Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Taiyo no Uta

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 19th, '06, 04:01

Hhaha agreed it is the Music + Erika, I could do without the Music, but not without Erika =)

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sep 30th, '04, 03:08
Location: Germany

Post by WroW » Sep 19th, '06, 04:05

SacredCultivator wrote:Hhaha agreed it is the Music + Erika, I could do without the Music, but not without Erika =)
WORD :roll

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 23rd, '06, 15:07

I finally just watched ep 8, iunno I was a lil disapointed after watching it.

The ep wasn't as good as the others.

User avatar
Hello!Project
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 20:32
Location: Where your darkest secrets and deepest desires lie.
Contact:

Post by Hello!Project » Sep 25th, '06, 00:39

jimmo wrote:imo, the best part about this series is the music, that's about it..
Yes^^
I love the song Taiyou no Uta by Erika/Kaoru. But the drama it self is great. Erika is such a promising actress and very pretty^^

jess7ca
Posts: 24
Joined: Sep 9th, '06, 03:04
Location: Canada

Post by jess7ca » Sep 25th, '06, 01:07

lailoken wrote:I finally just watched ep 8, iunno I was a lil disapointed after watching it.

The ep wasn't as good as the others.
Me too.. even though I really enjoyed the whole series (thus far), I think episode 8 was the "least entertaining"

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 25th, '06, 03:38

jess7ca wrote:
lailoken wrote:I finally just watched ep 8, iunno I was a lil disapointed after watching it.

The ep wasn't as good as the others.
Me too.. even though I really enjoyed the whole series (thus far), I think episode 8 was the "least entertaining"
I think they're trying to add too much to the plot. It would've been nice if it was just her struggling against the disease with kouji... But we'll see theres still 2 more eps and ep 9 looks pretty decent.

User avatar
areKnee
Posts: 10
Joined: Aug 30th, '06, 04:23

location?

Post by areKnee » Sep 25th, '06, 19:37

may i know where this drama was setting?? i means the location.. i love the beach and all the setting in this drama.. :thumleft:

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2001
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Sep 26th, '06, 02:49

Mostly in Enoshima (part of Fujisawa City in Kanagawa Prefecture)
http://wikitravel.org/en/Enoshima

Filming location info:
http://loca.ash.jp/info/2006/d200607_taiyou.htm

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Re: location?

Post by lailoken » Sep 26th, '06, 03:22

areKnee wrote:may i know where this drama was setting?? i means the location.. i love the beach and all the setting in this drama.. :thumleft:
Why? do you wanna go there and bump into a girl who sings songs at night? XDDD

And be like I KNOW UR PAIN, heres a 5 yen coin to look at the moon with XD.

User avatar
areKnee
Posts: 10
Joined: Aug 30th, '06, 04:23

Re: location?

Post by areKnee » Sep 26th, '06, 10:16

Why? do you wanna go there and bump into a girl who sings songs at night? XDDD

And be like I KNOW UR PAIN, heres a 5 yen coin to look at the moon with XD.
ha ha ha ha.. so funny r u?? but sorry... i'm not a boy who so interest to watch girl at the beach or what-so-ever.. I'm a GIRL.. yupss.. a cute GIRL :wub: .. wahahaha!!

nway, for me, the part when kaoru n kouji look at the moon using 5yen coins is the most romantic part.. I like it very much.. hehehe :thumright:

User avatar
murni
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 20th, '06, 01:10

Post by murni » Sep 26th, '06, 10:33

nop...the most romantic part is when they all together wore the spaceman suit...she was the pink power ranger.. :glare:

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Re: location?

