Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 23rd, '08, 19:05

Have any drama(s) been made based upon Japanese "school ghost stories", such as Toire no Hanako-san?

Mik4

Post by Mik4 » Jun 24th, '08, 05:15

Hi, I need help and I believe to be in the correct place.

Do you know some information on this JDrama?

Any info will be pleasant: for example the title, the actors' name, if there are subtitles.

Thanks in advance

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jun 24th, '08, 07:21

Mik4 wrote:Hi, I need help and I believe to be in the correct place.

Do you know some information on this JDrama?

Any info will be pleasant: for example the title, the actors' name, if there are subtitles.

Thanks in advance
The drama is Kuroi Taiyo (Black Sun). Some main actors are Nagai Masaru (I had no idea he 'sacrificed' for this drama), Inoue Waka, Sakai Wakana and Takizawa Saori. I don't know about whether anyone's subbed this though; do a search?

Mik4

Post by Mik4 » Jun 24th, '08, 14:54

Yes, the title is this, and on Tokyo Toshan there is the torrent, but there are just Raw, no subtitles :glare:

yume-chan

Post by yume-chan » Jun 30th, '08, 17:33

Hi! I was wondering if you guys/gals can help me identify a JDrama. I don't know the name of the drama. :3

The story is about a male Japanese composer and a female Korean singer. They met and he has to wrote songs for her. But she doesn't want to sing in Japanese because she thought her first single/album should be Korean. They fell in love with each other but she had a leukaemia and she is dying.

I'm sorry for my weird summary. I think I just watched the last episode of the drama and forgot to check the drama's name. ^^;;

Thanks in advance! ^_^

kenu

Post by kenu » Jul 1st, '08, 12:55

I'm looking for the original Moreo Attack! drama 1980s version.

Any clues on where to buy or obtain this drama?

Thanks! :-)

ayreesa

Post by ayreesa » Jul 4th, '08, 21:14

Hi! I'm looking for reverse harem dramas like hana yori dango, hana kimi, lunch queen and himitsu no hanazono. thanks a lot!

counterfeitdreamer

Post by counterfeitdreamer » Jul 7th, '08, 03:26

Does anyone know if anyone is planning on subbing Seigi no Mikata with Shida Mirai and Yamada Yu?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seigi_no_Mikata_(2008)

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Jul 22nd, '08, 19:59

I am looking for dramas/movies by "Kaneshiro Takeshi" but i have searched through all of the drama wiki names on the search for torrents but still was not able to find any. If someone can guide me in the right direction that would be great! Thank you <3

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 27th, '08, 02:59

counterfeitdreamer wrote:Does anyone know if anyone is planning on subbing Seigi no Mikata with Shida Mirai and Yamada Yu?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seigi_no_Mikata_(2008)
You probably know that someone is subbing the series already already, but remember to visit:
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2008
To see if a series is picked up
I am looking for dramas/movies by "Kaneshiro Takeshi" but i have searched through all of the drama wiki names on the search for torrents but still was not able to find any. If someone can guide me in the right direction that would be great! Thank you <3
Well, movies would definitely not be found here
As for dramas, he's only been in 4
His most famous one is here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

The following is also on tracker but is no sub

peachgirldb

Post by peachgirldb » Jul 28th, '08, 07:09

I hope someone can help me in finding this show... I've been looking for 3 years now!

I saw a little bit of it on TV when I was in Japan in summer 2005, all I really remember was that there were a bunch of kids maybe trapped in a school or something, maybe hiding or surviving in the school? and it might've gotten a little violent, not sure. Maybe some kind of wall collapsing or explosion? At first I thought it was Bokura no Yuuki, but I don't think the show was quite as dark as that. Or it might have been, but it didn't really have the same feel. I think it was a daytime show but I'm not sure. It would've been airing in July or August.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jul 28th, '08, 14:17

peachgirldb wrote:I hope someone can help me in finding this show... I've been looking for 3 years now!

I saw a little bit of it on TV when I was in Japan in summer 2005, all I really remember was that there were a bunch of kids maybe trapped in a school or something, maybe hiding or surviving in the school? and it might've gotten a little violent, not sure. Maybe some kind of wall collapsing or explosion? At first I thought it was Bokura no Yuuki, but I don't think the show was quite as dark as that. Or it might have been, but it didn't really have the same feel. I think it was a daytime show but I'm not sure. It would've been airing in July or August.
I think it's Long Love Letter.

peachgirldb

Post by peachgirldb » Jul 29th, '08, 00:14

marspeach wrote:
peachgirldb wrote:I hope someone can help me in finding this show... I've been looking for 3 years now!

