7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Nov 8th, '05, 16:15

Just searched though this topic, has no one mentioned Yamada James yet? (I think that's his name)
I noticed him in episode 3 .. I wonder if he's half-Japanese or something.. he didn't really look it.. but he didn't know about the 114 thing which implies he new..

The show its seft I think it's really good so far, I love Yamashita's character compete nutter, who seems to do that weird laugh when he gets mad, like when he lost his keys and he starts to get mad but then laughs, so I'm hoping his back-story, if shown, will be good.
The main characters are what make the series so good, the popular guy, crazy guy and scary girl. Just the best bunch to stick together.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 8th, '05, 18:18

this was the best ep so far!! Akira is getting cutter hehe he's been funny since the beginning but earlier he was kinda annoying at the same time but now I'm changing my mind about him :wub: he was really kakkoii when he was beating up Bando's bf!! :heart: and of course that scene when he "visited" Shuji :fear:
Akira said he was in love with Nobuta!! yatta!! at last hehe it was pretty obvious in previous ep but now he actually said that :wub: however I don't think Shuji fell for Nobuta he probably will fall for her later but not yet imo...the fact that he chose flowers doesn't mean anything except that he's yasashii
can't wait for next ep :wub:

Lowest: cool ava!!
Last edited by gunjourui on Nov 8th, '05, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 8th, '05, 19:47

i love Akira/Yamapi more & more each episode. it shows he really care about Nobuta, i found it so sweet.

yeah, i noticed the James, but it was just for a few seconds. he didn't really make a great impression, since he doesn't have that much screen time.

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 8th, '05, 21:39

Oh wow - I just finished watching episode 4..akira was sooo awesome in this one! :wub:

Ok, I'm going to try to do the hidden thing..it didnt work last time so again, a warning if it doesnt work: dont read on pls if u havent seen the episode.

I loved his beating up Bando's bf..even though the, 'oh, look over there,' trick is so old, he did it so perfectly! The brick smashing thing was hilarious! :lol And yaaay I'm so glad he realizes he loves Nobuta. As for Shuji, I dont think he loves her...he kept going in his diary until he reached flower but thats just him admitting what he really wants to do, coz he IS a nice guy. He likes both, but I dont think its love. Not yet anyway. I didnt totally understand the next ep preview though..are they talking about a double date?
Xraymind: good observation about the skirts! I had missed that. So who do u think it is?

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 8th, '05, 21:54

P.S.
I dont think Nobuta loves either one yet either. If I had to choose, I think at this point I'd root for Akira. Yes, I admit it, the brick scene plays a big part..hehe.. :D Shuji needs to change a little bit before I root for him..like everything being a game to him and not being honest with anyone really.. Akira may be high all the time but he seems to have less issues.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 8th, '05, 22:13

^
yup, I also think that she doesn't love either of them yet.... I'm guessing she'll fall for Shuji rather than Akira....Akira is getting really cute here and he cares for her so much but those girls in doramas always chooses the other guy :roll
hmmm I like Kame a lot more that P but after this ep I think I would also root for Akira :wub:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 8th, '05, 22:18

yep yep, so curious to see how both of them face to Nobuta in the next eps ; in particulary Akiraa , akaka , after the end of eps 04 , but I still thinking that Akira wasn't "serious" about wat he said unconsiously , akaka he was scare ; but if he didn't tell the truth , ------ something bad will happen to him ----- O_O ayayayya ,

Ps : Ir remark the "Evil" girl too , like I always think , it must be the popular , Shuuji's GF , it must be her , akaka , she's pretty but something in her looks , she's a little scary somehow ...

Can anyone translate the preview in the end !!!! yaaaaa so curious about Nobuta's reaction , and why Shuuji & Akira yell at her like that ????? omomom can't wait for next week !!!!!!!!!

SimplyJane

Post by SimplyJane » Nov 8th, '05, 22:43

hi..=)..I also believe that Shuji's girlfiend is the one behind the mean acts. I believe she's doing it cuz she's used to being the one who's often talked about; the attention-getter, but now, nobuta has her moments when she's NOTICED. I like both Akira and Shuji, but I've been rooting for Akira and Nobuta since the beginning..jeje =D..

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 8th, '05, 23:20

first of all, she's NOT Shuji's GF.. he said he's not into the love thing, he thinks it's stupid. baka Shuji.

but as we can all see at the end of episode 4, shuji have changed.. he actually DOES care about Nobuta, he admits it himself. so we can say, he's getting there. seem like i'm repeating myself. >__<;;

am i the only one who hear both of them called out NOBUTA during the preview?

aya

Post by aya » Nov 8th, '05, 23:59

I'm really starting to like this series... especially after the 4th episode.
::NOBUTA POWER CHUUNIU!:: :wub:
Although I'm rooting for Akira... I think Nobuko will go for Shuji. But I hope I'm wrong. Akira just has more sense than Shuji although it doesn't look like it.. and he's much cuter too! :D

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Nov 9th, '05, 00:15

NOBUTA POWER CHUUNIU!!! hahahahahaha sorry. that was just TOTALLY FUNNY!!

