[Discussion] Ichi Ritoru no Namida

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Ichi Ritoru no Namida?

Life-Altering (5)
77%
See it (4)
19%
Probably shouldn't miss it (3)
2%
Only if you have time (2)
1%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 622

arthaha

Post by arthaha » Apr 20th, '06, 12:56

saffy wrote:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this... demo... well I just thought I'd post here that Kioku Fansubs would like to re-release this as a DVD version. But obviously the DVDs cost a bomb. We've raised about 50 US in donations so far, but would greatly appreciate any other help we can get because we still need about about 150. The DVD is due for release at the end of the month (April).
What do u mean by "re-release this as a DVD version"?

saffy

Post by saffy » Apr 20th, '06, 13:07

arthaha wrote:
saffy wrote:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this... demo... well I just thought I'd post here that Kioku Fansubs would like to re-release this as a DVD version. But obviously the DVDs cost a bomb. We've raised about 50 US in donations so far, but would greatly appreciate any other help we can get because we still need about about 150. The DVD is due for release at the end of the month (April).
eh? I mean... "re-release this as a DVD version" I'm not sure what you want me to explain gomen ne >_<;; Kioku Fansubs finished our fansub of the whole series months ago with a TV-rip source. Now we want to re-release with higher quality video and subs using DVD source hence... "re-release this as a DVD version".

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Apr 20th, '06, 14:59

arthaha wrote:
Kathleen wrote:
robetella wrote:Kathleen: i have the mp3 of Sangatsu Kokonoka by Remioromen. U want it?
Thanks, that's sweet but I've actually downloaded Remiromen's version already a while back. What I'm looking for is the choirus version, the one that everyone's singing in episode 3 I think.
I think this is the version your looking for. Its when the class is at the choir competion. The father talks in it a bit because this is actually a rip from the video file.

I uploaded it onto my site: http://arthur.gundams.net/39.mp3

Woah! Great!! :cheers: Thanks so much. I'll download it as soon as I'm home. *stuck at school again*

arthaha

Post by arthaha » Apr 20th, '06, 20:41

saffy wrote:
arthaha wrote:
eh? I mean... "re-release this as a DVD version" I'm not sure what you want me to explain gomen ne >_<;; Kioku Fansubs finished our fansub of the whole series months ago with a TV-rip source. Now we want to re-release with higher quality video and subs using DVD source hence... "re-release this as a DVD version".
ooo.. ic

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173
Location: Issyk-KuL&#1050;&#1099;&#1088;&#1075;&#1099;&#1079;&#1089;&#1090;&am

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 21st, '06, 03:38

I just finish watching this drama today....OMG :cry: :cry: I can't stop crying,i cry in each episode....this drama is the best drama that i ever watch in this year....i really really NOT regret buying the dvd....the story is really sad & touching.... :cry: :cry: I watch this drama the whole night until next morning :crazy: ...i just can't stop watching this drama :cry: I love this drama so much....well for me....this drama is the best japanese drama in 2006....luv it so much.... :roll :whistling: :cheers: :lol :w000t: :heart: XD :wub:
Last edited by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 on Apr 24th, '06, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.

jaccie

Post by jaccie » Apr 22nd, '06, 11:38

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qtjq9n - march 9

some treats for u guys =D the version which ryo started singing =D

-credit to Hatsue

Xiouyi

Post by Xiouyi » Apr 22nd, '06, 15:48

is there subtittle available for this series??
sorry being such a noob =,='

PoiPoi

Post by PoiPoi » Apr 22nd, '06, 17:39

Xiouyi wrote:is there subtittle available for this series??
sorry being such a noob =,='
well there are hardsubs by Kioku... but i don't think they are on d-addicts tracker? think they are on jpopsuki tracker...

