[Discussion] Ichi Ritoru no Namida

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Ichi Ritoru no Namida?

Life-Altering (5)
77%
See it (4)
19%
Probably shouldn't miss it (3)
2%
Only if you have time (2)
1%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 622

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 6th, '05, 02:50

i wish i can vote again. i vote when i just finish episode 2 and i vote see it. i should vote life altering.

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 6th, '05, 07:17

you baka :glare: , ofcourse vote for life-altering, this is such a touching jdrama! you shouldn't just vote it so careleesly just after you only seen 2 eps. But whatever....just becarefull nexttime :D i think there are also guys who want to vote it again :lol

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 6th, '05, 07:51

TT_TTSobs....sobsT_T...I think I cried a spoonful of tears watching episode 8, my face is so red and puffy, and I'm shivering uncontrollably while typing right now(well, it is partly freezing in my room.)

Memorable quote from ep08:
"To be able to smile and tell everyone this, I have at least cried one litre of tears..."
This episode turned me into a faucet. Right from the beginning, I felt my throat clogged up,
My tears started to fall freely...
when Asou-kun chased Aya and had his speech...Aya said "byebye", and Asou-kun collapsed down to ground and started crying himself...That scene was so beautifully shot where the camera suddenly zoomed out, and pollen/snow(not sure) began to fall
and finally turned me into a total wreck...
when the whole class ran after Aya, and Asou-kun sang the first two lines of "3 Gatsu 9 Ka"
Thanks Kioku for this episode, you made my day...albeit, a sad and depressing day.
What have I gotten myself into!? :cry: :cry: Not that Im regretting it; it's one of the best series this season, after all.

renko

Post by renko » Dec 6th, '05, 08:38

I was just wondering, are there only hard-subs for this drama?

Kae

Post by Kae » Dec 6th, '05, 14:05

Good thing that I have the last shift today or else all my officemates will see me crying :D

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Dec 6th, '05, 15:04

renko wrote:I was just wondering, are there only hard-subs for this drama?
so far 2 groups are working on the hardsubs
and as far I know none of these groups will be distrubing it via softsubs and no one else has voluenteer to do softsubs

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 6th, '05, 16:05

so fast one week already , the scene and preview of epi 7 stil fresh in my mind. :cry:
juz finish epi 8 about 10 minute ago

one of the best episode :thumright:

i am expecting something like this after the preview at epi 7
but once her classmate start to sing really cannot stand it my eye start to wet :cry:

3 more episode only :cry:
one part of me wish to finish it faster while another part of me dun wish it to stop :P
really weird duuno wat i am thinking :lol

11 episode too little :-(
my life wont be the same after this drama end tats for sure :pale:

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Dec 7th, '05, 08:35

I just finished watching Ep 9...

I am amazed on how well they portray Aya's spirit. Aya's character is very well acted...

Since I am male, I won't admit that I cried, but there was some heart wrenching scenes in this episode... This series does not use cheap tricks to pull for sympathy either...

After reading this thread, I find out that the Haruto character is fictional?? That is kinda disappointing, since the previews seem to show him playing a larger role in her life... I only wished that that part was real also...

Several points that I was impressed in this episode that people might miss are: Haruto's interaction with Ako at the library, and Haruto and his father's talk. I had Haruto's father pegged as the stereotypical elitist jerk role, but his advice to Haruto showed real concern for him. I am glad they included it, and they didn't make Haruto rebel too much against his father...

Kae

Post by Kae » Dec 7th, '05, 13:32

jaycee05 wrote:
when Asou-kun chased Aya and had his speech...Aya said "byebye", and Asou-kun collapsed down to ground and started crying himself...That scene was so beautifully shot where the camera suddenly zoomed out, and pollen/snow(not sure) began to fall
and finally turned me into a total wreck...
when the whole class ran after Aya, and Asou-kun sang the first two lines of "3 Gatsu 9 Ka"
I'm with you there. I haven't watched much jdorama, but this is one that I will keep close to my heart. I am making my friends watch this, too.

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Dec 8th, '05, 07:53

It's the bestest series ever mann.i mean,it's more meaningful and everythin and the dam ntears just flowed out so naturally.the cast is gr8.the otousann and okasan are so cute yet their gestures are so touching on screen esp their are for their children.
Applauds to Ako.she's just 13 yet she acts so well..

hey peeps,do u think haruto and aya will end up together?it's so sweet,the interaction between both of dem...

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 8th, '05, 13:00

silverfish wrote:It's the bestest series ever mann.i mean,it's more meaningful and everythin and the dam ntears just flowed out so naturally.the cast is gr8.the otousann and okasan are so cute yet their gestures are so touching on screen esp their are for their children.
Applauds to Ako.she's just 13 yet she acts so well..

hey peeps,do u think haruto and aya will end up together?it's so sweet,the interaction between both of dem...
ya although she have this terrible sickness but she really have a very very good family :thumleft:

her father and mother are superb and ako also become more mature and started to think of aya's welfare :wub:

her desire to study harder to join aya's school reallly touching :cry:
coz she used to be a lazy girl :P

lil_vi3t_cupid

Post by lil_vi3t_cupid » Dec 8th, '05, 15:03

i voted life alterting....very very powerful drama, which has alot of the family involved...Love it and i'm going to keep loving it!!

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Dec 8th, '05, 18:39

Just finished watching ep 9.. I can't believe how much this drama makes me cry... I can understand most of it, but can't wait for the subs!

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 8th, '05, 20:37

This drama would give inspiration to every person who has SCD or even other disabilities. It just makes sense, that they would show how a family must cope up in this situation. That's probably why they depicted Aya as a person who must try her best to be tough in a series of hurdles that she faces one after the other.
On another note, I usually vote "life altering" on dramas that I think are really good, just because it is the highest rating on the choices. But One LItre of Tears probably deserves the "life altering" vote among all other dramas that were voted life altering. It has the power to change a person's life.
Although I kinda feel ashamed, that all I can so is cry in front of a TV screen about fictional characters based on a real life story. But whenever I pass people on wheelchairs while I shop or at school, I feel sorry for them. I do hold doors or push the automatic button so they can pass...just a typical day in the mall for me. But it really never came to me what they are going through on their side of life, or what they've been through for that matter.

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Dec 9th, '05, 06:38

yea i agree.i mean,this drama gives an outlook of people who have disabilities and shows wad they are going thru.bt on the other hand,it tells people with disabilities that they're not alone.
And the drama is really intriguing as well.the dialogues so great and the last part of he show(the songs and all that)show the real Aya and that's just so touching and yet sad at the same time.the whole drama just genuinely pulls the strings of your heart.

myke

Post by myke » Dec 9th, '05, 19:55

Haiii..
Like Jaycee05 and silverfish say.i agree with them
i very agree with them ... :cheers:

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 9th, '05, 19:59

God .. i love this drama ...

till now .. i watched it till episode 7 ! :D

its sooo SAD .. but i lluv it !! :wub:

NoUnA

Post by NoUnA » Dec 9th, '05, 20:10

OMG
This drama is sooooo heartbreaking but i luv it. :cry:

I watched till ep8 and im dying to see ep9.

I give this drama 10 thumbs up. :thumleft: :thumleft:

kiyami

Post by kiyami » Dec 9th, '05, 20:35

This is definately going to be one of my all-time favorites. :)

I love this drama. It always seems to make me smile and cry. It's bittersweet to me. The ending with the pictures and the song, it makes me cry. :cry: I really like the last picture that they always show. I doubt I could stay optimistic and brave if I ever had this disease.

Episode 8 was one of my favorite episodes, but I got really emotional in episode 6 when...
those kids started to make fun of Aya, it really got to me. I got so angry at those insensitive kids! :cussing:
After seeing episode 8 I really wonder what's going to happen especially seeing the preview. v__v I can't wait!
Although I wonder what's going to happen to her relationship with her friends. Is it just going to end there or are they still going to be friends. I wonder how Aya's going to adapt to going to the new school too and her relationship with Asou.

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Dec 10th, '05, 19:06

I absolutely adore this drama. Probably the most memorable J-dorama of 2005 and for me personally. It really hit a nerve watching this series after a friend recommended for me to watch this (I admit to liking sad tear-jerker dramas). The title is definitely true to its words, the production crew really did an excellent job in provoking the emotions of the viewer without trying too hard.

The cast is amazing, I have no complaints about them at all. Really am attached to every character and there's not really a bad person in there. Sometimes, the actions of others like Kawamoto-senpai's rejection of Aya seemed selfish and cruel at first after knowing of her illness but then you can understand everyone is having a hard time accepting it and there's no one to blame. I love how to family, especially the parents are so supportive and bonding together.

One thing that saddens me which I have mentioned on other 1 Litre threads on other forums is that it makes me sad to think that Haruto is really a fictional character. I keep having to remind myself to make the distinction between fact and the drama but I just don't want to believe that Aya and Haruto didn't happen, that he wasn't a real person there for the real Aya...

I never really thought much about Ryo-kun in NEWS because I had other faves or eye-candy and reading several times that he sort of has a mean-mouth sometimes but in this drama, he's definitely changed my view of him. So I will continue watching him as well as the other casts like Erika-chan.

I so can't wait for the remaining episodes but I don't want it to end either. I'm too attached. The OST is lovely too, it's on loop playback and I don't get sick of it at all. I see all the memorable scenes with each song. I love Konayuki (piano) and Anata Ga Oshiete Kure Tamono best. I wish I could find the piano sheets to them, lovely songs.

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 11th, '05, 00:24

just finish ep 9-chinese sub version 10 min ago :D
hondoni amazing!!! :roll
but i dun know y, i didnt cried so much in this eps!? maybe i ve waited too long for this ep :scratch: ( there before i watched those 8 eps in one breath!)
so i decided to wait the whole serie is out and then just watch it.
but now i m confuse, in one part I want this serie wont be end so soon, but in other part i really want to see the remaining eps, it just soooo heartbreaking!!! :goggle:

oh~~ i ve already cried about 1liter of tears for this drama, i hope the 2 remaining eps will bring me a 1000 litre of tears!!!!! :cheers:

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 11th, '05, 03:57

final_eric wrote:just finish ep 9-chinese sub version 10 min ago :D

but now i m confuse, in one part I want this serie wont be end so soon, but in other part i really want to see the remaining eps, it just soooo heartbreaking!!! :goggle:

oh~~ i ve already cried about 1liter of tears for this drama, i hope the 2 remaining eps will bring me a 1000 litre of tears!!!!! :cheers:
ya me too :D
but if the drama drag too long then it will lose its magic

but still 11 episode just too little because the real aya live till 25
therefore should have alot to talk about :lol

ps: got to admit with what thaigerl, the cast was amazing :thumleft:

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 11th, '05, 04:31

Yeah, I just checked out episode 9, it's not so bad...but that's just cause the preview for 10 is like...damn. Some of you will really cry and be like...damn...damn...

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 11th, '05, 08:07

only 2 more episode left.the subs is out tmwr in kioku.i can't wait for it.hehehe.it's the first series that i watched raw. usually i just wait for the subtitles but for this series its different. i want to watch again and again in winter break.

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Dec 11th, '05, 09:09

I Absolutely loved this series. My bf is japanese, and loved it too, but maybe that's only because he could understand what was going on. [fob] :]
but I thought it was a great series anyways, i've only watched up to episode 8 from PBfansubs and kioku, and am hoping to see more, i'm dying to see what is going to happen in episode 9. [saw preview]
This series made me cry, a lot...i don't know why, but a lot in episode 4 and episode 8.
and Ryo, is so cute, even though they're only about 15, he seems to take good care of Aya, *cough*
<3 :wub:

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Dec 11th, '05, 15:24

yea.totally agreed.one thing tho,the series's ratings aren't as good as other series(nobuta..)mayb cos of the day it's aired.just a thought.
But i think wad realli gets us in the drama is the reality of it.and the fact that the society can be cruel yet heart-warming depending on the perspective.

For me,i think the most depressing part was when mari and saki both made hurtful comments abt aya.it's like the ppl u depended most in sch saying u were troublesome.i won't b able ta take it if i were her..definite.Then, it got me thinking.if haruto(like someone said before)is just fictional,then the real Aya must have had tonnes of courage ta face all these things.I'm like BRAVO.realli.it shows ppl not to give up and look optimistically.I LOVE THIS DRAMA(hontoni sugoi?)

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 11th, '05, 18:20

i found out tat almost 90% of the ppl that watch this drama rate this among the best drama they ever watch including me :wub:

this drama really very nice, i will watch all 11 epi at once after all the epi finish release :P
watching one epi per week really torturing :cry:

got to stock some tissue :P

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Dec 11th, '05, 21:06

broken_string wrote:i found out tat almost 90% of the ppl that watch this drama rate this among the best drama they ever watch including me :wub:

this drama really very nice, i will watch all 11 epi at once after all the epi finish release :P
watching one epi per week really torturing :cry:

got to stock some tissue :P
it really really is a great drama
gahh yes lots of tissue!
gahhh i watched like 8 episodes in the course of like 3 days and it's killing me to find out what happens next :alcoholic:
its driving me nuts
so i guess it is best to wait until the whole series comes out before watching it, that way you dont have to kill yourself waiting -hits head-

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Dec 11th, '05, 23:58

This drama is so sad!! makes me wana cry :cry:

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 12th, '05, 05:08

epi 9 will be release today :wub: cant wait to :cry: :p

looking forward to it :D

thanks to all subbers and seeders arigato

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Dec 12th, '05, 05:12

I'm sorry to say this ><
but we at kioku might have to release episode 9 a day later than planned
we just caught a slight error in translation so the encoder (who has been encoding already) will have to re-encode the episode when she wakes up ><
thou we'll try our best to get ep9 out before ep10 raw is out
gomen minna

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 12th, '05, 05:30

cereza wrote:I'm sorry to say this ><
we just caught a slight error in translation so the encoder (who has been encoding already) will have to re-encode the episode when she wakes up ><
gomen minna
its ok :-)

actually we are very grateful already

take ur time :wub:

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 12th, '05, 05:50

cereza wrote:I'm sorry to say this ><
gomen minna
Dont be sorry...dont rush...dont mind us at all...we'll be here whenever it's ready :mrgreen: ...and thanks for all the releases...there's no thread to thank u here coz the torrents are offsite...but know that we are very grateful for the hard work u've been puttin in :-)

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 12th, '05, 07:47

well I can give a synopsis of chapter 9 if you guys want. And the synopsis for the eps 10 preview.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 12th, '05, 12:37

Adding my comment hereto since I got a hint as to where it was. (the thread that is)

This is probably one of the sadest doramas I've seen in my life.
(Including all countries I've watched TV in and thats quite a few).

For all those of you asking for a tear filled session, this show is a must see.
If the story line in itself doesn't get to you, the credit lines, intro titles, and quotes from the real life Aya will.

Really an eye opener that makes you realize, waiting for new shows to be seeded, or bumping your knee on the bus to work, is not the worst that can happen to you.

About the disease...

I did a search for more information about it on google but found mostly generic medical information, except a few blog messages from concerned relatives.

I also tried to look up more about Aya in real life, whom this show is based on.
I struck out and there was no information to be found from google.
I guess their doing a good job protecting her memory from the fans of this show.
Or I simply have to search in Japanese.

My thoughts and thanks go out to Aya's family who allowed the making of this dorama.

A thank you to those who subbed it so I can understand it, and to those who brought it to us here.

And, a thank you to the whole cast, for taking on the responsibilities comming with this particular show. Definitely an item to get in to my next DVD shoping list.

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Dec 12th, '05, 12:39

Yes, take your time cereza and staff at kioku fansubs. Appreciate your hardwork already.

There are episode sypnosises at wiki.d-addicts.com http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichi_Ritoru_n ... sisEpisode already but if impression151 wants to give his own summary, I don't mind reading it also.

Can't wait for ep 10.

saffy

Post by saffy » Dec 12th, '05, 13:00

eh chotto!! tina where are you!! >_<;; wow... lucky I decided to check this thread now hahaha... Hai minna encoder here! Actually I woke up earlier but I just got back from my doctors appointment *coughcoughI'mnotskivingIreallyamsickcoughcough*

Okok... I'll hold off uploading until I get word from you about this ok? ^_^

Minna thanks for the support. Basically we can make the changes today, I'll encode and upload hopefully by sometime tonight. NB: Saffy works on UK timing :P

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 12th, '05, 19:47

ah nm, that's a real good synopsis. But I'll give you guys the synopsis of the preview for eps 10 and why I can't wait for it..
Starts off with Aya giving Asou a Love Letter and you can tell she has a real problem with speech now, now that she had to pronounce each syllable really slowly. Next is a scene of Asou visiting Aya at the hospital but she is on the floor and urine is leaking from uncontrollably. Next scene is Aya crying in the hospital with her mother holding her. She says "Daisukete (?), Okaasan". I think that's how you spell it and no, I don't know what that means (Really scared?). Next scene has Aya at a wedding and she has the boquet of flowers the bride throws. Next is a scene of her having graduated from the disability school. Then its Dr. Mizuno trying to clear Aya's throat with a tube because she's choking. Now we see Asou reading the letter and crying. Last scene is Aya in a hospital bed with her mom, dad, and Mizuno and she asks "Can I ever get married?"
And that's why I can wait for eps 10, it's gonna be soooo damn sad.

Oh, I would like to thank the Kioku team and Saffy for your hard work!

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 12th, '05, 23:44

ooh this is a sad drama? hiii im goin to watch it then!!! do u know of any clubbox that has it? thanks ^^

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Dec 12th, '05, 23:55

impression151 wrote:
Next scene is Aya crying in the hospital with her mother holding her. She says "Daisukete (?), Okaasan". I think that's how you spell it and no, I don't know what that means (Really scared?)
In that scene what Aya said and meant was...
"Tasukete, Okaasan" which means "Help me, mom"
Yeah can't wait for the next episode.

@sunmoon: you can get clubbox link at www.kiokukonseki.com

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 13th, '05, 00:25

ah okay okay, thanks. Tasukete, it makes sense now ahah.

Kae

Post by Kae » Dec 13th, '05, 06:55

I already made two of my colleagues fans of the show. Yehey! :) Thank you for all the effort of the subbers and encoders. I am planning to hold until I get all of the last three episodes, but knowing me I might not be able to wait till then. I will try though :)

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 13th, '05, 08:46

does anyone know where I can grab the raw of eps 10? The fastest way to get the episode that i know of is Chinese subs by subpig.

edit: thanks saffy for uploading it to jpopsuki. Too bad its 12:37 western time and I don't think any of the admins are on to unpend it...

ninhnv

Post by ninhnv » Dec 13th, '05, 10:00

:O You can download raw-ep in d-addicts. Chinese subbed ep is release only 2 days after raw-ep is on air....

sutafairu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sutafairu » Dec 13th, '05, 10:17

lol, the torrent on Jpopsuki should be up and running by the time I get up. Gotta love pending torrents! Arigatou saffy for always encoding!

And really, the Chinese subs and raws are up within a day of the airing of the raw episode at least by my time.. though sometime I wish SUBPIG wouldn't do RMVB files.. TVBT does AVI though.

ninhnv

Post by ninhnv » Dec 13th, '05, 10:32

now, it's 4h30pm 13/12 in Vietnam. :-( Don't know when we can download the torrent of kioku from Jpopsuki. To night....... download ep10-raw.......... and try to keep calm...............

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Dec 13th, '05, 11:45

heyy,can anyone tell me where the chinese subbed releases by subpig are found?lyk where they post it once it's done?cos i cant find it :-( (first tym i'm downoading chinese see..)
Your help is gr8tly appreciated.THANKS~

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 13th, '05, 11:56

silverfish wrote:heyy,can anyone tell me where the chinese subbed releases by subpig are found?lyk where they post it once it's done?cos i cant find it :-( (first tym i'm downoading chinese see..)
Your help is gr8tly appreciated.THANKS~
go to their main website!!! http://www.tvbt.com.cn
u can find the BT of the latest eps 1 day after released in Japan

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Dec 13th, '05, 12:10

Thans.but my com cant encode chinese. :-( any english websites dey post on too?(like subpig or sth?)THANKS!

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Dec 13th, '05, 14:11

gomen for the wait..
jpopsuki is still pending the torrent *sobs*
but for those who can use clubbox and doesn't want to wait
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/absolutebaka/qf235

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 14th, '05, 01:06

i just watched the first ep and i hav to admit that its really sad :( i dun like her father tho ...
sigh i wish all dramas could be meaningful like this ... thatd be so great
umm i luv the ending song 2 does any1 know of a clubbox that has it? thanks
o btw i didnt like sechusin um i dunno how to spell it - well its crying out loud in the center of the world ... i didnt see the chemistry between the actors in the first few eps... and it was still more like acting...
but this drama seems to be so real ... it ll definitely be better than sekushin (urgh cryin out loud...) :D

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 14th, '05, 01:31

sunmoon wrote:i just watched the first ep and i hav to admit that its really sad :( i dun like her father tho ...
whatyatalkinabout? The father is hilarious. He is the comedic factor in this drama. You'll see when you watch more episodes. The insert songs and ending song are all on D-A's tracker.

The first part of episode 9 is so funny...It still makes me laugh everytime I remember it :lol
Aya's otousan imitating Asou kun. "Ikeuchi Aya!" and singing 3 gatsu 9 ka's first two lines like how Asou did
But after that part is just all sad and scary...to witness the disease jump in yet another level.
I was afraid that he would leave her in the end. But he didnt :heart: I was also glad that Asou's father isn't against their relationship, like how it was at first in Sekachu.
All in all, it is another episode that would leave you tomato-faced but with Aya's ending words, there's nothing but hope and brightness. Tough kid.
Thanks Kioku :wub: :wub:

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 14th, '05, 02:29

eps 10 is gonna be awesome.
Haruto's Dad was never against the relationship, he just didn't want his son to go through the pain of another death. If not death, being the head doctor, he already knew what was going to happen to Aya and he didn't think Haruto could handle it. He didn't want him to be like the rest of the classmates.
[/spoiler]

keroro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by keroro » Dec 14th, '05, 03:13

would stem cells be able to cure aya's disease?

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 14th, '05, 09:52

my tears are flowing.i've seen episode 10 and now i can't stop crying.. :cry:
Last edited by milleu87 on Dec 14th, '05, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 14th, '05, 09:52

Yeah, it would. The thing about stem cells is that they are cells that can differentiate into any type of cell in our body. So it would rebuild her cerebrum and such. But the problem is, our research isn't that far. We don't really know which genes and DNA parts make the stem cells grow into whatever cells they are. But this is only based on what I know about stem cells, I haven't done any real research on the thing other than attending my biol major courses.

I'm not really sure why people are protesting it though.

Hah, didn't I tell you guys eps 10 is gonna be one sad ass episode. I'm not really sure about the tear flowing quality of the last episode though.
So there was a 2 year jump from the end of eps 8 to 10? And Ako is starting her second year at Higashiku?

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 14th, '05, 15:06

epi 9 is really nice :wub:

its good to see aya and asou progress so well :D
i manage not to cry for the whole epi 9 :lol

but i cant stop crying after watching the preview for epi 10 :cry:

ninhnv

Post by ninhnv » Dec 14th, '05, 15:14

Watched ep10-raw :cry:
After downloading completed, I had to wait 15 minutes so I can prepare my spirit well. From ep9 to ep10 seem time runs past fast. Ako was in second year at school and Haruto went to University. Haruto visits Aya daily and give Aya a small tree. It's so pretty. Now, Aya can't speak fluently and writting is a difficulty. Aya was fallen down and unable to stand up so ............ you see what you saw in the preview of ep9. Shameful Cry Aya was disaponted and declined. She tried to call Haruto but She couldn't press buttons on the telephone. Shameful Cry She fell asleep in the corridor of the hospital. Aya's mother advised her something so she could take back her spirit. Aya's family and Haruto went to Fujimura-sensei's wedding. (She and Takano-san got married and Aya was got flowers from the bride. At sunset, Aya gave a love letter to Haruto. While she was coming back hospital, there were some problems with her breathing. Sad Seem Aya's health is getting down so fast. I didn't understand what Aya wrote for Haruto but she gave the dolphin hook back Haruto Shameful Cry aaaaaaaaaaaa She feel sorry for Haruto

Preview of ep11 doesn't have any sadness. I can see that Haruto is always beside Aya wherever she is. But....... seem Aya will be unable to talk and have to use an alphabet board. Shameful Cry

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 14th, '05, 15:23

sorry double post :cry:

airskape

Post by airskape » Dec 14th, '05, 15:47

omg i cant believe i didnt watch this earlier :scratch:
i just watched ep 1 and its really sad!! :cry:
the preview for ep 2 looks even more sad

i like this more than hana yori dango and nobuta wo produce :salut:

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 14th, '05, 17:07

airskape wrote:omg i cant believe i didnt watch this earlier :scratch:
i just watched ep 1 and its really sad!! :cry:
the preview for ep 2 looks even more sad

i like this more than hana yori dango and nobuta wo produce :salut:
hi welcome to the big family :P

epi 1 is not tat serious in term of tear jerking

i think u need to stock more tissue for the following episode :cry: :lol

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Dec 17th, '05, 18:04

impression151 wrote: I'm not really sure why people are protesting it though.
Because they are taken from unborn children. In the phase were the cells are only getting more and the function of them is not decided yet. That's the reason why lots of people are protesting.
They say that researchers kill a baby for doing some experiments.

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 17th, '05, 19:52

ohhh okay, that makes alot of sense. But then again, if those babies were going to be aborted, might as well let the babies have a purpose in their short lives.

Look at Peta, they fight against animal cruelty yet they're willing to use medicines that were tested on animals before released into the open market.

But that's life, some have to die so that others can live.

sutafairu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sutafairu » Dec 18th, '05, 02:58

It's more of a debate over whether cells in the multiplying stage can be considered 'life'. A similar argument can be brought up with abortion. In the labs, they don't use what we would think of as 'babies' for stem cell research at least from the papers that I've read. Most everything is done with cell cultures. I could probably ask on of my friends about this since she did stem cell research for breast cancer.

At the same time, there is lots of research being done to see exactly what factors direct differentiation in stem cells. We know certain pathways but there's a lot that we don't know yet. Nerves can be regenerated though.. and there's even still debate over whether we, as people, can regenerate our own nerves. It was originally thought that once our nerves died, they wouldn't regrow, but we have evidence that contradicts that.

Gotta love genetics.. ^^;

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 18th, '05, 07:46

either way i will always support stem cell research though... human lives are the most valuable things so if u can save human thru sm kind of cells whether it is "life" or not i still think its reasonable enough
anyway just watched ep 5 and it was soo sad... i think its gettin to the tear jerkin part ... sigh now it just appears to me how lucky i am to be able to be alive... from now on i swear ill run laugh and do everythin as much as i can
never know when u might get an accident and become disabled.... so its best to treasure life as it is now :wub:
such a sad movie... is it still on air in japan? :cry:

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 18th, '05, 09:50

yes, last eps airs this coming tuesday. And yes, you have reached the part of the drama where everything goes downhill.

innocentrules

Post by innocentrules » Dec 18th, '05, 12:25

Can anyone tell me where to dl this drama other than absolutebaka? Thanks

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 18th, '05, 18:42

RAWs here, PBF subs here or their website (check out link on the left sidebar), or at jpopsuki for kioku subs which are up to eps 9 and 10 should be released tomorrow.

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 18th, '05, 20:40

well, tomorrow is the big day

its goona end :cry:
i am goona miss those "looking forward to monday release" day :P

my rating 10/10 :wub:

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Dec 18th, '05, 21:20

wait aren't there 11 episodes?

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 18th, '05, 23:24

yes, but that airs tuesday....meaning the monday after the coming one will be the last "looking forward to monday release" day by kioku

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Dec 19th, '05, 02:51

oh lol that's what she meant.
gahh.
:]

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 19th, '05, 04:37

i will still dl PB's one :wub:
wana collect both version :lol:

got to prepare myself mentally for the epi 10 :cry:
it doesnt look good on the preview :-(

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 20th, '05, 09:25

There's one scene here(ep10) that is similar to "A Moment To Remember, a Korean movie about a woman with Alzheimer's. The only difference with the scene was that Aya is fully aware of the situation which makes it more disconcerting. I felt so incredibly sorry for her. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm talking about that scene when she wet her pants.
One more to go...and it looks like another tearjerker from the previews. I havent stopped crying since episode 6...but now my heart feels heavier too after watching ep10.
The episode closes with everyone crying, and even Aya's ending words are depressing.
I wonder what would become of me after the finale. T_T

Thanks Kioku for another rittoru no namida! :heart:

airskape

Post by airskape » Dec 20th, '05, 15:56

omg ep 10 is so sad.. :cry: :cry: :cry:
one more to go!