[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 9th, '07, 12:36

Omg when those white guys are all,"THE GREAT DOMYOUJI" I started cracking up harder than ever. Then they're all,"YES'SIR!!" XD But right now, because Tsukasa is acting like an ass again, I'm voting for Makino and Rui. But you see I know myself, so the moment Tsukasa does something sweet, probably next episode since he's running after her, I'll be back on his side. XD

Plus, after he says "I have no time for this" but she says "Wait a minute" and he turns around...wow. Did you see his face? He looks so sad! o.o

charurei

Post by charurei » Jan 9th, '07, 13:53

^ah, I agree. Actually, there are scenes wherein I can feel/see him constraining himself.. like that talk in the restaurant with the rest of the F4. Plus the scene in the baseball field. argh!

But I hope he'll get back to his senses real soon, because like the rest of the peeps here, I don't wanna see another 'effing MG2!

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 9th, '07, 14:01

about domyouji being cold...
the reason Domyoji is cold to Tsukushi is probably he made he's deal with his mom, remember HYD1 where he said he will follow whatever she says if Makino doesnt win and every will go smooth in Makino's life including her family? well i think its still on, the reason why Domyoji is avoiding Tsukushi in New York is that he knows he's mom has eyes on him, and if he screws up and maybe something bad happens to makino. knowing he's being watched esp on New York.

but and then i read it somewhere that in the manga, he's mom made a deal with domyouji, if he follows her for 4 years or at least finish of he's school in NY, and break it off with makino, she will let him do whatever he wishes after that 4 years, meaning domyouji can be with makino forever.

hamburger

Post by hamburger » Jan 9th, '07, 14:06

:cheers: i cant wait until the next ep~!
i think oguri shun is doing a much better job as rui now. dont get me wrong, im a fan of his but in season one he was a bit off in portraying him. im probably just use to him as rui now also lol but i think he's got in down pat now when it comes to rui's awkwardness at times and his smile to cheer tsukushi. i thought junpei was tsukasa on the magazine cover in a preview.

can't wait for more!

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 9th, '07, 17:11

Shiget^ wrote:about domyouji being cold...
the reason Domyoji is cold to Tsukushi is probably he made he's deal with his mom, remember HYD1 where he said he will follow whatever she says if Makino doesnt win and every will go smooth in Makino's life including her family? well i think its still on, the reason why Domyoji is avoiding Tsukushi in New York is that he knows he's mom has eyes on him, and if he screws up and maybe something bad happens to makino. knowing he's being watched esp on New York.

but and then i read it somewhere that in the manga, he's mom made a deal with domyouji, if he follows her for 4 years or at least finish of he's school in NY, and break it off with makino, she will let him do whatever he wishes after that 4 years, meaning domyouji can be with makino forever.
Your right that is why Domyoji is acting that way...I keep thinking to myself he still is so much in love with her but is trying to protect Makino the only way he knows how from his mother :cry: ...Sure he could be nicer to her but he knows his mother spies are every where and the moment his mother even thinks he might break the deal they made...She will ruin Makino life....Domyoji knows the F4 cannot protect Makino forever from his mother...

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 9th, '07, 18:37

Gorahgurl wrote:
Plus, after he says "I have no time for this" but she says "Wait a minute" and he turns around...wow. Did you see his face? He looks so sad! o.o
OMG! that right! and didnt u see his cute face when he says BAKA to makino at the baseball camp?? his face changed a lot =( sniff and he looked makino as before snifffffffff
charurei wrote:^ah, I agree. Actually, there are scenes wherein I can feel/see him constraining himself.. like that talk in the restaurant with the rest of the F4. Plus the scene in the baseball field. argh!
i totally agree with it! when Tsukasa says : i...no longer have anything to do with her anymore. He has such a sad face that makes me cry T____T.............!!! and then he says: im just going with how i feel, thats all. OMG!!! he really looks like almost crying snifff
=(

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Jan 9th, '07, 18:52

you know... now since you all mentioned that... it does seem like Domyouji is sad and hurting when he said those things to Makino...

i could feel his pain!!!! and Makino's!!!!

