Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Poll on the ending of Moto Kare (Spoiler Alert)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

If you were Touji who would you have ended up with (not the actual actress)?

Nao
39%
Makoto
61%

Total votes: 33

alysha

Poll on the ending of Moto Kare (Spoiler Alert)

Post by alysha » Apr 24th, '05, 04:37

SPOILER ALERT:

Hey guys and girls...
I couldn't find a place to discuss Moto Kare so i've made one. How good was it !!!! This is actually my second japanese drama that i've watched...i would only watch korean dramas before and thought japanese dramas were really crap...up until i watched moto kare and Hotman....they are so good..

Anyways what did you think about the ending? do you think Touji should have been with Nao or Makoto? (thats where the poll comes in, please vote)

Personally i think they might have rushed the ending and they should have developed the relationships instead of letting everything happen in the one last episode....

However i think Touji would be ultimately happy with ...wait for it....Makoto.....
she wasn't a **** to Nao during the first few episodes.......even though everyone says she was......And even though Nao is a really really nice person (the type that you would fall for) Makoto slightly edges her out....slightly!!!! There has been alot of discussions about this in japan and else-where about how it ended and whom he ended up with...apparently there is Nao and Makoto support groups...hmmm......

...but i'm really interested on what people think....so lets discuss

Poll Result 07/30/05
If you were Touji who would you have ended up with (not the actual actress)?
Nao: 0
Makoto: 6

alysha

Post by alysha » Apr 24th, '05, 04:52

And One more thing!! does anyone know that song which goes..

I cried a tear,
You wiped the dry,
i was confused
You cleared my mind
You put me high,
upon a pedestal
so high that i can almost see eternity
You needed me, you needed me.

(and then the guy sings his part)

Its a duet...and i want to find out the people who sing this and the name of the song..!!!

[EDIT] Found the title "You needed me" but still need the people who sing it..
Despite that everyone is saying its "Tsunami" by Southern All Stars.......(what version have you guys been watching?) ....i can't seem to find the song....

Moshi2!

Post by Moshi2! » Apr 26th, '05, 15:02

SPOILER ALERT:

i totally agree w/ you alysha. from epds 1 we can see that touji couldn't forget her. He love her and they still have that feeling inside although they seperate and make new relationship w/ other people. So if they end up together that a must. He doesnt loves nao as much he loves makoto.
I guess people are mad or dislike makoto cos she is the third person in a relationship.
I see it this way : poor nao in the future if she have to be with someone who doesn't love her as much as she did to touji and always remember his ex. I say just dump him nao!
or
Nao is the third person between makoto and touji -like my friend once said.
i dont think makoto that rude or act like '****' like people said.
Have you read people's comment about motokare in jdorama? specially about character makoto. saying that she (makoto not ryoko -red) 'slut' and other name.
I really dont think they shouldn't write that. It's just a film.
Sorry i cant help you w/ the song. Is this song are the same as background song when makoto said that all her life she will not give her heart away again coz it hurts.. etc.. then she leave touji alone? If it is, than is a song i've been looking too. I cried watching that scene.

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Sep 26th, '05, 16:24

hmn...anyone found that particular song yet??

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 26th, '05, 17:06

Makoto is the competitiv woman but she has a big nose and bad teeth... :lol

and Nao is really cute and nice but that might be boring after a while...

It's impossible to have both? As a pack or something like that...

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 26th, '05, 17:26

I vote for Makoto. The story revolved him going back to her. If he had gone with Noa, I doubt I would like the ending and probably wont make the drama that entertaining.

Just my 2 cents :)

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Sep 26th, '05, 17:27

alysha wrote:And One more thing!! does anyone know that song which goes..

I cried a tear,
You wiped the dry,
i was confused
You cleared my mind
You put me high,
upon a pedestal

Its a duet...and i want to find out the people who sing this and the name of the song..!!!

Despite that everyone is saying its "Tsunami" by Southern All Stars.......(what version have you guys been watching?) ....i can't seem to find the song....
Its a Japanese song right? Do you know the Japanese title/lyrics? And is it played in this drama?