http://www.kiokukonseki.com <--- there you'll find torrents and cb links

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Apr 23rd, '06, 03:55

saffy wrote:
arthaha wrote:
that is good news 8)
thanks alot :salut:

are u goona release it on torrent ? :unsure:
anyway thanks alot for ur hardwork :lol
arthaha wrote:im been looking for the movie version of "ichi rittoru no namida" for the longest time..........anyone have a torrent???
i have the movie but havent watch it yet
reason no time and all ta feedback i got is tat its sux compare to the drama
the gal acting as aya in it is the gal inside the drama which have the same disease as erika. :-)

Xiouyi

Post by Xiouyi » Apr 23rd, '06, 04:44

arigatou gosaimash poipoi...=D

arthaha

Post by arthaha » Apr 23rd, '06, 05:27

broken_string wrote: i have the movie but havent watch it yet
did u get it from a torrent or somewhere else?
broken_string wrote: the gal acting as aya in it is the gal inside the drama which have the same disease as erika. :-)
lol...i didnt know that. :-)

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Apr 24th, '06, 05:07

arthaha wrote:
broken_string wrote: the gal acting as aya in it is the gal inside the drama which have the same disease as erika. :-)
got it from torrent :lol

lacan

Post by lacan » Apr 24th, '06, 06:25

can anyone post the link to the torrent for the movie? tks in advance.

arthaha

Post by arthaha » Apr 24th, '06, 23:17

broken_string wrote:
arthaha wrote:
got it from torrent :lol
could you post it somewhere.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 25th, '06, 04:01

^ Please don't request for links to download movies and definitely DO NOT post direct links to movie downloads (including torrents, emule, etc). This is part of our no movies policy.

If you're looking for asian movies, please check the following threads:
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links

bAkaBaKasHiiGurL

Post by bAkaBaKasHiiGurL » Apr 25th, '06, 04:10

hey there a movie version of ichi rittoru no namida?... so who is the cast.. is it something recent of kind of old?

anyway...love this drama very much... great cast to potray the plot... really make me cry for every single episode... it just so sad and touching...

oh i found this blog where someone translate aya real diary in eng...

arthaha

Post by arthaha » Apr 26th, '06, 02:38

bAkaBaKasHiiGurL wrote: oh i found this blog where someone translate aya real diary in eng...
yes...that was posted a while back..

crim009

Post by crim009 » Apr 28th, '06, 00:22

Just finished watching this drama...wow was every episode sad or what!? The acting was superb by all the actors and it was very believable. Erika is like the cutest actress and did an excellent job as well! Must continue to watch her performances...btw, did anyone find this scene just unbearbly touching and sad??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCe5xBd49A :cry: :cry:

Duet

Post by Duet » Apr 28th, '06, 00:27

I literally cried like 10 litres ofs tears.

chunny

Post by chunny » Apr 30th, '06, 12:18

I cried alll the way...It was just soooo touching!!!!I couldn't help myself~!!!
Erika did a good job...and all the others too! :D

Guan

Post by Guan » Apr 30th, '06, 16:36

This dodrama is sooo touching!!! i cant believe that i was wiping my tears most of the time.
any1 got "only human" song? i like it a lot

Duet

Post by Duet » May 1st, '06, 02:07

they have the entire OST for download here so maybe go look for it?

arthaha

Post by arthaha » May 1st, '06, 03:00

Guan wrote:This dodrama is sooo touching!!! i cant believe that i was wiping my tears most of the time.
any1 got "only human" song? i like it a lot
there are some songs on my website http://arthur.gundams.net

fiela

Post by fiela » May 15th, '06, 04:33

i luv this drama!!!
i never thought that sad drama can be this good
so most of the time i avoid seeing sad drama
but 1 Liter of tear is different
& Asou kun..hehe.. i like 2 see him crying

babakubo

Post by babakubo » May 15th, '06, 22:41

Man, I didn't cry once, and I'm a pretty sensitive guy (SekaChu and Ima Ai have made me cry :cry: ). So I know I'm a minority, but I didn't like 1 Litre that much. I posted a lengthy review about why a few days ago on my blog (PLUG! ^^v), but in short, there's just too much dramatic irony. I also felt a bit uncomfortable that it was a true story and they were making all these changes like casting a model as Aya, and adding all that boyfriend stuff to a story that's probably boyfriendless. It got much better after Episode 8 when the dramatic irony was gone and the cast and writers stepped up their game, but I wish I didn't have to sit through 7 bad episodes to get to it.