LXuRy

Post by LXuRy » Jan 9th, '07, 19:00

i think he's sad when he mets Makino in New-York ... T__T

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Jan 9th, '07, 19:01

This episode was so AWESOOOOMME!!^^ I watched it more than 3times..haha...
I haven't read the manga yet so I didn't know that Junpei was actually a "bad guy" and through the episode I was hoping that he may get together with Makino!^^° I thought they're such a cute couple...and Toma's acting is great!! I have to admit that I've imagined that he would play a awesome Tsukasa..but well....then MatsuJun appears and I realized again that ONLY he could play him..hehe...^^
I'm looking soooo forward to see the next episode...:)
hopefully Tsukasas romantic side will show up....^---^

kiki

Post by kiki » Jan 9th, '07, 19:15

for me, i really see all of that, when he first see her, the longing in his face and how he kept asking her why she came to new york, and everytime she said the answer that it not for him, it break his heart, i think that a part of him want to forget her and yet a part of him don't to, one word for her that she really care and love him, i think he will risk everything to be by her side. but these two are soo stubborn.

bichillo

Post by bichillo » Jan 9th, '07, 19:33

I think too that tsukasa's cold in new york cause of his mother, but he's deeeeeply in love with Makino. Juju.
I think that now is when rui is going to say to makino that he is in love with her
I can't wait for next episode :wub:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 9th, '07, 19:42

SunStar wrote:you know... now since you all mentioned that... it does seem like Domyouji is sad and hurting when he said those things to Makino...

i could feel his pain!!!! and Makino's!!!!
yup :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i mean he was so close to bursting into tears!it was plain to see how much he suffers! :cry: and makino suffers too cos she can`t get his message i mean if she just took a look really close she could see that he`s in so much pain :cry: but as everyone on here i`m sure that he acts like that cos of his mother!she treathened him with something i`m sure of it! :crazy:

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 9th, '07, 20:07

hey! i got a big question!!
somebody knows whats going on with Tsukasa's dream?? well...nightmare XD
an old man and a family then this man commits suicide and then Tsukasa suddenly wokes up

what is all that about??? =P

DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan

Post by DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan » Jan 9th, '07, 20:31

I almost wonder if his mom didn't threaten to get a hit out on Tsukushi if he even talked to her anymore. That lady is a horrible wonky-eyebrowed meanie!!!!
You gotta love an actress who can make you so mad about what she does in a TV show, though! hahah
I am REALLY liking how this new season is turning out. The first episode totally reminded me of why I LOVED the first season so much and it raised a lot of questions and suspense in me.
I wonder, actually, if Domyoji might fall for this new girl because of how much more spirit she has than Tsukushi! I mean the next ep preview shows her clobbering him, and he seems to have a thing for getting punched by girls!!! :O NOOOO DOMYOJI! Don't lose your true love to a spaghetti eating vixen!!

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jan 9th, '07, 20:43

i think that HYD2 is kinda liked meteor garden 1 you know the kidnapping thing and the new fiancee thing......
i was crying soo much when makino explain how much she love domyoji to oone chan :cry: :cry: :cry:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 9th, '07, 20:46

Christabel wrote:hey! i got a big question!!
somebody knows whats going on with Tsukasa's dream?? well...nightmare XD
an old man and a family then this man commits suicide and then Tsukasa suddenly wokes up

what is all that about??? =P

well it`s only a supposition but i thought that maybe that old man is tsukasa`s dad?!?as his dad never appeared maybe he commited suicide or something?!?anyway i`m sure there will be some explanation for it in the neext episodes sometime!i sure so!anyway his dream looked really scarry! :cry: :blink

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Jan 9th, '07, 21:40

DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan wrote:I almost wonder if his mom didn't threaten to get a hit out on Tsukushi if he even talked to her anymore. That lady is a horrible wonky-eyebrowed meanie!!!!
You gotta love an actress who can make you so mad about what she does in a TV show, though! hahah
I am REALLY liking how this new season is turning out. The first episode totally reminded me of why I LOVED the first season so much and it raised a lot of questions and suspense in me.
hahaha yeah that mom is SOOO evil,
I didn't think domyoji actually really cared for makino the way he acted towards her so coldly.

he's really doing it to protect her how?? I'm sure he can shut his mom up with that bad attitude of his. I say he's more powerful than the evil witch mother of his.
but also looking at it the other way, makino was pretty cold to him too when she said the only reason she came to new york was because her dad won free ticket >_>, not to see him..

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 9th, '07, 21:54

Yeah, she is really evil. And I don't really blame Makino for saying she came because of the free ticket, with the way Tsukasa's been acting, he'll probably just scoff at her if she out-right said she came for him. You can tell she hurt him though when he brought it up on the baseball field.

fujitofu

Post by fujitofu » Jan 10th, '07, 05:51

domyoji's mother actually loves her son, it's just her way of loving is inproper. i read the manga and i feel sympathetic for her.

but that's for later...