Post by lailoken » Sep 26th, '06, 15:11

areKnee wrote:
Why? do you wanna go there and bump into a girl who sings songs at night? XDDD

And be like I KNOW UR PAIN, heres a 5 yen coin to look at the moon with XD.
ha ha ha ha.. so funny r u?? but sorry... i'm not a boy who so interest to watch girl at the beach or what-so-ever.. I'm a GIRL.. yupss.. a cute GIRL :wub: .. wahahaha!!

nway, for me, the part when kaoru n kouji look at the moon using 5yen coins is the most romantic part.. I like it very much.. hehehe :thumright:
Iunno maybe you swing the other way :P

I like his confession the most =)

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 26th, '06, 20:41

Did anyone happen to catch the Mistake made in Episode 7? hehe at the end when it is raining... Did you all catch that only dang what is his name... The one dating Misaki, haha he go soaked... and next scene he is dry, and the audience is wet.. but the rest of the band seems dry... Lol.. That part completely stuck out at me...

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 26th, '06, 22:54

SacredCultivator wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the Mistake made in Episode 7? hehe at the end when it is raining... Did you all catch that only dang what is his name... The one dating Misaki, haha he go soaked... and next scene he is dry, and the audience is wet.. but the rest of the band seems dry... Lol.. That part completely stuck out at me...
or the part when everyones wet except for erika? XD

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 26th, '06, 23:41

Haha yeah, well Kouji didn't look like he was wet either, but the big picture is the beign wet/ no wet haha =P

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 27th, '06, 03:12

SacredCultivator wrote:Haha yeah, well Kouji didn't look like he was wet either, but the big picture is the beign wet/ no wet haha =P
yeah it was weird... did they intentionally do it? or did it just happen to rain? so they had to?

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 27th, '06, 04:25

I honestly think it was to give a better mood.. like even though it is raining it wont stop them from having fun.. ALthough they did mess up while doing so due to scene changes and wet/dry... If it was becuase it REALLY did rain.. they still messed up haha

James_yka
Posts: 44
Joined: Aug 25th, '06, 16:45

Post by James_yka » Sep 27th, '06, 11:58

From an interview...

Erika did say that she didnt notice it was raining... :lol

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 27th, '06, 18:20

@James_yka: Now that is very interesting to hear... Lol so.. are the rest of us(viewers) eyes messed up? or... they secretly put in rain but didn't tell Erika? Lol

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Sep 27th, '06, 20:29

SacredCultivator wrote:@James_yka: Now that is very interesting to hear... Lol so.. are the rest of us(viewers) eyes messed up? or... they secretly put in rain but didn't tell Erika? Lol
maybe power of CG? :P

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 28th, '06, 02:15

Well as I said she was like the only one who wasn't wet XD

Someone should really translate the interviews =(

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 28th, '06, 06:36

hehe that would help, so what was it.. "Did you notice the rain?", "no"? Lol

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Sep 28th, '06, 14:44

Must be all that Erika power she was radiating evaporating the rain before it hits her :D

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 28th, '06, 17:45

auroragb wrote:Must be all that Erika power she was radiating evaporating the rain before it hits her :D
omg too cute...

Hey is she going out with anyone famous?

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Sep 29th, '06, 04:51

An idol dating!? :crazy: Perish the thought :P j/k

I don't really follow j-tabloids, so I'm not really aware of any rumors of her going out

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 29th, '06, 14:50

auroragb wrote:An idol dating!? :crazy: Perish the thought :P j/k

I don't really follow j-tabloids, so I'm not really aware of any rumors of her going out

Ahhhh I wish I knew who it was so I can go wtf pwn him hahaha XD

Snowboard
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 12th, '06, 17:20
Location: Australia

Post by Snowboard » Sep 29th, '06, 15:46

Ahhhh I wish I knew who it was so I can go wtf pwn him hahaha XD[/quote]


Lol...That is a good idea....Can i also join you hhahahaha......

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 29th, '06, 21:04

Snowboard wrote:Ahhhh I wish I knew who it was so I can go wtf pwn him hahaha XD

Lol...That is a good idea....Can i also join you hhahahaha......[/quote]

the more the merrier.. but then we'd have to fight each other for erika XD

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Sep 30th, '06, 01:29

lailoken wrote:the more the merrier.. but then we'd have to fight each other for erika XD
There can be only one ? :lol

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 30th, '06, 04:39

auroragb wrote:
lailoken wrote:the more the merrier.. but then we'd have to fight each other for erika XD
There can be only one ? :lol
Well obviously, since I am THE ONE.

