7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

candie

Post by candie » Nov 14th, '05, 08:02

New girl is Nobuta's new "friend". The one that thanked her for helping her grandpa. Something's DEFINITELY not right about her.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 14th, '05, 08:50

yep yep , i'm confusing too , who is shuuji talking about when he said he didn't want to loose ... ?? who who ??

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Nov 14th, '05, 08:58

It doesn't make sense if Shuji just dies. What would he die of? He looks like he's in perfectly good health. Hmm. Accident? I wish this drama would stay the light-hearted and funny kind that it is so far. It seems like many of these light-hearted dramas always have some sort of tragedy happening within them nowadays (like H2)

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 14th, '05, 09:02

candie wrote:New girl is Nobuta's new "friend". The one that thanked her for helping her grandpa. Something's DEFINITELY not right about her.
Ah... ok. :-)
I'd never suspect her, unless of course she was lying about the grandpa part... :unsure:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 14th, '05, 09:55

gryzze wrote:
candie wrote:New girl is Nobuta's new "friend". The one that thanked her for helping her grandpa. Something's DEFINITELY not right about her.
Ah... ok. :-)
I'd never suspect her, unless of course she was lying about the grandpa part... :unsure:
ah, I see what you mean.
since most of know that the evil girl has been stalking shuji & co., (especially now with her taking pictures :glare: :cussing: ), she could have seen the ojisan and Nobuta scene....thus using "you saved my grandfather" as an excuse to get close to Kotani.
ah, suka suka...wagata~ :salut:

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 14th, '05, 11:04

Damm u guys think a lot about this! :P I never would have guessed about :
The new girl being the 'evil' one. I thought it was so sweet that Nobuta FINALLY made a girl friend that I was weepy!! Its going to be too heart breaking if she turns out to be against her.

Also, I have to rant a bit, sorry! I LOVED the scenes where :
Akira stops Shuji from touching Nobuta, then finds that he can't move his hand to touch her himself..hehehehe..that was sooo good! Plus at home where he gets all embarassed about having held her hand and brought it to his face. :D
About Shuji :
What exactly did he get so mad about? He was bugged at her for not wanting to be popular right? Is that all? And at the end..not wanting to lose to someone who cant be happy for others..could that mean himself? Like he wasnt happy for Nobuta if she wasnt going to want to be popular..i.e. change herself?
And lastly, Nobuta :
She wants to pass the ball back to them? I.e. be on an even footing with everyone? Give and take? Oh oh, and I THINK she might like Shuji..like someone said earlier..the way she was looking at him walking away with Mariko and even later when she looked at him they'd do a close-up of his face.. Aah, I sense the drama getting darker in the future. :-(

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 14th, '05, 11:28

Aku wrote:About Shuji :
What exactly did he get so mad about? He was bugged at her for not wanting to be popular right? Is that all? And at the end..not wanting to lose to someone who cant be happy for others..could that mean himself? Like he wasnt happy for Nobuta if she wasnt going to want to be popular..i.e. change herself?
i think it was because
he couldn't stop himself from getting 'persuaded' by the rumours on the paper. i thought it was something like that, like he actually believed them, which is why later on the vice-principle was like "it's just a piece of paper", and then in the end he crumples it up and throws it at her.
And lastly, Nobuta :
She wants to pass the ball back to them? I.e. be on an even footing with everyone? Give and take? Oh oh, and I THINK she might like Shuji..like someone said earlier..the way she was looking at him walking away with Mariko and even later when she looked at him they'd do a close-up of his face.. Aah, I sense the drama getting darker in the future. :-(
the drama seems pretty dark already. haha i think it was like
she wanted to be able to do things for herself as well, instead of always having them force her to do it. that's kind of what she means by always the two of them throwing balls at her. and then when she says she wants to return them, i think she means that she wants to do things for them as well. haha it's kinda hard to figure out...i don't even know if i'm right - this drama is so deep!!

ryohei

My first post ...

Post by ryohei » Nov 14th, '05, 11:57

Guys if you recall in the 2nd episode where nobuta didnt want to cut her hair.. she asked shuji if he would wear that... green clothing.. in the end shuji conviced her by wearing green and akira thinks he's cute because he is wearing pink.. i'm pink! i'm green! 17:52 episode 2
and yeh mole on evil girls face .... mole on new friend... blue skirt blue skirt errm... how suspicious

Mariko i feel bad for her in episode 5... coping some bad publicity

sharonfruits

Post by sharonfruits » Nov 14th, '05, 12:02

this drama is great...but it gets darker every ep....and i think something REALLY bad is going to happen...so it won't always be light hearted...

about akira...
i think there's some dark story behind him...like the piggy ending,akira was beatten up by some other pigs...so i think that theres a sotry about him later(plus his a son of a rich man..mmm..so i think there's a reason why he's staying in the tofu shop,i don't buy the story he said to shuji in the 1st ep

i really like the scene where shuji and akira was acting like nobuta and her date(forgot his name)...so kawaii

my REAL fave was when akira took nobuta's hand and touch his face..ahhhhhhh.....

there will be love tringle late...i'm sure...

jica

Post by jica » Nov 14th, '05, 17:38

yeah... the drama is kind of deep.. you get so confused sometimes :glare:
I think if Shuji really dies in the end, maybe he does that to save someone..? I mean, he's changing a lot. In the beginning he has no real friends. He's on good foot with everybody, but he doesn't really care for them (and they don't care for him either). Then he makes two friends. He changes his values in life. Maybe they will be that important for him that he'll stand up for them, even risk his life...? Just a little thought I have.

I know that I will cry if he really dies in the end... :cry:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 14th, '05, 17:55

omomo stop with this
Shuuji dies ?? nothing is sure yet , so don't say that so easily , akaakak
Let's rather enjoy the eps when they're together now and nothing happens yet !! ^o^

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Nov 14th, '05, 18:14

yess....nobuta wo produce is getting exciting with each episodes.
i was wondering, when is it usually aired in japan? (because episodes 5 just come out this week-end), and aren't there any subs for eps 00??

39 :-)

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 14th, '05, 19:24

i think it was because
he couldn't stop himself from getting 'persuaded' by the rumours on the paper. i thought it was something like that, like he actually believed them, which is why later on the vice-principle was like "it's just a piece of paper", and then in the end he crumples it up and throws it at her.
Hey Unkei! I see u again in another thread! :D I think that makes sense ^ ..although why Shuji would think like that is beyond me..especially when he's the one who's with Nobuku all the time so he should KNOW what shes like!! I got a bit angry with him in that scene.. :roll
the drama seems pretty dark already. haha i think it was like
she wanted to be able to do things for herself as well, instead of always having them force her to do it. that's kind of what she means by always the two of them throwing balls at her. and then when she says she wants to return them, i think she means that she wants to do things for them as well. haha it's kinda hard to figure out...i don't even know if i'm right - this drama is so deep!!
Again..ah. Makes a little more sense now. :) I love this girl. And Akira, and Shuji.. :P hehe..

annah_alaba

Post by annah_alaba » Nov 14th, '05, 19:39

acidkung wrote:
annah_alaba wrote:At the end of the FIRST EPISODE, you could already tell that something bad was going to happen and the video where the GREEN PIGGIE dies, I was confused. But when I read the FORUM and the LYRICS, it kinda clinched it (In my own opinion only) that one of them (I think SHUJI coz' the way the VIOLET PIGGIE moves like AKIRA in the hallway scene) is going to die or going to be hurt. :-( :-(

I hope nothing bad happens. :cry: But what SHUJI said at the end of the first episode "That in the future something truly dark and deep, there was real evilness that we had to fight" and the MYSTERIOUS GIRL wrote "DIE" in NOBUTA'S desk kinda freaks me out. :pale: :pale:
yeah, kinda confuse by the way Violet piggie moves. but i think it's been said before that in special episode there's explanation about these 2 piggie and green one is akira, violet one is shuji (i read somewhere around here, not sure which thread it is)
What special episode????

If you watched carefully the ending song, the VIOLET PIGGIE had his arms stretched out and walking across the hallway like a drunk would do. Then the GREEN PIGGIE met him and they went inside the classroom. The VIOLET PIGGIE went and stood up on the desk of AKIRA in the series near the window. So from that scene, you could tell that the VIOLET PIGGIE is AKIRA not the other way around. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: (That's my opinion only.)

I've been thinking too hard about this series. I expected this series to be fun and light. But I can't help watching it. It just shows that it has the mark of a good series where it let's you believe in one thing and then suddenly turn 180 degrees (I'm getting way too philosophical for a TV series). Let's just hope that whatever happens (good or bad) in the end, it would be worthwhile. :-) :-) :-)

jica

Post by jica » Nov 14th, '05, 21:16

There's a Nobuta wo produce eps00 (search the torrent), with like interviews, games and little about the drama-making, with Kame and Yamapi.

There you can see that the green piggie is Akira and the violet one is Shuji. Don't understand why the ending theme ends like that. But maybe the piggie isn't dead, just seriously hurt.... :roll

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 14th, '05, 21:28

all this green and violet piggie switching is making me dizzy. :lol

annah_alaba

Post by annah_alaba » Nov 14th, '05, 21:32

I just saw episode 4 and NOW I'M CONFUSED AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!

I thought The VIOLET PIGGIE is AKIRA but when I saw their neckties AKIRA WAS WEARING A GREEN TIE and SHUUJI WAS WEARING RED TIE.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME????

Someone said that that this series was based on a book where SHUUJI dies. Can anyone confirm this????

jica

Post by jica » Nov 14th, '05, 22:05

Somebody uploaded the theme song "Seishun Amigo" (really nice by the way), and the file is called [PV] Shuuji to Akira - ......

I just wonder, what does PV mean? Music video or something?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 14th, '05, 22:16

jica wrote:Somebody uploaded the theme song "Seishun Amigo" (really nice by the way), and the file is called [PV] Shuuji to Akira - ......

I just wonder, what does PV mean? Music video or something?
It's a term used for Japanese music videos and stands for Promotional Video.

More info here: http://wiki.theppn.org/PV

jica

Post by jica » Nov 14th, '05, 22:19

I see. Thanks! :P

seira

Post by seira » Nov 14th, '05, 23:52

this drams is really great even though i didn't expect it to be.

i don't know how many people did this but i was soooo curious about the ending that i went online to search for the synopsis of the book (yes it comes after a book). i discovered about the story of the book, but since so many things have been changed from the book, i could not find any answers in the end.

how the book ends
shuji successfully turns the "nobuta" into a very popular guy. however, just when "nobuta" started to become popular, his own mask began to fail him. after some particular incident, shuuji changes from the most loved guy to the most hated guy in this school. finally the book ends by shuuji transfering to a different school in order to reestablish his "mask" in a different env't. so his innate character has not chaged at all.
modification in setting from the book
first, "nobuta" in the book is a fat and ugly GUY with a very good heart, only is being jeapodized because of his looks.

second, there is not akira in the book (pleaes correct me if i am wrong about this.) so i don't have any idea how akira is going to fit into the drama
i'm sure there are some loves developing here and there since we alredy saw one doing so in the newest episode. But i am still hoping for a love between shuuji and nobuta.

finally
i don't think anyone would die in this serie. if someone did, that will shock the hell out of me, but i seriously doubt it.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 14th, '05, 23:55

/me learns a new trick and stays away from those bad boxes. :lol

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 15th, '05, 00:01

Yes, thank god for those spoiler boxes... :pale:

Let's leave a few surprises for the coming episodes... :lol

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Nov 15th, '05, 02:19

At first I only watched this because of Kame and Yamapi, since I kinda needed another series to watch to fill in the gaps between The Death of Love and Hana Yori Dango, lol. At first when I watched the first two or three eps I found this series incredibly boring, that and I was fast-forwarding parts since I hate watching people getting bullied. But as I watched the second and third time (yes, this is my way of killing time :P ), I found it to be more and more good, and for some odd reason, it made me feel freakishly depressed.

This is a sorta bittersweet series, IMO. You'll find some parts heartwarming, and yet some parts just make kinda tears you apart. Although some parts just totally doesn't make any sense. --; Like the part in the haunted house in where they turn around to take photos for the three people, only to find them disappeared, or vanished. :blink

As for this series basing off of a book in where Shuji dies, yes it's true, but Shuji may not necessarily die since the whole script had some changes in it. For example, Nobuta was supposed to be a guy, and Akira didn't even exist in the book. So yeah...

Ehehehe, I can't wait for ep 6 because Akira runs away from home and moves in with Shuji... :mrgreen:

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Nov 15th, '05, 03:40

ironicwave wrote:/me learns a new trick and stays away from those bad boxes. :lol
LOL me too. i was so depressed after reading the "mega spoiler" one. i thought it was just a spoiler for an episode :cry: .. i hope it isn't true. i thought this would be a light/fluffy/happy show... but i don't know now

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 15th, '05, 04:06

Toritorisan wrote:
blackstarjr wrote:The hunt for the mysterious/stalker/life messer continues...so after watchin ep5, here are my thoughts..The mask is about to come off, I hope..hehe
(donn read if u haven't seen ep5)
ok, from ep4, Bando can be eliminated which leaves Mariko.But with ep5, the new girl who appears at the end, I am also putting her on the list cus that birthmark right next to her chin looked kinda familiar. When someone was taking pictures of Shinji and Nobuta on the rooftop, that girl had a birthmark...so now Mariko almost off the list and new girl 99% probability of her being the culprit..if it turns out to be true, then we are in for the betrayal of new friendship senario..hehe(get close pretending to be friends, then finally betray)
Just watched episode 5! Some thoughts as plot thickens.... (Spoilers for episode 5)
I don't know if Mariko is the mysterious troublemaker, but I think she is definitely not what she seems. I wonder if she is actually like Shuji, where popularity is just a game and she is going out with Shuji for the same reason he is? I just thought it was weird when they were eating lunch, and when she made Shuji buy her a drink, as if she was trying to get rid of him for a second. Her experssion changes and it was strange how she snatched the something from their bento too.

She also said at the end of the date "Kyou wa tanoshihkatta desu." Exactly what Shuji told Nobuta to say at the end of the date, even Shuji kinda looked at her funny when she said it.. (I wonder if she heard them talking?) Nobuta said it at the wrong time of the date, but it's funny that Mariko remembered it.

For me, I can't tell if the new girl could be the one, but it's a possiblity! Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!
I really want to read the book! I think this drama seems light-hearted, but I have a feeling the storyline might take a turn towards the end.

nope. i don't think mariko is the evil mastermind. at least that's what it is in the book. but i heard the drama doesn't follow the book very much.

and when mariko said "Kyou wa tanoshihkatta desu.", it was mariko who actually taught shuji this line. at the start of episode 5, shuiji proposed to her a double date. And he later on he told mariko that her appearance might make nobuta seem of lower standards. so mariko is a very nice girl. she is willing to make herself turn into a 'bad girl' to make nobuta look better than her in front of the guy who likes nobuta. and shuiji asked her what is the most impt thing to make a date successful? and mariko taught him the "Kyou wa tanoshihkatta desu." she did not eavesdrop them!

i'm not a fan of mariko, but just clearing up some misunderstandings here... :lol

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 15th, '05, 04:11

crazylazy_chief wrote:At first I only watched this because of Kame and Yamapi, since I kinda needed another series to watch to fill in the gaps between The Death of Love and Hana Yori Dango, lol. At first when I watched the first two or three eps I found this series incredibly boring, that and I was fast-forwarding parts since I hate watching people getting bullied. But as I watched the second and third time (yes, this is my way of killing time :P ), I found it to be more and more good, and for some odd reason, it made me feel freakishly depressed.

This is a sorta bittersweet series, IMO. You'll find some parts heartwarming, and yet some parts just make kinda tears you apart. Although some parts just totally doesn't make any sense. --; Like the part in the haunted house in where they turn around to take photos for the three people, only to find them disappeared, or vanished. :blink

As for this series basing off of a book in where Shuji dies, yes it's true, but Shuji may not necessarily die since the whole script had some changes in it. For example, Nobuta was supposed to be a guy, and Akira didn't even exist in the book. So yeah...

Ehehehe, I can't wait for ep 6 because Akira runs away from home and moves in with Shuji... :mrgreen:

i can't wait for epi 6 too !! gosh the major spoiler really ruined my day. when i first clicked the box.. i was :goggle: :crazy: :pale:

i hope that the script ending will be entirely different from the book. *prays*

i uploaded a Seishun Amigo HD perf for a friend, decided not to waste the link...
here it is.

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Nov 15th, '05, 04:20

okay.. darnit darnit.. enough of the killings..

i doubt the producers of the show will go as far as offing the characters..

somebody getting beat up is as far as it would go.. i'm betting my obsession to yamapi on that. :P

guys!! go to youtube.com and type in these guys names and you're sure to find a lot of nice vids.. :-) you can also find the making of the PV there.

:)

/me hums...
SI oretachi wa itsudemo futari de hitotsu datta
jimoto jya ike shirazu soudarou
SI oretachi wa mukashi kara konomachi ni akokarete

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 15th, '05, 11:18

Seira : thanks for the bits of info on the book. Its interesting to see the differences, and after reading that, I think its really clear that the drama has been changed A LOT. So I think all rumours should just be forgotten about.. :-)

Crazylazy_cheif : you're right, its a very bittersweet kind of drama. It makes you laugh, it makes u cry, but cry in a good sense... you dont cry coz the situations impossible, you cry coz u feel for the characters so much. Also, every episode (so far, atleast) has ended off positively..which means you can have a good day after it. :P

Esthyun : Thanks for the clip!! I'm going to download it now! :)

Littlemissfab : And thank you for the site! ;) Will check it out!

AsianRice

Post by AsianRice » Nov 15th, '05, 12:44

esthyun wrote:
Toritorisan wrote:
blackstarjr wrote:The hunt for the mysterious/stalker/life messer continues...so after watchin ep5, here are my thoughts..The mask is about to come off, I hope..hehe
(donn read if u haven't seen ep5)
ok, from ep4, Bando can be eliminated which leaves Mariko.But with ep5, the new girl who appears at the end, I am also putting her on the list cus that birthmark right next to her chin looked kinda familiar. When someone was taking pictures of Shinji and Nobuta on the rooftop, that girl had a birthmark...so now Mariko almost off the list and new girl 99% probability of her being the culprit..if it turns out to be true, then we are in for the betrayal of new friendship senario..hehe(get close pretending to be friends, then finally betray)
Just watched episode 5! Some thoughts as plot thickens.... (Spoilers for episode 5)
I don't know if Mariko is the mysterious troublemaker, but I think she is definitely not what she seems. I wonder if she is actually like Shuji, where popularity is just a game and she is going out with Shuji for the same reason he is? I just thought it was weird when they were eating lunch, and when she made Shuji buy her a drink, as if she was trying to get rid of him for a second. Her experssion changes and it was strange how she snatched the something from their bento too.

She also said at the end of the date "Kyou wa tanoshihkatta desu." Exactly what Shuji told Nobuta to say at the end of the date, even Shuji kinda looked at her funny when she said it.. (I wonder if she heard them talking?) Nobuta said it at the wrong time of the date, but it's funny that Mariko remembered it.

For me, I can't tell if the new girl could be the one, but it's a possiblity! Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!
I think you handled Mariko's attitude wrong. She was acting like that at a date because she wanted to make Nobuta look good in front of the other guy. That's why she gave the little piece sign towards Shuji when he left the table.

After that, rumors got started saying she didn't know how to cook, that could've hurt her popularity. However, she said that as long as Shuji knows the truth, it's fine. I don't think she's going out with him just for popularity.

I'm not saying she can't be the 'evil' girl, but as of right now, I don't think that.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 15th, '05, 13:27

about Mariko
I still find that her behaviour is a little strange , I think she doubtes something about Shuuji but doesn't want to say .. who knows she's just acting in front of everyone ?? , humm it's so soon to judge anything on her characters , waiting forward on next eps :D
about Akira
just wonder wat he would do if one day he discover theone Nobuta likes is not him ??? a guy with a such character like him ?? can't imagine wat he would do ... hihi can't wait to see that ... xD
about Shuuji
he really makes me mad sometimes xp , I really dun't know why he gets mad at Nobuta just becuz she says she doesn't want to become popular ?? he doesn't even understand her feelings !! ayaya , what he cares is only his pride and wat people could say on him ... xp , bad attitude ... but though , he changes little by little after each eps , akaka , and really curious to see how he is at the end ... someone that i dun't know ... :p

jica

Post by jica » Nov 15th, '05, 15:59

I think the reason Shuji became angry with Nobuta was that he felt she didn't appreciate what he did for her (the date) and he's trying to reach a goal that she didn't even want to. Nobuta said she didn't really want to be popular and Shuji's reaction is somekind of "What? I'm trying to make you popular because I thought you wanted it, and know you say you don't." But of course he thinks a lot of his pride, can't understand the real important thing, like honesty and what you feel in heart.

About Mariko, I still think she's not quite that nice that she wants others to think. But she seems really in love with Shuji, and as long Shuji doesn't fall for Nobuta, then Mariko wouldn't be jealous and is even willing to help Nobuta.
What is spoiler and what isn't? Is it okay to discuss it if somebody else already has said it....? :scratch:

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 15th, '05, 16:26

Nomanymore wrote:about Mariko
I still find that her behaviour is a little strange , I think she doubtes something about Shuuji but doesn't want to say .. who knows she's just acting in front of everyone ?? , humm it's so soon to judge anything on her characters , waiting forward on next eps :D
i think mariko seems strange may be becuase she suspect something between shuji and nobuta.. like why my boyfriend is so close to her, why my boyfriend helps her or such .. just kind of jealousy, that's all

BTW, someone notice that the evil girl's necktie is red? episode 5, 30.12 when she release the leaflet over basketball ground, her tie is at right corner of the frame
mariko wears blue tie ... the new girl wears red tie... so... :roll

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 15th, '05, 16:37

jica wrote:
I think the reason Shuji became angry with Nobuta was that he felt she didn't appreciate what he did for her (the date) and he's trying to reach a goal that she didn't even want to. Nobuta said she didn't really want to be popular and Shuji's reaction is somekind of "What? I'm trying to make you popular because I thought you wanted it, and know you say you don't." But of course he thinks a lot of his pride, can't understand the real important thing, like honesty and what you feel in heart.

About Mariko, I still think she's not quite that nice that she wants others to think. But she seems really in love with Shuji, and as long Shuji doesn't fall for Nobuta, then Mariko wouldn't be jealous and is even willing to help Nobuta.
What is spoiler and what isn't? Is it okay to discuss it if somebody else already has said it....? :scratch:
generally you have a discussion on a series to talk about what happens, ne? if i hadn't seen any of the episodes yet, i wouldn't look in the discussion thread to begin with. i just think it's safest to leave anything that happens beyond the current episode in spoiler boxes, even if some of those MEGA SPOILERS ABOUT THE END have leaked out in here, some people might not read the entire thread and be spared that agony if you don't repeat it page for page. a spoiler for a single episode is often not that crucial, but for crying out loud, don't give away the end when you're not even halfway through the series yet. i think those speculations should be in spoilerbox with added WARNINGS as to the content.
isn't it much nicer to be surprised while watching? i think so. 8)

EDIT: seeing as i fell victim to my curiosity concerning said MEGA SPOILER :x , i don't even dare click on any more spoilers for now.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 15th, '05, 16:41

I've been wondering something about ep5...
Wasn't Shuuji keeping his friendship with Nobuta secret from everybody? But it seems that everybody knew about the double date in ep5 (atleast Mariko did).

Did I miss something?

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Nov 15th, '05, 18:12

Wasn't Shuuji keeping his friendship with Nobuta secret from everybody? But it seems that everybody knew about the double date in ep5 (atleast Mariko did).

Did I miss something?
Yes, everybody knows becoz there's a fliers all around the school about the double date.

* Nobuta Power.... Chuunin

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 15th, '05, 18:19

But...
A lot of people seemed to know before the date. I mean Mariko even offered to help by making Nobuta appear better than her...

In the earlier episodes I got the feeling that Shuuji kept it from her too.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 15th, '05, 18:55

annah_alaba: if you still have doubts about piggies just check caps I posted on page 2 or 3

I watched ep 5 at last hehe but I guess ep 4 is still my favourite :wub: However this ep had a lot of cute moments as well...
- haha jealous Akira is just adorable!! :wub: the scene on the roof was hilarious :rofl: and Shuji was great as Nobuta!!
- Akira undercover :wub:
- Akira taking Nobuta's hand in kyuukyuusha and than feeling embarrassed about that :wub: :wub:
- Akira saying Nobuta's name when he was sleeping :wub:
omg Akira is in all my favourite scenes here :lol he's definitely my fav character since the previous ep!!

other thoughts...
I still don't trust Mariko...even tho I liked her conversation with Shuji after the rumors was spread out but there's something wrong with her....you know what caught my attention? Shuji said that she was sooo good in acting as a bad date or something like that :P I think we saw the true Mariko on that date :lol but she isn't the stalking girl for sure.
The new girl...hmm I don't know what to think about the grandfather coz she said that Nobuta should visit him or something so if it isn't really her grandfather the lie would be easily discovered. but I'm not saying she's not the evil girl on a contrary she might have just use the situation to get close with Nobuta :unsure:
Shuji was angry at Nobuta coz he believes he's doing all this for her, he's trying so hard to make her popular so he was shocked when she said she didn't want to be popular. I think the only meaning of this scene was to make it a base for the finale scene when Akira made Shuji fallow Nobuta to show him that they don't really know much about her. I'm just waiting for a moment when Shuji realize that he's not doing it for Nobuta but for himself.
one more important part imo...Shuji's father + plane + Nobutan :lol

jica

Post by jica » Nov 15th, '05, 22:14

I liked ep 5, really funny :lol
My favorite scene is when Shuji and Akira act Nobuta and the other guy, preparing Nobuta for the date. They're so funny... and their reaction when the teacher comes LOL :mrgreen:

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Nov 15th, '05, 22:17

Well, I don't really understand why people thinks that Mariko is such a bad girl. And i can't find anything bad that she has done since episode one that make her looks evil. Just because she is beautiful and popular doesn't make her a bad girl you know. This is not Hana Yori Dango.

Anyway, It's kind odd that nobody notices how **** Shuji is in Episode 5. Never ever reply "Kyou wa tanoshihkatta desu" with "umm'. It's rude. At least he should reply with "Hai, tanoshikatta desu ne" or something. And playing with Mariko-chan heart is really really unforgivable. And still everyone think that Mariko is the evil one.

And credit should be given to Maki Horikita too for doing a good job as Nobuta. People seems to forgot about how good she is since they keep focusing on Yamashita and Kame in this thread.

* Beautiful is not a Sin.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 16th, '05, 01:29

gryzze wrote:But...
A lot of people seemed to know before the date. I mean Mariko even offered to help by making Nobuta appear better than her...

In the earlier episodes I got the feeling that Shuuji kept it from her too.
you're right. a lot of ppl knew about the date before it even happened, but that was because they all thought shuuji was helping shitaka out, cos shuuji and shitaka are in the same group of friends. they didn't know that shuuji was actually helping nobuta in secret, except i think mariko notices.

O.G.

casting question

Post by O.G. » Nov 16th, '05, 02:15

Hi!

Ive watched this drama from episode 2 to episode 5. Since I have no computer I have to watch it on tv...but I have a casting question thats probably pretty hard and it contains a small episode 5 plot spoiler.

If anyone knows, I will love them forever! Thankyou!

the actor who plays the guy who goes on the date with nobuta in episode 5. I always thought he was cute, but I was sure his part would remain ridiculoulsy tiny throught the show. now that he had some screen time, does anyone know his last name? The first name is tatsuya.
Thanks!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 16th, '05, 02:58

unkei: You're probably right... :-)

O.G.: It's wakaba tatsuya: http://www.ntv.co.jp/nobuta/class/004.html

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 16th, '05, 06:07

rdoll wrote:
And credit should be given to Maki Horikita too for doing a good job as Nobuta. People seems to forgot about how good she is since they keep focusing on Yamashita and Kame in this thread.
Dont u think it'll be odd to see these girls salivating over Nobuta :P
Nah, I mean seriously...I think she is a good actress too...hell...even I think she is over-the-top weird sometimes...Gotta love the smile! :lol and the way she walks, head down, slower than a turtle...I feel sorry for her :-( The way she puts effort into their popularity project, with that childish power sequence courtesy of Akira...and how she pumped her fist on ep02, probably thinking, "yosh! I can do this" and the "Ohayo Gozaimasuuuuuuuuuuu!!!" :cry: Watching her try her best, sort of makes me do some things I dont usually do in real life...good stuff, that is.

ep05
She cracked me up when she walked up to the trio, and said "I had fun" just before they were to go spend the day :lol wattagirl!

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 16th, '05, 06:39

nobuta is a great character, undaunted by the fact that she's slightly unrealistic, who is nevertheless convincingly pulled off by maki horikita. i've seriously never thought that it could be possible for someone to have self-esteem that low, but still have so much inner strength. that scene in ep 4 with the flower bucket made me cry~ i've watched it over so many times.

i wonder if they'll really succeed in 'producing' her, because it'd be disappointing to see nobuta with the flair and confidence of a popular girl - it'd be so out of character!! i'd like to see them reach the point where she has more confidence in herself, but not to the extent where she's a part of the 'in' crowd. i'd like akira and shuuji (especially shuuji) to befriend her for who she is, but i guess we're starting to get a notion of that by the end of episode 5 =D

O.G.

Post by O.G. » Nov 16th, '05, 06:49

...gryzze...you know what that means...

I love you forever!! :wub:

thanks a million. :D

godmode

Post by godmode » Nov 16th, '05, 22:28

can someone explain what exactly that paper said?? i didnt get it.

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 17th, '05, 05:22

does anyone think that the new girl who befriended nobuta might be the girl who is messing up with things? i know it might be too much of a coindence that nobuta saves her grandpa and she came to thank her and hence befriended her. but then again, i noticed that the evil girl has a mole on the side of her face. and that new girl does have one too.well i might be wrong.

yay! another 2 days to a saturday again. does anyone know how many episodes there will be for nobuta? i just love the two guys in the show. i'm in love with the song too.. seishun amigo!

i did a banner, some comments will be appreciated. so i will know where to improve next time on. :roll
Attachments
shuijiaki.jpg
shuijiaki.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 3871 times

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 17th, '05, 05:47

esthyun wrote:
does anyone think that the new girl who befriended nobuta might be the girl who is messing up with things? i know it might be too much of a coindence that nobuta saves her grandpa and she came to thank her and hence befriended her. but then again, i noticed that the evil girl has a mole on the side of her face. and that new girl does have one too.well i might be wrong.
many people notice that :roll read back around page 11-12, i think, and you'll see .. it's been discussed before

Yeah .. i'm really looking forward to saturday ... so addicted right now. in the mean time, i'll repeat this first 5 episodes over and over... :wub:

Aisling

Post by Aisling » Nov 17th, '05, 05:58

I totally love this drama
and I know some of the reason is that I like Yamapi :wub: I would probably see it even if it wasn`t good but *it is* and I`do believe this deserve a chance to be watched
just read the synonpsys before coz this is a highschool drama overused some said but if you like this category you will surely enjoy
as for me I love Akira`s character I watched episode 5 already and I think he`s the best so Kawai and always doing funny and weird things but when it comes to love he`s so shy and sweet I prefer him over Shuji but I still like the fact that Shuji always react at the end of the episode he has fears and doubts but at the end and thks to Akira`s help he always do good.......

There`s a liking for everything and that`s why there`s variety for all
So for people that don`t like sweet funny and light young highschool stories just go and see some teary drama or those dramas that depress people instead of making them have a good and relaxing time

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 17th, '05, 07:52

Nobuta no Produce isn't on my fav list. I'm just watching it to see what happen between Mariko and Shuji (Since I haven't read the book) :P

peizhi

Post by peizhi » Nov 17th, '05, 10:26

esthyun wrote:

yay! another 2 days to a saturday again. does anyone know how many episodes there will be for nobuta? i just love the two guys in the show. i'm in love with the song too.. seishun amigo!

i did a banner, some comments will be appreciated. so i will know where to improve next time on. :roll
hey esthyun! yesh, finally the next epi of nobuta =] cant wait! if i'm not wrong, there're 10 episodes for nobuta wo produce. saw it on the official page the other day. yep, nice banner! really appreciate your effort! :thumright: did you do it with photoshop or some other programme??

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 17th, '05, 14:46

peizhi wrote: hey esthyun! yesh, finally the next epi of nobuta =] cant wait! if i'm not wrong, there're 10 episodes for nobuta wo produce. saw it on the official page the other day. yep, nice banner! really appreciate your effort! :thumright: did you do it with photoshop or some other programme??
wee i'm glad that you like it! yup i did it with photoshop 7. just started to play around with photoshop since i'm having more free time right now.

haha! I can't wait till saturday again. it's coming...

acidkung wrote:many people notice that Roll Eyes read back around page 11-12, i think, and you'll see .. it's been discussed before
yikes.. i didn't see.

sharonfruits

Post by sharonfruits » Nov 18th, '05, 01:49

AH..........saturday is coming...i CAN'T WAIT...
nobuta wo produce is one of my fav dramas...i don't know why...i had seen this kind of stories like a 100 times...there's just something very intresting about this drama...it gets darker every episode...and i just want to see what happenes next.

the cast of this drama is also so lovable...i just LOVE nobuta's character for some reason...mostly all of those low-self esteem girls in drams are irritating...but nobuta is so kawaii.akira and shuji is just so perfect...so handsome.....i hope one of them will end up with nobuta(hopefully akra..hahahaha).

there's so mush dicussion on who is the evil girl and stuff...why are all of u so nervous ...the bad thing of this 'i think that girl is the evil one' is that u won't enjoy this drama as much.like last time i also thought that mariko was the 'bad ' one(cause of the poll on this site),and when she appeared,i just hated her.but after the 5th ep,then the 'bad' girl changed into the new girl.then when i rewatched the show,i started to like marilo's character.

hehe,anyway saturday is coming~~~~~~~~~~~

n30hybr1d

Post by n30hybr1d » Nov 18th, '05, 05:41

I personally like this drama. Yes the story is abused and overused, but I like it for the entertainment factor. I think no matter how predictable it is, it's still very entertaining. Even just rooting for Nobuta is entertaining, and damn what a change when they dressed her up.

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 18th, '05, 21:08

Not that much ^, you can pretty much see her cuteness even when she has long hair and covered mostly of her face.. well, actually, you can see that if you have watched Densha Otoko.

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Nov 18th, '05, 23:40

how do u guys watch this on saturdays :O wat channel is it on?

and..

did you guys actually enjoy the first couple episodes or did u like it cuz those two guys are cute >_> dont get me wrong kamenashi kazuya is freakin hot :wub: , BUT i dont want this to b like another "full house" [very evill and lame korean drama that had Bi... so everyone told me it was good] im pending on whether i should watch this or not but so i was reading your comments, ._. most of them were like "ahh hes kawaii" :o if the actors were different but the acting was the same, and same story line would u guys watch >_>?

Moomin

Post by Moomin » Nov 19th, '05, 00:34

I can't even say this drama is predictable anymore. I mean the overall plot isn't anything fresh, but the side plots throw me off track and make me a bum for thinking this drama is actually a cliche for teenyboppers. Pleasant surprise. Love every episode so far.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 19th, '05, 01:34

NiikuraKaoru wrote:did you guys actually enjoy the first couple episodes or did u like it cuz those two guys are cute >_> dont get me wrong kamenashi kazuya is freakin hot :wub: , BUT i dont want this to b like another "full house" [very evill and lame korean drama that had Bi... so everyone told me it was good] im pending on whether i should watch this or not but so i was reading your comments, ._. most of them were like "ahh hes kawaii" :o if the actors were different but the acting was the same, and same story line would u guys watch >_>?
lol a lot of people would have watched it for kame and yamapi only in the beginning, but i assure you that the quality of the drama is much more attractive than the cuteness of the two boys added together. i was never a kame/yamapi fan (still isn't), but i knew about them and see them around a lot because i like other bands from the same company. i knew they were good-looking, but didn't really care too much about them. that's why when i watched episode one of nobuta i was rather tentative~ not knowing what to expect and not really expecting too much. but it's really proved itself VERY worthy of viewership, and will probably become my favourite drama of the year.

i agree with Moomin that it's not predictable at all. it's taken a very basic, overused plotline and made it into something magnificent. each episode of nobuta wo produce surpasses the one before it~ it only keeps getting better!!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 19th, '05, 01:38

NiikuraKaoru: give it a shoot!! maybe download the first ep and see if you like it. This is really worth watching imo it's number 2 this season and you know how many good doramas are aired right now. yup guys are hot but it can only help :lol also I think that most girls screaming *kawaiii!!!!!* etc mean rather the scene not Pii-chan/Kame in general (everyone knows that they are hot, right?)
so my suggestion is: watch the 1st ep and decide if you want to continue or not (I can bet you'll be hooked from the very beginning :P )

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Nov 19th, '05, 05:54

NiikuraKaoru wrote:how do u guys watch this on saturdays :O wat channel is it on?

and..

did you guys actually enjoy the first couple episodes or did u like it cuz those two guys are cute >_> dont get me wrong kamenashi kazuya is freakin hot :wub: , BUT i dont want this to b like another "full house" [very evill and lame korean drama that had Bi... so everyone told me it was good] im pending on whether i should watch this or not but so i was reading your comments, ._. most of them were like "ahh hes kawaii" :o if the actors were different but the acting was the same, and same story line would u guys watch >_>?
When i watched it, i had no idea who those two are.. and i don't still don't find them that cute. I love this drama.. the story intrigues me.

but then again..I like dramas like Full house which i've watched not becuase of Bi ( i didn't think he was hot at first... i thought he looked like a little boy.. but now :wub: )

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Nov 19th, '05, 06:44

Boy, this drama is addicting. Initially I didn't want to watch it, because I'm not a fan of Kame, and the plot did sound just like one of those teeny dramas which has been produced repeatedly. However, I decided to check it out since most of people here like it, and after the first episode, I am hooked. This is definitely interesting and is deeper than it first appears to be. Akira is totally adorable. I just love his way of walking down the stairs with both of his arm outstretched, lol, and the kiss kon kon, how cute XD. Okay, I shall be off to watch the remaining 2 episodes ^__^v

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 19th, '05, 11:05

today is a SATURDAY!!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 19th, '05, 16:15

and tomorrow is Sundayzzz !!!!!! ayayayay XD

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Nov 19th, '05, 16:32

i thought it was a rather gd drama, plot, theme song, cast...
one of my favs this season

oceansportrait

Nobuta wo Produce

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 19th, '05, 16:56

I'm liking it less and less as the more episodes I watch. The first few episodes had a general plot, but the last two or so episodes seem to be one-shot fillers (for the purpose of character development?). In a 12-episode series though, I think there's really no need for filler. For a 100+ series like Sailor Moon---maybe. But unnecessary here. Not to mention, the three main actors/actresses don't have "main character" quality.

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 19th, '05, 18:36

imo the 3 main characters in this show have very interesting characteristic ...this is what i thought when i watched the first episode... actually, the reason i continue to the second episode is that i never see any drama with these kinds of characters. it made me want to follow them and see how they develope themselves. well, how many dramas has their lead actress so depressed and always look at the floor (i think she'll continue with that habit)
maybe the actors don't have "main character" quality like you said (i don't feel that way) but i'm so hooked with their characters that i can't stop watching. :lol

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Nov 19th, '05, 19:48

thanx for the input u guys :lol im download it right now

but how do u guys watch it every saturday is my main question :O

the only reason i found this drama was because kame is in it >_> but i dont wanna watch then think "oh wow hes lame" ._. i guess i didnt like full house cuz i took advice from a bunch of bi fanatics to watch it..... afterwards i was like i hate full house, and my friends were like WHY HES SO HOT. and i finally figure out y they made me watch :x

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Nov 19th, '05, 20:16

I really felll in love with this drama.
At first I wasn't really sure to watch it... Cause the first episode that was put on here was soo large... But then I tried (because od Yamapi) and I somehow started to like it a lot. :wub:

The three main characters are just so much fun... ^____^
And find myself watching the new episode over and over again until the next one is here... haha... ^-^ :lol

haezi

Post by haezi » Nov 19th, '05, 20:27

I love the humor and the depth. As many of the people who posted before, I had my doubts about this drama but I'm glad I stuck with it.
The characters are definitely not ultra cool but I love the silliness with just the right measure of thought. I always harbored the prejudice that America is the king of comedy but I'm not so sure now--I love this kind of humor and this is only the first comedy japanese series I've seen...(I love k-drama comedies, as well).
And the "truth man"...now THAT is a stroke of genius. After all, there is nothing scarier than having to admit the truth...

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 20th, '05, 03:50

Man, I never knew I could be so impatience. I really need the sub for episode 6 like NOW. I want to know what Akira revealed to Shuji at the end of episode 6, something to do with Nobuta I'm guessing.

Oh well, calm down, I'll find out soon.

piano4112000

Post by piano4112000 » Nov 20th, '05, 04:57

What Akira said to Shuji was

Spoiler!!!!

I want Nobuta to be my girlfriend

clarinetkoko

Ep6 Spoiler

Post by clarinetkoko » Nov 20th, '05, 05:57

Akira didn't exactly say that, but he said 'I don't want anyone to look at her. I want to make Nobuta mine.' And that he wanted to quit producing her. Or something like that. o.o Ah, love triangles. >.>

darkdghter

Post by darkdghter » Nov 20th, '05, 06:10

OMG!!! That's so touching!!! But I'm starting to feel jealous... Yamapi... but I really really want to see it right now!!! not done downloading it so... :(

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 20th, '05, 07:20

I loved Akira in episode 6~! :D
This episode really showed the different sides of Akira's character. The first scene when he stayed overnight at Shuji's house was so funny! Sleep over! Kawaii! :lol

In the last scene he was so cool when he said he wanted to quit the producing because he wanted her to be his only! :wub:

I feel sorry for Shuji though. He'll probably feel like the third man out if they get together. Also, by producing Nobuta it gives him the excuse to meet with them secretly (which he admits he likes). I wonder if he's gonna like her too maybe? I wonder who Nobuko likes? It's hard to tell ( I thought she liked Shuji at first but she has so many scenes with Akira lately.) I would think that those two would get together since they met first at the willow tree.