Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jul 7th, '06, 00:35

rickt wrote:uh oh.. I sense a male version of Ganbatte Ikimasshoi... :unsure:
Hahaha!

Looks like~ :D

Neko-chan

Post by Neko-chan » Jul 12th, '06, 01:38

rickt wrote:uh oh.. I sense a male version of Ganbatte Ikimasshoi... :unsure:
Aha I do too.

But I want to watch this because Hayami Mokomichi gets a lead role!

nekokage

Post by nekokage » Jul 19th, '06, 04:24

So what do you guys actually think abou the first episode? I don't know much Japanese so I couldn't tell what was going on most of the time... but it looks pretty interesting.

owl10

Post by owl10 » Jul 19th, '06, 06:49

I have been looking forward to this drama because this is the first time Hayami Mokomichi is the male lead actor. This drama is gonna be great!!! I have watched the first episode but I don't understand Japanese and I am still waiting eagerly for the subtitles to be up.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Jul 19th, '06, 13:03

My first impression of Regatta, I think we have at least half the cast for a live-action Slam Dunk :-). Matsuda Shota just need a ball in his hand to be a perfect Rukawa. His untimely departed partner looked like a good Megane-kun. Hayami Mokomichi is believable as either Mitsui or Sakuragi.
Second impression, on rewatching, I really like the acting (and the girls don't make me want to throw something heavy at the screen at regular intervals).

rickt

Post by rickt » Jul 19th, '06, 15:57

based on the first episode, what do you guys think? I know there's no sub yet, but maybe you can give your views on the storyline?

I don't really like Ganbatte Ikimasshoi, so if this series really is going to be a male version of it then I won't bother to give it a try even when Hayami Mocomichi finally gets his first lead..

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jul 20th, '06, 05:01

imma watch this bcuz my hubby,HAYAMI MOKOMICHI is here! :wub:

Vilhelm

Post by Vilhelm » Jul 21st, '06, 14:13

After watching the first two episodes, I'd say it was "decent". Well, I have to admit that I was only keeping one eye on the second episode, but still...

indokid

Post by indokid » Jul 23rd, '06, 17:13

i think this drama is the best on my list this season so far... highly recommended :thumright:
getting better with every epsiode

myke

Post by myke » Jul 23rd, '06, 17:33

Aibu saki in this drama... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 23rd, '06, 22:25

watched ep 1 and about half an hour left till episode 2 is done but after watching the 1st ep my thoughts on it are that it has similarities to gambatte ikimasshoi BUT it seems like it has more depth to it... moko's character and saki's characters both have complex pasts because of their friend... matsuda shota's character has an attitude problem but DAMN IS HE SEXY!!!! OMFG!! :wub:

the acting is pretty good.... but that girl that moko's living with seems kinda annoying :glare:

aibu saki is a good actress but her character always annoys me for sum reason... she usually gets stuck with the girl who falls in love with the handsome guy on the other rowing team(gambatte ikimasshoi)... or the handsome tennis player (happy) or the sexy JAL engineer worker (attention please!)... and she's usually cast in sports dramas :| she needs some more BETTER actual roles...

hayami mokomichi is a very good actor (but of course i'm being biased) and plus he is one HUGE SEXY PIECE OF EYE CANDY!! same with matsuda shota!! :D

my take on this drama is that it's probably gonna turn out to be a typical sports/romance drama where saki's character slowly starts to fall in love with moko's character despite the fact that she used to like his best friend... and then both moko and shota r probably gonna fall in love with saki's character but then they'll be friends as well and wont wanna fight over her and blah blah... i hope it doesn't turn out to be like that though cuz it has the potential to be much better than that

no matter how this drama turns out i am SO gonna watch it cuz hayami mokomichi and matsuda shota r damn sexy and need to make ou... :whistling: erm... get along much better!! :mrgreen:

yes ok now my fangirl ranting is done :P

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 24th, '06, 04:53

This drama sound interesting ^^
I download it ^^ but didn't watch it yet :P
Just hoping that someone will sub it ^^ but if not I will watch it as RAW ^^

myke

Post by myke » Jul 24th, '06, 09:02

Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:watched ep 1 and about half an hour left till episode 2 is done but after watching the 1st ep my thoughts on it are that it has similarities to gambatte ikimasshoi BUT it seems like it has more depth to it... moko's character and saki's characters both have complex pasts because of their friend... matsuda shota's character has an attitude problem but DAMN IS HE SEXY!!!! OMFG!! :wub:

the acting is pretty good.... but that girl that moko's living with seems kinda annoying :glare:

aibu saki is a good actress but her character always annoys me for sum reason... she usually gets stuck with the girl who falls in love with the handsome guy on the other rowing team(gambatte ikimasshoi)... or the handsome tennis player (happy) or the sexy JAL engineer worker (attention please!)... and she's usually cast in sports dramas :| she needs some more BETTER actual roles...

hayami mokomichi is a very good actor (but of course i'm being biased) and plus he is one HUGE SEXY PIECE OF EYE CANDY!! same with matsuda shota!! :D

my take on this drama is that it's probably gonna turn out to be a typical sports/romance drama where saki's character slowly starts to fall in love with moko's character despite the fact that she used to like his best friend... and then both moko and shota r probably gonna fall in love with saki's character but then they'll be friends as well and wont wanna fight over her and blah blah... i hope it doesn't turn out to be like that though cuz it has the potential to be much better than that

no matter how this drama turns out i am SO gonna watch it cuz hayami mokomichi and matsuda shota r damn sexy and need to make ou... :whistling: erm... get along much better!! :mrgreen:

yes ok now my fangirl ranting is done :P
say..really like that???
well sound interesting... :mrgreen:

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 24th, '06, 16:17

myke wrote: say..really like that???
well sound interesting... :mrgreen:
yup it's pretty much like that... i have to say that even though ryo/uchi/junno were in gambatte ikimasshoi i DEFINATELY like regatta better!! it's got more plot depth to it rather than just a girls rowing team who practices daily... but i still havent watched the 2nd ep yet so when i watch it today i'll comment again so u guys can see if it's worth watching... but i think that if ur a crazy obsessed matsuda shota or hayami mokomichi fan then u should definately watch this cuz they're really sexy in it and the get wet while wearing tight clothes and white shirts/tanktops :D

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Jul 24th, '06, 16:43

Abu-chan's character is simular once again then, she always gets the role for the 'falling in love with the main boy'. I adore her even, she got on my nerves for Ganbatte Ikimashoi.

Too many jdramas, I kinda wanna watch cause Matsuda Shota's a pretty potiential actor(well HYD and Top Caster...he still had the acting of..just reading and not expressing well enough) and Moko, she still has a loong way to go but he is getting a bit better....

..instead of a boat drama, why is there no swimming drama? Like all the other sports have been done, I just don't remember seeing something about swimming...and I don't mean waterboys.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 24th, '06, 16:53

Littleangel91356 wrote:Aibu-chan's character is simular once again then, she always gets the role for the 'falling in love with the main boy'. I adore her even, she got on my nerves for Ganbatte Ikimashoi.

..instead of a boat drama, why is there no swimming drama? Like all the other sports have been done, I just don't remember seeing something about swimming...and I don't mean waterboys.
yea i agree... a swimming drama would have been more interesting cuz then the guys would have been all wet constantly through the episodes :lol... and yea aibu's characters usually annoy me cuz she always just falls in luv with sumone and never ends up with them and ends up crying or being all sad and stuff

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Jul 24th, '06, 20:05

lol yea and get some hot bodied actors to play it and we could be staring at their bodies for such a looong time :lol

oh yeah, abu-chan always get refused(poor her, she got refused by Ryo 2 times- Ganbatte and Attention. She needs to get a role where she can really be fully satisfied. I hate pitying characters, I'll start crying lol.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 25th, '06, 03:22

Littleangel91356 wrote:..instead of a boat drama, why is there no swimming drama? Like all the other sports have been done, I just don't remember seeing something about swimming...and I don't mean waterboys.
if it makes you feel any better, adachi mitsuru's swimming-centric sports manga "rough" is bing made into a movie coming out either later this year or next...
^_^;

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Jul 25th, '06, 05:58

Really? I read that manga and it was really perverted and it reminded of romeo and juliet. I wonder who is the casts for that one, thanks for telling me that!

EDIT

omg it has moko and Nakagawa Masami, why am I not suprised with masami and moko lol.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Jul 25th, '06, 06:07

Hmm, I'm not sure about what to think of it so far. When I watched the first episode I was like "Ok, it's Ganbatte Ikimasshoi with male characters". The fact that Abu's in it, while I like her, doesn't really help (and her character really reminds me of what we see of her character in G.I. in the final episode when it shows what they do after finishing high school). Though, they seemed to have learned from G.I. Just look how, at least in the first episode, the rowers are wearing gloves to prevent bladders on their hands.

Would be funny if Suzuki An would appear in a cameo as photographer *whistle*

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jul 25th, '06, 14:24

hope some1 willl sub this drama.. coz it sounds interesting. :mrgreen:

nekokage

Post by nekokage » Jul 28th, '06, 05:20

Can someone explain the ending of episode 2? It seemed really important when mokomichi was talking to saki.

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jul 28th, '06, 17:56

Great news fellow Mocomichi and Regatta fans!!!

Nemui Subs has signed up to do the Regatta hard subs. Yatta! :cheers: For those who do not know, they are also the ones who do the Brother Beat subs. This has come as a great surprise for me as I surely thought nobody would pick up this drama. (It hasn't been doing well in ratings)

Thanks to Nemui Subs for picking it up. I was hoping they would.

Syaoran-kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Syaoran-kun » Aug 2nd, '06, 04:24

iie 8) gambarimasu

nekokage

Post by nekokage » Aug 5th, '06, 04:42

The drama is actually getting pretty good. I wonder why the ratings are so low.... Maybe because of the characters??

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Aug 15th, '06, 18:50

I'm really happy this drama is gonna be subbed. Thanks Nemui Subs!

I'm watching the raw episodes and I don't understand much but Mokomichi is so worth it. There are quite a few scenes where he's shirtless (often wearing only spandex shorts and once even flexing his muscles). *dies*

The story is good too (from what I can make out). It has some kdrama flavor to it. I too don't understand why it isn't more popular. I find it less boring than other jdramas. Maybe it's too "sexy" for some people... (I kinda understand since Mokomichi's biceps are showing 95% of the time) :wub: *dies again*

archive18

Post by archive18 » Apr 3rd, '08, 17:46

Nemui subs seems to have stopped subbing this series. :-(

mikoto69

Post by mikoto69 » Apr 17th, '08, 20:52

very good drama. I waiting the next épisode. The french team waiting english subs and I waiting too

justifyme

<REGATTA> - what boat they using?

Post by justifyme » Jan 26th, '09, 13:46

Hey, i'm a canoeist here (:
I would like to know what boat they are using in the show <Regatta>
Cause i googled the name but i dont get to see the boats.
Pls tell me if know, ths :D
Last edited by justifyme on Jan 27th, '09, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 26th, '09, 14:00

do you ask for specifics like the company, or what?

Because I mean..... they are using rowing boats (skiffs)

justifyme

Post by justifyme » Jan 27th, '09, 06:02

Oh, rowing skiffs eh?
Okay thanks (:
I dont see those boats in Singapore or i never notice it.
haha ^^