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jan 10th, '07, 08:45

DrThunderMeetsCaptainPlan wrote:I almost wonder if his mom didn't threaten to get a hit out on Tsukushi if he even talked to her anymore. That lady is a horrible wonky-eyebrowed meanie!!!!
I wonder, actually, if Domyoji might fall for this new girl because of how much more spirit she has than Tsukushi! I mean the next ep preview shows her clobbering him, and he seems to have a thing for getting punched by girls!!! :O NOOOO DOMYOJI! Don't lose your true love to a spaghetti eating vixen!!
about the spaghetti eating vixen... :D
domyoji would never love shigeru, EVER, his heart only belongs to makino

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jan 10th, '07, 08:55

can't wait for the next episode of hyd2!!! i screamed when i saw the preview, the part with rui and makino!!! go hanazawa rui! just can't get enough of this show! :D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 10th, '07, 10:39

fujitofu wrote:domyoji's mother actually loves her son, it's just her way of loving is inproper. i read the manga and i feel sympathetic for her.

but that's for later...
well maybe you`re right as u know what happens later in the manga but for the time being..........she really doesn`t love him at all........i mean the thing with the new finacee and getting makino there was so coldhearted :cry: :crazy:

Myrdhinn

Post by Myrdhinn » Jan 10th, '07, 12:23

ohiyo minasan!!

well, I've read the all manga, and it made me understand Domyouji's mother.

But, and I don't like her either. I think she's a cold-hearted woman, no matter what. She onfy focus on her money, and doesn't care if other people's heart are hurt.

It's like that in the manga and I think it's worse in the drama. (well, actrice who play's Kaede is very good in acting)

Her way to treat Makino (invited her at the party) or with Domyouji, makes me want ti throw out...

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 10th, '07, 12:31

I hate that woman. I haven't read the manga yet.. I thought she made a turn-around last season, when she was all "subtle" with stopping the plane when Makino chased after it. But...apparently not. -.-

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 10th, '07, 13:07

exactly T_T!I mean was that an act too?or just a moment of compassion for those two :cry: i was so happy when i saw that she invited tsukushi to the party too!i was like"whoah the obaba really started to show some consideration to the feelings of those two"......and then bang......arghhhh :crazy: i can`t stand that woman :D

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 10th, '07, 13:17

is Nya! and SARS still subbing this drama? (hard subs??) I havent heard any news from them so far, would someone like to confirm??

WIs arashi.vox only willing to upload future hard sub eps on her clubbox only? That means she will NEVER upload it as a torrent?? Does anyone have any directions so we can d/l it without any problems? I'm really hoping to get it d/l ASAP cos like you guys, i cant wait for ep2!!! *suqeals, makinoXrui, makinoXtsukasa <333

Thanks guys! =D

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Jan 10th, '07, 13:49

Just wanted to say that dream sequence in episode 1 is definately Tsukasas father. I dont know what happened in the past but it seems to have had a deep impact with the family. I will reserve judgement on Tsukasa's mother but I have a feeling she is that way for a reason, maybe due to the past? I could just be wrong and the drama may just paint her to a purely evil woman. You never know.

ilurrveniki, as far as I heard, both SARS and Nya are doing hardsubs. SARS is aiming for week releases. So hopefuly sometime friday or saturday or sunday tops.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 10th, '07, 14:08

i`m sure that something "transformed"her in the bad person she is today but yet as a human being u don`t want the ones dear to u suffer the way u did,innit?maybe she thinks that loving and being loved will bring to tsukasa and his sis misfortune and that`s why she tries her best to not let them get involved in a love relationship(tsubaki didn`t marry cos of love eitherT_T) but like this she just steals their right to be happy :cry: as a mother i think that she should`ve observed how unhappy are her children... :x

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jan 10th, '07, 14:48

is it just me or does the older sister seem different? like in the first series she was more regal (still very kind and caring) but in the 1st episode of the 2nd series she seems more... for lack of a better word.. ditsy. i dunno maybe it's just me.

i'm also really curious about the nightmare. could this be a big story-line change from the manga?! o.O we'll see.... LoL, i'm so excited to watch the rest of this series. it feels like it's been awhile since i did the whole waiting impatiently every week for an episode to come out ^0^

charurei

Post by charurei » Jan 10th, '07, 14:53

kiki wrote:for me, i really see all of that, when he first see her, the longing in his face and how he kept asking her why she came to new york, and everytime she said the answer that it not for him, it break his heart, i think that a part of him want to forget her and yet a part of him don't to, one word for her that she really care and love him, i think he will risk everything to be by her side. but these two are soo stubborn.
this is the best scene for me! I was jumping around so excited and then you actually see Domyouji's face.. ahh. so much longing, but as i said, constraining himself.

