Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Aug 4th, '09, 16:13

Hana Kimi... I love the manga and was so happy... But I couldn't get past episode 4. I don't know what people like about it. I just don't.
It's stupid from the beginning right to the end. Just stupid. It wasn't funny or anything. Just a pain to watch and so stupid... And I was really looking forward to it... u_u

Innocent Love... It's just... weird. I mean... huh?
The only interesting character was the main character's brother... And that was all about it. The whole story was so weird and predictable... >_<And>_> Her character was sooo strange. Yeah, sure, I'll go and steal other people's photographs. That's what people usually do, right? :glare:
Maddie87 wrote:Anna-san no Omame, has anyone actually been able to finish this drama, wow eps 1 was too ridiculous. I stopped there!
Finished it and loved it... *lol* But you really HAVE to like this kind of humor and the characters... Otherwise it's really hard to watch... ^^;;;

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Aug 6th, '09, 06:32

For me Mei Chan and Hana Kimi were somewhat enjoyable but there were a LOT of moments where it just unbelievable and ridiculous. Dramas like this are fun but I do expect a bit, even just a BIT of reality please!! Like in Mei Chan when Hiro was struck with that arrow, did no one think to GET A DOCTOR?!? Everyone is just standing around and Nana just holds him in her arms and yells NOOOOOOO.

Another drama that I couldn't sit through was Kisarazu Cats Eye. Similar to IWGP (which was only slightly better imo) but it was just bad. The acting was bad and the storyline became annoying. And how the series spawned two movies is BEYOND me. The fact that Okada's character took so long to kick the bucket irked me and made the drama confusing. The only good thing about this drama imo was the character Ucchi because of his consistent acting and hilarious antics.

And like other posters have mentioned Gokusen. Oh deary me. I watched the first, the second, and did not finish the third. And now there's even a movie?!?! I became so tired watching the same routine Yankumi would perform every time! Plus, if the guys are getting beat up with pipes and baseball bats, wouldn't they have more serious injuries like brain damage or internal bleeding? I don't remember seeing anyone end up in a hospital. They all had a broken arm and few bruises here and there?? It didn't make sense after a while.

Pride. I love Kimura Takuya and Takeuchi Yuko but this drama was seriously lacking and incredibly boring to sit through.

Code Blue wasn't terribly interesting either. New episode, new case, someone rides the helicopter, the others don't, etc... I have to say that watching Yamashita Tomohisa play the cool, smart intern helicopter doctor... really did not help my opinion of his acting. He still has a long way to go.
Last edited by peachydomo on Aug 7th, '09, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.

josethpauline

Post by josethpauline » Aug 6th, '09, 06:55

thanks for this post!

garcon

Post by garcon » Aug 6th, '09, 07:20

jotei

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 6th, '09, 14:47

@ Peachydomo

That's EXACTLY how I was with Gokusen. I watched one and two... and didn't even finish 3. And then there's a movie? It's like... Sailor Moon. A very old series, and they're still sucking money from it.

Innocent Love had potential... but as soon as they both ended up as veggies, and Kiyoka was just obsessed with that guy all of a sudden because of jealousy.... I just shook my head. And even that series...Maki just walking in someone's house (Like some Final Fantasy character) and then he lets her work there too. They're both crazy so.. yeah ^_^

Peophin

Post by Peophin » Aug 6th, '09, 20:55

I've been reading through this thread and figured I'd add in my two cents.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't like Hana-Kimi. It's cute on its own, but when you compare it to the manga it just completely falls short. First off, Horikita Maki cannot pass as a guy. Ever. Sorry. I spent the entire time wondering how anyone even fell for it. The other thing that really bugged me was that, again, although it's cute when it stands on its own, they changed so much from the manga that I found myself unable to enjoy an "adaptation" that was that far off the mark-- honestly, I felt like Nakatsu was the only character they really got right. (Nanba was pretty good as well, and Nakao, though completely different, was well-developed enough that I could forgive him.) Although I've liked Oguri Shun in everything else I've seen him in, as Sano he just kind of came off as grumpy and annoying. That, and the ending was so cheesy that I could only laugh at it when I watched it. They did do a couple of things right, though-- Nakatsu's epicness makes up for a lot of the stuff they did wrong. I think this one is cute if you're not expecting an adaptation of the manga.

I also thought, like a lot of others here, that Kurosagi was flat. I watched it because I liked both Yamapi and Horikita Maki in Nobuta wo Produce... and yet here they have no dynamic at all. I couldn't even get through the whole thing because Maki's character annoyed me so much, and all of the characters just came across as flat. I'd have to attribute this to the directing or writing or something, because I've seen that both of them can act... though perhaps that was just an exception xD

And, once again, Gokusen 3... was just so utterly repetitive. That's all. It was like watching the same episode over and over again. I watched Gokusen 2 first, for Hayami Mokomichi and Koide Keisuke and Koike Teppei, and at least that one had a BIT of variety. The first one was worth watching, but I'm not sure about either of the sequels. (Not to mention the previews for the movie basically show you the whole thing. Seriously. xD)

Also, since I haven't seen it brought up in what I've read of this thread, can anyone tell me if Tantei Gakuen Q is worth a second shot? I got through an episode and a half of it before I had to stop. The acting was bland, I hated some of the main characters, and I didn't care at all about the lame mysteries... but everyone I've talked to seems to like it, so now I'm wondering if it gets better.

Another one I couldn't get through was Princess Princess D... normally I like the actors involved, but I thought the manga was hilarious, and could not get through a single episode of the drama because I spent the entire time going, "No, that's not how that's supposed to go, I liked it better the other way!"

I've noticed a lot of people trashing Yukan Club... personally, I thought it was hilarious, mostly BECAUSE it was so bad and over the top and cracky, and not meant to be taken seriously at all. But maybe that's just me. xD

mikage24

Post by mikage24 » Aug 6th, '09, 21:01

God... I've registered in this forum just to say one thing: I can't believe anyone could ever call 1 Liter of Tears a bad drama, not to mention the worst drama ever]

i mean, seriously? :unsure: Up to this point I've never, ever met a single person that didn't cry watching that series :(

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 6th, '09, 22:35

HOME DRAMA its the worst i think...

