[Discussion] Taiyo no Uta

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
eternitual

Post by eternitual » Jul 31st, '06, 05:33

omG... episode 3 ratings 8.4%...!!! :crazy: :x :-( :O :scratch: :cussing: :argue:

what happened...?!

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 31st, '06, 05:38

eternitual wrote:omG... episode 3 ratings 8.4%...!!! :crazy: :x :-( :O :scratch: :cussing: :argue:

what happened...?!
:goggle: :goggle: OMG UR RIGHT!!! and ep 2 was only 6.4%!! :-( i thought episode 3 of this drama was SO GOOD!! it made me cry so much!! why r the ratings so low? :cry:

indokid

Post by indokid » Jul 31st, '06, 09:33

ratings is not everything
taiyou no uta so far holds the top 3 positions for every age group in the oricon confidence ranking.. so yah.. i guess it still is a good drama

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/ranking/27826/

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jul 31st, '06, 09:47

main reason why ratings dropped so dramatically last week was bc the screening of the animated movie

''The Moving Castle of Howl'' (哈 爾 移 動 城 堡 )

on NTV channel (which Kimura Takuya voices) - which scored 32.9%.

Not only this show, Regatta and all other shows competing against it suffered :roll :crazy:

eternitual

Post by eternitual » Jul 31st, '06, 14:10

indokid wrote:ratings is not everything
taiyou no uta so far holds the top 3 positions for every age group in the oricon confidence ranking.. so yah.. i guess it still is a good drama

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/ranking/27826/
phew that's quite a relief to see that... :roll

adriansyc

Post by adriansyc » Jul 31st, '06, 15:36

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:
SacredCultivator wrote: Sorry to ask this but can you happent o link me to a .mp3 version? I made my own but the volume is bleh, thanks in advance.

Can't wait to watch Ep 3 as I loved 1 Litre of Tears and cried a lot so if you say the ending is similiar, can't wait.
yes episode 3 is GREAT!! it reminded me of 1 litre of tears at least... others might think differently but i dunno...

the mp3 i have of stay with me is one that i ripped from the end of episode 2 so it's probably similar to the one u have... the volume on mine is kinda low also :glare: but i uploaded it for you anyways... here's the link

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... AB5C5FFC4C

enjoy
thx for sharing i really like this song

adriansyc

Post by adriansyc » Jul 31st, '06, 15:44

mizune wrote:Sawajiri Erika's debut as Amane Kaoru will be released on 8/30/2006.
In additional to a normal version, there is a special version that includes a DVD and photobook.

Tracklist:
1. タイヨウのうた
2. Stay with me
3. タイヨウのうた [acoustic version]
4. Stay with me [acoustic version]
5. タイヨウのうた [instrumenta]
6. Stay with me [instrumenta]
7. Wish [original instrumental]

http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SRCL-6407
:D woooo this going to be interestin got acoustic version as well i cant wait :D
hope some one will upload it cause at my country hardly get the original cd :-(

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 31st, '06, 17:33

adriansyc wrote: thx for sharing i really like this song
no prob... glad the link came to use :D i really luv it too... it's so nice and soothing too

Tackey

Post by Tackey » Aug 1st, '06, 01:07

mizune wrote:Sawajiri Erika's debut as Amane Kaoru will be released on 8/30/2006.
In additional to a normal version, there is a special version that includes a DVD and photobook.

Tracklist:
1. タイヨウのうた
2. Stay with me
3. タイヨウのうた [acoustic version]
4. Stay with me [acoustic version]
5. タイヨウのうた [instrumenta]
6. Stay with me [instrumenta]
7. Wish [original instrumental]

http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SRCL-6407
Wow, I can't wait to get this from cdjapan. Thanks. :D

altec1

YAY "Stay With Me"

Post by altec1 » Aug 1st, '06, 01:35

Oh wicked, You got the song...I was searching everywhere for it. Thankyou for uploading it. Thankyou :D :thumleft:

Kawaii Kinomoto

Re: YAY "Stay With Me"

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 1st, '06, 04:29

altec1 wrote:Oh wicked, You got the song...I was searching everywhere for it. Thankyou for uploading it. Thankyou :D :thumleft:
lol... no problem

tkchan

Post by tkchan » Aug 3rd, '06, 19:43

i watched episode 3 and the preview for episode 4...

the first 3 eps were not so close to the movie, but it seems that episode 4 is very similar, so now i know what to expect in ep 4 haha

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 3rd, '06, 19:46

tkchan wrote:i watched episode 3 and the preview for episode 4...

the first 3 eps were not so close to the movie, but it seems that episode 4 is very similar, so now i know what to expect in ep 4 haha
Hhaha I ahve yet to watch the 3rd episode. Haven't seen the movie so the series is completely new to me and I am loving it..

