Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

JC

Post by JC » Dec 4th, '05, 04:14

*laughs* I envy you Tomoya_sama! I wish I could speak fluent Japanese :-(

It's mad how you pick up little bits from just listening to music and watching these J-Dorama's though! :-)

I love the way Akira (he seems to be the main one) gets a few english words. I love the way he announicates english words. :lol I loved the "Yes! Fall in love!" and "Today! Tomorrow! Today!!" *chuckles* And it took me a while to realise that Akira was saying "Throw this out" (in episode 1 when him and Shuji are on the stairs) in english. The way he said it sounded so cool!

Can't wait to watch episode 8 and then enjoy it properly all over again when the subs come out. :P

Oooo yeah...and what day does "NWP" air in Japan?

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Dec 4th, '05, 07:37

Yay, it finally came out~~
Yeah, the Mariko x Akira was really really cute, but I think that Mariko's feelings are still directed towards Shuuji. It's a really cute couple. Did anyone else see the Shuuji to Akira contest Round 3 when they paired Shuuji with Nobuta and Akira with Mariko in the sushi-eating contest? :unsure:

Haha, so it was Aoi!! Mariko's too nice to do something like that to Shuuji. Can't wait for the subs to figure out what Aoi's reason is.

The following is a not-so-bad premonition that won't destroy the episode for you.
The episode felt like a 'happy ending', but there's still three episodes. It's going to go downhill from here I assume. Shuuji will probably crash and burn at the end before possibly fulfilling the 'book ending'. I hope it doesn't stay the same for another three episodes; that would just be stupid.

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Dec 4th, '05, 08:48

ah..... Kame is so *boring* in this drama.. i'm so sad.... BUT i still love him no matter what. ahhaa.. though i'm more into Tomohisa in this DRama. HEHEHHE

pompon

Post by pompon » Dec 4th, '05, 09:39

I felt so afflicted for Suji in this episode really I have a heavy heart. Really, Nobuta and Akira spend a lot of time to react

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Dec 4th, '05, 09:46

JC wrote:*laughs* I envy you Tomoya_sama! I wish I could speak fluent Japanese :-(

It's mad how you pick up little bits from just listening to music and watching these J-Dorama's though! :-)

I love the way Akira (he seems to be the main one) gets a few english words. I love the way he announicates english words. :lol I loved the "Yes! Fall in love!" and "Today! Tomorrow! Today!!" *chuckles* And it took me a while to realise that Akira was saying "Throw this out" (in episode 1 when him and Shuji are on the stairs) in english. The way he said it sounded so cool!

Can't wait to watch episode 8 and then enjoy it properly all over again when the subs come out. :P

Oooo yeah...and what day does "NWP" air in Japan?
Nobuta airs every Saturday at 10pm

redsea

Post by redsea » Dec 4th, '05, 12:51

Yeah, I take a "quick look" in ep8 (can't wait :D:D)....and feel relieve....Everything is solved more or less. Hope there will be happy ending. It will be too dark for a drama about high school students if it's going to have the same ending in the manga. Oh....about evil girl....it suprised me :D:D

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 4th, '05, 19:35

this episode is by far the best one for me too. it's just so sad but yeah a bit funny scene
ah..... Kame is so *boring* in this drama.. i'm so sad.... BUT i still love him no matter what. ahhaa.. though i'm more into Tomohisa in this DRama. HEHEHHE
well, i kinda think that his acting is good in this show. he portray the role so well that i feel pity for him. gosh i didn't want anything that happened to him to happen to me :crazy: except having great freinds like nobuta and akira :lol
their friendship has reached the top! i like the way nobuta and akira help shuji to feel better too. so cute. and akira try to ignore the photo of shuji and nobuta, i like his decision.

but since it's reach the top, i supposed it'll go down hill and i feel really sad. hope it'll turn out alright.
about evil one
i really want to kill her now :cussing: she's just so EVIL. when she said something about she would confess when she thinks it would make nobuta want to kill herself. gosh she is f***ing crazy. kill her kill her

JC

Post by JC » Dec 4th, '05, 19:42

I agree. Episode 8 was defineltey a Kame episode.

There's never really been a episode to allow him to show much range, but he was really good in this episode. I felt so sorry for him and for once it wasn't Nobuko was being outcast.

I love the things Nobuko comes out with though. She's one of the only people (other than Akira) who is completley honest with Shuji. When she asked him about if anybody was there to comfort Mariko, I was like "Oooooooooooooooooo...." - she told yo' ass!!! :lol

Great episode!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 4th, '05, 19:54

Yeah, I loved this episode!
The end with the rope magic was so touching :wub: Maybe the other 2 will start producing Shuuji :dance:

I know it probably won't happen, but I hope Mariko and Shuuji will get "back" together. It looks like she still loves Shuuji, since she still makes Bento for him. Also, she said she's not the type who gives up? :scratchchin:

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Dec 4th, '05, 20:04

Ok, just watched it with subs. A few thoughts.
Wow, Aoi is pure evil. Especially when she tries to blackmail Shuuji and says that she wants Nobuta to suicide. Pure Evil.. ne. My favourite part is when Akira does the "Nobuta pawaa chuu nuu" silently to Shuuji, but he doesn't notice. A lot happened, but at the same time very little happened. We finally find out who the girl is (when I saw the sleeves as she ran away, I nearly screamed) and Shuuji's popularity drops. But their friendship stands strong. I'm now rooting for the Mariko x Akira pairing. Right, and the video is on youTube, so here http://www.youtube.com/?v=orM2_EmoJhk the one with YamaP and Erika (Akira and Mariko). Really cute...

vis

Post by vis » Dec 4th, '05, 20:36

acidkung, you're giving words to my very thoughts on ep8!!! *lol* This episode was great~~~~
I felt so bad and so sad for shuji!!! All the stuff that happened to him~~ And no one of his "old" friends stuck up for or believed in him.... just shows exactly how much they know Shuji... well he never did show his true self, but those hanging around him ought to know... or maybe not *sighs* Well, well he sure is lucky to have Nobuta and Akira as true friends :)

And apart from what acidkung stated in his post I also found it most touching when Shuji wanted to and tried to do his utmost to protect Nobuta from finding how what an evil **** that Aoi girl really is because it would hurt her. And that evil girl.... even with the subs I'm still not clear WHY she's doing all those horrible things. Seems like it's just "fun" for her. What the heck is her problem????

