Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
kawaiimomo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mar 24th, '07, 19:13

Post by kawaiimomo » Sep 27th, '07, 00:04

wow i see some people don't like hana-kimi. o well i personally luv it! :wub: (just my opinion though)

ok i have to agree with proposal daisakusen, i mean its not the worst but its NOT the best. it couldn've been so much better!!! i hated they way they did things, i hated Rei and Ken, and i hated how they were so stubborn!!! o and i really hated Ken's speech. i must be the only person who didn't find his speech touching at all! no offense but it was so freaken rude to say that at someones wedding! he had like 10 chances to say it and yet he choses to say it at a their wedding of all places!! :cussing: i actuall liked tada sensei character more than kens cause he was such a sweet guy! :wub: anyways i lost the little respect i had for ken when he did that speech! :-( anyways 40% of myself tells me it was acutally a good drama but then 60% of myself is like it couldn't been an amazing drama but wasn't!! and i don't think i'm biased because i didn't really the pairing because there are other pairings that i didn't like in the beginning like My Sassy Girl pairing but the characters and acting made me luv the pairing. anyways i'll shut-up with my rambling now.

btw for the person who dosen't like Kimura Takuya, do you also hate A Million Stars Falling from The Sky? btw i'm not trying to bash you or anything just curious since i think that show is like a cult classis :roll

giggle weed
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 20th, '07, 09:00
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Post by giggle weed » Sep 27th, '07, 00:19

TNF wrote:Summer Snow, absolutely boring and I couldn't stand the actors/actresses, sigh
I honestly can't believe someone actually voted summer snow as the worst. xD For me it was my favorite everr.

Also for Cheap Love, I can't believe people didn't like it. xD Again it's one of my faves. I thought the tragic ending was so perfect. Because of the kid. D; Well, I loved it.

The worst for me, though, was hanayome to papa (I think that's the title?) The acting was the WORST ever. Junno was the only upside to it. Although he was a little too innocent looking for his image, he's pretty cute. But even with him, I couldn't watch past the first half hour.

artemis07
Posts: 15
Joined: Aug 11th, '07, 04:48
Location: PA, USA

Post by artemis07 » Sep 27th, '07, 00:45

Archaenon wrote: I just finished Hana Kimi ( the japanese version ). I really forced myself yto watch it because I can't stand Oguri Shun. I keep thinking he did enough drugs to just be way too mellow/not looking in the right direction kinda tired looking for every roll. He worked for Hanazawa Rui in HYD because Rui was supposed to be Autistic. And Maki is a horrible actress , she's way too animated , as in I can't beilieve her and her facial expressions are kinda awful. The Taiwan version still winds hands down because it had better casting , and I liked how they did the characters better. The should of stopped looked at YEH in coffee prince and Ella and told Maki to tone it down or take some pointers in acting.
Maki too animated? Taking pointers from Ella? Sorry If I may seem rude, but I gotta disagree with you. Ella's expressions were the ones that were too exaggerated. I saw a clip how she puckered her lips in a seemingly shocked expression. In my opinion, Maki's interpretation was better. Shun's not too bad of an actor; he actually practiced hard to do the high jump. I'm not a fan of his, but you can tell he's a dedicated actor.

I don't have a drama that I think is the worst, but I didn't like Cheap Love much. The ending stinked big time.

kawaiimomo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mar 24th, '07, 19:13

Post by kawaiimomo » Sep 27th, '07, 00:59

^ totally agree with you artemis!! if anyone exaggerated it was definitely ella and her face expressions!! no offense to ella fans! and maki isn't a horrible actress!!!!! just watch her in nobuta wo produce and you'll see and if that dosen't convince you then watch Tokyo Shounen when it comes out. :-)

pedang_patah
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 10th, '04, 13:08
Location: Kabuki cho
Contact:

Post by pedang_patah » Sep 27th, '07, 04:55

^Me third. Ella was more unrealistically animated than Maki and Woo Chun was as stiff as tree trunk IMHO. His acting is rigid. The rest of the castings and actings are horrible as well. I tried watching the 1st episode and couldn't even finish it. I thought Ella was trying too hard to make it funny...
kawaiimomo wrote:btw for the person who dosen't like Kimura Takuya, do you also hate A Million Stars Falling from The Sky? btw i'm not trying to bash you or anything just curious since i think that show is like a cult classis Roll Eyes
Nope. I don't like Beautiful Life, Hero, Pride, Good Luck, Engine, so i thought i might not like A Million Stars either. I wasted my precious time watching Beautiful Life, downloaded all Pride's episode (because my friend couldn't stop raving about it) but couldn't even finish the 1st episode, tried watching Good Luck and Hero but it was so boring i couldn't even stand the 1st half D:

User avatar
vina.loves.sushi
Posts: 211
Joined: Oct 11th, '06, 06:20
Location: Philippines

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Sep 27th, '07, 05:50

Archaenon wrote:And Maki is a horrible actress , she's way too animated , as in I can't beilieve her and her facial expressions are kinda awful.
can i just say i totally agree with you on this! she has this certain facial expression that's really annoying.

as for hanakimi, in the past i would only say good things about this drama but as i look back i would have to say shun's acting was wasted on this drama, he's got very few screen time that there is not much chance for development on the relationship between mizuki and sano. i can't believe nakatsu has more screentime than sano (i actually can't help but roll my eyes everytime i see nakatsu on the screen can't help but skip the scenes with him on it), he's only the third party, that sucked for me. plus there are so many scenes which they include the other students, i think they're unnecessary. i still think shun is a GREAT actor...like someone mentioned i also blame the scriptwriters/director for this. if it weren't for the last three episodes i would've been totally be disappointed. so i wouldn't say it's the worst.

but i do think sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu was terrible, i watched the movie but the drama was too much for me, too draggy, i always wondered how i was able to finish it.
Image

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Sep 27th, '07, 09:34

Yeah , I also take it as Hana Kimi already had a manga fanbase , and lets face it TW dramas are not all that popular , so people are biased and don't know it. I just can't get into her acting , it's really awful ( Maki ).

I just thought the JP take on Hana Kimi was really bland , The only good character was Nakatsu.

zenkzenk
Posts: 41
Joined: Apr 22nd, '07, 18:11

Post by zenkzenk » Sep 27th, '07, 10:43

I may be overanalyzing, but I think that Hana Kimi was a satire on the improbable plots and characters of the typical shoujo manga. "This drama is fictional. Pardon the foolishness." I'll go hide under a rock now.

