[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
nalika

Post by nalika » Feb 19th, '07, 01:51

marie_23 wrote:
princess_jime wrote:Right, but I've heard that johnnys are allowed to date, just not publicly, because of that whole thing that happened with that kimura guy (he announced he was going to get married and some hard-core fans went as far as commit suicide...crazy!)
OMG! people really killed themselves over that?!!! Wow, that is going beyond being a fan of a star...Some people take it way too far... :blink
so agreed...committing suicide is way overboard...

anyways i finally caught up with ep. 7 and realized that makino and Doumyouji were together
through out the whole episode... can't wait for episode 8...

kiki

Post by kiki » Feb 19th, '07, 03:01

this is my interperetion for hanadan, for dom and makino
this season is purely on the struggle of makino and dom on their love road. along the road, dom had stumble and had walk away from her, but slowly he turn and saw her, he turn back and run toward her, giving his hand toward her, asking her to gave him a chance so they could one more walk together along this road, eventhough there are alot of obstacle, the first love, the clinging fiancee, evil mother and guilt along the road, in the ep. 8 preview, he told her he going to protect her, so take his hand with no hesitation and together they would walk to end of the road, if they got distracted along the road, they only need to look at each other and together they could walk hand in hand and at the end the reward will be sweet and that where they would can finally be together. pretty lame but this is how i see this season. they had to fight this together from now on, and i hope they fight it without giving it up, so gambatee to both of them.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 03:17

well said kiki^^

ndoodles

Post by ndoodles » Feb 19th, '07, 03:51

kiki wrote:this is my interperetion for hanadan, for dom and makino
this season is purely on the struggle of makino and dom on their love road. along the road, dom had stumble and had walk away from her, but slowly he turn and saw her, he turn back and run toward her, giving his hand toward her, asking her to gave him a chance so they could one more walk together along this road, eventhough there are alot of obstacle, the first love, the clinging fiancee, evil mother and guilt along the road, in the ep. 8 preview, he told her he going to protect her, so take his hand with no hesitation and together they would walk to end of the road, if they got distracted along the road, they only need to look at each other and together they could walk hand in hand and at the end the reward will be sweet and that where they would can finally be together. pretty lame but this is how i see this season. they had to fight this together from now on, and i hope they fight it without giving it up, so gambatee to both of them.
Wow, that was deep. That's why I love this show so much!!! It just brings the romance out of me!!

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Feb 19th, '07, 04:56

hi people
actually, this has nothing to do with the actual topic but im just to curious about this.
I bought Arashi's new single Love so sweet limited edition and i want to know the details of this product, but the problemis, that yesasia.com wrote this in japanese XD
and i was wondering if someone here with japanese reading knowledge could help me to understand it by translating it for me ^^

arigatou, thanks a lot!!! ...in advance =P

sry for the trouble =)

[img]http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/70/117/c1004611770.png[/img]
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/a ... 004611770/

zinaa

Post by zinaa » Feb 19th, '07, 05:29

ndoodles wrote:
kiki wrote:this is my interperetion for hanadan, for dom and makino
Wow, that was deep. That's why I love this show so much!!! It just brings the romance out of me!!

am sooo up for ep8....... :alcoholic:

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Feb 19th, '07, 13:50

yup dudez! cant WAIT for ep8!! it's gonna be soooooooo good!!!!!!!!! whoo hoo!!!!! :D

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 17:53

I still gotta watch episode 7 :blink

I kno lol im slow

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Feb 19th, '07, 17:59

Aznightdreams do you love kat-tun to??? i LOVE them!!!! I love akanishi JIN!!!!! whoo hoo!!! lol hehe rotfl haha!! :D

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 18:08

They r my favorite band tied with NewS!

Jin is my second fav member after Kame hehe^^

I luv his voice!

