Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
marto_uk

Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by marto_uk » May 19th, '06, 19:25

Cdrama recommendations topic
Jdrama recommendations topic
Jmovie recommendations
Kdrama recommendations topic
Korean Variety Shows recommendations

Need help to identify a Cdrama / HKdrama / TWdrama
Need help to identify a Kdrama
Need help to identify a celebrity
Need help to identify music or songs from dramas

Hi,

I was visiting Japan last summer. One TV show I watched during the day was about a Teacher and her class. I have no idea what it was named. I saw it on TV in a hotel in Tokyo, it was shown mid morning. Does anyone have any idea what this show may be?

Thanks in advance

Marto
Last edited by marto_uk on May 19th, '06, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » May 19th, '06, 19:27

queen's classroom

i think

Sarki

Post by Sarki » May 19th, '06, 20:14

Giving a more specific date and other info like what channel was it or what did they do might be helpful... :unsure:

marto_uk

Post by marto_uk » May 19th, '06, 20:18

Well it was on mid morning, I was there in August. I was staying in a hotel, I dont speak Japanese so I have no idea what station it was on. Thanks for the valuable replies so far guys.

groink

Post by groink » May 19th, '06, 20:21

Exactly what is "mid-morning" anyway? For some of us, it could be 6:00am. For others it could be 10:00am.

marto_uk

Post by marto_uk » May 19th, '06, 20:46

Sorry

Around about 10am
groink wrote:Exactly what is "mid-morning" anyway? For some of us, it could be 6:00am. For others it could be 10:00am.

ina

Post by ina » May 19th, '06, 21:23

I think we still need a bit more infos. What kind of class was it?

Primary school kids, junior high school kids? High school kids? Did they wear uniforms or not? Was it boys and girls? Only boys? Only girls?

What about the teacher? Anything specific? Lenght of hair? Glasses?

Did you watch all of it? How long was it? Did it only play in the classroom?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 20th, '06, 02:51

if it was playing midday, chances are high that it was a rebroadcast, which is why we would need more details to help you...there are any number of shows it could have been...

If I were to hazard a guess though, since there aren't that many dramas about female teachers and their students and since you're talking last summer, i'd put my bets on it being Minna mukashi wa kodomo datta, Gokusen 2 or Medaka (all of which aired a few months before in the Winter and Fall seasons respectively)

Off the top of my head, other possible contenders:
Gokusen and Naomi...

I'm sure there are more... I don't think it would be an asadora b/c I don't think 10am is the usual time slot for them and the subject matter seems more geared towards prime-time, but I don't know....:unsure:

kryptolus

Post by kryptolus » May 20th, '06, 02:55

There's joou no kyoushitsu. Don't know if it was rebroadcast at that time. Was it a strict looking teacher with young kids?

Thuan

Post by Thuan » May 23rd, '06, 20:26

I think that it's JOOU NO KYOUSHITSU. I saw a few episodes in September last year. And it was around 10am.

leof

name of this japanese drama

Post by leof » Jul 21st, '06, 09:05

the last time i was in japan (2 yrs ago), during my summer vacation, i ended up watching a particular japanese drama (among other things). i don't remember the name, but the basic plot was this:
a korean woman, played by a famous japanese actor, lives in japan, as a successful business woman, under the cover of being japanese. she ends up falling in love with a japanese calligraphy teacher, but is constantly pursued by a korean chaebol inheritor and his family.
i also remember that the protaganist had one of those popular au checkered cellphones...

i've never really been into asian dramas, but after i watched one liter of tears, i started to get into it. this particular drama came to mind because i only watched a few episodes and i wanted to see the rest.

if you could provide me with the name of this drama, i would be greatly appreciative!

thank you for you time

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Jul 21st, '06, 09:09

Tokyo Wankei

Kuraharashizue

A mid-90s dorama

Post by Kuraharashizue » Jul 30th, '06, 05:55

I'm looking for the name of a mid-90s dorama. Plot in a nutshell, this girl gets dumped by her boyfriend/fiance. She relocates, goes to work at an Anna Miller's, then meets the man of her dreams. Only ... his family aren't crazy about her and the guy's mother does everything she can to make sure they don't get together.