I was worried too, what if Dom falls for that girl (punching scene in next episode's preview-- jeez, he had the same facial expression when Tsukushi punched him in Season 1)??

Oh my, please don't let this be like MG2 !!

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Jan 10th, '07, 15:32

tomorrow's the second episode !!!!

:)

ryokocho

Post by ryokocho » Jan 10th, '07, 16:02

i think there are hard & soft subs out there now :)

chunny

Post by chunny » Jan 10th, '07, 16:54

Friday is the SECOND EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait...
And yeah..The soft subs are out already..

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jan 10th, '07, 16:55

This series is KILLING me !
Unlike the first series, it started out sad unlike HYD 1 =(
The scene where makino and Doumyoji meet in NY was really touching !!
Also, what I think of the new twist in this drama, that Rui will eventually fall for makino, anyone sees that too ?

nadiya

Post by nadiya » Jan 10th, '07, 17:01

ahh..can't wait for the next ep..i really wanna see how domyouji n makino would handle the new fiancee..

idtaminger

Post by idtaminger » Jan 10th, '07, 17:25

marie_23 wrote:
Gorahgurl wrote:I have no clue why, but when that extremely black guy steals her bag I can't stop laughing, I'm tearing up a little. It's like they just grabbed the blackest guy off the street and had him steal her bag for the dorama. rofl
Personally, when I saw that scene I thought it was in very poor taste for the director to do that...It was so obvious that something was not right with that scene of her and those men in the alley...
I thought that was pretty racist of them. LIke, of course it's going to be a black guy who robs Makino. White folks don't rob pple! Never! And how threatening could a white guy be? We've just got to get a bunch of black dudes to threaten Makino!

Not to mention totally unrealistic, btw. First of all, nobody robs and runs w/ a giant duffel in the middle of Times Square. Most pickpocketing is sneaky and small time in the heavily populated places, and in all my years I have never seen what happened to Makino happen. And NYers get a bad rap, but if something like that did happen, pple would so totally have tried to trip the guy or catch him. I mean just last week a guy jumped down into the subway tracks to save a stranger. Just b/c we all mind our own business doesn't mean we don't give a sht about other pple.

And please, white haired dude from the beginning would not have said she was crazy and left. We've seen crazy. We know crazy. And bad English does not make you crazy. And he would never have recommended a bus. Do you know how SLOW buses are in Manhattan? They stop at every red light every block, on top of every bus stop every other block. You're better off walking.

And on a related note, how in the world did Makino end up in an ALLEY right off of Times Square? For like 7 blocks around it's all densely populated commercial district. Any possible sliver of space is bound to have been bought up and built on. And she runs past Bryant Park, which means she's heading East. I mean, she's heading towards Grand Central for goodness sakes. The only way she could possibly have entered an alley is if she ran all the way to around 1st Ave. Makino must have some legs if she followed Mr. Mugger for 10 city blocks, running, no less.

And a "gang" accosting her? What is this, the 80s? You don't get random groups of guys accosting tourists in alleys in midtown in Manhattan in broad daylight. You just don't.

*whew* :whistling: Rant over.

KokoNee

Post by KokoNee » Jan 10th, '07, 17:41

Well, they just gotta keep the stereotypes alive! Oh, well it led to the interesting scene with Rui, so I'll get over eventually. The rest of the episode was really good, though.

eternalstar

Post by eternalstar » Jan 10th, '07, 17:49

Lifo wrote:This series is KILLING me !
Also, what I think of the new twist in this drama, that Rui will eventually fall for makino, anyone sees that too ?

Umm... I will just tell you, what you predicted happens in the manga. ^_^
I already loved Rui to begin with, but the more you read the manga the more you love him and feel sorry for him at the same time. *sigh*

I can't wait for episode 2 RAW! YAY!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 10th, '07, 18:43

idtaminger wrote:I thought that was pretty racist of them. LIke, of course it's going to be a black guy who robs Makino. White folks don't rob pple! Never! And how threatening could a white guy be? We've just got to get a bunch of black dudes to threaten Makino!
C'mon, it's not New York without the stereotypical mugging :P
idtaminger wrote:Not to mention totally unrealistic, btw. First of all, nobody robs and runs w/ a giant duffel in the middle of Times Square.
Indeed, it's virtually impossible to run in time square. Way too many people. Also, what kind of idiot thief calls attention to himself after taking a bag by running like that?
idtaminger wrote:And please, white haired dude from the beginning would not have said she was crazy and left. We've seen crazy. We know crazy. And bad English does not make you crazy. And he would never have recommended a bus. Do you know how SLOW buses are in Manhattan? They stop at every red light every block, on top of every bus stop every other block. You're better off walking.
Well, it gets cold quickly walking in freezing weather, and it looks like Doumyouji was in Columbia? So walking thru harlem would not be wise.