In my experience I don't really like matching a movie with a series or book (In any order) because usually they don't match up correctly, but have their similiarities.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 3rd, '06, 21:06

the show taiyou no uta is really great but i think that i like the movie better...

i'm not really sure if these r considered "spoilers" so i just used a spoiler tag incase
the plot seems more realistic and stuff than the drama... in ep 2 when kaoru is running home before the sun comes up is better in the movie cuz she gets a ride from koji on his motorcycle and her parents are also looking for her and then that's when koji finds out about her disease...

in the drama she runs all the way home on her own and her parents aren't even looking for her :blink ... what kind of parents are they? when ur daughter with XP whose pretty much allergic to the sun goes out at 4 am and doesn't come back home shouldn't u go look for her?? her parents never found out cuz the doctor didn't tell the parents!! he seems like a retarded doctor too! LOL!!

but just little things like that make the movie better in general... plus i think i still like good bye days better than stay with me :P and in the drama how does kaoru already have her own cd?? isn't the whole point of the movie that she wants to make her own official cd debut... but in the drama she already has a cd :scratch:
and one more thing that bugged me from episode 1 but keeps bugging me more and more... in the theme song of taiyou no uta, kaoru is going everywhere on the train and walking places with koji in the SUNLIGHT!! how is that possible??? i know it's not part of the actual show so it doesn't really count but shouldn't they keep consistent with the rest of the show??

ok that's the end of my ranting about the drama/movie

lemina

Post by lemina » Aug 3rd, '06, 21:21

Does anybody know if there is full version of Asami song "Wish"? I'm sooo addicted to it right now. :wub:

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 3rd, '06, 22:06

@Kawaii Kinomoto:
-Yes I did notice that to and questioned it to myself.. But I guess since it is the Beginning Credits, it is to just show the cast and the 'happiness' there is.. Because if they showed her in nighttime... it doenst really bring a 'happiness' feeling.> I could be wrong,.. just my opinion.

@Lemina:
-Hmm 'Wish'.. Sorry what is 'Asami's' last name? I might be able to find it for you if no one else replies.

anchan

Post by anchan » Aug 4th, '06, 03:23

i also love the Asami song toooo~~~~
stay with me by sawajiri erika is really nice too. i'm addicted to both...
no rip for asami's song? xD

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 4th, '06, 04:12

anchan wrote:i also love the Asami song toooo~~~~
i never really paid attention to the asami song... if it appears again in the next ep and i like it then i'll rip it and upload it but for now i'm too lazy to go back and check for it :P

@SacredCultivator: yea i guess you're right about the theme song thing cuz it would probably seem more 'boring' if it were @ nighttime because most things would be closed but during the day it shows her playing that shooting game etc...

anchan

Post by anchan » Aug 4th, '06, 04:19

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:
anchan wrote:i also love the Asami song toooo~~~~
i never really paid attention to the asami song... if it appears again in the next ep and i like it then i'll rip it and upload it but for now i'm too lazy to go back and check for it :P

@SacredCultivator: yea i guess you're right about the theme song thing cuz it would probably seem more 'boring' if it were @ nighttime because most things would be closed but during the day it shows her playing that shooting game etc...
thanks a bunch for "stay with me" song. love it love it <3

