10%
Only if you have time (2)
6%
STAY AWAY (1)
3%

Total votes: 106

TG3

Post by TG3 » Feb 10th, '06, 02:22

Yeah, Ep 5 was another crazy one! I've never seen a drama where the lead characters mentally/emotionally hurt each other so much. All the crimes, sin, and guilt just keep on piling up and piling up it's almost mindblowing. :O

Like I said before, it's horrible but you can't help but be entranced by it! BTW, this is one movie I could NOT recommend to everyone, like anyone young. The themes are far too mature and adult oriented.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 10th, '06, 05:40

In a bizarre way, I sympathize with Yukiho in episode 5.

She knows she is wrong, and yet she can't help herself. So she'll do what's necessary to get the deed done.

But then after getting it done, she feels remorse. So she hurts those around her to distance them from her, so that she won't involve them in the future. But that just causes more pain for herself, sigh.

And poor Ryoji, he's just not fully mature yet, also in pain and in love and can't help but be tossed around by all this stuff.

It's just so painful.

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 11th, '06, 21:09

whew, after watching ep 5, i seriously think yukiho needs to have some mental counselling... . She had too much childhood trauma... :-(
Very painful for both of them... Ryoji just keeps sinking into darkness because of her...

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Feb 11th, '06, 21:12

I watched the first episode without the subs and DAMN...so dramatic. The first scene was CRAZY! Then as you watch more, it's like "damn, u guys go back that far and u walked away like that?" heheh.

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 11th, '06, 22:56

vtx wrote:whew, after watching ep 5, i seriously think yukiho needs to have some mental counselling... . She had too much childhood trauma... :-(
Very painful for both of them... Ryoji just keeps sinking into darkness because of her...
So does Detective Sasagaki, he just wants to give her the counseling inside prison :D

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 12th, '06, 04:51

wow, just found out there's a sequel(??) to the byakuyakou novel called gennya (幻夜). It's about what happens to yukiho after that... The website below states it could be a sequel although they are two different chars in both novels,there are similarities in both the heroines. It also speculates maybe yukiho who changed her name and went for facial surgery?! Anyone read both the novels before? Please spoil me! :D

Gennya is Byakuyakou's sequel? (in japanese)
http://from1985.pekori.to/keigotaku/bya ... u_gen.html

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 12th, '06, 20:09

Ahhhhhh my head is spinning after ep5!
There's no Chinese subs out for Ep5 yet, even so my Chinese isn't good enough to decipher much anyhow. I went on to skim around Ep5 ..
Why did Yukiho have Ryouji kill her friend from school? :( How the hell did Matsuura get in touch with Yukiho? How did he get a hold of the pictures that Ryouji's father took of Yukiho?? Omgggg I'm so bugged she slept with him...

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 12th, '06, 20:25

vtx wrote:wow, just found out there's a sequel(??) to the byakuyakou novel called gennya (幻夜). It's about what happens to yukiho after that... The website below states it could be a sequel although they are two different chars in both novels,there are similarities in both the heroines. It also speculates maybe yukiho who changed her name and went for facial surgery?! Anyone read both the novels before? Please spoil me! :D

Gennya is Byakuyakou's sequel? (in japanese)
http://from1985.pekori.to/keigotaku/bya ... u_gen.html
Actually the author, Higashino Keigo, says that he didn't want it to be a sequel. But he made it so that those who read both can argue among themselves whether Genya is a sequel or not.

So the answer is, yes it can be a sequel, especially since there is various evidence to make you think that Yukiho assumes the identity of another person after the Kobe earthquake. But it can also be a standalone, where someone else assumes the identity of the said person after the earthquake. It's not made clear.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Feb 12th, '06, 21:20

I don't know if it's in eps 4 or 5 but it sounds so touching when Ryoji said "If yukiho is not happy then my death had no meaning". Can't wait to see eps 6. This drama is so twisted.

spacexoddity

Post by spacexoddity » Feb 12th, '06, 23:06

Just finished watching episode 1 (thanks SARS!) and all I can say is "wow". The children actors did a really great job.