Marquart

Post by Marquart » Feb 19th, '07, 18:24

does anybody pls know, where can i download the first two episodes of HYD2 in 1280x720 version? persei's cb has only the last episodes... or where to look for? thanks

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 19th, '07, 18:27

Eternal Snow wrote:ne~ Johney Entertainment is not only in Japan...?? it`s world-wide :O..?? would someone please tell me..??
It's pretty much Japan only, they recruited some folks overseas to team with yamapi recently, but they are really Japan only

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 18:29

auroragb wrote:
Eternal Snow wrote:ne~ Johney Entertainment is not only in Japan...?? it`s world-wide :O..?? would someone please tell me..??
It's pretty much Japan only, they recruited some folks overseas to team with yamapi recently, but they are really Japan only
Ya so many people kno about it from the internet

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Feb 19th, '07, 19:48

AzNightDreams wrote:
auroragb wrote:
I heard there is also a "Johnny's Entertainment" branch in Taiwan :blink

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Feb 19th, '07, 20:04

BxLibra wrote:
AzNightDreams wrote:
auroragb wrote:It's pretty much Japan only, they recruited some folks overseas to team with yamapi recently, but they are really Japan only
hee~ :O sokka~.. but a branch in Taiwan..? this is the first time i`m hearing about it.. i thought there was a branch in Thailand.. like GM ? they`re Johney`s right?

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 19th, '07, 20:12

I watched episode 7 yesterday. I like how they changed Soujiro's love story... but I can't wait till next episode! I'm starting to get suspicious on Shigeru... she's kinda more like the anime character... pleaseeeee!!! Don't tell me they'll have a similar ending cos I HATED the end of the anime.

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Feb 19th, '07, 20:13

Eternal Snow wrote:
BxLibra wrote:
AzNightDreams wrote:
hee~ :O sokka~.. but a branch in Taiwan..? this is the first time i`m hearing about it.. i thought there was a branch in Thailand.. like GM ? they`re Johney`s right?
Johnny's Entertainment has a lot of branches. I think there really is one in Taiwan, if im not mistaken. Its worldwide recruitment of singers. :cheers: Or so I think.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 20:18

Oh theree is??

I kno Johnny Entertainment is popular around the world but I never knew they had different branches :blink

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Feb 19th, '07, 20:22

I just found out like a few weeks ago, boy am I slow? :whistling:

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Feb 19th, '07, 20:33

haruhi-san wrote:
Eternal Snow wrote:
BxLibra wrote:
Johnny's Entertainment has a lot of branches. I think there really is one in Taiwan, if im not mistaken. Its worldwide recruitment of singers. :cheers: Or so I think.
Ah Johnny's Entertainment is soooo creepy! It's hard to believe that Jun and Yamapi belong to that old pervert :-( . You're right, there is one in Taiwan. They're taking over the world, one boy band at a time! Johnny's Taiwan site: http://www.j-asia.net/

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 20:52

Thats cool lol

Yeah I cant believe they are with such a pervert O.o"

God it must be creepy working with him

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Feb 19th, '07, 20:53

Lets talk about another topic since that current one is OT.

If there was a HanaDan SPECIAL, what would you like to see in this special? What would you prefer or not prefer.
(I hope you didnt talk about that topic already).

PS: Dont forget! We have to beat the yamapi thread haha. (jk)

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 21:34

Yeah we were kinda getting off topic lol

Wow I haven't thought of a special.. hmm maybe something nice like Makino and Tsukasa's wedding hehe^^

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Feb 19th, '07, 21:38

MiIiyah wrote:Lets talk about another topic since that current one is OT.

If there was a HanaDan SPECIAL, what would you like to see in this special? What would you prefer or not prefer.

I kinda want to see a special of what happens after the last episode
like if they have children after they get married, what happens to the company and maybe even what happens between soujiro and yuki, rui, shigeru, and akira
that is if its not explained in the manga already (never read it)

janna25

Post by janna25 » Feb 19th, '07, 23:12

I just watched episode 7~ It was really nice ^_____^

I read the manga a long long time ago so I might not remember things correctly...but I think they changed Soujiro's story around a bit..right??

