7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

Mugi

Post by Mugi » Jan 11th, '06, 11:28

naoto wrote:hey guys, what does he mean in episode 4 by washing wooden chopsticks, it's 'eco'?
Unn...Eco=Enviromentally Friendly. They're pretty much recycling what looks to be disposable chopsticks... :roll

SleepyBoi

Post by SleepyBoi » Jan 11th, '06, 11:30

i just finished watching this drama and i understand that it's about friendship and everything...but it just felt rushed and the story just went out the window ..i really can't believe how many votes this drama gathered for "life-altering"...i could write paragraph upon paragraph about what was so (insert insulting word) about it but why waste the time...flame away =)

Gir

Post by Gir » Jan 13th, '06, 05:21

Nobuta Power. :thumright:

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jan 13th, '06, 06:54

Gir wrote:Image

:lol I love it~!

Tanik

Post by Tanik » Jan 13th, '06, 11:44

the ending wasnt all that great I thought that they were going to be together each with their girl friend like akira with nobuta and shuji with mariko. to me the ending seems kinda gay because the two guys ended up together haha. just saying dont get mad

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Jan 13th, '06, 16:08

@Tanik
they're together is better than each one of them being with his girl (disagree with nobuta is akira's girl. they're just friends) coz it serve the drama's main idea which is friendship, not love. and it seems, from the beginning, that shuuji and akira are the two 'more' main characters.

feel sad for nobuta though... :cry:

Rubee

Post by Rubee » Jan 14th, '06, 01:42

I really love Nobuta !
best series of the year I think !!!!
kame and yamapi was great in it, the ending as well =)

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Jan 14th, '06, 11:36

Just finished episode 9, spectacular...
Only people can save people.

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Jan 14th, '06, 19:02

Hey you guys, anybody know what that Shitakka guy's real name is. The one who went on a date with Nobuta in ep 5? Is he in any other series. He's kinda .. :heart: kawaii :whistling:
Last edited by Kirari on Jan 16th, '06, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Jan 15th, '06, 23:10

FInally finally finally! I finally finished watching the series like ten minutes ago. I rated it life-altering because it really was. Haha, I randomly do the *konkon* and Nobuta Power and *bye bye cylcle* every now and then. Nobuta power is amazing! Anyway, I was a bit confuzzled about the ending. I
thought Nobuta was going to get together with Shuji or something. Maybe things would devolop from there but....they left her?
Strangeness and it also made me sad....

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Jan 16th, '06, 11:22

Err, just finished the last episode...
I guess it was best for the two dudes together and nobuta to be alone. I was thinking like, why don't nobuta just move also, but after thinking about it, the akira guy will just be hurting more inside as he can't have his love for nobuta, otherwise they'll encounter problems between their friendship.

Em_mie

Post by Em_mie » Jan 18th, '06, 00:02

Kirari wrote:Hey you guys, anybody know what that Shitakka guy's real name is. The one who went on a date with Nobuta in ep 5? Is he in any other series. He's kinda .. :heart: kawaii :whistling:
i know...he's so kawaii...kinda reminds me of someone else though...bu ti can't put my finger on it....i need a name also...

akira_shock

Post by akira_shock » Jan 18th, '06, 04:16

Tomi wrote: Haha, I randomly do the *konkon* and Nobuta Power and *bye bye cylcle* every now and then.
heh yeah me to

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Jan 18th, '06, 10:54

Em_mie wrote:i know...he's so kawaii...kinda reminds me of someone else though...bu ti can't put my finger on it....i need a name also...
:thumright: ah , my mate! ^^ he's damn cute.. as cute as Teppei, can't believe no one really notice him. I've asked on another forum but they gave me the kanji name. Can't read. >_< He reminds me of some one too. Any one have more info on this shitakka guy from ep 5?

flcia

Post by flcia » Jan 18th, '06, 12:11

i think the relationships n the feelings between the characters r not clear in this drama...
like it was obvious that akira likes nobuta (cuz he says so) but like until the end i dont even know whether nobuta n akira really likes each other...its like typical manga-love story where everything left hanging lose...