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 12th, '06, 23:12

suparstarx wrote:Ahhhhhh my head is spinning after ep5!
There's no Chinese subs out for Ep5 yet, even so my Chinese isn't good enough to decipher much anyhow. I went on to skim around Ep5 ..
Why did Yukiho have Ryouji kill her friend from school? :( How the hell did Matsuura get in touch with Yukiho? How did he get a hold of the pictures that Ryouji's father took of Yukiho?? Omgggg I'm so bugged she slept with him...
There are Chinese subs out for Episode 5, both TVBT and Subpig release their subs within 24 hours after the airing in Japan.

http://www.tvbt.com.cn/

For the spoilers:
Yukiho basically wants to kill her friend because she's jealous. She wants to destroy anyone who comes from a good family and enjoys the good life even though they don't realize they're spoiled. Matsuura always plays the sinister character, he carried on with Ryouji's Mom and is much more perceptive than she or the father was, so I guess he could have easily figured out the father's perverse "hobby" and got the pictures after he died.
Yukiho didn't "sleep" with Matsuura. She had it all planned, cried right when she got into bed with Matsuura which turned him off and he left, knowing that Ryouji would be waiting outside as he did...

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 12th, '06, 23:31

Possible you can link the thread where they put up subtitles? My Chinese is horrible.

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 12th, '06, 23:42

suparstarx wrote:Possible you can link the thread where they put up subtitles? My Chinese is horrible.
Ummm...
If your Chinese is so horrible, wouldn't downloading the drama with Chinese subtitles be worthless for you?

:roll

They're not soft-subs, they're in RMVB (PRC is not big on softsubs and neither am I). So you'll need to grab the whole file. They're in Traditional Chinese although some of the characters are in Simplified (due to typing errors, I think).

http://www.tvbt.com.cn/viewthread.php?t ... a=page%3D1

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 13th, '06, 00:19

seneschal wrote:
suparstarx wrote:Possible you can link the thread where they put up subtitles? My Chinese is horrible.
Ummm...
If your Chinese is so horrible, wouldn't downloading the drama with Chinese subtitles be worthless for you?

They're not soft-subs, they're in RMVB (PRC is not big on softsubs and neither am I). So you'll need to grab the whole file. They're in Traditional Chinese although some of the characters are in Simplified (due to typing errors, I think).

I can make out a few words, it's better than guessing the situation without any subtitles.

Demiwing

Post by Demiwing » Feb 13th, '06, 02:28

suparstarx wrote:
seneschal wrote:
Ummm...

I can make out a few words, it's better than guessing the situation without any subtitles.
That's exactly like me..omg..lol

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 13th, '06, 06:30

Demiwing wrote:
I can make out a few words, it's better than guessing the situation without any subtitles.[/quote]
That's exactly like me..omg..lol[/quote]

I think this will be a tough dorama for you guys to figure out with the language issue...

Even a native Japanese speaker/listener would have a hard time getting all the plot development. The series moves the plot along too fast and assume the viewer's understanding of what's going on.

seneschal

1280 X 720 Byakuyakou

Post by seneschal » Feb 13th, '06, 06:39

Does anyone know where we can find the 1280 x 720 version of the AVI on Bittorrent?
I saw on the Chinese sites that it's available on emule, but it takes forever to download it (queue was 40 long but not moving).

I'd like to see how well it shows on my plasma HDTV.

magnet:?xt=urn:ed2khash:dab02e9e4c8d638bd4620e479157a055&dn=%5B%E7%99%BD%E5%A4%9C%E8%A1%8C%5D%5BByakuyakou%5D%5B1280x720%5D%5BDivX%5D%5B01%5D.avi

canon05

Post by canon05 » Feb 13th, '06, 07:21

First off - Thanks SARS for translating this series.

Just watched the ep 1. It's really sad from the beginning to the end. Couldn't believe the children could think that way at the age.

:thumright: for their acting (both children and adults).

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 14th, '06, 03:02

seneschal wrote:
For the spoilers:
Yukiho basically wants to kill her friend because she's jealous. She wants to destroy anyone who comes from a good family and enjoys the good life even though they don't realize they're spoiled. Matsuura always plays the sinister character, he carried on with Ryouji's Mom and is much more perceptive than she or the father was, so I guess he could have easily figured out the father's perverse "hobby" and got the pictures after he died.
Yukiho didn't "sleep" with Matsuura. She had it all planned, cried right when she got into bed with Matsuura which turned him off and he left, knowing that Ryouji would be waiting outside as he did...
Hmm...correct me if im wrong but...
Did Yukiho really had Eriko killed? I believed Ryoji just drugged her and took nude pics and sent to Shinozuka, same as what they did to Fujimura, the high school girl who always bullied Yukiho. :roll

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 14th, '06, 04:02

Yup, she's not dead.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 14th, '06, 04:43

gah... i feel so out of it...
now i'm 2 eps behind... ;_;

Hirococo

Post by Hirococo » Feb 14th, '06, 10:01

Prince of Moles wrote:Yup, she's not dead.
Ummm...this could've been a potential spoiler for people...

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 14th, '06, 13:19

Hirococo wrote:
Prince of Moles wrote:Yup, she's not dead.
Ummm...this could've been a potential spoiler for people...
No it's not. It's in plain sight. There was a misinterpretation earlier.

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 14th, '06, 15:58

Prince of Moles wrote:
Actually the author, Higashino Keigo, says that he didn't want it to be a sequel. But he made it so that those who read both can argue among themselves whether Genya is a sequel or not.

So the answer is, yes it can be a sequel, especially since there is various evidence to make you think that Yukiho assumes the identity of another person after the Kobe earthquake. But it can also be a standalone, where someone else assumes the identity of the said person after the earthquake. It's not made clear.
Wow, that's interesting... thanks! Wish i knew Japanese well enough to read those novels... very intriguing so far. I also read somewhere the author was initially reluctant and had to be persuaded several times before he allowed Byakuyakou to be dramatized. Guess we not seeing Genya not anytime soon too :roll

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 15th, '06, 07:32

vtx wrote:
Prince of Moles wrote:

Wow, that's interesting... thanks! Wish i knew Japanese well enough to read those novels... very intriguing so far. I also read somewhere the author was initially reluctant and had to be persuaded several times before he allowed Byakuyakou to be dramatized. Guess we not seeing Genya not anytime soon too :roll
Kinda reminds me of In The Mood For Love and 2046, where both stories involved characters with the same names but they weren't the same exact people in both stories.

airskape

Post by airskape » Feb 15th, '06, 10:32

just watched ep 1. seems like a very promising series
one criticism though..why did they show how it was going to end right at the start? god i hate that..it was the same with sekai no chuushin de -_-

ChibiSess777

Post by ChibiSess777 » Feb 15th, '06, 11:08

I just watched the first episode the other day. I pretty much loved it. I ended up crying most of the time. :cry: This is the best drama I've seen yet

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 15th, '06, 18:15

yea i just finished watching ep5
yukiho is really evil, but i guess it is out of anger/envy... i pity her,,, but i guess she isn't that bad right now... she lives in a decent place now.. probably consider well off,,, i think she really should appreciate what ryo is doing for her and be happy and just keep a low profile... all this killing and nake pictures taking wil screw them both even more.... yea i hope ryo yells so sense back in to yukiho

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Feb 16th, '06, 00:56

I can't wait for episode 2! Those damn Korean soft-subs are hard to resist! :D

tarobz

Post by tarobz » Feb 16th, '06, 10:32

what's goin on here? can someone spoil me from ep 2 onward? i cannt wait for sars sub anymore... pls pls pls T_T

auroragb

Re: 1280 X 720 Byakuyakou

Post by auroragb » Feb 16th, '06, 15:08

seneschal wrote:Does anyone know where we can find the 1280 x 720 version of the AVI on Bittorrent?
I saw on the Chinese sites that it's available on emule, but it takes forever to download it (queue was 40 long but not moving).

I'd like to see how well it shows on my plasma HDTV.
Am I :alcoholic: and totally misunderstanding the questions?

The 1280x720 version can be easily found here at d-addicts every week about 3 days after airing...

This version also includes Chinese softsubs, so it's my fave version :wub:

Tho I don't know where the guy get it from tho
Also, you can go to my post to find all the sub threads for all the jdramas series of this season ... it's pretty up to date

kinki

Post by kinki » Feb 16th, '06, 19:58

i finally found time to watch this and all i can say is "WOW" i cant believe i kept it waiting long.
the kids acting was great!

rubychan

Post by rubychan » Feb 17th, '06, 00:07

Dont know if this is already posted or not but..
Yamada's Hidden Child
Popular actor Yamada Takayuki (photo, 22) is the father of an illegitimate child, it was revealed this week. The star of the current TBS drama "Byaku Yakou" and the 2003 Fuji TV hit "Waterboys" became a father last October. The 22-year-old mother of the "kakushigo" (hidden child) is said to be raising the baby at her family home. Yamada is providing full financial support for the child.

oh my gosh, so shocking, I'm not really a fan of Yamada but his idol image in me really collapses :cry: . Wonder if this will affect his career, but I do hope he does sth about this. Just imagine how the child would grow up knowing he's an illegitimate child :-(

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 17th, '06, 03:20

I don't really care about this topic (on Yamada's child), but he has acknowledged the child, so the baby won't be an illegitimate child. Apparently him and the mother are friendly and he is paying full alimony.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 17th, '06, 03:24

^ I agree... let's try to keep the discussion here on the series...
Besides, there's a whole thread that's been started for that topic already:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29217

And when things quiet down eventually, I'll probably merge that into his Fan thread....

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 17th, '06, 04:29

Oh man, I just finished watching ep 6.

Crime and sin overlayed on crime and sin. They just keep sinking deeper and deeper, it's just too brutal.

It's not that it's always daylight. "The Night" has been taken away from them.

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 17th, '06, 07:15

auroragb wrote:The 1280x720 version can be easily found here at d-addicts every week about 3 days after airing...

This version also includes Chinese softsubs, so it's my fave version :wub:

Tho I don't know where the guy get it from tho
Also, you can go to my post to find all the sub threads for all the jdramas series of this season ... it's pretty up to date
Thanks! I had the "raw" filtered out of my Torrent screen so I didn't see it!
Thanks for the pointer!

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 17th, '06, 13:23

Prince of Moles wrote:Oh man, I just finished watching ep 6.

Crime and sin overlayed on crime and sin. They just keep sinking deeper and deeper, it's just too brutal.

It's not that it's always daylight. "The Night" has been taken away from them.
It's just going downhill from ep 1 :D
Gonna watch ep 6 now... Hoping for more shocking revelations. :mrgreen:

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Feb 18th, '06, 03:53

Wah, a 30 second commercial for this drama has a pricetag of $224,119 US Dollars.
It is 3rd highest this season behind Rondo and Saiyuuki.

1. Saiyuuki $269,000 US Dollars
2. Rondo $233,000 US Dollars
3. Byakuyakou $224,000 US Dollars

figures in Taiwan Dollars
[img]http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/1301/gn09018ba.jpg[/img]

Source: Taiwan Appledaily
Last edited by Y_T on Feb 19th, '06, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

aya_ayase

Post by aya_ayase » Feb 18th, '06, 11:10

For me, episode 2,3 is a torture because I don't understand a single bit of what the drama is talking about... But luckily in episode 4, I caught up with the plot though there were some parts which I still did not understand... Like where on earth or who on earth was Matsuura? LOL.

Episode 5 was nice, and Yukiho was so wicked! I pitied Ryouji too..
In the end, I forgave Yukiho because during the last few minutes of the drama, she said "gomen ne ryo"...

Episode 6 was also sad, because of the words Matsuura said to Ryouji kills him and the night with traces of sun... And the part when Ryouji shows Yukiho the film, and realised that Ryouji killed Matsuura and said, "I was the one who killed him"... Yamada Takayuki's acting is SO impressive!

Can anyone tell me in episode 6, what was Ryouji telling his friend on the phone such that when the police officer came, his friend told him that there was another person - Ryo living with him????

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 18th, '06, 15:34

Ryoji tells his friend to do exactly as he says.

Which must have been to clean out the apartment they were renting, and to leave the cops a hint that Ryoji was still alive.

Since I haven't read the book I don't know what will happen from this point onwards (except that Ryoji will die, as depicted in ep 1), but my guess is that Ryoji is doing this to confuse the cops.
Last edited by Prince of Moles on Feb 18th, '06, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 18th, '06, 18:15

Prince of Moles wrote:Ryojo tells his friend to do exactly as he says.

Which must have been to clean out the apartment they were renting, and to leave the cops a hint that Ryoji was still alive.

Since I haven't read the book I don't know what will happen from this point onwards (except that Ryoji will die, as depicted in ep 1), but my guess is that Ryoji is doing this to confuse the cops.
Hmm,and i thought Ryoji just told him he will be acting alone from now on... Im gonna download the chinese sub soon to understand more... :scratch:

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 18th, '06, 23:45

auroragb wrote:The 1280x720 version can be easily found here at d-addicts every week about 3 days after airing...
Hi, I downloaded the 1280x720 versions. I couldn't really tell the difference from the RMVB non-HD versions?!?
My plasma is 1024 X 768 so maybe it got scaled down, but I guess a lot of it is due to the ditherization that occurs during fast-moving scenes with divx 5.1...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 19th, '06, 02:43

seneschal wrote:
Hi, I downloaded the 1280x720 versions. I couldn't really tell the difference from the RMVB non-HD versions?!?
My plasma is 1024 X 768 so maybe it got scaled down, but I guess a lot of it is due to the ditherization that occurs during fast-moving scenes with divx 5.1...
I watch on a 1280x1024 monitor. So, when the 704x396 version is scaled, I can see artifacts even on slow frames (tho it's still pretty good). But, in the 1280 version, it's very sharp. If you are using media player classic , maybe you can try use the 'video frame'-> 'normal size option on the 1280 and double size on the 704 version and see what it looks like.

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 19th, '06, 04:10

Ok, understood better with the chinese subs for ep 6. Damn my japanese listening is really that bad :P

Here's my speculations from the episode 7 review :P
Yukiho's somehow gonna use the sleep medication she got from shinozuka to drug her sempai, making him believe he got her drunk and slept with her. Hence he has to marry her. :blink As for why Ryoji told Tomo to leave the police clues that he is alive, it's probably to direct all suspicions to him rather than Yukiho, so as not to implicate her in any way. :scratch:

seneschal

Post by seneschal » Feb 19th, '06, 06:39

vtx wrote:
Yukiho's somehow gonna use the sleep medication she got from shinozuka to drug her sempai, making him believe he got her drunk and slept with her. Hence he has to marry her. :blink As for why Ryoji told Tomo to leave the police clues that he is alive, it's probably to direct all suspicions to him rather than Yukiho, so as not to implicate her in any way. :scratch:
Huh? I thought it showed her using the sleep medication on her adopted mother, not the sempai? Remember when she had the problem with the ikebana cuts on her wrists, she was in the kitchen drinking that liquor. Then we see Yukiho experimenting putting the sleeping pills in the liquor to see if it could be tasted. So I thought she was going to drug or kill her adopted mother?

hchan

Post by hchan » Feb 19th, '06, 17:39

Yukiho put the sleeping pill into the liquor because she wants to drug Matsuura and kill him while he's slept. She want to make sure the pill won't affect the liquor's taste.

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 20th, '06, 08:19

hchan wrote:
Yukiho put the sleeping pill into the liquor because she wants to drug Matsuura and kill him while he's slept. She want to make sure the pill won't affect the liquor's taste.
Hmm, that's true, rewatched again and she called shinozuka straight after matsura met up with her.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Feb 20th, '06, 19:07

Yes, it's correct she tried to kill Matsuura, because she does a reprise of the same line she said after Ryoji killed he's dad. "I always wanted him to do, so the one that killed him was me."
I've kind of given up trying to "judge" the characters. This series is just too interesting. I can't help but watch! :O

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 24th, '06, 09:06

Ahhhhh! The life of a Jdorama addict without being able to comprehend the dialogue in non-subtitled videos...........
What was the dialogue between the detective and Yukiho in the interrogation room? :( he slapped her for smiling at somethingafter crying.

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 24th, '06, 09:15

Also curious if anybody had read the novel for Byaku Yakou... how much of the novel has been fit into the drama series and what's left out of it?

hchan

Post by hchan » Feb 25th, '06, 20:54

suparstarx wrote:Ahhhhh! The life of a Jdorama addict without being able to comprehend the dialogue in non-subtitled videos...........
What was the dialogue between the detective and Yukiho in the interrogation room? :( he slapped her for smiling at somethingafter crying.
Sasagaki pointed out that many people witnessed she and Matsuura hanging out in the snack shop as well as the hotel, hence Matsuura and Yukiho must have some kind of relationship. Yukiho said "I don't know" and Sasagaki slammed on the table saying "Don't lie about your past!".

Yukiho then told Sasagaki she's being threatened by Matsuura all the time: "I'll tell everyone your real mother is a killer!", Matsuura said. Hence trying to take money from her, going to hotel with her. "Your blood is full of filth, even if you look like a girl next door to everyone, it won't take long to find out your true self, so just take off your clothes!", Matsuura said. "Sometimes there is another guy with Matsuura, probably that is Kirihara Ryouji? Both of them trying to threaten me, in fact Matsuura just called me to saying nothing to the police", said Yukiho with tears on her face.

That of course left Sasagaki puzzled. Yukiho finally said "Please arrest Matsuura and Kirihara Ryouji", with a smile on her face. Sasagaki recalled the scene when Yukiho laughed after knowing her real mother was dead, then slapped her because he realizes she is lying.

hchan

Post by hchan » Feb 25th, '06, 21:08

suparstarx wrote:Also curious if anybody had read the novel for Byaku Yakou... how much of the novel has been fit into the drama series and what's left out of it?
The drama and the novel are describing the events happening between Ryou and Yukiho from different angles: The events happened in the novel are written from a 3rd party's perspective: there were hardly any dialogues between Ryou and Yukiho, except they always seemed to be involved in the events. The events in the drama are played from Ryou and Yukiho's angle (mostly Ryou's).

Most of the events in the drama happened in the novel:
1. Ryou's dad was stabbed, Yukiho's mom was killed by gas
2. Yukiho's bully Fujimura in high school was raped, followed by her friend Eriko when Eriko was dating with Shinozuka
3. Ryou had sex with the dead woman to cover up for Tomohiko
4. Using fake credit cards to draw millions of yen.
5. Yukiho married with Takamiya and opening a boutique in Aoyama

Some events like the dialogues between Ryou and Yukiho in the chapel didn't happen in the novel for reasons above, and whether Matsuura is killed by Ryouji is also not in the novel, plus a few minor events.

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 26th, '06, 10:06

:(

by any chance.. would there be some translations on the net for the novel? :x

vtx

Post by vtx » Feb 26th, '06, 15:16

Great episode as usual.
Just interesting to know if...
Is yukiho really pregnant? Or she's just faking the pregnancy test results? :roll

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 6th, '06, 02:45

I'm kind of slow. I just watched episode 5 and the show turned out to be one of my favourites. I stopped watching when SARS announced they were doing the hardsubs which was when ep 3 came out I think. However as I was too impatient I threw yet another look into the third episode and I got so totally hooked. Honestly, I thought Takayuki was a marvelous actor before (especially in Sekachu and Dragon Head) but this time he made me go absolutely nuts about him. I wonder, is it the role that makes him so hot or is it simply because he's grown up? Gee, I feel like giving Yukiho a good punch when I see how she treats a gorgeous man like him! Anyways, I'm in the middle of downloading the other 3 episodes that are out.
Please hurry SARS, as I understand only like 50 % of the dialogues which can be FRUSTRATING when you see the characters' shocked expressions and you don't have the slightest clue what scared them like that. *sigh*
Oh, I gotta go to bed already. Just felt like throwing in my two cents worth.
Yah, neways... Cheerio.

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 6th, '06, 07:31

I thought Yukiho used the drug to trick her hubby that he beat her
I have a brilliant idea, somebody fansub the novel. [/sarcasm]

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 6th, '06, 07:33

vtx wrote:Great episode as usual.
Just interesting to know if...
Is yukiho really pregnant? Or she's just faking the pregnancy test results? :roll
Faked. That's why she went to abortion alone. Also why she does NOT want to go see the doctor with the hubby about their impotence. She is probably on pills or something.

vtx

Post by vtx » Mar 6th, '06, 16:35

bran wrote:
Faked. That's why she went to abortion alone. Also why she does NOT want to go see the doctor with the hubby about their impotence. She is probably on pills or something.
Ah all made sense now in episode 8. The real sun will never forgive them tho :< Perhaps K.S was their downfall...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 6th, '06, 20:46

Can some kind soul tell me what Ryou is saying to Yuki at the phone in ep 7 (around 3:30)?
Sounds like the same he told the other guy at the end of the previous episode but I just don't get the words.

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 6th, '06, 22:35

Kathleen wrote:Can some kind soul tell me what Ryou is saying to Yuki at the phone in ep 7 (around 3:30)?
Sounds like the same he told the other guy at the end of the previous episode but I just don't get the words.
He just told her to immediately do what he tells her. The actual content is left for you to figure out

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 6th, '06, 23:15

bran wrote: He just told her to immediately do what he tells her. The actual content is left for you to figure out
That's odd... What's with the music and her expression then? Also her reaction ("Yada. Sore dake wa zettai ni") doesn't really fit to simply being told to do just "something" (that's if he doesn't explain what he means by "something") for him. :scratch: Maybe you looked up another scene? I'm speaking about his first line when he calls her and right after she asks: "Daijoubu? Ima doko?" He says something like: "Ima [...] kure"

bran
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bran » Mar 7th, '06, 02:16

he said

ima kara iu douri shite kure
from now, do what I say

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 7th, '06, 02:33

Thanks, thanks, thank!
I'm still confused, but thanks! :D

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jho » Mar 7th, '06, 20:45

*sigh* i really want to watch more.. >________<" lol at this rate im gonna finish all of the spring dramas before this one TT_____TT i know im being impatient and w/e, but.. =/ i wish i knew more japanese so i could help sub this ><

hchan

Post by hchan » Mar 7th, '06, 21:13

Kathleen wrote:Thanks, thanks, thank!
I'm still confused, but thanks! :D
What Ryou said was detailed in a middle of the episode...
He said "When the police comes, tell them that you have been threatened by Matsuura and me because of the past event (her mother was the killer). Let them know you (Yukiho) are the victim and I am the culprit. The rest of the story you should be able to fill in the blanks right?"

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 7th, '06, 21:36

jho wrote:*sigh* i really want to watch more.. >________<" lol at this rate im gonna finish all of the spring dramas before this one TT_____TT i know im being impatient and w/e, but.. =/ i wish i knew more japanese so i could help sub this ><
If you can read chinese then you can get the c-sub :)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 7th, '06, 23:13

What Ryou said was detailed in a middle of the episode...
He said "When the police comes, tell them that you have been threatened by Matsuura and me because of the past event (her mother was the killer). Let them know you (Yukiho) are the victim and I am the culprit. The rest of the story you should be able to fill in the blanks right?"
U-huh!! So it was all clarified later on. Now that helped me understanding the whole thing. Thanks big time!

I've gotta admit I still need to improve my Japanese a lot. When Hanadan came out I was so proud I could watch the raws without depending on the subs really. But now with Byakuyakou there are so many things that I don't get no matter how often I rewatch the episodes. Still, I can't wait to watch ep 09. I think I never got hooked to a drama like that. Though I LOVED Sekachu and I really enjoyed Ichi rittoru no namida, it wasn't like I was DYING to watch the next episode. SARS... I hate to be pushy, but please... pretty please... save a poor girl's life. Hurry... :unsure:

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Mar 8th, '06, 03:47

Kathleen wrote: Though I LOVED Sekachu and I really enjoyed Ichi rittoru no namida, it wasn't like I was DYING to watch the next episode. SARS... I hate to be pushy, but please... pretty please... save a poor girl's life. Hurry... :unsure:
haha wow I thought I was addicted

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 8th, '06, 10:11

suparstarx wrote:haha wow I thought I was addicted
Actually I wouldn't exactly call myself a "d-addict". But I admit I'm kind of addicted to Byakuyakou. :P
It's scary how I see myself in both Ryouji and Yukiho. Of course I wouldn't go as far as to killing someone but I do understand why things have come to the point as to killing their parents. Hope that doesn't make me a bad person. I'm just thinking of the two of them who are so messed up thanks to their sad childhood. Then again we might discuss if their parents hadn't had a sad childhood like that too which made them do all those things... Maybe this is the reason why the drama is fairly unpopular. You probably need to have some kind of sad childhood experience or to deal with such things in order to understand the characters. For any other they might look plain evil.
Hmm... I think I never watched a drama that made me think as much like that.

Edit: Whoops, I just noticed you might conclude something weird from what I wrote earlier. It's not like I was abused or anything when I was a kid. Only like to many of us some sad things happened in my life too. By far nothing as tragic as in Byakuyakou but still. Well... *coughs* :offtopic: I just felt the need to clarify that.

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Mar 9th, '06, 00:14

Kathleen wrote:
suparstarx wrote:haha wow I thought I was addicted
Actually I wouldn't exactly call myself a "d-addict". But I admit I'm kind of addicted to Byakuyakou. :P
It's scary how I see myself in both Ryouji and Yukiho. Of course I wouldn't go as far as to killing someone but I do understand why things have come to the point as to killing their parents. Hope that doesn't make me a bad person. I'm just thinking of the two of them who are so messed up thanks to their sad childhood. Then again we might discuss if their parents hadn't had a sad childhood like that too which made them do all those things... Maybe this is the reason why the drama is fairly unpopular. You probably need to have some kind of sad childhood experience or to deal with such things in order to understand the characters. For any other they might look plain evil.
Hmm... I think I never watched a drama that made me think as much like that.

Edit: Whoops, I just noticed you might conclude something weird from what I wrote earlier. It's not like I was abused or anything when I was a kid. Only like to many of us some sad things happened in my life too. By far nothing as tragic as in Byakuyakou but still. Well... *coughs* :offtopic: I just felt the need to clarify that.
Yeah that's what I meant. I'm not totally addicted to watching a lot of dramas. But Byakuyakou's got this attraction to it cuz I see myself in there sometimes relating to some of the emotions. The story is also appealing to me cuz it's not similar to that many others outthere at the moment.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 10th, '06, 21:44

suparstarx wrote:Byakuyakou's got this attraction to it cuz I see myself in there sometimes relating to some of the emotions.
Bleh, as for relating to the two of them, after watching ep 09 I think I kind of changed my mind.
If the old lady dies then I agree, they ARE evil. Only to think of harming her is cruel enough. So they had a terribly sad childhood, there's a limit of actions to cope with your past. (Touching scene when Sasagaki tells Shinosuka about it, though.)

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Mar 11th, '06, 08:09

Heh, well I mean the feelings they have for each other. Don't really mean their childhood or their cruel intentions.

Confused!
What did Yukiho's foster mother discover in the garden? What did she discover about Yukiho?!

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Mar 11th, '06, 20:09

suparstarx wrote:Heh, well I mean the feelings they have for each other. Don't really mean their childhood or their cruel intentions.

Confused!
What did Yukiho's foster mother discover in the garden? What did she discover about Yukiho?!
I only know that she discovered that Yukiho killed her mother. What I still wonder is what object did she discover in the garden. I believe I heard "white flower" but I don't understand what that came from.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mar 11th, '06, 20:44

shirahime wrote: I only know that she discovered that Yukiho killed her mother. What I still wonder is what object did she discover in the garden. I believe I heard "white flower" but I don't understand what that came from.
Good question. I was actually wondering the same. Thought it was just me.
It can't be bones, right? Unless Yuki killed some others besides of those we've seen. Gotta rewatch the episode when Yuki first planted the cactus. Maybe they said something in that episode? Now if I'd only remember which episode that was. Heh...
Anyways, I think the old lady was referring to the framed paper sun at Yuki's wall, wasn't she?
Last edited by Kathleen on Mar 11th, '06, 21:53, edited 2 times in total.