I'm interested in seeing the movie, though -- maybe a more concised version of the story would work better.

Anyway, hope you guys see this as constructive criticism, I mean it's not a bad drama, just not exactly life-altering, IMO. Regardless, thanks to Kioku fansubs for doing a great job subbing it!

DITA

Post by DITA » May 21st, '06, 11:42

great drama. family oriented with many motivational elements. not a love story

i just happen to know that asou-kun was a fictional character for the drama. no wonder his character seldomly can be seen. i been wondering why they done create stronger character for him. well, i might been better if they don't overdone it a bit with asou-kun character as he's only fictional. however his appearance does make it sweeter and sadder to be watch...

i love episode 8 expecially at the very end where aya and haruto cry on the bridge. when she said gudbye, its really sad and i does shed tears. oh it sad too in ep1 when she try to confirm with the doctor about her disease.she trying very hard to be strong but cant hardly stop tears from flowing...

the songs was great too. i notice that the song in the drama wasnt the ending song right?what the title of those?

seing this drama make me wanna watch jdrama again...it had been quite some time

esthyun

Post by esthyun » May 22nd, '06, 14:51

hi... this drama rocks!!! :wub:

sorry i tried to search around the forum for wallpapers of this drama, but i can't find any.
can someone upload some wallpapers or link to wallpapers for me?

thanks a lot in advance.

chaosfox123

Post by chaosfox123 » May 23rd, '06, 16:21

Erh... Hi everybody. 1 Litre of Tears was an absolute amazing J-Drama IMO and I'm so glad I've seen it. I re-watched the last episode yesterday and relised that the date of the death of Aya was May 23rd (Which is today). R.I.P Kitou Aya.

kyothib

Post by kyothib » May 23rd, '06, 17:39

I agree with you ushiushi when you say "you felt a bit uncomfortable that it was a true story" because that's true they changed a lot of stuff. As far as I know the story with Asô kun was made out furthermore they chose a former model to play the role of Aya but when people makes a drama the only thing they probably think of is probably making money. I wish I get it wrong but it's just how it is now and if they had chose a script nearer to reality it probably wouldn't have sold as well as it did.
Still I really loved this drama, maybe because I'm a kind of oversensitive guy who like making himself cry by watching sad dramas. I assume Ayas's parents gave their assent and I hope some of the money from this drama would be given to charities as I read somewhere on the thread.
I also would like to throw the light on sometimes I read a lots of time in this forum that is people saying I'm in love with Erika she is so much "kawaii" and forgetting about the fact that it is based on a true story, some of one would say the producer are to blame, and I guess they would be right.
In a way It's a pity to use a sad true story to make money especially if to do so you omit or add elements to make it sell better. However, as for me, this drama made me think a lot about life and relativize. I still regret that people, and I'm the first, are so influenced by the physical aspect of the actors but what can we do ?

Sarki

Post by Sarki » May 23rd, '06, 20:03

I didn't bother to read ushiushi's whole review, but I'd like to point out what the Japanese (in general) thought of this drama. Oricon's Satisfaction Rating for 2005's last trimester.

I mean, I don't get what you guys are complaining about. Too much dramatism? That's just how it is. Mental illnesses can perfectly kill somebody's life for around 20 years.

Oh, and I've heard that the movie does not, not even by close, equal the greatness of the drama. So if you felt disappointed with it, don't know what you're gonna think about the movie.

