
No votes

Total votes: 116

rikimaru1

Post by rikimaru1 » Jul 10th, '07, 08:00

What drew me into watching the series after the first episode was the great acting by Tsumabuki and Fukatsu. Fukatsu in particular showed off her veteran acting skills and was really comfortable with her character.

I agree that the secondary story between Eisuke & Mino wasn't as good...in truth, when it was suddenly resolved at the end, it didn't make any sense to me! (in terms of their characters and how their personalities or growth drove their relationship).

Overall, though, the series was unique...like others have said, it's a bit more like real life. Time flies forward, people live their lives.

SPOILER below:
I think it was really refreshing to see how it ended...Riichi being who he is, the circumstances didn't drive him to do something impulsive and dramatic like what we would expect with 90% of the typical J-doramas. He just kept at it slow and steady...

banpeikun

Post by banpeikun » Jul 10th, '07, 15:02

I appreciate the acting very much also. I watched episode 1 and some of the facial expressions crack me up. Riichi's face the first time he goes driving with Isaki has this expression of utter disbelief. Then at the end of the episode when she buys him a coffee, but they get the order wrong again, she says "maybe this one tastes better," that sequence is hilarious also. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

Kae

Post by Kae » Oct 7th, '07, 09:35

Spent 10 hours from 6 pm Saturday to 4am Sunday watching Slow Dance. I found Riichi and Isaki a cute couple by the second episode especially after Isaki borrowed the toilet :) Sometimes Isaki is like a kid that you forget she's supposed to be the more mature one since she's older.
Awwwww, the backward look in episode 3! Ooooh! Back glances really make my heart twitch. And the head patting. I'm a sucker for head pats.

In episode 5, Riichi plays her scene over and over again. More "awwwwww" and when he woke up in the morning, he sees it again because somehow he had the video he directed on loop and left it playing so he woke up seeing it and smiled all over again. And he counted sheep for her over the phone instead of singing like she asked, but she doesn't mind. Waaaaaaaaaaaah. Tsumabuki Satoshi has such a killer smile and I think Fukatsu Eri is adorable here.

Waaah tense phone calls in episode 8.

Bad idea leaving right away the morning after. Ah episode 9, you are trying to make me tear my hair off
I like how age wasn't such an issue between the main couple, although now that I think about it is being a non-issue unnatural?

This series made me feel good overall. It's like my heart is being pulled and stretched more and more as I progressed on each episode and I love, love, love the soundtrack. Looking for it now.

banpeikun

Post by banpeikun » Oct 9th, '07, 05:27

Did you finish the whole series already? I watched all but the last episode.

Kae

Post by Kae » Oct 10th, '07, 11:56

Definitely finished it. The day after, I downloaded all the subs and started reading them in the office. :) It didn't make me cry buckets like 1 Litre (which is also a favorite), is not really a comedy, but I love it. It was laid back and real and very nice indeed. Maybe nearing Isaki's age in the series in a few years has something to do with it :) and ofcourse the leads acted well in it IMHO.

mukthi27

Post by mukthi27 » Oct 10th, '07, 18:29

I really enjoyed it! This drama does justice to its name.. its definitely a slow dance. I loved how the characters were molded to act so that the there was no stepping on toes!

One of the best works of satoshi san! He outdid himself and was very cute. The lead actress just lit up the screen with her sense of humor and spotaneity! She was very cute too!

:)

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Nov 14th, '07, 21:55

I loved this drama too! Satoshi's acting was superb here as well as the female lead, and I loved the chemistry between the two! The slower pace of the show allowed all the characters and their story to develop, loved the ending too!

namedx

Post by namedx » Nov 14th, '07, 23:37

awww my first EVER Jdorama (can you believe it), sigh...brings back memories

Peace out =)

JC

Post by JC » Jan 14th, '08, 23:57

I'm watching this now and I'm liking it so far. That Mino is a **** for going to Kagoshima with Eisuke though. I couldn't stand her from the start and I flat out hate her now. She's so rude and annoying. I hope she ends up alone at the end. :lol

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Dec 2nd, '10, 03:04

Great drama. Great mash up by Fukatsu Eri and Tsumabuki Satoshi. A lot of dead space if it wasn't for their acting..

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Dec 3rd, '10, 05:21

It's so odd to see this bumped after so long because I just watched it! I loved Fukatsu Eri and Tsumabuki Satoshi in it. I was super surprised to see that there were so many people cheering for Ayumi and Riichi in this thread cos Ayumi was super bland for half of the series I forgot she even existed. I wanted Riichi and Isaki together from the start, I loooove those love/hate relationships XD

My only problem with the drama was that I really didn't care about Eisuke and Mino but I did like how Riichi and Isaki would use them to talk about because they couldn't talk about their own relationship... I thought that was cute!

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Dec 6th, '10, 13:26

I've repeatedly watched a few eps after finishing the whole series. This show is just cool and feels real. One thing that strikes me is the uber long shots, a lot of them and probably what gives the feeling of it being "real." It's not dead obvious like in "children of men (movie 2006)" where a lot of things were going on during the uber long shots. Here, its only the two lead characters and that to me is awesome, they just blend, nothing precarious, no tricks, its just pure chemistry. Just thinking about the hard work and dedication they put to pull those off is just icing on the cake, and not anyone can do it - absolutely.

Anyway, anybody know what the make and model of Richii's bike? looks really cool, if I can find one, I'll probably get one :)

kokutetsu

Post by kokutetsu » Dec 9th, '10, 06:50

I agree that this drama seems real. One of several reasons it's probably my all time favorite. You might also like Orange Days.

The scooter is a Honda Zoomer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Zoomer