Tho I agree with the crazy, most people would just call her an idiot or a moron. :lol
idtaminger wrote:And on a related note, how in the world did Makino end up in an ALLEY right off of Times Square? For like 7 blocks around it's all densely populated commercial district. Any possible sliver of space is bound to have been bought up and built on. And she runs past Bryant Park, which means she's heading East. I mean, she's heading towards Grand Central for goodness sakes. The only way she could possibly have entered an alley is if she ran all the way to around 1st Ave. Makino must have some legs if she followed Mr. Mugger for 10 city blocks, running, no less.
I agree, the alley cannot be anywhere near time square, you have to be on far East side or west for there to be any alleys. If I had to guess, they might have been in Soho.
idtaminger wrote:And a "gang" accosting her? What is this, the 80s? You don't get random groups of guys accosting tourists in alleys in midtown in Manhattan in broad daylight. You just don't.
Unless they're Jehovah's witness or that rasterfarian group that's always there. :P

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 10th, '07, 18:56

eternalstar wrote:
Lifo wrote:This series is KILLING me !

Umm... I will just tell you, what you predicted happens in the manga. ^_^
I already loved Rui to begin with, but the more you read the manga the more you love him and feel sorry for him at the same time. *sigh*

I can't wait for episode 2 RAW! YAY!

:| i didnt want to know that:| as from what people have said season 2 isstill linking in with the manga:| but yeh i could see it. i just LOVED the faces he does at her, like when shes talking in the restaurant with her mouth full, and when he looks over the book when ashe comes baack to ask for money in NY and at domyoujis hhouse where hes sat with his knees tucked up on the chair, and when he blows bubbleds in his drink in the cafe in NY ahhhh...such a loveable character hahaahahaha

lil'himitsu

Post by lil'himitsu » Jan 10th, '07, 19:30

If someone would have it, I've rip the opening :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1aajg

I can't styand to wait for the next ep, I would probably saw it raw... Did Jun play even better ? I love his acting.
I dislike Rui but in the 2nd season i began to like his character... :unsure:

KasaiMagi

Post by KasaiMagi » Jan 10th, '07, 20:54

About the mugging, I thought it was hilarious afterwards when the mafia f4 guys brought her the bag back. He was saying "oh yeah well my dad knows blah blah" etc when it was a common dorobo stealing her bag :P

About Obaa: Its hard to tell but she really is a more complex mother than just pure evil. I havent read the manga but the way it appeared in the first episode is that she's trying to challenge Tsukushi. I think she wants them to fight to be together, otherwise to her Tsukushi wouldnt be worth the love of Domouji. Who knows though

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 10th, '07, 21:05

haahaahaa the funniest part was when they called him .."our great mr domyoushi "....haahaahahaa lol

MooCow

Post by MooCow » Jan 10th, '07, 22:30

can anyone tell me if the current story is follow of meteor garden2 or is a brand new one?

idtaminger

Post by idtaminger » Jan 10th, '07, 22:35

auroragb wrote:If I had to guess, they might have been in Soho.
That was what I first thought too, but it makes even less sense that Makino would chase the dude all the way downtown. That's like 30 blocks at least.
MooCow wrote:can anyone tell me if the current story is follow of meteor garden2 or is a brand new one?
It follows the manga. So if MG2 followed the manga, then yeah, the storyline will be similiar.

I wouldn't know any specifics though. I never managed to watch past ep1 on MG b/c the acting was SOOoooo bad.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 10th, '07, 22:54

Heh, I don't want to know any spoilers...ok. Yes I do. Who is Makino with in the end of the manga? Rui or Tsukasa? Hopefully the latter, though I love Rui very very much... I love that look between her and Tsukasa's mom at the end of the first episode, though. Such a challenging gaze...

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Jan 10th, '07, 22:58

the rob scene is pretty racist and STUPID, why not a white guy, booo~. And the 3 black guys scene tottally suks. Of course, it's dangerous to walk in that kind of valley, but people don't pick a fight with a girl for no reason.

