[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 15:54

ARRRRRRRRRRGH im watching it on the link, with the 3 seprate vids and ive got whats goingo n up till there. ther thugs have just been hit in the back with the basketball but havent seen who it is yet...aggh shes started doing a japanese voiceover and im not too sure what shes saying. she keeps repeating something like "aidakute" could aida be an adjective, and "kute" connecting them i dunno but shes repeats it bout 10 times. the video just keeps stopping at 6 mins, anyone know what to do??aggghhh could i have an update from the subbers. cant wait L:D

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 15:56

oh, and boraddu pitto, is brad pitt, its how its said in japanese(i guess the question mark means you dont know waht it means...) and shes also says "MORE madonna" "MORE tom cruise" i found that REALLY funny ahha!

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 16:17

WAAAAAAAAAA its downloaded WAAAAAAAAA im still gonna seed it i got about 90kb/s I NEED SUBS ahhhh SOMEHWERE THERE MUST BE SUBS! how are sars and nya getting on with them? could they not be put on the net in text format when there done :/

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jan 6th, '07, 16:23

i'd like to softsub it, but im alone atm so cannot :S

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 16:37

:| why not :/ sorry i just wnat them sooo bad. i understand the jjist up until they went back to japan AHHHH ITS ANNOYING ME all the japanese ive studied and im struggling to get ANY of it *CRIES* :| theres a basic telling odf whats going on and stuff obn that site i was watching it, but it only strats translating little quotes from about 1/2 way through the ep :| i need it NOOWWW AHH :|

familyreject24

Post by familyreject24 » Jan 6th, '07, 16:48

THANK GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME!!!!

Kempo

Post by Kempo » Jan 6th, '07, 17:23

sambuk wrote:oh, and boraddu pitto, is brad pitt, its how its said in japanese(i guess the question mark means you dont know waht it means...) and shes also says "MORE madonna" "MORE tom cruise" i found that REALLY funny ahha!
No I understand but so funny how she said

Tsana

Post by Tsana » Jan 6th, '07, 17:28

I just finished watching!!! I was dying at the end... 2 hours was too short!! :cry:
....But I'm still happy :wub: The ep. was so much better than I'd imagined! :cheers:
Now I won't be able to think about anything else until next week's ep >_<
sambuk wrote: she keeps repeating something like "aidakute" could aida be an adjective, and "kute" connecting them i dunno but shes repeats it bout 10 times. the video just keeps stopping at 6 mins, anyone know what to do??aggghhh could i have an update from the subbers. cant wait L:D

She's saying aitakute, which means something like "want to meet". So she's basically saying that she came all the way to New York because she wanted to meet him so much :-)

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 6th, '07, 18:09

Its so obvious that Domyoji
He is only pushing Tsukushi away because he does not feel he can truly protector her from his mother anymore and don't want to see her hurt in the future. I mean the whole reason he went to New York was to get his mom away from Tsukushi ... Domyoji right now is tryning to forget her and I think in the next episode he'll use his new finace Shigeru to attempt just that...but it won't work cause he really does love Tsukushi
I think the next episodes we will see a very weak Tsukushi with Rui trying to hook up with her just like how he did in the manga version...

akirachan

Post by akirachan » Jan 6th, '07, 18:19

I'm so new to this forum thing that this is only my 2nd post, but I'm way too in love with HYD that I'm getting desperate.=) I would also love to have softsubs, but alas my Jap is so lacking that it will take me way to long to attempt to translate directly from Jap. However, I am bilingual in Chinese and English, so if there are chinese subs out there, I am willing to do the translations.

kudoushinichi

Oh no...

Post by kudoushinichi » Jan 6th, '07, 18:43

I'm so in love with this episode! It really feels like a continuation, but it's not boring at all.

Doumyouji-sama ga kakkoi deshou?? *melts*

I understand the major plots, but if there's a softsub or hardsub, that'd be great. Thank you for those who's working on it (I know you will, hehe)

Ruysdael

Post by Ruysdael » Jan 6th, '07, 19:20

Some spoilers to wait until next week? I for one couldn't wait.