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 4th, '06, 04:25

anchan wrote: thanks a bunch for "stay with me" song. love it love it <3
no problem... and i changed my mind for the asami song cuz i'm curious to hear it again (cuz i forget how it sounds)... but right now in where i live it's past midnight so when i wake up 2morrow i'll rip it and upload it... but do u know which episode it comes in and at what part time wise so i dont have to go searching for it? thanks... just wait for the upload for 2morrow :P

anchan

Post by anchan » Aug 4th, '06, 04:28

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:
anchan wrote: thanks a bunch for "stay with me" song. love it love it <3
no problem... and i changed my mind for the asami song cuz i'm curious to hear it again (cuz i forget how it sounds)... but right now in where i live it's past midnight so when i wake up 2morrow i'll rip it and upload it... but do u know which episode it comes in and at what part time wise so i dont have to go searching for it? thanks... just wait for the upload for 2morrow :P
i'ts the first episode around 33 minutes into the episode, asami starts singing.
thanks a million.
there's clapping and talking...but it's still a good song. now sure if they'll play it again. >.<
this dorama has a good OST as well. can't wait for it to come out!

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 4th, '06, 16:15

Hehe, I am sure the OST will be great as I am loving most of the background music already and only seen 2 episodes.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Aug 4th, '06, 17:21

I think the biggest difference between the film and the show is that the film is more of a "jun ai" (pure love) story. There's no subplot with the producer, the ex, Koji's friends, etc. I think the show will eventually get to that point, but they have more time (9-10 episodes?) to build it up.
Too bad I kind of know the ending already. That was so sad!

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 4th, '06, 18:28

yea i know the ending of the movie too... it was sooo sad how she was laying in all the sun flowers and stuff... but i liked how she was sitting outside in the sun suit watching koji surf like that!! it was really cute and nice :wub:
anyways here's the song i promised, Wish by Tachibana Asami... the first part has the CDTV hosts and her talking over it but u can still hear the song in the background and at the end it ends abruptly cuz koji turns off his tv :lol lol!!... anyways ENJOY TANOSHII N DE (LOL!! too much sapuri for me lately :P )...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 941DE53D7B

anchan

Post by anchan » Aug 4th, '06, 19:22

THANKS SO MUCH.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 4th, '06, 19:37

anchan wrote:THANKS SO MUCH.
no prob :D

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 4th, '06, 22:20

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:
yea i know the ending of the movie too... it was sooo sad how she was laying in all the sun flowers and stuff... but i liked how she was sitting outside in the sun suit watching koji surf like that!! it was really cute and nice :wub:
anyways here's the song i promised, Wish by Tachibana Asami... the first part has the CDTV hosts and her talking over it but u can still hear the song in the background and at the end it ends abruptly cuz koji turns off his tv :lol lol!!... anyways ENJOY TANOSHII N DE (LOL!! too much sapuri for me lately :P )...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 941DE53D7B
Thanks for that uploading, hehe can always count on you to help us out ^_^

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 4th, '06, 23:40

SacredCultivator wrote: Thanks for that uploading, hehe can always count on you to help us out ^_^
no problem at all!! but yay!! that comment makes me feel so special :lol thanks :wub:

Alienwork

Post by Alienwork » Aug 7th, '06, 02:29

Hello..did anyone know how can i get for Taiyou No Uta the movie torrent??I like yui a lot me just wondering how will her be in acting.. :cheers: :cheers:

emjay08

Post by emjay08 » Aug 7th, '06, 02:46

same here with Alienwork.. i want to watch the movie version.. i like erika but for me i think i like YUI better..i dont know i just like her a lot..and yah where can i get the movie version..like to watch it now..please can someone tell us if u know where!! arigatou..

guitarz

Post by guitarz » Aug 7th, '06, 05:53

i got my copy of chinese subbed taiyou movie from "coffeejp"... i dunno abt availability of english subs
anyway, comparing the movie to the drama.. i still much prefer the movie version, short and sweet and it's all about kouji & kaoru
the drama has many unecessary sidestories(male hostess.. wtf?), characters(e.g kouji's ex.. who cares abt her... give me more kouji & kaoru scenes).. no offence, but this drama is one of the rare few dramas that made me fast forward many scenes while watching out of boredom.. but to fair, it does have some memorable cute scenes, like the "power rangers" scene, that may keep viewers to watch on

renney_lim

Post by renney_lim » Aug 7th, '06, 14:36

who were the casts in the movie version?

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 8th, '06, 18:58

renney_lim wrote:who were the casts in the movie version?
amane kaoru ............. YUI
koji................. tsukamoto takashi
kaoru's dad............. kishitani goro

and ummm... i dont remember the rest... i dont think they were famous people though... as for the torrent i got it off some yui forum site but dont remember which one... sorry

kvertand

Post by kvertand » Aug 9th, '06, 00:10

emjay08 wrote:and yah where can i get the movie version..like to watch it now..please can someone tell us if u know where!! arigatou..
Hmm, why do I feel like I've already answered that question in this thread? :scratch:

Oh, because I did :lol

http://fantasticsuperclub.org/

Alienwork

Post by Alienwork » Aug 9th, '06, 00:13

I got this movie with english and chinese subtitle...But i feel the drama losing to the movie..the story mode too nice..Btw it is still somethings that hidden in this story.. :| :pale:

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 9th, '06, 01:26

Alienwork wrote:I got this movie with english and chinese subtitle...But i feel the drama losing to the movie..the story mode too nice..Btw it is still somethings that hidden in this story.. :| :pale:
u have the movie with english subtitles? from where? the one that i have has chinese and japanese subtitles but no english ones and i cant read chinese or japanese so neither really helped me... lol... i'd really like to see the movie with english subtitles... thanks

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 9th, '06, 01:54

I haven't said it in awhile so I guess it's about time for a refresher...
There is a No Movies Policy in effect at D-addicts in order to keep us out of the MPAA's way. This includes uploading torrents as well as direct download links to torrents or other filesharing services. The best way to avoid violating the policy is really to just not ask for them. If you want to find asian movie downloads, please check out links and resources provided in the following threads:
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links

As always, your best bet for movie subs is kloofys...

Thanks

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 9th, '06, 04:39

oops... sorry mizune... i knew that movies weren't allowed to be uploaded at d-addicts but i didn't know that we weren't even allowed to post links to movie torrents at other websites... sorry i didn't mean to break any rules... thanks for the links to those threads though

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 10th, '06, 05:57

hey guys :D did anyone here watch ep 4 yet? i thought it was an okay episode... it added to the relationship of kaoru and koji but it wasn't as exciting as episode 3 was...

anyways... in episode 4 we get to here a slightly extended version of stay with me... so i decided to take the little clips of the song performed in episodes 2, 3 and 4 and combined them together to make a longer version of the song to listen to and i thought i'd share it with you guys...

first here's the Original Song Sung At the End of Episode 2 which i already uploaded before but decided to do again... this one is 1 minute 36 seconds long...
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 6F393FE35C

next here is a longer version that i made from the song using clips from episode 2,3 and 4...it's 2 minutes 56 seconds long so i added about 1 minute and 20 seconds...
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 6D164AD6F0

and finally here is the last Extended Version that i made... it's pretty much the same as the first extended file i made but for this one i added the chorus in again at the end so it's 3 minutes and 9 seconds now... like 20 seconds longer than the other one...
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 2C7FB5FD20

u guys can just download whichever one you want and see which one is better...hope u enjoy them :P...tell me what you think of them... :lol

this song just keeps getting more and more addicting... but i have no money to buy the single for now so i'll have to wait and just enjoy this extended version i made myself :glare:

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 10th, '06, 05:59

THANK You for the upload, as always, see can always rely on you when needed.

Hehe I am sure the OST/ Single might be released somewhere for us to get.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 10th, '06, 06:06

SacredCultivator wrote:THANK You for the upload, as always, see can always rely on you when needed.

Hehe I am sure the OST/ Single might be released somewhere for us to get.
hehe!! no problem... hope u like them... and the ost will probably be out on the internet soon too...same with the single... i'm not gonna buy the ost but for sure for sure i'm gonna buy the single!! as soon as i get money that's the first thing i'm buying... but i dunno where or when i'll get money :scratch: :crazy:

but for now it's 2 am in canada so i'm going to sleep cuz i spent the last 1-2 hours making those songs :P so nighty night guys and enjoy the songs

renney_lim

Post by renney_lim » Aug 10th, '06, 19:06

I begin to watch this drama.... and I like it !! hehe...and yeahh...the rating for episode 4 goes up!!! ......hope it will get better for the upcoming episodes...

renney_lim

Post by renney_lim » Aug 10th, '06, 19:08

Y_T wrote:main reason why ratings dropped so dramatically last week was bc the screening of the animated movie

''The Moving Castle of Howl'' (哈 爾 移 動 城 堡 )

on NTV channel (which Kimura Takuya voices) - which scored 32.9%.

Not only this show, Regatta and all other shows competing against it suffered :roll :crazy:
yeah..that's rite...lots ppl still love the king takuya kimura lol......

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Aug 11th, '06, 08:32

I know I might disappoint some of you but i didn't really enjoy watching this drama :-( Despite the cast, I just wasn't really too into it. I guess it was too..well..too much of a teen drama for me. But that's just my opinion though, it's cool that many of you like it. But, I don't know, I might give it a chance later on, but for right now, I don't think I'll be watching it...

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 11th, '06, 17:23

i guess it all depends on your tastes... i really like it but compared to the movie i like the movie better... everyone has different tastes... but if there's a really good episode that catches my attention i'll tell you so maybe u can try watching that one to see if u like it

aka.no.mahoutsukai

Post by aka.no.mahoutsukai » Aug 11th, '06, 17:29

there was a movie for this? =o
and i luve the drama! ^^ thanks for the upload of stay w/ me! that
song's been stuck in my head the whole morning!!

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 11th, '06, 17:31

Lol I didn't watch the movie and don't realyl plan to...

I like this becuase of Erika Sawajiri, pretty much any Drama/Movie that stars someone I like I am into it =)

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Aug 11th, '06, 19:22

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:i guess it all depends on your tastes... i really like it but compared to the movie i like the movie better... everyone has different tastes... but if there's a really good episode that catches my attention i'll tell you so maybe u can try watching that one to see if u like it
Thanks :-) . I only watched the first episode so maybe that's why...

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 11th, '06, 19:36

The third episode is pretty good to.. As towards the end it sort of shows 'true love' or just extremely friendliness, either way you look at it, it is really sweet haha.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 11th, '06, 21:26

albertoavena wrote: Thanks :-) . I only watched the first episode so maybe that's why...
yea the first episode wasn't all that interesting... like SacredCultivator said episode 3 was really good... subs were just released for that episode so u might want to try it... it's got a lot of suspense in that episode plus it adds to the relationship of koji and kaoru

@ aka.no.mahoutsukai: no problem for the upload... and yes there was a movie that was just released in theatres in may 2006 starring yui and tsukamoto takashi and in my opinion it's better than the drama but it again depends on your tastes... the movie gets right down to the point which is the relationship between kaoru and koji as well as kaoru's struggles with her disease... there's no side plots such as the "rival" singer/the ex-girlfriend... or the part-time job as a host... etc... it's really sweet and nice so i think that fans of the drama should also give the movie a try :P

Tackey

Post by Tackey » Aug 12th, '06, 04:51

Oh darn, I'm behind on this! *need to watch ep 2 asap*. >_> And, I just ordered the CD+DVD single. Can't wait to get it. :D

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Aug 12th, '06, 05:07

i just realized that the drama has the same plot line as the movie. i don't even recognized the resemblance at first.

well anyway, is this dram really good? i mean i just can't imagine sawajiri in another sick drama. 1 litre of tears basically makes me starts watching jdrama all over again. and i love how sawajiri acted as aya. and it's hard to imagine her in a different character....

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 12th, '06, 05:44

LOL I didn't watch the movie and I am sure that was their intention to make it similiar in StoryLine.. And yes this is really really good, I also got into this becuase of Erika, too bad her role is of a diseased girl again.. But none the less I am sure you'll like it.

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 12th, '06, 13:59

Uhuh, the drama came after the movie that YUI starred in as Kaoru.

cutie_24

Post by cutie_24 » Aug 12th, '06, 14:32

i saw her in 1litre of tears and i fell in love with her! i rarely cry at movies or dramas but she can easily move me. i luv luv erica! :wub: and yamada? i think he's hot! saw him in waterboys.. hihi.. jikan ga hayai tatsu mono da!

tokorode, id like to download taiyo no uta's soundtrack. does anybody know which site to go?

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 12th, '06, 14:34

cutie_24 wrote:i saw her in 1litre of tears and i fell in love with her! i rarely cry at movies or dramas but she can easily move me. i luv luv erica! :wub: and yamada? i think he's hot! saw him in waterboys.. hihi.. jikan ga hayai tatsu mono da!

tokorode, id like to download taiyo no uta's soundtrack. does anybody know which site to go?
I do not think it is released yet... And when it does, I am sure someone will be kind enough as to upload it onto DA. So just wait patiently.

indokid

Post by indokid » Aug 13th, '06, 06:48

just finished watching ep 5.. slow-moving episode but kaoru sang a new song ^_^
my personal opinion of this drama... disappointing but watchable (only for yamada+erika)
and yah.. i feel the movie does a better job in telling the story
Last edited by indokid on Aug 13th, '06, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

Tackey

Post by Tackey » Aug 13th, '06, 06:53

indokid wrote:just finished watching ep 5.. slow-moving episode but kaoru sang a new song ^_^
my personal opinion of this drama... disappointing but watchable (only for yamada+erika)
:( Why is it disappointing? I haven't watched that far yet, but I would like to know. Just try not to spoil. :P

koei

Post by koei » Aug 13th, '06, 07:22

Ep5 is out? I don't see it in the torrent list and been waiting for it for quite awhile already.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Aug 13th, '06, 07:28

there's only one person uploading Jdrama's, that's why its taking longer :cry:

koei

Post by koei » Aug 13th, '06, 07:30

Can anyone tell me where would be another source to download ep5? Itching to see it the whole day already.

Snowboard

Yaya

Post by Snowboard » Aug 13th, '06, 07:45

I Erika sawajira is the cuties girl i ever saw lol....Beside kyoko fukada lol............

indokid

Post by indokid » Aug 13th, '06, 07:56

Tackey wrote: :( Why is it disappointing? I haven't watched that far yet, but I would like to know. Just try not to spoil. :P
disapponting cos maybe my expectation is too high cos of the 2 leads after watching and liking both their previous dramas
i feel the simplistic nature of the story and night scenes constrainment made the pacing too slow for an 11-eps drama
so they padded the main storyline with sidestories that are not interesting to watch.. e.g asami (who cares abt her? i fast forwarded all her scenes in ep5)
and actually, when i was watching i dread seeing erika pick up her guitar and sing "stay with me" for the 20th time... fortunately, she has a much better song now
but then.. all this goes down to personal preferences.. you may enjoy this drama more

koei: i got it off subpig tracker.. chinese subs and rmvb format
http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid=577817

Light

Post by Light » Aug 14th, '06, 02:43

Woah, I just started watching this series and I really like it so far. The chemistry between Kaoru and Kouji is great!

And I've started to really like the song 'I wish' sung by Asami. I saw someone uploaded it earlier but the link expired. Could someone please upload it again?? Thanks a bunch!

Tackey

Post by Tackey » Aug 14th, '06, 03:09

indokid wrote:
Tackey wrote: :( Why is it disappointing? I haven't watched that far yet, but I would like to know. Just try not to spoil. :P
disapponting cos maybe my expectation is too high cos of the 2 leads after watching and liking both their previous dramas
i feel the simplistic nature of the story and night scenes constrainment made the pacing too slow for an 11-eps drama
so they padded the main storyline with sidestories that are not interesting to watch.. e.g asami (who cares abt her? i fast forwarded all her scenes in ep5)
and actually, when i was watching i dread seeing erika pick up her guitar and sing "stay with me" for the 20th time... fortunately, she has a much better song now
but then.. all this goes down to personal preferences.. you may enjoy this drama more

koei: i got it off subpig tracker.. chinese subs and rmvb format
http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid=577817
I see. Thanks for the explanation. So far, I've liked it even though I watched only one episode. I hope I don't get disappointed in this either since those two were great in their previous works. But, thanks for the heads up.

Snowboard

Wow I

Post by Snowboard » Aug 14th, '06, 04:33

Can someone tell me is the ending she also die again like she play 1 litre of tears......Wow Erika Sawajira is so cute love her lol.......Plzz tell me lol....

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Wow I

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 14th, '06, 04:58

Snowboard wrote:Can someone tell me is the ending she also die again like she play 1 litre of tears......Wow Erika Sawajira is so cute love her lol.......Plzz tell me lol....
Emmm... That shouldn't be discussed here because that is a spoiler... Unless someone does give it away they will need to Spoiler Tag it.. And for now I don't really want to confirm it as that would ruin it for me.

oceansportrait

Taiyo no Uta

Post by oceansportrait » Aug 14th, '06, 05:46

I've watched about five episodes so far, and it's fairly good. Not the best I've seen, but much better than the other dramas airing this season (J-dramas seem to be on a downward spiral in general lately.). I've watched the first episodes of all the dramas airing this season, and I've only managed to keep on watching Taiyo no Uta and Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu (Before the summer season began airing though, I was most looking forward to Sapuri. When I actually started watching it though, it was so painfully terrible that I couldn't even sit through the first 30 minutes. I should have known that if I couldn't like Kamenashi after watching the whole series of Nobuta wo Produce, there's no way I could like him in Sapuri.)

I really liked Sawajiri in Ichi Rittoru no Namida (I didn't have high expectations for that drama when I first started watching it because I heard she was an idol, but her acting really surprised me.).

I've read some people's comments here about how they didn't like the Asami subplot, but for me personally, I find it just adds that much more depth to the drama (I like complex situations..my favorite drama has been Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi for years now, and that drama's complexity is beyond measures. So much underlying meaning ^^). And you know there's eventually going to be a confrontation in a future episode where Kaoru finds out the true meaning of the "A" inscribed on the guitar.
One thing I'm still wondering about though...are Asami and Kouji supposed to be the same age? From the flashbacks it looked to be that they were involved romantically (and Asami herself said Kouji was her first love) and from the explanation by Kouji about them growing up in the same orphanage, it made it seem like they're close in age. But comparing their faces though, Asami looks much older (~25) whereas Kouji is 20 (and looks 20.)
[/spoiler]
Last edited by oceansportrait on Aug 14th, '06, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Taiyo no Uta

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 14th, '06, 06:10

@Oceansportrait

I didn't read it and just quoted.. There is a SPOILER TAG, please use it, I would appreciate it if you edit oyur post and use the Spoiler Tag... Thank you

Snowboard

Soryy

Post by Snowboard » Aug 14th, '06, 06:42

I Hope the ending to be good....I don't want the ending to be sad story lol....Cause i need to prepare a lot of tissue if the ending sad lol...........Anyway okie just wait and watch until the end...Love Erika so cute and pretty...... :cheers: :cheers:

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Aug 14th, '06, 15:44

a few pages back i posted that i don't know if i'm going to like this drama but after watching episode 1 i totally love it. jdrama lately has been in a baaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd season but i think this drama will redeem itself. it's definitely better.

since i watched the movie first, of course i was comparing it both and i realized that both version are good but the movie are kinda done in cutesy way. but the drama have a more serious and darker tone.

alright i am going to keep on watching this

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 14th, '06, 18:07

Hhaha dunno I am weird if I know someone from the Drama, I tend to like it no matter how bad others might dislike it...

But yeah this drama I like because not only does Erika look cuter, for me the sadness is enough, dunno but I like dramas that make me tear up which most do, hard to admit as I am a guy and that just ruins the stereotype right? lol.

Sakado

Post by Sakado » Aug 14th, '06, 18:34

Erika looks cuter, i like her hair color/style. It's funny, but at the beginning she looked (physically) very different from her other dramas and i did not recognize her that well, but once she starts crying i was like "ah that's more like herl"

I like this drama even though it is/will be depressing, dunno why. Maybe because none of my friends dare to watch asian drama, so i end up wathcing them by myself (sniff!)
Last edited by Sakado on Aug 14th, '06, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Aug 14th, '06, 18:52

Heheh, yeah I agree, at first I didn't recognize her becuase we all had the image set from 1 Litre of Tears.. But once I knew it was her I was like YAY they made her cuter than ever.

And i like J-Dramas because of the Depressing Mood it sets, dunno I just like it that way... And all my friends hate them because of that.. Oh wells.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Aug 15th, '06, 03:06

This drama started slow but now it's getting really good. Ep 6 was great, especially the ending. I kind of know how it's gonna end but I still want to see this to the very end, no matter how sad it will be.

BTW, the soundtrack for this should be awesome.