I was actually doing the steps.. hahahaha.. FUUUUNNNYYY

anyala

Post by anyala » Nov 9th, '05, 00:16

aya wrote:I'm really starting to like this series... especially after the 4th episode.
::NOBUTA POWER CHUUNIU!:: :wub:
Although I'm rooting for Akira... I think Nobuko will go for Shuji. But I hope I'm wrong. Akira just has more sense than Shuji although it doesn't look like it.. and he's much cuter too! :D

REally envy you guys! i can;t start watching bcoz,...the ep 2 stuck at 70%, anyone online who would mind seeding ep.2 , thanks in advance!!! :lol

p.s: thanks for kind seeders who help me finished dling 1,3-4....hontoni arigatou...!!! :salut:

Si-Mari

Post by Si-Mari » Nov 9th, '05, 00:29

haha..it was soo cute & funny when she did that Nobuta Power thing..lol >.<

I luv Nobuta wo Produce..truly one of my favs. haha.....I just luv Akira he's soo cute and funny =P but Shuuji too...
Ya, also rooting for Akira...he rox and think Nobuta is better off with him since he cares for her and all dat. They'd look so cute 2gether!! >.<

yes..that gurl Shuuji always has lunch with I think is the one behind those bad acts...she evil, its kinda obvious too just by looking at her *evil* lol...just cause she's jealous -___-'
Yes, I cannot wait til the next episode....

aya

Post by aya » Nov 9th, '05, 01:46

Hmm... it never crossed my mind that Mariko could be the secret villian til you guys mentioned. It's a good spin to the plot if it was her. But I first thought that the mysterious evil-doer was a completely new character... someone just like Nobuko who was jealous of her or something. Well that's my 2 cents.

SimplyJane

Post by SimplyJane » Nov 9th, '05, 04:54

:-) im helping seeding episode 2 =) in case you still need it =)

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 9th, '05, 04:59

Wah! I just finished watching episode 4! This drama is so good! I loved that 114 storyline! :lol

I can't wait for the next episode! From the preview, Shuji is planning the "Double Date Operation!" From the official website and my limited Japanese, I think it says that he is gonna set up a double date using Mariko and Nobuta and Shitaka (Ueki Makoto - classmate #4). Maybe that's why Akira says "Dame!" in the preview??? (I noticed on the Japanese BBS, someone write they wanted to see "jealous Akira!") Can anyone else confirm this?! Sounds like it's gonna be another good episode!

The theme song is so catchy too! At first I thought it was weird coz it sounded like James Bond music. I wonder if they are gonna perform it live on Music Station or something? Just from the ending credits, I think it's foreshadowing events to come. But I'm hoping for a happy ending!

anyala

Post by anyala » Nov 9th, '05, 05:12

SimplyJane wrote::-) im helping seeding episode 2 =) in case you still need it =)
oo jane!! thank u so much!! luv u for that!! yes pls, pls help me seeding ep 2... :lol

hontoni arigatou gozaimas,,,!!! Muach!!! that's for being so kind... :thumright:

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 9th, '05, 06:13

wachi wrote:first of all, she's NOT Shuji's GF.. he said he's not into the love thing, he thinks it's stupid. baka Shuji.
lol... That's actually one of my favorite quotes from ep04
but i don't want to go out with her,
it's too stupid to use up my short high school years
to something like that
:lol
--and let me borrow one of Akira's lines--"Bakayaro!"

and when I was about to doubt if he was really gonna pull the H2O bucket on Nobuta...he redeems himself and says this...
I was gonna make flowers fall over nobuta :cry:
Shuji is cool too, especially at home with the cute hairstyle...
but I agreeeeeeeeee with all of you! Mannn! YamaP is just too adorable in this episode..So kyoootttttttt :heart:

SimplyJane

Post by SimplyJane » Nov 9th, '05, 06:28

anyala wrote:
oo jane!! thank u so much!! luv u for that!! yes pls, pls help me seeding ep 2... :lol

hontoni arigatou gozaimas,,,!!! Muach!!! that's for being so kind... :thumright:
no problem =)..though, i paused the seeding a bit, but now I'm seeding again =D..hope u get to download it tonight/today..jeje whatever ur time zone is =) :thumright:

anyala

Post by anyala » Nov 9th, '05, 07:06

SimplyJane wrote:
anyala wrote:

no problem =)..though, i paused the seeding a bit, but now I'm seeding again =D..hope u get to download it tonight/today..jeje whatever ur time zone is =) :thumright:
hohohoho....thanks to you and other kind seeders, i managed 2 finish it now...thanks for ur help...!!!

candie

Post by candie » Nov 9th, '05, 08:30

I really REALLY liked epi 4. From the beginning of the drama I was doubting if there was going to be any romance in the series, but now I feel strongly that there will be.
I love Akira's dumb-assness but you know he's really very smart and stronger of a person than Shuji (in my opinion). He stands up to people more instead of Shuji who always play Mr. Cool. 8) What will you do Shuji when your coolness dies? =/

I think about the same way as a lot of you guys. I agree Nobuta should be with Akira even though I get this vibe that she actually likes Shuji more. Akira genuinely cares for Nobuta and it's soo obvious in epi 4 too. I loved how he threatened Shuji on several occassions if he poured water on her. :lol I hope Akira gets together with Nobuta. But Shuji will realize he's missing something and go after her too. :P
WOOT! FIRST POST! :lol

anyala

Post by anyala » Nov 9th, '05, 08:56

i have yet 2 watch the drama...but huahahaihaiha,....at last...after that long suffering dling ..finally managed 2 dl whole 1-4...thank u so much seeders and subbers of course...i'll watch it 2nite...will comment on the drama later on..!!! :cheers:

