[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ilovehyd

Re: HANA YORI DANGO **** ROCKS.

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 21st, '07, 06:47

IndieRockerette wrote:
ilovehyd wrote:
saku_chan_desu wrote:
Episode 4 isn't even out yet XD Calm down! You'll just have to wait like the rest of us until Friday XDD.

I CAN'T ! oh jeeez.. Hana Yori Dango Really reallly is gonna kill me one day. bwahahah!
I wouldn't mind if there was a season 3. haha ;);) !
Haha I don't know if you've read spoilers for episode four yet but Arashi at Arashi Vox posted up a little summary in her blog...
domyoji hears that tsukushi has been taken away by ambulance because she has fainted. he rushes off to see tsukushi and leaves shigeru behind, but something unexpected happens.

on the other hand, while rui is taking care of tsukushi, the two end up kissing. from then on tsukushi starts to recognize her reoccurring feelings for him.

as an apology to shigeru for running out in the midst of their engagement party, domyoji says he will date shigeru, but right then something comes up once again at the makino household.

tsukushi's father is laid off and the makino family is forced to move about. tsukushi's parents moves to a fishing village to earn money. with some help from the teacher of yuki's tea group, tsukushi & susumu move into a tattered apartment. but somehow domyoji appears there...

*i hope this is where domyoji sort of flings himself onto tsukushi! PLEASE! FLING YOURSELF ONTO HER! DO IT DO IT DO IT! DO IT DO IT DO IT! RUI DATE SHIZUKA AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM TSUKUSHI! DOMYOJI! FAITO!
Next episode is going to be gooooooooooood :lol !! Ah I can't wait!!

Um yeah.. about arashivox... I dont know how to work that site.
It might sound kinda weird, but yeah, Its kinda confusing to me.
ep 4 is gonna be great. :) !
By the way, Do you know what Jun's Enjoy is? Or the link to it? Thanks!

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Jan 21st, '07, 07:07

i've got a friend who subscribes to jun's enjoy in japan.
jun (and some johnny idols) blogs not on pc, but via mobile phone (very high tech LOL).
and you gotta have a japanese mobile phone with the appropriate network and johnny subsciption or something like that to receive the idol's personal blogs^^

juns' very cute and he's very passionate about hanadan.
here's what he wrote (my translation of it ie)
jun enjoy 20070120:

"2007 has started, how's everyone?...

i'm matsumoto jun.
i've been really busy since day one of the year, but in a happy way.

the new year kicked off with the concert by the 5 of us, and the tv drama, and variety shows, print interviews etc... it's work intensive everyday.

i didn't even go for any private/personal new year celebrations, what a pity...
thus i had to update here, to let my friends see that i'm actually ok.

how was yesterday's hanadan?
tsukasa finally started to run!!!
when he finally got into action it ended >< (laughs)
how distressing~~
the real progress was about to start yo~
please look forward to every friday.

(he went on to talk about his movie blah blah blah...)

this is a photo of where i am right now. (the photo can't be downloaded from the phone >< sorry! even i can't see it T_T)
and right now i'm doing a location shoot in tokyo.
today we are filming for the 5th ep.
can you guess where this is?
please look forward to this ep.

and the hint is this photo...

recently i'm crazy about "love" (love so sweet)
really fantastic
can't stop listening to it
highly recommended to everyone yo~

jun

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 21st, '07, 07:13

fybabe wrote:i've got a friend who subscribes to jun's enjoy in japan.
jun (and some johnny idols) blogs not on pc, but via mobile phone (very high tech LOL).
and you gotta have a japanese mobile phone with the appropriate network and johnny subsciption or something like that to receive the idol's personal blogs^^

juns' very cute and he's very passionate about hanadan.
here's what he wrote (my translation of it ie)
jun enjoy 20070120:

"2007 has started, how's everyone?...

i'm matsumoto jun.
i've been really busy since day one of the year, but in a happy way.

the new year kicked off with the concert by the 5 of us, and the tv drama, and variety shows, print interviews etc... it's work intensive everyday.

i didn't even go for any private/personal new year celebrations, what a pity...
thus i had to update here, to let my friends see that i'm actually ok.

how was yesterday's hanadan?
tsukasa finally started to run!!!
when he finally got into action it ended >< (laughs)
how distressing~~
the real progress was about to start yo~
please look forward to every friday.

(he went on to talk about his movie blah blah blah...)

this is a photo of where i am right now. (the photo can't be downloaded from the phone >< sorry! even i can't see it T_T)
and right now i'm doing a location shoot in tokyo.
today we are filming for the 5th ep.
can you guess where this is?
please look forward to this ep.

and the hint is this photo...

recently i'm crazy about "love" (love so sweet)
really fantastic
can't stop listening to it
highly recommended to everyone yo~

jun
What?! I dont get it about the mobile stuff!
You can't access it Online?!
Oh my, I'd die to Read his thoughts everyday.

This sucks. :cry:

SunStar

Re: HANA YORI DANGO **** ROCKS.

Post by SunStar » Jan 21st, '07, 07:17

saku_chan_desu wrote:
ilovehyd wrote:OMGOMGOMGOMG,
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LINK FOR HYD2 EPISODE 4?
I'M DESPERATE.

D TO THE ESPERATE. !

I THINK IM GONNA GO CRY.

HOLY.

why yes, I have grown insane for hanayoridango, thanks for asking. ;) !

Oh My God.

Oh yeah, Here's a pretty decent summary of episode threee. You could read it while your watching, since there aren't any eng subs out, for all you non jap and chinese readers. ;)

http://ameblo.jp/junmatsumoto/archive-200701.html

AND! episode 1 and two in VERY goood quality!
ep1
http://stage6.divx.com/Hana_Yori_Dango_ ... eo/1083076
ep2
http://stage6.divx.com/Hana_Yori_Dango_ ... eo/1089887

GOO0D DAY!
Episode 4 isn't even out yet XD Calm down! You'll just have to wait like the rest of us until Friday XDD.
i can't believe we all will have to follow this series until March for it to end... 2 WHOLE MONTHS!!! that is going to drive every one of use crazy!!!!