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Jan 18th, '06, 12:17

flcia wrote:i think the relationships n the feelings between the characters r not clear in this drama...
like it was obvious that akira likes nobuta (cuz he says so) but like until the end i dont even know whether nobuta n akira really likes each other...its like typical manga-love story where everything left hanging lose...
i don`t think i was supposed to be a love story in the first place, and if they go into relationships, it ruins the whole point of this drama, which is to emphasize friendship :-)
my favorite part of this drama is when akira sees that shuji wears a little ponytail atop his head when he`s at home, and then he copies shuji XD so cute!~ "Nice ponytail, by the way" XD XD

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Jan 19th, '06, 00:07

Gir wrote:Image

This is awesome! :cheers:

MotoWhisper

Post by MotoWhisper » Jan 21st, '06, 13:27

Hi. Im only in process of first viewing NwP and have one question. One of personages sing song with teachers on school festival. Do anybody know what song it is?

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jan 21st, '06, 23:59

I have a serious question for all of you..

don't you think that this drama, especially towards the end of the show, was really homoerotic? :lol

Shuji and Akira did a lot more touching, cuddling and playing with each other than Nobuta ever did (I actually remember this one scene in ep 8 or so, in which Akira practically sits on Shuji's lap, hugging him). From about the middle of the show, Shuji and Akira seemed a lot more like a couple than Nobuta and Shuji or even Nobuta and Akira.

Like many, I thought that Nobuta would end up with Shuji, especially during the stolen tape episode in which Nobuta was furious about having lost Shuji's tape. To me, it really hinted at her having feelings for Shuji rather than for Akira. But very soon she forgot all about that, and Shuji returned to being more 'couply' with Kusano.

Especially the ending was quite homoerotic, with the both of them playing on the beach. :lol I also thought that Akira telling Shuji to always do what he himself wanted rather than what others, such as his brother, wanted really hinted at Akira going to join Shuji solely because Akira himself really wanted to... again and again hinting at it..

There's also the fact that the main theme is a song sung by both of them, played during a little clip about two piglets in love..

This show was so damn homoerotic and now I'm really inspired to, like, write a short story about Shuji and Akira. *yaoi fangirl* :lol

God, I love this drama. :lol :lol :lol

naoto

Post by naoto » Jan 22nd, '06, 04:13

Néa Vanille wrote:I have a serious question for all of you..

don't you think that this drama, especially towards the end of the show, was really homoerotic? :lol

Shuji and Akira did a lot more touching, cuddling and playing with each other than Nobuta ever did (I actually remember this one scene in ep 8 or so, in which Akira practically sits on Shuji's lap, hugging him). From about the middle of the show, Shuji and Akira seemed a lot more like a couple than Nobuta and Shuji or even Nobuta and Akira.

Like many, I thought that Nobuta would end up with Shuji, especially during the stolen tape episode in which Nobuta was furious about having lost Shuji's tape. To me, it really hinted at her having feelings for Shuji rather than for Akira. But very soon she forgot all about that, and Shuji returned to being more 'couply' with Kusano.

Especially the ending was quite homoerotic, with the both of them playing on the beach. :lol I also thought that Akira telling Shuji to always do what he himself wanted rather than what others, such as his brother, wanted really hinted at Akira going to join Shuji solely because Akira himself really wanted to... again and again hinting at it..

There's also the fact that the main theme is a song sung by both of them, played during a little clip about two piglets in love..

This show was so damn homoerotic and now I'm really inspired to, like, write a short story about Shuji and Akira. *yaoi fangirl* :lol

I did, especially the last episode when
they were splashing water at each other, and jumped in, jumped on his back, ugh. I would never do that with my best friend, if he tried to jump on my back I would punch him in the face. I thought nobuta would end up with one of the boys, but instead they ended up with each other.
I still liked it very much though.

diOdio

Post by diOdio » Jan 23rd, '06, 05:24

[quote="MotoWhisper"]Hi. Im only in process of first viewing NwP and have one question. One of personages sing song with teachers on school festival. Do anybody know what song it is?[/quote

i just finished that episode and i was wondering the same thing. is this an actual song? title? artist? por favor. domo.]

blurryeyes

Post by blurryeyes » Jan 23rd, '06, 07:47

any decent eng-hardsub version of this?
or was it still just softsub availalbe..

saffy

Post by saffy » Jan 23rd, '06, 10:29

Kioku Fansubs is planning to start releasing hardsubs around mid february encoding from the HQ raws ^_^ It's a joint with dancestar so we've been putting it through QC, tidying up the timing and making the karaoke. so if there's no other versions, I hope you don't mind waiting a little longer.

