[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Dec 10th, '06, 01:35

i think that person is a girl, normally, a guy wouldnt bother doing something as stupid as this, not that all girls do but there're some exceptions lol XD

Geisha

Post by Geisha » Dec 11th, '06, 21:27

r3n wrote:so who will going to do the subtitles?
well, NYA fansubbs is on board for the project. so now the question is at what PACE they'll be released..... 'coz i don't want to watch it raw, but i know i won't be able to wait any longer!!!!

BTW, when were they in NYC? i live, and study here WTF?!?!?! i wanted to see them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need someone to kick me in the head... i should have known better, imagine a REAL picture of them, like... LIVE!!

omg, i'm so disappointed in myself........ sniff

Pao

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 11th, '06, 21:55

*AHEM*

We're going to challenge ourselves and attempt to go back to our weekly pace in regards to HYD2 releasing.

Since we know what a wait there is for this one... and we'll be just as pumped... (Heck I'm excited about the thought of being able to watch it on TV in Japan!!!)

himekohimura
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by himekohimura » Dec 11th, '06, 22:27

Yes~ Weekly releases~ We'll get it out weekly even if it kills me~

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Dec 12th, '06, 12:36

Huh?

did I get that wrong? You'll release a sub every week?

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 12th, '06, 12:55

That is the goal. Is there a problem with that?
Alot of groups try to do that.

(And don't complain about slow releases, because we did the weekly thing before with HYD1. Our 'slownesss' stems from my lack of energy to sit down and edit while I'm having the time of my life in Japan. Problem is being fixed though.)

champloojay

:|

Post by champloojay » Dec 12th, '06, 13:39

i hope HYD2 doesnt turn out like StandUp cause i loved that show NYA never finished:(

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 12th, '06, 13:47

Excuse me.... I am in charge of StandUp, and you're barking up the wrong tree.
*Girl on PMS right now*

StandUp WILL BE FINISHED. Episode six is in QC right now. I'm giving up alot of my personal life right now to get it finished because of whiners complaing about StandUp, so no more complaining!!!!

HanaDan WILL be done, and it will be done weekly if not bi-weekly. IT WILL BE DONE. Say no more about SLOWNESS or I will KILL.

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Dec 12th, '06, 16:21

meiohsetsuna wrote:That is the goal. Is there a problem with that?
Alot of groups try to do that.

(And don't complain about slow releases, because we did the weekly thing before with HYD1. Our 'slownesss' stems from my lack of energy to sit down and edit while I'm having the time of my life in Japan. Problem is being fixed though.)
I didnt thought that it "can" be released do quickly... Im not talking about slowness at all, I respect you a lot , and all the fansubbers out there, doing your/their best to sub doramas.

Its even harder to "waste" the precious time by sitting at computer and editing subs while you're actually in Japan, I believe you that! Anyway have a good time there, Id be killing to be right there now u know :-)

emrams

Post by emrams » Dec 12th, '06, 16:51

So excited for this. I thank HYD for bringing me into the Drama community. The second one better rock! I am sure it will...

meiohsetsuna/himekohimura, are you guys thinking of releasing 350 or 700 mb eps? I really love the work that NYA does. I think I am watching every project that you are releasing at the moment, and the ones from the past I have DL'd as well...

Anyway, thanks for taking on this project and I look forward to the others too!:wub:

And champloojay can you please refrain from those kinds of comments? It is actually a rule you know, if you even read any when you signed up. Did they ever announce that they were dropping it? No. People making comments like you are will only hinder the team, it won't make the releases come out faster. So have some patience! You're not the only person waiting for the subs you know. They will be out when they are done. I don't know how many times this has been posted but: Subbers have lives too!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 12th, '06, 19:09

Anyone get a photo of them when they were shooting in the flatiron building on Dec 1st?