I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left!!~

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 23:38

BxLibra wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:Lets talk about another topic since that current one is OT.

I kinda want to see a special of what happens after the last episode
like if they have children after they get married, what happens to the company and maybe even what happens between soujiro and yuki, rui, shigeru, and akira
that is if its not explained in the manga already (never read it)
Im glad im not the only one who hasnt read the manga lol

bewitched1101

Post by bewitched1101 » Feb 19th, '07, 23:44

I haven't read the manga either!!!!!!!!!

I'm gald that I didn't. I like not knowing what's going to happen!!!!

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 19th, '07, 23:59

Me 2 thats why I discipline myself from reading spoilers lol

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 20th, '07, 00:00

janna25 wrote:I just watched episode 7~ It was really nice ^_____^

I read the manga a long long time ago so I might not remember things correctly...but I think they changed Soujiro's story around a bit..right??

I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left!!~
yeah they did:
Sara's his first love, that's true, but he doesn't realizes it till Yuuki shows him what the building were saying. In fact, is Sara who's madly in love with him, but she doesn't dare to confess cos Soujiro's always dating different and hot girls, and treats her like a sister. But when he realizes he has hurt her, he becomes more player with girls. Yuuki's the one who makes him realize that he missed a once in a lifetime oportunity to love someone.

I bet they change that cos they wanna make Soujiro and Yuuki be a couple. Well, he was different from the beginning, in last season he was kinda a shy guy, that dated too many girls, but that got shy with good ones. The manga's Soujiro is a playboy.

Yuuki never got Soujiro to fall in love with her, but she fullfilled her dream of having sex with him. It was her fantasy, and Soujiro gave it to her. They become good friends after that, who know if there is a second part, maybe he'll realize Yuuki's the one...
I don't think we get to see that kind of ending to this story in the series. They already changed the plot to show us a tender Nishikado-san, who misses his oportunity to be with his first love.

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Feb 20th, '07, 00:23

AzNightDreams wrote:
Im glad im not the only one who hasnt read the manga lol
haha yeah I think there are a few of us that haven't read the manga
:cheers:
In a way i kind of want them to make a 3rd season but then again I don't want them too cause I don't want to them drag the series on longer than it should
anyone agree or disagree?

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Feb 20th, '07, 00:48

I also haven't read the manga. I'd be happy if they would release it in Germany :thumright:
But they didn't so far.
BxLibra wrote: In a way i kind of want them to make a 3rd season but then again I don't want them too cause I don't want to them drag the series on longer than it should

I agree :-)
I'd like to see a 3rd season, but only if the story is still as good as now. ^^

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 01:03

Yup I agree also...

Like Meteor Garden, personally I think they should have stopped in the first season..

If the second season had a happy ending, I would like for it to stop^^

A special, I think, will be alright tho

eegybur

Post by eegybur » Feb 20th, '07, 01:17

AzNightDreams wrote:Yup I agree also...

Like Meteor Garden, personally I think they should have stopped in the first season..

Yeah same here!
although I would love it if they did a supplementary series for Hana Yori Dango like they did for Meteor Garden. Meteor Rain, I believe it was so called, focused on F3. Each F4 member had their own mini series and story. :-)
It would be soooo cool if they did the same thing for F4 instead of a season 3!

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 20th, '07, 01:25

eegybur wrote:
AzNightDreams wrote:Yup I agree also...