So things will go downhill from her on? Noooo, dun wanna see that happen >_____< I'm very fond of Shuji, Akira and Nobuta~~ Dun want anything to happen to them!!!

JC

Post by JC » Dec 4th, '05, 21:27

Episode 8...WOW! :D
Aoi is a ****!!! How in the world could she have done that!?!? She needs to DIE!!!! I had a feeling it was her in the episode where she destroyed Nobuko's tape - That ****!!! In the beginning I thought it might by Mariko (it was the black knee high socks that made me suspect her :lol)

Aku

Post by Aku » Dec 4th, '05, 21:53

Dancestar was right with her warning..it is really sad! But really awesome too. Nomanymore pretty much summed up all my favourite scenes:
Nobuta running away and Shuji chasing her..kawaii :wub: , Akira burying the pic inside a vase, taping the lid closed AND sealing it..hahaha..but how mature is he? He didnt even ask who sent him that pic, he didnt question Shuji about it either..he just sealed it away and stuck by Shuji. :cry: I love this guy. I also loved the way he looked for Shuji in the cabinet whe he was with Mariko..hehehe.. And definitely, the scene with the three ropes coming together at the end was better than any words..especially when its followed by Akira's lets go home together jig. Yaay for these three!

On another note, I really wish Shuji would tell Nobuta about Aoi. It would be so much more easier finding out from him (Aoi isnt her first friend..he and Akira are!) rather than finding out later and from the @#$*&%! herself. And Mariko..I'm sorry I dont remember who wrote it, but yeah! She DID say she wasnt the type to give up didnt she? And she left the bento for him on the stairs so she was one of the only few people on his side. Even if they dont show them getting together, they might show them staying friends later.

Probably the only thing I didnt like about this episode was the mention of suicide. NO to that! I like the way the dramas been going so far..yes things get serious, but they end in a way that leaves u feeling good. I'm banking on things staying this way!

akkiyachan

Post by akkiyachan » Dec 4th, '05, 22:11

The atmosphere in episode 8 really darkened, even though we saw it coming.
Nobuta probably realized that Aoi was the evildoer. She decided to believe in Shuji at the end, after all.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 4th, '05, 22:15

Amrai wrote:
Right, and the video is on youTube, so here http://www.youtube.com/?v=orM2_EmoJhk the one with YamaP and Erika (Akira and Mariko). Really cute...
Thanks for the video. I was trying to figure out what are the rules of the game...do they get points if the sushi they picked was delicious? I should really learn some Japanese.*sigh*...YamaP was using his hands to eat his sushi...just like a kid...so cute.
I also checked out the pictionary contest( Shuji to Akira Contest Round 2-1 :lol :lol :lol :lol Kame is a bad artist compared to YamaP...and I'm not sure if this was the case, but one of the things that YamaP was to draw was Kame...coz I think I heard the teacher say Kame's name, and Kame was probably complaining that it doesnt look like him :lol :lol .
I can't believe so many people were actually surprised to find out the evil girl's identity. I say, to get the complete watching experience of a drama that is currently airing...you must keep up with the discussion going on at D-addicts...You don't know how much Ive learn about the actors' backgrounds or future speculations concerning the drama just by reading the members' posts...So many good observers around here :thumright:

Anyways, I dont feel like crucifying Aoi...it is wrong that she was fooling Nobuta or jeopardizing their every plan...but what she said to Shuji was true...trying to change Nobuta, and then making it look like he wasn't involve in it. Shuji has changed partly because of Aoi's evil deeds. Maybe her goal was the complete opposite of Shuji's...Shuji producing Nobuta, and in turn Aoi brining down Shuji's rep. Well, I guess you need to give up something to gain something in return...There are so many lines in this episode that makes you think...such as the vice-president talk with Nobuta about Dracula and believing...or the bookstore owner and his talk about having horrible and amazing days. This drama teaches its viewers in a really inconspicuous way.
The ending is kinda bittersweet :cry: I'm still not satisfied though even if everyone thinks it'll do as an ending. I need more NObuta!! :wub:

jica

Post by jica » Dec 4th, '05, 23:28

I saw ep 8 with the subs again.... so touching, I really really like the ending in this episode...

everybody should have friends like them 8)

bunnykins

Post by bunnykins » Dec 5th, '05, 03:44

Amrai wrote:Hmm, I was just rewatching the eps and I think I figured out which piggy in the ending is which...
In the second episode with the Nobuta transformation, she refuses to cut her hair unless they wear the really tacky uncool clothes in some shop. When they do, Akira says that he thinks that Shuuji's clothes are cooler. "Pinku dayo!!"
Shuuji replies, "Ore wa green!" Therefore, green one is Shuuji and Akira is the pink one. Probably. It makes more sense since the actor that plays Akira is known as YamaPi, which is short for "Yamashita pinku", from his Shounen Club days.
That was what I thought too at first. I rewatched the episodes because I really missed the "drunk from too much soymilk" akira.. and I realised..
if you notice the building Shuji is staying is almost similar to the building where the pink piggie is staying.. and I noticed that Shuji's family uses dining table with chairs while Akira and the tofu-man don't. The pink piggie has that dining table too. Just my thought tho. If I'm not mistaken, someone showed the screencaps saying the green one's yamashita, and the pink one is kame earlier.. hehe.

angel26_j

Post by angel26_j » Dec 5th, '05, 04:08

Hmm.. I think people should see it...
It's quite an interesting drama bout friendship between 3 very different people...
With Yamapi ini it, just add more flavour...
I reackon the drama is quite good and very funny !!

So, See It !! >_< "Gon-Gon"

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 5th, '05, 04:15

jaycee05 wrote:
I can't believe so many people were actually surprised to find out the evil girl's identity. I say, to get the complete watching experience of a drama that is currently airing...you must keep up with the discussion going on at D-addicts...You don't know how much Ive learn about the actors' backgrounds or future speculations concerning the drama just by reading the members' posts...So many good observers around here :thumright:

Anyways, I dont feel like crucifying Aoi...it is wrong that she was fooling Nobuta or jeopardizing their every plan...but what she said to Shuji was true...trying to change Nobuta, and then making it look like he wasn't involve in it. Shuji has changed partly because of Aoi's evil deeds. Maybe her goal was the complete opposite of Shuji's...Shuji producing Nobuta, and in turn Aoi brining down Shuji's rep. Well, I guess you need to give up something to gain something in return...There are so many lines in this episode that makes you think...such as the vice-president talk with Nobuta about Dracula and believing...or the bookstore owner and his talk about having horrible and amazing days. This drama teaches its viewers in a really inconspicuous way.
yes, i know that what Aoi said is true. but the way she does with Shuji .. to make him a normal man with no reputation.. it's just too mean.

Shuji has to learn it the hard way? yeah probably right for someone who don't change easily like him but this is too hard for him to handle (lol i'm very feel sorry for him now, so...)

if it goes that way, the result will sure make Shuji a better man...
agree with some of you about Mariko. i really love her right now for still loving Shuji
she's so lonely when she's having lunch alone .. with obento for Shuji putting near her. and she didn't just make it for him only once. i think she might continue to make it for him even he wouldn't have it. :cry: sad for her

solitude

Post by solitude » Dec 5th, '05, 05:22

Oh, I love everyone's views on this episode!! Love this series alot especially this epi.. friendship is the best~
Firstly, the disgusting evil girl..oh..i can't stand her looks..also her sick attitude..she's so annoying and she seems so proud of herself when she reveals what she had done to shuji...I tink she will be doing evil again the next episode :cussing:

I really love Shuji, Akira and Nobuko in this episode..True friendship..the last part is so touching when Nobuko make the string thingy..I was thinking..oh..so sweet~~ :D

I like how this episode links everything together... :wub: :wub:

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Dec 5th, '05, 08:11

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.. Though Kame is kinda annoying in there.. I STILL LOVE him THOUGH.. hah.. Kame.....he should smile more.. that way he will always look cute.. >_<

aina~

Post by aina~ » Dec 5th, '05, 10:01

aibakaneko wrote:I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.. Though Kame is kinda annoying in there.. I STILL LOVE him THOUGH.. hah.. Kame.....he should smile more.. that way he will always look cute.. >_<
I love this episode esp. kame's Shuji...
Kame sure knows how to play a forlorn character. His eyes expresses his feelings wonderfuly making the audience feel his pain.
The moment he started to lie again (the lunch scene) I was screaming "Noooooo!!!"
The Prince has fallen from grace...

aaaahhhh the ending...the most wonderful ending :-)

escapist

Post by escapist » Dec 5th, '05, 11:18

Just wanna say I thought Kame did a good job of portraying Shuuji. The character is really growing on me, love the depth of it. The green-pig-pink-pig thing.. I can think of reasons to justify the green pig being Shuuji OR Akira.. can't decide which one I'm really believing in. But the point is..... I really want a happy ending for the trio!! :-( Very badly. Be it Shuuji or Akira, I dont want him hurt. Or worse still, de*d!

I preferred HYD initially, but this drama is really getting very good in my opinion. It really touched my heart, in the non-conventional(i.e. romance-related) way.

And I love the cinematography to death. Does the sky in Japan always look that stunning??

And oh.. What do you guys think it was that Shuuji was wanting to tell Akira? Was actually expecting something like "I think I like Nobuta." I dont know why HAAA but that seems kinda far-fetched I know.

renko

Post by renko » Dec 5th, '05, 11:29

^ Mmm, I was thinking that Shuji wanted to tell Akira about the photo and that he was going to explain about what happened. Just my thought. ^^

escapist

Post by escapist » Dec 5th, '05, 12:45

renko wrote:^ Mmm, I was thinking that Shuji wanted to tell Akira about the photo and that he was going to explain about what happened. Just my thought. ^^
OH.. :O Yes that makes total sense to me now. Silly me lol.

JC

Post by JC » Dec 5th, '05, 14:56

And I love the cinematography to death
Me too. :D It's really well filmed. The only thing I don't like is the jerky slow mo they use. :scratch: Proper smooth slo-mo (like the slo-mo used in films like The Matrix) woulda been alot better.

I can't wait for episode 9. Man, I don't want this show to end!!! :P

It'll be interesting to see the dynamic of Shuji, Akira & Nobuka's relationship now that
- It's not a secret that the 3 of them are friends
- Shuji has experienced what it's like to be an outcast
- Shuji has realised who his true friends are...
...it'll be itneresting to see how everything branches out. I'm even more curious about the next episode especially as there was no teaser of what's to come.

JC

Post by JC » Dec 5th, '05, 15:02

Also... I thought a bigger deal woulda been made over Nobuka's smile in this episode.

She actually smiled normally without looking like she's got stomach cramps and no deal was made of it. (In the scene where Akira gives her a new phrase and a pose to close her lunch-time show with).

I just think a mention of Nobuka's smile from Shuji or Akira woulda been nice. Especially seeing as she actually has a very cute smile!

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 5th, '05, 15:22

^ my guess about no preview this week is that next episode is going to be something really really big :roll can't wait

saturday soon. plz saturday soon

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Dec 5th, '05, 16:00

im definitely loving this high sch teen drama, because it is more than just that...

i feel for shuuji's character too, and like every1 else's comments, the friendship among the 3 is really touching...

nice show!

it's fun to click on every1's spoilers, surprise to see so much discussion ha

keroro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by keroro » Dec 6th, '05, 02:33

HEY,
about ep08,
when shuji is discovered a liar and accused of ditching tani, and he goes home with his bicycle, after he leaves akira and nobuta, there's a scene of him crossing a bridge and a big lake can be seen. isn't that the same lake that youko throws herself in in Ai no Uta ep 01? it really seemed so =O

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Dec 6th, '05, 02:38

aina~ wrote:
aibakaneko wrote:I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.. Though Kame is kinda annoying in there.. I STILL LOVE him THOUGH.. hah.. Kame.....he should smile more.. that way he will always look cute.. >_<
I love this episode esp. kame's Shuji...
Kame sure knows how to play a forlorn character. His eyes expresses his feelings wonderfuly making the audience feel his pain.
The moment he started to lie again (the lunch scene) I was screaming "Noooooo!!!"
The Prince has fallen from grace...

aaaahhhh the ending...the most wonderful ending :-)

OMIGOSH! I just FInihsed it!!!! I'm like INLOVE with KAME ALL OVER AGAIN. hahahaha... THIS EPISODE ROCKS!!!! :cheers:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 6th, '05, 03:42

wow another great ep :wub:
at last they showed evil girl's face!! I'm happy they didn't keep it a secret any longer...viewers have already noticed who she is anyway and the whole mystery was getting annoying so I'm satisfied with this part...but I still don't really understand her motives :scratch: after her conversation with Shuji I thought that he was the reason of all her acts..that she wanted to influence Shuji's life the same way he was trying to change Nobuta's but if this was the reason why she wants Nobuta to commit suicide?? :blink maybe she's just crazy..she doesn't actually look crazy tho..she's planning everything and expects the results..*kowai*

Mariko, was soooo cute in this ep!!! the obento she left for Shuji was the cutest thing in the world!!! :wub: yay for Mariko in this ep!!

I don't understand why Shuji didn't tell Akira about the photo...he knew that Aoi is going to send it, right? wouldn't it be better if Akira find out about everything from Shuji? of course it would be better!!
but Akira was great when he found out!! :wub: :wub: it was another sign that their friendship is getting stronger and stronger

Shuji didn't tell Nobuta that it was Aoi, but my guess is that Nobuta noticed it too...I mean after that conversation with Shuji..

but what freaked me out in this ep was that falling ball :fear:
there was no preview this week so the next one is going to be really important ne
I can't wait for the next ep!!

btw, have you already voted in a poll?

renko

Post by renko » Dec 6th, '05, 04:14

yamatsumi wrote:wow another great ep :wub:
at last they showed evil girl's face!! I'm happy they didn't keep it a secret any longer...viewers have already noticed who she is anyway and the whole mystery was getting annoying so I'm satisfied with this part...but I still don't really understand her motives :scratch: after her conversation with Shuji I thought that he was the reason of all her acts..that she wanted to influence Shuji's life the same way he was trying to change Nobuta's but if this was the reason why she wants Nobuta to commit suicide?? :blink maybe she's just crazy..she doesn't actually look crazy tho..she's planning everything and expects the results..*kowai*

Mariko, was soooo cute in this ep!!! the obento she left for Shuji was the cutest thing in the world!!! :wub: yay for Mariko in this ep!!

I don't understand why Shuji didn't tell Akira about the photo...he knew that Aoi is going to send it, right? wouldn't it be better if Akira find out about everything from Shuji? of course it would be better!!
but Akira was great when he found out!! :wub: :wub: it was another sign that their friendship is getting stronger and stronger

Shuji didn't tell Nobuta that it was Aoi, but my guess is that Nobuta noticed it too...I mean after that conversation with Shuji..

but what freaked me out in this ep was that falling ball :fear:
there was no preview this week so the next one is going to be really important ne
I can't wait for the next ep!!

btw, have you already voted in a poll?
Mmm, I thought that she wanted to influence Nobuta's life like Shuji is doing except in a definitely more negative way. To be honest, I'm not quite sure myself but I think that the whole suicide thing makes a little more sense if I'm guessing right.

As for the photo thing, I believe Shuji did intend to tell Akira about it in that scene where Akira gives a declaration of aboslute friendship to Shuji (in the most adorable way ^__^). But Shuji said, his thoughts were all jumbled at the moment, so he wanted to tell Akira when he could think more clearly. And of course, Shuji doesn't know that Akira knows now. I guess he didn't anticipate Aoi to act upon it that soon.

As for Nobuta, to be honest, I find it hard sometimes to read her thoughts. At the moment, I think she believes Shuji but I don't think she suspects Aoi of anything bad either, nor does she want to.
Hee, can't wait for episode 9! *dances* :mrgreen:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 6th, '05, 09:28

renko wrote:
Mmm, I thought that she wanted to influence Nobuta's life like Shuji is doing except in a definitely more negative way. To be honest, I'm not quite sure myself but I think that the whole suicide thing makes a little more sense if I'm guessing right.
maybe you're right...I don't know why I had such an impression :unsure: but their conversation made me think that it was Shuji who was the target...wasn't she saying something that she was fallowing him and taking records since the beginning? I guess it was this part that made me think this way
renko wrote:
As for the photo thing, I believe Shuji did intend to tell Akira about it in that scene where Akira gives a declaration of aboslute friendship to Shuji (in the most adorable way ^__^). But Shuji said, his thoughts were all jumbled at the moment, so he wanted to tell Akira when he could think more clearly. And of course, Shuji doesn't know that Akira knows now. I guess he didn't anticipate Aoi to act upon it that soon.
I know he was planning to tell him there but he eventually decided to do it later. the photo was a small thing so I thought it was obvious that Aoi would revile it in a very short time. it's different with Nobuta..Aoi wants to work on their friendship to hurt her even more but the pic wasn't really a big deal for her...
Shuji got a chance to explain everything before Akira finds out but he didn't do it anyway..he's lucky Akira is such a great friend :wub:
I also think that Akira was hurt even more because Shuji didn't tell him than by the pic itself. after all Shuji knows how Akira feels about Nobuta
renko wrote:
As for Nobuta, to be honest, I find it hard sometimes to read her thoughts. At the moment, I think she believes Shuji but I don't think she suspects Aoi of anything bad either, nor does she want to.
I totally agree! most of the time it's hard to tell what is she thinking about. and this is the part of the dorama that could have been better imo. I mean Shuji and Akira's characters are presented very well but it makes me feel like they were 2 main characters and Nobuta was left out :-(
eh I'm not sure if it makes any sense :scratch:

renko

Post by renko » Dec 6th, '05, 09:38

You made sense. :-)
yamatsumi wrote:
maybe you're right...I don't know why I had such an impression :unsure: but their conversation made me think that it was Shuji who was the target...wasn't she saying something that she was fallowing him and taking records since the beginning? I guess it was this part that made me think this way

I was saying this in another forum. I'll just copy & paste what I said of what I thought about Aoi. **

With all the things that Aoi's been doing, it's been changing people, right? Like she said herself before, her reason for doing this was like Shuji's, she wanted to change people while hiding in the shadows because it was fun. So in a way, Aoi is playing God and she's having fun with it. She sees how the things she does can affect people at a great degree. Even now that she's drunk with this new power, she wants more. To get Nobuta to commit suicide would be the ultimate control over Nobuta.

So I'm thinking of two options. One: like Shuji at the beginning of the series, Aoi sees this as a game and she wants to see how much control she can get over Nobuta, committing suicide being the ultimate control (of course the difference is that Shuji's intentions were never to have control over Nobuta). Or two: Aoi, discovering this new power, becomes obsessed with playing God and again, if she could get Nobuta to committ suicide, she would feel even more powerful. Pretty sick, isn't it?

And concerning more on Shuji, with what you were saying about how Aoi was following him and such, I think that now, she's trying to control Shuji too. In order to do that, she's trying to dig up as much dirt as she can on him.

On a more happier note, that scene where Akira and Shuji are talking alone on the stairs, and Shuji asks Akira if he will believe him no matter what? Was anyone else touched by that scene? I seriously was. Especially when Akira basically declares his complete friendship to Shuji, that really made me smile. Applaud Akira is such a great character. All the things he does for Nobuta and Shuji, they really make your heart feel all fuzzy and warm. ^_____^

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 6th, '05, 10:24

^ yup I liked that scene too :-) Akira rox!! :wub:

anyway, another thought about Aoi..
I know she's evil and all but I kinda feel sorry for her...it seems she has never have any friend coz she just doesn't get the meaning of friendship..she must be really lonely..
I think that all the things she's done didn't affected them negatively..she made some things difficult for them but it only made their friendship stronger + Shuji's popularity is going down not because of her acts but because of the beaten guy and than the lie about having lunch with Mariko. so maybe when she noticed she can't control them this way she decided to get closer with Nobuta and makes her commit suicide but she doesn't realize how strong Nobuta has become
also it seems she wants Shuji to suffer the most that's why she told him about her plans..Shuji has a real dilemma right now coz he wants to protect his friends and he eventually started to think more about Akira & Nobuta than his popularity

I doubt there will be a bad ending...Aoi can't win!! she just CAN"T :x

pompon

Post by pompon » Dec 6th, '05, 17:28

yamatsumi said
I know he was planning to tell him there but he eventually decided to do it later. the photo was a small thing so I thought it was obvious that Aoi would revile it in a very short time. it's different with Nobuta..Aoi wants to work on their friendship to hurt her even more but the pic wasn't really a big deal for her...
Shuji got a chance to explain everything before Akira finds out but he didn't do it anyway..he's lucky Akira is such a great friend
I also think that Akira was hurt even more because Shuji didn't tell him than by the pic itself. after all Shuji knows how Akira feels about Nobuta
but, Why Shuji should explain something about this photo ? and how ? he didn't do anything. it's Nobuta which hugs him in her arms and not the opposite. It's Akira who would have to require some explanations to Shuji

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 6th, '05, 17:43

pompon wrote:yamatsumi said
Shuji got a chance to explain everything before Akira finds out but he didn't do it anyway..he's lucky Akira is such a great friend
but, Why Shuji should explain something about this photo ? and how ? he didn't do anything. it's Nobuta which hugs him in her arms and not the opposite. It's Akira who would have to require some explanations to Shuji
what Shuji should do is to tell Akira what really happen to avoid the misunderstanding.. that's all (coz he knows Aoi will show the photo)

and i think that the reason why Shuji didn't tell Akira at the time is that he was too afraid that Akira wouldn't believe him .. after all the lesson about 'no one will trust you' .. he didn't want to make it looks like an excuse

renko

Post by renko » Dec 7th, '05, 01:15

acidkung wrote:
what Shuji should do is to tell Akira what really happen to avoid the misunderstanding.. that's all (coz he knows Aoi will show the photo)

and i think that the reason why Shuji didn't tell Akira at the time is that he was too afraid that Akira wouldn't believe him .. after all the lesson about 'no one will trust you' .. he didn't want to make it looks like an excuse
Hm, I don't think it was so much that he was afraid that Akira wouldn't believe him because remember, Akira promised Shuji that he would always believe him. It could be, like you said, he didn't want to make any excuses. But I think it's more like what he said himself, that his thoughts were all jumbled up and he needed some time to organize them. I think this makes sense because with all these crazy things happen, Shuji doesn't want to mess up again so he wants to take action when his mind is clearer.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Dec 7th, '05, 03:45

I'm really liking this series quit a lot, more so then some of the other things I'm watching, I think even more than Hana Yori Dango too

Anyone else notice the densha character in ep 8? :D

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 7th, '05, 04:01

Yeah, that dude who got his butt kicked by a girl, hahaha!

It's so weird seeing him without full Tigers merchandise :lol

draco

Post by draco » Dec 7th, '05, 10:22

is ep.8 the final episode?
there's no preview of next ep. and it seems that what shuji says "I want to believe them now and forever...."
then showing the pigs and things... it looks like an ending scene to me.... anybody knows anything?

shime

Post by shime » Dec 7th, '05, 12:07

draco wrote:is ep.8 the final episode?
there's no preview of next ep. and it seems that what shuji says "I want to believe them now and forever...."
then showing the pigs and things... it looks like an ending scene to me.... anybody knows anything?
there are three more episodes :D

myumyu

Post by myumyu » Dec 7th, '05, 16:04

huff....i couldn't express my feeling for this series...really touching...

for some episode, i'm crying for no reason...it just really touching, all the friendship thing...i could poll it as life altering...coz it changes me a lot on some aspect...it makes me want to value my friends more... :-)

then...about aoi...hmm..i'm not really shocked to find out about her motives....i think she isjust BORING....

well...it just like culture in japan, many teenagers are boring and just can not find what are they purposes in life....that's why there is so many psycho in japan...

one example is ijime or bullying habits at school...they do it just for fun...no other deep reason...pretty sad huh??

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 7th, '05, 17:16

I've watched only 4 episodes so far but I really, really like the show. Frankly spoken I don't care too much for Shuuji, my favourite characters are "Nobuta", Bandou (she's kind of cool even though she's been evil most of the time) and especially Akira! That guy is so freaking cool. Can't wait to see more of the show!

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Dec 7th, '05, 18:09

not going to add too much to the ep 8 thoughts, since all of mine were already voiced by somebody somehow...

but the 3 pigs in the end of the ep... i don't think anybody's brought it up yet...
he didn't give them to his friends.. and, to make sure the charm works, isn't he supposed to give one to each of his friends in order to make sure that their friendship stays intact forever?
i might have to go back and watch it again.. i might not have been listening to the explanation in the beginning correctly...

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Dec 7th, '05, 18:32

Yes, he was suppose to give the pigs to one of his friends, but that didn't happen in episode 8. Maybe in the next episodes, perhaps?

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Dec 7th, '05, 19:06

i do think aoi's main target is shuuji... she specifically mentions wanting to drive nobuta to suicide after shuuji pleads with her not to hurt nobuta more than she has been already... she knows how much nobuta and akira mean to him and i also think she knew he would react the way he did, effectively setting him up again to look like the bad guy... only this time not just to his fake friends...
she keeps twisting the screw tighter and what yamatsumi mentioned about the golden ball freaked me out every bit as much as her.... shuuji himself says the ball seems to symbolize his fall (from grace), i just hope it doesn't end up symbolizing a more literal outcome...

i totally loved the scene after shuuji asks akira to give him time to sort his thoughts, when akira lays his head on shuuji's shoulder and tells him they'll be friends forever...
that was sooooooo cute..... :faint:
i love how all of shuuji's true friends behave in this, really heartwarming...

and as far as the three little piggies are concerned, his father mentions they should be given to the others, i just don't think that shuuji really felt confident to do that until nobuta pulled her rope trick... i don't think he thought they'd reject his gift, but maybe he didn't feel worthy of them... he knows being aoi's target, his friends will be hurt and he feels at fault and guilty... when he looks at the picture of him and nobuta at his desk, he tips one of the piggies over, so i think he is purposefully excluding himself from their friendship to protect them... which is also why he told them to not speak to him in school.... however, at the end of the episode his confidence seems restored, so maybe he'll try to give them the piggies next episode...

either way, i still can't shake that feeling of a bad ending... maybe not getting the opportunity to give them the piggies after all.... aaaargh, all this symbolism is driving me mad.... XD

escapist

Post by escapist » Dec 8th, '05, 18:20

ironicwave wrote:
and as far as the three little piggies are concerned, his father mentions they should be given to the others, i just don't think that shuuji really felt confident to do that until nobuta pulled her rope trick... i don't think he thought they'd reject his gift, but maybe he didn't feel worthy of them... he knows being aoi's target, his friends will be hurt and he feels at fault and guilty... when he looks at the picture of him and nobuta at his desk, he tips one of the piggies over, so i think he is purposefully excluding himself from their friendship to protect them... which is also why he told them to not speak to him in school.... however, at the end of the episode his confidence seems restored, so maybe he'll try to give them the piggies next episode...
Agree with you on this!

By the way,
Did anyone notice how Shuuji, his bro and his dad had their shirts WAY tucked in now? In the first scene of ep 8??
I find that so cute lol Akira's influence cannot be underestimated!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 8th, '05, 19:37

agree with wave..hehe that's more less what I wanted to say but I guess my post was little bit chaotic :lol
escapist wrote: By the way,
Did anyone notice how Shuuji, his bro and his dad had their shirts WAY tucked in now? In the first scene of ep 8??
I find that so cute lol Akira's influence cannot be underestimated!
:rofl: I noticed that too!! and it was the same scene when Shuji..
was asked if Nobuta and Akira are those 2 friends and he denied :lol that was pretty funny!!

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Dec 8th, '05, 20:20

Out of curiosity how many episodes are there? Because I'm surprised at the way ep8 ended. It was pleasant and gave the feeling of a great conclusion. I almost thought ep8 is the end.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Dec 8th, '05, 20:24

raspberihevn wrote:Out of curiosity how many episodes are there? Because I'm surprised at the way ep8 ended. It was pleasant and gave the feeling of a great conclusion. I almost thought ep8 is the end.
Read page 28 of this thread to find out.

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Dec 8th, '05, 20:53

Oh episode 9 comes out Dec 10. ~Sweet~

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 9th, '05, 03:11

raspberihevn wrote:Oh episode 9 comes out Dec 10. ~Sweet~
:O I can't wait!!! After watching episode 8, and it had no previews it killed me!! now in just a few days i get to see Shuji-kun~~ and Akira-kun~~ again!!! I wonder who is going to end up with who, because i thought
for certain it would be Shuji and Nobuta, but after watching 8, for some reason my opinon change. i think there could be a possiblity that it could be nobuta and akira. anyone share the same thought???

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Dec 9th, '05, 04:39

xKiMix wrote:
raspberihevn wrote:Oh episode 9 comes out Dec 10. ~Sweet~
:O I can't wait!!! After watching episode 8, and it had no previews it killed me!! now in just a few days i get to see Shuji-kun~~ and Akira-kun~~ again!!! I wonder who is going to end up with who, because i thought
for certain it would be Shuji and Nobuta, but after watching 8, for some reason my opinon change. i think there could be a possiblity that it could be nobuta and akira. anyone share the same thought???
I've always had that feeling that they would end up pairing Shuuji with Nobuta, but the last episode makes me think of maybe another.... I hope Akira holds true with his promise to himself, so I've started rooting for the Mariko x Akira pairing. Really, the story can go nearly any way from here. They have three episodes... anything can happen.
I noticed the Hanshin guy too, but it took me a few seconds without the black, white, and yellow. :P

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Dec 9th, '05, 04:40

raspberihevn wrote:Out of curiosity how many episodes are there? Because I'm surprised at the way ep8 ended. It was pleasant and gave the feeling of a great conclusion. I almost thought ep8 is the end.
The wiki lists 11... but the official site lists 10. Also the drama review page I read also lists 10... so it might only be 10. :scratch:

There was no previews this week, but I read the preview for this week's ep at the official site. For those that don't read japanese, I summed it up in English...
Basically, Shuuji doesn't tell anyone that Aoi is the sabateur because he doesn't want to hurt Nobuko. So Aoi abuses Shuuji's kindness and asks to join the production group.

Isn't it stupid that Shuuji isn't telling Nobuko about Aoi being the one responsible for all the sabotage going around? I mean even though he thinks it will hurt Nobuko because it was her first friend, I think Shuuji and Akira are her real first friends. He's even gonna let her join the Nobuta Produce team? That's just crazy... oh well, just gonna have the watch the next ep to see what happens...
Also, it doesn't seem to me like there's going to be any real love relationships going on within the 3 of them. Probably gonna end with them all being good friends, just my guess.
Great drama so far, my fav this season. Can't wait till the next ep. :)

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 9th, '05, 05:23

tonydesu wrote:
Basically, Shuuji doesn't tell anyone that Aoi is the sabateur because he doesn't want to hurt Nobuko. So Aoi abuses Shuuji's kindness and asks to join the production group.

Isn't it stupid that Shuuji isn't telling Nobuko about Aoi being the one responsible for all the sabotage going around? I mean even though he thinks it will hurt Nobuko because it was her first friend, I think Shuuji and Akira are her real first friends. He's even gonna let her join the Nobuta Produce team? That's just crazy... oh well, just gonna have the watch the next ep to see what happens...
Also, it doesn't seem to me like there's going to be any real love relationships going on within the 3 of them. Probably gonna end with them all being good friends, just my guess.
Great drama so far, my fav this season. Can't wait till the next ep. :)
I also thought about that, since all three of them are such great friends, and it also seems that all 3 of them are each others real true friends. So maybe in the end instead of putting complications to their friendship, there will be no love relationship.

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Dec 9th, '05, 05:38

I want Nobuta Power.
Even if it's an imaginary power to boost up one's confidence I still want it.

NOBUTA

POWER

CHUUYU

I hope you guys won't mind me putting up screen shots. I watched this episode so many times today *gush*

it's over, my life is completely over

even you fall to the bottom
your life isn't gonna end

even if you fall
it will go on
life won't end easily

if you live there's a horrible day
but there's also an amazing day
but for me right now
will an amazing day really come?

nobuta power

enter

i don't care if no one believes me

i want just them to believe me

now, and forever more

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 9th, '05, 06:31

raspberihevn wrote:I want Nobuta Power.
Even if it's an imaginary power to boost up one's confidence I still want it.
Haha I want it too!! NOBUTA POWER ENTER!!! :lol :lol I love it when Akira does it!! KON~KON!

draco

Post by draco » Dec 9th, '05, 10:09

shime wrote:
draco wrote:is ep.8 the final episode?
there are three more episodes :D
I see, thanks for the info shime. And glad to hear that :lol

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Dec 9th, '05, 16:31

:D i want a grail shirttttttttttttttttttttt

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 9th, '05, 18:39

I started off watching the drama out of curiousity and mostly in order to kill time when I needed to get my mind off of school work for an hour or two, but I got totally hooked up. (Bad thing since I'm way stressed out already!)
I'm regeretting I voted too early as I thought "you should see it" at the beginning, but now I'm totally for "life altering". Not saying it's a knockoff or anything but the story has some elements of my other favourite (Hana yori Dango) such as bullying at school, finding a hero in yourself, and some sort of love triangle which is why I liked the story from the beginning. It really grew on my because of its great characters though.
At the beginning
I didn't like Shuuji at all. But he changed throughout the story and became a really adorable person. I'm all for Akira though. That guy is so freaking funny and cool. Is he on drugs or what? I watched some interviews and the first half of the special, too and I must say even though he is rather demure than his role is, his funny way of speaking is about the same. :blink
I hope he'll get the girl! I was melting away when he started singing. :wub:
Shuuji is just right for Makiko. Didn't like her at first as I thought her to be the culprit, but once Aoi (?) was revealed I remembered some Makiko scenes and thought she's a really nice girl actually.

sleepycat13

Post by sleepycat13 » Dec 10th, '05, 05:09

same!! i regret voting "you should see it"...thatz what i thought in the beginning, but as the story progresses, i think itz really life-altering, there's so much depth in the story and so many things we can relate to in real life, no matter if we're in highschool or not...it makes u really want friends like that, doesn't it?[/spoiler]

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 10th, '05, 06:12

I can't agree more with previous poster's attitude toward this series. It didn't touch my own feeling until 6-8th eps. It's after when they mentioned about yinyan or yingyang something meaning person will always be lonely in this world. Everyday talking and interacting and entertaining are all empty without a touch. Your happiness and sadness might swap places in an instance.

jica

Post by jica » Dec 10th, '05, 23:07

I'm sooo looking forward to ep 9, can't wait :cheers:

But I thought it was going to be 11 episode... now I'm sad because there's only 10. :cry:

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Dec 10th, '05, 23:42

jica wrote:I'm sooo looking forward to ep 9, can't wait :cheers:

But I thought it was going to be 11 episode... now I'm sad because there's only 10. :cry:
OMG, it's only 10 eps??? :O
I also thought it will going to be 11 eps.

So what about that
"Sayonara, kiritani shuuji" at the end???
what does it mean???
uuuhhmm....every eps in this series becoming my favourite. I can't choose since every eps is all special for me.

Hey, do you see
How akira-kun's pony tail is made just like shuuji's when he's at home??
it's cuuutteeeee.....on the previous eps we saw how Akira effect shuuji and now, it's shuuji effecting akira. :wub:

What's with the dream?? I can't catch it.

:crazy: i really2 need subs....:crazy:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 10th, '05, 23:54

yep me too XD really wanna know
wat Shuuji says to all the class and why did he bow to them ??

wat Shuuji tells to the Evil gurl when she's leaving his house ??

wat The evil gurl tells to the 3 of them on the roof ??
Can't wait for the sub !!!!

Hontony ???§!!!! There will be ony ly 10 EPS Oo !!!!!!!!!!! ??????? ahhhhh Nandeeee ?

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 00:08

Thank you so, so, so much for uploading Nobuta wo produce, Nomanymore-sama!! :cheers:

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Dec 11th, '05, 00:09

non-angelical wrote: So what about that
"Sayonara, kiritani shuuji" at the end???
what does it mean???
Just wait for the subs unless you want a spoiler to the end of this ep. But here's the answer to your question if you like spoilers ^_^
Basically, Shuuji's dad is getting a job transfer. So that "sayonara, kiritani shuuji" is alluding to the scenerio that Shuuji will be leaving the group because he has to move.

And the dream was about Aoi wanting to kill herself if Nobuko didn't forgive her. But actually Shuuji asks her "It's not forgiveness you're looking for, is it?" and Aoi says no. It's that she wanted to be remembered, even if it was a bad memory of her so she killed herself. I think those are her true feelings of why she's sabotaging them. Supposedly it's the power of those pig statues since everyone had the same dream while holding the statues.
Anyways good episode like always. One of the scenes was kind of weird though, but I guess if vampires may exist magic may exist too. I hope the last episode won't be a sad ending though T_T

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 11th, '05, 00:29

I just read non-angelicals post and the hidden tag :doh:

I shouldn't have done it... shouldn't have... "-doh",,,
(or simpsons goe sto Japan who suitably translated it "-Bakayaro")

Now with yet another spoiler at the end... ummm
I might have to spend an hour here to find out what will happen even if I will only get like 5% of it. So frustrating once you start getting into it too.

I doubt...
They will become some tripplets revisiting the festivals every year
as a few epsiodes back.

Somehow I'm rooting for
Akira-kun to get a long and happy life with Nobuta.
After all, he's been holding back long enough now. but judging from non-ang... spoiler, maybe he goes back to business with his dad and looses to money

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 00:40

AAaaaargh!!! Now I could resist reading non-angelical's spoilers but I was stupid enough to read techie's!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:
techie: I'm even worse than you. I mean, you didn't know what was in the spoiler tag whereas I did as you pointed out what you're writing about before. Awww!!! :hissy:
I hope for the same. And I still do. I don't want things to turn out as some might believe. :pale:

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Dec 11th, '05, 01:47

:O what's with my spoilers?? I think you all mean tonydesu's spoilers, right???

I don't think I write too much of a spoiler, tho I enjoy spoilers so my definition of too much might be blur :P

sorry... :unsure:

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 11th, '05, 01:58

shinpaishinaiwayo :P... just we read to much into the little short ones.
I haven't even looked at the intro to 9 yet... (biting nails... :crazy: )

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 11th, '05, 01:59

uhhh...i really should avoid this thread since there is like a whole bunch of spoilers for episode 9...but i can't help it! my mouse just keeps clicking them! makes me want to watch the video without subs! I'm going to miss Akira and Shuji when this finishes....NOBUTA POWER ENTER!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 11th, '05, 02:07

Oh, no no, non-angelical, as techie said it was our own fault for reading what was in the spoiler tag. Usually as long as I've watched the most recent episode I think there's nothing others can spoil for me, but I was DEADLY mistaken. =_= There were spoiler for the ending in the j-drama forum (I found the thread only because I was searching on google for the novel), and the posts were from october! Luckily I stopped reading as soon as I read something about "the ending". Maybe we should write what's the spoiler about. Like: As I've seen in the preview / spoiler /. What do you guys think?
(And again, I know I was being utterly stupid in this case as techie really wrote it before the spoiler tag. *sigh*)
Btw I avoid watching the previews too as they are already spoiling too much. :P
Last edited by Kathleen on Dec 11th, '05, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.