[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
jcman

Post by jcman » Jan 8th, '07, 03:23

i've had my hopes up for this drama because i was so impressed with the first season. being a big hyd manga fan, i started hyd1 comparing it with the manga. but i love how they incorporated themes from the manga and presented it in its own way to make it lovable as a separate version of HYD. However, maybe it's the lack of subs, but I'm not as impressed as expected I would be with this season. Domyoji's "army/bodyguards/schoolmates?" were retarded. Domyoji eating a hotdog didn't really bother me, but the scene where he and Makino talked at... the street was kinda dirty (with pile of trash at the background) and i find it distracting. I've seen some Kdramas shot overseas, but they usually pick a neat street (unless the scene demands otherwise) Also, I thought the F3 were rich? I mean, they'd usually hang out at a classy restaurant, but why did they discuss at a regular one while at NY? I have this image of them being really rich, and they're out of place in that restaurant.

Anyway, my heart aches for Makino. Rui came back more attractive than before, and he's kinda tempting me to root for him. But I can't help but believe in Domyoji no matter what.

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 8th, '07, 03:23

KamichamaN wrote:
dohri wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
yeah she did say so, but people commenting on the blog are starting to persuade her to just release the soft subs which would be better considering people aren't willing to wait very long and already some people have started trying to sub it themselves. If some other group succeeds in doing it before she manages to get hers out then it'd be work done for no reason wouldn't it? At this point, since the clubbox thing has failed and people who have been waiting all day are getting impatient, its a better move for her to release the soft subs and be doen with it. And anyway, won't everyone know already that its her work since she's about the only one who has done it. I guess people are getting a little aggravated since they know the soft sub version is done she's just not releasing it.
well, it's up to her, but, like someone on her blog commented, she'll lose any recognition for her hard work if she decides to wait since at this point people are already starting their own versions and are racing to the finish
yup, i agree...

yeah i was wondering if anyone can answer my question..

why are there many groups working on the same project? (arashi.vox, NyA, SARS, ???)

and i really agree that she will lose recognition for what's already been done. after everyone watches the subbed version, there won't be many that will re-download...
especially true since most people now are working towards a soft sub which makes it look better to the downloaders as they won't have to re-download the drama. And about the fansubbers, I think Nya! has been planning on doing this since the end of the 1st hanadan, like they said that if a second season came out they'd def. sub it. I'm not sure about SARS. I think arashi vox is only subbing this first one as a gift of sorts to fans desperate to understand what's going on since this drama was so highly anticipated
Their personal interest, and sometimes there is a difference in the quaility of the subs. They are all great translators though..... :wub:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 03:31

remoted wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
dohri wrote:
yup, i agree...

why are there many groups working on the same project? (arashi.vox, NyA, SARS, ???)

and i really agree that she will lose recognition for what's already been done. after everyone watches the subbed version, there won't be many that will re-download...
especially true since most people now are working towards a soft sub which makes it look better to the downloaders as they won't have to re-download the drama. And about the fansubbers, I think Nya! has been planning on doing this since the end of the 1st hanadan, like they said that if a second season came out they'd def. sub it. I'm not sure about SARS. I think arashi vox is only subbing this first one as a gift of sorts to fans desperate to understand what's going on since this drama was so highly anticipated
Their personal interest, and sometimes there is a difference in the quaility of the subs. They are all great translators though..... :wub:
I always wonder how subbers can do it, spend all that time subbing then release it just out of personal interest. But I;m thnakfult hat they can since without subbers those of us who dont understand the language and can't time or anything would go without (sad and scary thought)

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 8th, '07, 03:32

KamichamaN wrote:
dohri wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
yeah she did say so, but people commenting on the blog are starting to persuade her to just release the soft subs which would be better considering people aren't willing to wait very long and already some people have started trying to sub it themselves. If some other group succeeds in doing it before she manages to get hers out then it'd be work done for no reason wouldn't it? At this point, since the clubbox thing has failed and people who have been waiting all day are getting impatient, its a better move for her to release the soft subs and be doen with it. And anyway, won't everyone know already that its her work since she's about the only one who has done it. I guess people are getting a little aggravated since they know the soft sub version is done she's just not releasing it.
well, it's up to her, but, like someone on her blog commented, she'll lose any recognition for her hard work if she decides to wait since at this point people are already starting their own versions and are racing to the finish
yup, i agree...