I think it's Long Love Letter.
From one peach to another, thanks! :lol I'll check it out and see if it's the right one!

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Jul 29th, '08, 19:57

auroragb wrote:
Well, movies would definitely not be found here
As for dramas, he's only been in 4
His most famous one is here:

The following is also on tracker but is no sub
Thank you so much!!! Do you know why there are no subs? or Do I just wait for it to come out? xoxoxox

chunkyrice

GO!GO!Akina

Post by chunkyrice » Aug 5th, '08, 07:36

Does anyone know anything about the show GO!GO!Akina? I can't seem to find any information about this show in English. It's listed on the drama page on the TV-Tokyo site, although I'm not sure that it's a proper drama. All I can figure out is that it stars Akina Minami and that each episode has a different director, or writer or something like that. Any more info would be appreciated. Thank you.

aoi00

Post by aoi00 » Aug 11th, '08, 14:15

hi every1! m new here...
jz hope sm1 can enlghten me w/ wt rly hpened @ the ending of strawberry on the shortcake...
i mean how did it rly end?coz wen i watched in on line i got confused coz episodes 9 & 10 were the same as the earlier episodes???
wt hapend???? m confused :unsure: :scratch:

the part where yui was abt to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance w/ manato after they've been rescued from the snowy mountain, was that ending???

pls help... m rly confused here..

tnx in advance :-)

steph1234567

Can someone help with this?

Post by steph1234567 » Aug 12th, '08, 05:18

I was looking up this drama, but it's from waaaaaaaaaaay back in 1992 . :lol yeah, I was like, only 2 years old back then, it's THAT OLD. But I looked it up since it was what the anime Night Head Genesis was based off.

It's called Night Head and it was basically (from drama Wiki):

"Two brothers with tremendous psychic powers have been incarcerated in a secure scientific facility for the past fifteen years. But now they've escaped and are heading for the nearest town..."

and it has Toyokawa Etsushi and Takeda Shinji in it.

Everywhere I read about it says it achieved cult status and all that, I was wondering if anyone could find any remnants of it? As in english subs and fansubbing groups, or if anyone knows anything about it?

Here's the official drama wiki link:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Night_Head

It's be great if anyone could help, even with the 1994 movie of the same name!

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Aug 12th, '08, 06:30

actually, the anime was based on the drama which was based on an ep of Yonimo Kimyona Monogatari. the movie was an extension of the drama

but this isn't the section to request uploads.

steph1234567

Post by steph1234567 » Aug 13th, '08, 11:09

I wasn't requesting an upload, I was just wondering if anyone had subbed the drama.

LightningEmperor

Which drama is it...

Post by LightningEmperor » Aug 17th, '08, 00:38

My friend told me of a Jdrama that has this guy that goes to a rich highschool but his family is poor. He attracts the attention of one of the girls in the school because she thinks he's rich. It sounds funny and I was wondering which drama it is if anyone knows...

Thanks!

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Aug 17th, '08, 00:49

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Aug 17th, '08, 00:53

Perfect! Thanks!

KMFDM

Help me find a title

Post by KMFDM » Aug 19th, '08, 10:34

Hi, I remember there was a fun drama, where a group of weird boys were sent to a all-girls school, and the girls decided to change the boys. Anyone know which drama I'm talking about?
Thanks

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Aug 19th, '08, 10:52

KMFDM

Post by KMFDM » Aug 19th, '08, 11:16

hmm, no, I remember clearly that the boys were sent to a all-girl school. Bu thanks anyway.

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » Aug 19th, '08, 12:20

Mmh, I know what you're talking about, I've seen the first episode somewhere....... But I can't remember the title x___X Sorry! I'll look around and will write again when I find the name.

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » Aug 19th, '08, 12:33

Found it! It's Tadashii Ouji no Tsukuri Kata!

Aelif

Post by Aelif » Aug 25th, '08, 01:22

The last time I was in Japan, I happened to catch a police/crime/law drama on television that I could not identify.

Although I do not remember the station or what type of show it was, the protagonist appeared to be a young (mid to late 30s?) detective with curly hair and a single Band-Aid that changed locations on his face throughout the episode. I'm unsure if this was just for the episode or if it was a series-long running gag.

When the detective went to his apartment, he also appeared to have a young (tween-teen) girl living with him. He did not seem to be married, so I'm guessing either his wife died or he's looking after his neice (or something like that).

I hope these clues are enough.. I don't remember anything else, really, except some vague interrogation scenes that might be from a different series. If I recall anything else I'll post again..

Thanks in advance for any help!

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Aug 25th, '08, 01:34

depending on how long ago your trip was...it could be two choices...

if it was just a couple of years ago, then its Bengoshi no Kuzu that you were probably watching..silly law comedy/drama show

if it was considerably longer ago than that...then its possibly Tantei Monogatari, which unfortunately i haven't seen but i am told that it has similarities to bengoshi no kuzu

Aelif

Post by Aelif » Aug 25th, '08, 01:45

battlegirlai~ <3

I forgot to say the year (2006), and yet you still guessed correctly. You're amazing!

Thank you so much! (>u<)/

MasterOfPuppets

Post by MasterOfPuppets » Sep 6th, '08, 20:08

Is JEM (the group who ripped Ring: Saishusho) still taking requests? I always wanted a copy of "Rasen" the sequel to that series.

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Sep 18th, '08, 06:55

This question could probably go in the recommendation thread but since I'm not looking for recommendations so much as info it seemed a better fit here.

Anyone know of any doramas that have notable scenes of dancing in them? For ex:
  • In Manhattan Love Story, Oikawa Mitsuhiro does some amazingly hilarious dancing. He's actually really good.
  • Amami Yuki busts a move during the end credits of Jyoou no Kyoushitsu.
  • I haven't see it, but I assume Water Boys does have dancing since the movie did. Also Dance Drill, given the name.
Can you think of any others?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 19th, '08, 01:57

Off the top of my head, stories with dancing/dancers integral to the story:
Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni
Gal Circle
Sugao no mama de (haven't seen it on the tracker though)
Hitomi (NHK asadorama currently airing)

Are you looking for funny/interesting scenes or just anything with dancing? :scratch:

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Sep 19th, '08, 14:46

Thanks, mizune, I'll look at those.
funny/interesting scenes or just anything with dancing?
Any scene with dancing, it doesn't have to be a key element.

lileanis

Post by lileanis » Sep 21st, '08, 01:18

Hi all, I apologise in advance for the utter vagueness of this post, my memory's failed me. I would have given more info otherwise:

I'm looking for the name of this drama I watched at least ten to fifteen years ago, and it's about these two brothers who work together in an office (IIRC) and the only clue I can give is that in the last episode, the younger brother faints in the middle of an argument with officemates(?) and the older brother carries him around on his back. And that's all I can remember really.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, you're one hell of a person. Thanks.

TheTaterMan

Name of this series

Post by TheTaterMan » Sep 24th, '08, 00:39

I'm trying to find out the name of this series. I've seen a couple of clips on youtube and it looks like an interesting show that I want to check out.

It looks like a detective confronting the criminal at the end of the show. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Sep 24th, '08, 01:50

@gokidora: Kaigo Etoile had some ballet, and Hitmaker Aku Yu Monogatari had quite a few dance scenes, including a street dance sequence. And Hitomi (mentioned by mizune) is pretty cool.

@TheTaterMan: That guy's Funakoshi Eiichiro. I could be wrong, but that definitely looks like Shokatsu Keiji to me (and I think the second screenshot is from edition 4). Maybe you could share the link to the video, just to be sure. :-)

TheTaterMan

Post by TheTaterMan » Sep 24th, '08, 23:38

Thanks MochaValencia. I was searching for more info of the show Kimi Han Nin Ja Naiyone (which I thought was an excellent series!) and I came upon this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZYGE7Fia7Q

I'm really getting into those detective type series as of late. Thanks again for the help.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:08

okay so I have been searching the world (read: internet) over, and still cannot find the drama "lipstick". I am all about old and obscure dramas. Does anyone know if this exists anywhere subbed in english (or spanish)?

zeox

Post by zeox » Oct 6th, '08, 00:34

I just saw a commercial on TV Tokyo for a drama series that seemed to involve a cafe.. It looked like it had cafe in the title, but I couldn't read it.
Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for here?

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Oct 6th, '08, 01:07

zeox

Post by zeox » Oct 6th, '08, 09:00

yes!
thank you:D

BlaqNumbr9

Post by BlaqNumbr9 » Oct 7th, '08, 00:47

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what this show is?

Thanks

http://xs100.xs.to/xs100/06200/S3A.gif

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 7th, '08, 01:01

BlaqNumbr9 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please tell me what this show is?

Thanks

http://xs100.xs.to/xs100/06200/S3A.gif
thats from this drama

saikeraku

Where can I download?

Post by saikeraku » Oct 7th, '08, 01:21

I'm looking for the english subbed DVD extras (1-12) of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, unfortunately ryuuseisubs is not working anymore, so does anyone know which site or where I can download the DVD extras if they're still available?

Thanks.

gokidora

Re: Where can I download?

Post by gokidora » Oct 7th, '08, 01:49

saikeraku wrote:anyone know which site or where I can download the DVD extras if they're still available?
Jdramas at Livejournal has them.

saikeraku

Re: Where can I download?

Post by saikeraku » Oct 7th, '08, 02:10

gokidora wrote:
saikeraku wrote:anyone know which site or where I can download the DVD extras if they're still available?
Jdramas at Livejournal has them.
Do you think you can give me the link to the page where the downloads are? I can't seem to find it on livejournal... :|

tivaro27

Post by tivaro27 » Oct 7th, '08, 02:20

When I was young, I watched a very touching dorama! But I don't know its title! I know the OST of this dorama, [Tomorrow never knows] was sung by Mr. Children. Anyone can help me to know and find this dorama? I want to download it, but it really difficult if we don't know its title! Thanks before! Sorry for my bad ENGLISH!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 7th, '08, 02:29

tivaro27 wrote:When I was young, I watched a very touching dorama! But I don't know its title! I know the OST of this dorama, [Tomorrow never knows] was sung by Mr. Children. Anyone can help me to know and find this dorama? I want to download it, but it really difficult if we don't know its title! Thanks before! Sorry for my bad ENGLISH!
you're looking for Wakamono no Subete

tivaro27

Post by tivaro27 » Oct 7th, '08, 02:52

marienella_m wrote:
tivaro27 wrote:When I was young, I watched a very touching dorama! But I don't know its title! I know the OST of this dorama, [Tomorrow never knows] was sung by Mr. Children. Anyone can help me to know and find this dorama? I want to download it, but it really difficult if we don't know its title! Thanks before! Sorry for my bad ENGLISH!
you're looking for Wakamono no Subete
Thank you for your helping, sis! You're my Saviour! go to the Crime Scene! :cheers: , salute to you :salut:

kobe739120033

request :beach boys

Post by kobe739120033 » Oct 12th, '08, 17:05

can anyone give me the link to download this drama ? can't fine it in torrent .

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Oct 12th, '08, 23:01

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... Beach+Boys

Isn't that what you're looking for?

stevekp

Post by stevekp » Oct 21st, '08, 01:30

how jdrama ratings goes?? as in at which range of ratings is it most popular??

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 21st, '08, 04:31

^ It used to be (maybe 5-10 yrs ago) that good dramas would average the mid teens to mid twenties. Truly popular dramas would spike into the 30% range. Nowadays, the top range of popularity has lowered a bit with very popular dramas peaking around the lower to mid twenties. Good dramas seem to hover in the mid to upper teens. Average dramas seem to simmer around the lower teens.

I think.... :fear:

vprincekazaf

Where can I find JDrama??

Post by vprincekazaf » Oct 24th, '08, 14:54

Hi there, please bare with this noob *me* I'm just a bit confused about this. I was wondering, where can i find jdrama and download without downloading torrents like TVB series?, Any thread that are uploading current drama's through rapidshare etc? and with subs? Please advise. THANKS A LOT! or a site that provides links to download direct would be nice. Thanks a lot

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 24th, '08, 19:17

This is a torrent site. So no, not here. Try the links of interest thread. It's on the sidebar.

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Oct 24th, '08, 19:45

i think sars-fansubs.com offer thier dramas via irc download if thats what you mean.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 24th, '08, 23:12

I think this is not the right section to ask for this, but Massuki Fansubs also has direct Downloads for their projects:
http://www.massuki.com/je/index.php?opt ... 4&Itemid=6

vprincekazaf

Post by vprincekazaf » Oct 25th, '08, 01:12

MisS Lonliah wrote:I think this is not the right section to ask for this, but Massuki Fansubs also has direct Downloads for their projects:
http://www.massuki.com/je/index.php?opt ... 4&Itemid=6
Exactly what I've been doing for. Thank you so MUCH!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 25th, '08, 01:58

That's only their projects though. You need sites like jdrama LJ and idolsunlimited for a collection of everything.
Like I said there are more sites in the links of interest thread.

vprincekazaf

Post by vprincekazaf » Oct 25th, '08, 02:28

Puppet Princess wrote:That's only their projects though. You need sites like jdrama LJ and idolsunlimited for a collection of everything.
Like I said there are more sites in the links of interest thread.
Yeah, I realised that when i went through their archives. I was hoping for smaller files too but they are huge lol. I need to find something like the TVB series, where people upload rapidshare links or some sort to direct download >.<. Ill check through the links of interest though. Thanks a lot for your help

bloodshadow323

what is the name of this drama?