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Jan 21st, '07, 07:20

I just finished watching ep3 with subs thanks to the amazing work of auroragb! She's so amazing, she should get a medal for posting the subs so fast! Anyway minnasan bear with me becos....AAAAARGHHHHHHHHH! Now I don't know how I'm gonna make it to Friday. Why is Doumyouji such a baka? Why was he suddenly tongue tied just listening to Tsukushi when he could have said something? I was seriously tearing my hair out!

Phew! Thank God for this thread, and you guys who understand. Thanks for reading! And gomen, for getting all emotional. Just needed to let it out.....

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Jan 21st, '07, 07:20

i guess it's a trend in japan? i'm also not so sure about this too...
but in japan, i was amazed that they email via phone and not sms. (it seemed very backdated to 'sms' in japan LOL)
they are very high tech ne~
so i'm not surprised that they have phone blogs instead of pc/online blogs...
besides, i think johnny can make money out of phone blog subscriptions... just guessing...

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Jan 21st, '07, 07:33

I think the reason that they have the jwebs on the phone is because most people can do basic computer stuff (email, surf the web, watch videos) with their mobile phone. That, and Johnny-san found yet another way to get the fangirls to pay up. :whistling:

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Jan 21st, '07, 07:33

whOa..hontouni arigatOu gOzaimasu 4 the sUbs..
i was really dying to see the 3rd ep.
whOa..cant wait for the sUcceeding eps..huhu.

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 21st, '07, 07:57

Ayulyn wrote:
elyusai wrote:Can someone tell me what's the title of the background music / insert song when Junpei is working in the modelling studio and where can I download it?!
The song is by Tokyo Jihen. (Lead singer is Shiina Ringo, since this is her side project)
I'm pretty sure Its called Shuraba. Here is a link to the music video on youtube.

Thanks for the info Ayulyn.

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Jan 21st, '07, 08:15

any predictions on what will happen between Yuki and Nishikada? i'm dying to know what happens to them? did they have anything in the manga?

aYakaNam1

Post by aYakaNam1 » Jan 21st, '07, 08:18

wow, every one's so hooked with the drama! xD

Then again so am I, hahaha

溺でしょう!! XDD
つくしと司!!!!
SunStar wrote:any predictions on what will happen between Yuki and Nishikada? i'm dying to know what happens to them? did they have anything in the manga?
I don't know if it's a spoiler or not but better safe then sorry.
er . . . not that I know of

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 21st, '07, 08:22

roswell990 wrote:
IndieRockerette wrote:Auroragb just finished the subs! Thank you soooo much!

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=17229
Hontoni Arigatou Gozimashita !! :cheers: :cheers:

thank u soooo much 4 ur hard work , that definitely made my day ...

thank u

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much for the subs.. :cheers: :salut: :salut:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 21st, '07, 08:24

For people who can't upload if from d-addict I upload it to them in the uploading site..
Come & download the subs..
:thumleft:

http://www.uploading.com/files/E7MNN5S1 ... _.srt.html

SVEvenstar

Post by SVEvenstar » Jan 21st, '07, 08:41

any predictions on what will happen between Yuki and Nishikada? i'm dying to know what happens to them? did they have anything in the manga?
In the manga...
It's quite complicated, but I'll try to summarize it. Basically, ignoring the Sara storyline (girl who was Nishikado's friend who he fell in love with. He hurt her by standing her up one day, and she walked away and everything ended, which is why he's a playboy now, according to him), Yuki finally accepts that Nishikado will never have her as his girlfriend. However, before she lets go, Yuki and Nishikado do sleep together (after Nishikado tells Yuki that he could never love her in that way, he makes a comment that he's cold, and Yuki yells, "I'll warm you up!" She flushes after saying that, but then adds, "I want to revolutionize myself!" and he smiles and says he won't stop in the middle this time, and the next picture you have is of them under the sheets), and after that, Yuki moves on, saying that Nishikado gave her a beautiful memory and now she can truly love someone else. Wow, that was a lot of run-on sentences...lol
Hope that helped! :-)

dunnoy

Post by dunnoy » Jan 21st, '07, 08:43

arabian wrote:For people who can't upload if from d-addict I upload it to them in the uploading site..

Awesome, thank u so much, could u also upload it if sub ep 4 and up comes out?? again thank u

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Jan 21st, '07, 08:52

grrr was anyone else dissapointed in how ugly sara looked in the drama? (no offense to the actor). its just that the sara in the manga was soooo cute and jumpy. she was one of my favorite character too because of her looks and enthusiasum :glare:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 21st, '07, 09:01

dunnoy wrote:
arabian wrote:For people who can't upload if from d-addict I upload it to them in the uploading site..

Awesome, thank u so much, could u also upload it if sub ep 4 and up comes out?? again thank u

Ok.. but eps 4 still not aired in japan .. when it'll aired & they finish sub the eps4 I'll upload it that will be nexr week..

Littleautumn

Post by Littleautumn » Jan 21st, '07, 09:06

Anooo... Sorry for asking that, but does anyone where I can watch the third episode online ? I mean a streaming thing. 'Cause my computer is really not made to use Torrent... Therefore...

Anyway... So far, I've watched the two episodes. It's... WAH. I loved it ! Actually, after viewing the forts season, I read the manga and I was kinda afraid to be disappointed by the current season. But not at all ! The story is based on th manga main lines, but it also has its own 'little things'. I mean... Well you see what I mean. Besides, even if my favourite pairing is the Tsukasa/Makino, I liked the way they lead the Rui/Makino plot... Can't wait to see more 'bout that...

Daaah, I'm really dying to see the next episoooooooodes...