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Jan 30th, '06, 02:03

I just finished the last episode. I have to say I liked the ending. It really made sense to me...
Ok, I could have done without the homoerotic beach scene...but I liked the fact that Nobuta didn't end up with Akira. For me, the series was about their growing friendship, not romance. If Nobuta ended up with either guy it would have gone against what was built-up in the other episodes. (It also would have been a little cheesy...) The scene where she throws the good luck charm in the river shows that she can't choose one friend over the other. The scene where they exchange Christmas presents also shows that they each want the others to be happy.

Nobuta understood Shuji's loneliness and sacrificed some of her own happiness by sending Akira away. By the end of the story she'd become strong enough to stand on her own. While her production was wrapping up, Shuji's was just beginning, so he needed the extra support. It's a really touching move on her part, the kind she'd been doing all along. It was especially sad when she starts running to the roof to show off her new smile and realizes her friends are already gone.
Overall, an amazing drama. By far the best I've seen so far. I can see why it won out over Hana Yori Dango and Densha Otoko in the polls.

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 6th, '06, 21:06

I've been watching this drama last weekend. The end is so sad to me, I know it's meant to be positive and gives a nice message, but it makes me feel like a second part was needed, it's just like I would like to see more of Nobuta, Shuji, Akira and also Mariko. I really liked Mariko's carachter, is such a nice person all the time.

I don't see it homo-erotic, perhaps it can seem to other people, but I just think they wanted to show friendship growing stronger, since Shuji is like the real main carachter of this drama and he starts being always fake to make the others be happy and he feels so lonely but
at the end he realizes how Akira and Nobuta have changed him from the inside, and he likes them as friends, I think that's why Nobuta decides Akira should be into the new school with Shuji, because she knows he will need a friend. Nobuta looks always to be the most intelligent carachter from the three of them, she always has the best quotes in the drama, so she knows that Shuji has never had a friend before, and when she sees him move, she thinks he should keep the friendship with Akira, while she decides to be strong and stay alone without them, but fortunetly she has a new friend in Mariko, I like the end despite it makes me feel so sad to see her alone smiling when Shuji and Akira can't see it anymore.

It would be nice to see a second series in a near future, with a different aim for the main plot, but with the carachters of Nobuta, Shuji, Akira and Mariko again, meeting years after they had to be separated.
Last edited by mcg on Feb 6th, '06, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 6th, '06, 21:26

@Nea Vanille - Totally agree. And I am realy glad that in Japan the media can present homosexual relationships without a lot of winking and pointing. Shuji's general attitude toward girls was pretty ambivalent, and Akira was a lot more physical with Shuji than with Nobuta... and Shuji didn't seem to mind. Consider that in Japan, any public display of affection, even between married people, was considered very rude until only a few years ago.

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Feb 7th, '06, 01:38

A Japanese friend said the frolicking at the end wasn't *that* uncommon among male friends in high school. She didn't see it as particularly homoerotic, just playful. A cultural difference maybe?

Is anyone familiar with the novel? I've read the tone and plot are very different from the drama.

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 7th, '06, 11:35

I don't see it homoerotic, here in Spain is usual to be like this when you're a teenager playing, it's like when teens play like they were fighting. Don't know, but they weren't exchanging love sights and playing in that manner.

meme104

Post by meme104 » Feb 8th, '06, 17:59

lo0o0o0ol
just wanted to say:
kon kon :D

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Feb 11th, '06, 19:20

Best drama ever. 8)

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Feb 12th, '06, 23:51

It wasn't just the ending, it was also that Shuji wasn't romantically interested in women (any woman) during the entire duration of the drama. Perhaps Nobuta realised she could never have Shuji that way? She DID show growing tendencies to like Shuji in that special way during the tape episode and before, but then, all of a sudden, it stopped.

Sana

Post by Sana » Feb 14th, '06, 07:30

This drama would have been life altering if it wasn't for the crappy ending. Boy was I pissed.

As for the gayness, unless they're frenching each other, I chalked it up as friendship between men.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Feb 15th, '06, 00:12

Denial, denial! :lol The Japanese like to be subtle!

divietodisosta

Post by divietodisosta » Feb 15th, '06, 00:50

dokaben wrote:Is anyone familiar with the novel? I've read the tone and plot are very different from the drama.
The book is VERY different from the drama.

This might get a little long. :lol

Most Obvious: For one thing, Akira doesn't exist at all. For another, Nobuta is a boy.

The only characters that remain constant from the book to the drama are Shuuji and Mariko. Some of the other characters might be modeled off of characters from the book, and I think that maybe some of Shuuji's friends have the same names, but for the most part that's where the similarity ends. Shuuji's family situation is different, Nobuta's is never explored.

Nobuta is a chubby, greasy-faced unpopular kid (naturally) who eats five or six sandwickes for lunch and has no social skills whatsoever (barging in on Shuuji and Mariko's private lunch). Shuuji, bored and manipulative, shaves his head, gets him to wash his face, and sets him up in a series of situations in which he can emerge as a hero (a staged fight with a punk guy) or at least the center of attention (carefully planning for his pants to rip while doing math problems on the board revealing specially bought pink underwear). As this goes on, Shuuji gets higher and higher on the power of being able to control people.

Nobuta is a much less important character in the book. He doesn't really have a personality of his own. He's a blank slate that Shuuji uses to reflect his own thoughts about himself. Shuuji's confident facade begins to collapse almost at once after Nobuta becomes a success. This is where the book and drama are alike, except that in the book Shuuji doesn't have any safety net to catch him.

In the drama, Shuuji makes real friends (Akira and Nobuta) for the first time, and because of them realizes that he can, albeit reluctantly, let go of his popularity and fall back into something that while more humble is infinitely more important. The honesty of those relationships are what do him in. In the book, it feels less like a liberation than a self-destruction. He agonizes over the fact that he can't keep up his face anymore. But he just can't find the will.

There are also some common events between the book and drama that have completely different implications. For example, in the drama, Shuuji doesn't stop the fight when he sees his friend getting beat up because he has just come from the police station where he got into trouble for trying to help someone. In the book, he has no idea who the person is that he sees, outside the convenience store window in the dark. He gets blamed for it anyway, receives the "I see now what kind of guy you really are" treatment, though he really didn't consciously abandon his friend, and he can't find the will to defend himself. He lets himself be torn down, because he realizes that they had all suspected him of putting on an act in the first place. His slow but sure self-destruction shifts into high gear from that point on.

As for Mariko, his view of her is quite different. In the drama, it seems that she is a tolerated necessity, something to pump up his cool-guy image. In the book, she has a definite personal value to him. That is, she provides a kind of sterile, warm but not overpowering closeness that he craves. It's when she tries to get too close that he starts to have doubts. Then, at the same time, Nobuta becomes interested in her, and suddenly, having a rival makes her a LOT more appealing. There are definite sexual thoughts directed toward her, though he never acts on them.

In light of the homoerotic nature of the drama which has been commented on here recently, I find this particularly amusing. I saw the boy love in the drama. There was none of that in the book. Mariko is his first love, no matter how you look at it, and the only one (apart from the faithfully devoted Nobuta) who is still kind to him and willing to give him a chance when everyone else is pushing him away.

In the end, though he can't accept her kindness, and ends up saying some very mean things to her to push her away. Nothing as apologetic as the drama. He can't keep anything of his old life around, it seems, because the falsehood of it all is too heavy for him. He finds a new beginning elsewhere. Without Akira following him.

In the end, what I see is Shuuji trying to produce Nobuta, and inadvertently producing himself as a real, honest person. Much like the drama. The difference is that he has no-one to catch him when he takes the leap from popularity. The book is much darker in tone, and much lonelier, but the end is positive. Shuuji sees the success that he has had with Nobuta, as he drives him away at last, and decides to take on the challenge of making himself a better person.
But those are just my impressions.

Anyone else read the book? I'd love to talk about it.

azndaydreamer

Post by azndaydreamer » Feb 18th, '06, 18:56

Whoa the dorama is so much different from the book. That's pretty interesting. Thanks for the synopsis Divie. I guess Akira was just added to get the fangirls to watch...

I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier but Nobuta now has its own manga!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/ ... 5372-2.gif[/img]

by: Moriwaki Aoi/Shiraiwa Gen

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 18th, '06, 19:17

That's cool! I guess the manga is based in the dorama?

divietodisosta

Post by divietodisosta » Feb 19th, '06, 02:14

mcg wrote:That's cool! I guess the manga is based in the dorama?
Hmm... From the little Amazon blurb, it looks like it's based on the novel... But the actress who played Nobuta in the drama is endorsing it. :blink

Anyway, looks cool!

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Feb 19th, '06, 11:36

divietodisosta wrote:
mcg wrote:That's cool! I guess the manga is based in the dorama?
Hmm... From the little Amazon blurb, it looks like it's based on the novel... But the actress who played Nobuta in the drama is endorsing it. :blink

Anyway, looks cool!

Thank I'll endorse the actress in Nobuta no produce...

So much I added an archive of her first PB :)
Entitled "Horikita Maki - First PB (a.k.a Nobuta-chan)"
http://abpea-f.asianmultimedia.org/cgi- ... 2&N=667&I=

Kembang

Post by Kembang » Feb 19th, '06, 11:49

well I really loved the drama..wow the book is quite different I see..
I really liked Akira in it(his personality was damn funny) so I'm glad they added his character to the drama..

The manga looks quite interesting,I wonder what differences it has with the book and drama..

di0x

Post by di0x » Feb 20th, '06, 23:52

I don't like the end >_< I think that it's very dull :dance:

jica

Post by jica » Feb 21st, '06, 22:07

I don't think it's homoerotic, just they're very good friends, or just teasing each other. Japanese guys (especially Johnny's) could be in that way with each other without meaning anything deeper. Can't judge them in a western point of view...

Although I think they're cute together ^^

sourbodhi

Post by sourbodhi » Mar 4th, '06, 18:38

can someone please explain to me the joke in ep6 about yokoyama-sensei's poetry? you know, the line about 'okuda-kun' and 'the doctor's son'. i don't get the joke.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Mar 5th, '06, 17:37

jica wrote:

I don't think it's homoerotic, just they're very good friends, or just teasing each other. Japanese guys (especially Johnny's) could be in that way with each other without meaning anything deeper. Can't judge them in a western point of view...

Although I think they're cute together ^^
yup yup!! i agree with you. i don't see it as having yaoi tendencies. they're just really like that. johnny's do stuff together. sometimes they're even paired off, but as bestfriends, etc. since they're always together, they tend to be extra close, like going shopping together or getting same sets of jewelry, bla bla.
the drama just focused mainly on the friendship, esp of shuji and akira. i think this is what made it different from all the other dramas of the same genre, its revolving around friendship instead of love. it could have only gone to a love triangle, then finally pairing her off with one of them, thus putting a strain on the friendship. but with the way it ended, everything was preserved. i found the beach scene a bit gay though.. hehe. but what the heck!! it's kame! it's fine. haha.

i love this drama. can you tell? hehe.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 6th, '06, 23:58

divietodisosta wrote:
dokaben wrote:Is anyone familiar with the novel? I've read the tone and plot are very different from the drama.
The book is VERY different from the drama.

This might get a little long. :lol

Most Obvious: For one thing, Akira doesn't exist at all. For another, Nobuta is a boy.

The only characters that remain constant from the book to the drama are Shuuji and Mariko. Some of the other characters might be modeled off of characters from the book, and I think that maybe some of Shuuji's friends have the same names, but for the most part that's where the similarity ends. Shuuji's family situation is different, Nobuta's is never explored.

Nobuta is a chubby, greasy-faced unpopular kid (naturally) who eats five or six sandwickes for lunch and has no social skills whatsoever (barging in on Shuuji and Mariko's private lunch). Shuuji, bored and manipulative, shaves his head, gets him to wash his face, and sets him up in a series of situations in which he can emerge as a hero (a staged fight with a punk guy) or at least the center of attention (carefully planning for his pants to rip while doing math problems on the board revealing specially bought pink underwear). As this goes on, Shuuji gets higher and higher on the power of being able to control people.

Nobuta is a much less important character in the book. He doesn't really have a personality of his own. He's a blank slate that Shuuji uses to reflect his own thoughts about himself. Shuuji's confident facade begins to collapse almost at once after Nobuta becomes a success. This is where the book and drama are alike, except that in the book Shuuji doesn't have any safety net to catch him.

In the drama, Shuuji makes real friends (Akira and Nobuta) for the first time, and because of them realizes that he can, albeit reluctantly, let go of his popularity and fall back into something that while more humble is infinitely more important. The honesty of those relationships are what do him in. In the book, it feels less like a liberation than a self-destruction. He agonizes over the fact that he can't keep up his face anymore. But he just can't find the will.

There are also some common events between the book and drama that have completely different implications. For example, in the drama, Shuuji doesn't stop the fight when he sees his friend getting beat up because he has just come from the police station where he got into trouble for trying to help someone. In the book, he has no idea who the person is that he sees, outside the convenience store window in the dark. He gets blamed for it anyway, receives the "I see now what kind of guy you really are" treatment, though he really didn't consciously abandon his friend, and he can't find the will to defend himself. He lets himself be torn down, because he realizes that they had all suspected him of putting on an act in the first place. His slow but sure self-destruction shifts into high gear from that point on.

As for Mariko, his view of her is quite different. In the drama, it seems that she is a tolerated necessity, something to pump up his cool-guy image. In the book, she has a definite personal value to him. That is, she provides a kind of sterile, warm but not overpowering closeness that he craves. It's when she tries to get too close that he starts to have doubts. Then, at the same time, Nobuta becomes interested in her, and suddenly, having a rival makes her a LOT more appealing. There are definite sexual thoughts directed toward her, though he never acts on them.

In light of the homoerotic nature of the drama which has been commented on here recently, I find this particularly amusing. I saw the boy love in the drama. There was none of that in the book. Mariko is his first love, no matter how you look at it, and the only one (apart from the faithfully devoted Nobuta) who is still kind to him and willing to give him a chance when everyone else is pushing him away.

In the end, though he can't accept her kindness, and ends up saying some very mean things to her to push her away. Nothing as apologetic as the drama. He can't keep anything of his old life around, it seems, because the falsehood of it all is too heavy for him. He finds a new beginning elsewhere. Without Akira following him.

In the end, what I see is Shuuji trying to produce Nobuta, and inadvertently producing himself as a real, honest person. Much like the drama. The difference is that he has no-one to catch him when he takes the leap from popularity. The book is much darker in tone, and much lonelier, but the end is positive. Shuuji sees the success that he has had with Nobuta, as he drives him away at last, and decides to take on the challenge of making himself a better person.
But those are just my impressions.

Anyone else read the book? I'd love to talk about it.
It is a very well put comparison of the drama and the book. Now, I'm very enticed to read the book. I wonder if there is a translation version...

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Mar 7th, '06, 00:12

for me, This serie has definitely a homosexual undertone, it may not have been done consciously, but it can be interpreted like that,especially when you consider the ending: Nobuta left alone, Shuji and Akira together on the beach.

Akira-Kon

Post by Akira-Kon » Mar 7th, '06, 03:23

nadesico wrote:for me, This serie has definitely a homosexual undertone, it may not have been done consciously, but it can be interpreted like that,especially when you consider the ending: Nobuta left alone, Shuji and Akira together on the beach.
Wow.. ive never looked at it that way.... :blink but it doesn't really affect how much i love the drama though ^_^

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Mar 10th, '06, 02:27

sourbodhi wrote:can someone please explain to me the joke in ep6 about yokoyama-sensei's poetry? you know, the line about 'okuda-kun' and 'the doctor's son'. i don't get the joke.
I think it's supposed to be funny because it's ridiculous (and bad). Here's the explanation someone gave me...

Mirage
A white rose is a type of rose,
A white Okuda is an ear/nose/throat doctor's son.

So the teacher is drawing parallels between a white rose and some pale kid named Okuda that's the son of an ENT.

Anyway, a *BIG* thank you to divietodisosta for the detailed plot summary and commentary.

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Mar 11th, '06, 13:15

didn't akira like nobuta, why would he leave her behind and join shuji in the seaside high school anyways. Kinda unexpected ending.

sPark*

Post by sPark* » Mar 11th, '06, 15:02

i was between life-altering and see it. i personally really enjoyed it. at first i was like plot.. seen it went thru it. but it had certain elements that kept me interested.

akira (Yamapi's character) was one of the reasons. hes hilarious. his little antics and words pull my attention back.

the acting was not excellent but i think the actors/actress were able to grasp what their characters were supposed to be like in a way.

i mostly watched it to see the friendship. it showed me just how strong friendship can be and without friends youre nothing. love comes unexpectedly and in all forms. friendship is one of its many forms.

unlike many ppl i actually enjoyed the ending. shuji and akira's friendship previled.
[altho soemtimes i do wish the three wouldve stayed together. ^_^]

some characters were just plain weird, but that is the comical aspects and i did laugh at them.

overall it was an enjoyable drama [esp since it did in a way portray real life]
avexdevil wrote:didn't akira like nobuta, why would he leave her behind and join shuji in the seaside high school anyways. Kinda unexpected ending.
i thot that at first but remember he counts friendship first. nobuta would be counting himself first. nobuta has mariko now and shes popular in a sense. akira needs shuji and shuji needs akira (?) lol. dunno but in my opinion i think that was a sweet ending. showing just how great their friendship is and without shuji, akira really wouldnt be akira.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Mar 12th, '06, 18:19

definitely about friendship. i liked it too, except for the scene at the beach. *cough* gay *cough*

anyway, at least they didn't go through the usual love triangle thing, wherein the girl has to choose someone over the other.

sukichan

Post by sukichan » Mar 14th, '06, 02:24

I love the drama ~~ ^o^ its so cute X) (LOL) the ending was unexpected for me that akira would follow shuji , but then again it doesnt affect the whole drama so much (I dont mind the ending scene 'at all' xD ) loll we'll just have to think it in the view of friendship, not sh-ai .. *-* (again , I dont mind ..) an addicting drama for me , definitely go for 'life altering' =)

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Mar 22nd, '06, 07:13

My new favorite drama. IMO it actually beats out Hana Yori Dango, and I really love that one too. The storyline was interesting, definetely not expected. And the cast did a really good job. Now I'm addicted to YamaPi and am currently downloading all the drama I can with him in it. I tried the "kon" thing with ple at work, but they just didn't get it :roll . They need to see this drama.

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Mar 22nd, '06, 09:11

love this drama..ive watch over n over again :P eheh..i like the ending because its different, it goes away from the usual typical friendship drama..this one is sthg..well nobuta self confident n the way she feels to the world after she learns what friendship really means was solved smoothly n shuji n akira are the 'fairygodfather' that do all the magic!! haha sounds girly :scratchchin: to me hehahah anyway loves this drama!kon! kon! :clap:

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Mar 25th, '06, 08:19

You know, I just randomly thought of this as I was rewatching Nobuta for the 10ish time. In the last episode

when Nobuta broke the sacred tree and the most important person to her was going to have something bad happen. She couldn't decide who was her most important person. But then Shuji had to move...wasn't that considered something bad? So Shuji's actually her most important person. But then..Akira had to go be with Shuji therefore leaving behind Nobuta who he says he loves. So something bad happened to Akira. But then again, it could be Shittaka. Something happened to all 3, so basically we're back to where we were in the beginning with the unknown of Nobuta's ONE most important person.
Just a thought

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Mar 25th, '06, 08:40

But Akira only moved to where Shuji was becase Nobuta herself wanted him to go.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Mar 25th, '06, 12:19

hmm.. interesting thoughts.
but i was actually waiting for her to give the thing to prevent the curse to shuji. hehe. true, akira did move because nobuta said so... but then i'm thinking, the "something bad happening" premise, on whose point of view is it? i mean, if it's something bad from nobuta's (tree-breaker's) pov or from the most important person's pov...

seira

Post by seira » Apr 6th, '06, 06:54

sorry...i just need to know, is any group subbing this drama?

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 6th, '06, 07:37

it has already been soft subbed, not hardsubbed though
you can find the softsubs in the subtitle forum

yull_lind

Post by yull_lind » Apr 9th, '06, 16:54

the best jdorama i ever watch
really enjoy it, n in love with shuji, akira + nobuta too
and i wanted to go to the same school as they are
must watch!

Shina

Post by Shina » Apr 9th, '06, 17:11

nobuta power enter ;D i like this drama xD

robetella

Post by robetella » Apr 11th, '06, 09:30

Anyone know whr to get the torrent for this? I searched thru DA but can't find any..
Last edited by robetella on Apr 23rd, '06, 06:29, edited 2 times in total.

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 11th, '06, 11:50

hmm looks like the individual episodes were deleted and there is only a batch torrent now
batch = all the episodes in one torrent file

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... d4bd8df51b

SHiNB0

Post by SHiNB0 » Apr 13th, '06, 07:43

is that the teacher pretending to be hard gay in ep3?

ouky

Post by ouky » Apr 13th, '06, 21:38

What is great in this drama ( except the actor's performing ) is that at the beginning, Shuji produces Nobuta, and then Nobuta produces her own way Shuji, she keeps repeating that people can change, and at one time, he understands what she meant, and then he stops lying to everybody and tell Mariko he never loved her :cry: .
Akira-kun also exceptional in this ! kon !

S_p_h

Post by S_p_h » Apr 14th, '06, 20:34

There are some spoilers in my post so beware :)
I just watched episode 10 now. And I feel nostalgic again, as when I saw the last episode of Densha Otoko, both dramas have been very special to me.
Nobuta wo Produce is an almost perfect drama. I don't want to believe that I won't see Shuji, Akira and Nobuta again...Its like if I were his friend also, and now I should separe from themeselves too, and remember them forever.
There are some things I don't understand like why Akira goes with Shuji at the end..but i'll now read this topic ^__^ By the way...I think there is an special chapter didnt? I'll search for it..and I will look for another drama, and I hope I can found some drama as charismatic as nobuta wo produce...Well, I think i have to say good bye to my three friends...Bye Shuji, Akira and Nobuta... :salut: I will remember you forever.

Sykotic

Post by Sykotic » Apr 19th, '06, 21:46

Yamapi is great in this drama. This is my personal favorite, is there any other ones even similar to this in nature? (comedy, friendship, etc) besides the obvious Densha Otoko.

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 20th, '06, 05:21

hana yori dango is probably the most recent closest drama to nobuta wo produce that i can think of :D recommended too

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Apr 21st, '06, 02:44

Sykotic wrote:Yamapi is great in this drama. This is my personal favorite, is there any other ones even similar to this in nature? (comedy, friendship, etc) besides the obvious Densha Otoko.
Gokusen I and II -- deal alot w/ friendship
GTO and of course Hana Yori Dango
Stand Up -- would be one too but there's only RAWs for the recently released dvd torrent (YamaPi is in this one too)
Orange Days -- bunch of guys plus romance

But I still love Nobuta wo Produce the most :-)

babiie mee

Post by babiie mee » Apr 23rd, '06, 06:12

omg i loved nobuta ^^ after watchn that series i got addicted to yamaP ^__^ his soOo hotT ... wun of teh best dramas ive seen

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 24th, '06, 03:27

I really liked Nobuta. wo Produce. It has a storyline for which I've never heard of before, and it worked really well with the cast. It was my first drama for Kame and YamaP. They had good chemistry... (they looked gay at that beach scene in the last episode though)
ouky wrote:What is great in this drama ( except the actor's performing ) is that at the beginning, Shuji produces Nobuta, and then Nobuta produces her own way Shuji, she keeps repeating that people can change, and at one time, he understands what she meant, and then he stops lying to everybody and tell Mariko he never loved her :cry: .
Akira-kun also exceptional in this ! kon !
I agree. The characters in this show really compliment each other. I think everybody did an exceptional job.
I'm kind of sad that Nobuta didn't get together with either of the guys, but I'm also kind of happy but nostalgic that they all remained friends.

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Apr 25th, '06, 22:00

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find de OST of this Drama?! I really like the Song wich is played at the end!!Does anyobody know where I can find it?!

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Apr 25th, '06, 22:08

Merenge_5 wrote:Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find de OST of this Drama?! I really like the Song wich is played at the end!!Does anyobody know where I can find it?!
The ED-Song: http://rapidshare.de/files/18936952/001.mp3.html

guess1

Post by guess1 » Apr 26th, '06, 04:57

just watched Nobuta a second time and I still love it

it is such a good series

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 3rd, '06, 16:39

I just finished watching this drama...very good storyline and a perfect ending although it was a little bit sad that nobuta was left alone..the most important thing in this drama that there is no romance in it...it is just about friendship between these 3 people and how it was developed...

the actors & the actress' performance was really good :thumright:

I really didn't think that I'll love this drama when I saw the 1st episode :lol but It became one of my favorites :cheers:

It is a very touching & wonderful drama ...I know now why a lot of people loved it & why it got all these awards :whistling:

thanks for the subber & the uploaders who gave us this great opportunity to watch such a good drama :-)

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » May 3rd, '06, 16:58

aah..iv watched NwP for like.. a LOT of times alreadii..and i never grow tired of it...i love this drama...and like love angel said..there isn't any romance love triangle w/c is good...i was hoping there wudn't be one..and there wasn't...it juz shows how deep theyr friendship realii is.. ^^