Not veryone knows how to get stuff from clubbox, the download rate would be really slow. I'd rather wait for the soft sub than having to redownload. And I think she just need to add her credits at the end of the softsub, everyone will know its hers anyway, if she manages to be the first to release the sub. Oh well, it's her decision anyway.

BTW, I watched it without the sub, and its just so good. Can't wait to see Makino gets mad when Domyoji pulls the other gir's arml to run away instead of her :D

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Jan 8th, '07, 03:36

Just an opinion, but I think for the first ep. it's better to release the softsubs since the file is SO LARGE and most people have already downloaded the raw ep. and the idea of having to redownload such a large file again is just... *AHHH!!!*

Doing hardsubs for the first ep. is so time-consuming considering how long it takes to download the raw, sub it, encode it into the video, and then having to reupload it for pples to download.

I really hope Arashi reconsiders releasing the softsub since they're having difficulty w/ clubbox and everyone else is having difficulty downloading from clubbox.

And yes, whoever releases the subs first will be a GOD to us HYD fanatics *me!waveshi!*

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 03:37

I think we need an HYD anonymous

after I watch this episode

Alynaria

Post by Alynaria » Jan 8th, '07, 03:37

sv3xl wrote: how about this one, though? if you have the raws, would you be willing to time my translations?
I think we could get them done by today ("today" is in pacific time for me)
I think the timings were already released here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_43483_105.htm

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 03:37

or maybe this season

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 03:43

oh

looks like arashi vox is uploading onto clubbox and megaupload right now

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 8th, '07, 03:48

ansybha wrote:I think we need an HYD anonymous

LOL
auhuhauhuhauhuh
Really true...

THE A.HYD.
I'm already there!!!
:alcoholic:
Hi, my name is sahra...
and I'm addict to HYD..
I'm a Handanholic...
I don't really know why... but this story just cath me ... like any other did...
I justg love the characters...
Thanx

XD~~

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 8th, '07, 03:51

haahahaaa omg im freakin out about subs.....LOL.. i just keep reading alll the posts n checking back so often..... arashi vox website said clubbox is finally letting her upload and shes also putting it up on megaupload shes workin on it right now yaays!! thank u god!!

thanks to arashi vox for all the hard work thankyou thankyou thanku

SVEvenstar

Post by SVEvenstar » Jan 8th, '07, 03:53

i've had my hopes up for this drama because i was so impressed with the first season. being a big hyd manga fan, i started hyd1 comparing it with the manga. but i love how they incorporated themes from the manga and presented it in its own way to make it lovable as a separate version of HYD. However, maybe it's the lack of subs, but I'm not as impressed as expected I would be with this season. Domyoji's "army/bodyguards/schoolmates?" were retarded. Domyoji eating a hotdog didn't really bother me, but the scene where he and Makino talked at... the street was kinda dirty (with pile of trash at the background) and i find it distracting. I've seen some Kdramas shot overseas, but they usually pick a neat street (unless the scene demands otherwise) Also, I thought the F3 were rich? I mean, they'd usually hang out at a classy restaurant, but why did they discuss at a regular one while at NY? I have this image of them being really rich, and they're out of place in that restaurant.
Tons of people who are well off get a quick bite to eat from a hot dog stand. I live in a suburb outside of DC, and since my parents work in DC (they're both lawyers), I used to go down there a lot whenever I went to work with them. I'd see many high-end business men/women, lawyers, etc., grabbing a hot dog because they didn't have time to do anything else (it really is convenient to just get a hot dog to eat while you walk to wherever you need to go, especially when you have a demanding job). Of course, they're no where as rich as Domyoji, but they're rich enough...

As for the area they chose...I think HYD was more realistic. Sometimes you can't always find a nice, clean alley in a city. Domyoji needed to talk to her and he needed to talk to her at that moment, so they found the nearest, private area, and that happened to be it. *Shrugs* That's my opinion at least.

For the restaurant...are you talking about the one when they went out with Makino? I'm betting Makino probably dragged them there...I'll have to re-watch the scene, but I remember, as I watched, it made sense to me...if I could only remember the reasoning I had! LOL.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 03:54

mandy2005 wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
dohri wrote:
yup, i agree...

Not veryone knows how to get stuff from clubbox, the download rate would be really slow. I'd rather wait for the soft sub than having to redownload. And I think she just need to add her credits at the end of the softsub, everyone will know its hers anyway, if she manages to be the first to release the sub. Oh well, it's her decision anyway.