Oh, and also... I was wondering [or those who read the manga] :
Do you think we'll see the amnesya part ? When this baka na Tsukasa loses his memories...

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 21st, '07, 09:16

Whoa. Is all of D-addict in this bloody thread? Ahh, well, I've lost my old user name (slippy), but it's good to see some of the regulars from the first HYD thread again: Kath, FY, MakinoSabr. Y'all had great insights last year and I hope to read you again

Anyhoo, I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I like what they've done with the adaptation this season. The writers are taking the extra step here to reinterpret the manga from a really different context. It's as if they're taking those story arcs, but writing the psychology and emotions as if all this really did happen after the manga.

This changes everything. Because what season 2 seems to locking us into is how much Tsukushi and Tsukasa have changed since the year, and how love can be the most incovenient thing to the realities of family, responsibilities, and career. Yeah, mummy is a villain here, but so are the practical circumstances with being a Doumyoji, as well as Tsukushi not knowing what the heck is going on.

From the first frame, there's been indelible sadness, but also a knowing one. For longtime fans of HYD, they're watching yet another recreation of their favorite scenes and story arcs. But here, and this is where season 2 seems to be making its mark, they've made it poignant. Makino is fighting the same battles, with school, with her not-rich background, with her feelings toward one loveable ****, with figuring out who is really her ally/friends. The difference, here, is that Makino seems to realize it too, and it hurts her much more because none of it had to be this way, as if it were a bad dream. She loves him, shouldn't have everything changed?

And as badly as Doumyoji has treated Makino, there's actually so much love coming from him underneath the surface. Doumyoji is knowingly playing a version of his **** himself from the first season, but it's so half-hearted, so deeply sad and passionless. He knows he's being a jerk again, but notice how he always backs off from the killer blow. He never really humiliates her. He never really yells at her as he used to. He wants to hurt her just enough so that he doesn't have to hurt her anymore.

I just love this melancholy interpretation. This is the adult interpretation of their Saturn bond. Doumyoji recognizes the monster in himself, but at the same time, his heart is fully grown and he's trying his best to be responsible by becoming the monster again. Makino reopens up all her wounds of self-inferiority, but now she's trying to push her heart forward toward her future and some closure with Doumyoji.

If the Saturnian necklace is about suffering and surviving all obstacles to have a still uncertain future, to give their weeds-in-the-garden love a shot at eternity. Then here the adult reflection of Saturnian necklace is in the challenge of two people changing quickly and the plodding, forward push of life itself.

Their adaptation on Shigeru was absolutely spot-on. Ahhh, major crushage. :D Also kinda dug the Nana Osaki-ish outfits she wore in some of the scenes. Yum.

I've always seen Shigeru as both Mrs. D's and the manga-ka's way of tweaking the reasons why Doumyoji initially fell in love with Makino. On paper, she's strong willed, throws a good punch, and is unafraid of him. And she's also affectionate and warm and all that other good stuff. On paper, Doumyoji should be crazy about her, because superficially she's a lot like Makino except rich and therefore "acceptable" in their world.

Shigeru's my favorite female character in the story, but I felt her story arc was a bit too . . .intense . . . for the overall tone of the manga. But, in this adaptation, it'll be perfect. Look for K-drama level weep-age in future epis. :D

Finally, Inoue Mao is a lock for another nomination. If Jun's performance encapsulated the madcap soul of the first season, then this bittersweet drama-comedy is going to fly on her mood changes. At the emotional rate of this show, she could become the frontrunner halfway into the quarter.

LittleAutumn:
>> Do you think we'll see the amnesya part ? When this baka na Tsukasa loses his memories...

I don't think they will, because that arc was very unpopular with most readers. If they do the complete Shigeru storyline (i.e. the onsen scene), it's probably going to take them through episode 6-7. They'll need to resolve Yuki/ Nishida, Doumyoji's past, etc. There's not enough time. And my hunch is that the ending episode will be Shizuka's wedding or Makino's graduation.

If the writers want to take a chance at K-drama histrionics, they would have Makino experience the amnesia. It would open up a can of worms between Rui and Doumoyji, because Rui could legitmately vy for her heart then, and it would simply Shigeru's storyline.

And let's face it -- it will let Makino give Doumyoji the sucker punch he's been landing on her all this time, you know?

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Jan 21st, '07, 09:37

mao is good (but unstable), but nino is better.
there are lots of contenders for best actor/actress this season.
there's still kimutaku...
but i hope nino will win. coz he's also very good in his drama. i haven't seen kimutaku's yet...

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 09:58

belleza wrote:Whoa. Is all of D-addict in this bloody thread? Ahh, well, I've lost my old user name (slippy), but it's good to see some of the regulars from the first HYD thread again: Kath, FY, MakinoSabr. Y'all had great insights last year and I hope to read you again

Anyhoo, I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I like what they've done with the adaptation this season. The writers are taking the extra step here to reinterpret the manga from a really different context. It's as if they're taking those story arcs, but writing the psychology and emotions as if all this really did happen after the manga.

This changes everything. Because what season 2 seems to locking us into is how much Tsukushi and Tsukasa have changed since the year, and how love can be the most incovenient thing to the realities of family, responsibilities, and career. Yeah, mummy is a villain here, but so are the practical circumstances with being a Doumyoji, as well as Tsukushi not knowing what the heck is going on.

From the first frame, there's been indelible sadness, but also a knowing one. For longtime fans of HYD, they're watching yet another recreation of their favorite scenes and story arcs. But here, and this is where season 2 seems to be making its mark, they've made it poignant. Makino is fighting the same battles, with school, with her not-rich background, with her feelings toward one loveable ****, with figuring out who is really her ally/friends. The difference, here, is that Makino seems to realize it too, and it hurts her much more because none of it had to be this way, as if it were a bad dream. She loves him, shouldn't have everything changed?

And as badly as Doumyoji has treated Makino, there's actually so much love coming from him underneath the surface. Doumyoji is knowingly playing a version of his **** himself from the first season, but it's so half-hearted, so deeply sad and passionless. He knows he's being a jerk again, but notice how he always backs off from the killer blow. He never really humiliates her. He never really yells at her as he used to. He wants to hurt her just enough so that he doesn't have to hurt her anymore.

I just love this melancholy interpretation. This is the adult interpretation of their Saturn bond. Doumyoji recognizes the monster in himself, but at the same time, his heart is fully grown and he's trying his best to be responsible by becoming the monster again. Makino reopens up all her wounds of self-inferiority, but now she's trying to push her heart forward toward her future and some closure with Doumyoji.

If the Saturnian necklace is about suffering and surviving all obstacles to have a still uncertain future, to give their weeds-in-the-garden love a shot at eternity. Then here the adult reflection of Saturnian necklace is in the challenge of two people changing quickly and the plodding, forward push of life itself.

Their adaptation on Shigeru was absolutely spot-on. Ahhh, major crushage. :D Also kinda dug the Nana Osaki-ish outfits she wore in some of the scenes. Yum.

I've always seen Shigeru as both Mrs. D's and the manga-ka's way of tweaking the reasons why Doumyoji initially fell in love with Makino. On paper, she's strong willed, throws a good punch, and is unafraid of him. And she's also affectionate and warm and all that other good stuff. On paper, Doumyoji should be crazy about her, because superficially she's a lot like Makino except rich and therefore "acceptable" in their world.

Shigeru's my favorite female character in the story, but I felt her story arc was a bit too . . .intense . . . for the overall tone of the manga. But, in this adaptation, it'll be perfect. Look for K-drama level weep-age in future epis. :D

Finally, Inoue Mao is a lock for another nomination. If Jun's performance encapsulated the madcap soul of the first season, then this bittersweet drama-comedy is going to fly on her mood changes. At the emotional rate of this show, she could become the frontrunner halfway into the quarter.

LittleAutumn:
>> Do you think we'll see the amnesya part ? When this baka na Tsukasa loses his memories...

I don't think they will, because that arc was very unpopular with most readers. If they do the complete Shigeru storyline (i.e. the onsen scene), it's probably going to take them through episode 6-7. They'll need to resolve Yuki/ Nishida, Doumyoji's past, etc. There's not enough time. And my hunch is that the ending episode will be Shizuka's wedding or Makino's graduation.

If the writers want to take a chance at K-drama histrionics, they would have Makino experience the amnesia. It would open up a can of worms between Rui and Doumoyji, because Rui could legitmately vy for her heart then, and it would simply Shigeru's storyline.

And let's face it -- it will let Makino give Doumyoji the sucker punch he's been landing on her all this time, you know?
very well said!!! handsdown!!! u just encapsulated the whole essence of HYD2 :salut:
I couldn't add more :lol
I agree that this season is the poignant interpretation of Domyoji and Makino's passionate, beautiful love :wub:

limyenju

Post by limyenju » Jan 21st, '07, 10:02

HANA YORI DANGO SEASON 2 EP 3

(chinese sub)

can be found at

http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 21st, '07, 10:26

Just finished watcging Eps 3:
My heart broke when i saw makino said byebye to Doumyoji & the song was really great in this sitituion.. I'm waiting for what will happen next eps specially rui & makino in the hospital and the embarresed sitituion between makino & Doumyoji..
as usual I can't wait to see what will happen next eps..Can't wait really.. :crazy:

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Jan 21st, '07, 11:08

Sahra! Good to see you, too! I haven't talked to Sylvia in like 2 weeks. Actually that was our only talk in a year or so. But something's telling me we're gonna have a lot of opportunities to talk about for the next couple of weeks. :D

It's also great to see people like slippy again! There's nothing to add to what you wrote. I'm kind of speechless. Exactly my thoughts and feelings. *sigh*
Uhm, speaking of people from back then in 2005, I think there was someone with the name hmm_yeh, too who joined our discussions quite a couple of times...

Anyways, about Junpei...
You know what? Even now I'm still wondering (as I've been constantly doing ever since I watched the first episode of season 2) WHY he was there at all. The whole Junpei arc is just so pointless without Doumyouji around. Or maybe they were just pointing out again that the now oh so sensitive Doumyouji was a real jerk in the past and that he's now without Tsukushi for sure. I don't really understand. Aside from Doumyouji letting himself beat up for Tsukushi's sake there's another very crucial scene that occurs in the Junpei arc: It's when Doumyouji gets all jealous and mad and swears to follow Tsukushi anywhere, may it be hell or whatever. Of course they couldn't make him say THIS as it would have been totally out of place but well... why not just skip Junpei then?
Ah, let's just talk about better characters. Shigeru for instance! I was so totally freaking out when I heard she's in this! I adored her in the manga and I do so in the drama, too. I saw the actress in "Attack No 1" already and I liked her. I think she's making a flawless Shigeru. As it's clear Doumyouji doesn't care for her and secretly still loves Tsukushi she's not even bothering me one bit.

Rui was a little strange in the last episode though. The preview is also quite promising as we see Shizuka coming back after Rui kissed Tsukushi. Ho, ho. You know what? Somehow I'm getting the feeling we will get the bus scene with Rui in Amon's place...
Aww, you're writing your final paper now? That sucks... I wish you good luck though. But don't leave us all alone because you're busy. :whistling: :P
Last edited by Kath-Lee on Jan 21st, '07, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

mazerius1st

Post by mazerius1st » Jan 21st, '07, 11:18

I just watched the 3rd episode and it was so powerfull emotionally. I can't wait for the next one. Isn't a way to move time forward so friday can come a lot quicker? :D

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Jan 21st, '07, 11:59

SVEvenstar wrote:
In the manga...
It's quite complicated, but I'll try to summarize it. Basically, ignoring the Sara storyline (girl who was Nishikado's friend who he fell in love with. He hurt her by standing her up one day, and she walked away and everything ended, which is why he's a playboy now, according to him), Yuki finally accepts that Nishikado will never have her as his girlfriend. However, before she lets go, Yuki and Nishikado do sleep together (after Nishikado tells Yuki that he could never love her in that way, he makes a comment that he's cold, and Yuki yells, "I'll warm you up!" She flushes after saying that, but then adds, "I want to revolutionize myself!" and he smiles and says he won't stop in the middle this time, and the next picture you have is of them under the sheets), and after that, Yuki moves on, saying that Nishikado gave her a beautiful memory and now she can truly love someone else. Wow, that was a lot of run-on sentences...lol
Hope that helped! :-)
I wanted to write that, too... I'm not sure how far they will go with that in the Dorama, I'm pretty convinced they will not show
Nishikado and Yuuki together in bed. That would not fit the all in all mood of the series at all. Also, they've started out making Nishikado quite nice in the first and even 2nd episode. I never really got the feeling that he's such a terrible womaniser. That was mostly due to the fact they didn't give enough screen time to Akira and Soujiro in Season 1. BUT at the end of Episode 3 Yuuki does join a tea ceremony group in her school to learn more about tea in order to have something to talk about with Soujiro, and a girl welcomes her. At that point the camera zooms in in a way that makes it obvious that this person will be introduced as another plotline in the next Episode. So it looks like they will be using the whole "Sara" plotline - NOOOO!!! I'd hate Yuuki and Soujiro just giving up and not getting together with anyone. It's weak, in a way. But then, nothing happens with Akira either.

Yekiel

Post by Yekiel » Jan 21st, '07, 12:09

inutikidude wrote:grrr was anyone else dissapointed in how ugly sara looked in the drama? (no offense to the actor). its just that the sara in the manga was soooo cute and jumpy. she was one of my favorite character too because of her looks and enthusiasum :glare:
Yep, thought so too. Let's just hope that because she's not pretty enough, they will "reinterpret" the storyline to
Nishikado and Yuuki getting together rather than just spending a night together... Ha, I'm not making sense here... :whistling:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 21st, '07, 12:16

I agree about Junpei, Kath.
And the 2nd half of Junpei didn't make sense. Okay, say you detain Makino. How do you tell Doumyoji that you got the girl. How long did you really expect to detain her while he takes a red eye back to Japan? When did Tsubaki come back from New York? How the heck did she find their lair? Uhm, shouldn't Junpei in jail? Where's the scene where Makino gets kidnapped? Argghhhh!!!!

They might as well crossed Junpei with Makino's dorky guy friend, and have her hook with Sakurako.
Just finished episode 3. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the drama has improved on Shigeru storyline from the manga.
I just loved, LOVED how they've used the Shigeru storyline to amplify the emotions in this story, to really bring out the emotional fallout from their breakup. The manga, these two kids were coming out of the Rui, then Junpei confusion, etc. Here, they're coming out of having really tried a relationship, and admitting their love for each other. Way more poignant.

The bit where Shigeru and Tsukushi are hugging is one of the best scenes in either season. It's quietly devastating, you know? It couldn't have worked that way if it happened during the 1st season.

They did Mao's makeup, so that she looked like the walking dead -- pale, bags around the eyes, too tired to fight anymore, and too trapped in Shigeru's warm hug to speak her mind and knock down the truth. Unwrap the irony of their contrast. Shigeru is a uproar of happy tears, her arms clenching a friend like a child. And Makino is a slow burn of tired, bitter ears, she's not really hugging back. It's over; it's over.

Continuing with the earlier episodes, the scenes between her and the school are just sad, sad stuff. She's hunched over her work almost like a robot, smaller than she's ever looked before, while her classmates are like bitter sports talk hosts taking shots at their love. She could show her fighting spirit, but what would be the point anymore? Nothing's better than it was before. She's more alone than before.

One thing I'm picking up is how few lines Shun has given the number of scenes he's in. I know Rui's the quiet type, but it's like he kinda floats into scenes, thinks about something, and then kinda disappears from the scene. Tell us something; are you still with Shizuka? what do you think of Makino and Doumyoji? Something man!!! I'm glad they're going to do something with Rui in episode 4, if nothing else but to make him move forward as a character.

I liked how the show tweaks certain things from the first season in order to underline how far they've fallen. The whole sequence about Doumyoji waiting for Makino (with Shigeru spying on him.) Doumyoji's little Fight Club habit. Makino finding jobs to deal with her dad's fiscal irresponsibility.

Makino's wardrobe has steadily picked up. The equestrian-ish outfit she wore walking with Rui was class. I was originally a fan of Rui/Makino in the manga, but in this adaptation, Rui x Makino would essentially be Makino trying to rewrite her history, go back on her decision, trying to go back to "when things were simple." And, it would be the same with Rui, since he's experiencing drama between him and Shizuka. Rui loves Makino, but maybe he's running away too, just as Makino is?

The comedic rhythms are finally back. It's interesting how they've made Shigeru, not Doumyoji, the source of most of the comedy now. It's let the writers really make Makino let go. I ugh don't remember Makino crying quite this much in the manga. :D

Finally, year old cookies are gross man.
I had reservations after episode one, but the show has hit two homeruns in the row. Maybe this could be the first show where the 2nd season is better.

Finally, I love the score they've done here. There's a vivacious bit where this piano is kinda galloping a long, it's like something you'd hear from a good Kimataku show. And they have another theme that really hones in on the melancholy.

F4

Post by F4 » Jan 21st, '07, 12:36

Thanks honey but can u download it as realplayer :cry: plzzz

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 21st, '07, 12:43

F4 wrote:

Thanks honey but can u download it as realplayer :cry: plzzz
That's just the subtitle file .. If you mean the video file you can download the raw in torrent section..
Here is the link for the raw file ..
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44052.htm

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Jan 21st, '07, 13:28

First of all I agree:
it's kind of gross he actually tried the cookie after a year. So why's Tsukushi the one that eventually collapses?? :P
belleza wrote:
How do you tell Doumyoji that you got the girl. How long did you really expect to detain her while he takes a red eye back to Japan? When did Tsubaki come back from New York? How the heck did she find their lair? Uhm, shouldn't Junpei in jail? Where's the scene where Makino gets kidnapped?
[/spoiler]
I was wondering too: Just how on earth did she get there?
The reason why Junpei isn't in jail is probably the same as in the manga: Aftr the F4 guys beat him up they don't seem to think it's necessary to do any more. Strange but, well, that's just Hanadan for you. *shrug*
They might as well crossed Junpei with Makino's dorky guy friend, and have her hook with Sakurako.
Fantastic! :lol
They did Mao's makeup, so that she looked like the walking dead -- pale, bags around the eyes, too tired to fight anymore, and too trapped in Shigeru's warm hug to speak her mind and knock down the truth. Unwrap the irony of their contrast. Shigeru is a uproar of happy tears, her arms clenching a friend like a child. And Makino is a slow burn of tired, bitter ears, she's not really hugging back. It's over; it's over.
Let me tell you your analyses are brilliant. (Not only about this particular scene but about
Tsukushi at school after she broke up with Doumyouji, as well!I really enjoy reading them.
You know, this scene made me think a lot too. In both manga and anime I didn't quite understand Tsukushi for being so passive. At first I was even really mad she was congratulating Shigeru and hugging her back. Putting myself in her place, I definitely wouldn't have the strength to cheer on her like that. The drama though gave me goosebumps. It felt so real. I think the drama adaption made me really understand Tsukushi's feelings.
Btw. "Doumyouji's little Fight Club habit" really made me laugh. :lol

I'm actually rather happy Doumyouji isn't as ditsy as he was in the first season. Though Doumyouji does have his silly moments he's mostly serious I think. (DEAD serious, literary... )

Lastly, as for the soundtrack, I like it a lot better than the first one. Though "Planetarium" is a great song I think it didn't really go with Hanadan. "Wish" was even worse in my opinion. I really like Arashi's new single though, as Utada Hikaru's insert song is pretty catchy.
Last edited by Kath-Lee on Jan 21st, '07, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

ic3chic

Post by ic3chic » Jan 21st, '07, 16:42

hi
em, ewwwww. the eating a year old cookie part is gross. hehe. i cant wait for ep 4! omg rui kissing makino! im tsukasaxmakino fan, but i like rui too, he is sweet, and love to see tsukasa gets jealous, hehe. and of course tsukasa falling on makino scene, can't wait!

HaJoSa

Post by HaJoSa » Jan 21st, '07, 16:46

arabian wrote:Just finished watcging Eps 3:
My heart broke when i saw makino said byebye to Doumyoji & the song was really great in this sitituion.. I'm waiting for what will happen next eps specially rui & makino in the hospital and the embarresed sitituion between makino & Doumyoji..
as usual I can't wait to see what will happen next eps..Can't wait really.. :crazy:
Me too...... :goggle:

Littleautumn

Post by Littleautumn » Jan 21st, '07, 17:05

Finally watched the third episode... Duuuuuuuuh, I'm dying to see more.. The sppoilers at the end are sooooo... Can't waiiiiit, caaaaan't...

Anyway, about Junpei's arc... Well, it may seem pointless for the moment. But the serie isn't ended yet. Who knows if we're not gonna see him again ?

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jan 21st, '07, 17:08

Very good!
I love Hana yori dango :wub: :wub: :wub:

xMarinax

Post by xMarinax » Jan 21st, '07, 17:13

i wanna download episode 3 from clubbox. can somebody give me please a link to clubbox?
:)

docipain

Post by docipain » Jan 21st, '07, 17:17

Weeeeh weeeh Can't wait till next weekend ;______; and i am not at home then omg T________T but <3<3<3
I wanna see the Ruimaki Kissing scene ;_____;...but yes...a 1 year old cookie...it's uneatable i guess? thats why he trow it in the trash XD ...although i have really respect for domyouji o__O to keep a cookie for one year without eating it..i couldnt do it xDD *cookie addicted*
2 months left @____________@ we will die for sure! XD

aimberyo

Post by aimberyo » Jan 21st, '07, 17:29

docipain wrote:Weeeeh weeeh Can't wait till next weekend ;______; and i am not at home then omg T________T but <3<3<3
I wanna see the Ruimaki Kissing scene ;_____;...but yes...a 1 year old cookie...it's uneatable i guess? thats why he trow it in the trash XD ...although i have really respect for domyouji o__O to keep a cookie for one year without eating it..i couldnt do it xDD *cookie addicted*
2 months left @____________@ we will die for sure! XD
haha! I felt the same way! That and I was thinking 'that can't taste good'

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Jan 21st, '07, 17:36

It sounds crispy though... for a one year old cookie. :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 17:42

yeh but the saddest scene about cookie was when
tsukasa was looking so sad and he was touching the cookie,thinking of tsukushi...that cookie really was the only thing that she gave him :cry:
also another heartbreaking scene was when
tsukasa was telling shigeru that he`ll try to love her and stuff but he had tears in his eyes :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: that thing surrely hurt him like hell cos he realised that trying to love shigeru would mean giving up tsukushi forever.....also the scene with tsukushi saying "bye bye!" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and i dunno why but when i saw rui crying i felt like tears will start falling,i mean i`m used to seeing tsukushi and tsukasa crying and my heart aches everytime i see them crying but when i saw rui crying i was like :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
all in all another great super mega great episode.....heartbreaking totally heartbreaking and the end even if it should`ve cheered us up it seemed even sadder to me as tsukasa
started to run disperately to the hospital...his sad,worried expresion and his struggling to get there as soon as possible seemed so sad to me!

najimta

Post by najimta » Jan 21st, '07, 18:43

first of all *big hug* to arabian for the subs.
second watchin the 3rd ep with the subs.... that was one heck of an intense episode.

rwar! now i haveto wait until friday again. ahh hyd is killing me slowly but surely with all this waiting.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jan 21st, '07, 18:50

Well...the Osen scene wasnt in ep. 3 after all...mildly disappointed.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 21st, '07, 19:04

belleza wrote:Whoa. Is all of D-addict in this bloody thread? Ahh, well, I've lost my old user name (slippy), but it's good to see some of the regulars from the first HYD thread again: Kath, FY, MakinoSabr. Y'all had great insights last year and I hope to read you again

LittleAutumn:

Your post captured a lot of my thoughts about this season of Hana Yori Dango...This season for some reason seem much more mature then the first season...It's sort like everyone in Hana Yori Dango emotional bonds are very stronger now so it hurts :cry: to see all of them so sad...I think this season will end the way you said in your spoiler also...though I would love for Makino and Doumouji to become engaged at the end... :lol

Jokester

Post by Jokester » Jan 21st, '07, 19:05

I know this is probably and old question but does anyone out there know what the name of tsukasas ringtone is the one that sounds like a march when he calls makino ?

Id really like to get it if anyone can help

yzzil5

Post by yzzil5 » Jan 21st, '07, 19:08

Jokester wrote:I know this is probably and old question but does anyone out there know what the name of tsukasas ringtone is the one that sounds like a march when he calls makino ?

I might sound stupid for saying this...idk...I think it is a star wars song 0_o

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Jan 21st, '07, 19:13

yzzil5 wrote:
Jokester wrote:I know this is probably and old question but does anyone out there know what the name of tsukasas ringtone is the one that sounds like a march when he calls makino ?

I might sound stupid for saying this...idk...I think it is a star wars song 0_o
But it's correct. It's the Star Wars tune indeed. :-)

I wanna have it too. :glare:

ilovehyd

Subs to ep 3

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 21st, '07, 19:21

Can anyone give me the link to english subs for episode 3?
OR maybe the link to watch it online?
Please and thanks, homeslices! :D !

I think I cried throughout every part everyone thought was sad. bwaahahaa, I'm sensitive ;) ! Actually, the only time I ever cry is when I watch sad movies or whatever. >< !

Tsukasa & Makino all the way! < 3.

But I still lo0o0ove Rui < 3!

Jokester

Post by Jokester » Jan 21st, '07, 19:33

Got it I just downloaded it I just wish i could get it to sound like the ringtone lol it sounds so cool that way

Jokester

Post by Jokester » Jan 21st, '07, 19:33

Kath-Lee wrote:I wanna have it too. :glare:

pm me and ill msn it to you give me your msn or aim

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 21st, '07, 19:47

Littleautumn wrote:Anyway, about Junpei's arc... Well, it may seem pointless for the moment. But the serie isn't ended yet. Who knows if we're not gonna see him again ?
junpei was a one-time guest appearance.
it was more heartbroken for me to see Tsukushi saying "congratulations" to Shigeru. While Shigeru was crying on her shoulder out of happiness, Tsukushi must have been crying for her lost love on Shigeru's shoulders. The irony...

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 19:50

lsqB wrote:
Littleautumn wrote:Anyway, about Junpei's arc... Well, it may seem pointless for the moment. But the serie isn't ended yet. Who knows if we're not gonna see him again ?
junpei was a one-time guest appearance.
it was more heartbroken for me to see Tsukushi saying "congratulations" to Shigeru. While Shigeru was crying on her shoulder out of happiness, Tsukushi must have been crying for her lost love on Shigeru's shoulders. The irony...
[/quote

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
that was one of the saddest scenes from the 3rd ep

chack

Post by chack » Jan 21st, '07, 19:53

Urh.............
I had the coolest dream.
I dreamt about Rui. Lol.

Anyways, la la la.
Wonder when the subs will come out.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 19:56

chack wrote:Urh.............
I had the coolest dream.
I dreamt about Rui. Lol.

Anyways, la la la.
:lol :lol :lol :lol i dreamt that there was a sequel movie for hyd,and they were having a mondial premiere for it! :lol and i really dreamt a good part of how that movie was :lol

ps:the subs are out!search for them few pages behind :P

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 21st, '07, 19:58

i dont know if this has been posted but its a download of the FULL "arashi- love so sweet" song. its AMAZING its got the bit at the end like wish where all the music stops and they slow all the singing down. LOVIN' IT :D http://winkychan.livejournal.com/726.html
Has anyone heard the "normal" version of utadas flavor of life. i heard the one in HYD is the "ballad" version, and theres gonna be a "normal" version. i guess itll be like distance and final distance :/

chack

Post by chack » Jan 21st, '07, 20:01

lee`s little alien wrote:
I had the coolest dream.
I dreamt about Rui. Lol.

Anyways, la la la.
:lol :lol :lol :lol i dreamt that there was a sequel movie for hyd,and they were having a mondial premiere for it! :lol and i really dreamt a good part of how that movie was :lol

Lol, awesome.
And thanks. xD

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:06

chack wrote:
I had the coolest dream.
I dreamt about Rui. Lol.

Anyways, la la la.

Lol, awesome.
And thanks. xD
he he!don`t mention it!the person that made the soft sub did an awsome job!thanx again! :cheers:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:07

oh, how I wish that they will give us a very happy and satisfying ending 8) a closure ending for Tsukasa and Makino, not the way the amnga ended :glare:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:09

blue_smurf wrote:oh, how I wish that they will give us a very happy and satisfying ending 8) a closure ending for Tsukasa and Makino, not the way the amnga ended :glare:
hey hey partner!!!!*daydreams*i`m sure there will be a happy ending for those two!it has to!

