What is your favorite Takuya Kimura Drama Series

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Nov 19th, '09, 12:04

What's your favorite Kimura dorama? Take this poll! :lol

http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2009/ ... -poll-1-2/

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Dec 1st, '09, 06:29

Long vacation is a beautiful drama that introduce me to Takuya.. But after watching some others drama he played, well I should say that PRIDE is the best..

Black4Clover

Post by Black4Clover » Dec 1st, '09, 07:22

As for me, Pride is the best drama!!!!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Dec 1st, '09, 20:30

I had to vote for Long Vacation. Love that drama! Pride started out well, and I loved him in it. However the rest of the drama gives me an unbearable desire to see Aki beaten to death on the hockey ice... maybe used for a puck. :alcoholic: Oh well, he and Sakaguchi Kenji were totally worth the horror of her.

OnlyWish

Post by OnlyWish » Dec 1st, '09, 20:39

Beautiful Life, Pride, & Long Vacation :]

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Dec 1st, '09, 21:56

for me the first ever drama i watched for kimura takuya was gift i like the plot but i didn't like the series for me ma best kimu taku drama
1- pride
2- engine
3- million stras fallin from the sky
4-good luck
5- mr brain

and i didn't like change alot it was kinda normal and i hated hero even it got abe hiroshi
i watched most of kimura's work long vacation and love generation but ma top 5 that i mension up there

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:51

'Beautiful Life' is still my favorite. Maybe because it actually made me tear up and I liked the depth of his emotions in that one.

Fumei

Post by Fumei » Dec 2nd, '09, 09:12

I have only seen Mr. Brain en CHANGE... so if I look at those two pieces I would say Mr. Brain! I really had some fun watching that serie! But when I saw change I hated it after seeing the first episode. I just couldn't get into the drama... So after watching 2 episodes I quit watching it ^^;

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Dec 3rd, '09, 09:47

kuro570 wrote:
garnet07 wrote:There's always gonna be haters!! Anyways, if you don't like him, why are you guys even posting in a thread all about Kimura Takuya?

I keep reading some of people's comments that he can't act and always plays same role .... and you guys wonder why most if not all of his dramas are top rated. Well because he has the charisma that pulls audiences to the screen and make them root for his characters even when he's the bad guy. He makes his roles seem so natural and that's probably why you think he's always portraying the same type of person.

He is the reason why I started watching Japanese dramas to begin with ... first Jdorama ever was Beautiful Life and it's still my favorite to this day.
No seriously this guy acts the same, its not because he makes it seem natural its because he really does act the same in every drama. Lets take Nagase Tomoya, he usually plays as some sort of tough guy but he could play this naturally in serious dramas or even play a witty tough guy and be funny like in IWGP, he also played the role of a tough moronic yakuza like in My Boss My Hero. Those two examples show how you can be the same but add variation to your acting.

On the other hand you have Kimura here who always and I mean ALWAYS act as the smart, kool, laid back, loner, mysterious guy that attracts the most insane of girls. Now in terms of liking him, I do cause he is a good actor but the lack of variation in roles is a kinda let down because when you see his name in a drama you pretty much know how he would act and he becomes pretty much predictable. Unless you like predictable dramas and acting then its perfect for you but I for one like to see what type of acting a particular actor/actress would be like in various dramas, like Ayase Haruka from Byakuyakou, to Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu. the acting here is miles apart from each other and shows her skills to play a variety of roles.

Now I like him but I wouldn't say he's the best compared to many other actors like Nagase, Yamada, Ohno Satoshi. Also if your into him mainly for his looks (which there is nothing wrong with that) then you miss out some of the key points of being a good actor. I mean I won't lie and say I never watched a whole drama I didn't like because an actress was hawt, like the girl in Kimi Hannin but I wouldn't say shes the best.. at all just for that. A good actor/actress in my mind is someone who can play their role convincingly, naturally, can sport themselves in various types of dramas and who basically can keep me from guessing their actions, and being attractive does help as well but not always as some of my favorite are kinda... old like Yonekura Ryoko ><
I probably have watched more Jdoramas than you. I do think I know what a good actor is supposed to be like. I'm a fan of Nagase, Yamada and only seen Maou for Ohno Satoshi. They're all talented in acting in their own way. But it's still miles for them to catch up on what Kimura has accomplished over the past years. I personally don't find Kimura that attractive (a bit too skinny haha), but it is undeniable that he has charisma and versatility when it comes to acting. You should watch his darker roles all the way (not just first 2 episodes) and say that he isn't a good actor.

Aahahh whatever, an anti will always be an anti who doesn't acknowledge no matter what.

To repeat: what are you doing in a Kimura thread when you don't like the actor? :glare:

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Dec 3rd, '09, 11:27

i agree with garnet07 i think so too there is many good actors but i also think kimu aku since he start doing dramas since 1996 he became more proffesional and ya he is too skinny but still attractive
i do really feel respect towards him
i enjoyed most of his dorama

he add someting to the role that he plays a lil bit of kimutaku charm
about maou i watched the korean versin by joo ji hun ( the devil or mowang ) but i didn't watch japanese version can any one tell me which version was better i like korean one even it was 20 epi
watching k drama : IRIS, HERO waiting for the english sub if any one can tell me from where i can get it and for j dorama : LIAR GAME 2

shigusa

Post by shigusa » Dec 3rd, '09, 12:28

I love all his works and I think he's a wonderful actor and an handsome man.
My favourite Takuya's drama are Pride,when i first saw it i felt in love with him,and Takeuchi Yuko is so sweet and she was(is)so pretty.
Second best for me is Long Vacation:They both were a very good couple .
A Million Stars Falling From the Sky:he was so wonderfully scary and tremendously attractive.
Beautiful Life,it was a bitter sweet story.
Karei-naru Ichizoku:Teppei is the best!!
Finally i think that he's a natural talent,Takuya-kun is a great actor,a good singer and and of course a charming and very charismatic man :heart:

yobebi

Post by yobebi » Dec 4th, '09, 14:08

ryoko11 wrote:I had to vote for Long Vacation. Love that drama! Pride started out well, and I loved him in it. However the rest of the drama gives me an unbearable desire to see Aki beaten to death on the hockey ice... maybe used for a puck. :alcoholic: Oh well, he and Sakaguchi Kenji were totally worth the horror of her.
I so agree with you. He was hot in Pride, no question about that. But I seriously wanted to strangle Aki after the first few episodes. :crazy: That girl needed a backbone placed into her.

I only saw Long Vacation a few months back, and I still get giddy everytime my sister and I would make references to it. It had an okay story, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people moved out and got their own apartments after watching it [in hopes that they'd get a roommate like Sena] I also loved the other characters, Minami, animal Shinji and Momoko. The soundtrack's pretty impressive also, with gems like the Cagnet tracks. Now,Long Vacation is one of the dramas I highly recommend to my friends.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Dec 7th, '09, 13:00

yobebi wrote:It had an okay story, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people moved out and got their own apartments after watching it [in hopes that they'd get a roommate like Sena] I also loved the other characters, Minami, animal Shinji and Momoko. The soundtrack's pretty impressive also, with gems like the Cagnet tracks. Now,Long Vacation is one of the dramas I highly recommend to my friends.
My Japanese friend told me that the mansion has now become a tourist destination. People from all over the country want to come and take a look at "THE" mansion where Sena and Minami lived. The place is called Sena-Man (Man from Mansion) or something. I also remember reading that the show started a trend of Japanese men dating with an older girlfriends. I guess those young Japanese boys back then wanted to find a roommate like Minami while those older Japanese women wanted to find a guy like Sena. That's how big the show was/is in Japan.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 13th, '10, 19:54

garnet07 wrote:
kuro570 wrote:
garnet07 wrote:There's always gonna be haters!! Anyways, if you don't like him, why are you guys even posting in a thread all about Kimura Takuya?

I keep reading some of people's comments that he can't act and always plays same role .... and you guys wonder why most if not all of his dramas are top rated. Well because he has the charisma that pulls audiences to the screen and make them root for his characters even when he's the bad guy. He makes his roles seem so natural and that's probably why you think he's always portraying the same type of person.

He is the reason why I started watching Japanese dramas to begin with ... first Jdorama ever was Beautiful Life and it's still my favorite to this day.
No seriously this guy acts the same, its not because he makes it seem natural its because he really does act the same in every drama. Lets take Nagase Tomoya, he usually plays as some sort of tough guy but he could play this naturally in serious dramas or even play a witty tough guy and be funny like in IWGP, he also played the role of a tough moronic yakuza like in My Boss My Hero. Those two examples show how you can be the same but add variation to your acting.

On the other hand you have Kimura here who always and I mean ALWAYS act as the smart, kool, laid back, loner, mysterious guy that attracts the most insane of girls. Now in terms of liking him, I do cause he is a good actor but the lack of variation in roles is a kinda let down because when you see his name in a drama you pretty much know how he would act and he becomes pretty much predictable. Unless you like predictable dramas and acting then its perfect for you but I for one like to see what type of acting a particular actor/actress would be like in various dramas, like Ayase Haruka from Byakuyakou, to Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu. the acting here is miles apart from each other and shows her skills to play a variety of roles.

Now I like him but I wouldn't say he's the best compared to many other actors like Nagase, Yamada, Ohno Satoshi. Also if your into him mainly for his looks (which there is nothing wrong with that) then you miss out some of the key points of being a good actor. I mean I won't lie and say I never watched a whole drama I didn't like because an actress was hawt, like the girl in Kimi Hannin but I wouldn't say shes the best.. at all just for that. A good actor/actress in my mind is someone who can play their role convincingly, naturally, can sport themselves in various types of dramas and who basically can keep me from guessing their actions, and being attractive does help as well but not always as some of my favorite are kinda... old like Yonekura Ryoko ><
I probably have watched more Jdoramas than you. I do think I know what a good actor is supposed to be like. I'm a fan of Nagase, Yamada and only seen Maou for Ohno Satoshi. They're all talented in acting in their own way. But it's still miles for them to catch up on what Kimura has accomplished over the past years. I personally don't find Kimura that attractive (a bit too skinny haha), but it is undeniable that he has charisma and versatility when it comes to acting. You should watch his darker roles all the way (not just first 2 episodes) and say that he isn't a good actor.

Aahahh whatever, an anti will always be an anti who doesn't acknowledge no matter what.

To repeat: what are you doing in a Kimura thread when you don't like the actor? :glare:
I know this is really really old but I just had to come back to it after I read over some stuff. For one I'll like to make a correction of I actually did watch "Gift" up to episode 5 and that even if anyone cant stick with a drama past 2-3 episodes its pretty much a given that it couldn't even interest them enough to go further. Second I don't know how you think you've watched more dramas than me or what you based that off and don't really care if you have or haven't. We're basically fighting each other with nothing more than opinion of one actor vs another

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 20th, '10, 08:25

To be honest KT's Long Vacation was the very first drama that got me watching Japanese tv series again in yearssssss...... Yes, I did watch the late 70's & mid 80's (damnit giving away my age......) Japanese series and suddenly stopped until Long Vacation. Oddly enough i loved it! At that time I didnt even think KT was that good looking, friends around me were lusting over him like bitches on heat!! hahaha crude I know but its true :P
Then I started watching other series like Beach Boys etc etc which I also enjoyed immensely, but somehow I always went back to KT's... Then Love Generation came on, my God he had me glued to the telly... in a few years he'd matured and looked cooler.. He definitely has this aura that sucks you in, especially women... Even I started to say he's not bad looking and I just love his voice, deep, manish and very distinctive especially the way he speaks his voice goes up and down making it very interesting to listen to.

To some of you in here who may not find him all that talented, thats fine w/ me, there will always be better actors then him. Also, he may not be the most good looking guy according to you but we all have different tastes if not we'd be killing each other! Certainly, he was way too skinny in his younger days, he really doesnt hv the best bode but what he doesnt hv he makes up for it with his incredible skill in seducing you with his poses & he's piercing eyes as he plays around the camera.... Yes, hes good damn good..... To me he was at his prime of gorgeousness when he hit 30 thru' to 35, body looking more buffed & an oozing sexy maturity in him... (could be coz he's already a father of two by then). Now as he approaches 40, you can see slowly the aging process, still looking good but the years of work and ridiculous amount of smoking is starting to take a toll on him.

Jeez, im really rambling here..... I think i was just suppose to post my favourite KT's series in this thread right? Well, here goes for all the series ive watched of his 1 being my favourite:

1. Sleeping Forest (deep... brilliant acting from KT)
2. Long Vacation/Love Generation
3. Gift
4. A million stars falling from the sky
5. Beautiful Life (i was sobbing like crazy)
6. Pride/Good Luck/Engine
7. Mr. Brain/Change/Grand Family
8. Hero/Hero SP/Hero - movie
9. Concerto (not sure if thats the name)
10.Moon Lover (now that was a total disappointment but it wasnt because of KT's acting)

I would really love to see KT in a drama role where he no longer plays a cool playboy... Maybe, a guy w/ marriage or family problems. Something like Brothers & Sisters & Parenthood that I watch from the States. However, one thing KT should always continue to do is his onscreen kissing, damn he is "the best" if not "the only" good Asian onscreen kisser... Oh yeah n keep the bed scenes too cant complain about that :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 23rd, '10, 21:06

Really a long time since I read this whole thread. Funny how people get so hot under the collar about Takuya Kimura.
I have always admired Kimura and it goes back to the days when he was in his teens. I think I have been able to watch everything he ever did acting. Except the theatre plays.

I liked all his dramas and some I really loved.Some that I was not so excited about I found were more interesting after seeing them again months later. Some I was in the deepest admiration as soon as I saw them. I would watch, and do watch, his ODA NOBUNAGA anytime. He was just perfect in that character. Just the right age to do a young Nobunaga...and I would dearly like to see him play the role again as an older man and with the character being the older warrior as well.

I also like 'Chuusingura' and it is the right story for a samurai epic. Any time Kimura puts on the samurai clothing he becomes the essential Japanese traditional man. Even tho he was the humble low clan samurai in 'Bushi no Ichibun', he was perfection. Playing a blind man is not easy and reading about his preparations for the role was most fascinating.
He is a strong kendo man but his trying to fight with a blindfold to get the 'feeling' of being sightless was so painful because the teacher did not spare him. Kimura is a very thorough in his reaching for the right way to play a scene.

Kimura has such a strong personality that he is like any of the earlier Western film stars. They are actors but they are'stars' in their own persona. They will never disolve into a role completely. That is why people keep saying Kimura plays the same thing. He actually plays a totally different character with every role, but because he is Kimura that is what most people will see. Well ...who do you see when you watch Marlon Brando or as someone said before, Al Pacino. I won't even mention Cruise(as a samurai????)
Brad 'whosis'? is also the same person even when he goes blond and wears a short flippy kilt. Was it Troy? anyway the point is they all remain themselves and it must be very difficult to submerge completely into a role. I think Kimura does it very well.

Asunaro was a breakout for him but not the first drama or film. His total body of work is quite impressive.
The wonderful thing is that there is more than the actor in Kimura. He does comedy on TV and he appreciates other artists for their talents. He will tackle anything they ask him to do.
I would not be able to choose a favourite. I love them all in varying degrees
I am totally biased..I love Takuya Kimura from way back.

Peg

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 24th, '10, 02:50

Peggy wrote:Really a long time since I read this whole thread. Funny how people get so hot under the collar about Takuya Kimura.
I have always admired Kimura and it goes back to the days when he was in his teens. I think I have been able to watch everything he ever did acting. Except the theatre plays.

I liked all his dramas and some I really loved.Some that I was not so excited about I found were more interesting after seeing them again months later. Some I was in the deepest admiration as soon as I saw them. I would watch, and do watch, his ODA NOBUNAGA anytime. He was just perfect in that character. Just the right age to do a young Nobunaga...and I would dearly like to see him play the role again as an older man and with the character being the older warrior as well.

I also like 'Chuusingura' and it is the right story for a samurai epic. Any time Kimura puts on the samurai clothing he becomes the essential Japanese traditional man. Even tho he was the humble low clan samurai in 'Bushi no Ichibun', he was perfection. Playing a blind man is not easy and reading about his preparations for the role was most fascinating.
He is a strong kendo man but his trying to fight with a blindfold to get the 'feeling' of being sightless was so painful because the teacher did not spare him. Kimura is a very thorough in his reaching for the right way to play a scene.

Kimura has such a strong personality that he is like any of the earlier Western film stars. They are actors but they are'stars' in their own persona. They will never disolve into a role completely. That is why people keep saying Kimura plays the same thing. He actually plays a totally different character with every role, but because he is Kimura that is what most people will see. Well ...who do you see when you watch Marlon Brando or as someone said before, Al Pacino. I won't even mention Cruise(as a samurai????)
Brad 'whosis'? is also the same person even when he goes blond and wears a short flippy kilt. Was it Troy? anyway the point is they all remain themselves and it must be very difficult to submerge completely into a role. I think Kimura does it very well.

Asunaro was a breakout for him but not the first drama or film. His total body of work is quite impressive.
The wonderful thing is that there is more than the actor in Kimura. He does comedy on TV and he appreciates other artists for their talents. He will tackle anything they ask him to do.
I would not be able to choose a favourite. I love them all in varying degrees
I am totally biased..I love Takuya Kimura from way back.

Peg
Peg, you are spot on and I totally agree with what you posted! All actors carry their own personality and style in their acting or even singing that doesn't mean that they are only one-sided. Its something for us to identify them by... How many time have each and everyone of us have said oh that's "so so and so style of acting??" I may not have follow KT as long as you have but I've seen enough of his works to know he is an extremely hard working and talented actor. Love and Honour was one of the latest I've watched of his and Ienjoyed how the storyline was simple and the production was not over board but instead it chose to focus on the acting talent of the actors/actresses. KT played it brilliantly as a blind Samurai and he was definitely not cast as a playboy or as the handsome man in it. It was purely on his acting and acting alone & yes did we see just a little of his "style" in him of course..

I will continue to watch his dramas, movies and everything else he does just simply because I truly enjoy watching him act.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 24th, '10, 03:27

:-) curly curls,

Just once I would like to ride on one of those large ferries across the harbour to Macau.

It always looked so fresh in the breeze and rather exciting. Well in the next life... 8)

Peg

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 24th, '10, 03:51

Peggy wrote::-) curly curls,

Just once I would like to ride on one of those large ferries across the harbour to Macau.

It always looked so fresh in the breeze and rather exciting. Well in the next life... 8)

Peg
Hi Peg

I dont think we have those big ferries anymore... Have you been here before? Things have changed a lot!

Hahaha you are always welcomed here!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 24th, '10, 04:00

Ah no I have never been to you neck of the world. Stupid me. I could have gone with my husband on one of his business trips. always had something to keep me here. Should have gone should have gone :-(

I am sure everything changes all over the world but sometimes the old things manage to remain. I bet if they started those ferries up just for tourists they would make money.

Peg :-)

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 24th, '10, 04:05

Peggy wrote:Ah no I have never been to you neck of the world. Stupid me. I could have gone with my husband on one of his business trips. always had something to keep me here. Should have gone should have gone :-(

I am sure everything changes all over the world but sometimes the old things manage to remain. I bet if they started those ferries up just for tourists they would make money.

Peg :-)
You never know maybe one day you'll get a chance! So you are at the West/Central or East side of the States?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 24th, '10, 05:36

West Coast now Have lived east, west and middle and Atlantic states. Never grew much moss.

My travelling days are over. I like my little cave these days. 8)

Peg

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 24th, '10, 06:41

Peggy wrote:West Coast now Have lived east, west and middle and Atlantic states. Never grew much moss.

My travelling days are over. I like my little cave these days. 8)

Peg
Awww thats a shame about traveling.. I still love it but nothing like home sweet home... West coast nice no wonder you were still on line it would have still been pretty early.
The last time I was out on the West coast was back in '95!!

Have you been reading about the lad's concert maybe(not) cancel in Shanghai (posted in Kimura's thread)? Feel so bad for them, they have worked their arses off to try to get concerts going outside their home land just to be struck down, this time because of political reason over a Chinese fisherman that the Japanese authority have in custody. Come on guys switch venues and come over to my turf instead, yeah even though HK/Macau are technically in China, chances are we wouldnt have such a big problem w/ the current situation! China is being awfully firm this time and if Japan doesnt back down theres going to be problems.