Ring a bell? A title would be good if anyone knows of it. Thanks.

zindaka

Post by zindaka » Sep 16th, '06, 03:24

does anyone one know how why on JDorama, it shows that the Series Glass MAsk has 11 episodes, but here, theres only 8?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 24th, '06, 01:54

zindaka wrote:does anyone one know how why on JDorama, it shows that the Series Glass MAsk has 11 episodes, but here, theres only 8?
If I remember correctly, it's because the source for the eps was a VCD set that consisted of 8 CDs. All 11 eps are sort of spliced between the CDs...

aznbabygirl6221

TVB dubbed version question

Post by aznbabygirl6221 » Nov 15th, '06, 06:27

can sumone give me the list of all the cantonese dubbed japanese shows.

im looking one tht i've been watching but i havn't dl'd the complete series nd im dying for more.

if i can find the name tht would b great to its about a girl thts 15 nd she has cancer nd soon she will not b able to walk move properly and go blind. she is in high school right now and she is a very brave soul.

help?? :goggle:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 16th, '06, 05:19

aznbabygirl6221 wrote:can sumone give me the list of all the cantonese dubbed japanese shows.
:crazy:

I don't think anybody can really help give you a list of every canto-dubbed jdrama, but from the description of the series you are looking for it's probably 1 Litre of Tears (it's not cancer and I don't remember her going blind though... :scratch: )
http://jdorama.com/drama.959.htm

Otherwise, it might be Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu...
http://jdorama.com/drama.828.htm

Toritorisan

Re: A mid-90s dorama

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 16th, '06, 06:27

Kuraharashizue wrote:I'm looking for the name of a mid-90s dorama. Plot in a nutshell, this girl gets dumped by her boyfriend/fiance. She relocates, goes to work at an Anna Miller's, then meets the man of her dreams. Only ... his family aren't crazy about her and the guy's mother does everything she can to make sure they don't get together.

Ring a bell? A title would be good if anyone knows of it. Thanks.
That sounds like Risou no Kekkon (Ideal Marriage). Did it star Tokiwa Takako and Takenouchi Yutaka?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Risou_no_kekkon

vuongquoc

Post by vuongquoc » Nov 21st, '06, 04:36

I'm looking for a TV-Drama talking about Shougi Playing ( Maybe it's a Morning Drama of NHK)/
It was aired in Vietnam on 1998 ... so i think it must older than that... But at that time, i can't watch it, just can do at weeken so i was searching for it in along time till now...
The most important thing, the Japanese name of the Serie, i can't say. I didn't know a single Japanese word at that time :(...
I wonder if any1 know this series?
Plz give me some details...
Thank you :(

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 21st, '06, 05:08

I think I found it. :)
It's called Futarikko and was originally broadcast on NHK in 1996-97. The story seems to be about twin sisters (Noda Reiko and Noda Kyoko) living in Osaka and the challenges they face. It's the younger of the two sisters, Kyoko, who actually gets involved with shougi and aims to become the first professional female shougi player. There's more stuff, but it seems kind of spoilerish...
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%B5% ... 3%E5%AD%90
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Futarikko

vuongquoc

Post by vuongquoc » Nov 21st, '06, 08:31

@mizune: Thank you very much! It's been a long time so i can't remember if it's rite... I'm now searching it on google...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 24th, '06, 14:02

There was also gekka no kishi

jellybeano

Help needed with identifying htese jdramas!

Post by jellybeano » Dec 10th, '06, 14:30

hi, if anybody knows the titles of any of these 2 jdramas, please tell me! thanks! :D i cant rmb them as i watched them when i was quite small... :P

1st jdrama: this is a story about an air stewardess mistakening a fish monger as a rich man, and subsequently falling in love with him; along with the pursue of a nice rich man's son, complicating things further. the female actor is the one who acted as doumyouji tsukasa's sister in 'hana yori dango'.

2nd jdrama:this one is about a young woman and another man having a shotgun marriage cuz the girl was pregnant after a one-night stand. then it shows how she comes tries to cope as the arrival of the new baby draws near and how the relationship btwn she and the baby's father improved over time.

i just gave a very very brief synopsis of these dramas. somehow i just found myself rambling. haha. (x anyways, if you think you know which series it is but would like more info on it, please feel free to ask me! (:

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE~!!!! (^.^)v

s45ya

Post by s45ya » Dec 10th, '06, 14:36

i thnk i knw...
d 1st one is Yamato Nadeshiko / Perfect Woman
http://jdorama.com/drama.505.htm
and d 2nd one is Dekichatta Kekkon / shotgun marriage
http://jdorama.com/drama.567.htm

hehe hope it helps :mrgreen:

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 10th, '06, 14:53

If you know the actor's or the dramas they have been in then it is pretty easy to search for this stuff on your own. That's why we have the lovely dramaWiki.