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 12th, '06, 22:29

emrams wrote: meiohsetsuna/himekohimura, are you guys thinking of releasing 350 or 700 mb eps? I really love the work that NYA does. I think I am watching every project that you are releasing at the moment, and the ones from the past I have DL'd as well...
More than likely they will be 700mb, but it also depends on the size of the raws. We'll be working with the weekly released raws, so...
Our version two of HYD1 is from DVD raws... plus we fixed all our little errors.... ^^;;

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Dec 13th, '06, 02:19

Here's what the official website says about episode 1.
Tsukushi is now in 3rd year of senior high school at Eitoku. Graduation is coming soon. She's wondering if she'll start working or go to University. As always, at home, the Makinos are struggling with poverty. However, Tsukushi remains cheerful, though the school is getting boring since the F4 graduated. On top of that, her classmates' attitude is returning to cold little by little.

One year ago, Tsukushi and Domyoji pledged their love to each other and were separated. Domyoji is now studying abroad in NY. At first, they mailed each other often, but she didn't hear from him since about six months. Feeling unsure, Tsukushi is wondering if she should just forget about him...

One day, her childhood best friend, Yuki, invites her to a former students meeting from college. Tsukushi meets the cousin of a classmate, Junpei. He's new at Eitoku and admires Tsukushi. The next day, she meets in again on school grounds. He tells her : I want to be your boyfriend. Confused, Tsukushi gets dragged in his pace.

Suddenly, it's a nightmare : Although it shouldn't be with Domyoji gone, Tsukushi finds a red card in her locker. Because of it, she's bullied again. Tsukushi hears that it's an order from Domyoji, but she can't believe it. Pushed by Rui to make sure of her feelings for Domyoji, Tsukushi sets off to NY...
The cast is also the same, except, according to a word of the producer, the role of Domyoji's fiance. It will be Natsuki Kato. According to jdorama, though, she will play Shigeru (the only fiance of Domyoji in the manga), not Kurimaki.

Only 24 days until the show! Something to expect after Christmas!

kawaiineemei

Post by kawaiineemei » Dec 13th, '06, 02:25

HYD2 next month!~ yay!!!!!!!

im so excited~!

zaq

Post by zaq » Dec 13th, '06, 05:06

thanks guys for the updates!!! :D reviewing season 1 now... cant wait!!!!

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Here's Mao-chan and Shun-kun in NY

Post by trunkims » Dec 13th, '06, 07:27

So those who are asking "When were they in NY... and such" there's a new post on YouTube WITH SUBS for those who need them....it's a clip showing who was in NY and some scenes from the next season AHHHH SO EXCITED!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NszcHchOV6c

Check it out!! It showed on the 5th so I take it it must have been the 4th here so just about a week ago since they were in NY

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Dec 13th, '06, 10:03

trunkims, thanks for the link, I just watched it. I don't understand why Jun isn't in NY though, thought he's supposed to be there as well. "Ping Pong" in Times Square hehe.. cute!

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 13th, '06, 10:10

Yah I wanted to know why Hanazawa and Tsukushi are being filmed in NY and not Tsukushi and Doumyouji... that sounds so backwards from the plot they've got lined up... >.<

And something about Jun's hair looks way different this time... did it get... worse...?

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Dec 13th, '06, 10:38

Yeah Jun looks kind of different, and Oguri is sooo funny with those ear warmers :lol
very girlish

Geisha

Post by Geisha » Dec 13th, '06, 19:17

Ruysdael wrote:Here's what the official website says about episode 1.
Tsukushi is now in 3rd year of senior high school at Eitoku. Graduation is coming soon. She's wondering if she'll start working or go to University. As always, at home, the Makinos are struggling with poverty. However, Tsukushi remains cheerful, though the school is getting boring since the F4 graduated. On top of that, her classmates' attitude is returning to cold little by little.

One year ago, Tsukushi and Domyoji pledged their love to each other and were separated. Domyoji is now studying abroad in NY. At first, they mailed each other often, but she didn't hear from him since about six months. Feeling unsure, Tsukushi is wondering if she should just forget about him...