Hmm but I wonder if shes gonna keep doing dramas or go full time movies?

Cause the only REAL bad thing about TnU is the fact that we dont see erika in a school girls uniform XD. SO I hope we get to see her in one in her next drama... hehehehe

AlmightyNanthoL
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 30th, '06, 05:00

Mmm...mmmm

Post by AlmightyNanthoL » Sep 30th, '06, 05:04

Just to let you know, if you are looking for a way to watch Taiyou no Uta online you won't find it. But if you want to actually download the episodes, you can always go to www.isohunt.com The subtites you can find by searching in D-addicts. There are 10 eps. and all of them can be found only in RAW in isohunt....the subtitles can be found like i said via search in D-addicts. But there are only subtitles for eps. 1-8. Just to let you guys know heh.

User avatar
kennyboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Aug 10th, '06, 16:17

Post by kennyboy » Sep 30th, '06, 05:40

lailoken wrote:
auroragb wrote:
lailoken wrote:the more the merrier.. but then we'd have to fight each other for erika XD
There can be only one ? :lol
Well obviously, since I am THE ONE.

Hmm but I wonder if shes gonna keep doing dramas or go full time movies?

Cause the only REAL bad thing about TnU is the fact that we dont see erika in a school girls uniform XD. SO I hope we get to see her in one in her next drama... hehehehe
well i hope she still continues to do drama...we'll see more of her that way.

she's 20.... how many 20 years old do you see still prancing around in school uniform? I'm sure she doesn't like wearing them that much..... :P

AlmightyNanthoL
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 30th, '06, 05:00

her disease

Post by AlmightyNanthoL » Sep 30th, '06, 05:53

Erika's disease in taiyou no uta s called XP...well thats teh abrieviation heh. It is a disease that doesn't allow the diseased person to go out into the sun or else it'll burn the skin reallybadly. Not only taht but it affects teh brain every day. Eventually JUST LIKE 1 litre of tears her nerves will slowly die down. and she has the deadliest type of XP where as it says in the dictionary she wont live passed 20. hehe. I've watched 1-8 with subs so far and the series is AMAZING hehe...not as sad as one litre of tears...but i think its not as sad to me because it has basically the EXACT same plot as 1 litre of tears....not the same story but same plot....

where the girl remains strong....and her family is there for her...then she meets a guy ...then she breaks up with teh guy because of teh disease....and she gives up a little then comes back and remains strong ...stuff like that hehe....although it is still a GERAT series one of my FAV's....she is 18-19 in this serious...where as 1 litre ot ears she was much younger......she def looks a lot hotter hehe...i believe the transition from 1 litre of tears to taiyou no uta is like from...going beautiful to hot...


i'm so bored so i decided to type all this hehe

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Sep 30th, '06, 05:59

Lol AlmightNanthoL, you really were bored.

But anyway... Yeah 1 Litre of Tears compared to this is well you just can't.. cause that is that much more sadder than this... Because from XP she doens't necessarily experience the symptoms she did in 1LoT, so she is able to enjoy her life more in Taiyou No Uta which doesn't bring all that sadness into play, even though it is still sad.

And so the transition between the two isn't simply the one you said but.. It is a 'livly-er' one ^_^

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Sep 30th, '06, 15:33

I completely agree on the going beautiful to hot.

Before she had the nice girl next door look, and then it was just completely model/celeberty hot lol...

Well TnU and 1LOT are completely different, in TnU she knows that she wont live past 20, and thus she tries to live her life to the fullest: she is outwardly strong if you know what I mean. But in 1LOT its a bitter long process and shes fighting and fighting but its just different XD.

and theres plenty of american movie stars who are 20+ and still play as highschoolers!
I just wanna see her in a kimono again too XD.

maybe i should just get her idol vids hahahaha....