Post by bloodshadow323 » Nov 14th, '08, 08:19

not sure if this is a jdrama. hopefully you guys can help me figure it out?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 15th, '08, 02:05

^ It's a Korean movie, Sex is Zero.

vengerob

Post by vengerob » Nov 16th, '08, 15:26

Has anyone been able to get "Kacho Shima Kosaku 2" aired on 2008-Oct-01?

official site: http://www.ntv.co.jp/kacho-shima/
Japanese title: 課長 島耕作 2 -香港の誘惑-

I've been looking forward to this one since I have watched the first one. Much appreciated!

iezkiub

What story is this?

Post by iezkiub » Dec 4th, '08, 06:32

I remembered this very nice japanese drama but I can't seem to remember what the title is. It was aired by one of the SIngapore TV channel and I watched it during my sec school days around 1995-1998 (not too sure if the original airing in japan was much earlier).

However the story goes like this; a group of people working in a departmental store and were very nice people. The stories revolves around them meeting some people and their problems, and they always help to solve their problems. Every episode has different plot but most has a happy ending.

Does anybody like remember what is the title of this story? I have been wanting to know and if possible, watch it again (if available). As far as I remember, it has something summer, or related to summer....maybe :scratch:. But I've searched summer by the title, don' t seem to get any result. Hope you guys can help me in this. Thanks a lot.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 4th, '08, 18:13

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hitorigurashi perhaps?
It's the only one I see that matches that time period and that setting.

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Dec 5th, '08, 02:04

Sounds like http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Style! to me, although the time period doesn't quite match... I believe it was also aired in Singapore.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 5th, '08, 03:59

My guess is
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tokyo_Elevator_Girl

EDIT: never mind, it MUST be this :lol

iezkiub

Post by iezkiub » Dec 11th, '08, 13:59

Yes...yes....yesss....Mizune, you've got it correct! :thumright: The story is indeed Natsu! Depart Monogatari. OMG, thanks so much man....I'm really happy that I get to know the title of the story I've been looking for!!!!

specter0624

Post by specter0624 » Dec 20th, '08, 05:18

Seeking for help here.
Does anybody have recorded otonashi-ken SP last Sunday?
The leading actor is Tamura Masakazu and here's the official site of it.
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/otonashi-ken/

I'm a big fan of Tamura but i'm not in Japan....can't see it on TV....
I'm also worried about the two new SP which is going to on TV in Jan 2009,
疑惑 松本清張生誕100周年、テレビ朝日開局50周年記念 http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/giwaku/
そうか、もう君はいないのか http://www.tbs.co.jp/mou-kimiwa/index-j.html
Any friends here have the intention to record them and put a torrent in the internet?

Thanks.

michca

What drama is this?

Post by michca » Dec 21st, '08, 02:01

Hi, I just happened to catch the tail end of a Japanese show on the Imaginasian channel a while back about a teenage boy who could see ghosts. He lives in a house with his crazy family and loads of ghosts which only he can see, one of whom is his grandfather who helps him deal with this talent. One of the ghosts was a woman who crackled as she walked and kept asking him if she is beautiful while blood dripped out of her mouth. Sounds gross, but this actually was a funny show and I would like to see more. Hopefully I provided enough info and thanks for your help! ^_^

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 21st, '08, 02:57

IATV's website called it The Great Horror Family. No idea what the real name is but someone who reads Japanese can see the video and tell you.

http://www.iatv.tv/variety/greathorrorfamily/

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Dec 21st, '08, 03:11

I think it's kaiki dai-kazoku and Great Horror Family is the translation of the title into English (literally)

michca

Post by michca » Dec 21st, '08, 08:27

Yay, thanks!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 21st, '08, 18:09

specter0624 wrote:Seeking for help here.
Does anybody have recorded otonashi-ken SP last Sunday?
The leading actor is Tamura Masakazu and here's the official site of it.
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/otonashi-ken/

I'm a big fan of Tamura but i'm not in Japan....can't see it on TV....
I'm also worried about the two new SP which is going to on TV in Jan 2009,
疑惑 松本清張生誕100周年、テレビ朝日開局50周年記念 http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/giwaku/
そうか、もう君はいないのか http://www.tbs.co.jp/mou-kimiwa/index-j.html
Any friends here have the intention to record them and put a torrent in the internet?

Thanks.
Seeding and Upload Request Thread
Make sure you read the stickied threads before posting a request.

But honestly, I'd wait at least a couple days after the shows are broadcasted before making a request.
1. The shows you are looking for may be uploaded without anybody asking anyways. 2. The uploaders here are almost all getting the files from someplace else (i.e. they aren't the ones doing the actual recording and encoding), so it's still possible for them to find and upload the show later. And yes, many of them do look at that forum for requests.