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:12

marie_23 wrote:
though I would love for Makino and Doumouji to become engaged at the end... :lol
that's what I'm wishing for :w00t:
anyways, they have tweaked some scenes from the manga so it's a possibility XD

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Jan 21st, '07, 20:12

Haha, looks like everyone's having funny dreams these days. I didn't exactly dream of anyone particular from the Hanadan cast but I was in the cafeteria. I had a gorgeous lunch! :lol

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:15

blue_smurf wrote:oh, how I wish that they will give us a very happy and satisfying ending 8) a closure ending for Tsukasa and Makino, not the way the manga ended :glare:
hey hey partner!!!!*daydreams*i`m sure there will be a happy ending for those two!it has to!
partner!!! :w00t: till now, my heart's so heavy :cry: :lol
that Utada song nailed HYD2 :wub:
i'm trying to be optimistic about the ending...oh please, don't let it end like some of those crappy K-dramas (no offense meant) :unsure:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:15

blue_smurf wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
though I would love for Makino and Doumouji to become engaged at the end... :lol
*feels the curiousity level increasing* as i never read the manga :lol but.......nope i have to control myself and to resist until the final episode! :alcoholic: :cry:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:19

blue_smurf wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:oh, how I wish that they will give us a very happy and satisfying ending 8) a closure ending for Tsukasa and Makino, not the way the manga ended :glare:
partner!!! :w00t: till now, my heart's so heavy :cry: :lol
that Utada song nailed HYD2 :wub:
i'm trying to be optimistic about the ending...oh please, don't let it end like some of those crappy K-dramas (no offense meant) :unsure:
considering the fact that hyd is much better than MG(no offense meant and is just what u heard ,i never saw the drama).....we have all the reasons to be optimystic :mrgreen: :wub: what do u think about ep 3?have u seen it? :wub: :cry:

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 21st, '07, 20:20

D: i want one of those dreams...occasionaly i plan in my head what id say if i saw one of the cast members walking past me in my town or something, and i get so into it i believe its happening for a minute or so, you should all try it

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 21st, '07, 20:21

blue_smurf wrote:
marie_23 wrote:
*feels the curiousity level increasing* as i never read the manga :lol but.......nope i have to control myself and to resist until the final episode! :alcoholic: :cry:
they've more than tweaked them, they've created something entirely new. The base plot is still pretty much the same regarding shigeru/domyouji/tsukushi/misunderstandings and some of the things that happen are the same but as a whole, hanadan2 deviates greatly from the manga...like a whole lot. So even if you read the manga, you wouldn't fully know what was going on.

I'M SO EXCITED dude...the previews for episode 4 made me scream, no joke, midnight in my room just screaming my brains out (luckily my parents weren't home)

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:21

lee`s little alien wrote: *feels the curiousity level increasing* as i never read the manga :lol but.......nope i have to control myself and to resist until the final episode! :alcoholic: :cry:
I read few parts of the manga..skipped a lot because of work and went ahead to the ending XD I hope it ends the way the anime did like a crash wedding or a better tweaked version XD

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:24

KamichamaN wrote:
they've more than tweaked them, they've created something entirely new. The base plot is still pretty much the same regarding shigeru/domyouji/tsukushi/misunderstandings and some of the things that happen are the same but as a whole, hanadan2 deviates greatly from the manga...like a whole lot. So even if you read the manga, you wouldn't fully know what was going on.

I'M SO EXCITED dude...the previews for episode 4 made me scream, no joke, midnight in my room just screaming my brains out (luckily my parents weren't home)
hyd2 is unpredictable which makes it all the more exciting and overwhelming to our senses XD...I'll just keep my eyes close for any ep. 4 spoilers :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:24

KamichamaN wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:

:lol :lol :lol :lol i almost knocked my monitor down when tsukasa
started running to the hospital :lol the kind of reaction for"way to go man!!!!!!!!!"
Last edited by lee`s little alien on Jan 21st, '07, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:25

blue_smurf wrote:
lee`s little alien wrote: *feels the curiousity level increasing* as i never read the manga :lol but.......nope i have to control myself and to resist until the final episode! :alcoholic: :cry:
I read few parts of the manga..skipped a lot because of work and went ahead to the ending XD I hope it ends the way the anime did like a crash wedding or a better tweaked version XD
yeh yeh! a wedding! :w00t: that would be great!!!!! :wub:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:27

blue_smurf wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:

hyd2 is unpredictable which makes it all the more exciting and overwhelming to our senses XD...I'll just keep my eyes close for any ep. 4 spoilers :lol
gambate!i managed to keep myself away from the spoillers so far!but i couldn`t keep myself away from the RAW version :lol :|

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:28

that loveable **** (as how belleza describes Tsukasa XD ), I wanna kiss him, hug him ,and choke him at the same time XD

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 21st, '07, 20:29

partner, I have to go now...off to work XD

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:30

blue_smurf wrote:that loveable **** (as how belleza describes Tsukasa XD ), I wanna kiss him, hug him ,and choke him at the same time XD
:lol :lol :lol :lol just hold him tight hun!he`s in so much pain right now! :cry:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 21st, '07, 20:31

blue_smurf wrote:partner, I have to go now...off to work XD
oki partner!take care!we`ll talk again tomorrow!that`s ironic as i`m heading to sleep :lol :lol :lol :lol it`s 22:30 in my country :lol

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 21st, '07, 20:34

blue_smurf wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:

gambate!i managed to keep myself away from the spoillers so far!but i couldn`t keep myself away from the RAW version :lol :|
unfortunately, some people get overexcited and...forget the spoiler tag exists and so we sometimes get spoilers. But! There's always denial (hahahaha *cries*)
but really, this series! every episode has been intense! I think I ike this season (so far) better than the first season because this season is really really intense and a lot more suspenseful and deep than the first which was a whole lot of fluff (though I still loved it)