Yeah same here!
although I would love it if they did a supplementary series for Hana Yori Dango like they did for Meteor Garden. Meteor Rain, I believe it was so called, focused on F3. Each F4 member had their own mini series and story. :-)
It would be soooo cool if they did the same thing for F4 instead of a season 3!
i agreeee. and yea for meteor garden they did meteor rain which was actually reallyyy good even though meteor garden 2 sucked :blink

i'm afraid of them doing a season 3 of hyd since it might become really long but i think a special/ mini series would be GREAT

season 2 hasnt even ended yet and we're always discussing the possiblities of season 3 :lol

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 20th, '07, 01:29

AzNightDreams wrote:Me 2 thats why I discipline myself from reading spoilers lol
haha me too :D

i havnt read the manga either but i've watched meteor garden which might spoil some parts of hyd season 2

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 20th, '07, 01:35

I am definitely against a 3rd season. because will be dragging the story for sure and we have to see and deal with 2nd or 3rd shigeru and what will be the reason for makino and domyouji's second break up and then getting back together? it will just ruins the HYD and HYD2 endings.
i also don't want them to leave any open ending because that's how they left in HYD and after such a nice ending, we got to know in HYD2 that they already have broken up.
i am loving HYD2 at the moment but can't help not to feel that they dragging the story already. there are too many emotions involved in this series that sometims gets me frustrated and emotional too. HYD was so sweet in that term that everyone know what they feel exactly.
Domyouji fell in love with makino when makino has already fallen in love with rui and rui is desperately in love with shizuka. at the end, everyone is persuing their own true love but in HYD2, everyone (except for Dom and maybe shigeru) has too many doubts about who they love. all these emotions needs to be rapped up by end of this season otherwise by the time of the 3rd season, it would be hard to go back to like before.
sometimes less is more. HYD2 is already good and even gets better if it has right ending.
the only way that i can think of a third season is they go beyond the manga and start the story where tsukasa and tsukushi are already a couple. even in this case, i am not that hopful about its story appeal.
we need to learn to let things go. as for a special, i don't mind it if again, has nothing to do tsukushi and tsukasa breaking up again and then getting back together

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 01:38

bl00_4ng31 wrote:
AzNightDreams wrote:Me 2 thats why I discipline myself from reading spoilers lol
haha me too :D

i havnt read the manga either but i've watched meteor garden which might spoil some parts of hyd season 2
Yeah lol but they kind of mix things up in HYD so im still clueless as to what's going to happen O_O"

oh and well said Issy
I completely agree with what you are saying.. We wouldn't want such a good series to be dragged on :blink

SinisterPrince

Post by SinisterPrince » Feb 20th, '07, 04:20

I watched 7 on saturday. Then again on sunday. Then again today, and I'm tempted to watch it again, do you think this is obsessive behavior? If so, do you think it's unhealthy at all?

junmao03

Post by junmao03 » Feb 20th, '07, 05:58

xxTsukushixx wrote:I also haven't read the manga. I'd be happy if they would release it in Germany :thumright:
But they didn't so far.
BxLibra wrote: In a way i kind of want them to make a 3rd season but then again I don't want them too cause I don't want to them drag the series on longer than it should

I agree :-)
I'd like to see a 3rd season, but only if the story is still as good as now. ^^
hmmm.. 3rd season? i don't think so..
but a 2 hour - special wouldn't hurt .. :lol

CrAcKaJaP206

Post by CrAcKaJaP206 » Feb 20th, '07, 08:34

If anyone is interested, the retail version of the HYD2 theme song is released

Arashi - Love So Sweet

Password: www.iijpop.com

i got the link from iijpop so i don't take credit for upping it.[/url]
Last edited by CrAcKaJaP206 on Feb 20th, '07, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

lilangryaznangel

Post by lilangryaznangel » Feb 20th, '07, 08:56

CrAcKaJaP206 wrote:If anyone is interested, the retail version of the HYD2 theme song is released

Arashi - Love So Sweet

i got the link from iijpop so i don't take credit for upping it.[/url]
what's the password to get the file? I cant read japanese so it hard for me to figure out what the password has to be.

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Feb 20th, '07, 10:40

SinisterPrince wrote:I watched 7 on saturday. Then again on sunday. Then again today, and I'm tempted to watch it again, do you think this is obsessive behavior? If so, do you think it's unhealthy at all?
If you don't get bored xD
I instead watch other doramas to shorten the time until the next episode.
(which doesn't mean that I only care for HYD, I also love those other doramas)
I watch every episode twice, because my parents want to watch them with me again :-)

Tatsuki

Post by Tatsuki » Feb 20th, '07, 11:13

@Issy: I completely agree with you! A third season would definetly ruin the end of the second season!

But does the success of HYD demands maybe a 3rd one?!?!?!?!
I would like to see a third season which takes place a few years later with Domyouji and Makino as a couple maybe even as a family :mrgreen:

But before they completely ruin it, it's better not to produce a 3rd one!!!

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Feb 20th, '07, 11:39

password is www.iijpop.com

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Feb 20th, '07, 12:35

i read the whole manga
the Hana yori dango 1 is tottaly from the manga
but this one is tottaly different from what happend
in the manga
its new events
so i hope it will be a new ending too

^_^ makino looks cute in maid clothes yay!!

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Feb 20th, '07, 13:43

They arent going to produce another one because in the anime they only have two seasons. This drama is based on the anime, but just a little bit different. But i very much doubt it they are gonna have a third season.
I agree with the special but not a third season. It ruins the ending!
Same here i like to watch other dramas to keep me occupied instead of waiting for the next episode of hana yori dango2 ep8 to come out. :)

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 15:13

*kawaii* wrote:i read the whole manga
the Hana yori dango 1 is tottaly from the manga
but this one is tottaly different from what happend
in the manga
its new events
so i hope it will be a new ending too

^_^ makino looks cute in maid clothes yay!!
I hope it will be a new ending 2
tho I havent read the manga.. I dont realli like when the series goes according by the manga in exact detail because then u kno wut is going to happen and all that ><

btw *kawaii* I luv ur avatar lol

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 20th, '07, 15:17

mmm I would like a 3rd season, but I must admit that series would be the same, so I rather have a new dorama with the same cast, and different plot, maybe in a College scenario... Something funny. Dunno, I've just love the whole cast of these series.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 20th, '07, 16:38

:blink been away for one day and i had to read 8 pages to catch up with u!
Kath-Lee wrote:
Good luck! You seem intelligent to me so I'm pretty sure you made it. :-)
As for Doumyouji: Yeah, that must be it. Add, he's matured faster than Doumyouji in the manga or anime as he has been in NY for one whole year. I guess such experiences really do make one change... Did I mention I've started watching Hanadan all over again? I must say it feels kind of weird to compare both seasons, and the charas' relations to each other. Doumyouji was a real jerk in the first season. But at the same time I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I find his kind of character the most interesting in stories: deep and somewhat dark on the surface but deep down vulnerable as anyone else, and so desperately yearning for love. :cry:
i passed the last exam too!!! :alcoholic: *phew*one week vacation here i am :lol
i re-saw hyd season 1 with my sister and her boyfriend few weeks ago...but i feel that if i watched it now i wouldn`t have the patience to see it again!i can`t wait to see what will happen next in the 2nd season which for me seemed to be more mature...i dunno there is something different about this second season the story goes deeper...the emotions are stronger....i mean the sadness from the first 4 episodes was unbearable...season 1 wasn`t so deep into this feelings...as first tsukasa realised that he was inlove with tsukushi then tsukushi had to figure out her feelings which she did only in the last episode!but in the 2nd season they both know that they love eachother so strong that they can`t live without eachother! :P

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 20th, '07, 16:51

mcg wrote:but I must admit that series would be the same, so I rather have a new dorama with the same cast, and different plot, maybe in a College scenario... Something funny. Dunno, I've just love the whole cast of these series.
agree !^_^ :lol maybe an opposite hanadan,where mao would be the heir of a huge company and matsujun would be the poor man?!? :lol :lol :lol :lol i`m sure i`d love another dorama with this cast no matter what story it`d have! :wub:

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 16:53

That would be hilarious!

Imagine Makino with the meanie mom and Tsukasa with the funny family haha

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 20th, '07, 17:01

AzNightDreams wrote:That would be hilarious!

Imagine Makino with the meanie mom and Tsukasa with the funny family haha
:lol :lol :lol :lol he`d fit in perfectly :lol as he`s pretty crazy himself :lol i think it would be great to see him interacting with makino`s mean mom :lol if he`d be a type to make fun of her it`d be even better :lol

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 17:28

yup lol

The 2nd season hasn't finished yet and we're talking about a whole new series lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 20th, '07, 17:52

AzNightDreams wrote:yup lol

The 2nd season hasn't finished yet and we're talking about a whole new series lol
because we can`t get enough of them :lol

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 18:11

Yup lol

it'll be great if all of them starred in a new drama together^^

That reminds me.. I still haven't watched episode 7 O_O"

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 20th, '07, 18:21

AzNightDreams wrote:Yup lol

ussoooooo! O_O u MUST watch it ASAP!along with the 4th the 5th,the 7th episode was the best episode from both seasons!in my oppinion :mrgreen: :wub:

lilangryaznangel

Post by lilangryaznangel » Feb 20th, '07, 18:27

omoiyou wrote:password is www.iijpop.com
Thank you so much!

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 20th, '07, 20:11

It would be great if we could request a drama per season. I mean request the cast, the type of plot, and then leave it all in hands of good writers, producers... whatever it's needed LOL!

I agree, seeing them switching positions would be great LOL. But I would rather see more changes, something like different scenario, even if it's a College, maybe a company, dunno any scenario that would change the situation a little bit. The thing is I would like to see most of the cast members in a new drama.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 21:32

lee`s little alien wrote:
AzNightDreams wrote:Yup lol

ussoooooo! O_O u MUST watch it ASAP!along with the 4th the 5th,the 7th episode was the best episode from both seasons!in my oppinion :mrgreen: :wub:
I definitely will!when i have time

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 20th, '07, 21:33

mcg wrote:It would be great if we could request a drama per season. I mean request the cast, the type of plot, and then leave it all in hands of good writers, producers... whatever it's needed LOL!

I agree, seeing them switching positions would be great LOL. But I would rather see more changes, something like different scenario, even if it's a College, maybe a company, dunno any scenario that would change the situation a little bit. The thing is I would like to see most of the cast members in a new drama.
Yeah it would be pretty interesting to see them in a college but an entirely different story.. I just want to see them in any drama hehe

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Feb 20th, '07, 21:39

Awww, man. Im sure going to miss this drama when its gone. If they could all appear together in another drama it would be awesome.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Feb 20th, '07, 23:55

haruhi-san wrote:Awww, man. Im sure going to miss this drama when its gone. If they could all appear together in another drama it would be awesome.
I'll only miss Inoue Mao playing Makino Tsukushi & Matsumoto Jun as Domyoji Tsukasa :cry: everyone else was okay in their roles. If they can make these two Inoue Mao and Jun star in another drama together would be so "Great" :lol they look wonderful together on camera.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 21st, '07, 02:10

oh of course! Their so cute together^^

and Oguri Shun too(Rui) too!

Well that could just be the fact that Im a fan of him hehe

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 21st, '07, 04:10

Yeah, I just don't think HanaDan has enough storyline to really do another season.

This season, they’ve more or less built the storyline around the triangle, a la K-drama. And it's worked great because they've moved their story past where the manga ends, giving long-time fans context curve balls. Doumyoji actually takes his adult responsibilites seriously; Makino has to come back from a broken heart; Hikki can't restrain herself. Let the drama melo. ;) (Gotta agree with Kath -- who is this Doumyoji that actually listens to his girlfriend? :thumleft: )

I think as long as the show has been about relationships -- about deep, long-term stuff about friendships and relationships -- it's been great. Their scenes plays much richer than the first season. But, I think the 2nd season has also treated the plot as an ornament to the Makino/Doumyoji "baggage claim." Shigeru and Rui seem to kinda float in and out of scenes as a distraction. They don't really seem "real" as love rivals, because they're not really "relating" to the maincharacters. The mum kinda glowers from her mantle, but she hasn't been active as a villain.

I think once you've spent the triangle, there's nowhere else for the show to go. They could do the amnesia arc, but nobody (but me!) wants that. For laughs, they could give Makino leukemia and turn this into One Litre of Doumoyji's Blood. They could have Makino go to a Taiwan school and then do the J-F4 vs. TW-F4 romantic octagon. (International relations at stake!)

The other thing is, well Kamio will probably write a HYD sequel, and I'm kinda angtsy about HanaDan mucking up the timeline. I mean, if Makino actually did choose Rui, what the hell man . . .

nalika

Post by nalika » Feb 21st, '07, 04:19

marie_23 wrote:
haruhi-san wrote:Awww, man. Im sure going to miss this drama when its gone. If they could all appear together in another drama it would be awesome.
I'll only miss Inoue Mao playing Makino Tsukushi & Matsumoto Jun as Domyoji Tsukasa :cry: everyone else was okay in their roles. If they can make these two Inoue Mao and Jun star in another drama together would be so "Great" :lol they look wonderful together on camera.

yeah...it'll be great if they were cast again in future drama...love these two... :wub:

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Feb 21st, '07, 05:23

nalika wrote:
marie_23 wrote:

yeah...it'll be great if they were cast again in future drama...love these two... :wub:
I heard rumors that Jun and Mao are really very close to becoming a real life couple. If there is another drama that they can starred in, it will be a huge kick to their real life relationship.

If Jun keeping seeing Mao even after HYD 2 is done with another drama starring with only them, Jun will definitely be able to say to Mao that "we should date at least."

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Feb 21st, '07, 06:03

i think in reality it would be moving to a 3rd and final series, due to the story...
how can they wrap up this clusterf--- of emotions in only about 3-4 eps?

i doubt HYD fans would be satisfied with that. soo just make a 3rd and final season of HYD and finish it off and leave it at that.
to me theres a LOT more things they have to overcome to get their love life to where they want it!

also i want HYD to go out with a bang, such as Densha Otoko. that was perfect... even the SP. i wouldnt like HYD to go out fizzling... thatd be very dissappointing considering the following that they have around the world. dont you think?

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 21st, '07, 06:11

CarolL wrote:
nalika wrote:
marie_23 wrote:

I heard rumors that Jun and Mao are really very close to becoming a real life couple. If there is another drama that they can starred in, it will be a huge kick to their real life relationship.

If Jun keeping seeing Mao even after HYD 2 is done with another drama starring with only them, Jun will definitely be able to say to Mao that "we should date at least."
that's pretty interesting....i havn't heard anything about mao and jun having anything going on but i've heard rumors about mao and matsuda.....

but then again those are just rumors

and jun being a JE boy wouldnt be allowed to date >.<"

but she's freaking one of the luckiest girls on the planet of earth :crazy:

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Feb 21st, '07, 06:24

bl00_4ng31 wrote:
CarolL wrote:
nalika wrote:

that's pretty interesting....i havn't heard anything about mao and jun having anything going on but i've heard rumors about mao and matsuda.....

but then again those are just rumors

and jun being a JE boy wouldnt be allowed to date >.<"

but she's freaking one of the luckiest girls on the planet of earth :crazy:
However, JE boy can still date. But, they cannot announce it to the public that they are dating.

Have you seen interviews between Jun and Mao since HYD 2 started? Something fishy is going on with Jun, I think he's in love since early Nov or Dec of 2006 and that is when HYD 2 started filming and of course there's Mao too.

I noticed ever since the Tokyo Park II Game show and to now, Jun was filled with happiness when he was with Mao and his personality changes so much these two months when he was filming HYD 2. Also, that peformance in Music Station (2-16-2007), he was glowing with happiness and joys because he must had a wonderful and romantic V-day on 2/14/2007. He used to be very serious and cold before and now he seems to open up like his character Domyouji in HYD 2.

savagett

Post by savagett » Feb 21st, '07, 06:38

lilswtangel wrote:
xYuki wrote:i like shun (rui) what other drama do you guys recommend seeing him in?
you can check out shun's wiki for a list of filmography he's been in~ :)

yes, there's a long list filmography for him..but actually, he is supporting role in most of them... :cry:
the mosting interesting is when people said he played a role in I.W.G.P.(ikebukuro west gate park), and I searched the video ep02 several times, in vain. Finally, they said, he is only one member of G-boys, there's only his voice and back sight.....lol
also, in summber snow, fire boys , ...you will find him as a supporting role..
recently, I watced <waters>, he is leading role, the story is about host...but qutie boring...
Attachments
orguri shun in film
orguri shun in film
waters_26.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 6753 times

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 21st, '07, 06:39

haha. yea jun is always a lot more hyper lately :]

but there was some chemistry going on between matsuda and mao in tokyo friend park too :] who knows?

and i think if a JE boy wanted to date....he can't let johnny know, much less let the public know...

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Feb 21st, '07, 06:42

savagett wrote:
lilswtangel wrote:
xYuki wrote:i like shun (rui) what other drama do you guys recommend seeing him in?
you can check out shun's wiki for a list of filmography he's been in~ :)

yes, there's a long list filmography for him..but actually, he is supporting role in most of them... :cry:
the mosting interesting is when people said he played a role in I.W.G.P.(ikebukuro west gate park), and I searched the video ep02 several times, in vain. Finally, they said, he is only one member of G-boys, there's only his voice and back sight.....lol
also, in summber snow, fire boys , ...you will find him as a supporting role..
recently, I watced <waters>, he is leading role, the story is about host...but qutie boring...
he's the main lead in the detective conan live drama special which is about....2 hours-ish? and he's really hot in that one too :]

he's also one of the main leads in stand up as well as gokusen

he's a great actor so i hope you enjoy his dramas :]

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 21st, '07, 08:19

However, JE boy can still date. But, they cannot announce it to the public that they are dating.
That sounds right. After all, if you were Yamapi, would you stay a virgin? I don't think so. ;)
heard rumors that Jun and Mao are really very close to becoming a real life couple. If there is another drama that they can starred in, it will be a huge kick to their real life relationship.
Just out of boredom . . . I kinda took a look at their compatibility chart . . . yeah, there's some legs there. That being said, to me, they look like a sibling friendship more than anything, and honestly I'd figure it's Inoue Mao crushing, not Jun. I actually think Shun and Mao look cuter together. Just saying. ;)

Also I figure Mao's kinda in a great, but weird place in her career. She would have played in two megahit shows in the past 3-4 years. Among starring actresses under the age of 24, she probably have the #1 and #2 shows in that time period. However, I don't get the sense she's considered a candidate for "It" girl status like, say, Masami Nagasawa is. And that she's attending university means that she won't be a consistent presence in commercial media until probably 21 or 22.
i doubt HYD fans would be satisfied with that. soo just make a 3rd and final season of HYD and finish it off and leave it at that.
to me theres a LOT more things they have to overcome to get their love life to where they want it!
I think only show I've seen that went into season 3 was Trick. How that show survived the first season is kinda beyond me . . . :D

Again, I just don't think there's enough story to do another season. I'm guessing that Doumyoji returns to NYC at the end of the show (he still has to finish his studies), and either Makino follows him or they renew their vows to each other. Then for a SP they do the Shigeru marraige postnote story.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 21st, '07, 09:14

i`d love to see the whole f4 and mao in another dorama!they`re all great not just matsujun and mao...the others are great too...! :wub:

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Feb 21st, '07, 14:40

yup i agree. they are ALL great! :D