One day, her childhood best friend, Yuki, invites her to a former students meeting from college. Tsukushi meets the cousin of a classmate, Junpei. He's new at Eitoku and admires Tsukushi. The next day, she meets in again on school grounds. He tells her : I want to be your boyfriend. Confused, Tsukushi gets dragged in his pace.

Suddenly, it's a nightmare : Although it shouldn't be with Domyoji gone, Tsukushi finds a red card in her locker. Because of it, she's bullied again. Tsukushi hears that it's an order from Domyoji, but she can't believe it. Pushed by Rui to make sure of her feelings for Domyoji, Tsukushi sets off to NY...
The cast is also the same, except, according to a word of the producer, the role of Domyoji's fiance. It will be Natsuki Kato. According to jdorama, though, she will play Shigeru (the only fiance of Domyoji in the manga), not Kurimaki.

Only 24 days until the show! Something to expect after Christmas!

why?

why did you have to post this!!!! :hissy: i didn't want to know anything!!! but i had to read it!!!!!!

why can't i control myself!!!!
:cussing: anyway........... who's jumpei going to be played by? the kid from stand up!! right?

he's not so goodlooking..............

can't wait!!!!

anyone waitting for GOONG 2???

so many good dramas, so little time ......... damn you school!!!

Pao

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Dec 13th, '06, 19:50

I cant wait to see this! I hope its as good as the first one! o and thanks 4 the vid.

goong 2! I cant wait 2 see it! i heard se7en in going to be in it rite? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Dec 13th, '06, 20:05

Sorry for this big a spoiler. I should have said it was very complete.

Junpei will be played by Toma Ikuta. I didn't see Stand up, but he doesn't seem to be part of it. Most recently, he was Kazuya Sawamura in Asuka e... and played in Neverland, Love & Peace, Dekabeya, and Hito ni yasashiku.

For those who might want more details (this time, it's about the casting, and doesn't spoil much, but just in case) :

On the website, it says that Toma Ikuta is a guest star in episode one. It could mean he won't be there hereafter. Domyoji Tsubaki is mentionned as a special appearance. As for Sakurako, it says she's playing a friend role.
You can expect the old cast to be the same... Unless some accident occur. It's hard to check for minor roles, but I think even the evil Eitoku trio will stay the same.

So, only two new characters are in for now : Shigeru (Natsuki Kato) and Junpei (Toma Ikuta). The official site doesn't mention anybody else.

shama129

Post by shama129 » Dec 13th, '06, 21:13

OMG THEY WERE IN NEW YORK AND I MISSED THEM? i can't believe they were so close and i missed my chance to c them. i live five mintues ride on the subway from times square. now i know what they when they say"so close yet so far"
i can't wait for season 2. been looking forward to this for soo loong.

now excuse me while i go hang myself for missing my chance to see oguri. it feeels even worse when u know u had a chance to meet em but miised it.

himekohimura
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by himekohimura » Dec 14th, '06, 23:30

The boy from Stand Up! that you're probably talking about is MatsuJun's bandmate, Ninomiya Kazunari (or nino for short). There was a big thing going around that Nino was going to be playing in the newest HYD, but I guess the role was casted to Ikuta Toma *loves on toma*

Scribble

Post by Scribble » Dec 15th, '06, 04:49

That pingpong clip was very good. What's cool about it is, it seems that the cast of HYD are genuinely nice people. Lmao.

nilu20

Post by nilu20 » Dec 15th, '06, 05:00

shama129 wrote:OMG THEY WERE IN NEW YORK AND I MISSED THEM? i can't believe they were so close and i missed my chance to c them. i live five mintues ride on the subway from times square. now i know what they when they say"so close yet so far"
i can't wait for season 2. been looking forward to this for soo loong.

now excuse me while i go hang myself for missing my chance to see oguri. it feeels even worse when u know u had a chance to meet em but miised it.