Eria

Post by Eria » Nov 9th, '05, 09:00

about james
i thought i remember him from the first episode or the 2nd. one of those. i don't know though. don't quote me on it. but i thought i did. i was actually wondering who it was. i thought it would be shuji's american name or so. gotta watch it again.
i really like this dorama. i'm so excited to see the next episodes to come. does anyone know how many episodes there are?

yamapi is soooo kawaii. when he
punched bando's bf, i was like yeah, sugoiiii!
i was touched when
bando pulled the flower string. i was expecting the water actually. and also with shuji's decision
can't wait for the next episode!

i think kame is a good actor!

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Nov 9th, '05, 09:11

Kame no kawaiI!~

SimplyJane

Post by SimplyJane » Nov 9th, '05, 09:16

anyala

im glad you got to download the episodes 1-4..hope u really enjoy them! =D....

my response to "I was touched when"-Eria
hi.. :-) .. :lol I'm kind of embarrassed to say it, but :lol I cried during this scene..so did my sister..it was really touching jeje =D..

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 9th, '05, 10:35

Eria wrote: i was touched when
and also with shuji's decision
can't wait for the next episode!
OMG i nearly DIED when i found that out~~ it was like
even though it seems like he hasn't made the decision, in truth, in his 'heart', he's already decided to tip the flower bucket.
at first when i watched nobuta~ i was a bit like o_________O. i wasn't quite sure of what to make of yamapi's character, and the plot also seemed a bit generic. but episode 3 and 4 has really redeemed the drama so much. i love how they'd taken such an overused, predictable make-outcast-into-prom-queen plot and made it totally and completely unpredictable and view-worthy. the take on this drama isn't about the transformation of the girl, but instead, it's about the development of friendship, and reliance, and trust, and all those sentimental things that make you go warm and fuzzy inside =D

and i loved the character development in episode 3 and 4. they really went into depth into shuji's character in ep 3, akira's character in ep 4, and nobuta's throughout. it's also impressive that the span out of the three main characters, to explore other characters as well - such as bando, and shuji's little bro. and they have those little random cameos (like the bookstore owner, the vice-principal, the 'truth' man, the old students), which really give nobuta~ a touch of REAL japanese drama =D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 9th, '05, 10:47

Eria wrote: yamapi is soooo kawaii. when he
punched bando's bf, i was like yeah, sugoiiii!
and the words he was saying there!!!! omg I think it was the first time in the series I really liked P :wub:
Eria wrote:i was touched when
bando pulled the flower string. i was expecting the water actually. and also with shuji's decision

I think it would have happened if not Nobuta's conversation with Bando earlier in the same ep...but since the conversation took place I was sure she would pool THIS rope
Toritorisan wrote:The theme song is so catchy too! At first I thought it was weird coz it sounded like James Bond music. I wonder if they are gonna perform it live on Music Station or something? Just from the ending credits, I think it's foreshadowing events to come. But I'm hoping for a happy ending!
they are performing of course. you can get it from jpopsuki or some other site I don't remember right now but I have link somewhere (I'll add it later)

I agree with unkei that this series isn't about transforming Nobuta into popular girl but rather about friendship. we can see how all of them are changing there and I think that Shuji's change is even more important here than Nobuta's. I liked the scene in ep 4 when...
Shuji was thinking about that 114 day and he met vice-principal in the hall..she said that he isn't the same as he used to be!! omg that was cute :wub: but it also means that other characters in the dorama have already started noticing his change too... and Mariko must have noticed it too...

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 11th, '05, 07:30

hey ppl, i uploaded the pv for the theme song

shuuji to akira - seishun amigo
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20CO0 ... MSYTDIMX8N

no more nutty akira!! hehe enjoy~

rhap

Post by rhap » Nov 11th, '05, 08:07

i really like this drama...at first, from reading the synopsis i thought it would be another Pygmalion/My Fair Lady/She's All That type of thing. However, i like the fact that it has used the cliched plot and transformed it into an interesting drama through characterisation amongst other things.

Akira is so cute/funny and serious when he needs to be - i think he would have to be my favourite character. Shuiji is pretty cool and i suppose he's good looking in an androgynous way - sometimes i think he's wearing eyeliner. That reminds me of the hair tie scene in ep 4. And Nobuta is pretty interesting as well - she's not particularly pretty, but there's something about her...

I can't wait to see ep 5.