And I don't think the usage of Erika was just for the sake of making more money. I mean, as much it is true I've fallen in love with her, Ônishi Asae (Oikawa Asumi in the drama) is also very cute, and I also love her. Plus, come to look at this way. If they had put an unattractive actress, probably you would pity her less, so the intention of the drama (which was also sending you a message rather than just "making money") would have been less efficient. They just had to create a nice, life-enjoying girl. It's like, what if the girl was someone who did nothing? You'd be thinking: Blah, you wouldn't have done anything special anyways. Thinks like belonging to the basketball club are very important.

Hell, I've written too much :scratch: I don't even think it makes sense at all :roll

DITA, there are two other songs, Sangatsu Kokonoka & Konayuki. I can upload them if you want them :-)

Hero

Post by Hero » May 23rd, '06, 21:55

Just finished watching this drama a few days ago. Its such a great drama. Every episode was sad and made me shed a lot of tears :cry:
Im so glad i've seen this great drama and thank you Kioku Fansubs for doing a great translation.
It has some of the best music as well, 3 gatsu 9 ka, konayuki, I've been lsitening to them all the time now.
I find the ending theme song Only Human too sad to listen to though.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » May 23rd, '06, 21:57

i cried buckets for this series.

but it introduced me to Nishikido Ryou. :lol *wink wink
Last edited by angeizahoy on May 23rd, '06, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

xtinax3

Post by xtinax3 » May 23rd, '06, 22:43

Nishikido was hott x]]

this series is sooo sad ;_; get tissues ready on episodes 10 and 11.. i cried through both of them xP

oh and i thought K was a korean singer?

raspb3rry

Post by raspb3rry » May 24th, '06, 07:25

I really loved the OST, and cried in almost all the epiosdes :'(. The thing that made it more said is that it is based on a true story. It's a pity that Ryo's character doesn't exist in real life~ My mum loved it as well ^^ (she was translating all the way for me hehe).

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » May 24th, '06, 18:19

Hi I heard a lot about thid drama and so I also wanted to watch it, but I don't know where I can get the subs?! Was it subbed or is it only aviable raw?

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » May 24th, '06, 18:35

you can get it from jpopsuki.it was subbed by kioku and released there

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » May 24th, '06, 20:19

Yup I saw on Kioku that it was subbed, but they don't say on wich clubbox it is :cry: !! There isn't any jpopsuki.it...

Bille!

Post by Bille! » May 24th, '06, 22:16

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Jun 4th, '06, 05:54

Man I was introduced to this drama from a friend and I fell in love with it at the first minute I started watching it and just slowly cried more and more throughout the drama... Because it is really really sad for Aya to get such disease buts till put up such a fight to be 'normal' and Ryou was the only one treating her as if she was normal which was the sweetest thing ever even though some people might have thought the way he was showing his care might have been mean.

P.S. Does anyone happen to have like screencaps/pictures of these series that I might be able to use as Wallpapers? Thanks in advance.

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Jun 4th, '06, 07:30

Sarki wrote:I didn't bother to read ushiushi's whole review, but I'd like to point out what the Japanese (in general) thought of this drama. Oricon's Satisfaction Rating for 2005's last trimester.
Belated comment, hope you're still following this thread. ^^

Actually, later on in my review, I said that the last four episodes of the show changed my mind and I realized that the drama was good and did have good intentions. I still ended up giving it a 5 out of 10 though because I didn't like the first 7 episodes that much, just way too much dramatic irony.

Whoa, I didn't know Oricon rated dramas. Thanks for the link! Out of the 3 dramas I've seen on that list, I think Nobuta is better than 1 Litre, but 1 Litre is definitely better than Hana Yori Dango.
kyothib wrote:I agree with you ushiushi when you say "you felt a bit uncomfortable that it was a true story" because that's true they changed a lot of stuff. As far as I know the story with Asô kun was made out furthermore they chose a former model to play the role of Aya but when people makes a drama the only thing they probably think of is probably making money.
Thanks for reading and adding some insight! Honestly, I think I shifted my opinion a little about the show in the last four episodes which I think were well intentioned. Still, the previous episodes did make me uncomfortable, too. I wonder if the studio got complaints from viewers, since they added that "The characters are fictiotious. Medical staff were consulted." disclaimer at the end midway. ;) (Though that disclaimer might've been there since Ep 1, maybe I just didn't notice it . .)

natesque

Post by natesque » Jun 4th, '06, 08:44

I finished this drama this morning, and now, 6 hours later my eyes are still swollen.