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Sep 27th, '05, 12:31

that song is sung by japanese but the original is from boyzone or anne murray......

until now no one can find the duet...the duet sounds really nice...

anyway totally agreable with the ending,,,,...saeki san and touji is meant for each other......they can forget each other....no point nao and touji stay together when they are not trully in love with each other....

and...of course touji had to choose one!!!!

sorry, maybe im also biased cos i love hirosue ryoko a lot!!!!!

Azrael2d

Post by Azrael2d » Sep 30th, '05, 15:20

I had high expectations for this drama. The story was alright but the main actors just disappointed me. I'm talking about Dohmoto Tsuyoshi and Uchiyama Rina (Ryoko was good with her bad teeth and sexy big nose) But maybe because I saw summer snow and then this and thought that ryoko and Tsuyoshi can work magic again......oh well....I mean even the supporting cast was good. Where did it go wrong!!! :crazy: TELL ME!!!! :-( .....Cheers!!!

Motoki18

Post by Motoki18 » Oct 1st, '05, 05:06

alysha wrote:And One more thing!! does anyone know that song which goes..

I cried a tear,
You wiped the dry,
i was confused
You cleared my mind
You put me high,
upon a pedestal

IIf you are talking about the ending song of the drama it is by Kinki Kids - 薄荷キャンディー

2triky

Post by 2triky » Oct 1st, '05, 05:17

this drama was not nearly as good as i expected...fair to say it was disappointing especially with the handful of famous celebrities in it...the plot was too contrived...and tsuyoshi's character, the protagonist, was unbelievably portrayed.

summer snow was infinitely better and if you think moto kare was so good...i daresay you have many more dramas to watch in order to quality the usage of the word "good" appropriately. glad you enjoyed it but once you've seen a number of dramas i believe you wouldn't think moto kare all that.

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Oct 1st, '05, 05:18

I seriously had my money on Nao, even though i know dam well she wouldn't be chosen in the end but I had high hopes

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Oct 1st, '05, 06:40

2triky wrote:this drama was not nearly as good as i expected...fair to say it was disappointing especially with the handful of famous celebrities in it...the plot was too contrived...and tsuyoshi's character, the protagonist, was unbelievably portrayed.

summer snow was infinitely better and if you think moto kare was so good...i daresay you have many more dramas to watch in order to quality the usage of the word "good" appropriately. glad you enjoyed it but once you've seen a number of dramas i believe you wouldn't think moto kare all that.
... contrived? This is one of the more realistic love stories I've seen, in my opinion. Situations like this happen, I've seen it. And in my experience the ex did win over the rebound person. So it was pretty obvious to me who was gonna win...

Anyways, to call this drama too contrived is silly to me. What j-drama's not contrived? Summer Snow is way more contrived than this...cmon. Older brother acts as a parent, younger brother is deaf, little sister knocked up, tsuyoshi falls in love with girl with a bad heart...and don't get me started on the ending. I was enjoying that drama until that silly ending, now thats contrived.

As for this drama, its not the my favorite, but it was enojyable for me to watch. And I believe I have seen a fair amount of dramas and still think this drama is good.

2triky

Post by 2triky » Oct 1st, '05, 07:16

tonydesu wrote:
2triky wrote:this drama was not nearly as good as i expected...fair to say it was disappointing especially with the handful of famous celebrities in it...the plot was too contrived...and tsuyoshi's character, the protagonist, was unbelievably portrayed.

... contrived? This is one of the more realistic love stories I've seen, in my opinion. Situations like this happen, I've seen it. And in my experience the ex did win over the rebound person. So it was pretty obvious to me who was gonna win...

Anyways, to call this drama too contrived is silly to me. What j-drama's not contrived? Summer Snow is way more contrived than this...cmon. Older brother acts as a parent, younger brother is deaf, little sister knocked up, tsuyoshi falls in love with girl with a bad heart...and don't get me started on the ending. I was enjoying that drama until that silly ending, now thats contrived.

As for this drama, its not the my favorite, but it was enojyable for me to watch. And I believe I have seen a fair amount of dramas and still think this drama is good.
i'm glad you liked it so much but the entire notion of "office romance" is the most hackneyed convention in the universe of japanese dramas...and that's the paradigm on which this drama is based. i've seen dramas dating as far back as early 90s that have had representations present in this contemporary drama. the apathetic expressions of the protagonist almost until the very end of the show defy any academic "suspension of disbelief." notwithstanding the fact that i enjoyed rina uchiyama's performance, the fact that her character got burned so many times yet she almost blindly refused to relent in her relationship was quite ridiculous...if you know females that would put up with that shiet...well tell them to wake up....

Azrael2d

Post by Azrael2d » Oct 1st, '05, 08:18

shiet??...oh I get it!! !...anyways summer snow was like most dramas cheesy but the actors did a great performance that sell the story and the ending even do I was hopping for a more dramatic ending(cruel dead!!!) did the job. Moto Kare would work if those two (Tsuyoshi and Rina) would act!! There emotions and characterization were lame. The story can be garbage but if you have the right CHEMISTRY between the actors then they can pull it together.....cheers!!!! 8)

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Oct 1st, '05, 08:37

2triky wrote:i'm glad you liked it so much but the entire notion of "office romance" is the most hackneyed convention in the universe of japanese dramas...and that's the paradigm on which this drama is based. i've seen dramas dating as far back as early 90s that have had representations present in this contemporary drama. the apathetic expressions of the protagonist almost until the very end of the show defy any academic "suspension of disbelief." notwithstanding the fact that i enjoyed rina uchiyama's performance, the fact that her character got burned so many times yet she almost blindly refused to relent in her relationship was quite ridiculous...if you know females that would put up with that shiet...well tell them to wake up....
Yea, I'm sure office romances are used a lot in Japanese dramas, and I'm pretty sure there are better ones. Still like this one though, maybe because the story's feels more realstic/personal to recent experiences.

As for for telling people I know like that to wake up, that's exactly what I do. Wake up move on, yada yada. That's the job of the friend that's not directly involved, watching from a 3rd person point of view. But hey, for those people directly involved, it's a different matter. It's easy to say "you're being stupid" when you're sitting in the audience. People get crazy when they're in love, there's no logic involved. So I don't think Nao's feelings were ridiculous, just very true to life.

2triky

Post by 2triky » Oct 1st, '05, 08:48

tonydesu wrote:
2triky wrote:i'm glad you liked it so much but the entire notion of "office romance" is the most hackneyed convention in the universe of japanese dramas...and that's the paradigm on which this drama is based. i've seen dramas dating as far back as early 90s that have had representations present in this contemporary drama. the apathetic expressions of the protagonist almost until the very end of the show defy any academic "suspension of disbelief." notwithstanding the fact that i enjoyed rina uchiyama's performance, the fact that her character got burned so many times yet she almost blindly refused to relent in her relationship was quite ridiculous...if you know females that would put up with that shiet...well tell them to wake up....
Yea, I'm sure office romances are used a lot in Japanese dramas, and I'm pretty sure there are better ones. Still like this one though, maybe because the story's feels more realstic/personal to recent experiences.

As for for telling people I know like that to wake up, that's exactly what I do. Wake up move on, yada yada. That's the job of the friend that's not directly involved, watching from a 3rd person point of view. But hey, for those people directly involved, it's a different matter. It's easy to say "you're being stupid" when you're sitting in the audience. People get crazy when they're in love, there's no logic involved. So I don't think Nao's feelings were ridiculous, just very true to life.

that's cool...well any subjective frame of reference that one brings with them when watching a performance will act as a len that will focus certian aspects of the narrative. nonetheless...as somebody mentioned already a certain chemistry between actors obviates reliance on certain contrivances but i don't think there was much chemistry here...even b/n tsuyoshi and hirosue, especially compared to summer snow....a drama which won multiple awards including best actress for hirosue....

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Nov 17th, '06, 01:41

the only way for me to like the ending, was Toji to end up with NO ONE! He totally dont deserve either girl. He took forever to make up his mind and he totally treated both girls like crap.
Id also wanna give Chitose a kick in the butt the way he treated Hiroe. He was making such a huge deal that she was 10yrs younger then him. Who cares if you're in love.
i have no clue why Nao or Makoto wanted Toji, he has no looks and no personality at all!!