Is this based on a book or manga or something because ive accidently seen some spoilers on other boards which say: *MEGA SPOILER ALERT* - read at your own risk!!
shuji dies
Last edited by rhap on Nov 11th, '05, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 11th, '05, 08:41

rhap wrote:Is this based on a book or manga or something because ive accidently seen some spoilers on other boards which say:
shuji dies
i saw that spoiler too~ at the forum in jdorama.com. i actually wouldn't mind if that happened, not cos i want it to, but because it'd be interesting to see how the actors would be able to pull it off. especially yamapi.

but yeah, it hasn't been confirmed - it's just a rumour, so ppl please don't panic ^^'''

rhap

Post by rhap » Nov 11th, '05, 09:31

unkei wrote:
i saw that spoiler too~ at the forum in jdorama.com. i actually wouldn't mind if that happened, not cos i want it to, but because it'd be interesting to see how the actors would be able to pull it off. especially yamapi.

but yeah, it hasn't been confirmed - it's just a rumour, so ppl please don't panic ^^'''
cool thanks for clearing that up ...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 11th, '05, 09:31

rhap wrote: Is this based on a book or manga or something because ive accidently seen some spoilers on other boards which say:
shuji dies
OMG this is a MEGA spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't read it before... but but I read it now :cry: :cry: :cry: I didn't have to know that!! and yes, this is based on a book coz my friend saw it in bookstore...

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 11th, '05, 09:41

Hey guys!

After intensive searcing, I finally managed to find the lyrics to the Seishun amigo song! :D I've got them off a website in someones blog (i thought I bookmarked the link so I could give credits to the person, but I did the wrong site.. :doh: ) SO, these were not done by me..credits to whomever did them..

Seishun Amigo .. Youthful friends

(K)
My mobile phone has started to ring
A wave of anxiety surges up my chest
Stay calm, mi amigo!

(Y)
The situation doesn't look good! Help me~~!!
Those guys are nearly onto me!
I don't think I'm going to pull through this, mi amigo!

(Both)
The call breaks off like two people being torn apart

Si we have always been the two of us
We've never lost on our own territory...or something like that
Si the city we've yearned for since a long time ago
Believing as we lived

For some reason, in my mind is the scene of the day we set out
The beautiful sky, embracing everything

(K)
Finally found my way to that darkened road
The guy's lying on the ground
I didn't make it in time. Sorry.

(Y)
I've taken care of him
I couldn't keep the promise we made that day of fighting together
But the fact you came makes me very happy

(Both)
Trembling hands clasped stronger together

Si the moment we arrived in this town
We would be able to handle everything, or so we believed
Si we parted with our home to pursue a greater dream
Laughing as we lived

Nothing has changed that future that
The two of us were chasing after
We still dream of it

Arent they nice? :) I Really love this song.. the only thing is :

After reading the lyrics and seeing the ending where one little piggy dies..I can't help but think those rumours you were talking about are gonna be true. I thought it would be Akira who dies though, coz in the ending its the ditzy pig who's hurt. But argh argh..I'm getting depressed just thinking about it. PLEASE let this only be a nasty rumour..

peizhi

Post by peizhi » Nov 11th, '05, 12:29

Aku wrote:Hey guys!

After intensive searcing, I finally managed to find the lyrics to the Seishun amigo song! :D I've got them off a website in someones blog (i thought I bookmarked the link so I could give credits to the person, but I did the wrong site.. :doh: ) SO, these were not done by me..credits to whomever did them..

Seishun Amigo .. Youthful friends

(K)
My mobile phone has started to ring
A wave of anxiety surges up my chest
Stay calm, mi amigo!

(Y)
The situation doesn't look good! Help me~~!!
Those guys are nearly onto me!
I don't think I'm going to pull through this, mi amigo!

(Both)
The call breaks off like two people being torn apart

Si we have always been the two of us
We've never lost on our own territory...or something like that
Si the city we've yearned for since a long time ago
Believing as we lived

For some reason, in my mind is the scene of the day we set out
The beautiful sky, embracing everything

(K)
Finally found my way to that darkened road
The guy's lying on the ground
I didn't make it in time. Sorry.

(Y)
I've taken care of him
I couldn't keep the promise we made that day of fighting together
But the fact you came makes me very happy

(Both)
Trembling hands clasped stronger together

Si the moment we arrived in this town
We would be able to handle everything, or so we believed
Si we parted with our home to pursue a greater dream
Laughing as we lived

Nothing has changed that future that
The two of us were chasing after
We still dream of it

Arent they nice? :) I Really love this song.. the only thing is :

After reading the lyrics and seeing the ending where one little piggy dies..I can't help but think those rumours you were talking about are gonna be true. I thought it would be Akira who dies though, coz in the ending its the ditzy pig who's hurt. But argh argh..I'm getting depressed just thinking about it. PLEASE let this only be a nasty rumour..
Hey aku! thanks for the lyrics. really appreciate your hardwork. i like the lyrics too. meaningful. seishun amigo =] :salut:

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Nov 11th, '05, 12:41

About the Shuji dying rumor
It'll be kinda weird if it's true, ne? I mean... the drama itself doesn't really give me that kind of feel ^^;; Maybe it'll develop later, but as of now, it doesn't seem that tragic and foreboding.
It'll be interesting... but um... I dunno, I love the drama so far so I'll watch anything LOL XDD I'm so eager to see how everything turns out!! :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 11th, '05, 13:21

you all really scare meee , yaaa ,
don't wanna see neither of them d** ..... :[ but now that I think , yep in some Comic Drama sometimes ends up with a main character's death

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 11th, '05, 13:35

i'm never clicking on a spoiler box again EVER!!! that one needed 3 story size warning signs.
curiosity killed the nobuta. XD

/me proceeds to try deleting memory of past 24 hours by drinking myself to oblivion. :alcoholic: cheers. :cry:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 11th, '05, 14:25

ironicwave wrote:/me proceeds to try deleting memory of past 24 hours by drinking myself to oblivion. :alcoholic: cheers. :cry:
can I join you? :alcoholic:
the person who first spread this news must have read the book before...
but let's wait and see what's going to happen

btw, I read at jdorama that Kame was photographed when hugging the girl who play Nobuta mwahaha I can't wait for their kissing scenes in the dorama...will be realistic for sure :lol

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 12th, '05, 01:21

the song is nice but at the same time you get the impression that its also sad.