Does anyone know if DVDs with english subtitles have been released for this drama or not? If so, a reliable source to buy it from - that would deliver/sell in Australia?

Thank you!

Sarki

Post by Sarki » Jun 5th, '06, 14:04

natesque wrote:I finished this drama this morning, and now, 6 hours later my eyes are still swollen.

Does anyone know if DVDs with english subtitles have been released for this drama or not? If so, a reliable source to buy it from - that would deliver/sell in Australia?

Thank you!
No, the only available DVD's have no English fansubs. Kioku is interested on subbing them away using a DVD source though.

ushiatsui, I still believe 5 is too low. 5 means like "It's OK, but really, really close". And overall, I didn't think that there was such an improvement, from 5 to 10. I think you're taking too much into account the comparisons between the real story and the TV one. I'm sure that if you wouldn't know about the real Aya you'd probably have rated it a little higher, even though the drama would obviously the same.

myke

Post by myke » Jun 5th, '06, 17:31

Sarki wrote:
natesque wrote:I finished this drama this morning, and now, 6 hours later my eyes are still swollen.

Thank you!
No, the only available DVD's have no English fansubs. Kioku is interested on subbing them away using a DVD source though.

ushiatsui, I still believe 5 is too low. 5 means like "It's OK, but really, really close". And overall, I didn't think that there was such an improvement, from 5 to 10. I think you're taking too much into account the comparisons between the real story and the TV one. I'm sure that if you wouldn't know about the real Aya you'd probably have rated it a little higher, even though the drama would obviously the same.
:lol What about if it gave 7? orait is it?

I think the addition of the new character beside than the original character is to make the story more sad n interesting.....even though at the ending Asou-kun did't end up with Aya.....
The scene when Asou-kun give Aya a ride (ep1) very :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jun 5th, '06, 18:32

1 Litre is one of those drama that I would never forget how it made me felt and couldn't bear to watch it a second time. The first time, I didn't know what she would experience. I was going through the experience with her. But now I know the isolation and helpless of being her, and I just can't bear the experience the second time.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jun 13th, '06, 15:13

Does Aya have amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?

myke

Post by myke » Jun 13th, '06, 15:31

well are any one have read the 1Litre of Tear novel@ Aya Diary???

i really want to know if anyone have read the book. :scratch:
and i think the book will not be translate to eng do they?

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Jun 14th, '06, 05:14

Hmmm to answer that... I haven't read the book but I do know that the book has been translated via online, but not liek the actual book.. Sorry that I do not have a direct link or anything as I read that it was translated a while back.

After doing a quick search I found a Xanga dedicated in the translation of it.. Sorry that you have to sort of read it backwards I think due to the date posted...

Clicky

^Hope that helps the least.

arthaha

Post by arthaha » Jun 20th, '06, 21:36

Spinocerebellar Ataxia its called

pcam

Post by pcam » Jun 25th, '06, 22:26

I just started 1 Litre of Tears yesterday and I got hooked immediately! Its SOO touching. I think I've cried every episode so far till now (episode seven). I'm hoping I can finish the entire series tonight!!

So its ataxia...!

I kind of guessed the ending, but I didnt know for sure until I saw pictures on the official website that ruined it for me :-( but I still really want to see it!

Frox

Post by Frox » Jun 26th, '06, 20:41

Hehe the website also spoiled it for me,.....though it's something you can imagine even before watching it.

Still,.....knowing it definately doens't spoil the story IMO. It's great!

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Jul 2nd, '06, 00:50

I don't think I can ever say any show is life-altering. That's too big an exaggeration. But if "See it" were the highest ranking I could give, I'd pick that. The story really is very touching and Erika Sawajiri played the character very beautifully. She really made the Aya character so likable, and she didn't cheat with just making Aya super cute all the time. I love how the story was told and I really really really enjoyed watching it. Even thought I had to fight back tears practically through all the episodes. I absolutely positively recommend to anyone who hasn't watched this show yet to go watch it as soon as you can.

myke

Post by myke » Jul 2nd, '06, 10:47

SacredCultivator wrote:Hmmm to answer that... I haven't read the book but I do know that the book has been translated via online, but not liek the actual book.. Sorry that I do not have a direct link or anything as I read that it was translated a while back.

After doing a quick search I found a Xanga dedicated in the translation of it.. Sorry that you have to sort of read it backwards I think due to the date posted...

Clicky

^Hope that helps the least.
is that so... :O
i also didn't think that the book will be translate ...
but i check the link that u give...n wow...thankz a lot...
although u say must read backward...
:roll
for me no problem...
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Can't wait to see Sawajiri Erika in Tauyo no uta...

TaintedWisdom

Post by TaintedWisdom » Jul 3rd, '06, 03:36

myke wrote:
Can't wait to see Sawajiri Erika in Tauyo no uta...
You are not alone :cheers: :D

roon3ynguyen

Post by roon3ynguyen » Jul 7th, '06, 00:25

i am waiting for episode 5 to ome out like when!!!

Crono

Post by Crono » Jul 8th, '06, 19:25

This has got to be one of the best and most touching drama i ever seen in my life.
I just finsihed watching the final episode 11, it's so sad but yet so warming.
It made me cry at the very end. 10/10 A must see, and it can life-alter you depending on the person you are.

TaintedWisdom

Post by TaintedWisdom » Jul 8th, '06, 22:22

Is def a life altering series.
As I had mention before, I had YEARS (MORE THAN 5+ YEARS) that I did not cry about a single thing (not even a single tear) and this series actually made me cry like in 2-3 incidents.
I was like, I cant belive this BLEEEP heheh.

A must see for sure.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 10th, '06, 23:18

Today, I randomly clicked on a part in episode 6, and I was tears in one minute flat.
Ako tells Hiroki that if she were the one who had the disorder, she would not have the courage to leave house. The weird way ppl would look at her. The things they would say. She could never have the kind of smile Aya has. So for the first time, she really thinks Aya (their sister) is a really amazing person.
Before Ako had finished her speach, I was in tears.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jul 31st, '06, 12:17

definitely life-alterating~ :cry:

oppa92

Post by oppa92 » Jul 31st, '06, 13:26

lilswtangel wrote:definitely life-alterating~ :cry:
totally agree~!

this drama really touch my heart n make my eyes in tears more than 1 litre 8)

anyway thanx for the subbers for this series..u guys done great job keep it up~!

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 3rd, '06, 10:11

one of the saddest doramas ive seen. a real heart breaker *sniff*,
now i love to show all my pals this show just so they can cry their eyes out. im soo mean.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 6th, '06, 16:57

Man, this drama is so sad. Probably the most touching drama i've so far.

sakura_rin

Post by sakura_rin » Aug 10th, '06, 23:08

This drama is so sad :-( .
But Uchi is here cute, So cute. :D

nugur

Post by nugur » Aug 13th, '06, 21:30

ehh i know propably there is already in here but any1 know where i can downlaod the ost for this?

Pee

Post by Pee » Aug 13th, '06, 21:48

this is one of the best dramas i´ve seen so far .

many tears shedded but it was worth it !

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Aug 13th, '06, 22:35

nugur wrote:ehh i know propably there is already in here but any1 know where i can downlaod the ost for this?
http://asianosts.cjb.net

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Sep 5th, '06, 21:52

Very very good drama - despite it being sad, the message is definitiely uplifting and inspiring. The main actress was sooo cute but very convincing. Ryo was well suited to his role as Asou *ahem*.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Sep 7th, '06, 01:55

Does anyone know if there's an English version of the book? :D

Thanks!

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Sep 23rd, '06, 15:41

Well being that I'm not crazily into sad dramas, I reluctanly watched it because Erika was in it and well people kept saying it was so good.

I gotta admit I think I shed a litre of tears by the end of the series. What truly amazed me is that it isn't the fact that it is her dieing or losing to the disease that is what made me cry, but how her family, her, her friends, and asou-kun fought the disease to the bitter end.

Her words were truly motivating, and I think if you've been thinking about not watching this drama because its too sad, STOP THINKING THAT WAY and watch it. You wont regret it.

I think I got dehydrated crying so much from ep 8-10.

motao

Post by motao » Oct 21st, '06, 03:16

Here is my original PV for 1 Liter of Tears, focusing on Aya and Haruto.

Name: 1.zip
Size: 98MB

The download link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ahn9ub

Kazanko
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kazanko » Oct 23rd, '06, 17:50

if someone search for "1 litre of tears" subbed in English by kioku check their official clubbox:
http://clubbox.co.kr/JEkizuna

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Oct 26th, '06, 19:03

I love it.

I couldn't watch it during the day because I know I'd cry a lot. 1 litre of tears is by far, the top drama that made me cry for more than a litre.

really touching and inspiring.

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Nov 1st, '06, 05:43

cried buckets especially every ending... makes me wanna kill myself haha but i love it. anyone knwos where i can get the book english version

Ayumi-Kyoto

Post by Ayumi-Kyoto » Nov 12th, '06, 10:51

Actually, this is the first JDorama I started to watch from a long time not watching any drama. I found it from another forum. And I was deeply addicted to it because of its true and sad story. I cry everytime when I see the drama or just one part of it. So touching and so sad.
After watching it, I realised that a normal life seems really easy but not for all of us. Some people cannot live easily. I feel that I am luckier than they when I can walk, talk and smile to other people. That is a meaning story for all of us about encourage and strength.

ButterCake

Post by ButterCake » Nov 16th, '06, 01:13

ushiushi wrote:Man, I didn't cry once, and I'm a pretty sensitive guy (SekaChu and Ima Ai have made me cry :cry: ).
What a coincidence, I fast forwarded through Sekai cause I wasn't feeling the chemistry and story and all, and I stopped Ima Ai after the first 20 minutes. I'm guessing you must be in the minority.

1 litre definitely triumphs over them for their realistic portrayal of a girl with a disease. Most dramas which involve dying people are normally of the romance genre. Oh, the girl is dying, the guy is so sad, they spent the rest of the drama dating and arguing, girl dies, guy sad, the end. The main message of 1 litre is conveyed through Aya's character, her determination, her ups, her downs. Not to forget the tight bond she has with her family and what they go through as well. Sekai to me is just another romance drama about a girl dying, I was so bored. Even beautiful life with takuya kimura was so much better.

Also I would like to say that Erika shouldn't be associated with her beauty for this drama. Her acting was superb. I have never seen such a talented young actress in a long time. It didn't matter what she looked like, she was so convincing that I think she was meant to play Aya. It was such a challenging role, and she made it seem like the role was hers alone. Not to forget the wonderful performances from her mom, dad and sister. The four of them deserve some kind of award. Asoukun wasn't wonderful, but surprisingly good.

I don't see what irony you're talking about. Because this is about as real as it gets.

biskut

Post by biskut » Nov 17th, '06, 06:24

Have anyone check out Ichi Rittoru no Namida The Movie yet?
U guys heard about Sugar & Spice-Fûmi Zekka?
Can't really find the torrent file of these?
And Erika Sawajiri did an amazing job!