U R SOOOOOOO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could live in NY, but i can't :cry: Hope Matsujun is as adorable as in HYD Season 1. :wub:

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Dec 18th, '06, 08:44

Geisha wrote:au contraire mon amie!!

i think that matsujun is an awful actor. and he's not THAT good looking either.
and btw i like him. he's the reason why i have watched HYD like a million times!!!

his looks grow on you 'coz he's .... likable i guess.

i still remember the opening sequence when tsukushi is intrudicing the guys (this was my first time wathing a drama and the HYD story) ....and i knew she had to fall in love wit 2 guys..... mind you ... i actually had to pause it 'coz i didn't know which one was LESS ugly .... believe me not even oguri shun made the cut..... and i like him now as well.....

well, maybe i just find korean actors better looking.....

Pao

lol...I thought the same thing about the part when she was intrudicing the guys...I kept thinking you've got to be kidding me these guys can't be the F4...But, after a while watching the drama I understood why the director picked matsujun for the part to me he really bought out the dark mood swings that Tsukasa has in the actual manga version....So, yeah matsujun over time after watching the drama does bring Tsukasa character to life...As for everyone else in the series they seem to fit in well...

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Dec 19th, '06, 18:24

I'm sooo excited for season 2 :lol
I get to see more of F4 :wub:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Dec 19th, '06, 18:48

Tell me again, what is season 2 going to be about?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 19th, '06, 21:12

Geisha wrote:who's jumpei going to be played by? the kid from stand up!! right?

he's not so goodlooking............
eek! I hope you don't mean that Toma doesn't look good! he wasn't in stand up but he is playing junpei. i love him sooo much and i'm SOOOO excited to see him acting again!! he is so incredibly good in Akihabara@deep

thanks trunkims for the link!! that was such a pleasure to watch. i watched it w/o subs and i was wondering why they were all dancing.. they were playing ping pong LoL ^^;;

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Dec 22nd, '06, 02:25

Ep 1 will be 2h15min long and I just can't wait!! Dunno if i can ask this, but has any subbing team picked up HYD2? Me wonder if i'll be patient to resist watching w/o subs...

January come already!! :P

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 22nd, '06, 03:19

Ohlala, did you even go back and read this thread? o.O :unsure: This question has been answered before.

There will be two groups subbing this project seperatly; my group, Nya!Fansubs, and Amrayu's group, SARS. :whistling: 8)

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Dec 22nd, '06, 04:35

meiohsetsuna, gomenasai :pale: I didn't read the other pages :cry: Glad to hear about the subs though. Thank you!!

nilu20

Post by nilu20 » Dec 22nd, '06, 04:46

Can't wait.....Literally! I started counting down the days till it comes out. :P Hope the subs don't take forever. :P

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Dec 22nd, '06, 06:39

Commercials..... here's 2 commercials for HYD2 the first one you've probably seen but the 2nd one was new to me so I hope it's new to you too....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5S2bbg2l8

This one is a little news on HYD....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmxjO40YqIg

One more commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ej1ypyOymk

nilu20

Post by nilu20 » Dec 22nd, '06, 18:37

Arigatou!!! Matsumoto Jun is so kawaii. :wub: wish they had subbs though. :cry:

fijiwater

Post by fijiwater » Dec 24th, '06, 03:40

i cant wait!

bewitched1101

Hana Yori Dango Season 2 Question!!!

Post by bewitched1101 » Dec 24th, '06, 03:56

I know I am probably not the first to ask this question but please excuse me. I just wanted to know if anyone was doing Season 2 of Hana Yori Dango??? If so when do you think it will be available for downloading??? I just can't get enough of this drama!!!! lol Thanks Ya'll!!!!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 24th, '06, 03:59

^yes, it has been official that there will be a HYD Season 2~ and Toma will also be in it! :)

bewitched1101

Post by bewitched1101 » Dec 24th, '06, 04:47

Do you know when it will be available for us to seed/download??? I can't wait to see it! lol

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Dec 24th, '06, 05:17

it's not even out yet. the first episode is set to come out in January 2007. you'll see it then. =)

bewitched1101

Post by bewitched1101 » Dec 24th, '06, 14:15

ooooooooooooook thanks

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Dec 24th, '06, 21:09

HYD2!!!! I just can't wait to come out...i'm so excited that i'm going to cry...of happiness. We're going to see Mao-chan and Matsujun again weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen:

Miss World

Post by Miss World » Dec 24th, '06, 21:42

maaan, Jan 22 seems too far! I can't wait.. & I'm so greatful for Nya!Fansubs, and SARS for taking on the subs.. I love you guys :D you make it so much easier for us, the non-japanese speakers, to enjoy the shows :D

funki3

Post by funki3 » Dec 25th, '06, 16:19

i'm so anxious for this sequel to come out. i haven't watched any able to watch any other jdrama since hana yori dango..and i really need a jdrama soon. so i'm so excited. i just hope it doesn't end up like meteor garden 2, cause that would be too sad

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Dec 25th, '06, 16:20

I notice it seems no one has mention about the possible "Hana yori dango movie" that will be following the series later on... :blink

Does anyone have any news on what the movie version will be able? and if the same actors in the drama series will be in the movie version of it?...

I wonder if they will have Tsukushi Makino & Tsukasa Domyoji get married in the movie version are have it focus on them in college... 8)

funki3

Post by funki3 » Dec 25th, '06, 19:08

movie??? NO WAY!!! that would be soooooo awesome. i never heard that

sambuk

Christmas day special

Post by sambuk » Dec 25th, '06, 23:41

Hey, im NEEDING to know about the christmas day tokyo friends park special :D
Sorry if its seen as not but i class it as season 2 related:D

i know there was a HYD christmas day 2 hr special and ive been searching for HOURS. ALL DAY, trying to find the video. preferabely with english subs but i know thats unlikely to have been done by now. does anybody have the video, or somewhere it can be downloaded/watched. Eagerly awaiting a reply :D
CAN'T Wait for season 2!!1

indayze

Post by indayze » Dec 26th, '06, 01:06

There was an HYD xmas special too? o.O
What was it about?

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Dec 26th, '06, 01:14

Hmmm...I don't remember a christmas special...Maybe I will ask around about that on other threads as I search....Now, that I'm out of school for a week I have plenty of time to have some fun catching on old HYD threads... :D

Ruysdael

Hana yori dango movie

Post by Ruysdael » Dec 26th, '06, 03:15

There *was* a movie of Hana yori dango about 10 years ago. Tsukushi was played by Yuki Uchida (short haired... didn't really fit the manga image) and Domyoji by Shosuke Tahihara. http://www.jdorama.com/drama.729.htm

I stumbled upon a raw version of the movie (the sound was awfully bad, otherwise, I would have kept it). Basically, Tsukushi and Domyoji are students of the university (daigaku) Eitoku. She gets angry at him for some reason and that's how the war starts. The story follows the manga more or less, and uses some lines from it, but it's quite different from the dorama.

Only 9 days more of waiting!

sambuk

Christmas special

Post by sambuk » Dec 26th, '06, 10:54

i fdound this on a few sites; 12/25 is the Tokyo Friends Park special. 2 hours with F4 & makino. its on the hana yori dango 2 tbs site aswell but i cant seem to find it anywhere. i cant read much about it on the tbs site because i cant read anywhere near that level of japnese : |

does anyone know anything or even bwetter; know where i can watch it :D

CarolL

Re: Christmas special

Post by CarolL » Dec 27th, '06, 06:12

12/25/06 Tokyo Friends Park Special with HYD 2 Cast

On this site for download:

http://community.livejournal.com/hanayoridango/

heerowing

Post by heerowing » Dec 27th, '06, 06:26

that series is short but so so good man

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Dec 27th, '06, 09:16

CarolL wrote:12/25/06 Tokyo Friends Park Special with HYD 2 Cast

any eng sub for this one??

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 27th, '06, 17:12

baby_shin wrote:
CarolL wrote:12/25/06 Tokyo Friends Park Special with HYD 2 Cast

any eng sub for this one??
Not yet, it just came out on Christmas 2006. Probably in few days, it'll have the subs for it.

remoted

Post by remoted » Dec 27th, '06, 19:28

I found this cute clip of the cast hanging out in New York. There is a little scene with them gospel singing.

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Dec 28th, '06, 10:48

thank you CarolL! I will wait for the eng sub then since my Japanese is terribly horrible LOL~
Do you know which fansub will do it?

F4

Post by F4 » Dec 28th, '06, 19:44

hi guys

i heard that jun refuesed to do hyd season 2 if shun is not in the cast is that true?

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Dec 28th, '06, 20:09

F4 wrote:hi guys

i heard that jun refuesed to do hyd season 2 if shun is not in the cast is that true?
am not sure about the SHUN part but what I know is Jun wanted the orig cast. Otherwise, he won't do HYD 2.

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Dec 28th, '06, 20:26

blue_smurf wrote:

am not sure about the SHUN part but what I know is Jun wanted the orig cast. Otherwise, he won't do HYD 2.
If that was the case, I'm really glad. I'm always so disappointed and sad when they change the cast for the second season. It always seems so empty and wrong. HYD2 seems to be moving in the right direction as far as I can tell. I'm really glad to see the original cast back again :D Kinda like seeing old friends after a long absence ^^

F4

Post by F4 » Dec 28th, '06, 20:31

touchthesun wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:

If that was the case, I'm really glad. I'm always so disappointed and sad when they change the cast for the second season. It always seems so empty and wrong. HYD2 seems to be moving in the right direction as far as I can tell. I'm really glad to see the original cast back again :D Kinda like seeing old friends after a long absence ^^
i agree with u :thumleft:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Dec 28th, '06, 21:25

well, it wouldn't be the same without the orig cast :)
at the same time, they have bonded so well since HYD1, so it's only logical to bring back the old cast for hYD2.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Dec 28th, '06, 23:31

Hmmm...I think I have posted this question before about a possible "Hana Yori dango Movie" to follow the jdrama series...but never got a striaght foward answer about it...and I still wish to know if it's true their will be a movie version of "Hana yori dango" with the same cast? :unsure:

F4

Post by F4 » Dec 29th, '06, 01:37

marie_23 wrote:Hmmm...I think I have posted this question before about a possible "Hana Yori dango Movie" to follow the jdrama series...but never got a striaght foward answer about it...and I still wish to know if it's true their will be a movie version of "Hana yori dango" with the same cast? :unsure:
i don't think so,,, did u read this info anywhere? or you just wonder?

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 29th, '06, 08:13

F4 wrote:
marie_23 wrote:Hmmm...I think I have posted this question before about a possible "Hana Yori dango Movie" to follow the jdrama series...but never got a striaght foward answer about it...and I still wish to know if it's true their will be a movie version of "Hana yori dango" with the same cast? :unsure:
i don't think so,,, did u read this info anywhere? or you just wonder?
There was a Hana Yori Dango movie back in the 90's and that was long before HYD the drama came out. As for as right now, there will be a HYD Part 2 drama that will come out in Jan. 5, 2007!

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Dec 29th, '06, 16:31

I'm so happy!! My favourite drama back again atlast! I couldn't believe it when I saw the trailer last week, I dropped my chopsticks at the dinner table. I've not seen much else promotion wise though. I know they had a segment or two in a couple of shows but nothing major yet. Maybe the show doesn't require promotion as its so popular. I went to a local book store yesterday and they moved the comic rows around just so they cut fit in a Hana Yori Dango shrine in the corner. Thought that was quite funny especially considering the manga ended 2 years ago!!

I remember going to see that Uchida Yuki Hanadan movie years ago, my much older cousin took me to the cinema to watch it and I have still kept the bromide book thing. I agree that its quite crap but at the time it was the best adaptation around. There were audio story tapes around with Kimura Takuya's voice but I never heard those. The anime didn't arrive for years after that film either.

Anyway I really enjoyed the TV series last year and needed more... Yey!!! :)

nilu20

Post by nilu20 » Dec 29th, '06, 19:37

Same here. The few days left are TORTURE on me. :goggle: But i'll stay calm....hopefully. :whistling:

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Dec 30th, '06, 01:04

I really don't know how they're going to pull off season 2, in terms of storyline. I read the manga, and it ends where tsukasa goes to NY to study. Hopefully it wound't end up a mess like MG2. Keep fingers crossed.

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Dec 30th, '06, 06:22

About the Tokyo Friend Park.... it has been uploaded on YouTube for those of you who don't want to wait to download each part....(however i do recommend downloading it just while youre watching it on youtube so then you have a clear version to keep yourself.)
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlNkl0rgZC0
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8e-ZmUMCNc
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bLMZlgLWws
Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSd-h6tC1Wk
Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlgqo6rxWqo
Part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACdWqQOY5rc
Part 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1OPD6dqJqA
Part 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKPwtz_jwA
Part 9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7Ir_FqkBI
Part 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_2okdtQEUc

Enjoy while you download.....

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Dec 30th, '06, 10:18

Unbelievable! I've just watched the (I think) most recent commercial and I'm like :O
Why's Junpei there? We've seen Sakura kidnapping her and everything already. :scratch: That aside I'm kind of disappointed the story continues with their messed up relation. They've just confessed to each other! How stupid's that?
My credits for Jun's new hairstyle. The one in the first season looked too strange...
Also I think the second season will be a lot funnier which I personally prefer.

cees

Post by cees » Dec 30th, '06, 10:30

so when will the 2nd season be aired???? iam really looking 4word 2 watch it

sargaborso

Post by sargaborso » Dec 30th, '06, 18:52

cees wrote:so when will the 2nd season be aired???? iam really looking 4word 2 watch it
CarolL wrote:There was a Hana Yori Dango movie back in the 90's and that was long before HYD the drama came out. As for as right now, there will be a HYD Part 2 drama that will come out in Jan. 5, 2007!

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Dec 30th, '06, 19:43

Kath-Lee wrote:Unbelievable! I've just watched the (I think) most recent commercial and I'm like :O
Why's Junpei there? We've seen Sakura kidnapping her and everything already. :scratch: That aside I'm kind of disappointed the story continues with their messed up relation. They've just confessed to each other! How stupid's that?
My credits for Jun's new hairstyle. The one in the first season looked too strange...
Also I think the second season will be a lot funnier which I personally prefer.
Yay, but in the manga, they indeed confess to each other before Tsukasa's mom makes him go to NY. But I ust don't understand why Junpei is here.

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Dec 30th, '06, 20:33

mandy2005 wrote:but in the manga, they indeed confess to each other before Tsukasa's mom makes him go to NY.
I've given up on comparing the drama to the manga a while ago since it will only leave me frustrated. The manga is a masterpiece and it's impossible for anyone to make the Hanadan magic into a drama. Another thing is that the plot and the character development simply doesn't work with only 9 episodes, therefore we should just try and watch it as some sort of altraverse... However, as for what you wrote, I think they could have come up with something better than this. The one thing that's so special about Doumyouji's love is that it's unconditional and unstoppable. Maybe it's just me but it feels really weird to see they didn't make it very far...