By looking up HanaYoriDango you would find that the actress's name is Matsushima Nanako. Then by looking at the synopsis' for all the drama's she has been in you would discover that "Yamato Nadeshiko" seems to match what you have described.

It actually doesn't take very long to find all this stuff out. Just a few clicks and it's all there.

Heck, the dramawiki is linked all over this forum... give it a whirl sometime...

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Dec 10th, '06, 15:21

meiohsetsuna wrote:If you know the actor's or the dramas they have been in then it is pretty easy to search for this stuff on your own. That's why we have the lovely dramaWiki.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/ ... u_know.jpg[/img]

duulem

HEY!!

Post by duulem » Dec 10th, '06, 22:58

Hey, guys!! I need to know about this one japanese drama's name, i forgot the name :-(
Help me!!

One of the main star is Matsu Takako, and she's an attorney(or prosecutor) in some kind of law firm and they hire this new guy who has great potential but do some crazy stuffs. Its kinda old one around 2002 maybe

Plz help me find this drama, i only watched the first two episode and want to watch all of them. :cheers: plz plz :pray:

OH, lol nvm i found the name it was HERO lol :lol

Spectr0

Post by Spectr0 » Dec 10th, '06, 23:18

You found out the name and still made this thread?

Or does edits not show on this forum?

TakoYucky

Post by TakoYucky » Dec 11th, '06, 00:10

Spectr0 wrote:You found out the name and still made this thread?

Or does edits not show on this forum?
wow, tough crowd. LOL

Just watched the Hero special today. Good show!

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Dec 12th, '06, 16:16

I'm pretty sure that s45ya is right about the 2nd dorama you described. It is "Dekichatta Kekkon" a.k.a "Shotgun Marriage" starring Takenouchi Yutaka and Hirosue Ryoko.

KiNPiN

Hello. I'm looking for the title of a drama series.

Post by KiNPiN » Dec 21st, '06, 06:38

It stars Eguchi Yosuke and Shinohara Ryoko. I think its first airdate was during November of this year. Thank you.

groink

Post by groink » Dec 21st, '06, 07:33

Unfair SP - aired October 3. Other than that, Eguchi-san only starred in Walkers (NHK) this year.

--- groink

KiNPiN

Post by KiNPiN » Dec 21st, '06, 08:09

Is there any relation between Unfair SP and the Unfair series?

groink

Post by groink » Dec 21st, '06, 09:44

KiNPiN wrote:Is there any relation between Unfair SP and the Unfair series?
Yes, they're directly linked. You should watch Unfair the series before watching the SP.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Unfair

--- groink

yingjai

name this series please

Post by yingjai » Jan 7th, '07, 09:19

Long story short. There's this show that my friend saw a long time ago and she doesn't remember the name of it. The only description she could provide is:

very long name
a show with a teenage detective and his friend solving strange mysteries
the detective is related to a famous detective
the show should be form the '90s
think the friend's dad is a police/detective

Any idea's which show this could be?

ina

Post by ina » Jan 7th, '07, 09:30

Sounds like Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo. There were three drama series and various SP dramas. The first one in 1995, the latest in 2005.

bryn

Help for a Jdrama!

Post by bryn » Feb 10th, '07, 18:29

Hi,

I'm a newbie and need some help. Hope I post in the right place.

Anyway, 6 months ago or more I watched the first 2 episodes of a Jdrama. But I can't seem to find the title of it. i looked around but nothing. So perhapst with a quick summary someone might help me or point me to some direction.

A highschool girl discovers in some district , perhapst of Tokyo, a theatre troop that few people visit. only some regulars . The performance makes her laugh so heartily she makes the joy of the actors and is asked afterwards to be part of the group. She never did theatre before. Moreover the lead actor, I think, is some cold fish. Well, it's about the joy and solidarity of forming a group (theatre) and sharing experience.

Everything about a girl and a theatre, theatre troop in today's society.I think that the title is the name of the theatre troop , but about this info I'm not really sure!!