1337rice
Posts: 3
Joined: Sep 30th, '06, 20:34

Post by 1337rice » Sep 30th, '06, 23:52

i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 1st, '06, 00:08

1337rice wrote:i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?
we are not supposed to ask when will the next sub be out
it pisses off a lot of fansub people

User avatar
kennyboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Aug 10th, '06, 16:17

Post by kennyboy » Oct 1st, '06, 02:44

1337rice wrote:i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?
too bad.... try doing it yourself if you can't wait... :lol

l0st_iin_me
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 16th, '06, 11:46
Location: United states

Post by l0st_iin_me » Oct 1st, '06, 02:59

1337rice wrote:i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?
Did you read the first post? If not, please do so.

User avatar
sweetdreams1891
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 4th, '06, 13:34
Location: New York, USA

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Oct 1st, '06, 03:03

1337rice wrote:i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?
wahh..please refrain from asking such questions. Be thankful that you even got to see up to the 7th episode

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 1st, '06, 03:32

1337rice wrote:i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?
You have to love these new people where their first post = Where are the rest of the subs? Dispicable >< Ungrateful people that don't stop to think about things before selfishly ask it out like that... Don't mean to sound like a mean person but yeah.. seen too many of these comments from people that make such a question their First Post.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 1st, '06, 06:32

1337rice wrote:i just started watching this. im on episode 7 now...where is 8-10 subbed because i cant read chinese (even though i am chinese) and i cant understand it in RAW. So wheres 8-10?
Please refrain yourself from asking such questions again because each time someone asks, the subbers will delay one day before releasing their works.

User avatar
theresalynne
Posts: 110
Joined: Jun 1st, '06, 20:36
Location: Canada

Post by theresalynne » Oct 1st, '06, 06:48

I think it would weird to go back and watch 1LoT again now. I'm so used to seeing a more grown-up side of Erika. I love this character she plays in TnU. She's really great at this type of role but I think it's maybe accredited to the sad things that have happened in her life.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 1st, '06, 15:53

theresalynne wrote:I think it would weird to go back and watch 1LoT again now. I'm so used to seeing a more grown-up side of Erika. I love this character she plays in TnU. She's really great at this type of role but I think it's maybe accredited to the sad things that have happened in her life.
I cant stand watching 1LOT again... its wayy too painful lol...

And iunno her new look is different, I like it but I sort of like her natural look a lil more XD

too much makeup ftl =(

I wanna see her in a uniform again!!!

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 5th, '06, 21:26

boy this thread has been dead lately XD

Well I just finished watching the last episode.

And I think it redeemed itself from the horrid ep 8 lol...
I love how in the end its Kouji thats sitting on the beach this time in daylight watching a video of Kaoru at night, sorta like the opposite of what was happening on the first ep.
Happier dramas with erika plix! lol seeing her get sicker and sicker twice has made me mentally unstable LOL XD..

POD
Posts: 38
Joined: Aug 10th, '05, 05:10

Post by POD » Oct 6th, '06, 18:14

The last two episodes were so good. The ending was so touching and inspiring, and man it was so sad. I would say the ending is as sad 1 litre of tears ending. Man it was hard to watch it, because tears were just flowing like crazy.

The drama brought so much meaning to the song "Taiyo No Uta" They are so smart to name the album after Kaoru Amane. Man Erika is so hot! She just needs to bleach her teeth lol.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 6th, '06, 21:28

POD wrote:The last two episodes were so good. The ending was so touching and inspiring, and man it was so sad. I would say the ending is as sad 1 litre of tears ending. Man it was hard to watch it, because tears were just flowing like crazy.

The drama brought so much meaning to the song "Taiyo No Uta" They are so smart to name the album after Kaoru Amane. Man Erika is so hot! She just needs to bleach her teeth lol.
No she shouldnt!!! her teeth are fine =)

I felt that I got a bigger impact from ILOT then TNU, even though both were pretty sad.