BTW, I watched it without the sub, and its just so good. Can't wait to see Makino gets mad when Domyoji pulls the other gir's arml to run away instead of her :D
Looks like it'll be hardsub, but I really wish she'd reconsider since redownloading the whole episode will just take soooo much time and space. Clubbox has been finicky up til now and who's to say that it won't decide to be a jerk again and be slow? augh. And even if she's split the MU download into 2 the files will still be ginormous AND megaupload's download limit will prevent people fom downloading them in sequence (since its like 400+ minutes after limit has been exceeded that you can download again), and also, a looot of people have problems with megaupload. Ah, but no matter how much I wish it, its still her choice, softsubs, in my opinion, would be muuuuch better though. Well, high five to her anyway fo subbing it in the first place

LostOneTR

Post by LostOneTR » Jan 8th, '07, 03:57

much thx to arashi vox for doing this. was wondering is "arashi vox" a user/group/a duo?

so...i remember before last season started, i went to fansub.d-addicts and saw alota groups having declared which dramas they'd sub. yet this season I don't see many declared, and haven't heard much either. Did something happen?

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 8th, '07, 04:01

mandy2005 wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
dohri wrote:
yup, i agree...

It's just that people can edit out her credit...

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 04:04

makino_sanbr wrote:

LOL
auhuhauhuhauhuh
Really true...

THE A.HYD.
I'm already there!!!
Hi, my name is sahra...
and I'm addict to HYD..
I'm a Handanholic...
I don't really know why... but this story just cath me ... like any other did...
Thanx

XD~~
no, it should be a club with banners (XDD)

Hi-o, I am Hye Sung and...this is so hard
I am addicted to hanadan
*serious face*
no seriously guys it's insanity!
*rants about everything handan related*

the only thing I haven't seen yet is the old Japanese movie they made, then my Hanadan viewership will be complete! *hunts youtube/lj*

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 04:05

remoted wrote:
mandy2005 wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:

true, but then I guess we can blame the (&^%&& who screwed it up for the rest of us

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Jan 8th, '07, 04:07

i dont think if this is the place to ask, but i cant find the clubbox which has it uploaded hardsubbed. wait, is it even up yet? or are we still patiently waiting :D

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 04:08

autuymnrain wrote:i dont think if this is the place to ask, but i cant find the clubbox which has it uploaded hardsubbed. wait, is it even up yet? or are we still patiently waiting :D
nope, not up yet. we're still waiting on arashi vox. you can go stalk the blog

Singhay

Post by Singhay » Jan 8th, '07, 04:11

Yup its called 95 for the 5.

5% of the population does something wrong, 95% has to carry that weight.

Not trying to hate, but Nya! like stopped doing Stand Up!! months ago, and I love Stand Up!! though they probably had their reasons. My vote goes to SARS, I think they're quality of work on the last series was very nice.

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 8th, '07, 04:19

KamichamaN wrote:
remoted wrote:
mandy2005 wrote:

true, but then I guess we can blame the (&^%&& who screwed it up for the rest of us
Oh, what happened. I haven't been keeping track of the sub news....Was it some jerk that sent her "you better" message.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 04:23

Singhay wrote:Yup its called 95 for the 5.

5% of the population does something wrong, 95% has to carry that weight.

Not trying to hate, but Nya! like stopped doing Stand Up!! months ago, and I love Stand Up!! though they probably had their reasons. My vote goes to SARS, I think they're quality of work on the last series was very nice.
aaaah thats unfortunate for the rest of us but hey, its how things work. *remembers military school and shudders*

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 04:23

in case you didn't have it

here's the clubbox link

http://clubbox.co.kr/gknee

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 04:25

ansybha wrote:in case you didn't have it

here's the clubbox link

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG!
*explodes* THANKS!

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 8th, '07, 04:29

so how exactly do u download from that clubbox link...everythings in korean

sorry but im clueless

saku_chan_desu

Post by saku_chan_desu » Jan 8th, '07, 04:30

So after someone has it donwloaded someone is going to DDL right? Sense not a lot of people can sue clubbox.

saku_chan_desu

Post by saku_chan_desu » Jan 8th, '07, 04:34

can't use** my bad >.>;

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Jan 8th, '07, 04:35

ansybha wrote:in case you didn't have it

here's the clubbox link

Thank you! Gamsamida! Arigatou! Gracias! shieshieni! Cam on!(yah, I probably spelled most of those wrong, but you get the idea) :thumleft:

Does anyone know how long it takes to upload a 1.3 GB file on clubbox? I know it took me over a day to download it.

