STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 820

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Discussion] Nobuta wo Produce

Post by xiaryx » Oct 19th, '05, 03:18

How would you rate this drama, starting Kamenashi Kazuya? I love the beginning but I am not sure how it progresses.

PLEASE vote after you have seen at LEAST 3 eps.....

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 19th, '05, 17:39

the piggies are soo cute!!! kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :heart:

will vote after the third episode~ :-)

already 2 people voted to "STAY AWAY".......... no feedback whatsoever? :unsure:

Namae

Post by Namae » Oct 19th, '05, 18:12

i doesn't watch it yet but i 'm really want to see yamaP & kame very much
akira & shuji
they're kakkoii ne.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Oct 19th, '05, 19:33

There has only been one episode and people are voting "STAY AWAY"? :blink
Come on... :glare:

I love it so far and I have a feeling this will be my favourite this season... :lol

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Oct 19th, '05, 22:54

So far one of the worst dramas of the year. A stoyr that we've seen a thousand times already, badly directed. And most of the actors were not good at all, especially the two main guys. But I'll give it a second chance with the upcoming episode.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Oct 19th, '05, 23:01

Well, I really love it ^-^ I think it's... cute... ^^;; Haha there's no other better word to describe it XD The plot is really cute, it's light-hearted, it's funny and it's enjoyable. If the plot's overused, I wouldn't know... and even if it was, I really liked watching it ^-^ I can't wait for the second episode!!

I really love Yamapi's character though. I really think it says something about his skill as an actor that he can pull off such a retarded, drunk, queer character and actually make him seem believable XD He did a really really good job ^-^
Last edited by mallepa on Oct 20th, '05, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

An3maePhreek

Post by An3maePhreek » Oct 20th, '05, 00:01

Yamapi wa totemo kawaii!!

Anywhoo... kame is completely schmexy! combined with the on crack Yamapi Xd its like... XD AWESOME! but I'll reserve my vote until later.

XDXD

The plot is overused, but if they do it better than the previous ones, who's to care? XD
Attachments
3912091.gif
3912091.gif (9.49 KiB) Viewed 20541 times

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 20th, '05, 04:46

at least they added some creativeness to the maybe not so original plot.
c'mon.......a magic money hand that grants wishes? and like An3maePhreek said..."Yamapi on crack" ... :whistling: (I'm not making fun........I'm actually a fan of NewS)

and a wacky vice principal..........as well as a weird book store owner....... not your every day characters in dramas, ne? :lol

and it also helps that the ending credits and song is creative itself.... i rewatched it at least three times. :clap:

i'm actually sort of anxious to see the change in Nobuko.... :w00t:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Oct 20th, '05, 05:17

i haven't watched it but i'm dying to!!!! I would love :heart: to see YamaP and Kame in this drama!!!! :wub: they are sooo hot!!!! it would be cool if this has subs :P Fansubbers out there,Onegai-ne :pray:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 20th, '05, 05:22

Jecky wrote:i haven't watched it but i'm dying to!!!! I would love :heart: to see YamaP and Kame in this drama!!!! :wub: they are sooo hot!!!! it would be cool if this has subs :P Fansubbers out there,Onegai-ne :pray:
first episode is subbed by dancestar~ :-)

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 20th, '05, 05:29

Jecky wrote:i haven't watched it but i'm dying to!!!! I would love :heart: to see YamaP and Kame in this drama!!!! :wub: they are sooo hot!!!! it would be cool if this has subs :P Fansubbers out there,Onegai-ne :pray:
There are subs available for the first episode already :-)
So, what are you waiting for? Get it now!!!

docsnoek

Post by docsnoek » Oct 20th, '05, 06:05

I liked what I saw in the first episode. It has some weird, almost surreal atmosphere in it. Since I'm pretty new to this whole dorama-thingie (only finished Densha Otoko, Gokusen 1+2 and Sekachu until now) I cannot judge about the lack of creativity of the plot. Or do you mean the whole "Ugly Duckling" thing? Anyway, I'm looking forward to see Ep.2!

Dorobou

Post by Dorobou » Oct 20th, '05, 19:57

Another interesting drama this season, the first episode is quite ok, just hope that it'll carry that momentum til the end, and YamaP's character is really interesting and quite funny.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 20th, '05, 21:07

ep 1 was so good!! liked it a lot! hmm maybe the storyline isn't all that interesting but OMG what a great characters we have here..everyone's different. I like Kame's character hihi he's a great oniichan :wub: and I think he's acting it good too :-) YamaPi's way of speaking is really funny and reminds me of Kubozuka in SOS lol but I guess my favourite character will be vice principal :lol she rocks!!!!
can't wait for ep 2

luv the ending clip :rofl: this is the best ending clip I've ever seen

oh and I'll vote after watching the whole series :-)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 21st, '05, 02:23

yamatsumi wrote:ep 1 was so good!! liked it a lot! hmm maybe the storyline isn't all that interesting but OMG what a great characters we have here..everyone's different. I like Kame's character hihi he's a great oniichan :wub: and I think he's acting it good too :-) YamaPi's way of speaking is really funny and reminds me of Kubozuka in SOS lol but I guess my favourite character will be vice principal :lol she rocks!!!!
can't wait for ep 2

luv the ending clip :rofl: this is the best ending clip I've ever seen

oh and I'll vote after watching the whole series :-)
as for the ending clip, I actually cut it out to made it into a "PV" so that I could listen and watch it on demand without skimming to the end. :mrgreen:

it's soooooooooooooo kawaaaiiiii~!!! :wub:

wachi

Post by wachi » Oct 21st, '05, 02:28

Yamapi's character admuses me. I like the vice principal when she was in Ping Pong also, I almost didn't recgonize her. Her character is pretty ...out there. Will vote after a few more episodes, not sure how I feel right now.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Oct 21st, '05, 02:47

i've always loved high sch drama with young cast... thought the 1st ep was nice...
anw isnt nobuko the girl frm densha? his sis rite?
n im sure the girls are goin ga ga over the 2 main leads.. i thought yama p was rather gd

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 21st, '05, 02:52

Hayashi_kun wrote:anw isnt nobuko the girl frm densha? his sis rite?
Yep, that's Densha's sister that your seeing in this drama :-)

oceansportrait

Nobuta wo Produce

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 21st, '05, 02:59

Since I've only watched one episode, I'll save most of my gripes I have about this show so far until I watch at least half the series to see if any of the questions I was left with after watching the first episode is answered later on. It was interesting to see the actor who played Shuji with a more talkative role (last time I saw him in a drama was in Gokusen 2 and he was more of the "cool" character who rolled his eyes at his friend's antics ^^). But I think the actor himself is more fit for the non-speaking roles---his acting just starts to really falter when he opens his mouth.

Shuji reminded me of Hideaki's character in SOS. I think it's because both characters seem to be spending each day doing mindless things, just waiting for life to pass by. Yamashita's character (Akira) is very very annoying (I can understand why Shuji tries to avoid him half the time ^^). He's always flapping his hands around and talking like a drunk for no apparent reason. It is amusing though how he is always behind in the latest rumours :D Maybe it's just me but I think Yamashita's better off with non-speaking roles (or roles with minimal speaking ^^). He shined through in Ikebukuro West Gate Park as the silent teenager who just wants in. I don't understand why he keeps choosing roles like this.

Nobuko's character intruiges me, but as the first episode went on her character became more and more unlike what I perceived her to be from first impressions. Her personality is dark and she has a pessimistic outlook on life. Knowing her past, I thought she would be less willing to talk about why she became this way. That's why I was surprised when she so easily told Shuji and Akira about her past. She kept rambling on and on about how she didn't believe things would ever change, how she's used to being teased, etc. etc. I think her character would have been more effective if she'd remained a mystery for the first couple of episodes, and gradually led up to her confessing about her past.

But then again, I knew right from when they showed the opening with the 3-D anime characters writing on the chalk board the title of the drama that this wasn't going to be an insightful, intelligent drama. It's supposed to be fun and light. I probably thought wayy too much into this XD

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 21st, '05, 02:59

wachi wrote:Yamapi's character admuses me. I like the vice principal when she was in Ping Pong also, I almost didn't recgonize her. Her character is pretty ...out there. Will vote after a few more episodes, not sure how I feel right now.
YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew i've seen her from somewhere....i just couldn't place where~!

aha, she's the one who owns that place where students can practice playing ping pong, and she's the one always holding on to the spatula~ :doh:

wachi

Post by wachi » Oct 21st, '05, 04:53

^ Yeah. Her hair was gray/whiteish in the movie, totally opposite.. but Ping Pong is my favorite movie, so I can't miss.

Nobuta themesong, if anyone is interesting.

credits; ordinary day

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 21st, '05, 11:07

^^ angel: got a new sig for this thread? :lol gosh this is just to cute :wub: :wub:
lilswtangel wrote:as for the ending clip, I actually cut it out to made it into a "PV" so that I could listen and watch it on demand without skimming to the end. :mrgreen:

really? can you upload it to YSI or megaupload? onegaishimaaaaas
this piggies are so cute :lol anyone know which one is Kame-chan and which one is YamaPi? :P

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 21st, '05, 23:18

yamatsumi wrote:^^ angel: got a new sig for this thread? :lol gosh this is just to cute :wub: :wub:
lilswtangel wrote:as for the ending clip, I actually cut it out to made it into a "PV" so that I could listen and watch it on demand without skimming to the end. :mrgreen:

really? can you upload it to YSI or megaupload? onegaishimaaaaas
this piggies are so cute :lol anyone know which one is Kame-chan and which one is YamaPi? :P
i thought the pink one was kame and the green one was nobuko~ :-)

you know, how she always get picked on and he goes running to save her? :lol

-oh, and I'm uploading the cut-out clip to yousendit at this very moment. it's a big file (27 mb well, big in terms of yousendit links) because I didn't re-encode it to make it smaller. but i'll post the link here once it's done~ :-)

wachi

Post by wachi » Oct 21st, '05, 23:29

I thought so too. The green one looks a bit retardish.. I dunno why, but reminds me of Yamapi. It seems like the pink one always be protecting the green one. Its so cute. Hope they will sell those piggies plush.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 22nd, '05, 01:46

@yamatsumi-san, arigatou for the compliment~ :lol

and grrrrrrrrrs.............i tried so many times to upload the piggies clip on yousendit, but every time i tried uploading, it kept dying and saying error.

but i got it to work on megaupload. this is my first time using megaupload.

so here's the link :-)

@wachi, thanks for the themesong!!!!! :wub:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Oct 22nd, '05, 04:17

@wachi, thanks for the theme song!!!! :D

sharonfruits

Post by sharonfruits » Oct 22nd, '05, 08:50

woohoo,this show is soooo good.ya,i do agree that the plot is the same old same old(trying to make a noone to a someone),but the last scene really made me wanting more of this series(when Kame was talking bout the future...),and the last scene tells me that this series is not like the others that's about the' ugly duckling'........the characters in this show is so unique,i love yamaP's acting as a weird ,crazy,funny guy,he's soooo cute.

this series is really fun to watch,I LOVE IT,really want to see ep 2.......I LOVE NOBUTA WO PRODUCE...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 22nd, '05, 11:24

hihi I actually identified those piggies yesterday but forgot to edit my post :P you're right, wachi, the green one is YamaPi and the pink one is Kame-chan. It was all explained in SP. here's some caps

oh I have to ask Jelithe (she is in Japan right now) if they're selling softtoys :lol I wanna hug them both :wub:

angel: thanks for the link :notworthy: downloading it right now!! and you know what? there must be something wrong wit YSI coz I was also trying to upload a file (around 40MB) and got that error as well :unsure:

keiko_orn

Post by keiko_orn » Oct 23rd, '05, 03:01

wachi Thanks so much for song

Arigatougozaimasu.

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 23rd, '05, 03:13

the piggies are definitely kawaii!

it's somewhat hard for me to grasp yama's character. i didn't read the synopsis so, i'm thinking he's either a super care-free person, or half-drunk, or metally unstable. lol. but i loved him in stand up!

can't wait for the next episode. arigato to the subbers!

seira

Post by seira » Oct 23rd, '05, 14:00

yamatsumi wrote: YamaPi's way of speaking is really funny and reminds me of Kubozuka in SOS lol
)
i was thinking what character yamap reminded me of, and now i know. he's almost mirror image of kubozuka as king in IWGP. only kubozuka was way hotter..... i'm not saying yamap is bad b/c i actually began to like him as actor, but he needs to put more twist to the character develoment. i will see what happens. so far the drama is pretty interesting.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 23rd, '05, 21:34

seira wrote:
yamatsumi wrote: YamaPi's way of speaking is really funny and reminds me of Kubozuka in SOS lol
)
i was thinking what character yamap reminded me of, and now i know. he's almost mirror image of kubozuka as king in IWGP. only kubozuka was way hotter.....
haven't seen IWGP yet coz I'm waiting for SARS release but there's no doubt that Kubozuka is a lot hotter than YamaPi :P
Eria wrote: it's somewhat hard for me to grasp yama's character. i didn't read the synopsis so, i'm thinking he's either a super care-free person, or half-drunk, or metally unstable. lol
I haven't seen ep 2 yet but I think Akira (lol YamaPi is Akira, right? :unsure: ) is acting like that not because he's careless, mentally unstable etc. I think later in the dorama we'll find out about his family problems and his "careless" attitude will actually be his way to handle the situation. I think we'll have here 2 kids (Akira & Nobuko) having similar problems but acting in 2 different ways to hide it. lol am I thinking too much?? :lol

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 24th, '05, 21:54

yamatsumi wrote:
seira wrote:
)
i was thinking what character yamap reminded me of, and now i know. he's almost mirror image of kubozuka as king in IWGP. only kubozuka was way hotter.....
haven't seen IWGP yet coz I'm waiting for SARS release but there's no doubt that Kubozuka is a lot hotter than YamaPi :P
Eria wrote: it's somewhat hard for me to grasp yama's character. i didn't read the synopsis so, i'm thinking he's either a super care-free person, or half-drunk, or metally unstable. lol
I haven't seen ep 2 yet but I think Akira (lol YamaPi is Akira, right? :unsure: ) is acting like that not because he's careless, mentally unstable etc. I think later in the dorama we'll find out about his family problems and his "careless" attitude will actually be his way to handle the situation. I think we'll have here 2 kids (Akira & Nobuko) having similar problems but acting in 2 different ways to hide it. lol am I thinking too much?? :lol
i think i read in jdorama that his character is care-free (not careless, it has two different meanings) :lol . that made sense! i'm beginning to really like this. i hope the subbers don't get tired of subbing the rest :clap: . can't wait for ep 3!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 24th, '05, 22:08

^ LOL I meant care-fee of course :sweat: thanks Eria :P

anyway, I have one more thought after watching ep 2...don't you guys have a feeling that the cute and sweet girl from basketball team isn't that sweet at all? I guess she might be the real boss of the band or something :lol

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 24th, '05, 22:17

yamatsumi wrote:^ LOL I meant care-fee of course :sweat: thanks Eria :P

anyway, I have one more thought after watching ep 2...don't you guys have a feeling that the cute and sweet girl from basketball team isn't that sweet at all? I guess she might be the real boss of the band or something :lol
i have the same feeling too!

i think she's the one who wrote ugly on nobuko's uniform instead of bando and crew(i think that's her name. forgot :mrgreen: ). i think bando (?) doesn't have anything to do with her though, but don't quote me on it. :lol
Last edited by Eria on Oct 26th, '05, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 24th, '05, 22:27

yap, I totally agree about the busu part hehe and my thought about her being the boss... hmm she had this smile on her face when the bando was beating Nobuko in the bathroom.. but not really sure about this one :P we have to wait for ep 3 :lol but there's something not honest about her for sure...

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Oct 24th, '05, 22:52

The "sweet" girl would probably start to hate Nobuko later because Shuji pays more attention to her ^^;;

... yay for extreme drama prediction? ^^ LOL~ although I LOVE the series, and even though it may be "predictable" to some, I think there's an aspect that makes it more interesting than the classic story XD
And I really wanna learn about Akira's family too!! Because he said his dad was a president of some company and then he didn't mention anything else on it o.o;;
... I can tell this'll probably get really good :D

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Oct 25th, '05, 00:19

wachi wrote:Yamapi's character admuses me. I like the vice principal when she was in Ping Pong also, I almost didn't recgonize her. Her character is pretty ...out there. Will vote after a few more episodes, not sure how I feel right now.
I knew it! I thought she looked familiar. And I've just watched Ping Pong yesterday(great movie, btw). Suji's dad looks like Hikari's manager from Star No koi. And Im glad that the sixth-sense-look alike-kid is in here as the lil' brother.

I was a bit apprehensive to watch the series since Ive accidentally read a comment beforehand saying bad acting, amateur editing at the first page of this thread..but while I was watching it...I thought to mysef, "What the heck is that person talking about? This is a great show. Im loving it already!"

This is the first time Ive seen Kame in a drama, and my first thought was...is this even a boy, look at those eyebrows :blink , second thought was...this guy really fits the "popular boy" image...He's a natural! I am turning into a fan, hehe. I guess I better grab Gokusen 2.
"Bye~ bye~cycle" That was hella corny, but it still cracks me up whenever they do it, :lol

Yamap... :lol :lol :lol, need I say more? He's so cuteee and funnyyy, especially whenever he pinches Nobuta or fidgets with her hair.

Im also impress of Nobuta with how she pulled off the introvert-slash-freaky looking girl, after seeing her as densha's seductive sister.

If this continues on, Nobuta wo Produce can easily turn into one of my favorites, if it isnt already is.

Moomin

Post by Moomin » Oct 25th, '05, 23:05

mallepa wrote:The "sweet" girl would probably start to hate Nobuko later because Shuji pays more attention to her ^^;;

... yay for extreme drama prediction? ^^ LOL~ although I LOVE the series, and even though it may be "predictable" to some, I think there's an aspect that makes it more interesting than the classic story XD
I agreed. The drama is really predictable but I think there are some aspects that makes it more than a typical high school drama. The whole make over incident is abused and overused in a lot of dramas; obviously the girl is more than plain looking: needless to say, not ugly.

Once in a while Shuji's character will say something in general that goes beyond the surface level of things. I really like the second episode where he said something about how appearance is more than appearance; it's what people will use to perceive you and at the same time it is the means to how you want to be looked at.

I mean, these kids are not only struggling with popularity issues and classes in school but they are also undergoing the process that will gradually lead them to the rules of society.

I am digressing~ But I enjoy this drama.

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 26th, '05, 03:59

jaycee05 wrote: "Bye~ bye~cycle" That was hella corny, but it still cracks me up whenever they do it, :lol
wahhhh!!! :lol :lol

i was thinking of the same thing. :lol

i just realized that nobuko was densha's lil sis :P ! that's why she looked so familiar. i didn't really pay attention to the casts except yamap's cuz i saw him in stand up and i thought he was pretty good.

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jho » Oct 26th, '05, 04:12

yamatsumi wrote:
seira wrote:
)
Wow, that was deep. It makes sense though. You have good observations/sense of thinking =)

But damn.. If that was true, I'd feel so bad for Akira.. I think it's really sad, if it were true. It adds a whole new level to the drama, imo.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 26th, '05, 19:42

jho wrote:Wow, that was deep. It makes sense though. You have good observations/sense of thinking =)

But damn.. If that was true, I'd feel so bad for Akira.. I think it's really sad, if it were true. It adds a whole new level to the drama, imo.
don't take it too seriously since I made it up out of boredom while waiting for ep 2 :lol you know, my school is actually pretty famous coz of its psychology studies hehe I'm not studying psychology tho but I guess its the atmosphere we have there :P

anyway, I just found out that there's a book called Nobuta wo Produce. anyone got some more info about the book?

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Oct 26th, '05, 22:36

hey, did anyone else realize that the old man in the bookstore is actually japanese rock star kiyoshiro imawano?! ok, probably not that many of you have heard him or his former band the rc succession (easily one of the greatest japanese rock bands of all time), but i can at least clue you in by saying he's the equal of a david bowie or a mick jagger. i actually saw him in concert this past summer, and i won't lie to you, i'm a huge fan... but i had no idea whatsoever that he was in this drama when i sat down to watch it. kiyo-chan has this way of popping up on television when i least expect him to (^_^;

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Oct 26th, '05, 22:51

^
Wow, that's cool, I had no idea ^^;; I said he had some kind of rock-star-fame-aura around him (maybe it's his eyes), but I had no idea it was actually true ^^;;

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Oct 26th, '05, 23:44

kiyo-chan's official website:

http://www.kiyoshiro.co.jp

SummerLoveRemix

Post by SummerLoveRemix » Oct 27th, '05, 02:53

jaycee05 wrote: i just realized that nobuko was densha's lil sis :P ! that's why she looked so familiar. i didn't really pay attention to the casts except yamap's cuz i saw him in stand up and i thought he was pretty good.
I actually didn't notice that until a little later as well. It was like, "Whoa! I've seen her somewhere before!" Lol. So far, I'm liking the drama even though, like most of you said, some things are a little predictable and overused. BUT, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things turn out. Keep watching!~

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 27th, '05, 16:39

wachi wrote:^ Yeah. Her hair was gray/whiteish in the movie, totally opposite.. but Ping Pong is my favorite movie, so I can't miss.