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 6th, '06, 23:48

@Lailoken: Hehe I would just assume that most people were impacted more from 1 Litre of Tears than this, given. =X

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 7th, '06, 00:16

lailoken wrote:
POD wrote:The last two episodes were so good. The ending was so touching and inspiring, and man it was so sad. I would say the ending is as sad 1 litre of tears ending. Man it was hard to watch it, because tears were just flowing like crazy.

The drama brought so much meaning to the song "Taiyo No Uta" They are so smart to name the album after Kaoru Amane. Man Erika is so hot! She just needs to bleach her teeth lol.
No she shouldnt!!! her teeth are fine =)

I felt that I got a bigger impact from ILOT then TNU, even though both were pretty sad.
haha i have to agree on the tissue issue but probably braces will do a better job. anyhow i am not saying all negatives of her to piss you guys off. simply saying the truth and i love her too. when i first started watching, i didn't know her so i just kind played along and watch. but i think the real beauty has unleashed from her as the story progressed. but from the beginning, i know she will die since this is exactly like the drama Yamada played in a couple of years back with a girl sick of cancer or smth? i

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 7th, '06, 00:54

pwner4once wrote:
lailoken wrote:
POD wrote:The last two episodes were so good. The ending was so touching and inspiring, and man it was so sad. I would say the ending is as sad 1 litre of tears ending. Man it was hard to watch it, because tears were just flowing like crazy.

The drama brought so much meaning to the song "Taiyo No Uta" They are so smart to name the album after Kaoru Amane. Man Erika is so hot! She just needs to bleach her teeth lol.
No she shouldnt!!! her teeth are fine =)

I felt that I got a bigger impact from ILOT then TNU, even though both were pretty sad.
haha i have to agree on the tissue issue but probably braces will do a better job. anyhow i am not saying all negatives of her to piss you guys off. simply saying the truth and i love her too. when i first started watching, i didn't know her so i just kind played along and watch. but i think the real beauty has unleashed from her as the story progressed. but from the beginning, i know she will die since this is exactly like the drama Yamada played in a couple of years back with a girl sick of cancer or smth? i
The same as 1LOT XD

User avatar
skachild
Posts: 628
Joined: Sep 5th, '05, 12:29
Contact:

Post by skachild » Oct 7th, '06, 02:31

i dont like the ending... remind me of 1 litre of tears.... so sad. :cry: :cry:

User avatar
tainted_crimson
Posts: 7
Joined: Feb 22nd, '05, 02:32
Location: IN, USA
Contact:

Post by tainted_crimson » Oct 7th, '06, 03:16

I have to say that after watching the final episode of this series.. I was disappointed. Her actual death didn't affect me as much as Kouji's tears did, and even that was minimal. It really fell low on the scale for me, compared to the movie's ending, where she dies and then her friends and family are suddenly stunned to hear her song playing on the radio. That had me clinging to a tissue box.

But still. A very wonderful series. I loved the characters and the story and the music... Sigh. Must rewatch now.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 7th, '06, 14:45

tainted_crimson wrote:I have to say that after watching the final episode of this series.. I was disappointed. Her actual death didn't affect me as much as Kouji's tears did, and even that was minimal. It really fell low on the scale for me, compared to the movie's ending, where she dies and then her friends and family are suddenly stunned to hear her song playing on the radio. That had me clinging to a tissue box.