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 04:39

http://www.jay-chou.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11564

how to download on clubbox

thanks to JianDan[Ai] on Jay-Chou.net

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Jan 8th, '07, 04:44

^hmmn... well, it depends on your connection and the type of file. if it's avi, it's pretty fast. i used to be able to up 700+ mb files for less than an hour.

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Jan 8th, '07, 04:46

I can understand some people's eagerness for the sub, but just relax and be patient...Go watch some anime, or other drama, or re-watch season 1. I personaly dont care about the person who has decided to hardsub it, since I will wait for either Nya or SARS to do it. Either way I'm sure someone will soft sub soon enough and put a direct DL link for it.
My only problem with some of these ppl with club boxe's is that they tend to only put the well known stuff via club box instead of torrent, especialy when it comes to well known raw episodes like HYD2 Ep 1 raw. Now i'm talking about just leaving the file their in the Clubbox while it could have just been easily uploaded to any torrent site. Othern then that, they have the option to put their work like fansubs in their own site. Not a club box fan and dont plan on getting this persons sub, since its not a DDL link. Either way lets all wait and relax....*Goes to watch some anime*
Last edited by hhv94 on Jan 8th, '07, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 8th, '07, 04:47

arashi vox is relesasing soft subs tonight yaay!! shes so understanding

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Jan 8th, '07, 04:47

wait so is the file on http://clubbox.co.kr/gknee, arashi.vox's hardsubbed version??

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 8th, '07, 04:48

she'll post the links on her sight once she's done uploading
sometime tonight definitely

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 04:49

episode is fully uploaded on clubbox

too bad my computer is stupid beyond belief

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 8th, '07, 04:51

ARASHI VOX.COM:

WILL RELEASE THE SOFT SUBS (only for ep1) afterwards she is doing HARDSUB!

So in about 15mins time it will be ready- i suppose

thanks everyone for being patient and please do not bug her anymore!! She has been the most thoughtful person, ever!!

Many thanks to her! =D

Luckily, it is only 3.51PM atm, i still have plenty of time =D

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 8th, '07, 04:52

KamichamaN wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote:

LOL
auhuhauhuhauhuh
Really true...

THE A.HYD.
I'm already there!!!
Hi, my name is sahra...
and I'm addict to HYD..
I'm a Handanholic...
Thanx

XD~~

I am addicted to hanadan
*serious face*

the only thing I haven't seen yet is the old Japanese movie they made, then my Hanadan viewership will be complete! *hunts youtube/lj*
haha..
I already saw this old movie... it's really lame XD~~
So like 80's.. XD~~~

**making the banners for HYDaddicts club**

And Arashi vox will release Softsubs for this ep.
people bug so much her.. that she gives up..

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 04:56

makino_sanbr wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote: LOL
auhuhauhuhauhuh
Really true...

THE A.HYD.
I'm already there!!!
Hi, my name is sahra...
and I'm addict to HYD..
I'm a Handanholic...
Thanx

XD~~

I am addicted to hanadan
*serious face*

haha..
So like 80's.. XD~~~

jeez, I go away and make my snow queen thingy for like ten seconds and this is all big update. an! I feel behind. BUT SOFTSUBS OMG! I'm excited! I wanna make a banner too! *goes to make one while waiting for the softsub*

and i dont mind the lameness of the movie, I just need to see it for fandom purposes

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Jan 8th, '07, 04:58

yay, thank you so much everyone for posting the information :wub:

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 8th, '07, 05:00

KamichamaN wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:

I am addicted to hanadan
*serious face*

haha..
So like 80's.. XD~~~

jeez, I go away and make my snow queen thingy for like ten seconds and this is all big update. an! I feel behind. BUT SOFTSUBS OMG! I'm excited! I wanna make a banner too! *goes to make one while waiting for the softsub*

and i dont mind the lameness of the movie, I just need to see it for fandom purposes
I know.. i understand you...
Didnt give up until i saw XD~~ All for the fandom...
I get in e-mule... and is lost some of my thousands dvds...

**Put some ohoooh oohhh yeah yeah on the banners sing along love so sweet... waiting very happy the softsubs**
Last edited by makino_sanbr on Jan 8th, '07, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.

ansybha

Post by ansybha » Jan 8th, '07, 05:04

I feel horrible about everyone pressuring her

but I'm so happy about these softsubs

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 05:08

makino_sanbr wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote:
haha..
So like 80's.. XD~~~

I know.. i understand you...
Didnt give up until i saw XD~~ All for the fandom...
I get in e-mule... and is lost some of my thousands dvds...