Warning : Don't read if you don't want spoilers! Judging from the first episode and its summary, I'll say about half of the episode was told in the summary. Even though the second summary is shorter, it can still say about half of what will be happening next. Anyway, be very careful.

Tsukushi was invited by Domyoji's mother to his birthday party. However, she's taken aback by the sudden appearance of Tsukasa's fiance, Shigeru Ookawahara.
Shigeru may be the daughter of the world number one king of the oil, but her piano and singing skills are unprecedented. On top of that, for some reason, Domyoji grabs Shigeru's hand and they escape from the banquet hall.

Shigeru became attracted to (as well as repelled by) Domyoji because of his self-centeredness. She shows up at Eitoku's campus and, in front of Tsukushi and Domyoji, declares that she's going out with him!

Then, she wants Tsukushi to teach her this and that about Domyoji. She invades her house, shows up uninvited at her part-time job... She seems ready to open up her heart to Tsukushi. On the other hand, Domyoji get an inkling that his engagement to Shigeru has something hidden to it.

Tsukushi starts to be nervous about Rui Hanazawa, who's getting close to her fast. At the same time, Nishikado and Mimasaka think of a plan to get Shigeru away from Domyoji...

Encouraged by Nishikado and Mimasaka, Tsukushi, her heart set up on some decision, get in touch with Domyoji.
First episode was very nice! How can I say... By taking the story so far and going further, it feels as this episode could be the 10th as well as season 2, first episode.

I've been to NY for the first time about one week ago. I must admit I can understand why Domyoji goes to some hot-dog stand. They make very nice hot-dog and skewers on the spot. We don't have this kind of stand all year long where I live, only on festivals and special events.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 6th, '07, 19:39

Ruysdael wrote:Some spoilers to wait until next week? I for one couldn't wait.

Warning : Don't read if you don't want spoilers! Judging from the first episode and its summary, I'll say about half of the episode was told in the summary. Even though the second summary is shorter, it can still say about half of what will be happening next. Anyway, be very careful.

Tsukushi was invited by Domyoji's mother to his birthday party. However, she's taken aback by the sudden appearance of Tsukasa's fiance, Shigeru Ookawahara.
Shigeru may be the daughter of the world number one king of the oil, but her piano and singing skills are unprecedented. On top of that, for some reason, Domyoji grabs Shigeru's hand and they escape from the banquet hall.

Shigeru became attracted to (as well as repelled by) Domyoji because of his self-centeredness. She shows up at Eitoku's campus and, in front of Tsukushi and Domyoji, declares that she's going out with him!

Then, she wants Tsukushi to teach her this and that about Domyoji. She invades her house, shows up uninvited at her part-time job... She seems ready to open up her heart to Tsukushi. On the other hand, Domyoji get an inkling that his engagement to Shigeru has something hidden to it.

Tsukushi starts to be nervous about Rui Hanazawa, who's getting close to her fast. At the same time, Nishikado and Mimasaka think of a plan to get Shigeru away from Domyoji...

Encouraged by Nishikado and Mimasaka, Tsukushi, her heart set up on some decision, get in touch with Domyoji.
First episode was very nice! How can I say... By taking the story so far and going further, it feels as this episode could be the 10th as well as season 2, first episode.

I've been to NY for the first time about one week ago. I must admit I can understand why Domyoji goes to some hot-dog stand. They make very nice hot-dog and skewers on the spot. We don't have this kind of stand all year long where I live, only on festivals and special events.
yeah, It looks like thats the direction they are headed in with Domyoji and Tsukushi...When I was in New York I didn't eat any hot dogs at a hog dog stand...But then again I dislike hot dogs...

saku_chan_desu

Post by saku_chan_desu » Jan 6th, '07, 19:43

This why I hate being a n00b at the net, I can't figure out anything. None of the links eople put up want work for me at all >_<I>_<

saku_chan_desu

Post by saku_chan_desu » Jan 6th, '07, 19:45

I wish that someone would hj split it and upload it onto something >_<

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Jan 6th, '07, 20:02

If someone wants it DDL

http://jin-addict.livejournal.com/4522.html#cutid1

This is my LJ, it's not a public post.. so you can dl it. It's not splitted and uploaded on MediaFire :) My friend says the speed is up to 250 kb/s

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jan 6th, '07, 20:13

blue_smurf wrote:well, u have ur good points :-)
those were just my thoughts, actually :lol
but I think he has changed a lil bit..people change sometimes without them knowing it 8)

about that scene when he told her not to eat in that "dirty, old place"...yeah, I do recall him saying that to her BUT he still went with her to that place..I think, he wants to fit in to her level and wants to please her...from that scene alone, we could tell he's changed a lil bit and that's because of her...

stands are not really dirty places, at least in NY :lol
again, those are just my thoughts :-)

haha lol I live in NYC too... and no I didnt mean to say those stands are dirty lol but from what I know, most high class people in NY don't really buy hotdogs from stands that much, even those in office usually buy food from take out restaurants....Hotdogs are mainly sold to bypasser XDD
but yea domyouji might like it (remember in the manga he likes to eat that stuff from the stand and his sis has to learn how to cook for him XD)

Im waitin for the hardsub ^^ aw I wish Toma would appear more :cry:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 6th, '07, 21:05

woke up at 6 am (after sleeping at 4:30) and see my clubbox at 99% I was like OMGGGGG!
but the first thing I have to do when I wake up again? CLEAN MDKCJB;JDSC KJSD! Bu owell, anyone planning on subbing it yet?

saku_chan_desu

Post by saku_chan_desu » Jan 6th, '07, 21:10

Kawaii Megumi wrote:If someone wants it DDL

This is my LJ, it's not a public post.. so you can dl it. It's not splitted and uploaded on MediaFire :) My friend says the speed is up to 250 kb/s
Thanks for it :O Wow this gonna take me a whole almost 3 hours to DDL =O Oh well I can wait that long. It's atleast a much easier way for me to download :D

mandy2005

Post by mandy2005 » Jan 6th, '07, 22:04

Well, looks like season 2 is gonna cover vol 16 +++ I'm glad it does, since there would be many sweet scenes between doumyji and Makino, just can't wait !!!!
So HYD will be air every Friday?

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 22:07

aaagh!!! im watching it raw, with the breif explanations from a site posted a while back, but i NEED it subbed its not as GOOD,yet still AMAZING i just wish i understood more of what they were saying!!! where are people with subs? i dont need hardsubs all i need is a text file! ill keep switching!! agggh

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 6th, '07, 22:14

mandy2005 wrote:Well, looks like season 2 is gonna cover vol 16 +++ I'm glad it does, since there would be many sweet scenes between doumyji and Makino, just can't wait !!!!
So HYD will be air every Friday?
Yeah, your right I belief it also will cover volume 16 of the manga hana yori dango

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 6th, '07, 22:22

ok, I love hanadan...I really do, but
that scene where she got her bag stolen and the following scene with those four black dudes was really in bad taste. The language and behavior of the guys in the scene was...I don't think there's a word for it. I think it was unneccesary firstly, if they really needed that scene then it could have been with more than just four street-ish looking black guys. Even in the manga the one who stole her bag wasn't a black guy AND when tsukasa goes to NY he's helped and befriended by black guys so the use of them seems to lean towards the racist end of things. Perhaps this is just their take on what black people in america do (ie, attack females with basketballs and swear at them). The whole scene kind of pissed me off. I can't say that people's perception of black people have been helped any by popular movies and (rap) songs but really, the scene was a little too much. I had to stop watching for a second. But oh well, can't help what people believe really. I blame the mass media

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 22:30

any news on subs?????

pifernac

Post by pifernac » Jan 6th, '07, 22:34

If someone wants it DDL

This is my LJ, it's not a public post.. so you can dl it. It's not splitted and uploaded on MediaFire Smile My friend says the speed is up to 250 kb/s
I can´t download this file.... I don´t know what I´m doing wrong... I tried with mozilla and explorer...
The browser directed me to this link, but the status bar shows me that the download is ready... and nothing happened...
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmwnwkmynit...

Please help me... I want to wacth the first episode too..

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Jan 6th, '07, 22:41

pifernac wrote:
If someone wants it DDL

This is my LJ, it's not a public post.. so you can dl it. It's not splitted and uploaded on MediaFire Smile My friend says the speed is up to 250 kb/s
I can´t download this file.... I don´t know what I´m doing wrong... I tried with mozilla and explorer...
The browser directed me to this link, but the status bar shows me that the download is ready... and nothing happened...
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmwnwkmynit...

Please help me... I want to wacth the first episode too..
Well, after you got directed to www.mediafire.com, try to click the yellow button, then choose save as...

pifernac

I can´t...

Post by pifernac » Jan 6th, '07, 22:50

Well, after you got directed to www.mediafire.com, try to click the yellow button, then choose save as...
What yellow botton...? nothing happen... Look at the picture bellow... this is what the page shows me... "nothing"
Attachments
nada.JPG
nada.JPG (10.74 KiB) Viewed 2539 times

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 6th, '07, 22:53

sunmoon wrote:

haha lol I live in NYC too... and no I didnt mean to say those stands are dirty lol but from what I know, most high class people in NY don't really buy hotdogs from stands that much, even those in office usually buy food from take out restaurants....Hotdogs are mainly sold to bypasser XDD
but yea domyouji might like it (remember in the manga he likes to eat that stuff from the stand and his sis has to learn how to cook for him XD)

Im waitin for the hardsub ^^ aw I wish Toma would appear more :cry:
hehehe :lol
sorry, my post was my response to pandemonium's post XD
Toma's a cutie, too :D

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 6th, '07, 23:01

marie_23 wrote:Its so obvious that Domyoji
He is only pushing Tsukushi away because he does not feel he can truly protector her from his mother anymore and don't want to see her hurt in the future. I mean the whole reason he went to New York was to get his mom away from Tsukushi ... Domyoji right now is tryning to forget her and I think in the next episode he'll use his new finace Shigeru to attempt just that...but it won't work cause he really does love Tsukushi
I think the next episodes we will see a very weak Tsukushi with Rui trying to hook up with her just like how he did in the manga version...
Oh, that was so sweet of him :wub:
he has to be cruel just to protect her :cry:
it seems the story's getting more and more interesting :w00t:
gosh, I can't wait for the next episode and for the hardsubs :w00t:

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 6th, '07, 23:07

If anyone wanted the new Arashi song, I've uploaded it onto yousendit. It's a rip from the video but

http://download.yousendit.com/4F25489520BA6F87

there's the link! Enjoy (you can rename it when you download since it was automatically named from the video and I'm using the clubbox download which was named strangely

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 6th, '07, 23:08

Ruysdael wrote:Some spoilers to wait until next week? I for one couldn't wait.

well, based on the spoilers for ep. 1, I guess that's where the next episode is heading XD Oh, I can't wait! :w00t:

non-angelical

Re: I can´t...

Post by non-angelical » Jan 6th, '07, 23:08

pifernac wrote: What yellow botton...? nothing happen... Look at the picture bellow... this is what the page shows me... "nothing"
This is what it looks like to me when i clicked the link you gave

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 23:09

nihongo wa utsukushi go da yo ne!!!
i wish i understood more AHHHHHHH watching dramas really DOES teach you great sutff, its made me look up loads of words (that i wont remember haha) but its grreat to listen to a language that just sounds SOOO AMAZING! i even picked up "sensen wo koku yo!" or w/e it is. which i believe to mean declereation of war or w/e i understood basically all of the red-tag description scene! yay! im SOOO surprised something like that stuck id never learn it elsewhere.

WOOOOO HYD FOR THE WIN HAHA

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jan 6th, '07, 23:10

Thank you so much for the rip!!! *runs to download the song*

edit: my thanx go to KamichamaN

It's Arashi's song ^.^
Last edited by Alecsa-chan on Jan 6th, '07, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 23:12

AHHHH what song rip??? is it flavor of life? i NEED that as my ringtone, well both!!