But still. A very wonderful series. I loved the characters and the story and the music... Sigh. Must rewatch now.
I gotta agree =(

User avatar
topnotch97
Posts: 65
Joined: Apr 17th, '04, 00:06
Location: Northridge, CA

Post by topnotch97 » Oct 8th, '06, 04:34

i just love the chemistry between Kaoru and Kouji. :mrgreen: they blend.

i think Erika's role here is better than 1 Litre of Tears. coz she's not a school girl. :mrgreen:

they really should make dramas that also involve non-high school love story or something.

so any news on Erika's next drama projects? guess her singing career pays off.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 8th, '06, 15:42

topnotch97 wrote:i just love the chemistry between Kaoru and Kouji. :mrgreen: they blend.

i think Erika's role here is better than 1 Litre of Tears. coz she's not a school girl. :mrgreen:

they really should make dramas that also involve non-high school love story or something.

so any news on Erika's next drama projects? guess her singing career pays off.
LIES I wanna see her in a school girls outfit again!!! :wub:

And damnn her single was number 1 for like 2 months, and its like number 2 now... So Shes doing pretty good considering she isn't a pro singer. She beat out YUI lol... Kinda ironic dontcha think?

User avatar
sweetdreams1891
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 4th, '06, 13:34
Location: New York, USA

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Oct 8th, '06, 22:02

tainted_crimson wrote:I have to say that after watching the final episode of this series.. I was disappointed. Her actual death didn't affect me as much as Kouji's tears did, and even that was minimal. It really fell low on the scale for me, compared to the movie's ending, where she dies and then her friends and family are suddenly stunned to hear her song playing on the radio. That had me clinging to a tissue box.

But still. A very wonderful series. I loved the characters and the story and the music... Sigh. Must rewatch now.
yeahh i feel the same wayy...i kinda think that she died too suddenly. And i also feel sooo sorry for kouji...like at the end when he was watching a recording of kaoru on the beach...and picturing himself playing the guitar for her again. That part got me soo tearyy. :cry:

User avatar
kurochiisaineko
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 11th, '06, 20:45
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Post by kurochiisaineko » Oct 8th, '06, 22:15

The ending was so sad. It made me cry. :-(

User avatar
Shina
Posts: 105
Joined: Feb 22nd, '06, 17:28
Location: Poland
Contact:

Post by Shina » Oct 9th, '06, 10:33

endings is so sad :(

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 9th, '06, 14:30

It would've been nicer if they just left the ending open, let us decide whether she was going to die or not.


IS it just me or does Erika seem fatter in this one then in 1LOT? Her face seems a lil rounder...

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 10th, '06, 02:49

Hehe I don't know if 'fatter' is the term but definitely you notice chubbiness in the cheeks I think that is what you are referring to... And in 1LOT she wore 'thicker' clothes if you noticed so her cheeks 'match' her... Whereas in this one she is usually wearing thin clothing so it will make her chubby cheeks more dominant... As I dont' think she got 'chubbier' in the face from 1LOT -> Taiyou No Uta.

Dunno just my opinion.. Still awaiting for the completion of Ep 9/10 Hardsubs to finish downloading.

User avatar
theresalynne
Posts: 110
Joined: Jun 1st, '06, 20:36
Location: Canada

Post by theresalynne » Oct 10th, '06, 03:27

This jdrama was definitely a favorite of mine. I identified so much with Erika's character, Kaoru. Except the illness and dying part. :/ But her love of music, and how she lives mostly at night (I'm a nighthawk), and not wanting to give up the things that make her happy in life. This, to me, was better than 1LoT. Though, they are both really great. I cried like a baby in both of them. The music was great, the cast was great, the subbing was great. I have nothing bad to say about it except that
I wish she could've been able to sing one last time in the end

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 10th, '06, 14:55

theresalynne wrote:This jdrama was definitely a favorite of mine. I identified so much with Erika's character, Kaoru. Except the illness and dying part. :/ But her love of music, and how she lives mostly at night (I'm a nighthawk), and not wanting to give up the things that make her happy in life. This, to me, was better than 1LoT. Though, they are both really great. I cried like a baby in both of them. The music was great, the cast was great, the subbing was great. I have nothing bad to say about it except that
I wish she could've been able to sing one last time in the end
I completely agree
Like she chose her dream rather than her life, but in the end she coudln't accomplish it, so what was the point of her giving up her life?

And I think she did get chubbier in this one than in 1LOT because, well she was like terminally ill in 1LOT and they kept on saying how thin she was... Oh and the fact that we didn't see her in shorts and t shirts or a short skirt XD... But her face was rounder!!!

