Only if you have time (2)
29%
STAY AWAY (1)
3%

Total votes: 35

elleyred

[Discussion] GACHI BAKA!

Post by elleyred » Jan 10th, '06, 22:07

i am anticipating for this series so badly! i love massu and tegoshi so much, well i just love NEWS a lot! :wub:

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Jan 20th, '06, 09:12

Just finished watching it. Tegoshi's character in it really surprised me
he is actually a bad boy! *gasp* and was invovled in wreaking the school's baseball team room
Even thou the rating for ep 1 really low, but hopefully it'll get higher
I guess japanese are getting bored of high school drama?

massaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by massaru » Jan 20th, '06, 09:38

Entertaining although a total GTO rip off ... with 2 downsides, Kaba-chan :crazy: and the worst, Inoue Waka instead of Matsushima Nanako :-( . I can understand the poor ratings, it has nothing to do with it being a high school dorama (Dragon Zakura and Nobuta went really well). It lacks more originality and a better cast.

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Jan 21st, '06, 04:32

Oh my God. It's true!! It's a total GTO rip off, pakuri!! <___< So disappointing =__=
No wonder why the ratings were quite low,,, I suggest trying "Kami wa saikoro wo furanai" instead, it's a different genre, but it's really good!! (At least the first episode 8) )

...and by the way, Takashi Sorimachi (GTO) is the best :salut:
Last edited by martina_SMO on Jan 21st, '06, 17:10, edited 2 times in total.

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Jan 21st, '06, 04:42

I don't think it's fair to say it's a direct rip off from GTO
Gokusen is similar too, but it was still popular.
There is only so much theme you can have to a high school drama.
Sports, Romance, Teacher vs student.
the other drama that was on at the same time, didn't have a much higher rating also. And it has a much stronger cast. Therefore I'm hoping that next week the rating would go up.

AjiKan

Post by AjiKan » Jan 21st, '06, 09:46

Just finished watching the first episode, and like cereza, i also don't think it's fair to say it's a GTO rip-off. I thought it was pretty good, considering how many J-dramas have been done in a high school settings. Although, i don't think it is as good as GTO and Gokusen. Those two would be very hard to beat.
I was also surprised by Tegoshi's character, i think he did a really good job so far! I think what was happening with the whole pool thing was that he was really good at swimming, but then he broke his shoulder (?) so couldnt swim anymore. So sad T.T. Yuuya-kun was crying!
Maybe i'll download episode 2..

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Jan 21st, '06, 12:50

I watched half of eps 1 and then fastforwarded to the end. GTO was the first that came in mind and then I was thinking GTO mixed with Gokusen, Tegoshi's character reminds me of Jun's in the first Gokusen while the girl who lured the teacher to karaoke is a direct rip from GTO. The teacher is so unconvincing. This drama really lack originality as somebody mentioned earlier.........although Tegoshi looks quite cute in this drama. :glare:

yuji

Post by yuji » Jan 21st, '06, 17:26

somehow very disappointed with this drama. The acting by the cast are fine but the script is totally unoriginal. The characters and theme are not well developed and after watching the first episode, the "problematic " class 3E does not seem problematic at all to me .Only Tomoka, Tegoshi and masuda left me any impression and virtually all the remaining students are just shadows behind them.

The theme of the first episode is also not clear with too many ripped off ideas from other drama. The rape setup idea is recycled from GTO , the potential love triangle is similar to Nobuta ( 2 good looking guys from Johnny + 1 girl ) while Takahashi attempts to get Tegoshi to school is just too familar. I agree that it is not wrong to recycle some old ideas but it must at least be convincing. For example the rape setup is just meaningless - after the setup I expected more to happen but suddenly the drama change its direction to Tegoshi's part -> the school didn't pursue, Takahashi didn't care much, the girl just gave up pursuing Takahashi to quit immediately the next day after Takahashi said he wanted to marry her. This made me wonder why the rape setup is put inside the script in the first place :-( .

Takahashi , Tegoshi , Tomoka all did well for their part but sadly the script is bad in the first place( probably TBS had already spent most its budget in Byakuyakou and Rondo)

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 28th, '06, 01:00

ripoff or whatever, i liked the first ep :lol

xsnowangelx

Post by xsnowangelx » Jan 31st, '06, 07:11

hmmm this seems to be an interestin series.. theres some positive n negative reviews eh? can ne1 recommend a clubbox for me to dl it? or a place for me to check it out? =]

vtx

Post by vtx » Jan 31st, '06, 07:24

Can someone tell me what the title "Gachibaka" means? :scratch:

saffy

Post by saffy » Jan 31st, '06, 16:11

hello hello... just wanted to let you know that I've finally managed to upload kioku's episode 01. Sorry for the delay to anyone who was waiting.

Kioku Episode 01 - http://down.clubbox.co.kr/absolutebaka/jxt06

sleepycat13

Post by sleepycat13 » Jan 31st, '06, 21:49

I think Gachi means school? (<--not sure, think it's slang)
and baka means idiot, stupid...along the lines of that, different people have different ways of interpreting it~

EDIT: sorry for posting the wrong meaning...haha, i'm gonna work on my japanese...
Last edited by sleepycat13 on Feb 2nd, '06, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Feb 1st, '06, 01:10

vtx wrote:Can someone tell me what the title "Gachibaka" means? :scratch:
Gachi means 'serious match/fight'(Short for 'Gachinko') or 'stubborn'.
So Gachibaka would mean "Stubborn idiot" or "Serious match addict".

Both makes sense in this series (Probably why they named this)... But I think it should be "Stubborn idiot" in this case 8)

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 1st, '06, 03:22

8thSin wrote:
vtx wrote:Can someone tell me what the title "Gachibaka" means? :scratch:
Gachi means 'serious match/fight'(Short for 'Gachinko') or 'stubborn'.
So Gachibaka would mean "Stubborn idiot" or "Serious match addict".

Both makes sense in this series (Probably why they named this)... But I think it should be "Stubborn idiot" in this case 8)
Haha, ic, thanks for the explaination :thumright:

xsnowangelx

Post by xsnowangelx » Feb 1st, '06, 08:05

saffy wrote:hello hello... just wanted to let you know that I've finally managed to upload kioku's episode 01. Sorry for the delay to anyone who was waiting.

Kioku Episode 01 - http://down.clubbox.co.kr/absolutebaka/jxt06
thanks!!! ive been searchin for it on clubboxes! :salut:

Kembang

Post by Kembang » Feb 3rd, '06, 14:25

Well I liked the first ep..Tegoshi's character in the drama is so different then his real character,oh well it's really cool to see that he's capable of playing characters like that ^^..

One thing's for sure..that class is a real chaos(all those kids are spread all over school ),but I guess every class is kinda like that when there's no teacher or a teacher that can't handle the class..(or oh well,that kinda counts for my own classes I guess).

I'm now downloading ep.2 ,I'm really curious about it ^^..

Sujatmi

Post by Sujatmi » Feb 3rd, '06, 16:10

Kembang wrote:Well I liked the first ep..Tegoshi's character in the drama is so different then his real character,oh well it's really cool to see that he's capable of playing characters like that ^^..

One thing's for sure..that class is a real chaos(all those kids are spread all over school ),but I guess every class is kinda like that when there's no teacher or a teacher that can't handle the class..(or oh well,that kinda counts for my own classes I guess).

I'm now downloading ep.2 ,I'm really curious about it ^^..
I kinda have the same opinion =p!!!

Manoru has this personality what I normally find kinda ennoying,especially in the beginning,but after knowing why he acts that way,and knowing he's just one of these good boys going the wrong path,makes is character better =D!!!

Going to watch ep 2 hopefully today before Asianscreen(friday night here in NL they always show an Asian movie on MTV ;p.)

Heiji-sama

Post by Heiji-sama » Feb 4th, '06, 15:51

anyone know the name of the theme song and who sang it? (in first episode)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 4th, '06, 17:39

^ wikis are our friends.... :)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Gachi_Baka

EDIT: never mind... just went to the official site and noticed that there are 2 songs... ^_^;;;;
The opening is by AAA (or "Triple A" which stands for "Attack All Around", if I remember correctly) and is called "Hallelujah"

sleepycat13

Post by sleepycat13 » Feb 15th, '06, 22:51

soo...what epi is everyone on? i'm on epi 4...and i think the storyline's really picking up~~
I love sushi* in this drama~~

* i'm not talking about food, btw...haha, lots of ppl think i'm talking about the food and they tell me that they never ate sushi in gachibaka...haha
i'm talking about masSU + tegoSHI rabu rabu = sushi~

Asami Yuhka

Post by Asami Yuhka » Feb 16th, '06, 06:45

heheheh sushi rules :P
Tegoshi is my 2nd fav member from NewS :P
and i really like his chara! But why they only gave him few line of text? and always "aaa".....
he is soo cutie :P
i cant wait to see 5th ep :P

sleepycat13

Post by sleepycat13 » Feb 16th, '06, 22:09

lol, i like it when he says "aaa"~
he sounds so cute~~
thatz what makes him so cool~~ (and apparently popular on v-day~)

twixdawg

Post by twixdawg » Feb 17th, '06, 14:53

One of the most unoriginal shows this year. Just how many times are they going to remake the GTO/Gokusen storyline?

Rebellious kids
Devoted teacher
Stubborn old men
Some dramatic catalyst that united the studens with the teacher

lurenjia

Post by lurenjia » Feb 17th, '06, 15:13

currently at ep 4
it's quite touching
i like Massu
he's so cute
esp when he followed his bro down the stairs
forever so cute!!!

baoi

haha

Post by baoi » Feb 18th, '06, 01:46

about the only words that Tegoshi says is "Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!"
Haha, he's really kute at it, yep!

I am finished EP 3 just now.
I got to admit, it's quit addicting..

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Feb 18th, '06, 02:14

I'm enjoying this series, just DLed episode 05 and finished watching it. High school dramas are just so cute! :wub:

However, I think it's fair enough when people say that this drama lacks originality. Each episode tells a story about a different student, and the problem will be solved in that one episode (I've watched until ep05, and from the preview, ep 06 seems to have the same pattern). The teacher has a problematic background, so maybe we can tell what will happen in the last episodes (?)

The castings are fine, I guess... Except maybe for Inoue Waka (Who made me kinda doubt the quality of this drama at first :P )
Last edited by evosantin on Feb 18th, '06, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kembang

Post by Kembang » Feb 18th, '06, 10:23

well I still haven't seen ep 4 or 5 for that matter(since I gotta rely on English subs,damnit that preview of ep 4 looked so interesting so I really have a hard time waiting XD)

And about sushi..yeah I really love them in this drama too ^^(the fight between them in ep 2 was really cute aswell)..

sleepycat13

Post by sleepycat13 » Feb 18th, '06, 15:45

aww...the term "sushi" is spreading~~
me likes~~~
sushi rules~~~~

*lol...ok, think i just spammed.....*

oh ya, realized that there's another sound tegoshi makes most of the time other than "aaa", he goes "un" kindda too~ so cute so cute~~~

godmode

Post by godmode » Feb 18th, '06, 17:44

i hate and like this show.
i like watching it cause its funny to see attempts at trying to achieve GTO's success.
i hate it because its formulaic, and i cant really buy those baby-faced boyband kids as thugs

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 18th, '06, 23:57

Episode 3:
Juliet welcomes you, Romeo
Bwahahaha...hahaha...crossover between this season's other drama, YAOH which has a host club called Romeo...and their tagline: Romeo welcomes you, Juliet.

That's the only thing I found interesting in ep03...

saffy

Post by saffy » Mar 7th, '06, 15:09

I'm going to be really cheeky and bump this all the way the top! :P bwahahah...

Dou? How are people finding the series now that we're half way through? For me, I think I've really gotten into it already (and no I'm not being biased just because I'm fansubbing it!) ^_^ I mean yeah, the beginning was a little slow, but there are a lot of things that I find endearing now about the show. And because some of these things may be considered spoilers for people who haven't watched the series or all the current episodes... I'll tag it.
For one, I love the 4 guy friends (ok 5 if you include utsugi) coz they just make me laugh! ^_^!! Kaba-chan freaks me out... just a little :P Mikki and Hanako's luv luv is so smooshy and cute. Yappari... i still think tegoshi looks better in cheesy glitzy johnny's outfits than oversized bomber jackets HAHAHA XD There's still a little air of mystery surrounding the events of Gonta's past (like why he quick boxing and stuff). Sometimes I really wanna slap Kana-chan. I don't know whether she's evil, stuck up or just plain dense. But haha that'a kinda what I like about her. Saya-san (is it Saya??) should just hurry up and steal utsugi's heart away coz otherwise Kouta would be left all alone if Utsugi steals Kana-chan... but then I'm sure tina would happily keep Kouta company. There's still a chance they the script writers will hear my prayers and add in a really cheesy school festival scene and make Utsugi and Kouta sing duet <3<3
And when it comes to comparison with GTO and Gokusen... honestly... I don't think it matters. Every generation is gonna have their own versions of GTO and Gokusen coz like, that particular generation is gonna wanna see their favourite (and younger) idols doing a high school dorama. I mean Yoiko no Mikata even has the same formula (the wise old head teacher employs a rogue teacher to sort out the daily lives of one student per episode) but in Kindergarten form. Funny enough, there are cast members from both GTO and Gokusen in this. Ok i'll stop with the ranting now... coz yeah... dunno why I suddenly felt like stating my opinion on such things... well I don't do it often anyway! ^_^

and omg... did I just really rant more than I meant to. HAHAHA XD must be the weather...

Kembang

Post by Kembang » Mar 7th, '06, 21:06

@saffy,
Yeah I really love them aswell,first,I found them a bit weird running around and all,but now you've seen all the persons behind them and all,they're my fave group of the class ^^..(and it would be even better if Utsugi would join them)
Hmm imo Kana-chan acts a bit weird sometimes..I dunno but I think that it's better for her if she'll just hook up with Utsugi,because else she would kinda be 'playing' Kouta..
But I do like the fact her sport is ballet(I've been practicing that sport since I was 3 years old and I'm still practicing that,though in my class everyone just wears black trousers,not skirts like in Kana's class XD)
Oh I do hope the scriptwriters will hear your prayers =P!

sasarin

Post by sasarin » Mar 10th, '06, 20:04

I lovethis drama! it's so funny!!! i can't wait !!
I want the next to see!!

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Mar 11th, '06, 08:03

Um why did the RAW stopped??

ive been waiting for episode 7 last friday and i wasnt there until now ._.

sukichan

Post by sukichan » Mar 13th, '06, 17:08

I stopped watching gachibaka at ep3 . even though tegonyan was sooo adorable *swoons* in the drama , I cant stand the storyline n how its represented . the characters r quite boring IMHO . T_T and ... I dont like the main chara , the 'sensei' .. I dont want to rate , incase it gets better in the further eps , but now I think it only deserves a '2' . (that is if ur a Massu n Tego fan XD )

Sujatmi

Post by Sujatmi » Mar 20th, '06, 21:46

I kinda have the same opion about it as Kembang =D!!!

I really like Gachi Baka! a lot ^^!

Eto, I have a question, can people (who've seen ep 7 and 8) help me out?
In the end of ep 7 they showed something really confused but yet good(well okay, not that good, people can see why, but good because it makes the drama more drama ^^''.)..
BUT IT DIDN'T APPEAR IN EP 8!
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1355/wthwth9je.jpg
<REMEMBER, people who HAVEN'T seen ep 7 yet DON'T click, this can be a spoiler for you!!>

What's up with that x_X? Don't tell me they've cut that out T^T?!

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 21st, '06, 00:00

I watched ep 02 first and though I would just watch it, not keep it, then I'd watched 1 and 3 and became an addict, these are funny, not as comedy as Gokusen 2, but I like them, maybe they're more melodrama, less funny situations and more serial matters, less fantasy (Gokusen has a lot of fantasy into the fights Yankumi has), but the plot is really well done, the story that's going slowly through the episodes... and the stories that just fill one episode, are all good.

saffy

Post by saffy » Mar 22nd, '06, 13:33

Sujatmi wrote: Don't tell me they've cut that out T^T?!
seems like they have because it doesn't appear in episode 9 either >_<;; but they *ahem* added in something else for the utsugixkana fans :P

PrettyBoyAddict

Post by PrettyBoyAddict » Apr 1st, '06, 06:36

I have watched 9 episodes now... uh-huh.. I can't believe there's only one left! I really like this drama.. heh, must be because there's Massu.. (my number one idol). I hope he will go act some other drama now. ^^

Argh... I can't wait till Kioku subbs final episode! >______<

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Apr 1st, '06, 12:28

PrettyBoyAddict wrote:I have watched 9 episodes now... uh-huh.. I can't believe there's only one left! I really like this drama.. heh, must be because there's Massu.. (my number one idol). I hope he will go act some other drama now. ^^

Argh... I can't wait till Kioku subbs final episode! >______<
gomen that we are so late with our final episode
Half of our timing team has comp problems =.="
me and our QCer had exams too
so everything was pushed back
gomen

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 9th, '06, 17:08

just watch this drama till ep-7 just know..!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
really like this drama.... :lol :lol
don know why the rating are so low... :unsure: :unsure: but this drama definitely not bad :thumright: :thumright:
althought some part of tis drama are quit boring lol :P :P
cannot wait to watch the nest episode... :lol :lol but still in the downloading process :-( :-(
:mrgreen:

babiie mee

Post by babiie mee » Apr 23rd, '06, 06:31

ahahaha i like this drama cos hehe tegoshi n masuda is in irt ^__^ hehehe esp. tegoshi hes sooo kawaii

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Apr 28th, '06, 23:27

Argh I'm still only up to ep 7... gosh I'm so behind.
But so far I hate Saya, she's so the "older woman" stereotype. And she's TALLER than Utsugi!! They look weird together o_O.
But I still want Utsugi to end up with someone... but I want Kouta and Kana together as well!! ARGH!

Jyangel

Post by Jyangel » Aug 17th, '06, 11:19

I just finsih watching Gachi Baka. Is ok but to much like GTO and Gokusen and the part between the two NEWS member kinda remind of of NwB somehow........And i dont like that girl (Kurokawa Tomoka) she annoey me. I just cant stand look at her......... C'mon Yuya and Masuda you guy can find a better looking girl i mean super pretty!!!! Even though her age is younger than they but she look older than they by 4 or 5 yr coz Yuya and Masuda have sure a cute face hahaha so cute!!!!! Is will be better is dont have her part than Gachi Baka will be great ahahaha anyway that was i think lol......

Linh[hyd=3]

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » May 4th, '07, 20:19

i finish watching it 2weeks ago. Good drama, love the two news member, very cute. but it was a little boring sometimes.

Heartbreak

Post by Heartbreak » Jul 10th, '07, 08:33

Good drama. Funny and sad >.>

The teacher and the students are all so compliced lol

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Nov 5th, '09, 08:53

question:
did utsugi graduate in the end...? why was he at sensei's match already before the graduation ceremony ended?

i liked the drama but it's not like a WOAH MUST WATCH drama.. although i don't really like gokusen/gto drama formats so i'm a bit biased... (although gto IS really funny! hahaa neways..)
i liked the news members most hehee :3