**Put some ohoooh oohhh yeah yeah on the banners sing along love so sweet... waiting very happy the softsubs**
*cackles madly* SOFTSUBS! all the waiting wasn't for naught (although it would have paid of eeeeventually) hpefully they come out soon as I've to go to bed (damned parentals)

I wanna make a bannerrrr! I'll make a really amazing HYDaddicts one in time for next week's release HOO-RAH!
*dances to the "softsubs omg!" song in her head*

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 05:11

ansybha wrote:I feel horrible about everyone pressuring her

but I'm so happy about these softsubs
I think most people can say the same. I'M just happy that I didn't delete the BT version I downloaded as the subs are synched to the 1.2 GB one *phew*

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Jan 8th, '07, 05:13

i really admire her though. i mean if i was her i would have just stop everything and not release anything anymore cuz of all the annoying msgs. http://arashi.vox.com/, you have my respect _O_

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 05:14

inutikidude wrote:i really admire her though. i mean if i was her i would have just stop everything and not release anything anymore cuz of all the annoying msgs. http://arashi.vox.com/, you have my respect _O_
ditto, if it was me I'd probably have told them all to go away and that I won't put the usbs up anymore. Looks liek she's planning on subbing it all the way too! *claps hands*

momoji

Post by momoji » Jan 8th, '07, 05:21

The softsubs are out already.....sugeiiiii that is soooo fast....I wasn't expecting it til next week....yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where can you get it?????? I want want want beg beg beg for it.....thankssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 05:25

momoji wrote:The softsubs are out already.....sugeiiiii that is soooo fast....I wasn't expecting it til next week....yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where can you get it?????? I want want want beg beg beg for it.....thankssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
...they haven't been released yet have they? at least not in the last ten seconds

EDIT:
OMG I LIIIIIED THEYRE OUT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
*DIES* tata peoples, Ima go watch it and then its off to la-la land!
I hope you'll all be on during the week, maybe we can do a HYDaddicts banner contest (hahaha)

=3
Last edited by KamichamaN on Jan 8th, '07, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 8th, '07, 05:27

Yes! They are out! If you have mozilla and you don't see the sub post , just clear your cache....that's what I did!

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 8th, '07, 05:27

yes they have on arashi vox's website but somethings wrong w/the link shell fix it in a few minutes

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 8th, '07, 05:32

can someone tell me where she placed the link ??

did you upload it in clubbox or something?? i cant seem to find it...

any directions?? THANKS

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 05:34

cookiesncream wrote:yes they have on arashi vox's website but somethings wrong w/the link shell fix it in a few minutes
dcnjdncskdjcpjkd; *jumbled speech*

ohmgosh

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jan 8th, '07, 05:34

Arashi at vox.com has released her soft subs! http://arashi.vox.com/ !! Everyone please thank her for all she's doing for us! WE ARE ALL VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU ARASHI!

SVEvenstar

Post by SVEvenstar » Jan 8th, '07, 05:36

Is it working for anyone else? I saved them under the same name, but I keep on getting, "Unrecognized format for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Parry\Desktop\HYD2\HYD2_Episode_1'" whenever I try to play...

Never mind, I got it now. :-)
Last edited by SVEvenstar on Jan 8th, '07, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 8th, '07, 05:38

YAY ITS FIXED

go check it out guys! thanks soooo much!

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 8th, '07, 05:39

the links on the front page. 1st post. Maybe u need to refresh the page. i just downloaded it and it worked for me

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jan 8th, '07, 05:40

SVEvenstar wrote:Is it working for anyone else? I saved them under the same name, but I keep on getting, "Unrecognized format for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Parry\Desktop\HYD2\HYD2_Episode_1'" whenever I try to play...
Do you have the right codec for it, like Media Player Classic? Also try using the same names for the raw version and the sub.. that usually does the trick.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Jan 8th, '07, 05:41

thank you so much! :wub:

haruhi-san

darn

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 8th, '07, 05:41

It doesnt work for me.

This sucks :(

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Jan 8th, '07, 05:45

yay!! it works for me! which means that Ill probally be sitting and watching this in school today while our teacher is trying to learn all our class something ^__^; I feel soooo bad!

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Jan 8th, '07, 05:46

wooot!!! TWO gruesome days of waiting and finally get to watch, forget accounting homework , im watching hyd tonight!!!! ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^!!!!!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 8th, '07, 05:48

Forgive me if anything of this has been mentioned before, but is http://arashi.vox.com/ doing a hardsub, too?

I haven't checked the other pages. And I would have d/l'ed the soft subs but after 3 failed attempts at downloading the raw and resorting to youtube, I can't.

haruhi-san

how?

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 8th, '07, 05:48

how do you download it?

fobster

Re: how?

Post by fobster » Jan 8th, '07, 05:59

haruhi-san wrote:how do you download it?
if you talking about the soft subs from arashi.vox all you do is right click and save. There should be a dl link on the new post.

__laine

Post by __laine » Jan 8th, '07, 05:59

it won't work for me... i named the raw and sub the same. i tried it on gom & media player classic. nothing shows up. ahhhh.

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jan 8th, '07, 06:04

__laine wrote:it won't work for me... i named the raw and sub the same. i tried it on gom & media player classic. nothing shows up. ahhhh.
I use Storm Codec. I used to have problems with subs and stuff too but Storm Codec hasn't given me any problems yet. Download it and see if it works for you...
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Storm_Codec.htm

Also download this.. it helps with displaying the subtitles...
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DirectVobSub.htm
Last edited by IndieRockerette on Jan 8th, '07, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

keomonkie

Post by keomonkie » Jan 8th, '07, 06:05

Wow this is a nice way to start monday, thanks for the softsubs. Makino trying to speak english = cute.

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 8th, '07, 06:06

@_laine : If you want to see a video with subs without any worries, try BS player.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_bsplayer/

It's on top of my list with VLC player. The latter would be the only number one if it could play subtitles just as well.

Media player can be hard to work with if you want to watch soft subs. I gave up the program quickly. Older versions need another program to see soft subs.

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Jan 8th, '07, 06:14

im having the same problems too. i guess i'll try downloading the codecs or player. thanks guys =|

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 8th, '07, 06:22

VLC doesn't use codecs... It's very nice, but I wouldn't recommend with soft subs. Sometimes, some lines don't show up. It's a good player for the how-come-it-doesn't-work kind of video file. If nothing work, use it.

With soft subs, it's better to use BS player. I'm watching Hana yori dango with it, so I can tell you, it can play the video. Plus it plays soft subs in one single step : naming the video and the subs the same way. That's it. You can even change the subtitle size for viewing.

The only kind of video you can't watch with BS player is x264, but it's a format used mostly by music programs uploads, not dorama.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 8th, '07, 06:22

Ruysdael wrote:@_laine : If you want to see a video with subs without any worries, try BS player.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_bsplayer/

It's on top of my list with VLC player. The latter would be the only number one if it could play subtitles just as well.

Media player can be hard to work with if you want to watch soft subs. I gave up the program quickly. Older versions need another program to see soft subs.
bleeeh BS Playor, sorry but the ads kill it for me. If you want a really REALLY good player then get the korean media player (KM Player) it lets you do audio and video rip it lets you screencap, the recent update gave it a really savvy looks too. It's a gorgeous program that can play just about anything, you can even change subtitle size with it. KM Player=WIN

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 8th, '07, 06:26

I'm using the freeware version... The link is for the freeware version as well. Ads? There's no ads...

Anyway... I'm not saying it's the best for everyone. I didn't try all the players in the world. But among the ones I know, VLC and BSplayer are the best. For me that is.

Kempo

Post by Kempo » Jan 8th, '07, 07:00

Yatta!
So goooooooood softsub thanks a lot to arashi.vox! :w00t:
Just one suggestion can you pen dow when they talk in english?
Cause I understand when Japanese talk in english but not all when the other guy talk :mrgreen:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 8th, '07, 07:03

I have to say, I can't wait for the next episode. This week is going to be torture, it airs Friday, right?

Going by the preview, why did Rui suddenly fall on Makino? o_O

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 8th, '07, 07:06

Or rather...

Or rather, why did he fall ''for'' Makino.... The story seems to be heading this way.
I'm couting the days until the next one. In the middtime, I'm having fun watching the first episode again.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jan 8th, '07, 07:37

Wow. This is the reason why i should not watch drama and do last minute hw at the same time.

Just 2 questions:
Does MatsuJun/Domyoji's really freaky dream foreshadow something in the future?

and is Junpei gonna be back?