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 10th, '06, 16:56

Hehe actually having just finished the Drama, I do agree that her face is much rounder, especially when she
had all those bandages over her cheeks
that really really brought out the chubby cheeks.

As for her dream...
it really does suck that she chose to pursue her dream but not being able to, I mean if she at the least got to sing a bit, I think she would be that much better off


Hehe and when they said Skirt... I had a different picture than what happened =P

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 10th, '06, 18:15

LOL thats soo echii of you...

When I heard skirt, i thought she was gonna wear a shorter one... not like a dress lol..

User avatar
sweetdreams1891
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 4th, '06, 13:34
Location: New York, USA

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Oct 11th, '06, 00:42

lailoken wrote:
Like she chose her dream rather than her life, but in the end she coudln't accomplish it, so what was the point of her giving up her life?
i guess in a way she did accomplish her dream...cus she did debut her cd and everyone in the world is listening to her songs now

aznndave
Posts: 15
Joined: Oct 9th, '06, 05:00
Location: NYC, USA

Post by aznndave » Oct 11th, '06, 06:43

ahhhhh!!!! too much spoilers!!!!
i still didnt watch the final 2 episodes yet cuz im so busy

yieebo
Posts: 85
Joined: Aug 7th, '06, 09:41

Post by yieebo » Oct 14th, '06, 01:08

i enjoyed this J-drama quite a lot, but the ending? i didn't agree with how they chose to end it at all,
when she made that choice to go on and try to sing until the very end, but when she started coughing again and Kouji? <spelling and the others just let her go on, well that didn't make sense to me at all, he was supposed to love her, and yes he was respecting her wish to pursue her dream, but why didn't they rush her to the hospital and at least try to save her when they knew she was only going to get more seriously ill the night of the debut? also, the very last part with the CD being released and the cheesy way they rapped it all up with them all buying a bunch of copies seemed very cheap to me. i honestly thought they were going to save her when she started coughing, and then have Asami sing the song for her in her place... then Kaoru could go on living and see her great song be a big hit, and then she could have more tender times with Kouji. then they could have rapped up the story with some touching narative about how she finally past away with some class.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 14th, '06, 02:12

yieebo wrote:i enjoyed this J-drama quite a lot, but the ending? i didn't agree with how they chose to end it at all,
when she made that choice to go on and try to sing until the very end, but when she started coughing again and Kouji? <spelling and the others just let her go on, well that didn't make sense to me at all, he was supposed to love her, and yes he was respecting her wish to pursue her dream, but why didn't they rush her to the hospital and at least try to save her when they knew she was only going to get more seriously ill the night of the debut? also, the very last part with the CD being released and the cheesy way they rapped it all up with them all buying a bunch of copies seemed very cheap to me. i honestly thought they were going to save her when she started coughing, and then have Asami sing the song for her in her place... then Kaoru could go on living and see her great song be a big hit, and then she could have more tender times with Kouji. then they could have rapped up the story with some touching narative about how she finally past away with some class.

I like your ending more than the actual XDD except for the
asami singing her song lol.... Id like to have her actually complete the concert and then have her coughing thing and then leaving the ending open to interpretation, but this ending was not that bad except for where she died and how nobody seemed to do anything when she was dieing... If I was kouji i would've told her to "live on" instead of following the dream =((( 1LOT style XD

yieebo
Posts: 85
Joined: Aug 7th, '06, 09:41

Post by yieebo » Oct 14th, '06, 04:13

lailoken wrote:
yieebo wrote:i enjoyed this J-drama quite a lot, but the ending? i didn't agree with how they chose to end it at all,
when she made that choice to go on and try to sing until the very end, but when she started coughing again and Kouji? <spelling and the others just let her go on, well that didn't make sense to me at all, he was supposed to love her, and yes he was respecting her wish to pursue her dream, but why didn't they rush her to the hospital and at least try to save her when they knew she was only going to get more seriously ill the night of the debut? also, the very last part with the CD being released and the cheesy way they rapped it all up with them all buying a bunch of copies seemed very cheap to me. i honestly thought they were going to save her when she started coughing, and then have Asami sing the song for her in her place... then Kaoru could go on living and see her great song be a big hit, and then she could have more tender times with Kouji. then they could have rapped up the story with some touching narative about how she finally past away with some class.