That's all I remember Thanks for any help!! :scratch:

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Feb 10th, '07, 18:35

I'm pretty sure it's "shimokita sundays" starring Ueto Aya.Torrents can be found here, hope it helps :thumright:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Feb 14th, '07, 19:24

:lol, thats so mean telling him the series name! Now he will watch the rest, and suffer horribly as i did trying to watch it. :lol

seriously i love aya ueto, but theres a reason they chopped 2 whole episodes off the back of this series.

chinesefries

Post by chinesefries » Feb 15th, '07, 01:04

nikochanr3 wrote::lol, thats so mean telling him the series name! Now he will watch the rest, and suffer horribly as i did trying to watch it. :lol

seriously i love aya ueto, but theres a reason they chopped 2 whole episodes off the back of this series.
haha yeah.. i tried to watch this series but i pretty much died watching only 30 min. of this jdrama XP

i couldnt really find anything funny lmao.. and.. it was weird...

bryn

Post by bryn » Feb 15th, '07, 06:40

That's what I thought at first too. i wanted to watch it because of Aya Ueta. i like her acting and have seen many of her dramas. But after some time I found it boring. Then I forced myself to watch episode 1 and 2 over again and...somehow found it very enjoyable. Beforehand I focused only on some action, but here the point is clearly the interaction of the group. And now I'm hooked even if it's take awhile for the whole subs to come out. that's ok!!

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Feb 16th, '07, 05:08

i like this show too cuz of Aya Ueta. great part is someone else is putting up the soft subs for the rest of the show!! sad part, the episodes for them have no seeders *sniff*

emrams

Post by emrams » Feb 16th, '07, 05:26

lol i couldn't stand this show. it was almost painful to watch. and the ratings sucked in japan too, only like 7% or something. man aya could have done a way better drama than this one!! but if you liked it kudos to you for getting through it.

cierta

help, please?

Post by cierta » Feb 19th, '07, 03:14

help me plz....
I'm looking for a drama from the 90s, early to mid 90s, I think

the vietnamese name was something along of "16 years old bride"
it has a girl who was 16 years old, looks exactly like a rich girl, but older who ran away from home upon engaged to a guy (father's pressure, financial and company reasons)
the father found out about the poor girl, and hire her to be his daughter so the marriage can take place. oh, the husband knows about this too, but he needs the alliance to save his company.
the husband was really cute, and has 2 brothers, his parents have passed away and he's now become the head of a struggling company. eventually, they fall for each other.
thanks in advance,

ps: I tried the wiki, but since I have no idea who were in the serie ... and I'm desperate, please help :cry:

ace215c

Help! Drama name wanted!

Post by ace215c » Feb 21st, '07, 11:36

Hi all,

I grew up in Hong Kong, watching jdramas and anime on TV. There has been, however, one that I have been looking for, for a while now. I remember it vaguely, but I hope someone can help me out!

It's kind of a Cinderella story. The details are fuzzy, but I remember a poor young girl who was sent to live with her aunt and her cousins. She was treated much like a slave, was denied schooling, and was forced to work in a factory. I remember one scene vividly: her aunt made her take a bath, and instead of using a sponge, her aunt used steel wool and scraped her back until it bled.

I don't remember much more than that. It aired in Hong Kong on TVB, around 1993 or 1994, I believe, no later than 1995. I don't remember whether it was in black and white or not. It might be.

Thanks so much for the help...

Meaty

"I'm going to cheat on her"?

Post by Meaty » Mar 11th, '07, 14:56

I heard that there's a current drama in Japan which has a title that roughly translates to "I'm going to cheat on her". Does anyone know the real english title?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 11th, '07, 16:30

You're looking for Konshu Tsuma ga Uwaki Shimasu.
Literally it translates to "my wife will have an affair/cheat on me this week"
It's on the tracker and on DFansubs' project list to sub, last I saw...

plex

Post by plex » May 7th, '07, 05:50

I am downloading a drama from a d-addict torrent but i was too lazy to down the subs. Now my torrent is almost complete but i have no idea what the name is because the torrent and the filenames don`t show. I`m sure there were subs for this drama here cause i remember that i thought that i would down them later. I feel so stupid :(

The drama:
Japanese
9 eps
Arranged marriage stuff
Comedy
Res:1280*720 (!)
eps1 1.42GB
eps2 1.00GB
eps3 1.08GB

I hope that someone can help me out.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 7th, '07, 14:51

Try getting one episode finished and do a scrn cap.

Also, the torrent should have filenames of the avi files. try listing the avi filenames in the torrent

plex

Post by plex » May 7th, '07, 18:40

auroragb wrote:Try getting one episode finished and do a scrn cap.

Also, the torrent should have filenames of the avi files. try listing the avi filenames in the torrent
Ok here are some screens
Attachments
bscap0001.jpg
bscap0001.jpg (100.06 KiB) Viewed 38696 times
bscap0005.jpg
bscap0005.jpg (84.89 KiB) Viewed 38696 times
bscap0011.jpg
bscap0011.jpg (154.17 KiB) Viewed 38696 times
bscap0012.jpg
bscap0012.jpg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 38696 times

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 7th, '07, 19:18

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 7th, '07, 19:19

plex

Post by plex » May 7th, '07, 19:46

Thank you so much :thumright: Now i know the name of the drama , i finally can down the subs :D

jongbong

Does anybody know the japanese drama i've been looking for?

Post by jongbong » May 30th, '07, 12:37

does anybody know the name (in english) of a japanese drama about 2 female bestfriends who both fell in love with the same man. the other woman is a painter. the soundtrack of the sitcom is "Ben" by Michael Jackson.

i used to watch that when our cable company had JET TV channel. i miss that show and...

does anybody know also where i can download that show for free or where can i order a dvd copy for that.

i don't think it's Aikurushii because this drama is somewhat in 1998 or 1999 or 2000? it's about 2 girls who were bestfriends and the other girl fell in love with her bestfriend's boyfriend and the other woman died at the last part (i think).

the setting is modern japan. maybe late 1990's because there was already digital cameras. the other woman is a conservative type. she has a boyfriend. and the other woman (her bestfriend) is an artist. all i can remember is that the painter girl fell in love with her bestfriend's boyfriend but at the end, she was married to a very rich man and the conservative woman died because of a disease. the soundtrack i remember is Ben by Michael Jackson and i don't know the title of the other one but i definitely know the tune.

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » May 31st, '07, 16:49

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Aikurushii

lol. If u think its not that one... guess i cant help either. Haha.

Was digital camera invented yet in 1998? the 2 mega pixel ones? From wiki...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_camera

"1999 saw the introduction of the Nikon D1, a 2.74 megapixel camera that was the first digital SLR developed entirely by a major manufacturer, and at a cost of under $6,000 at introduction was affordable by professional photographers and high end consumers. This camera also used Nikon F-mount lenses, which meant film photographers could use many of the same lenses they already owned.

2003 saw the introduction of the Canon Digital Rebel, also known as the 300D, a 6 megapixel camera and the first DSLR priced under $1,000, and marketed to consumers."

gromitt
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Does anybody know the japanese drama i've been looking f

Post by gromitt » May 31st, '07, 17:15

jongbong wrote:does anybody know the name (in english) of a japanese drama about 2 female bestfriends who both fell in love with the same man. the other woman is a painter. the soundtrack of the sitcom is "Ben" by Michael Jackson.
It's probably Tomodachi no koibito -
http://www.jdorama.com/drama.423.htm
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tomodachi_no_koibito

luketheduke

Post by luketheduke » May 31st, '07, 21:33

Apology for hijacking this thread. I'm also looking for the name of a Japanese drama where an interesting relationship between a beautiful air stewardess and a guy who took over a family business fish store and give up his dream to study in the USA.

gutman

Post by gutman » May 31st, '07, 21:40

yamato nadesiko

luketheduke

Post by luketheduke » Jun 1st, '07, 13:37

Thank you. :salut:

mizer_unmei

Older Japanese Drama help!

Post by mizer_unmei » Jun 12th, '07, 00:20

Hello!

I was wondering about a drama I started watching around 2004-ish (?) on what was formerly called the International Channel (now the AZN Channel?). I don't remember the title as it was before I even got into dramas. (or even before I was able to take Japanese as a class) It was on before PopJapan TV if that helps...

I don't remember much, but the plot line was about a woman who owns (or just works in?) some kind of small-ish business office (the type of setting where they wear suits and everything), and I think the business was in trouble because of bank problems or competition problems. I also remember that every night the main character would go out for drinks (or I think I remember sushi...) in a fancy non-ramen-selling-type place together with a male co-worker/love interest?

I'm sure when it aired on that channel, it was pretty recent, but I'm not too sure on the exact date of it's airing in Japan.