User avatar
Hachiko-chan
Posts: 107
Joined: Dec 19th, '06, 10:19
Location: Finland

Post by Hachiko-chan » Sep 27th, '07, 11:15

First kiss, I was so excited when I heard that Mao is doing another drama but after watching one episode :blink
I tried watching two more but then I just quit.
Summer snow, I nearly fell asleep
Gokusen 2, I liked the first season but the second was more lets promote the johnnies boys.

User avatar
kiki
Posts: 181
Joined: May 19th, '04, 15:57

Post by kiki » Sep 28th, '07, 00:51

worst drama for me this season
first kiss i only watch one ep. and the brother and the sister piss me off already. the acting is not great. the main theme is wtf
hana kimi i like crack, but there only enough that i could take, to make me watch for twelve episode, it doesn't become funny anymore. I watch it for Toma but couldn't finish for him.
yamada tarou not a great drama, i don't think it the worst but there really not much of the stories, nino act great but this drama is just to blah for my taste

three of this drama that i looking forward to the most disappointed me. I found this season had a lot of drama that much more interesting that these three.

User avatar
Babyitshind
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 10th, '07, 03:56
Contact:

Post by Babyitshind » Sep 28th, '07, 01:01

In Hana kimi, Ella just killed me. She kiilled the show...

Omg, Stand uP!!! was totally boring, I stoped watching after the 2nd episode.

When I was watching Love contract I just wanted to committ suicide. I stoped at episode 17.. Im so stupid I wasted time watching 17 episodes. I only wanted to watch it because Mike He is yummy..

User avatar
Valentine_rose
Posts: 157
Joined: Jul 9th, '07, 17:24
Location: France

Post by Valentine_rose » Sep 28th, '07, 02:26

WORST J-DRAMA EVER: Nobuta wo Produce

Even if the casting is popular, it's really a shame to have a stupid story like this.

And I'm too kind to tell that "story"... :roll

User avatar
jyori
Posts: 95
Joined: Jun 13th, '07, 12:48
Location: VIRGINIA, USA
Contact:

Post by jyori » Sep 28th, '07, 02:43

i actually enjoyed stand up
and nobuta wo produce.


i wouldnt judge before watching the whole series.
and HANAKIMI with ella is Tawainese. its not a jdrama.

i think the worst one would have to be ...
well i dont think its the worst but i didnt
enjoy it as much as the others.
but its Kimi Wa Petto, and i know alot
of people would disagree.. but its just
my opinion :D

User avatar
krim
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 25th, '06, 03:48
Location: jdorama.com lounge

Post by krim » Sep 28th, '07, 02:49

I couldn't finish Summer Snow either.

Teppan Shoujo Akane was awful, terrible acting, terrible "plots", the ever unpopular SOS, any of the "uncurable disease" dramas, i could keep going...

Dacktadon
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 18th, '07, 18:14

Post by Dacktadon » Sep 28th, '07, 03:34

Personally I don't like GTO because I watched Dragon Zakura first. Not only that but I think that GTO is a bit overrated. And plus Dragon Zakura actually teaches you how to learn lol!

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Sep 28th, '07, 04:40

Dacktadon wrote:Personally I don't like GTO because I watched Dragon Zakura first. Not only that but I think that GTO is a bit overrated. And plus Dragon Zakura actually teaches you how to learn lol!
I loved Dragon Zakura and GTO.

I do admit , Gachibaka was really bad , but I kept on watching it.

strawberrynkiwi
Posts: 106
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 14:35

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Sep 28th, '07, 05:30

wow this thread is so interesting. i wish i could have discover this earlier. (i only read till pg6 and a little bit on the current pages)

I have to admit Hana Kimi was pretty bad. One thing I really don't like bout Japanese drama, they just have to keep it so friendship and family base and lack of romance. I can look past the annoying bad acting either from Shun or Maki, but it is the fact that the whole drama didn't even retain the "essence" of the manga. I didn't feel that Shun and Maki was in love at all. And as much as I love Nakatsu, he got too much air time. That is why I prefer the Taiwanese version (despite Ella's acting), as least I felt the connection/awkwardness between Ella and WuChun.

and here is my ramble about Maki's acting, I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her. NwoP was pretty good, but her character was very extreme and she just kinda had to be a freak. lol Tt isn't that hard. On the other hand, her other dramas where she is a outspoken girl that wants her way, like in Teppan Shoujo Akane, Kurosagi and Hana Kimi, I did found her a bit annoying. Maki just has that one look. That same expression when she got pissed off at Kurosaki, and when she got pissed at her dad in TSA, and when thee trouble look when Sano tells her off.

Teppan Shoujo Akane was horrible. I don't care how good her acting was in NwoP, if you saw TSA you will know what I mean, and I have extreme high torrence for bad things. AND till today I can't believe I finished that piece of crap.

In conclusion, I watch wayyy too much drama.

All the drama that I rated 7 and below on Jdroama
Bambino
Teppan Shoujo Akane
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Antique

For me as long as it can keep me watching, and even if in the end I don't like it too much, but I can see why people like it, I will rate it good. Those 4 was just bad.

User avatar
namelessmon
Posts: 72
Joined: Sep 27th, '06, 10:35
Location: singapore

Post by namelessmon » Sep 28th, '07, 06:17

actually jdramas are quite good compare to kdrama....most of the k drama is suuper duuper draggy and the storyline always repeat... :|

jdrama on the other hand can be complete in less den 1 week..and the storyline are focuse mostly on dreamz..haha ver touchin and inspiring....some jdrama even got deeep meaing somemore hahazz...

i think if i really have to choose den i think is miman city...e storyline not bad but e front part quite boring....^^ akihabara too

lunas
Posts: 324
Joined: Jun 2nd, '04, 15:31

Post by lunas » Sep 28th, '07, 22:37

I think when you watch jdramas, you need to have the patience because everything is done very subtlety, not over dramatize. You have to pay attention to the scenes and see how everything unfold rather they tell or act it out for you. To me Hana Kimi is not as bad as how everyone painted it, if they cut out Nakatsu’s screen times and replace it with Sano, it would be better. I cannot help but to feel like JE’s has something to do with Toma’s roles in the drama. I like the interaction between the whole casts and I think Oguri Shun did a very good job with the limit of screen times that was given. You can see the subtle changes in his expressions and actions from the beginning to the end. I for one, enjoy his acting in Hanakimi, never watched any of his other series prior to hanakimi, other than Densha Otaku. That's just my 2 cents.

User avatar
vina.loves.sushi
Posts: 211
Joined: Oct 11th, '06, 06:20
Location: Philippines

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Sep 29th, '07, 00:19

strawberrynkiwi wrote: and here is my ramble about Maki's acting, I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her. NwoP was pretty good, but her character was very extreme and she just kinda had to be a freak. lol Tt isn't that hard. On the other hand, her other dramas where she is a outspoken girl that wants her way, like in Teppan Shoujo Akane, Kurosagi and Hana Kimi, I did found her a bit annoying. Maki just has that one look. That same expression when she got pissed off at Kurosaki, and when she got pissed at her dad in TSA, and when thee trouble look when Sano tells her off.

Teppan Shoujo Akane was horrible. I don't care how good her acting was in NwoP, if you saw TSA you will know what I mean, and I have extreme high torrence for bad things. AND till today I can't believe I finished that piece of crap.
i actually liked her in NWP, she was ok in kurosagi although nothing really impressive but when i it came to Teppan Shoujo Akane, it was so painful to watch...i hated it, i can only finish the 1st episode...bad acting...i thought she would redeem herself in hanakimi but i was wrong...yes, she had pretty much, one look in every scene whether she's happy, sad or cryingi i actually prefer her acting seito shokun, the quiet and withdrawn student type..
lunas wrote:I think when you watch jdramas, you need to have the patience because everything is done very subtlety, not over dramatize. You have to pay attention to the scenes and see how everything unfold rather they tell or act it out for you. To me Hana Kimi is not as bad as how everyone painted it, if they cut out Nakatsu’s screen times and replace it with Sano, it would be better. I cannot help but to feel like JE’s has something to do with Toma’s roles in the drama. I like the interaction between the whole casts and I think Oguri Shun did a very good job with the limit of screen times that was given. You can see the subtle changes in his expressions and actions from the beginning to the end. I for one, enjoy his acting in Hanakimi, never watched any of his other series prior to hanakimi, other than Densha Otaku. That's just my 2 cents.
yup, shun is such a wonderful actor and he did a great job in this drama that's why i hated the fact that he had so little screen time.. :P
Image

User avatar
KAAdonkaDUNK
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 14th, '06, 03:03

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Sep 29th, '07, 00:39

Hanakimi, Actually i thought it was really good. But that's maybe because i've watched my share of good dramas, so all the rest i watched recently have been really dry so i decided to take a break from dramas and now that i'm back, hana kimi was the first one i watched so it felt pretty refreshing, because it was so light but i do wish there was more romance.

But when it comes to boring...I think me and love generation didn't click very well and i was hoping summer snow would be good that's why i ended up watching the whole series waiting for something good. but it was pretty boring too. Plus i kind of predicted the ending. And then there was bambino, probably what pushed me over the edge to take a break. I didnt like it very much. I also dont know how GTO has the top spot on jdorama, I mean i liked it but i've seen much better. Plus his character seemed kinda creepy man teacher, But i did like the way he handled things. and hmmm one more Itazura na kiss, I got through 1 and a half episodes. For some weird reason the main actress just annoyed me. But i probably just dont like it because i loved "it started with a kiss", of course because it was my FIRST drama i ever watched. And who doesnt LOVE their first drama. It's like a first love.
Image

strawberrynkiwi
Posts: 106
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 14:35

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Sep 29th, '07, 05:10

i say its all bout taste. its all about how much the drama touched you.

we will use jdorama top drama list as a standard (i secretly hope that one day their database will fail and lose all their votes, so we can all revote haha)
almost everybody had listed the top 10 dramas as the 'worst'
i think the only drama on the list that wasn't mention negatively in this thread was (from memory) : My Boss My Hero, H2(?), Lunch Queen, Taiyou no uta, My Little Chef, Hotman.
Every other drama has been bashed... haha it is so weird. how one person can love a drama so much and someone can hate it so much.

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Sep 29th, '07, 05:32

sorry, but I think all of them have been listed in this thread :lol:
I think the only ones spared are some oldies that the new fans have not seen
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Sep 29th, '07, 10:58

strawberrynkiwi wrote:and here is my ramble about Maki's acting, I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her.
blah.. just becuz u can't act like her :P , haha
show me wat u can do then , blahhh

and about "I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her. " blahhh, it is true to EVERY actress out there, blahhh :roll

User avatar
gelli93
Posts: 16
Joined: May 24th, '07, 03:00

Post by gelli93 » Sep 29th, '07, 11:11

Most boring drama? Well, I'll have to summer snow&Hitonatsu no Papa e...
Just a waste of time :p

User avatar
Kuso_Baba
Posts: 81
Joined: Jul 11th, '07, 06:52
Location: U.A.E

Post by Kuso_Baba » Sep 30th, '07, 05:28

I already mentioned my worst dramas before but reading your replies kinda reminds me of the one I forgot:
Yes, Kimi wa Petto was not one of MatsuJun's dramas best dramas... pity :-( ( Note: Did anyone know that the woman in actress in Kimi wa Petto is the one in The Last Samurai??) :blink
Gokusen II wasn't that great also. :scratch: . They didnt have to have a second part to it.. its exactly the same events!! I mean they could have put Akame in an other drama with a better story.
Tata Hitotsu no Koi was okay, I mean the story is way too simple. And Koki's role was really stupid!! But Kame really looked good :wub:

User avatar
vina.loves.sushi
Posts: 211
Joined: Oct 11th, '06, 06:20
Location: Philippines

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Sep 30th, '07, 08:24

Nomanymore wrote:
strawberrynkiwi wrote:and here is my ramble about Maki's acting, I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her.
blah.. just becuz u can't act like her :P , haha
show me wat u can do then , blahhh

and about "I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her. " blahhh, it is true to EVERY actress out there, blahhh :roll
the thing is...she doesn't like like the way maki acts so why would she want to act like her :D

you don't have to be an actor/actress (or have any acting experience at that) to judge (or give opinion) how a person acts, right? :D
Image

namedx
Posts: 63
Joined: Jul 19th, '06, 17:16

Post by namedx » Sep 30th, '07, 15:32

Lets see my first ever Japanese drama was Slow Dance (compliments to Ran aka nomanymore) certainly wasn't love at first sight, but a decent drama which definitely made me want to venture out further!! After HYD, it was pretty much any other Jdorama that I can get my hands on, lol but it took me moments to realise that though Jdramas lived up to my expectations of having short paced storylines, good quality acting (not always) and multiple talents of (male) eye candy lol, not all of them got my vote! There were a few by which I was utterly put off by, some I lasted it out but the endings just kill it, and some I stopped watching after an ep or 2-complete waste of time <very>!!

hmm lets see, dramas I didn't finish watching (based on personal opinion, and individual taste, as I know they may be rated highly by others, lol so don't bash me!)

incomplete dramas-
Long vacation: As one person said, maybe coz it's such an old drama, that I couldn't grow to like it. It wasn't bad, I just couldn't get into it for some reason! Though i'm sure it would have been a great drama back in the day.

Sapuri: lol enough said, if the characters don't flow, the story won't either! Kame should stick to what he's good at-ahem. Don't get me wrong, I do like Kame, but this role just wasn't for him!

Kimi wa Petto: I know many people who rate this drama very highly, and to be honest, I havn't even seen the first ep. There's some dramas that you know just wouldn't be your cup of tea, and this is one of them. Having watched and loved HYD, only to go onto a story which revolves around Jun acting as a pet dog, wouldn't have done my vision of his superb acting as Domyouji any justice!

Itzura na Kiss: Yep you've guessed it, I'm too much of an ISWAK fan to even give this drama a go. Actually that's not true, I manged the get past ep 4 (which for me was an achievemnt) and that was it! The lead actress was far too whiny, with an irritating voice, for me to be able to rate it as the original classic to ISWAK! It just didn't live up to my expectations, as well as the lead actors inability to show more than two facial expression-that really did kill it!! Maybe like Long vacation, the drama was probably really good for its time, but now that we're nearing 2008, and waiting for the airing of ISWAK2-this drama has no chance!

Summer Snow: I'm sure it's great, but just can't get myself to watch it, someday maybe

Hero: Just didn't like it, got bored really quickly, and just couldn't follow it like most Jdoramas

Boku dake no Madonna: again, enough said, lol


Other dramas that I managed to complete, though it would have been better had I not bothered-

Gokusen 2 (making a second season to Gokusen 1 which for me is an ultimate classic was a big mistake!! No originality, and no match for the first season-they should have left it at that!)

SOS: Whhhyyyy????? lol

Pride: it wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that either, I know many don't like KimuTakus Good Luck, but I preferred that to this!

Waterboys: Just wasn't my thing

beautiful life: Again wasn't bad, but not great! Probably because I had just finished watching 1 Litre of tears before starting this, I couldn't handle another emotional rollercoaster-plus 1lit of Tears was just great!!

PeAce out :mrgreen:

Romance
Posts: 687
Joined: Jun 19th, '05, 00:14

Post by Romance » Oct 1st, '07, 18:59

strawberrynkiwi wrote:wow this thread is so interesting. i wish i could have discover this earlier. (i only read till pg6 and a little bit on the current pages)

I have to admit Hana Kimi was pretty bad. One thing I really don't like bout Japanese drama, they just have to keep it so friendship and family base and lack of romance. I can look past the annoying bad acting either from Shun or Maki, but it is the fact that the whole drama didn't even retain the "essence" of the manga. I didn't feel that Shun and Maki was in love at all. And as much as I love Nakatsu, he got too much air time. That is why I prefer the Taiwanese version (despite Ella's acting), as least I felt the connection/awkwardness between Ella and WuChun.

and here is my ramble about Maki's acting, I think it is either you love her or you don't really like her. NwoP was pretty good, but her character was very extreme and she just kinda had to be a freak. lol Tt isn't that hard. On the other hand, her other dramas where she is a outspoken girl that wants her way, like in Teppan Shoujo Akane, Kurosagi and Hana Kimi, I did found her a bit annoying. Maki just has that one look. That same expression when she got pissed off at Kurosaki, and when she got pissed at her dad in TSA, and when thee trouble look when Sano tells her off.

Teppan Shoujo Akane was horrible. I don't care how good her acting was in NwoP, if you saw TSA you will know what I mean, and I have extreme high torrence for bad things. AND till today I can't believe I finished that piece of crap.

In conclusion, I watch wayyy too much drama.

All the drama that I rated 7 and below on Jdroama
Bambino
Teppan Shoujo Akane
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Antique

For me as long as it can keep me watching, and even if in the end I don't like it too much, but I can see why people like it, I will rate it good. Those 4 was just bad.
Hana kimi is the funniest drama in years.

kawaiimomo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mar 24th, '07, 19:13

Post by kawaiimomo » Oct 1st, '07, 20:32

quote]Hana kimi is the funniest drama in years.[/quote]


couldn't have said it better myself!! :-) :cheers:

littleolive
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 21st, '06, 17:57

Post by littleolive » Oct 1st, '07, 20:54

I have to agree with strawberrynkiwi that there was a HUGE lack of chemistry between the two characters, and the fact that Maki does have one look. It is exactly how I feel.
However, I wouldn't say that it is the "worst" japanese drama ever, because there were some really cute and funny parts (and a couple of boring episodes which almost made me want to stop, but then a good episode would pop out so I continued).

If I had to name a drama I disliked........ kurosagi was kind of boring.
I didn't finish episode one of A million stars falling from the sky (it looked creepy).
sapuri looked so bad I didn't go past episode one (i suggest anego, seriously).

there are many dramas that I've seen, that were O-kay, that aren't as "good" as people say but there is no drama that I've truly hated..so far.

xtehdeb
Posts: 69
Joined: Jan 5th, '06, 03:04

Post by xtehdeb » Oct 2nd, '07, 02:43

oh yeah i thought hana kimi was boring too x__x
it was way to overrated too .____.

namedx
Posts: 63
Joined: Jul 19th, '06, 17:16

Post by namedx » Oct 4th, '07, 13:38

awwww I LOVED Nakatsu screen time!! The J version of Hana Kimi isn't as bad as people make it out to be!! In fact it deserves better ratings, if only for its originality in the way that it handled the script and the wacky humour-It's not better than the Taiwanese version, just different!! It has class and style of its own, particularly the main characters!

Peace out

User avatar
Shunbaby
Posts: 193
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 22:30

Post by Shunbaby » Oct 4th, '07, 14:04

vina.loves.sushi wrote:i can't believe nakatsu has more screentime than sano (i actually can't help but roll my eyes everytime i see nakatsu on the screen can't help but skip the scenes with him on it), he's only the third party, that sucked for me. plus there are so many scenes which they include the other students, i think they're unnecessary. i still think shun is a GREAT actor...like someone mentioned i also blame the scriptwriters/director for this. if it weren't for the last three episodes i would've been totally be disappointed. so i wouldn't say it's the worst.
I totally agree with Vina. Shun is a very talented actor and is being unfairly judged because of this role. :-( I haven't watched too many Jdramas but I couldn't finish First Kiss and Kurosagi.
__________________________

itachi666
Posts: 185
Joined: Dec 11th, '04, 06:20
Location: NY, USA, America, Earth

Post by itachi666 » Oct 9th, '07, 02:42

littleolive wrote:I have to agree with strawberrynkiwi that there was a HUGE lack of chemistry between the two characters, and the fact that Maki does have one look. It is exactly how I feel.
However, I wouldn't say that it is the "worst" japanese drama ever, because there were some really cute and funny parts (and a couple of boring episodes which almost made me want to stop, but then a good episode would pop out so I continued).

If I had to name a drama I disliked........ kurosagi was kind of boring.
I didn't finish episode one of A million stars falling from the sky (it looked creepy).
sapuri looked so bad I didn't go past episode one (i suggest anego, seriously).

there are many dramas that I've seen, that were O-kay, that aren't as "good" as people say but there is no drama that I've truly hated..so far.
a million stars falling from the sky is creepy. When i watched it i felt somehow gloomy for 2 weeks.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 9th, '07, 20:43

I thnk peeps need to ramp this up. Worst is turning into "it wasn't my type". No no. Worst means BAD. Bring you to tears bad. Poke your eyes with forks bad. Like the bad acting competition in Sapuri, Aya Ueto as the least likable of a completely ulikable cast in Shimokita Sundays (and i really like her) a show so bad they cut not one but TWO episodes at the end.

And seriously, watch the first episode of Negima. OH MY LORD. Creepy, poorly acted, boring, its awful to a degree that is only matched by that new geico caveman drama in the US. its THAT bad.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
doink-chan
Posts: 249
Joined: May 17th, '05, 22:21
Location: The happy land of doinks
Contact:
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 9th, '07, 20:46

nikochanr3 wrote:I thnk peeps need to ramp this up. Worst is turning into "it wasn't my type". No no. Worst means BAD. Bring you to tears bad. Poke your eyes with forks bad. Like the bad acting competition in Sapuri, Aya Ueto as the least likable of a completely ulikable cast in Shimokita Sundays (and i really like her) a show so bad they cut not one but TWO episodes at the end.

And seriously, watch the first episode of Negima. OH MY LORD. Creepy, poorly acted, boring, its awful to a degree that is only matched by that new geico caveman drama in the US. its THAT bad.
Yeah. Negima seems to be one of those midnight otaku dramas...I still think it sounds doinky, though! It seems all the filmed adaptations of Negima (both anime series and this drama) have been doinky.
Image

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 10th, '07, 14:19

doink-chan wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:I thnk peeps need to ramp this up. Worst is turning into "it wasn't my type". No no. Worst means BAD. Bring you to tears bad. Poke your eyes with forks bad. Like the bad acting competition in Sapuri, Aya Ueto as the least likable of a completely ulikable cast in Shimokita Sundays (and i really like her) a show so bad they cut not one but TWO episodes at the end.

And seriously, watch the first episode of Negima. OH MY LORD. Creepy, poorly acted, boring, its awful to a degree that is only matched by that new geico caveman drama in the US. its THAT bad.
Yeah. Negima seems to be one of those midnight otaku dramas...I still think it sounds doinky, though! It seems all the filmed adaptations of Negima (both anime series and this drama) have been doinky.
negima is creepy anyway (why the main character needed to be so young is beyond me, it turns the harem drama into almost a child abusive vibe) but it had VERY few moments in the manga where this creepy feeling occured, the drama is creepy basically every second its on the screen. its so bad. its like the between sex scenes of a bad low budget semi porn movie.

its just SO bad.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

TomaT
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 18th, '07, 12:10

Post by TomaT » Oct 10th, '07, 20:40

lunas wrote:I think when you watch jdramas, you need to have the patience because everything is done very subtlety, not over dramatize. You have to pay attention to the scenes and see how everything unfold rather they tell or act it out for you. To me Hana Kimi is not as bad as how everyone painted it, if they cut out Nakatsu’s screen times and replace it with Sano, it would be better. I cannot help but to feel like JE’s has something to do with Toma’s roles in the drama. I like the interaction between the whole casts and I think Oguri Shun did a very good job with the limit of screen times that was given. You can see the subtle changes in his expressions and actions from the beginning to the end. I for one, enjoy his acting in Hanakimi, never watched any of his other series prior to hanakimi, other than Densha Otaku. That's just my 2 cents.
I think some people just need to know that :
1. Shun get little screen time because he did his butai at the same time, he didn't even appeared at Hanakimi SP when Toma dedicated his full time on this drama.
2. Toma recomended by the Fuji TV director, the company didn't even care about him before Hanakimi you know.

User avatar
vina.loves.sushi
Posts: 211
Joined: Oct 11th, '06, 06:20
Location: Philippines

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Oct 10th, '07, 23:46

TomaT wrote:
lunas wrote:I think when you watch jdramas, you need to have the patience because everything is done very subtlety, not over dramatize. You have to pay attention to the scenes and see how everything unfold rather they tell or act it out for you. To me Hana Kimi is not as bad as how everyone painted it, if they cut out Nakatsu’s screen times and replace it with Sano, it would be better. I cannot help but to feel like JE’s has something to do with Toma’s roles in the drama. I like the interaction between the whole casts and I think Oguri Shun did a very good job with the limit of screen times that was given. You can see the subtle changes in his expressions and actions from the beginning to the end. I for one, enjoy his acting in Hanakimi, never watched any of his other series prior to hanakimi, other than Densha Otaku. That's just my 2 cents.
I think some people just need to know that :
1. Shun get little screen time because he did his butai at the same time, he didn't even appeared at Hanakimi SP when Toma dedicated his full time on this drama.
2. Toma recomended by the Fuji TV director, the company didn't even care about him before Hanakimi you know.
we know shun had a butai, but only for the whole july...so what about the next 2 months? the scripwriters could have done something about that.
Image

TomaT
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 18th, '07, 12:10

Post by TomaT » Oct 11th, '07, 09:42

vina.loves.sushi wrote:
TomaT wrote:
lunas wrote:I think when you watch jdramas, you need to have the patience because everything is done very subtlety, not over dramatize. You have to pay attention to the scenes and see how everything unfold rather they tell or act it out for you. To me Hana Kimi is not as bad as how everyone painted it, if they cut out Nakatsu’s screen times and replace it with Sano, it would be better. I cannot help but to feel like JE’s has something to do with Toma’s roles in the drama. I like the interaction between the whole casts and I think Oguri Shun did a very good job with the limit of screen times that was given. You can see the subtle changes in his expressions and actions from the beginning to the end. I for one, enjoy his acting in Hanakimi, never watched any of his other series prior to hanakimi, other than Densha Otaku. That's just my 2 cents.
I think some people just need to know that :
1. Shun get little screen time because he did his butai at the same time, he didn't even appeared at Hanakimi SP when Toma dedicated his full time on this drama.
2. Toma recomended by the Fuji TV director, the company didn't even care about him before Hanakimi you know.
we know shun had a butai, but only for the whole july...so what about the next 2 months? the scripwriters could have done something about that.
whatever the reason is, must be the same reason why he didn't attend the Hanakimi SP.
I'd like to know too.
and, I thought it's not Toma that get more screen time, but the dorms?
Because I skip Toma/Shun/Maki only parts since they are so boring.

User avatar
shannobi
Posts: 124
Joined: Aug 30th, '07, 10:50
Location: MIA

Post by shannobi » Oct 11th, '07, 12:16

littleolive wrote:I have to agree with strawberrynkiwi that there was a HUGE lack of chemistry between the two characters, and the fact that Maki does have one look. It is exactly how I feel.
However, I wouldn't say that it is the "worst" japanese drama ever, because there were some really cute and funny parts (and a couple of boring episodes which almost made me want to stop, but then a good episode would pop out so I continued).

If I had to name a drama I disliked........ kurosagi was kind of boring.
I didn't finish episode one of A million stars falling from the sky (it looked creepy).
sapuri looked so bad I didn't go past episode one (i suggest anego, seriously).

there are many dramas that I've seen, that were O-kay, that aren't as "good" as people say but there is no drama that I've truly hated..so far.
Ah, I agree with you there. I've never finished Kurosagi, Sapuri, First Kiss, and also Gokusen 2. I think those are the ones I've never finished, and so yeah.

And Long Vacation! It was like... a long, long, long vacation to me. :blink

battlegirlai
Posts: 360
Joined: Jun 10th, '05, 21:00
Location: Las Vegas

Post by battlegirlai » Oct 11th, '07, 23:30

i'm adding Cutey Honey The Live to the worst Jdramas list...only two episodes of it are out, but they are so awful that even 100% improvement wouldn't be enough to drag it up from the depths...and i say this having absolutely loved every cutey honey anime/manga/movie there has been...i never thought bad acting and bad fighting could ruin cutey honey but i was very very wrong. im still shocked by this

wubles
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 05:39

Post by wubles » Nov 18th, '07, 00:09

Hatachi no Koibito :P

I've been trying to watch the first episode of this all day but I'm finding it impossible.

User avatar
vina.loves.sushi
Posts: 211
Joined: Oct 11th, '06, 06:20
Location: Philippines

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Nov 18th, '07, 08:37

wubles wrote:Hatachi no Koibito :P

I've been trying to watch the first episode of this all day but I'm finding it impossible.
yes! i know what you mean!!! i was able to finish the first episode (although i skipped many parts as it was ending cause i couldn't take it anymore).

my reaction after watching the first episode was 'wow! that sucked really bad'
Image

TomaT
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 18th, '07, 12:10

Post by TomaT » Nov 18th, '07, 16:06

Yukan Club for the actors acting skills.

dokodemodoa
Posts: 34
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 07:45

Post by dokodemodoa » Nov 18th, '07, 16:59

Ace wo nerae *blah!*
Hitonatsu no Papa e *blah! too*
Hotelier *irrational, overly melodramatic, they don't act, they just say what the script says*

Hanakimi *yes, I giggle and all jumpy the first time i watch it, but consciousness finally got into me*
Bambino *what kind of atmosphere do they intend to built? depressing and irritating*

Yoshitsune *why oh why this terrible taiga should be made? I can't keep feeling sorry for the real Yoshitsune who is embarrassed in his grave*
My Madonna *empty*

Teppan Shoujo Akane *just can't seem to find any good part of it*


Just an opinion though :mrgreen:

User avatar
shannobi
Posts: 124
Joined: Aug 30th, '07, 10:50
Location: MIA

Post by shannobi » Nov 19th, '07, 11:17

Teppan Shoujo Akane tops my list. 0______o
Even the people who directed/made it shortened it.

User avatar
trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 233
Joined: Nov 27th, '05, 05:51

Post by trunkims » Nov 21st, '07, 22:38

i forgot to add some on my list a few pages back.....
Summer Snow- Love Shun, but sorry I fell asleep so many times watching it. I finished it, but still, boring!

Sapuri (I think that's what it's called, on the DVD cover it says Love Suppliment)- boring too!

Currently watching Boku Dake no Madonna- makes me sleepy! I'm almost finished, but I'd only go back to watch it when I remembered. I'm watching ep 10 right now, still boring.

Ai no Uta- this was so boring, I don't even remember what it was about lol

Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go- Yeah, watched it for Koki, but GEEEZ it's SOOOO boring! :pale:

Hotaru no Hikari- eh, still watching it on a once in a while basis, when I remember. Nothing compared to Sekachu or Byakuyaku

Beautiful Life- Sorry, as much as this was recommended to watch, I did and...i was falling asleep on this too.

Shiawase ni Naritai- HUH? boring!! boring boring...more yawing here

Slow Dance- What was that about again?? YAWN!

User avatar
nanorie
Posts: 50
Joined: Jul 30th, '04, 17:20
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Post by nanorie » Nov 21st, '07, 23:14

Hmm.. it's easier to think of TW-dramas.
But I guess,
Ace wo Nerae
Yukan Club

Kurosagi (Sorry, but I thought the whole thing was just too much. Pi has done better and so has Maki)

I actually like Pretty Girls a bit, thought it was cute. Not oscar material exactly, but nevertheless ok to watch. There are worse.
Sailor Moon would have been added to the list as well if I didn't find that they went over the top with the outfits and SX funny.

wubles
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 05:39

Post by wubles » Nov 23rd, '07, 01:31

Of the jdramas that I've actually tried to watch past the first episode, Long Vacation was the most difficult to watch. I've actually rewatched part of it twice but have never managed to finish it. It just failed to keep my interest long enough.

Jotei is probably one of the worst jdramas ever made, in terms of plot, acting, writing, believeabilty, etc. But it actually succeeded very well as a comedy. :)

ParaParaJMo
Posts: 4
Joined: May 3rd, '04, 13:52
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Contact:

Post by ParaParaJMo » Dec 1st, '07, 01:42

Well, I don't like Fighting Girl for all the reasons listed either.

I couldn't get into Virgin Road. Really boring to me, and same with News no Onna.

User avatar
mikoto
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 11th, '05, 18:10
Location: Tokyo

Post by mikoto » Dec 13th, '07, 15:38

definitely Yukan Club, worst acting ever :lol

User avatar
JlovesVan
Posts: 107
Joined: May 23rd, '07, 20:24
Location: Washington

Post by JlovesVan » Jan 26th, '08, 00:12

Boku Dake no Madonna
Nodame Cantabile
S.O.S
--these are my top 3 J-dramas that I disliked for various reasons. If you are reading this thread trying to decide not to watch don't pay attention to my dislike of Nodame Cantabile because I think I am the only one to say they don't like it LOL. There aren't too many I don't like though so I guess I have a short list!

User avatar
Elien
Posts: 171
Joined: Jul 3rd, '07, 20:48
Location: Mordor

Post by Elien » Jan 26th, '08, 00:24

Princess Princess D for me. I gave it up after 10 minutes :crazy:

If the guys are handsome, I can survive almost everything :mrgreen:
Image
Of course I´m sane, when trees start talking to me, I don´t talk back.

ztory666
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 8th, '05, 05:40

Post by ztory666 » Apr 17th, '08, 12:00

Drama is like food. You cannot enjoy it if..

- Dislike Ingredience
- Dislike particular taste like: too sweet, too bitter
- Dislike the look
- Dislike the chef
- Social issue - Not clean
- Self perception - Plain(boring), Outrage
is personal bias

- Age - too nonsense, too serious, too old, too fast, too slow
- Gender - for male, for female, for all
- Culture - too creepy, too anime
- Unhealthy - stomach full(it's too much)
- Not my type
you pick the wrong food. It's your fault not the food.

I agree that among best drama win all bias and personal factors.

but for me - the most drama that should be right for me and fail me is made from from book or comic. But worst of the worst is "Teppan Shoujo Akane"

Even I know comic is't great. Prepare for comical humor. I like Maki. I Like food.
It still worst.

The End

P.S. I like "Million Star falling from the Sky"

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 17th, '08, 12:53

The only drama I've watched that got me cringing my teeth was Himitsu no Hanazono. It wasn't so bad when they didn't show the main male character (the oldest brother, Wataru), but while he was on screen I felt like slitting my wrists. :cussing: :alcoholic:
He looked sooooo sour all the time. I had to force myself to watch the last 3 episodes, as I knew what was about to happen and I didn't like it. :glare:

Anyway, what has been said about Hana Kimi. I really like the manga (I like all mangas that have girls in boy schools), but I love the drama too, even though it was completely different and totally lacked the same romantic vibe that Sano and Mizuki have originally. I find the portrayal of Asian romance in dramas very boring, so I like it that the romance doesn't have a really big part in dramas, even if they're supposed to have. Nakatsu was the best thing about it, the next being the fun atmosphere of 20 something guys living together in a dorm.

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Apr 17th, '08, 14:19

Elien wrote:Princess Princess D for me. I gave it up after 10 minutes :crazy:

If the guys are handsome, I can survive almost everything :mrgreen:
:lol I could barely last 5 minutes.
ava: juneylovely/genieforyou-lj

User avatar
marspeach
Posts: 149
Joined: Nov 18th, '07, 03:26

Post by marspeach » Apr 17th, '08, 15:47

I usually don't watch dramas that I don't like but the worst:

Yukan Club- Only redeeming factor was the nice-looking actors.
4 Shimai Tantei Dan- Horrible, horrible crap.

Both of those seemed like they would be interesting from the summaries but unfortunately not.

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » Apr 17th, '08, 16:24

Interesting choices some of you have made. For me, I think the drama I didn't like was Tayou no Uta. Wasn't very interesting to me. Just seemed it was more of a teen drama. Surpised me a little bit too since they had pretty good actors/actresses in it.

oh well... :P
Image

AshanishiLynn
Posts: 206
Joined: May 15th, '07, 08:15

Post by AshanishiLynn » Apr 17th, '08, 16:30

I havent watch to many jdramas cuz I'm really picky about what I like,
I'm one of the few who...liked PPD

I wouldnt say Brother Beat was bad...I just didnt enjoy it
I stop watching after the first disk

strawberrynkiwi
Posts: 106
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 14:35

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Apr 17th, '08, 19:45

i miss this thread.
as least people actually know what they are talking bout and keep difference in opinion in mind, unlikes crunchyroll's worst drama thread, which is all just bashing and little fan girls complaining bout everything.

I have to add Yukan Club into my worst jdrama list. What was the point of the story? Rich kids bored?
The thing is with manga/anime remakes, they as least need to make the story believable and meaningful in real life. No matter how good an actress/actor is, you cannot beat the random and retardedness in anime.
All for the same reason, I am ABSOLUTELY against making Ouran Host Club live action. It's just impossible. (And the thought of Maki As Haruhi, kill me please) Oh I had a discussion with my sister and we concluded Maki is better in scary/creepy roles, like in Last Call because even her pale complexion. She kinda looks sick sometimes. Seriously, as a cheerful girl, Maki just doesn't seem right to me.

User avatar
Suzuko
Posts: 9
Joined: Feb 6th, '08, 14:22

Post by Suzuko » Apr 21st, '08, 20:13

strawberrynkiwi wrote: I have to add Yukan Club into my worst jdrama list. What was the point of the story? Rich kids bored?
Yes, I'm absolutely agree with you

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:28

Suzuko wrote:
strawberrynkiwi wrote: I have to add Yukan Club into my worst jdrama list. What was the point of the story? Rich kids bored?
Yes, I'm absolutely agree with you
I totally agree too. Bored, overprivledged kids solving soft-core mysteries and finding ways to spend money... blech

I wasn't able to finish Hachimitsu to Clover or 4 Shimai Tantei Dan this winter. Yukan Club I could at least keep watching for MST3K value.

I do have to temper my comments on Prodai finally. While I hated how Rei and Kenzo were for the last half of the series and found his wedding speech in really poor taste, etc.... I loved the SP. Finally, they addressed the things I didn't like in the original. Plus, I always liked Eri and Tsuru better than Rei/Kenzo so it was nice to have their relationship getting big play in the SP. :P
Currently Watching: Unubore Deka, Atami no Sousakan, Hotaru no Hikari 2, Sleeping Forest, Orange Days, Yabe Kenzo, Shinzanmono, Tsuki no Koibito, Asami Mitsuhiko.

User avatar
Suzuko
Posts: 9
Joined: Feb 6th, '08, 14:22

Post by Suzuko » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:45

Oh, Hachimitsu no clover! :whistling:

The first chapters were interesting, but then, the chapters were boring. But compared with Yuukan Club, it's super interesting Jdrama.

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:48

Sucks about Yukan Club , because I really liked the art books I had for it back in the day. It' was terribly done , but not the worst.

I think 1 pound gospel , and hana kimi are my tops. There are more bad J-dramas then there are bad K-dramas. Actually , I've only ever disliked 1 K-drama out of all the many j and k dramas I've liked.


I think Gokusen 3 will be up there. I already dont like the class lineup aside from Kuma.

deeplove
Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 24th, '06, 01:01

Post by deeplove » Apr 27th, '08, 03:56

i watched 2 eps of SOS and it was bad..and this is coming from a Tacky fan...so my words actually mean something.

alcozar
Posts: 140
Joined: May 26th, '04, 16:52

Post by alcozar » Apr 27th, '08, 12:22

Ice World was disappointing, was expecting something as good as M no Higeki.

User avatar
lomsie
Posts: 43
Joined: Sep 26th, '07, 18:47
Contact:

Post by lomsie » May 9th, '08, 17:35

I would have to say any drama that was really popular when it came out. of course, this can't apply to everything, because I haven't seen it all, but these are mine:

Hana Kimi: The premise was so ridiculous and the plot so predictable. I think it would have been better if she didn't end up with Shun's character (that guy keeps getting cast in these completely crap roles, just the same guy recycled. Hanazawa Rui, anyone?). The only think I liked about it was Toma, with a little more work, I think he could be come a good actor. And Maki was terrible in this, I think.

HYD, both of em'!: I liked it when I watched it for the first time, then I watched it again and couldn't believe how stupid it was. Mao, or whatever her name is was just the same recycled girl I saw in First Kiss (another terrible one). What kind of school are these idiots going to (same with Hana Kimi)?! And the plotline with Sakurako was ridiculous. She just gives up? I never understood what she wanted either. Bad Bad.

Haikei, Chichiue-sama: This one wasn't terrible, I loved the way it was filmed and the music, but the story went nowhere, I didn't understand where it was trying to go. I was just disappointed.

Sapuri: Another one I was disappointed with. The first and the last two episodes were really good I think, but everything in between was crap. I didn't get why Fuji decided to leave Ogiwara all the sudden, and I thought the one girl who wanted Ishida was a terrible character, just because I didn't believe one bit of it. Only the first and last two episodes were good.

I'm pretty picky about what I watch, and I only have two favorites out of all the dramas I've watched (LIFE and Nobuta). A lot of dramas today are so childish and stupid. It's a set formula of: (cute unpopular boy/girl+hot rich boy/girl+ridiculous roadblocks to their relationship) x (Tokyo+lots of drama)= instant hit. I can see why most of the fans are young girls. But there is another thread for that issue.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » May 9th, '08, 18:23

Terrible dramas? Hmmm, I don't remember stumbling over I drama I wouldn't like because I tend to read the premise to see if I would like it or not....

Gokusen 2 - It really bored me, I just sat through the entire drama just to get whatever glimpses of Hiro and Yuki that I could get but it was real lame in comparison to the first Gokusen which was actually good. To me, Gokusen 2 was a repeat. Like they took the script from the first season, changed one or two things and the character names and pushed out that crap. That's why I refuse to watch Gokusen 3. To me, Gokusen is now just some launching pad for J-Juniors.

Dr. Koto's Clinic was really boring. I don't think its a bad drama but I don't understand why it's so popular when it's just so boring to watch.

As for Yukan Club, it's terrible. God, everyone knows that. I'm surprised it got the ratings it did but -- it was so cheesy that me, despite bashing the hell out of it, warmed up to how ridiculous it was. I decided not to take it seriously, ignore those KAT-TUN people things, and just focus on the fact that Yuu Yokoyama was acting serious and smart and hot in a three piece suit. :D

User avatar
BOGCHI
Posts: 199
Joined: Jul 27th, '06, 20:58
Location: CA
Contact:

Post by BOGCHI » May 12th, '08, 07:11

lomsie wrote:Hana Kimi: The premise was so ridiculous and the plot so predictable. I think it would have been better if she didn't end up with Shun's character (that guy keeps getting cast in these completely crap roles, just the same guy recycled. Hanazawa Rui, anyone?). The only think I liked about it was Toma, with a little more work, I think he could be come a good actor. And Maki was terrible in this, I think.
Hearing mix reviews about this drama. It's either really bad or really good. :scratch:

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » May 12th, '08, 07:38

If you like stupid comedy, endless amounts of fanservice, and a bunch of pretty boys mashed into once scene then yeah, its an enjoyable show.

But if you're looking for actual storyline, don't bother. It's slapped in there between really stupid scenes with the guys.

User avatar
Kenedaa
Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 8th, '07, 13:25
Location: France, Reims

Post by Kenedaa » May 12th, '08, 07:56

I would say Ace no Nerae, Psychometrer Eiji, Himitsu no Hanazono, Jikou Keisatsu, Remote
lomsie wrote:I I liked it when I watched it for the first time, then I watched it again and couldn't believe how stupid it was.
It works for a lot of drama...
Image

User avatar
lomsie
Posts: 43
Joined: Sep 26th, '07, 18:47
Contact:

Post by lomsie » May 12th, '08, 19:29

Ladymercury wrote: But if you're looking for actual storyline, don't bother. It's slapped in there between really stupid scenes with the guys.
Yes...that's what I was trying to get at! Haha. Hana Kimi has no storyline, nor any journeys that the characters go on. And no, Sano's "I can jump again" story does not count. It was handled terribly. It's all "ikemen". If that's what you like, then go for it.

wow, I didn't know I hated it as much as this before I posted on this thread!

User avatar
Keizou
Posts: 73
Joined: Jun 25th, '07, 20:08
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Keizou » May 12th, '08, 19:35

Worst drama...I'd have to say attention please (also starring Aya Ueto) ...it was more of a flight attendant training video than a drama

I recently wrote a review of it on my blog and i gave it a 4/10...if anyone's interested here's a link to my review:
http://keizou.blogspot.com/2008/05/revi ... lease.html

other dramas that I thought were bad are Galcir (only good thing about this one was that erika toda was the lead) and Sapuri (a boring office love-circles drama), i've reviewed both on my blog

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests