2%
STAY AWAY (1)
2%

Total votes: 122

anohianotoki

Thanks to the subtitlers

Post by anohianotoki » Aug 26th, '06, 16:46

Oh my God, I'm sure glad this came up as a 'Drama of the Month' with subtitles
so that I could fully understand this superb story. My reaction after seeing the first episode was "What, this was on Japanese TV?" I know a little bit about Japanese culture and to me some of the things Maya said were iconoclastic. This is a must see.

There is a theory that human intelligence originated due to the need for social skills and judgment for survival. This drama really exercises your intelligence at a primal or basic level as you strive to figure out if Maya has a plan, the alternatives available to the kids, what each kid is like how to best approach them, exactly what would be a desirable situation and how to achieve it, what are the possible moves and counter moves, etc. It's great!

The child actors are all very good, and the lead actress's performance begs the question: if there are such good Japanese actresses available, why were none cast in "Geisha"? But I guess that's off-topic.

I really wish to convey gratitude to Kryptolus and company for providing the subtitles.
Praise them with great praise!

uun

skipped to the end

Post by uun » Aug 26th, '06, 18:16

becuase of thread spoliers
i just found this drama again today (it was under the desk in the dark), i have been losing my mind ready to go back to japan
yah, the first episodes really remind me of my japanese language teacher
she nearly made me cry once or twice
but i remember this grad student that she was getting to tutor us told me "they are all like that over there. she is teaching it to you really intensively, yeah, but that is how they teach over there"
after he explained it to me, i got an a or a b. i forget
she actually bragged about me to the clas and embarassed me even more
i am still scared of her and she is half my size

goygakgoy

Re: Thanks to the subtitlers

Post by goygakgoy » Aug 29th, '06, 01:55

I love this drama as well and it's my fav.

To answer your question, they said that Japanese ppl aren't that great actors in english...or it was hard to find one. I kinda agree with them cuz the Chinese has a much stronger link to America while the Japanese not as much. I'm sure there are Japanese girls that can play the role, but the entertainment industry would literally have loads of Chinese actors to choose from.

I wouldn't want the star of this drama to be in this trashy movie though....hurts her image. I can't deal with that..haha.
anohianotoki wrote: The child actors are all very good, and the lead actress's performance begs the question: if there are such good Japanese actresses available, why were none cast in "Geisha"? But I guess that's off-topic.

kate2312

Re: Thanks for brining this drama to our attention for JSOTW

Post by kate2312 » Sep 2nd, '06, 13:26

Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:This is a great drama. One of the better ones that I have seen. Nice to see something good come along. I have been pretty disappointed with the recent dramas lately. Attention Please, Kurosagi, Gal Circle are/where terrible. You know its pretty sad when the JAV adult film stars in Glory Days have as much acting range as some of these idols that are starring in some of these popular dramas.
so true!!!

I just started this show today, it's awesome, man these kids' acting so skiLL...

willabui

Post by willabui » Sep 2nd, '06, 23:13

can someone please reseed the pv exile-exit for this drama? thanks

here's the link to the torrent:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_21481.htm

better yet, if someone can please upload the mv in mpeg or avi or just tell me a site where i can download it..thanks a bunch!

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Sep 7th, '06, 04:00

is it necessary to watch the specials?
is it worth watching?
or does the story end on episode 11?

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 7th, '06, 04:03

BOGCHI wrote:is it necessary to watch the specials?
is it worth watching?
The story ends in ep11...I think the specials are a kind of prequel...not sure since I havent seen them myself.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Sep 7th, '06, 04:05

WroW wrote:
is it worth watching?
The story ends in ep11...I think the specials are a kind of prequel...not sure since I havent seen them myself.
the store itself that you're watching ends at episode 11. The 2 specials are a prequel, it shows the audience how the sensei (i forgot her name!) came to be so mean. it's really quite a thing to watch... if you want to skip the specials, go ahead, but i'd recommend to watch them.

SnWa

Post by SnWa » Sep 7th, '06, 04:20

is it worth watching?
The specials are, as has been said, prequels to the series.

So, it is not necessary to watch the specials
  • unless you want to see how Akutsu-sensei became the way she is,
  • unless you want to better understand her motivation,
  • unless you want to see some phenomenal acting,
  • unless you want to see more of something really special!

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Sep 7th, '06, 04:56

it must be good, I guess I should at watch it then. thanks for the reply :D

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Sep 7th, '06, 05:21

SnWa wrote:
is it worth watching?
The specials are, as has been said, prequels to the series.

So, it is not necessary to watch the specials
  • unless you want to see how Akutsu-sensei became the way she is,
  • unless you want to better understand her motivation,
  • unless you want to see some phenomenal acting,
  • unless you want to see more of something really special!
Right. But as you watch the episodes you will want to know about her past so the prequels really show you what you want/need to know. =))

Ray masaki

Queens classroom Help

Post by Ray masaki » Sep 21st, '06, 19:49

YES this is definitly my favorite J-drama ive seen this year
or ever!
now im looking to buy it on DVD it has 10 episode with the
2 specials does any one have it the set?
or have seen the extra episodes?
the place where im thinking of getting them from has 6 episodes on DVD
and they stated this is the special episode .
some one please let me know how long is the special ? & on how many DVD,s ?
also where is the best place to buy it?

kotaeshiranaihito

Re: Queens classroom Help

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 21st, '06, 19:53

Ray masaki wrote:YES this is definitly my favorite J-drama ive seen this year
or ever!
now im looking to buy it on DVD it has 10 episode with the
2 specials does any one have it the set?
or have seen the extra episodes?
the place where im thinking of getting them from has 6 episodes on DVD
and they stated this is the special episode .
some one please let me know how long is the special ? & on how many DVD,s ?
also where is the best place to buy it?

buy? what is this "buy" you are talking about? I'm sorry, I've never heard of that word. If you want to download them, there are torrents or go to www.silentregrets.com.

hmmm, buy .... that's a funny word.

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Sep 22nd, '06, 01:04

yup this dorama is unforgetable.....i really like akutsu maya teaching method.....kowaiiiii
shida mirai was great.......looking forward for her role in 14 sai no haha

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 22nd, '06, 01:34

Yeah, I love her. I'm really looking forward to her new drama...but it's like "hmm, isn't she kinda young?" Just scary but she's just an amazing actress.
wapuro wrote:yup this dorama is unforgetable.....i really like akutsu maya teaching method.....kowaiiiii
shida mirai was great.......looking forward for her role in 14 sai no haha

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Sep 22nd, '06, 02:55

i love Mirai Shida too, that kid is so cute, her latest tv series which will be aired at the beginning of Oct is 14 sai no haha aka 14 year old mother. The boy who starred w/ her in Queen's classroom also stars in this drama. Arent they such a cute chemisty >O<. Suteki will be hardsubbing this, i'm really looking forward to it !!

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 22nd, '06, 02:59

Don't tell me he's the fool who got her pregnant? LOL! Oh my god, this is like "queen's classroom" part 2 or a spin off...hehe. Then maybe Maya can come back in the future to help her? hehe.
shinhaku wrote:i love Mirai Shida too, that kid is so cute, her latest tv series which will be aired at the beginning of Oct is 14 sai no haha aka 14 year old mother. The boy who starred w/ her in Queen's classroom also stars in this drama. Arent they such a cute chemisty >O<. Suteki will be hardsubbing this, i'm really looking forward to it !!

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Sep 22nd, '06, 03:07

last time i checked wiki info on this drama http://wiki.d-addicts.com/14_Sai_no_Haha it has this guy http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Matsukawa_Naoruki as her co-star but now i dont see him anywhere but this guy instead http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Miura_Haruma . He's too tall 170cm >_> . And yea, i guessed this is "the fool that got her pregnant" lol . I'm a bit disappointed that they changed the cast , i just like this cute couple, they also star the most recent movie which is Tantei Gakuen Q (a subbing team is working on this, hope to hear from them soon >_<). But anyways, this Miura is not bad either XDDD. He's rather too good looking XDD. Hopefully his role wont be the player type. But from the look of it, i'm not quite possitively sure that that is not possible XD

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Sep 22nd, '06, 03:36

u mean she (the character in 14 year old mother) really gave birth to the baby? the 1st impression i got is she's just playing mother to a child. well i have not read the synopsis yet...

Ray masaki

doko ka kaemasu ka

Post by Ray masaki » Sep 22nd, '06, 15:40

Hai ! BUY i really Love this J-Drama so i want the cover & everything.
i usually Buy DVD,R to tell you the truth.
theres way to much red tape for that Downloading thing - it usually doesn,t work for me Although we as J-Drama / Jap Lovers should buy actually DVD from Nihon
Shikashi ( however ) Takai desu ne ( there- expensive arn,t they?
also they don,t have English subtitles.
anyway im really looking forward to seeing the prequels.

Shana

Post by Shana » Nov 8th, '06, 11:22

what is the name of the actor playing as class president? the tallest guy in the class, the one who got punched? thanks!

gimmegmailemail

Post by gimmegmailemail » Dec 20th, '06, 01:51

wow, definitely life altering.
the show made me reconsider my views on everything...

kyli

About the name of the actor

Post by kyli » Feb 15th, '07, 05:58

I just finish the whole series along with the special im just wondering if someone knows the real actor name for the really bad kid at the last special episode that they have. His name in the drama was Eiji Miyakuchi i think but im not sure. Thank you. Hope someone reply to this

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Feb 15th, '07, 08:06

whole series and special of which drama? do you have the title of the drama?

kyli

Post by kyli » Feb 15th, '07, 14:44

ohh heheh that was stupid not mentioning the title hehe sorry bout that its the Queens Classroom you could find the kid at the last special. Thanks again

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Feb 15th, '07, 18:50

kyli

Post by kyli » Feb 15th, '07, 23:50

thank you so much.....................how did u find it cause i tried finding it but didnt find any info
ty again

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Feb 16th, '07, 00:04

I figured that because he was a main character in the episode, he would show up in the first few names during the credits. So I looked up the first name I didn't recognize, and it happened to be right.

kyli

Post by kyli » Feb 16th, '07, 00:31

you can read japanese characters

Icemisty

Post by Icemisty » Aug 21st, '07, 04:30

Does anyone has the eng subs for the SP of this drama? Been looking everywhere for it! Thanks for any help!

afiq87

Post by afiq87 » Aug 21st, '07, 16:58

just finish watching~~
Another great drama i guess~~
One of my favourites....(",)v
finding 14 sai no haha afterwards~~~hahaha
such an impressive ratings...must be a greet show~!
Mirai Shida totemo kawaii ne~~

SnWa

Post by SnWa » Aug 22nd, '07, 04:02

Icemisty wrote:Does anyone has the eng subs for the SP of this drama? Been looking everywhere for it! Thanks for any help!
This batch includes the SP's with english hardsubs:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_35271.htm

AsianMusicGuy

Post by AsianMusicGuy » Nov 2nd, '07, 01:51

Hi I'm new and i have a question well 3 actually is this: http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/Japan/produc ... D_Set_.htm
the full drama set should i order it and how reputable is the site

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 21st, '08, 00:50

WOW This is definitely a life altering drama. Didn't know a group of kids + a devilish teacher could be so addicting to watch. I was absolutely terrified of the teacher and annoyed with the kids who did bad, stupid things to Kazumi. Amami Yuki is one great actress. I knew she can do comedies from Around 40, but my god, when she acts mean, she's scary. Her psychological tricks are too intimidating and nitpicking at the weaknesses of the little kids. Shida Mirai is so cute as ever with her "Tee hee". All the kids can act and everything, even the SPs are not to be missed. Totally love this show.

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Aug 21st, '08, 03:57

I'm surprised to see this thread up.. :) I really truly love this drama.. :)

hollisterluv

Post by hollisterluv » Aug 21st, '08, 04:52

I love this drama, too. It is such a cute drama and shida mirai is such a good actor! It was funny, too. I really reccommend it.

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Aug 23rd, '08, 07:08

One of my favorites for Amami Yuki's electrifying performance, my first exposure to what I now recognize as Shida Mirai's usual cute victim shtick, and as always the incomparable Sasai Eisuke as the main boy's "grandmother." Main drawback for me was the message that kids need abusive discipline to make them into good little ganbaru achievers. Little fascist for my tastes. And the SP was just relentlessly grim and ultimately unnecessary, like any prequel.

firstriker

Post by firstriker » Dec 22nd, '08, 16:00

hey this is d'best sensei-drama i've ever seen..she's very smart n persistent

BlueIce84

Post by BlueIce84 » Dec 22nd, '08, 19:56

firstriker wrote:hey this is d'best sensei-drama i've ever seen..she's very smart n persistent
I agree! I absolutely loved this show. Finished the entire thing in about a day and a half. It was so addictive, I just couldn't stop watching.

raiskymaiFLY

Post by raiskymaiFLY » Jun 10th, '11, 07:19

Oh man, I just cried all over the place. Wonderful ending to the drama. The specials were good, too; I was curious about Maya's past (sad and horrible and awful and tear-jerking as it is) and how she became the way we see her in the drama. Also, two full episodes centering around Amami Yuuki will never be a problem to me.

I have a question: I really like the ending theme, "Exit" by Exile, but I can't seem to find a version that's like the one in the drama's ending. It starts as a sort of ballad before getting all happy and peppy, and I really like it that way. Does anyone know how to find it? I'm not in love with the OST in general, so I'd like at least one song to remind me of the drama.

Thanks, and thanks so much for subbing and uploading! I was really happy with this drama.

alga

Post by alga » Dec 11th, '11, 16:02

Hi guys, i'm gonna watch this drama since I loved Shida Mirai in Watashitachi No Kyoukashou and 14 sai no haha.
But i guess if there is a softsub version for the raws. Only hardsub? i couldn't find softsubs
Thanks in advance.