Does anyone want the song? Since I was kinda uploading it for a friend..

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=28FR ... IM7IQTFL6J

is that okay? since i don't want to waste it..

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 13th, '05, 00:35

Just finished watching episode 5 and found that it asked a lot of tough questions.
Should a person pretend to be something they are not so other people can like him/her? Or a person should be loved for who he/she really is?

Before the double date, Shuji kept coaching Nobuta how to act and what to say. He did the same thing for Makoto. But, in the aquarium, Nobuta and Makoto finally revealed who they truly are. And, it wasn't a pretty sight. The disappointment in the eyes.

On the other hand, it's amazing to see Shuji's dad accepted his mom as how she is. Even though, she was never around to be "the wife," he cared for her all the same. It was touching to see him on the bridge waiting for his wife's plane to fly by. Shuji should learn a thing or two from his dad.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Nov 13th, '05, 01:23

The hunt for the mysterious/stalker/life messer continues...so after watchin ep5, here are my thoughts..The mask is about to come off, I hope..hehe
(donn read if u haven't seen ep5)
ok, from ep4, Bando can be eliminated which leaves Mariko.But with ep5, the new girl who appears at the end, I am also putting her on the list cus that birthmark right next to her chin looked kinda familiar. When someone was taking pictures of Shinji and Nobuta on the rooftop, that girl had a birthmark...so now Mariko almost off the list and new girl 99% probability of her being the culprit..if it turns out to be true, then we are in for the betrayal of new friendship senario..hehe(get close pretending to be friends, then finally betray)

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 13th, '05, 01:31

I agree. That new girl is suspicious. If I only see her face a bit closer, maybe I can see that little mole on her chin... or not. Somehow, I never believe that Mariko is the evil one, I might not like her that much, even feel sorry for her a bit of how Shuji really thinks of her and how he pretends to be all in love with her but in reality, he has no time for love.
Shuji is changing every episode, though slowly, but he is. These type of drama, there's always a lesson to be learn in the end.

Now to Akira, haha, the poor guy.
He realizes his love for Nobuta, now he stalks her. It was cute when he tried to put his arms around her, but they couldn't move. Then he got all jealous because she was going on a date with someone else. Well, at least in the end he got to hold her hand.

jica

Post by jica » Nov 13th, '05, 02:40

hm... I don't know how to put hidden text...
I'll try to not write any spoilers... =/

I really like this drama. At first I saw it just because of Kamenashi, and I thought it was a comedy, like many other manga-based dramas (don't know if it is manga-based though). But I think it is a rather serious and maybe sad drama, sometimes it seems dark to me. The mood in the end of each episode... I mean, death, Shuji's words when first episode ends, black birds and other things. :crazy:

That mysterious stalkers may not just be one person. Maybe there's two or three...?

I actually think that Kamenashi is a good actor, he's not all the same in his dramas, e.g. he's a total different person in Gokusen 2. In Nobuta wo Produce, Shuji isn't a very sympathic person (though he has the main cast), you'll like Akira more, cause Akira's more honest with his feelings and actings, but as somebody else mentioned before, Shuji's changing a little in every episode. He's realizing what kind of person he is, and doesn't like it.

Sigh... have to wait till next week for ep 6. :cry:

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Nov 13th, '05, 03:10

Thanks unkei for the PV. that's the first time i've heard either of them sing, they're pretty good. hehe their dancing is kinda funny though.

Thanks surrealistic-destiny for the mp3 and Aku for the translation.

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 13th, '05, 05:16

blackstarjr wrote:The hunt for the mysterious/stalker/life messer continues...so after watchin ep5, here are my thoughts..The mask is about to come off, I hope..hehe
(donn read if u haven't seen ep5)
ok, from ep4, Bando can be eliminated which leaves Mariko.But with ep5, the new girl who appears at the end, I am also putting her on the list cus that birthmark right next to her chin looked kinda familiar. When someone was taking pictures of Shinji and Nobuta on the rooftop, that girl had a birthmark...so now Mariko almost off the list and new girl 99% probability of her being the culprit..if it turns out to be true, then we are in for the betrayal of new friendship senario..hehe(get close pretending to be friends, then finally betray)
Just watched episode 5! Some thoughts as plot thickens.... (Spoilers for episode 5)
I don't know if Mariko is the mysterious troublemaker, but I think she is definitely not what she seems. I wonder if she is actually like Shuji, where popularity is just a game and she is going out with Shuji for the same reason he is? I just thought it was weird when they were eating lunch, and when she made Shuji buy her a drink, as if she was trying to get rid of him for a second. Her experssion changes and it was strange how she snatched the something from their bento too.

She also said at the end of the date "Kyou wa tanoshihkatta desu." Exactly what Shuji told Nobuta to say at the end of the date, even Shuji kinda looked at her funny when she said it.. (I wonder if she heard them talking?) Nobuta said it at the wrong time of the date, but it's funny that Mariko remembered it.

For me, I can't tell if the new girl could be the one, but it's a possiblity! Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!
I really want to read the book! I think this drama seems light-hearted, but I have a feeling the storyline might take a turn towards the end.

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 13th, '05, 05:23

melonyhappy wrote:Thanks unkei for the PV. that's the first time i've heard either of them sing, they're pretty good. hehe their dancing is kinda funny though.
Where have you been? :lol Seriously, Yamapi (Akira) is from the jboy band group NewS, and Kame (Shuji) is from Kat-Tun, another boyband. They are like mega famous.

jhessy

Post by jhessy » Nov 13th, '05, 09:34

yamatsumi wrote:
rhap wrote: Is this based on a book or manga or something because ive accidently seen some spoilers on other boards which say:
shuji dies
OMG this is a MEGA spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't read it before... but but I read it now :cry: :cry: :cry: I didn't have to know that!! and yes, this is based on a book coz my friend saw it in bookstore...

I hope the rumored spoiler's not true, i mean... it doesn't make sense to me at least:
shuji's the one narrating, how could he die? except if he left a diary/journal or somethin'

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Nov 13th, '05, 09:51

epiosde 5 of nobuta wo produce in my opinon is a must see eps. i'am watching it even though my japanese is not all that great. there is a suppeerrr funny part in this eps. arigato for all your hard work and i can't wait until the subs for this episode come out :D :thumright: :thumleft:
Last edited by akai_14 on Nov 13th, '05, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 13th, '05, 14:12

I agree that episode 5 is a must see, if only to see
Shuji and Akira playing a girl and a guy on a date. It was so hilarious!
Akira tried to "take advantage" of Shuji. Shuji tried to deflect Akira advances, but ended up accepting it. Then, their air kissed. I was rolling on floor laughing :D

Corona

Post by Corona » Nov 13th, '05, 15:56

Must refrain from clicking on the spoiler..must refrain!

I'm tremendously enjoying this series :)

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Nov 13th, '05, 15:58

yamatsumi wrote:Lowest: cool ava!!
Cheers :D

I just watched the PV for the theme song, it's the first PV I've seen of Johnnys Entertainment and I have to say they really should fire the choreographer because the dancing was just weird. But anyway I have a question, is the boy in the PV (the main dancing kid) the same boy who plays.. Shuji's little brother?

edit: just looked on the wiki and he is in johnnys jrs so it's probably him.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 13th, '05, 18:40

^ yes, it's him...you should have just read comments in (PV) Shuuji to Akira - Seishun Amigo thread :P we have some J's jr specialists here who have already explained everything

ok ok I should get out of here fast coz I haven't watch this ep yet :cry: me be back after watching ep 5

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Nov 13th, '05, 18:57

wachi wrote:
melonyhappy wrote:Thanks unkei for the PV. that's the first time i've heard either of them sing, they're pretty good. hehe their dancing is kinda funny though.
Where have you been? :lol Seriously, Yamapi (Akira) is from the jboy band group NewS, and Kame (Shuji) is from Kat-Tun, another boyband. They are like mega famous.
I've heard about the groups, but never listened to them. I'm not really a fan of jpop. i've been listening to korean for the past year.

candie

Post by candie » Nov 13th, '05, 19:22

Just finished watching epi 5. My favorite epi so far. Now, I just have to wait for the subs to come out so I can clear some of my misunderstandings.

About the mysterious stalker/girl...
I've always thought Mariko was the crazy, stalker one since that's how dramas like to be. The always seemingly nice, pretty one, the one you'd least likely to expect almost always turn out to be the culprit. At first I didn't really believe it'd be her, but I definitely get a weird vibe from her after watching the drama more. For example, remember in epi 4 when she found out that Nobuta had written Shuji's b-day on her planner? Her face expression and how they zoomed into her eyes are is definitely very questionable. But then again, in epi 5 it wouldn't make sense if she was the one that took the pictures. It's possible but it'd be weird if you were on a date with someone and somehow was able to take a picture of the other couple without them knowing.

The new girl is suspicious as well. New twist to the story then if it was really her. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
That rumour about Shuji
OMG! Could it really be true that he could die? Is that why in the ending theme song you see one of the piggie die? Is that a foreshadow? Gosh, I hope not otherwise I'll.... :cry:

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Nov 13th, '05, 19:42

I regret clicking on that spoiler with three words.. OMG.

meanie!!!! huhuhuhuhuhu... well, it's my fault.. i took a bite at the forbidden fruit.. wahhh

i can't wait for the subs..
i want to find out what was in the flyer that had shuji and nobuta at odds.. i mean.. shuji was mad at something.. but nobuta said that it's okay, she doesn't care
akira chan is sooooo kawaiiiiiiiii.. i swear.. the kissy fishy lips and the "koko" kissy hand pose is crazy..

omg..

i just put a name on it.. the "koko" kissy hand pose.. and the kissy fishy lips.

jica

Post by jica » Nov 13th, '05, 19:59

Ah..... found out how to write hidden text =)
I wonder if they always have the same clothes. Mariko is wearing black socks and black shoes, and that girl who vandalised the birthday cake had black shoes and socks. But the one that took pic of Shuji and Nobuta had white socks and gym shoes.

Don't know why I try so hard to find out who the stalker girl is. They will probably show who it is later on. Or maybe they won't, so we'll never find out..... No need to put energy on it :glare:

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 13th, '05, 20:53

just finish episode 5 with sub from dancestar ..thanks

even it's 3 am now and i have class in the morning, i just can't resist it ... let me tell you it's worth the time!!

OMG i'm really hooked with NOBUTA right now
Toritorisan wrote:Just watched episode 5! Some thoughts as plot thickens.... (Spoilers for episode 5)
I don't know if Mariko is the mysterious troublemaker, but I think she is definitely not what she seems. I wonder if she is actually like Shuji, where popularity is just a game and she is going out with Shuji for the same reason he is? I just thought it was weird when they were eating lunch, and when she made Shuji buy her a drink, as if she was trying to get rid of him for a second. Her experssion changes and it was strange how she snatched the something from their bento too.
about that
from what i see, it's just an act Mariko did to match with Shuji request (she said she'll act like a bad date couple to make nobuta looks good in a scene before the date scene)
and oh, the girl in the end of this episode definitely the bad one. pretty sure she behind all the things happen in every episode. the appearance is matched! plus, the way Shuji said that nobuta finally make friend sounds so dark .. like something bad gonna happen coz of this. also the symbolic they put in the last shot .. i mean the crow .. it must means something, don't you think?

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 13th, '05, 21:23

acidkung wrote:
and oh, the girl in the end of this episode definitely the bad one. pretty sure she behind all the things happen in every episode. the appearance is matched! plus, the way Shuji said that nobuta finally make friend sounds so dark .. like something bad gonna happen coz of this. also the symbolic they put in the last shot .. i mean the crow .. it must means something, don't you think?
now that would be pretty messed up if the man nobuta helped really is her grandfather. besides, i tried my best to find a mole on her chin and couldn't. sooooo...
we're just gonna have to keep puzzling. :P
btw, love our jealous akira! :wub: :lol and the date demonstration by shuuji and akira was off the hook funny. :lol great episode!

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 13th, '05, 21:30

I'm rooting for Akira (Yamashita)! He was really funny and extremely nice in this ep! Shuji, though at times a bit cool... He's such a hypocrite. Akira is waaay better~

Inoue

Post by Inoue » Nov 13th, '05, 21:34

I really enjoyed the 5th episode, I laughed a lot.

Especially when shuji and akira were learning Nobuta how to do if he touched her on the date. :lol
Akira dies? That will be to sad :cry: Hope it's not true..
[/spoiler]

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 13th, '05, 22:53

ayaya , about the bad girl's identity
After seeing this eps , I've remarked somethings and it changes all of my thinking about the bad girl . I used to think Mariko is the "Evilness" in all this , but when I saw the scene when Nobuta and Shuuji were taken photo by an inconnu , and they did a close zoom of the girl's mouth , I saw that !!! there was a grain of beauty on her chin !!!!! yaaa , And coincidenly (?!) the mysterious girl at the end has IT to if you observe her carefully !!!!!!!!!!!! O_O omomomo , can't believe it , then Mariko is not the one , so ?? Nobuta is in danger cuz she's making friend with the "Elvil" girl ....
and YamaPi is so cute in this eps , ayayayay :D luve when he
don't want Shuuji experience on Nobuta ... , but he can't even do it in place , ayaya
in his bedroom and thinking about what he's done to Nobuta and getting out of himself , akak so funny
Call "Nobuta", "Nobuta" in sleeping xD kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 13th, '05, 23:02

In episode 5, does anybody notice how frequently the guys bump into things? I couldn't help noticing how often they are "ouching."

annah_alaba

Post by annah_alaba » Nov 13th, '05, 23:36

At the end of the FIRST EPISODE, you could already tell that something bad was going to happen and the video where the GREEN PIGGIE dies, I was confused. But when I read the FORUM and the LYRICS, it kinda clinched it (In my own opinion only) that one of them (I think SHUJI coz' the way the VIOLET PIGGIE moves like AKIRA in the hallway scene) is going to die or going to be hurt. :-( :-(

I hope nothing bad happens. :cry: But what SHUJI said at the end of the first episode "That in the future something truly dark and deep, there was real evilness that we had to fight" and the MYSTERIOUS GIRL wrote "DIE" in NOBUTA'S desk kinda freaks me out. :pale: :pale:

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 14th, '05, 01:00

annah_alaba wrote:At the end of the FIRST EPISODE, you could already tell that something bad was going to happen and the video where the GREEN PIGGIE dies, I was confused. But when I read the FORUM and the LYRICS, it kinda clinched it (In my own opinion only) that one of them (I think SHUJI coz' the way the VIOLET PIGGIE moves like AKIRA in the hallway scene) is going to die or going to be hurt. :-( :-(

I hope nothing bad happens. :cry: But what SHUJI said at the end of the first episode "That in the future something truly dark and deep, there was real evilness that we had to fight" and the MYSTERIOUS GIRL wrote "DIE" in NOBUTA'S desk kinda freaks me out. :pale: :pale:
Yeah, that part kinda freaked me out too. We know it's getting closer because of that crow at the end of episode 5 too...

But...
I think some is going to happen to Shujii because on the Japanese BBS board on the official site, someone in Japan wrote that they read the book and felt sorry for Shuji's character in the end.

I actually got a hold of the book myself, but haven't attempted to read it yet! Need to find my kanji dictionary first! :P

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 14th, '05, 01:04

noo , really hope it's not true ,

luve this scene hihi

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 14th, '05, 03:16

annah_alaba wrote:At the end of the FIRST EPISODE, you could already tell that something bad was going to happen and the video where the GREEN PIGGIE dies, I was confused. But when I read the FORUM and the LYRICS, it kinda clinched it (In my own opinion only) that one of them (I think SHUJI coz' the way the VIOLET PIGGIE moves like AKIRA in the hallway scene) is going to die or going to be hurt. :-( :-(

yeah, kinda confuse by the way Violet piggie moves. but i think it's been said before that in special episode there's explanation about these 2 piggie and green one is akira, violet one is shuji (i read somewhere around here, not sure which thread it is)

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 14th, '05, 03:33

Noooooo :cry: :cry: What is this I am reading about Shuji!!!???? :cry: :cry: I feel so upset reading these generalizations about the ending. But I dont think the Japanese would carelessly tossed such a twist unlike some of the kdramas I know. I'll be sad, but if it is done right, then I think, I can accept it.

Anyway Ive got a question about episode 5.
I dont really get what's the content of the flyers...is it really that big of an impact for nobuta to get some dirty looks from the other students? They were just pictures and details about her date with shittaka, what's the big deal?

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 14th, '05, 04:42

jaycee05 wrote:
I dont really get what's the content of the flyers...is it really that big of an impact for nobuta to get some dirty looks from the other students? They were just pictures and details about her date with shittaka, what's the big deal?
i was confused too!! i think the deal was that she was
playing with men, and this time her target was shittaka. even though shittaka was an idiot, i felt kinda sorry for him. haha especially near the end when he was playing with the soft toy he bought on their date.
episode five was fantastic~ nobuta wo produce just keeps getting better and better!! and yes, the shuujixakira scene was a MAJOR classic. keep it coming, boys!!

i love akira the stalker in open-neck skanky purple shirt =D that scene in the ambulance was soooo sweet~~ i kind of get the feelign that
nobuta likes shuuji. the bit when the two couples part on the double date, she was watching mariko and shuuji walk off arm in arm, and something about her expression...i think they might throw in a akiraxnobutaxshuuji love triangle.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 14th, '05, 04:50

I love the nobuta powaaaa thingy... :lol

I get the feeling that shuuji is the one who's changing, not nobuta... :-)

If I'm not mistaken, nobuta said that she didn't really want to be popular...

Arnovial

Post by Arnovial » Nov 14th, '05, 04:54

Episode 5 was the best so far!!! Yamapi screaming Nobuta and rolling around was hillarious. :D
I definetly think the new girl is the "mystery evil girl". She has the beauty mark, the skirt, andddd the crow flew across the screen at the end of the episode, while they were walking away.

But i was confused on what shuuji meant by saying he didn't want to loose. To whom?

I can't wait to see episode 6!

mangoicy

Post by mangoicy » Nov 14th, '05, 05:54

Arnovial wrote:Episode 5 was the best so far!!! Yamapi screaming Nobuta and rolling around was hillarious. :D
I definetly think the new girl is the "mystery evil girl". She has the beauty mark, the skirt, andddd the crow flew across the screen at the end of the episode, while they were walking away.

But i was confused on what shuuji meant by saying he didn't want to loose. To whom?

I can't wait to see episode 6!
Yeah, i noticed that too.. I got a feeling that
he's talking about that new "evil girl".. Coz he mentioned that he doesn't want to lose over those who can't stand seeing other people being happy.. So my guess is, that evil girl is the one who want to destroy Nobuta's happiness...
We'll see how it goes on the next episode. I can't wait till Saturday!!!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 14th, '05, 05:58

episode 5 really did rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobuta's date was sooo adorable.........I just wanted to pinch his cheeks and go, "aigoo, baby".

but darn it......the date ended somewhat abruptly and he was eh~

and as for the evil girl...........I'm hoping it's not Mariko because I actually like her character. :roll

candie

Post by candie » Nov 14th, '05, 06:56

Yea, the new girl is definitely the crazy stalker.
I changed my mind about Mariko completely after epi 5. She went out of her way to make herself look bad so Nobuta would look good. Plus she took the rumours very graciously. There's a good friend.
So now...question is, why did the new girl do it?
I don't think it's because she likes Shuji since she should pick on Mariko instead. It's probably some deep rooted hate or jealousy from a long time ago.
I couldn't help wonder about the scene when..
Akira was under his cover screaming "Nobuta!" like a crazed lunatic. Then his "dad" or whoever he is that lives with Akira was all like he knew Akira was doing something bad....by himself. :whistling: *coughslikemasturbatingcoughs* :lol
And oh yea...I'll kill the producers if they kill Shuji in the drama. :x

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 14th, '05, 07:19

candie wrote: And oh yea...I'll kill the producers if they kill Shuji in the drama. :x
:lol :lol

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 14th, '05, 07:56

candie wrote:Yea, the new girl is definitely the crazy stalker.
Who's the new girl that everybody is talking about? :unsure: