[Discussion] Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bshater

[Discussion] Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu

Post by bshater » Mar 3rd, '06, 15:47

does anyone know if this drama is worth watching? i've seen the movie, and its great. so i was hoping this one would be good too.

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Mar 15th, '06, 08:19

I personally liked it, but honestly, I liked the movie version more. I am not sure how closely it follows the novel version, but the dorama version goes into more of the side story. The feel is a little different, it has more of the jdorama slick production style that the movie did not have. You could say that some of the episodes are corny, and the final episode did not have the impact that the movie had (if you saw the movie, you know what I mean). On the other hand, I think Mimura, who played the role of Mio did a excellent job, I feel that it is worth watching the dorama version just to see how Mimura portrayed Mio.

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Mar 17th, '06, 23:18

i personally liked both the movie and the drama.... granted i watched the movie when i was halfway done with the drama... the ending loses impact when you already know what's going to happen, but it's still rather sweet. i don't know who among my friends i'd usually recommend this movie/series to, as it really isn't as exciting or as extremely dramatic as the other shows. it's more on the mellow side... but i love it for the simple love that goes through the series. i do love mio and the kindergarten teacher in the series more.. and the best friend's discovery, as well. i say it's worth watching....

i want a copy of the book. XD i hear that the movie box comes with the movie version of the children's book.. and that the tv drama set comes with its own version, too.... *____________* of course, i'd never want to read that book to my future kids, it'd be too depressing. XD

babo_ck

Post by babo_ck » Jun 17th, '06, 02:20

does anyone know where i can find the movie?

kvertand

Post by kvertand » Jun 17th, '06, 03:06

I actually prefer the drama, partly because I watched it first. Also, there's only so much you can do in a two-hour film, whereas a drama series gives a lot more breathing room to develop the story. Even though the drama felt dragged out at some parts, it just seemed more coherent in the end. The film kind of skimmed over certain plot points that I thought were important...Well, just my opinion. Both were very good though.
babo_ck wrote:does anyone know where i can find the movie?
Have you tried Fantastic Super Club? Last I knew there was a torrent for it there, though it's been a while so I don't know how active it is. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

suebee

Post by suebee » Aug 20th, '06, 00:32

i just finished watching the final ep today, and i have to say i really liked it. the ending was only a tad disappointing, but i think the story was meant to be bittersweet. it was a little over the top in some of the eps, but overall i thought all the actors did a great job. the actors portraying Mio and Yuji were my favorites. i'm curious to see the movie now since it seems some of you much prefer that version.

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Sep 14th, '06, 07:16

I've only started watching this show. It seems nice so far, but there is one thing that I find confusing. Isn't Hiroki Narimiya's character the father of the little boy? Why does the boy call him "Takkun"?

suebee

Post by suebee » Sep 14th, '06, 22:40

meagermiser5 wrote:I've only started watching this show. It seems nice so far, but there is one thing that I find confusing. Isn't Hiroki Narimiya's character the father of the little boy? Why does the boy call him "Takkun"?
i was wondering that myself. one guess as to why: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... 72d1f5d3e2

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Sep 17th, '06, 04:05

IMO the movie is definitely better than the dorama. There's only so much story to tell and 10 eps is just too much whereas the movie was compact and succint.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 9th, '06, 02:28

I recently bought ImaAi movie DVD, and absolutely LOVED it. I decided to make hardsub for the movie since I have some spare time during winter break.

I know there's softsub for this, but it's not very good, and there's no more seeders. So if you've never seen it, and want to, expect to see it uploaded on torrentbox and possibly isohunt or thepiratebay at beginning of next year!

Subbed trailer: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1x61bo
scroll down for the link
Last edited by 8thSin on Nov 13th, '06, 17:54, edited 3 times in total.

thtl

Post by thtl » Nov 9th, '06, 03:02

meagermiser5 wrote:I've only started watching this show. It seems nice so far, but there is one thing that I find confusing. Isn't Hiroki Narimiya's character the father of the little boy? Why does the boy call him "Takkun"?
Yuji was following his mum's example. It's probably also a subtle hint that Yuji is taking over his mother's job of taking care of his sick father.

fijiwater

Post by fijiwater » Dec 24th, '06, 03:46

very, very good! i liked the movie better than the drama, though.

the movie will be remade, so sad :( apparently, jennifer garner will play the lead role

imissjpn

Post by imissjpn » Jan 28th, '07, 09:43

i heard the movie version for Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu is pretty good. i haven't watched either the drama or movie so far. which one would you suggest?? sankyu. :thumleft:

babakubo

Post by babakubo » Jan 28th, '07, 10:15

I love both movie and drama! The movie is better directed, acted and casted, I prefer it more overall. But I like the stuff they add in the drama to, like the mother, neighbors, etc. The movie is a 10 out of 10 for me, my favorite j-movie of all time . . the drama would be more of a 9 out of 10.

thtl

Post by thtl » Jan 28th, '07, 11:07

My vote goes to the movie too. On top of other things I think Takeuchi Yuko made a more convincing Mio than Mimura.

shining_fountain

Post by shining_fountain » Jan 29th, '07, 04:29

the movie version is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the drama

imissjpn

Post by imissjpn » Jan 29th, '07, 09:14

so where can i download the movie?? to bad d-addicts only supplies dramas :cry: . im interested in j-movies now, since i watched most of my desired j-dramas already.

shining_fountain

Post by shining_fountain » Jan 29th, '07, 14:25

imissjpn wrote:so where can i download the movie?? to bad d-addicts only supplies dramas :cry: . im interested in j-movies now, since i watched most of my desired j-dramas already.
I downloaded it off of isohunt