I know it's kinda vague, but if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it a lot. :D

poikkeus

What's the name of this comedy?

Post by poikkeus » Jun 18th, '07, 03:50

I saw this several years ago and thought it was really funny...but I never got the name.

It stars someone who really looks like Sakai Masaaki. A loyal girlfriend has remained hopelessly in love with him. Then he meets another...and just as it seems the relationship is moving forward, he meets someone else, so he has to juggle the three girlfriends. One arrives at his apartment, and then he gets a phone call from the other, and she's coming over, too. Meanwhile, the loyal girlfriend has been watching and waiting to reveal everything, and...

The whole comedy teeters on the edge, and somehow sustains the tension (and the laughs).

Any hints?

torquemada

Post by torquemada » Jun 28th, '07, 21:16

When we were in Japan around mid April to early May I stumbled across a TV series that I'm still searching. It aired around the time of Bambino, Oni and Kyoukasho (yep, I found all of these, but not the one I am really looking for ...). It aired around 21:00~23:00 o'clock.

The episodes I saw revolved around a girl in a wheelchair that got a guide dog named Musashi (with a red harness!). When she returned to school (obviously she must have gotten into the wheelchair a couple of episodes before ...) her classmates were standing on the street welcoming her. She even got back into the music class to play the oboe again (crying tears, of course). An epsiode later or so the dog got quite sick. He had to stay at home and could not guide her anymore. When the girl performed a concert in the school hall with her music class, her parents and her dog were also there, and the dog responded miraculously to her play ...

Sorry, this must sound like quite braindead :blink , but I truely hope someone can give me a usefull hint. Many thanks in advance!

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jun 29th, '07, 00:44

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/musashi/index2.html

介助犬ムサシ ~学校へ行こう!~
This drama is based on a true story
Try to ask gryzze to upload this

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 29th, '07, 01:05

ooooh, that show looks very interesting. Narumi Riko is great.

torquemada

Post by torquemada » Jun 29th, '07, 05:51

Kaji-shonen wrote:http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/musashi/index2.html

介助犬ムサシ ~学校へ行こう!~
Many thanks Kaji-shonen, this is exactly what I was looking for!

melan_choly

What is this drama ??

Post by melan_choly » Jun 30th, '07, 15:25

Does anyone happen to know which jdrama this is?

niwa1985

Post by niwa1985 » Jun 30th, '07, 15:30

At the bottom of the picture, it says: Hana Yori Dango 2.

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » Jun 30th, '07, 16:02

yup thats the last episode of HYD2

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jun 30th, '07, 16:32

funny, that could make a good game: post a picture and let the others guess what drama it is.

aj2005uk

Post by aj2005uk » Jun 30th, '07, 18:29

Shadow Hexagram wrote:funny, that could make a good game: post a picture and let the others guess what drama it is.
That would be good idea :-)

QueenPeach

Looking for a drama...

Post by QueenPeach » Jul 11th, '07, 23:44

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.

I'm trying to hunt down a dorama I saw on cable many years ago... I only have the synopsis of an episode to go on, however.

A woman is waiting for a man to join her at a movie theater, and when he does not arrive she goes in to view it alone - the movie is Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood for Love. Meanwhile, the man in question is attempting to disentangle himself from a coworker who clearly has designs on him - she breaks her heel as they leave the office, then she makes him buy her new shoes after she dithers over the process. When he finally manages to get to the theater, the movie has ended and the woman is walking home with a red umbrella.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 13th, '07, 05:08

Sounds very annoyingly familiar....
I think it might be Kinyoubi no Koibitotachi e (Friday's Lovers)... :scratch:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kinyoubi_no_Koibitotachi_e

merging thread...

QueenPeach

Post by QueenPeach » Jul 13th, '07, 05:34

Thank you, Mizune. I'll try that.

applebear

Post by applebear » Jul 21st, '07, 20:51

Hi, Does anyone know what this pic is from. I'm not entirely sure it's a drama, it may be a movie?

Thanks for any help in advance

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jul 22nd, '07, 02:48

applebear wrote:Hi, Does anyone know what this pic is from. I'm not entirely sure it's a drama, it may be a movie?

Thanks for any help in advance
It's from a 2007 movie called Ryu no Gotoku, directed by Miike Takashi and starring Kitamura Kazuki (rightmost) and Kishitani Goro (leftmost).

http://www.ryu-movie.com/
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 309a2.html