I like your ending more than the actual XDD except for the
asami singing her song lol.... Id like to have her actually complete the concert and then have her coughing thing and then leaving the ending open to interpretation, but this ending was not that bad except for where she died and how nobody seemed to do anything when she was dieing... If I was kouji i would've told her to "live on" instead of following the dream =((( 1LOT style XD

yeah, true about Asami maybe, but she was also going through her own personal dilemma, and...
she had vowed to be the best singer she could be and with honesty etc... so i think it wouldn't have bothered me personally if they had let her sing the song, because Kaoru won Kouji's love, so maybe Asami could help at least share that love with the world? lol, anyway... it was a touching story overall. i'm glad i have it to watch for another time.

i also agree that Kouji should have taken her to the hospital or something to save her, then tell her she is his dream come true, and he needs her to stay with him as long as possible because her voice will live on in his heart forever... plus he should have showered her pretty face with kisses all the time to make her feel loved so much until her last moments with him etc... lol, i can't believe i'm getting into dramas...

User avatar
kennyboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Aug 10th, '06, 16:17

Post by kennyboy » Oct 14th, '06, 05:22

all these endings would have been what you all wanted. But i think the aim was to make the audience sad that Kaoru had to leave the world before she could fulfil her dream and that Kouji would miss her in the end.

Of course everyone wants a happier ending... and an ambiguous ending just makes most people mad....

I find the ending still ok.... it's intended to make us value life that little bit more. But I too find the way she died a bit short/sudden. But hey...it's just a drama series :)

yieebo
Posts: 85
Joined: Aug 7th, '06, 09:41

Post by yieebo » Oct 14th, '06, 05:38

well it's great overall, i guess they wanted her to be herself in the end, not wither away on life support etc... so on second thought, maybe they did the best thing with that type of ending. i still don't think he showed enough affection towards her though, she needed more hugs and kisses at least lol, i'm pretty new to dramas but are they all like that? one or two kisses per drama haha...

User avatar
SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1382
Joined: May 31st, '06, 06:58
Location: California
Contact:

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 14th, '06, 05:38

Hehe that was the whole intent, because that is sort of how it is in reality, sometimes we give up things to fulfil our needs and at the last minute, poof... well you know what can happen.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Oct 14th, '06, 16:14

yieebo wrote:well it's great overall, i guess they wanted her to be herself in the end, not wither away on life support etc... so on second thought, maybe they did the best thing with that type of ending. i still don't think he showed enough affection towards her though, she needed more hugs and kisses at least lol, i'm pretty new to dramas but are they all like that? one or two kisses per drama haha...
Omg I totally agree, they weren't "intimate" enough, for me actually it felt a lil forced between them lol.... I just didn't get the same vibes as in 1LOT with Asou and Aya...

robetella
Posts: 65
Joined: Apr 7th, '06, 17:05

Post by robetella » Oct 16th, '06, 10:49

Just finished this. Man the ending was cruel but as we all know she had to go due to the disease she had. But overall of this jdrama wasn't focused on what she had to suffer and not as intense as what 1LOT & Sekaii gave us an impression of, instead what the author was trying to prove to us was her undying passion for her dreams in spite of her disabilities, how strong she was and persevering all the way to her last breath which really touched my heart. Highly recommended jdrama for all to watch especially if you're a Erika fan like me! =D

User avatar
Ayakun79
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 16th, '06, 10:45
Location: Foggia
Contact:

Post by Ayakun79 » Oct 16th, '06, 14:53

Cool story right me lnteresting, it's just in seeding?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest