[Discussion] Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 19th, '07, 22:00

raven_frost wrote:KDO DVD and a special DVD for Ken-chan have been released!
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/ ... /kdo-1.jpg[/img]
GO KEN-CHAN!!!!! you got a special DVD. Sugoiii!!!!!

yea, this drama was awesome.

And i think that girl Yuki is pretty hot too :lol :lol

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Jan 26th, '07, 11:03

hi....this drama looks interesting
anyone knows where can i d/l this besides torrent? clubbox or megaupload??
thank you :)

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Jan 27th, '07, 18:37

I also would like to know if somebody has this in thier clubbox?? Please help me out.. I have tried to d/load from Clubbox, but epi 3 is slow. Please help me out. I want to watch this show..

Thanks for the help...

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jan 27th, '07, 23:39

yeaaaah!!

I finished "kekkon dekinai otoko"!!!It is a wonderful drama!!
Abe Hiroshi is a very good actor :D
I like!!!! :wub:

Narutokun123

Post by Narutokun123 » Mar 3rd, '07, 11:17

does someone know the name of the nurse on the left side? is she popular or playing in other series?

[img]http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4169 ... 12fqp5.jpg[/img]

japysia

Post by japysia » Mar 3rd, '07, 12:35

Her name is Nishimaru Yuko.
TV Series:
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Oniyome nikki
Mother & Lover
Magarikado no Kanojo(ep.5)
At Home Dad(ep.7)
Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi III (ep.8 )

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:42

She's worth of branleh or two :lol

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » May 10th, '07, 10:07

Finished watching it recently

I like how Natsukawa portrayed her character. She's charming despite being almost 40. Very refreshing to see her performance. Of course, Kuninaka is cute as always. Nice relaxing drama after watching the darker drama watashitachi no kyokasho. Storyline wasn't overly convincing (for example why would Natsukawa fall in love for Abe?)... so 7/10

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » May 11th, '07, 01:00

Yeah, i guess the story wasnt exactly convincing, i mean why would all 3 girls fall in love with him. lol. But anyway, i like the show, or else i wouldnt be here. lalala... 8.5/10

The drama has great acting, and somehow, it left me kind of feeling lonely...
Michiru is real cute in the show, with Ken-chan...
Hiroshi Abe's character looks rather impossible in reality, but i guess there are really such hermit people around. Perhaps we should all stop watching jodramas (just like he has stopped fluttering his hands while listening to music), and go out and visit the world....

terra-kun

Post by terra-kun » Jun 14th, '07, 02:41

Just finished watching the drama, and I got to say....I LOVED IT!!!! I liked how Abe portrayed his character. I've only seen him in Dragon Zakura, but his role in this was funny. I couldn't help crack up when he made fun of people unintentionally. His romances were nice too, even though they all end up weird. I really wanted to see him and Michiru go out together, even when she's like waaaay younger. I really hope there's going to be a special episode....even if it's unlikely

DesOk

Post by DesOk » Jun 14th, '07, 04:33

I just thought I would put in my 2 yen.

I just finished watching this drama and I think the ending with the house model and the cohabitating fish is a perfect ending. It gives just enough to see where they are going without coming right out and saying it. And who says that they have to get married. Maybe they can just live together and be happy. Marriage isn't the only way for couples to be together in todays society.

I just turned 30 myself recently and am not seeing anybody. I get the all too frequent lectures on not being married with kids (which I've gotten since just getting out of high school). I'm Jewish and although I'm not very religious, you can imagine how it looks to be a 30 year old unmarried woman with no prospects. My mom wanted lots of kids but couldn't so she started wanting lots of grandkids early. At least she got to see my brother's son before she passed away, or I think she would be haunting us until we had kids. I personally don't want any kids of my own, but I would like to eventually find the right guy and get married. It just doesn't seem to be likely any time soon.

Anyway, I can really feel for Natsumi. I am confortable with my job, hate chores/cooking, and want to find someone comfortable whom I can live with the rest of my life. I don't want to just grab a guy off the street and wind up unhappy like I see so many others doing. I've seen enough bad and/or short relationships (like my brother's usually) that I guess I want a stable man who cares about me. I wouldn't mind having money and maybe for him to have some good looks (OK, I'm a romantic too), but I'm not rich or a raving beauty either. Practical is good. Kawano is good looking and seems to be well off, and although he has his oddities, he is still stable and kind hearted. I think I could like a guy like that. Who doesn't have hobbies or quirks that others find annoying or odd, but friends and co-workers still hang out with you or work well with you? I mean I love watching anime and foreign dramas and to read manga and lots of books. I go to fantasy faires in garb when I can and sit on the computer or read during my free time. I don't really go out much and like to eat good food when I can (which is where all my extra money goes and for which my brother is always getting on my case for), but why not enjoy life while I can, right?

Sorry for my long rant. But, I think I can really empathize with some of the characters in the drama more than a few of the others I've seen, which made this more enjoyable.

Jarrah

Post by Jarrah » Sep 14th, '07, 16:57

hi all, know anybody, what is this phone? (use by Kuwano Shinsuke)

forevergirl

Post by forevergirl » Apr 29th, '08, 16:58

.I just watched this recently and manage to finished, I guess Im contented on the plot of the story, but Its like cliff hanging in the end,...I hope there's SP or something of this, The main girl she's pretty, I like the way she smile, Its very rare for me to approve a Japanese actress, coz some of them are not natural beauty.. u know wat I mean but her is really pretty..

.. I owuld recommend this drama to watch..

piousm

Post by piousm » Aug 24th, '09, 18:55

agreed. this is a good show, and the doctor has a gorgeous smile. I hoped it would continue a bit more - where did the second fish come from?

jeresun

Post by jeresun » Aug 3rd, '13, 20:22

This has got to be my favorite japanese drama. I went and looked up the filming locations for this drama and made a custom map of it.

Check it out HERE!! You can even enter street view and see all the landmarks.

What's interesting is that the locations for things like their work commute, stores, and places to hang out actually make sense in the real world location they occupy.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:22

Great job, jeresun!
This is one of my top doramas too. Abe Hiroshi is just too funny with his deadpan delivery. I love him so much. His chemistry with Natsukawa-san is just wonderful to watch.

seppydude

Post by seppydude » Sep 25th, '13, 08:15

Does anyone know where I can get the soundtrack for this show? I've had Crispy Park (and by extension Swimmy) for years, but I'm really interested in whether the soundtrack was ever released.

superdevilgundam
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by superdevilgundam » Oct 9th, '13, 19:13

has anyone ever bought the ken dvd? i just recently bought the KDO japanese dvd box set on amazon japan and they have a ken chan the dog from KDO dvd for $20+. im just wondering whats on it and if its worth it buying that dvd.
KDO is my favorite, its rly smartly written and love abe hiroshi.

tunix_2008

Re: [Discussion] Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

Post by tunix_2008 » Sep 25th, '16, 14:00

I can't believe it took me 10 years to discover this jdrama. And I even took the long way around at that. I was watching some Korean-Chinese crossover movie on Red by HBO, which reminded me of Uhm Jung-hwa so I looked her up because I like her in Get Karl! Then I saw she starred in He Who Can't Marry (Korean version). So I started watching that when I read there was a Japanese version. I knew I had to see the jdrama first because IMO Japanese version is always, always better than Korean version. And now I'm here.

I really love this that I ended up binge-watching it right off bat. It's simple, funny, and allegorical. I saw one discussion thread about this entitled "King of Subtlety". This is so accurate since subtlety although intangible is very much present in this jdrama that I think it's a whole, well-developed character on its own. I mean, if you love Austen, you'll eat this up.

It has a very Japanese way of story-telling -- they present a theme and it plays out for the rest of the episode. And the theme is not the title, mind you. It's Kaneda's episodic allegory. Kaneda shows off his muscles to his revolving-door girlfriend, Kuwano shows up at a gym, gets injured, goes to see Natsumi where he says something like "personal physical development" but not for her to see when we all know he wants her to see. Kaneda says something about watching fireworks with the one you love, Kuwano invites Natsumi to watch fireworks with him complete with fancy meal, wine and opera glasses. Kaneda says something about protecting the one you love, Kuwano although seemingly forcibly recruited to protect Michiru, was really protecting Natsumi when he chased after her when he saw her running to confront Michiru's stalker at the restaurant.

I am also reminded of the anime, Sayonara Zetsoubo Sensei, as I think this jdrama employs subliminal messages as well. Case in point: starting episode 2, when they began developing the love angle between Kuwano and Natsumi, their scenes in the clinic were shot from across the examination bed. Except for one scene with Kuwano's mother, no other character interacting with Natsumi in that clinic had the same angle shot. Yet all clinic scenes between Kuwano and Natsumi showed the bed. Talk about subtlety they didn't even kiss in the entire series but sparks sizzled between them especially in those clinic scenes. There's also the movie that he eagerly awaited only to realize it was remake so he ended up not renting it. It's about that girl who was a facsimile of what he truly wanted, Natsumi. Then there's the spoon, which I haven't even begun to think about.

Everyone is lauding Abe Hiroshi's performance here. I think it is very much deserved. His Kuwano is on the thin line between being just a grumpy old know-it-all and being clinically diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. But as far as romantic leads go, the Kuwano character is not. That is why so many here question why he got 3 women attracted to him. To them, I venture to postulate that Kuwano brings out the nurturing nature of women; they want to take care of him. Still the thought of spending the rest of one's life married to Kuwano is like taking Sisyphus' place behind that infernal boulder, no thank you. My heart belongs to Yui Natsukawa. I l-o-v-e her! Her facial expressions are priceless. Her Natsumi is a great romantic lead, I wanted to give her a hug. If you don't fall in love with her in the end, "There's nothing I can do for you." Kuwano's mother is right, nobody will be good enough for her. Kuwano himself was right when he asked, "Am I good enough for you?"

All in all, this is a very good story, well-written, impeccably acted, artfully crafted, and aptly cast. No one overacted or underacted even the dog. They just did their job and it worked.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Sep 29th, '16, 06:12

I ignored this series thinking I didn't have interest in another marriage drama, but after watching it, I liked it a lot. Hiroshi is good at playing eccentric goofball. The actress who played the next door neighbor is very good looking and I don't think I've seen her in any other series. The work sidekick was also a good pick for that role.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Sep 29th, '16, 09:56

JackBauer2424 wrote:I ignored this series thinking I didn't have interest in another marriage drama, but after watching it, I liked it a lot. Hiroshi is good at playing eccentric goofball. The actress who played the next door neighbor is very good looking and I don't think I've seen her in any other series. The work sidekick was also a good pick for that role.
Ah, you mean Kuninaka Ryoko? If you've seen Hotaru no Hikari, she's Hotaru's love rival (of sorts). She's also in Date. She's Mukai Osamu's wife, they met in Hungry! and got married in 2014.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Oct 11th, '16, 09:52

I watched her in Gekiryuu Watashi wo Oboete Imasuka? which was not that bad.

superdevilgundam
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by superdevilgundam » Dec 9th, '16, 05:07

tunix_2008 wrote:I can't believe it took me 10 years to discover this jdrama. And I even took the long way around at that. I was watching some Korean-Chinese crossover movie on Red by HBO, which reminded me of Uhm Jung-hwa so I looked her up because I like her in Get Karl! Then I saw she starred in He Who Can't Marry (Korean version). So I started watching that when I read there was a Japanese version. I knew I had to see the jdrama first because IMO Japanese version is always, always better than Korean version. And now I'm here.

I really love this that I ended up binge-watching it right off bat. It's simple, funny, and allegorical. I saw one discussion thread about this entitled "King of Subtlety". This is so accurate since subtlety although intangible is very much present in this jdrama that I think it's a whole, well-developed character on its own. I mean, if you love Austen, you'll eat this up.

It has a very Japanese way of story-telling -- they present a theme and it plays out for the rest of the episode. And the theme is not the title, mind you. It's Kaneda's episodic allegory. Kaneda shows off his muscles to his revolving-door girlfriend, Kuwano shows up at a gym, gets injured, goes to see Natsumi where he says something like "personal physical development" but not for her to see when we all know he wants her to see. Kaneda says something about watching fireworks with the one you love, Kuwano invites Natsumi to watch fireworks with him complete with fancy meal, wine and opera glasses. Kaneda says something about protecting the one you love, Kuwano although seemingly forcibly recruited to protect Michiru, was really protecting Natsumi when he chased after her when he saw her running to confront Michiru's stalker at the restaurant.

I am also reminded of the anime, Sayonara Zetsoubo Sensei, as I think this jdrama employs subliminal messages as well. Case in point: starting episode 2, when they began developing the love angle between Kuwano and Natsumi, their scenes in the clinic were shot from across the examination bed. Except for one scene with Kuwano's mother, no other character interacting with Natsumi in that clinic had the same angle shot. Yet all clinic scenes between Kuwano and Natsumi showed the bed. Talk about subtlety they didn't even kiss in the entire series but sparks sizzled between them especially in those clinic scenes. There's also the movie that he eagerly awaited only to realize it was remake so he ended up not renting it. It's about that girl who was a facsimile of what he truly wanted, Natsumi. Then there's the spoon, which I haven't even begun to think about.

Everyone is lauding Abe Hiroshi's performance here. I think it is very much deserved. His Kuwano is on the thin line between being just a grumpy old know-it-all and being clinically diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. But as far as romantic leads go, the Kuwano character is not. That is why so many here question why he got 3 women attracted to him. To them, I venture to postulate that Kuwano brings out the nurturing nature of women; they want to take care of him. Still the thought of spending the rest of one's life married to Kuwano is like taking Sisyphus' place behind that infernal boulder, no thank you. My heart belongs to Yui Natsukawa. I l-o-v-e her! Her facial expressions are priceless. Her Natsumi is a great romantic lead, I wanted to give her a hug. If you don't fall in love with her in the end, "There's nothing I can do for you." Kuwano's mother is right, nobody will be good enough for her. Kuwano himself was right when he asked, "Am I good enough for you?"

All in all, this is a very good story, well-written, impeccably acted, artfully crafted, and aptly cast. No one overacted or underacted even the dog. They just did their job and it worked.
wow...your analysis is great! ive been watching kdo every year for the past 10 years (its my favorite show :P ), and i never thought about what you posted. glad you finally got to watch this show! i watched the korean version after kdo but for some reason i didnt like it as much. i think its because i felt that the koreans were just copying everything and were trying hard to make it more quirky. kdo is what made me become an abe hiroshi fan for life :P hopefully you try watching his other works.

ansyahansyah

Post by ansyahansyah » Oct 24th, '19, 01:28

There is new series mada kekkon dekinai otoko,,,,abe hiroshi is still single,,hehehe its the continues of this serial rigth??

shigechan

Post by shigechan » Oct 24th, '19, 09:28

Yes, Season 2 of "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko", one of the best comedy dramas ever, started on October 8th, 2019!

snk073
Russia

Post by snk073 » Nov 12th, '19, 14:27

Hi,

Could anybody translate ongoing of Mada Kekkon Dekinai Otoko? Unfortunately, my Japanese knowledge is not that good to build a fansub..(((
Thanks!)

Gir

Post by Gir » Nov 12th, '19, 15:34

snk073 wrote: Nov 12th, '19, 14:27 Hi,

Could anybody translate ongoing of Mada Kekkon Dekinai Otoko? Unfortunately, my Japanese knowledge is not that good to build a fansub..(((
Thanks!)
Blitz Fansub are doing it, you have to get them from their website.

snk073
Russia

Post by snk073 » Nov 12th, '19, 20:32

Gir wrote: Nov 12th, '19, 15:34 Blitz Fansub are doing it, you have to get them from their website.
Yeah, I see. Thanks!
But actually they have translated two episodes only. And 6 episodes already broadcasted. I have already saw it and strongly waiting for the proper translation. As I am not that sure, that I understand all correctly.
Anyway, looking for their job and waiting their new translations.)

arnel98

Post by arnel98 » Nov 25th, '19, 23:57

Just noticed there's a sequel for Kekkon Dekinai Otoko... Looking forward to watching it all :-)