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 7th, '09, 02:59

mikage24 wrote:God... I've registered in this forum just to say one thing: I can't believe anyone could ever call 1 Liter of Tears a bad drama, not to mention the worst drama ever]

i mean, seriously? :unsure: Up to this point I've never, ever met a single person that didn't cry watching that series :(
I didn't cry, I thought Byakuyakou was much more sad than 1 Liter of tears, not to mention better overall in everything. Don't get me wrong though, its not bad at all.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 7th, '09, 10:53

mikage24 wrote:God... I've registered in this forum just to say one thing: I can't believe anyone could ever call 1 Liter of Tears a bad drama, not to mention the worst drama ever]

I cried a lot but that doesn’t mean that the drama was good. It wasn’t very well made. The characters were flat and boring. The acting of Sawajiri and Nishikido was mediocre at best. The supporting cast was ok and most of the time did much, much better job than the leads. And the biggest flaw of all was the way the story was told. To me it was too superficial, unrealistic and unconvincing. It relied too much on the sadness that the real story provoked into the viewers and nobody really bothered to pay attention to anything else. It was more like a documentary with a dramatization of real events. While I was watching I had the feeling that a narrator was telling me: “Look, we cast a beautiful starlet who can be pretty while crying and dying from a fatal disease. It’s so sad that a young life will be lost. And to make you feel worse we added a love story with a pretty JE boy. That makes the story even more depressing because they will miss the chance to be together. And just in case you’re not crying yet, we will constantly remind you that this is based on real events and it actually happened to someone. Now if you’re not crying, you are a monster!”
I wouldn’t call it the worst drama ever but I wouldn't call it good drama either. I just wish that this touching story was presented to us a bit better.
Last edited by nell123 on Aug 7th, '09, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

fubukiami

Post by fubukiami » Aug 7th, '09, 12:58

Wow! a lot of people are mentioning dramas that I've watched and loved!! But everyone has their own tastes, so I wont argue about it. I'm sure there are some people who wont agree with me, but thats ok too :D

I started the J-drama of the week that was posted...last week? anna-san no omame . I'm watching it, albeit very very slowly. Its not bad, but neither is it good. I generally like Becky, and the fact that Kawashibara Shuji is in it makes me happy

The only drama I could not finish was Shopping Hero, It was my first drama...must have been 2004? maybe? and I watched a couple of episodes and stopped. After that I tried Summer Snow and LOVED it! I've been a D-addict ever since ;) (which makes it hard for be to believe people didn't like SS, wah!)

Having a hard time watching Sushi Ouji, even though I like Domoto Koichi..Its going very slow, same thing for Koizora, slow..BUT, like I always say when I start a new book, even if I don;t like it I will try to read the rest of it/ in this case it would be watch...(that excludes shopping hero, but you know recently I;ve been thinking of giving it anothe chance if there are still people seeding it, lol)

Anyway, I;'ve watched a lot of dramas since 2004 (trust me) There have been fantastic ones, and good ones, but never really any bad ones. I can't say shopping hero was bad, but it didn't keep my intrest unfortunately.

hhnd

Post by hhnd » Aug 13th, '09, 02:35

I would probably say Innocent Love is the worst in terms of quality that I've seen (but again, I haven't seen that many, around 20, mostly newer ones (from 2004 onwards). I managed to finish it though, and didn't necessarily dislike it, I just thought it was bad :unsure: .
In terms of acting, definitely Proposal Daisakusen (and maybe Kurosagi too, but I stopped watching after 15 minutes to avoid myself some cringing time). But content wise, I don't think Proposal Daisakusen was bad. I thought it was interesting actually (that's why I kept watching although every time the two main characters get together, I had to ask myself, "Are you sure these two want to be here, or would they rather be home napping?" It's just my honest, humble opinion, and just mine, that YamaP does not show any kind of emotion whatsoever on his face. Except in Nobuta wo Produce, which is my second favorite drama of all time behind Nodame Cantabile.
Eh... I like Kame in NwP, but couldn't stand Gokusen 2.
Kami no Shizuku was kind of bleh. If not for Kame I would never have finished it. "Annoying" is not enough to describe the female lead.

Oh yeah the only drama that annoyed the heck out of me was Hana Yori Dango. Usually with dramas that don't seem promising (to me), I stop watching them as to avoid the hate. But HYD was really popular, and everyone raved about it. So I was watching and at the same time I wished it would be over at any second. But now that I'm rewatching it (for certain reasons, of course), I realize it's not as bad as I made it out to be. It's OK, maybe even good if you like the boy-girl-and-their-1000-obstacles-and-more-than-obnoxious-villains-trying-to-stop-the-two-love-birds :roll: But that's IT. And people were talking about it like it was the best drama in the world, which probably annoyed me more than the drama itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think Hana Kimi was bad. I think it was ok, but the lessons from the vice principal just got too blatant for my taste. Educational messages should be like those in Nobuta wo Produce (and even in NwP I felt like some scenes were too blatant, but oh well).

fseventh

Post by fseventh » Aug 13th, '09, 08:21

I would say Konkatsu! Damn, that was such a boring drama and I wait and wait that something big will happen or something, but it's pretty flat until the end! I'm hoping to see super funny and light drama with Nakai on it, but..... :pale: :pale:

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 13th, '09, 22:11

Ok I have several ^^;;;; sooooo

1.Mystery Minzoku Gakusha Yakumo Itsuki - Got this because it was a mystery drama and sounded good but man... it was terrible I couldn't watch past 2 episodes... you never know... maybe it gets better but I couldn't motivate myself to watch anymore ^^;;;

2. Princess Princess D - This might just be me but ugh! The acting was really really bad and I just found it really boring even though the eps were very short.

3. RHPlus - I like shows about vampires so I gave this a try and was severely disappointed... they were supposed to be detectives but there was no detecting the crime happened... there was no investigation but 10 minutes later after some male male flirting they knew who the criminal was and caught him O.o

4. Teppan Shoujo Akane - I really like Horikita Maki so I thought I'd give this a try, but I didn't get very far... I just found it incredibly boring

5. Majo no Jouken - Put me off watching Tackey dramas for ages (until very recently in act), it was just cringey :S

I can't remember any others... for now... that'll do XD

kassim3

Post by kassim3 » Aug 13th, '09, 22:33

Karo wrote: Innocent Love... It's just... weird. I mean... huh?
The only interesting character was the main character's brother... And that was all about it. The whole story was so weird and predictable... >_<And>_> Her character was sooo strange. Yeah, sure, I'll go and steal other people's photographs. That's what people usually do, right? :glare:
HAHAHA thats what i thought as well i watched liked it but i couldnt be bothered to watch the last 3 eps,lol.

i have lots of bad jdramas and some people will disagree with me on this:

Long Vacation, i dont know why but i just couldn't be bothered anymore after the 3rd ep. It was just soooooo slooooooow

Rinjo, after watching the first ep i was like, yeh this might be good, then it just repeatd itself. someone died, the main guy knows what happens, the other guy in the team disagrees with him, the head detective diagrees with him and then he proves them all wrong, big surprise there,lol

Kiina same thing

Mr brain same thing but then again i watched only 3 eps

Q.E.D.was just a waste of my time

And lots of other shows. Is it just me or is some Japanese dramas getting predictable, the ones where the drama is set in a hospital or something similar and they solve cases in exactly the same manner,lol

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Aug 19th, '09, 09:08

I am SO amazed that a lot of the dramas that I liked are being called the WORST dramas ever!!! LOL

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Aug 19th, '09, 09:19

I have a few,

Binbou Danshi was awful! i just watched like the first two episodes but that was enough..

Yukan Club was also terrible. the only funny thing was that guy who was supposed to be half swedish:D

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Aug 19th, '09, 13:50

Reading some of the comments above makes me want to write here. Here are some dramas that I just don't understand *LOL* 8) :
1. Mei-chan no Shitsuji --> I was kind of 'scream' after finished this drama LOL... The only good thing from this drama for me is the "Ikemen" factor... I don't really get the main character (Eikura Nana).. This drama was just plain...
2. Zettai Kareshi --> I don't think I hate Aibu Saki, but I do hate her character here... I still don't get how a human falling in love with a robot.... Her character was really annoying...
3. Princess D (?) --> I just don't get it... (is this a drama?) sorry~~~
4. Binbo Danshi --> Plainly boring.... :scratch:

As for Hana Kimi that was mentioned several times, for me it was just OK drama, I like the supporting characters in the dormitory, they managed to make me laugh... As for Yukan Club, well it was also OK not really hate it but not impress of it either. :unsure:
Also, for me the only Gokusen version that love is just the first season, the second season was acceptable, but the third season was just boring.... :-(

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Aug 22nd, '09, 02:31

Maa ii ka XD

I think Bambino is quite boring...
Majo Saiban also. I only can watch the first episode... till the end the Majo only 1 its really bored...
Mei-chan no Shitsuji also, the story was really flat & plain... I agree about the "Ikemen"
but i dont think it's the worst...
Majo No Jouken, Didnt feel the chemistry between the character, but i guess i appreciate their hardwork :-)
Zettai Kareshi , when i watch it, I cant feel that She fell in love with the robot, kind of rejecting it over and over
Innocent Love & Konkatsu > it was a great drama for me, even some scene makes me bored XD
1 Litre of tears > Bcoz it was based on truth i think I'm just gonna appreciate it, it is a drama, I think the player must be beatifull and handsome to get the dorama to be watched :-)

DoroboNiichan

Post by DoroboNiichan » Aug 22nd, '09, 03:16

Mirai Koshi Meguru!

I reaaaallly had to force myself to finish it :doh:

floridaotaku

Post by floridaotaku » Aug 22nd, '09, 04:27

For me this would have to be Jotei, hands-down. Even Matsuda Shota couldn't redeem it in my book, and that's saying something.

floridaotaku

Post by floridaotaku » Aug 22nd, '09, 04:45

Issy wrote: and last season's drama Yako no Kaiden,
oh my god, i really don't know why i am keeping on self toturing myself. Naohito in his worst acting drama ever together with yoshino Kimura. they meant be lovers but there is 0 chemistry between them on the screen and at the same time try to make you believe in their great love. and to make it even worse, there is unnecessary naration over entire ep describing in details the worst story lines ever written. and then comes the worst end theme of history of jdramas with his lines at very end "i'll kill you"
You're not kidding. I tried so hard to like that one, but it was truly abysmal. So bad, in fact that I had forgotten all about it after watching the first four episodes just a month or so ago. I must have selectively blanked it out to spare myself the trauma.

Man, and Naohito's wardrobe in that... seriously epic styling fail.

menaine

Post by menaine » Aug 22nd, '09, 18:54

i'm agree that Mei-chan no sitsuji is suck...
i don't get it, the story is too weird

doramnrose@gmail.com

Post by doramnrose@gmail.com » Aug 22nd, '09, 20:16

Majo No Jouken...
I love Tackey, but I think it's REALLY boring... LOL

And Zettai Kareshi... Well, it's my favorite manga, but I hate the JDrama...
But yeah, Hayami Mokomichi is really **HOT** *¬*

I also like a bit Proposal Daisakusen because of Yamapi... But I didn't like too much the chemistry between the characters... Well, I don't know XD

piii

Post by piii » Aug 22nd, '09, 20:24

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:I am SO amazed that a lot of the dramas that I liked are being called the WORST dramas ever!!! LOL
i sou agree with you, every dorama i loved is listed here at least once as the worst xD~ ...

uhm, actually i'm really satisfied with every drama i've seen sou far ... i think ...^^"
ah, now i know ... kimi wa petto really sucked ... ._."

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Aug 22nd, '09, 21:32

In no particular order:

<b>Densha Otoko</b> - a complete waste of time, it was advised as being hilarious but jokes are lame. Although idea of chit-chatting and routing on net seems quite realistic and an original plot of drama.

<b>Code Blue</b> - dropped after Ep1, even despite being it a medical drama, I just couldn't stand it and I'm not even sure what really annoyed me so much. Lately thinking to give it another shot, but Yamashita Tomohisa - sorry to all the fandom of his - but if he has looks, he has a long way to go to master acting. What on earth is with all those expressionless faces (not just this drama)?! :blink

<b>Koishite Akuma</b> - dropped after Ep3, kinda slow and predictable, basically all the story is told in the 1st episode

<b>Ryuusei no Kizuna</b> - it's actually <u>not bad</u>, it just lacked the speed

<b>Gokusen</b> - watched only season 1 and it was <u>good</u>. Thu I can't believe it had sequels not one but even a movie having the same plot - not going and never planned to watch any father than S1. There are some dramas that gives a strange feeling of it's-not-worth-trying-or-you'll-regret-it, some to mention is My Boss My Hero, GTO, Smile..

nyagcnopinkuneko

Post by nyagcnopinkuneko » Aug 22nd, '09, 22:29

So . . . I kind of have to agree that Koishite Akuma is pretty bad . . . I mean, bad in the sense that it's like a train wreck. As the cars pile on top of each other and the carnage ensues, you just can't tear your eyes away. Around the fifth or sixth episode I got completely sucked in (excuse the pun) and now I'm just dying to find out what happens next.

It was the same for Innocent Love. This was probably, by far, the most FUBARed drama I've ever seen, but I couldn't stop watching. I can't even really remember much of the last few episodes, I just know that suddenly, I was watching the opening theme at the end. XD

Has anyone mentioned Kami no Shizuku, Sapuri or, for that matter, any of Kame's dramas after Nobuta wo Produce (so awesome, but mostly because of Akira) and Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (which only barely passed the failing point because of its supporting cast, no thanks to Kame or Haruka Ayase)? Kame gets stuck with the crappiest dramas . . . and now he's turned into a ratings black hole. I was happy to see him in the Gokusen movie with a character of his that I actually liked, but I haven't liked a work of his in so long and he always has the same roles. He needs something . . . really random, quirky or extremely dark, just anything but what he's always getting.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 23rd, '09, 09:58

menaine wrote:i'm agree that Mei-chan no sitsuji is suck...
i don't get it, the story is too weird
but being weird/different/people don't understand/unrealistic plot/unbelieveable does NOT categorize drama/movie in worst or suck section.
I am not defending MnS because eveyone is entitled to their opinion and i might hate a drama with passion and you may love the same one. but i keep reading that people don't like it because of above reasons.
I did not understand Long Love Letter at all but i really can' say it was one of the worst drama. i might have thought so before, but with watching more and more dramas i just thought of it as not of my favourites.
i think worst drama choice has to be based on acting/directing/quality and so on. 8)
Last edited by Issy on Aug 23rd, '09, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Aug 23rd, '09, 10:31

Hmmn, for me the reason why I don't like Mei-chan No Shitsuju was more because the creator (the director or other people behind this drama) that decide to change the Mei-chan characteristic (?)... I haven't read the manga, but I read the review of the manga, and if I'm not mistaken, in the manga, Mei-chan's describe as a cute and "girly", so she kind of have a 'week' character(?) But, in the drama series, Mei-chan came out as a tomboy girl (?) but with "week" character (sorry bad English from me). In my opinion, Mei-chan's personality kind of didn't suit her outside look(?)... To put it simple, the main character didn't really impress me (maybe because of the actress? I like Eikura Nana but she didn't really suit Mei-chan's role).
That also what happen with Zettai Kareshi... As far as I know, in the manga, the female lead character was 'getting help' by the robot to realize her feeling to her boss, while at the drama, in the way I see it, the female lead character love the robot so much so that I cannot see her feeling toward the boss. And for me the idea of a woman fall in love with a robot is just sorry 'weird'...

Sorry for blabbering too much ^^/v Feel free to disagree with me though, because this just my personal subjective opinion~~~

ichigo_bits

Post by ichigo_bits » Aug 23rd, '09, 12:54

Smile - didn't make it pass ep1. It was too depressing and the Filipino look irritated me.

First Kiss - It was a pain to watch, cos it was so slow.

Innocent Love - I wanted to like this, but I just can't. Dropped it after ep1.

Yamada Taro Monogatari - This is a complete waste of time. I watched ep1 and I deeply regretted it. lol

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 23rd, '09, 13:21

We just finished watching Proposal Daisakusen. By the second episode we were like, "Okay whatever crime it is you're accusing as of -- we did it!!! Just stop this mindless torture!!!" :crazy:

Every time we see the guy come back from the past to see the girl still sitting with her groom we shouted, "Nooo!!!" ... "You mean there's more of this?!!" :cussing:

Plus it really had a weird ending because the girl was "allowed to run away" from her wedding with the implication that she wasn't really married yet even after the ceremony in the church and the reception afterwards complete with bouquet toss and slide show presentation. I concede that it has to do with legalities in Japan but it could have been dealt better -- they weren't dealing with reality after all.

Just send the girl back in time before the church wedding ... and send me back to the time before I downloaded this series!!! :P

asahii

Post by asahii » Aug 26th, '09, 21:17

Long Love Letter - Watched it for Kubozuka Yosuke ONLY. I didn't feel anything for the characters, which is always bad :D

Gokusen (2&3) - As many of you have mentioned before... We saw it all in Gokusen 1. No need for the sequels.

33pun Tantei - I just didn't get this one. I didn't care about the "Kaette kosaserareta" one either. I tried to understand the jokes in it but no...

Remote - Lol the main female character was annoying. And I felt sorry for her boyfriend.

1 Litre of Tears - OK it has really happened and that's really sad. Really. But I just can't stand the actors/actresses. I didn't cry either.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Aug 31st, '09, 15:08

delaciel wrote: That also what happen with Zettai Kareshi... As far as I know, in the manga, the female lead character was 'getting help' by the robot to realize her feeling to her boss, while at the drama, in the way I see it, the female lead character love the robot so much so that I cannot see her feeling toward the boss. And for me the idea of a woman fall in love with a robot is just sorry 'weird'...

Sorry for blabbering too much ^^/v Feel free to disagree with me though, because this just my personal subjective opinion~~~

I beg to differ. I'm not sure why alot of people here hates Zettai Kareshi. It was one of my favorite jdoramas. I don't love the ending, but I think the ending gave it a sense of reality. Robots and Humans can't be together. So though it's sad, I thought it's a good ending. I'm not a fan of the SP but I watched it still because of Hayami Mokomichi.

Anyway, if you notice in the beginning of the story, she never notice Night at all. She kept ignoring him. She even procrastinated alot when the the time came where she had to kiss Night to reprogram him. She only started loving him toward the end of the story. He's always been supportive of her and she loved him because of that.

I still love Zettai Kareshi even with the negative comments here!

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Aug 31st, '09, 15:19

I just thought of one! :lol

Maid Deka!

I watched it for like 15 mins of the first episode then I stopped. It's just too anime-ish!! The acting sux too!

Another one!

KOIZORA (drama)

I watched the movie and I thought it's alright. It really made me cry. I tried watching the drama but then the actors kinda annoyed me. The acting was so bad. Like they were directly reading from the script!
[/b]

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Aug 31st, '09, 15:40

yabu_hikaru wrote:Oh! My Girl!!!

da worst drama ever!! cant stand with da kid..too much..she's not cute at all..i only watched untill episode 2...yucks!
I actually like this drama. Again, I started watching this because of Moko-chan (swoon) :whistling: But then, I actually think it has great values. I love the storyline. And I thought Kato Rosa's acting was a little flat, but I did enjoy this drama very much!

I wonder why the dramas I liked got here. Hana Kimi made me laugh so much! I hate the SP again. I felt like it was full of flashbacks that I just kept forwarding it. But I love Oguri Shun. (swoon again) :wub: I would love to see him in more romance dramas. I love him in crows zero and cr2. He's great in HYD too. I think Jun is so effeminate so I'm shying away from his dramas.

I like Proposal Daisakusen. I dunno why. Hehehe! i guess I was just looking for a good romantic drama for a change and I kept anticipating the result of his going back in time.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 31st, '09, 23:23

Yeah... I only made it to... episode... 3 (I think) of Proposal Daisakusen and I just deleted the already downloaded 4 and 5. I can't stand female characters like that. "Oh, you're slow and don't understnad blah blah blah," Well, I wouldn't throw a hissy fit because someone could't find the hidden paper thingy in a CD jacket! I mean, it was HIDDEN and it's notl ike she really gave any direct clues that she had a surprise gift. (And I really can't believe the whole episode was really because he didn't realize a hidden paper, which had a hidden message that he just so happen to know because he just so happen to look at the books on her desk. AND grrr! A lot of HER getting mad for no good reasons, and I just can't stand those type of girls. Plus that actress gave me a bad first impression in last Friends because Michiru sucks.

Oh yeah, and I was interested in PD ONLY because of... Hamada Gaku... he's so adorable... ^__^ I wish there was a drama where he is the lead.

I'm glad I didn't force myself watching it all

Oh yeah, I think Water Boys 2 was boring. It was kinda like Gokusen (Well, Gokusen was like that show...?) Because if you saw the movie, and the first season... it's pretty much the same. Guys wanna do synchro swimming, and have to go through a thousand and one obstacles to do it. There's two best female friends... the obviously pretty one likes the main guy, but he likes gets more interested in the less pretty girl who is a jerk to him, but secretly likes him too.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 1st, '09, 01:04

«minah» wrote:
Oh yeah, I think Water Boys 2 was boring. It was kinda like Gokusen (Well, Gokusen was like that show...?) Because if you saw the movie, and the first season... it's pretty much the same. Guys wanna do synchro swimming, and have to go through a thousand and one obstacles to do it. There's two best female friends... the obviously pretty one likes the main guy, but he likes gets more interested in the less pretty girl who is a jerk to him, but secretly likes him too.
Waterboys! Is it really boring? I've had it on my list of dramas to watch for a long time but i kept delaying watching it. I wanted to watch it because I've read some positive reviews about it. and Tamaki Hiroshi is in it. He's one good actor. Now that you mention it. i'm not really interested watching boys in trunks doing synchronized swimming. so thanks. I don't think I wanna watch it any more.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Sep 1st, '09, 04:05

sansukini wrote:
«minah» wrote:
Waterboys! Is it really boring? I've had it on my list of dramas to watch for a long time but i kept delaying watching it. I wanted to watch it because I've read some positive reviews about it. and Tamaki Hiroshi is in it. He's one good actor. Now that you mention it. i'm not really interested watching boys in trunks doing synchronized swimming. so thanks. I don't think I wanna watch it any more.

The movie is great... BUT the TV series..... I am not gonna bother watching the finale. Hiroshi is partially in the first season. The second season is a whole new cast and it's kinda the same formula as the first season. A few twists here and there, but it's pretty much like the first season. The first season isn't that bad, because it's like "Cool, they made a series out of the movie... ok!" But the second season is "...so they're trying to suck more money out of this story huh?"

dmriojas

Post by dmriojas » Sep 1st, '09, 05:00

Oniyome Nikki by far the worst thing I've wasted my time on. And that room of king, what was the point? ~D

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 1st, '09, 07:36

nyagcnopinkuneko wrote:So . . . I kind of have to agree that Koishite Akuma is pretty bad . . . I mean, bad in the sense that it's like a train wreck. As the cars pile on top of each other and the carnage ensues, you just can't tear your eyes away. Around the fifth or sixth episode I got completely sucked in (excuse the pun) and now I'm just dying to find out what happens next.
I'm totally agree with you hehehehe... :D

Yako no Kaidan ==> Ageee, bored enough on ep 1 ....

mowgwie

Post by mowgwie » Sep 1st, '09, 09:20

Worst drama? Trick - absolutely no question the stupidest piece of **** I ever saw! Even more stupid than Jim Carey movies -- and that's saying a lot!

After that, just about anything with Kyoko Fukada - she is just annoying!

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 1st, '09, 10:08

«minah» wrote:
sansukini wrote:
«minah» wrote:

I guess I'll check out the movie!

The movie is great... BUT the TV series..... I am not gonna bother watching the finale. Hiroshi is partially in the first season. The second season is a whole new cast and it's kinda the same formula as the first season. A few twists here and there, but it's pretty much like the first season. The first season isn't that bad, because it's like "Cool, they made a series out of the movie... ok!" But the second season is "...so they're trying to suck more money out of this story huh?"

hotoko

Post by hotoko » Sep 5th, '09, 05:52

Anna-san no Omame - most annoying drama

i can't really stand with Lily character - Dont't ever waste your time to watch this !!!!! :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 5th, '09, 11:24

mowgwie wrote:Worst drama? Trick - absolutely no question the stupidest piece of **** I ever saw! Even more stupid than Jim Carey movies -- and that's saying a lot!

After that, just about anything with Kyoko Fukada - she is just annoying!
after reading so much good reviews about it on Jdorama site, i decided to watch it. specially because of my new obsession about Abe Hiroshi.
not sure if it's because of its very poor quality vids or something else, but i did not find it that good. watching 2-3eps of Trick did not encourage me to continue.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Sep 8th, '09, 01:53

sansukini wrote:
delaciel wrote: That also what happen with Zettai Kareshi... As far as I know, in the manga, the female lead character was 'getting help' by the robot to realize her feeling to her boss, while at the drama, in the way I see it, the female lead character love the robot so much so that I cannot see her feeling toward the boss. And for me the idea of a woman fall in love with a robot is just sorry 'weird'...

I beg to differ. I'm not sure why alot of people here hates Zettai Kareshi. It was one of my favorite jdoramas. I don't love the ending, but I think the ending gave it a sense of reality. Robots and Humans can't be together. So though it's sad, I thought it's a good ending. I'm not a fan of the SP but I watched it still because of Hayami Mokomichi.

Anyway, if you notice in the beginning of the story, she never notice Night at all. She kept ignoring him. She even procrastinated alot when the the time came where she had to kiss Night to reprogram him. She only started loving him toward the end of the story. He's always been supportive of her and she loved him because of that.

Which is why I call it "my personal subjective opinion", because of course some people can see it in the different way, just like you did~~~
I kind of hope that the SP will answer my wish for a good ending, but somehow even at the end I got the sense that Riiko still can't let the robot go... Her feeling for Asamoto Soshi was still vague(?). It's like a total lost for a human for trying to compete with a robot LOL... Maybe I'm just dislike this series because I don't like the story or maybe because I disappointed that it can't show/portray the original idea of the manga... That's all.... (not to mention if I wasn't mistaken, Soshi and Riiko was supposed to be childhood friend?)
Anyway, it's good that you still love the drama, it's just so happen that I don't, as simple as that ^^ everyone has their own opinion... 8)

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 8th, '09, 10:20

delaciel wrote:
sansukini wrote:

Which is why I call it "my personal subjective opinion", because of course some people can see it in the different way, just like you did~~~
I kind of hope that the SP will answer my wish for a good ending, but somehow even at the end I got the sense that Riiko still can't let the robot go... Her feeling for Asamoto Soshi was still vague(?). It's like a total lost for a human for trying to compete with a robot LOL... Maybe I'm just dislike this series because I don't like the story or maybe because I disappointed that it can't show/portray the original idea of the manga... That's all.... (not to mention if I wasn't mistaken, Soshi and Riiko was supposed to be childhood friend?)
Anyway, it's good that you still love the drama, it's just so happen that I don't, as simple as that ^^ everyone has their own opinion... 8)
I can say the same for the SP. I got really annoyed with riiko's character. I thought they spent so much time together with Soshi when she studied abroad and he was always there supporting him, but she still pined for the robot. I thought at the end of the SP that it was totally ridiculous when she went back to soshi.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 8th, '09, 11:34

I can say the same for the SP. I got really annoyed with riiko's character. I thought they spent so much time together with Soshi when she studied abroad and he was always there supporting him, but she still pined for the robot. I thought at the end of the SP that it was totally ridiculous when she went back to soshi.
I do second that totally. i thought it would been better if they left as it was in the drama. there was no point of SP at all and it was complete waste of time. riko was proved the most undecisive person that could not make her mind up even she already did by the end of drama, Soshi looked pethatic for not being able to defend his love and just gave up and as for the robot Knight, well he was ROBOT, remained a robot and stopped funtioning at the end.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Aug 3rd, '11, 10:41

HOKABEN!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
10 hours of pure torture! There´s no plot, no storylines, no intelligence, no logic - there´s nothing - they had only great actors like Ryo, Ueto Aya and Kato Shigeaki, but great actors/actresses can´t make a great movie when the script sucks. I´m so sad that it was the first jdorama with Ueto Aya which I watched, because now even though I know she´s a great actress - I don´t want to see her anywhere!! Her character was soooo annoying! She should have been a detective - the job she did as a "lawyer" was more like digging up irrelevant dirt. She wanted to "help" people, but she managed to ruin the lives of more than 20 people within ONE EPISODE! Goshhh :crazy: Shouldn´t the main character be the heroine, the one who saves the day???
The only reason I wanted to watch it in the first place was Kato Shigeaki (I love his acting in the currently airing "Hanawake no yon shimai"), but he only got screen time about 2 minutes per episode. I wanted to drop it after the first episode, but I hoped it would get better - my mistake.

haruma_obsessed

Post by haruma_obsessed » Sep 18th, '11, 15:33

This probably isn't the worst I've watched, but it's all I can think of because I just watched it and I'm still pissed. Mei-chan no Shitsuji.

The drama as a whole wasn't bad, and it had vast improvements from the beginning when the corny acting was very distracting. The characters grew on you as they grew themselves, and the protagonist was someone I could respect. However, by the middle of the series, I was constantly checking the time left so I could hurry up and finish the episode (by episode 8, I couldn't believe there were still 2 episodes left). In the end, I wound up just skimming just to get to the end. At a time when it should have picked up, it tremendously slowed down, and the romance scenes were poorly done in how drawn out they were. I swear, at least an entire hour of my time watching it was devoted to those awkward moments where two mains romantically attracted to each other sat in silence. Even worse, my favorite character, Kento (played by Sato Takeru), didn't get an ending that I felt did him nearly as much justice as he deserved. The whole time it looked like the writers were hinting at feelings his other childhood friend, Natsumi, had for him, but in the end, that's as far as it went. He was still set on going after the main protagonist, Mei, which by this point, I've grown to despise by her growing indecisiveness and lack of resolve. I don't think it's wise to set up a main as so mature if you're going to set her back so much as the drama continues.

So in short, it was a little off in the beginning, but grew to be a drama I could really enjoy, albeit for a short while. As more romance is added, everything goes south, not in the presence of romance itself, but in the poor execution of its fruition. Ha~. This had so much potential for me, too. One big reason I hate "love-triangle" dramas, but Mei didn't even know about it until late, so I don't understand the indecisiveness. (As another note: I can't stand characters who are TOO oblivious to OBVIOUS signs of attraction.)

Okay, that's it. Again, probably not the WORST I've seen, but the only one that comes to mind now. (I haven't seen that many dramas to begin with.)

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 18th, '11, 15:56

haruma_obsessed wrote: (As another note: I can't stand characters who are TOO oblivious to OBVIOUS signs of attraction.)
:thumright: WOW, I really like your comments. I think I will steal it from you from time to times. :lol
same here but you only see them in drama world. in real world, no matter how clueless one can get, they still can detect those signs.
as for MnS, It was my guilty pleasure when it was on air. not sure why (because I am past that age to enjoy these kind of dramas) but I think it was something to do with the main couple. they had a cute chemistry together and romantic vibes was all around. that's you don't find often in Jdramas. but yes. Kento deserved better ending even if he was not going to get Mei's love.

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Sep 18th, '11, 22:31

There were definitely times in Mei-chan when it dragged. There was one particular episode that I thought was torturously boring. I liked Eikura's performance but I really kept watching because of Tanimura. She plays Mei's weird neighbor. Some of the other characters were also amusing, and there was some good humor in the show. Incidentally, Eikura and Tanimura acted together in a movie in 2007.

Perhaps the worst drama I've seen is Long Love Letter. It's like a master class in constructing an Idiot Plot. It's just awe inspiring how absolutely stupid almost every character is. The story is also scientifically laughable yet so seriously presented.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 18th, '11, 23:50

lollercopter wrote:Perhaps the worst drama I've seen is Long Love Letter. It's like a master class in constructing an Idiot Plot. It's just awe inspiring how absolutely stupid almost every character is. The story is also scientifically laughable yet so seriously presented.
Thank god it was not only me. I was going to doubt my intelligence because I really could not get any of characters or the plot. and what made the matter worse is reading endless reviews about how great this drama was. :blink

ps. your ava is kind of creepy. it did freak me out as I did not notice the eyes. :P

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Sep 19th, '11, 00:39

Koinu no Waltz is my personal worst j-drama, i have seen complete.

The last episodes were watched for curiosity only. Yes, it can get more stupid.
Maybe the plot and character are developed for an average manga, but no drama material.

I lost this drama by a harddrive crash.
IIRC was the only good thing, the last dialog/action and even that sucks for the character design.

I canceled Mei-chan in the middle. It was boring.

haruma_obsessed

Post by haruma_obsessed » Sep 19th, '11, 02:06

Issy wrote:
haruma_obsessed wrote: (As another note: I can't stand characters who are TOO oblivious to OBVIOUS signs of attraction.)
:thumright: WOW, I really like your comments. I think I will steal it from you from time to times. :lol
same here but you only see them in drama world. in real world, no matter how clueless one can get, they still can detect those signs.
as for MnS, It was my guilty pleasure when it was on air. not sure why (because I am past that age to enjoy these kind of dramas) but I think it was something to do with the main couple. they had a cute chemistry together and romantic vibes was all around. that's you don't find often in Jdramas. but yes. Kento deserved better ending even if he was not going to get Mei's love.
Steal away. XD

I kept watching it for Kento. I liked his character who was so open in a series of mainly emotional introverts. But yeah, I can understand if someone can't tell subtle signs of romance, and sometimes that makes it cute or funny. However, Mei overexerted this attribute to the point where it got annoying and I wanted to punch her screaming, "HE LOVES YOU, YOU DOLT!" I'm SO glad people in real life are more intuitive to these things, or I don't know what I'd do. =___=
Last edited by haruma_obsessed on Sep 28th, '11, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

Uzma

Post by Uzma » Sep 24th, '11, 22:28

Sexy Voice and Robo. It was torture watching this drama but i had to finish it.

mikilove13
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by mikilove13 » Sep 24th, '11, 22:46

Sexy Voice was a drama I watched solo because of Matsuyama Kenichi, but I do agree it was rather bad.

And Mei-chan was kind of boring too. I wanted to like it, since I liked the manga, but it was just too lackluster and boring for me to actually finish it.

magdello

Post by magdello » Sep 25th, '11, 08:11

well, i am still too scared to watch MnS. honestly, I really like Sato Takeru and I managed to watch whole Kamen Rider just because of him (and thank god, now im KR maniac :D) but... i think his hair and his being wuss is a little too much for me!

for me the worst drama I've EVER WATCHED is:
Lady something something profiling something. I honest to god hate myself for watching that since i grow to really really detest whats-her-face main actress = I really can't stand her at all! IT was especially a huge dissapointmen after Buzzer Beat in which i found her performance really believable (as it can get, it wasnt the most realistic drama ever) and in Lady it was.... well, pointless. The character contradicted itself in sooo many ways plus her trauma plus I'm sorry but she was annoying. and now i cant watch her at all, so i will never watch ParaKiss or Tsuki no Koibito nor anything else starring her.

having this out of my system, there a couple which weren't such a pain to watch but still not something i would like to watch again...

Bloody Monday II - god, how wrong it was! still - watched it for Sato Takeru but when in part 1 he at least attempted to be manly, in second season he just stood there, got molested/shot and asked Fujimaru not to die. but he looked cool as a 20-year-old physics professor <3

last but not least hana yori dango 2 - maybe its just my hate to sequels but... really? this was exatly the same plus the fiance. It wasnt as bad as the movie but still... It was pretty much pointless! Plus everyone was into her which was really weird! The only think I liked was Ikuta Toma in first episode! god, soooo hot <3

but actually there wasnt as much bad dramas. maybe because i watch only stuff i think i will enjoy/someone will recommend to me... :)

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Sep 25th, '11, 09:05

magdello wrote:for me the worst drama I've EVER WATCHED is:
Lady something something profiling something. I honest to god hate myself for watching that since i grow to really really detest whats-her-face main actress = I really can't stand her at all! IT was especially a huge dissapointmen after Buzzer Beat in which i found her performance really believable (as it can get, it wasnt the most realistic drama ever) and in Lady it was.... well, pointless. The character contradicted itself in sooo many ways plus her trauma plus I'm sorry but she was annoying. and now i cant watch her at all, so i will never watch ParaKiss or Tsuki no Koibito nor anything else starring her.
Whilst Lady was a pretty poor drama I don't think you can blame the actress for that - it's not her fault the scripts and writing were awful.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Sep 25th, '11, 09:17

Jikou Keisatsu: Boring! Every episode is nearly the same. the humor is not funny and the actors played their roles in a really lacking way... -_-.

phoinos

Post by phoinos » Sep 25th, '11, 10:14

magdello wrote:last but not least hana yori dango 2 - maybe its just my hate to sequels but... really? this was exatly the same plus the fiance. It wasnt as bad as the movie but still... It was pretty much pointless! Plus everyone was into her which was really weird! The only think I liked was Ikuta Toma in first episode! god, soooo hot <3
I'm not the only one!

HYD2 wasn't the worst I've seen, but it was definitely the most frustrating. I hate it not because it was exactly the same, but because it took about fifty steps backwards from the awesomeness that is season 1.

Tsukushi was the most annoying, indecisive heroine ever in season 2. What happened to all that courage she had in season 1?! All that character development, and yet she's completely weak-willed and whiny in 2. I found myself cheering on Shigeru instead! Rui was a jackass as always (haha, HYD has ruined Oguri Shun for me; I can't stand him, after his turn as Rui). And the story itself was ridiculous. I hate hate hate amnesia plots. The only saving grace for the season was Tsukasa's evolution into manly stud, but even that can't bring me to watch this season again.

I wish they could just edit the whole season down to scenes of Tsukasa and the F4. Everything else can be thrown out.
sansukini wrote:

Zettai Kareshi is another series that is unbelievably frustrating. Soshi is an incredible guy, everything that girl (too long ago, don't remember her name) wanted, and she falls in love with a robot instead? And then, oh no, the robot shuts down, so she'll just run off with the guy. I felt so sorry for Soshi. How did he end up as the fallback guy? I wanted him to tell her "screw you!" And yet he's the one screwed, in the TV show and in the special, because any time that robot shows up she completely ditches him. It's so annoying how carelessly and cruelly she treats him, and yet all the characters in the series just accept it.

And the love between the robot and girl was so depressing, not for the ick factor, but because it's not a real love. It's programmed into him, no matter how much the show tries to convince us that it was all Night's own will. It's not. He's programmed to love her, and in the end she accepts the effortless love from Night rather than the love from Soshi that she might have had to actually work for. Her whole relationship with Night was fake, driven by a computer chip on his part and pure laziness on hers, and yet she chose that over the real love that Soshi offered. You know, by the end of the series, I actually wanted her to end up with Night in the end, just because she deserved that fake love.

So annoying.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Sep 26th, '11, 04:03

I think Zettai Kareshi was bad just because of how they made Riiko. She wasn't as super annoying as her manga counterpart and pretty much was the complete opposite. Actually I didn't think the show really described so much or try to 'convince' us that much that Night loved Riiko... Riiko over and over again kept saying "No you don't you're made to love me.. blahblah you're a machine.. just like a toaster." Like if the show kept doing that, what was the point of the actual drama? (It's like doing improv and someone purposely saying "No.. there's no bird flying over me. It's all fake. Like c'mon! What's the point in doing it?) I felt no conviction and really didn't like how they made Night in the drama. They portrayed him like an actual robot, unlike his manga counterpart who seem human (and even talked liked it.. and it's words! He's not speaking weirdly like he has to program someone in his memory chip or something) That's where I think the drama failed at. It changed the characters too much from the manga (the age thing doesn't bother me that much but really? Making the characters just the opposite of what they were in the manga?) If they kept the actual feel of the manga in the drama it may have been more likable to many more people... so.. it sucks lol. (I have no problem with the robot/human relationship and was interested in seeing how it would work but... the drama failed at it and actually Watase Yuu didn't do the best of job either... ;_; I like her but she make her characters too much the same in every story so it's like re-reading her other works just with a different scenario.. but I think those characters were better than the drama counterparts)

Hanawake no Yo something whatever.... I think this show was more unrealistic than ZK (that's saying a lot) The characters were pretty bad.. their personalities & traits were just.. ugh annoying..the scenarios almost made no sense and... well.. they effed up the moment they killed off the first character.

Another drama I think is bad (won't say worse but it's way overrated) is Hana Kimi 1 (not gonna bother with the 2nd one.. I dunno I don't care for the story) No matter how many people tell me how 'amazing' it is... it really isn't. It's only good for pure entertainment. Maki..well never a fan of Maki but I thought she was pretty unconvincing... I really do forget Shun was in the show and he was awful in it (he's a great actor but not in that show.. his character was quite bland and was just.. there.) The only saving grace of this series was Toma & well.. EVERYONE else with their humor.. but mainly Toma. I think this really showcased Toma's acting (as well as A@D) and was thanks to HK that I discovered other actors... But yeah I think people only liked the humor/silly scenarios in this drama.. it's not spectacular and the leads weren't very..lead-ful.
As much as I didn't like Host Club anime I so like the drama and think that show is much better than HanaKimi (I see the two being kinda similar to each other)

phoinos

Post by phoinos » Sep 26th, '11, 08:00

«minah» wrote:As much as I didn't like Host Club anime I so like the drama and think that show is much better than HanaKimi (I see the two being kinda similar to each other)
I absolutely love the Ouran anime, but I just couldn't get into the drama. I guess I didn't give it much of a chance (only one episode), but it just felt so wrong live action. Like... the scenario is too silly to work in a show with real people.... or maybe it's just that I think they made a poor casting choice for Tamaki.... Or maybe I'm just biased because I love the anime so much.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Sep 26th, '11, 08:11

«minah» wrote:Hanawake no Yo something whatever.... I think this show was more unrealistic than ZK (that's saying a lot) The characters were pretty bad.. their personalities & traits were just.. ugh annoying..the scenarios almost made no sense and... well.. they effed up the moment they killed off the first character.
I agree completely! It's like they cast the characters, worked out the film locations and when it came to filming they suddenly realised "We forgot the plot! We'll just make it up as we go!".

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Sep 26th, '11, 15:10

@phonios
Well it seems a handful of people didn't like Yuusuke (their reasons is because he's not half Japanese and/or not hot enough) but I knew he was gonna pull the role off really well. (he already showed it in Atan..something.. something... that Maki drama when she's a 'mom' to all these guys lol) If Yuusuke's wig wasn't so bad-looking he would've looked better but I think the drama is workable and done better than other dramas that are just..bizzare. What I can say compared to Hana Kimi is at least the lead roles are memorable and actually have some importance. (the cast is smaller so it's not like 20+ guys taking the spotlight either lol) and I mean.. if they can make Hana Yori Dango into a drama (I think that's unrealistic honestly.. I don't care how popular it is all over East Asia lol it's still a lot more unrealistic than HC in my opinion) But I personally enjoy Host Club, and this is coming from someone who can't stand that genre (a bunch of mindless dumb rich spoiled girls who shallowly fall for dudes... a rich guy who needs to get over himself at times.. the only sane girl is the one who isn't crazy about the dudes and she just so happen to not be rich.. I dunno it's bad generalization/stereotypes that bothers me ^^; I really don't like this genre's portray of girls... ehhhh!!!) So yeah I do think that's some people's reason to not give stuff a chance because they really love the origi and it may not be exactly how they imagined.

@emma
I know.. it was really a bad plot & for them to keep going on with it... -__- Like they really just pulled whatever out from their butts and put it on screen.. sad because I actually love the cast too but made their characters so unlikable..

HAVA-RAVA

Post by HAVA-RAVA » Sep 26th, '11, 15:42

In my opinion Anna-san no Omame is the first drama ever made. Lame humor is lame and the characters are annoying. Total waste of time. And just a side note I LOVE Becky who played the main lead. But the drama is just...

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 26th, '11, 15:44

«minah» wrote: But I personally enjoy Host Club, and this is coming from someone who can't stand that genre (a bunch of mindless dumb rich spoiled girls who shallowly fall for dudes... a rich guy who needs to get over himself at times.. the only sane girl is the one who isn't crazy about the dudes and she just so happen to not be rich.. I dunno it's bad generalization/stereotypes that bothers me ^^; I really don't like this genre's portray of girls... ehhhh!!!)
The Ouran manga is supposed to make fun of cliches in the shoujo manga genre. So it's a parody. Maybe the drama doesn't portray that aspect of the original work that well, but that's what it's supposed to be. Or maybe you need quite a vast knowledge of fangirl culture to understand the jokes. Anyway, it's not to be taken seriously.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Sep 26th, '11, 20:45

^
Had nooo idea that it was suppose to be a parody.. I read lots of manga/ (use to) watch lots of anime and yeah... didn't know that ^^; (even when I watched the anime but like I said, I can't stand that genere so I dropped it) But still... I'm picky when it comes to my manga/anime anyway so still.. in general that kinda rich girl reverse harem twincest thing still isn't what I like... (why I couldn't stand for HYD & Vampire Knight.. and most likely why watching YamaNade whatever drama really didn't sit well with me)

Oh yeah which reminds me.. I think I already mentioned it? (it's been a while since my last post before my last few recent ones this week) That YamaNade drama sucked. I think I said it before but yeah.... twas bad ;_;

Uzma

Post by Uzma » Sep 26th, '11, 20:53

HAVA-RAVA wrote:In my opinion Anna-san no Omame is the first drama ever made. Lame humor is lame and the characters are annoying. Total waste of time. And just a side note I LOVE Becky who played the main lead. But the drama is just...
Agree. I had the most difficult time finishing this drama.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Sep 27th, '11, 03:21

If you really want to find the worst in J-dorama, head to your local asian DVD store (if you have one). This is where the lamest of the lame doramas collect in dusty bins for years at a time. You can even find vintage VCDs. Not everything is crap - just over 90% is. There are gems to be found, but they get snapped up quickly.

My personal Chinatown J-Dorama dishonour roll:

Ai o Kudasai - super irritating theme song banged out by talentless chick & played out in every single ep., love interest with the hotness factor of a potato salad, the worst abuse of endless, cheap flashbacks I have ever witnessed. Somehow manages to be depressing, on top of everthing else.

Jotei, Virgin, etc. - These hostess dramas are so, so, so awful. See Rainscene/Darkeyed Wolf's epic dorama review blog "Asian drama - where social lives go to die".

Shinjuku Swan - no redeeming qualities whatsoever. When a dorama features a graphic, extended scene in an oppai bar in the first episode, you know you're in for it. Craptastic dialogue, risably bad acting, makes Jotei look like Masterpiece Theatre. And despite being really nauseating, it's boring.

Ando Natsu - people liked this boredom fest, featuring a gal in a cake shop, when it first came out. Anyone interested in watching it again? Didn't think so. And the title is very lousy pun, indeed.

There's so many more that just went straight to the charity shop, can't recall their names offhand. Sigh...

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Sep 27th, '11, 04:16

Yeah, Jotei is complete schlock. I suffered through it only because Ai Maeda has a supporting role. It's preposterous that she doesn't get better roles than this when she's so beautiful and can act just as well or better than many popular actresses. It makes no sense.

Ando Natsu is... mediocre. Of course I watched it because Shihori Kanjiya is in the lead role, but otherwise the only notable thing about it is the very good theme song. It's another drama where it seems like everyone behind the camera just went through the motions.

Also, that drama "review" blog is terrible. It just has screenshots with a few unfunny captions.

haruma_obsessed

Post by haruma_obsessed » Sep 28th, '11, 06:48

magdello wrote:well, i am still too scared to watch MnS. honestly, I really like Sato Takeru and I managed to watch whole Kamen Rider just because of him (and thank god, now im KR maniac :D) but... i think his hair and his being wuss is a little too much for me!

Bloody Monday II - god, how wrong it was! still - watched it for Sato Takeru but when in part 1 he at least attempted to be manly, in second season he just stood there, got molested/shot and asked Fujimaru not to die. but he looked cool as a 20-year-old physics professor <3
Well, if it's any consolation, Takeru's character was the ONLY MAIN who I didn't get frustrated with in MnS.

However, in BM 2, I was just so happy that he was in it more, that I didn't notice that he got in trouble so much. (Though it's not like he was useless, though--far from it actually.) I mainly watched it for Haruma, anyway and because I enjoyed the 1st season. Yeah, the 1st season was better for me in terms of plot, but I did enjoy the involvement of Otoya more, given that Fujimaru was definitely in need of more moral support by that point. (I actually hated the manga version of BM 2, so I'm glad it didn't follow it well.) It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of the HT bromance, either.

@phoinos
As someone who despised the anime AND manga, I'm surprised I got into this drama so much. I've already been a fan of Yamamoto for a while, and he REALLY pulls off that role, which is actually similar to his role in Tumbling if you take away the gangster aspect. (Full of himself but so horribly goofy.) The same with Daito, who is usually playing those casual, yet nearly perfect characters. I have to admit that some of the CG looks awkward (Hunny's "shrinking jump") but not enough to take away from the good aspects. It noticeably got better after the 1st episode, strangely enough. The only thing is, that I feel those who actually LIKE the anime/manga will draw references to places that weren't good enough, where my situation is that I'm glad the main character doesn't seem like a wuss. (Am I the only one who thought Haruhi seemed sort of weak in the manga/anime?)

Random note: Whenever I see those twins, I imagine they're at home and when they pass each other in the hall, they peak and then walk away from each other in shame. Or like when one of their parents looks at them, they just awkwardly look away from more SHAME. X'D (I know it's probably not like that, because of acting, but it must be at least A LITTLE awkward.)

Well, I got side-tracked--this is the WORST J-drama topic, after all.
Last edited by haruma_obsessed on Sep 28th, '11, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Sep 28th, '11, 07:04

Ando natsu was awful. The only good part was the sweets...

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Sep 28th, '11, 07:35

Cupid no Itazura: I think anyone who has watched this will agree with me...

Asunaro Hakusho: Yes it was classic I know.But it was also "eye-cancer" at least for me.

Yakou no kaidan: Even the fansubbers dropped it...

haruma_obsessed

Post by haruma_obsessed » Sep 28th, '11, 07:38

Thanks you guys. Being someone who is still pretty new to dramas, you guys sure are pointing me in the direction of dramas to AVOID. Especially since some of these are ones that are highly recommended on other forums.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 16th, '11, 08:41

I know it's old and I love Yuji Oda and Suzuki Honami but Tokyo Love Story I mean seriously the dude picks a piece of catrdboard over an actual living person