Nobuta themesong, if anyone is interesting.

credits; ordinary day
Thanksss wachi for the song , yaaaaa

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 28th, '05, 00:48

The CLip Shuuji to Akira - Seishun Amigo is now ONLINE !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Oct 28th, '05, 01:22

Finally watched the first episode. And what a BIG episode!

Well, my thoughts about it... I liked, but wasn´t what I expected for.

Kamenashi - is he a boy or what?! I´m not saying he´s ugly, of course he´s not, but it isn´t a MACHO beauty... his beauty seems pretty unnatural... sorry, Kame´s fans!

Yamashita - this guy is really really handsome!!!! I´ve always thought he´s kakkoi. And he´s so funny!!!!

I think this drama is funny, but it gets a bit ridiculous and silly at most of times.
I loved that "bye, bye-cycle" and "getsu, ka, sui, moku, kin, dooooo" thing, I laughed a lot, but... some things are pretty annoying to watch.

Maybe I´ll dl 2nd episode to be sure or to change my mind.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Oct 28th, '05, 01:43

^
I personally thought the first ep was a bit long too, but watch the second episode!! ^^ I think it gets a bit better at the second episode XDD
I like the messages of the show, they're really sweet <333

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Oct 28th, '05, 07:01

well..... this is a rather strange series....

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 31st, '05, 23:14

hey guys, anyone have Seishun Amigo lyrics? if you have it in Kanji it's fine too...

firexfly5

Post by firexfly5 » Oct 31st, '05, 23:17

The first episode really got me hooked but after watching the third episode, my views changed just slightly.. seems to get annoying after a while but anyhow, it remains to be one of my favorite dramas of this season!! :P

Some of those puns in the drama are so funny.. haha~ it's so interesting to see Shuji so popular and then Akira so dorky.. haha Yamapi has an interesting role. I can't wait to see the next episode..

the second episode was pretty good, not bad. the best episode has got to be the first episode as it starts to build up the story.

the third episode.. i find it so RANDOM that they threw in the part about the "spirits" but they're not. okay?? :blink

lol anyway, not bad of a drama at all!

vanggirlie

Post by vanggirlie » Nov 1st, '05, 01:35

yea, when i watched the 1st ep i thought eh...it's ok. also i thought the guy that played shuji was kind you know gay-ish with the plucked eyebrows but now i'm use to it and he does have sometimg becoming about him and he's not feminine either. i think for me, the whole thing...drama and 3 main leads needs getting use to so now i really like it and waiting for the next ep.

this drama seems a lot like a manga or anime. was it ever a manga or anime?

Eria

Post by Eria » Nov 1st, '05, 20:42

saw ep 3. what's with the spirits?? hahaha!
i was definitely moved at the end of the haunted house.
poor shuji! he had to tend to everyone. i guess that's the price he had to pay for being so popular.
anyway, can't wait for the next ep. oh, and i really like the one on one talk of nobuko and akira (?). i'm anticipating for what's next to happen.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 2nd, '05, 00:32

yup me too , akaka , after each eps , I always learnt something about the 3 personnages , yup yup ,

jayph

Post by jayph » Nov 2nd, '05, 05:52

Did anybody notice the Hard Gay impersonator in the third episode :D :D :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 3rd, '05, 16:50

just wanted to say that Seishun Amigo single including Kizuna and Karahuru is already available at jpopsuki :cheers:

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Nov 4th, '05, 01:45

yamatsumi wrote:just wanted to say that Seishun Amigo single including Kizuna and Karahuru is already available at jpopsuki :cheers:
karahuru == karafuru == Colorful :)
I'm getting the single CD also. If nobody uploads a good version (320kbps) here,
I would once I get my copy.

Also, for lyrics, I only have the TV size lyrics. If you want full lyrics, then I'll
post it when I upload the CD. Don't expect me to translate or romanize it tho. :D

sakura_mars

I voted - Life Altering!!!!

Post by sakura_mars » Nov 4th, '05, 02:01

This series ROCKS!!!! I'v ewatched the three episodes over and over, before I even had the subs!

The story is so interesting and deep and complex...but still fun and cheesy like a good dorama ^_^ The characters are really cool. The actors are really awesome. I liked Kame(who plays Shuuji) in Gok 2, but I like him even better in this. The girl who plays the main girl is really cool too. She is sooo cool. Oh and Yamapi who plays Akira. He's amazing. He creeps me otu. But ithat means he's doing his job right, ne?

The theme song is amazing too ^_^

sharonfruits

Post by sharonfruits » Nov 4th, '05, 02:29

Ya,i love this series...i had watched the 1st ep 6 times with and without subs,2nd ep 3 times,and the 3rd ep 3 1/2 times...sometimes i think this series is a bit predictable and the story i seen a thosand times,but the characters in this series are all so unique...

Kame was kind of gayish to me at first with the 'perfect' eyebrows and all,but as the series progress,he seems cool and much more macho for some reason.i just LOVE him.

Yamap was so handsome and CUTE in this series........i just can't get enouugh of him,i love seeing him playing or poking nobuta,their so cute together....i'm wating for his background story...with the way his acting,i think he had a really bad background(with the father being the president of a huge buiding and all )

the main girl(forgot her real name) is really cool,she played the sis of densha otoko right...her acting is good,and like yamap ,i really want to know her background story.she's my fave character...

this series is not everyones cup of tea,but i surely LOVE this series(i love high school kind of dramas cause i'm in high school,hehehehe)...wating for the next ep and subs for it...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 4th, '05, 22:30

chiisana_tantei wrote: karahuru == karafuru == Colorful :)
I'm getting the single CD also. If nobody uploads a good version (320kbps) here,
I would once I get my copy.
haha a lot of mistakes in romaji in my posts lately XD but this time I just copied and pasted the title from the mp3 I downloaded hehe didn't even read that title :P but sorry anyway
chiisana_tantei wrote:Also, for lyrics, I only have the TV size lyrics. If you want full lyrics, then I'll
post it when I upload the CD. Don't expect me to translate or romanize it tho. :D

chiisana_tantei, you're sooooo sweet!! :notworthy: yes, I'll wait for the lyrics and Kanji are fine...if others want me to romanize it and post it here just let me know

NecareGenesis

Post by NecareGenesis » Nov 5th, '05, 02:42

I've watched the first three episodes and I've never really seen any other jdrama with the same story, so I can't say I think it's overused. I can say that I've seen a lot of jdramas with a school setting though.

I think that Kame and Yamapi are good in this. I've never seen Yamapi play a character like this before and it's really made me like him more. After the first episode, I already loved it. I think I can find myself relating to the characters a bit and that's a reason why I like it. There will always be a few people that will rate it badly, but my opinion won't change. This is one of my favorites.

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Nov 5th, '05, 07:41

yamatsumi wrote:chiisana_tantei, you're sooooo sweet!! :notworthy: yes, I'll wait for the lyrics and Kanji are fine...if others want me to romanize it and post it here just let me know
Ok, I've uploaded those songs and the lyrics is on the first post.
I hope I didn't mistyped cause the characters on lyric sheet is so small. :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 5th, '05, 11:51

chiisana_tantei: thanks soooooo much!!!! I'm going to download it right now :cheers:

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 5th, '05, 23:31

some caps, yamapi is just too adorable in this episode. god, is he out to steal my heart or something? haha.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Nov 6th, '05, 05:42

Have a really small confusing question that I have been pondering for a while now :scratch:
comment on it if u have already seen ep4
hmm..this has been bothering me for a while now, but the girl who destroyed the cultural festival ghost house and right now in ep4, who ruined the B-day cake picture, is it the same girl who torment's Nobuta everyday? Bando (I think that's her name) or is it someone else?
cus if it is really that girl bando, then why do they have to hide the girl's face all the time and put her in the shadow.To me, by doing that they are saying it's someone else who did it :blink..if it is a differently girl then..my guess would be Uehara Mariko cus for some strange reason I donn know why I chose her..lol

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 6th, '05, 06:41

^ by now, i don't think that would be considered as spoiler anymore.. is it? but we're all curious as well about that girl. who is Mariko? is she the one who lunches with Shuji? her & bando would be too obvious. either one of them has like a small mole (like a black dot) on the right side of their chin? i noticed that during episode 3, when they showed a closeup on her lips.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 6th, '05, 19:09

Episode 4 is so funny and has me screaming all through out!

I know at the love match game, Shuji had to pour flower or pour water. I was so nervous as to what he will choose. Especially, he is caught between Nobuta project (and Akira's threat of bodily harm) and his "supposely" girlfriend."
Although, he lucked out of the dilema because Nobuko ended up switching the "crush" to the Bendo, I was still mighty curious as to what his final decision was. And after about four pages of "water" in his little black book, I was screaming of disbelieve when his final decision was flower. I just can't wait to see what happens in next episode when both of the guys acknowledge (to themselves) that they are in love with Nobuko.
This is a must watch!

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 6th, '05, 19:23

Like what? What? WHAAAT?
dont read on if you havent watched episode 4!!

Not that I've watched episode 4 myself, but I read these posts and BOTH guys acknowledge they like Noboku?? No waaay!! I didnt see that coming! I thought at first they would pair up Kame with her coz he's a bit more of the lead man (read : less ditzy than Yamapi), but after episode 3 (in which Yamap was a lot more sober than usual I thought..and the flower field scene.. :wub: ..I thought that they might just pair these guys up and Kame would go lead his own life. But BOTH guys saying they like her? Especially Kame? Wow..

As for the girl ruining Nobokus life, I think its that popular girl as well..Kame's 'girl.' Not sure why but I just get this feeling..

I love this series!! Thank you everyone whos uploading the episodes and translating!! :)

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Nov 6th, '05, 19:34

^ you should do the HIDDEN thing if it's gonna be a spoiler ... i can't help taking a peek of what you wrote eventhough i haven't watch episode 4 :whistling:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 6th, '05, 20:33

Aku wrote:Like what? What? WHAAAT?
dont read on if you havent watched episode 4!!

Not that I've watched episode 4 myself, but I read these posts and BOTH guys acknowledge they like Noboku?? No waaay!! I didnt see that coming! I thought at first they would pair up Kame with her coz he's a bit more of the lead man (read : less ditzy than Yamapi), but after episode 3 (in which Yamap was a lot more sober than usual I thought..and the flower field scene.. :wub: ..I thought that they might just pair these guys up and Kame would go lead his own life. But BOTH guys saying they like her? Especially Kame? Wow..

As for the girl ruining Nobokus life, I think its that popular girl as well..Kame's 'girl.' Not sure why but I just get this feeling..

I love this series!! Thank you everyone whos uploading the episodes and translating!! :)
yup yup I agree with you , I think and certainly sure that the "Evilness" here is Th e popular girl ( Shuuji's GF!!!) don't know why but , her smile reminds me the scen she was destroying the haunted house , the eyes in eps 4 !!! It must be her !!! And why she did that ? no idea , cuz of jealous ? or cuz she knew all about "Nobuta Wo Produce" ?? akaka can't wait for the next ...

Come back to our 3 characters , you sayz that both o Shuuji & Akira may be fall in l**e with Nohuta :blink :blink It will be fun to see that , akakak , I saw the preview of eps 4 , Shuuji & Akira ask something to Nobuta and she looks surprise (?!) so bad i can't understand Japanese , snip , . But after all , if you ask me who goes well with Nobuta ?? uhmm .. both of them ?! or well , none of them ... cuz I think this story will just end like the others ado drama , they will just stay "good friends" after all aventure , and we don't know wat happen to them in the future , just let our imagination , akakakaka

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 7th, '05, 01:44

akira was too funny in this episode, especially the part where he threaten to hurt shuji... & his brick mashing thing was hilarious. hahah. akira is pretty cool.

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 8th, '05, 06:31

oh dear, just finished watching with sub.. this episode spells trouble..
arika said that he's falling in love with NOBUTA? and Shuji finally shows his true side, he really does care about Nobuta & Akira, he chose flower in the end.. now that Nobuta knows that, i wonder if her feelings change for him as well.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

mystery girl

Post by XrayMind » Nov 8th, '05, 07:13

I am not going spoil anything. If you watch carefully in Ep4, you can figure who she is. I notice all of the main girls characters are wearing different color skirt with their uniforms. Well they did show the mystery girl's skirt for less than a second at the night destroying the drawing. Note, some minor characters are wearing same skirt. It was pretty obvious even before this hint, but this confirm it.