Other than that, and bad English also, the shows looks reat, Jun is hotter in season 2. :wub:

AW, I almost forgot Junpei, all I wanted to say is HE IS NOT HOT and his smile freaks me out.

ssasami

Post by ssasami » Jan 10th, '07, 23:03

About the mugging thing, which I haven't seen yet, but have read a lot about on this thread. I'm thinking its probably a situation where if the director was American, I'd probably think it was racist, but I'm guessing the average Japanese person would not understand the impact racial stereotypes of black people have in America. If they watch American movies, particularly older American movies, they would probably think this type of thing is the norm.

People outside of America probably don't know all of the history of our overly touchy situation here. After all no other country has the huge number of races that we have here. Racial stereotypes are most likely not a very big deal there. I could be wrong, since like I said, I've never been there, but that's just the way it seems to me.

I say give em a break. Its only a TV show, and most of us weren't really meant to see it anyway.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 10th, '07, 23:14

sp4078 wrote:the rob scene is pretty racist and STUPID, why not a white guy, booo~. And the 3 black guys scene tottally suks. Of course, it's dangerous to walk in that kind of valley, but people don't pick a fight with a girl for no reason.

Other than that, and bad English also, the shows looks reat, Jun is hotter in season 2. :wub:

AW, I almost forgot Junpei, all I wanted to say is HE IS NOT HOT and his smile freaks me out.
Hmmm...I think I posted on this extact same thing in this thread a while back in the manga that Hana Yori Dango is based on that alley scene was a rip off from when Makino is in france and is about to be attacked by a "french white guy"...and she is saved by Domyoji and not Rui...The director changed that part around and placed Makino being attacked in a New York alley. But, in the manga also Domyoji I believe is helped out in New york by some black guys on the street. Why the director changes the black guys in the manga from being helpful to crazed basketball throwing robbers is beyound me :O everything else in the drama first episode is pretty good though!

altec1

Post by altec1 » Jan 10th, '07, 23:51

Hey, can anyone link the opeing theme song by Arashi- I have it but it's kinda scratchy. PLEASE :-)

ryokocho

Post by ryokocho » Jan 10th, '07, 23:56

i thought the beginning was a bit racist too. the whole experience Makino had in NY was giving New Yorkers a bad rap, that's for sure. :pale:

I'm not so mad they used a black guy instead of a white guy... it's that ALL the gangsters were black guys. they should've thrown some asians or caucasians or other ethnicities in there too.

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Jan 10th, '07, 23:58

i live in nyc and personally i feel like it reflected the city pretty correctly. I'm not racist, but all the times i have been mugged were by black folks, whether it be on the train or at school, and i've lost some pretty valuable stuff (ipod, psp, wallet) so you can't say its not true

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jan 11th, '07, 00:08

anybody know where the subtitle file is on this site...can't find it

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 11th, '07, 00:23

horndogbuddhist wrote:anybody know where the subtitle file is on this site...can't find it
u can go directly to the arashi vox blog for it

http://arashi.vox.com/

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 11th, '07, 00:27

omoiyou wrote:i live in nyc and personally i feel like it reflected the city pretty correctly. I'm not racist, but all the times i have been mugged were by black folks, whether it be on the train or at school, and i've lost some pretty valuable stuff (ipod, psp, wallet) so you can't say its not true
understood, but its not ONLY black people who mug people, and its not just "commonly" either, white people asian people, hispanics, you name it, they steal too. The reason people are mad is because its in something so widely viewed, its giving many people a bad look on black people in general. It's not like you can say "black people eat fried chicken" and put it in your drama with the black character always eating fried chicken just cuz a lot of black people happen to like fried chicken. White people like it to. you see my meaning? It's just one of those things you can't do unless you want to be perceived as being racist.

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 11th, '07, 00:27

Yesterday was Mao's 20th b-day. She has nice pics in a kimono from her blog. I'm not sure if the outfit is for her b-day or for an HYD episode. But she's still adorable Mao!
[url]http://www.mao-inoue.jp/diary.htm[l/url]
Last edited by remoted on Jan 11th, '07, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 11th, '07, 00:27

omoiyou wrote:i live in nyc and personally i feel like it reflected the city pretty correctly. I'm not racist, but all the times i have been mugged were by black folks, whether it be on the train or at school, and i've lost some pretty valuable stuff (ipod, psp, wallet) so you can't say its not true
I have family that live and work in New York and not once have they been robbed by a black gang that uses basketballs as weapons :roll ....Come on now a gang of robbers that goes around attacking tourist using basketballs and are afraid of fake guns...That's suppost to reflect real life New York :lol .....It would have been more realistic if they had given the gang guns or knives but then again Rui would have died with in the first few minutes into the show :roll ... I'm sorry nothing about that alley scene is something that happens in real life...If it did the police would only need fake guns to scare of robbers :D
Last edited by marie_23 on Jan 11th, '07, 00:32, edited 2 times in total.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jan 11th, '07, 00:31

KamichamaN wrote:
horndogbuddhist wrote:anybody know where the subtitle file is on this site...can't find it
u can go directly to the arashi vox blog for it

http://arashi.vox.com/
tried it just now and it saids that they aren't working

kko_lit

Post by kko_lit » Jan 11th, '07, 00:35

try the site again and look for the link that says "FIXED LINK - RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS - SOFT SUBS"

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 11th, '07, 01:00

marie_23 wrote:
I have family that live and work in New York and not once have they been robbed by a black gang that uses basketballs as weapons :roll ....Come on now a gang of robbers that goes around attacking tourist using basketballs and are afraid of fake guns...That's suppost to reflect real life New York :lol .....It would have been more realistic if they had given the gang guns or knives but then again Rui would have died with in the first few minutes into the show :roll ... I'm sorry nothing about that alley scene is something that happens in real life...If it did the police would only need fake guns to scare of robbers :D
I agree with the fakeness part, the alley scene was unnatural, you could just feel it. I mean...they attacked her with a basketball, the only realistic type line was "man let;s just search her f**king pockets" but the way the scene playe out was like "you think they knew what they were doing when they wrote this out?"

Dare_Devil09

Post by Dare_Devil09 » Jan 11th, '07, 01:03

Does anyone have the ending song of this series I really or the hold OST of this series?

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 11th, '07, 01:16

Dare_Devil09 wrote:Does anyone have the ending song of this series I really or the hold OST of this series?
Do you mean the ending song of the preview or from the last scene. And I don't think the ost is out yet, but I hope soon. Check a thread back, I think there is a link for the preview song(opening song)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 11th, '07, 01:17

100 pages! :woot:
+1

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 11th, '07, 01:38

I totally agree with ssasami.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 11th, '07, 01:45

I read somewhere the OST is coming out in March.

idtaminger

Post by idtaminger » Jan 11th, '07, 02:36

ssasami wrote: I say give em a break. Its only a TV show, and most of us weren't really meant to see it anyway.
So if something isn't meant to be seen it's acceptable? What bs logic. Just b/c it was meant for a different audience doesn't excuse the fact that racism is alive and well, and being promoted in the mainstream media. How do you think Asians would feel if they watched some of the older American films/shows featuring Asian stereotypes? (Remember the Japanese guy in Breakfast at Tiffany's?) Just b/c it was meant for an American audience doesn't excuse the racism present in those films.
marie_23 wrote: Hmmm...I think I posted on this extact same thing in this thread a while back in the manga that Hana Yori Dango is based on that alley scene was a rip off from when Makino is in france and is about to be attacked by a "french white guy"...and she is saved by Domyoji and not Rui...The director changed that part around and placed Makino being attacked in a New York alley. !
Uh...no. The France scene was w/ some serial killer/serial rapist that was stalking Paris. No mugging involved.

The NY mugging scene comes from that part in the manga (vol.29) where Makino comes to NY to convince Tsukasa to come back to Japan w/ her. And she puts her bag down and is mugged by a white guy, incidentally. And ends up in a back alley where she's accosted by a black dude, a white dude, and interestingly enough, a Japanese dude. Who takes her in, and happens to be part of the group that mugged her. And that's how she gets her stuff back in the manga. What's w/ all this mafia sht that they've introduced? Not only wasn't it in the manga, but I don't like the idea of Akira being a gangster's boy. I really dont.

Coming back to the series, the whole NY bit was SOOooo unrealistic. And I can't buy the guy who plays Junpei as this gorgeously hot male model. His smile gives me the creeps, and he's a REALLY bad actor. It really makes me wonder if they even look for talent in the Japanese TV industry. Some of the staging was ridiculous to the point where I was laughing during some high tension/drama/action moments. And Tsukushi should drop the cute schtick. So far I really prefer Season 1 in terms of staging and acting. But I'll see how it goes.

hikari00

Post by hikari00 » Jan 11th, '07, 02:43

omg... just yesterday... this thread was only up to page 40... now its a hundred!!!! omg.. and its only episode one!!! well... hanada is really gooooodddd!!!! i want to see episode 2 now!!!!! cant wait!!!

xoxo, kamiru

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 11th, '07, 02:46

I agree, it's very good.

aMishpaN

Post by aMishpaN » Jan 11th, '07, 02:52

i guess i don't expect for this drama to be perfect or anything so i guess all this stuff about it not being realistic doesn't matter much to me... didn't really take much notice of that...but yea.. it is very unrealistic to a certain extent.. but i guess it's entertaining for me anyways.. lol...
I'm enjoying this drama a lot.. and can't wait for the second episode..
it felt awkward that they did like the black stereotype in the first episode.. i mean white ppl steal too u know and so do Asians lol... wells.. besides that i guess it started out pretty cute...
only the first episode and already this much controversy... wonder what they'll show in the following episodes.. can't wait!!!!

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Jan 11th, '07, 02:55

marie_23 wrote:
What i said was the city...not the scene, sorry if you misunderstood. But really do you think i was attacked by a basketball while being robbed? No. If you really lived here you'll know, but since you aren't you can't say or judge. If you went to some worse parts of manhattan, brooklyn, or bronx you'll see how bad it is. The media also portrays New York (wrongly) as being a grand city of stardom, which makes people believe this kind of stuff don't happen here.

aMishpaN

Post by aMishpaN » Jan 11th, '07, 03:01

omoiyou wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
What i said was the city...not the scene, sorry if you misunderstood. But really do you think i was attacked by a basketball while being robbed? No. If you really lived here you'll know, but since you aren't you can't say or judge. If you went to some worse parts of manhattan, brooklyn, or bronx you'll see how bad it is. The media also portrays New York (wrongly) as being a grand city of stardom, which makes people believe this kind of stuff don't happen here.

yes i agree... NYC is portrayed and a city of luxury and comfort and well it's really not all that.. i mean i love NYC.. but sometimes i guess people don't know that like there is more to the city than TIMES SQUARE. Neighborhoods are pretty bad too in like manhattan, brooklyn and the bronx.. besides like major tourists areas... if u really go in.. a lot of people would fear like going through cause of their reputation of high thefts, and etc....

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 11th, '07, 03:42

oh my!
this is nice ^^
100 pages hohohoho, i have to be present XD yeaaaaaah!

fujitofu

Post by fujitofu » Jan 11th, '07, 03:58

I have to leave my name on the 100th page! haha

idtaminger

Post by idtaminger » Jan 11th, '07, 04:44

omoiyou wrote:If you went to some worse parts of manhattan, brooklyn, or bronx you'll see how bad it is. The media also portrays New York (wrongly) as being a grand city of stardom, which makes people believe this kind of stuff don't happen here.
It's not "wrongly" protrayed as glamourous, but I suppose myopically. NY is neither perfect nor a cesspool. You've got billion dollar highrises looking over the projects. One end of the spectrum lives right next to the opposite end. So yes, crime does occur. But not in the way protrayed in this episode, in the places visited in said episode.

And NY does happen to be the safest large city in the US, w/ the lowest crime rates. Although I would assume Japan would beat us in the safety department.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 11th, '07, 04:50

Hi!
wow.. already 100 pages...
I read somethings behind and about the racism and the reality showed at the first ep.

Well about the racism is a fact.
Is very hard to deal at the differences and Japan is a country very closed at foreigns...
(Talking by family experience too not only for what people say)
maybe recently the country is more open...
You can see from history... Japan always has been closed to foreigns but i think that is amazing how the know how to observer the outside things ( like they write... the write is based at Chinese kanji...)
Is a very complex relation.. that can be take so simply...
The racism exist. I think that we must talk... of course...but then.. talk not overreacting things but thinking about them.

About the reality showed...
I think that they never intended to HYD be a realist show...
like 'show how the real NY are'...
and somethings i think that they really exaggerated... because they wanted...
Like Asai and her friends talking about a SPACE TRIP???
How can we take this serious?
This too make a part of HYD...

But what i want to talk is about Tsukasa nightmares...
I don't think that is his father.
First, the family showed are a old son and a young daughter.
Tsukasa family is his older sister and him.
[img]http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/923454026.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/923454025.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/923454085.jpg[/img]

And then when you see the scene in slow motion you can see this
[img]http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/923453933.jpg[/img]

I think that is Tsukasa having dinner with the family...
For me.. this is a family that Tsukasa Knows and have some businesses with kaede.
Then Kaede take everything and destroy they company... or fire the father...
and the father committed suicide...
Kaede do this to show to tsukasa what can happen with tsukushi.

So what you guys think?