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 6th, '07, 23:16

blue_smurf wrote:
:D Domyoji is the type of personal that can switch his personality back and further between being very sweet to totally cruel...their is never only one side of him and in the manga he switch between the two extremes a lot...I'm glad Jun is able to show that side of Domyoji so well in the drama....Domyoji in real life would be a difficult person to love...Also, I think the way he is treating her is very similar to how he treated Tsukushi when he lost his memory in the manga.....Only this time Domyoji does not lose his memory he just doesn't want to get any closer to Tsukushi for whatever reason (we might learn in later episodes why)....I think it's connected to his bad dream....

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 6th, '07, 23:20

I ripped the opening vid from the episode too if anyone wants that

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 6th, '07, 23:23

aggh ARE!! i LOVED the junpei transform/save makino scene! i must know what he screamed with such passion!!! DAKE/TAKEEEEEEEEEEE i cant seem to find it anywhere! id LOVE to be able to act with such

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 6th, '07, 23:32

flavor of life is available only with the voices in it since the only way to get it is to rip it from the drama

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 6th, '07, 23:39

KamichamaN wrote:If anyone wanted the new Arashi song, I've uploaded it onto yousendit. It's a rip from the video but

http://download.yousendit.com/4F25489520BA6F87

there's the link! Enjoy (you can rename it when you download since it was automatically named from the video and I'm using the clubbox download which was named strangely
I have downloaded it and it sounds good :wub: even if I don't understand Japanese XD

goddessrin

Post by goddessrin » Jan 6th, '07, 23:40

I've just started the ep and I have to say I'm totally loving it! Except...well...was anyone else rolling their eyes when the Shady Looking Black Guy in a Black Overcoat (so you know he's no good) stole Makino's bag?

Oh my God and then the black people who just harass Makino for no reason. Why is it that it's so hard for some to try to paint a POSITIVE picture of black people? Being black and living in New York myself, I don't know anyone who would just get pissed off at a Japanese girl for being a Japanese girl and standing in an alley with a confused look on her face. This may be hard for some people to understand, but there are actually some nice black people out there. We're not all thugs and hos. And there are some pretty vicious non-black people in New York too, so I don't see why they have to use the old Black Gang stereotype. Geez...being black myself I may have to work really hard to ignore all the stereotypes they're bound to throw into this show. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it. I just really hope I don't see any 'hoochie mamas'(TM) *shudders*.

Anyway just needed to get this off my chest.
Last edited by goddessrin on Jan 6th, '07, 23:56, edited 2 times in total.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 6th, '07, 23:46

LORD!!!!!

I'm fanning myself profusely after watching the first episode!!

Ogurin, MatsuJun, & Toma are soooo flippin' HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD! no other girl can be luckier than Makino to be screentime with Hanazawa Rui, Domoyji, & Junpei!!!

"Leave her alone......boom, I win" XD XD XD OGURIN'S SOO SMEXY!

and the classic look on Domojyji's (MatsuJun) face at the moment he sees her:
takes off shades & look of debelief "is that really Makino" look~ XD

ahhhhh...."Parting is such sweet sorrow"
-William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet (act II, scene II, line 185)

remoted

Post by remoted » Jan 6th, '07, 23:47

I love the first episode!
I love when they reunited, the sound was dropped for like 10 seconds, and you could tell they were mouthing each other's names. It really gave you that gushy feeling.

Do you think the last episode will be a wedding special? That would be so interesting, especially if makino wasn't the bride to be. I hope there is a stereotypical crash the wedding!

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Jan 6th, '07, 23:49

thanks for the song blue smurf. :D Im downloading it right now. i cant wait to see the actually video of it w/arashi. i still think the music for hyd1 was so much more perfect and magical. it fit the atmosphere of the show so well...but im sure the more i watch season 2, the more the music will grow on me & ill probably like it just as much

thanks for the song

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 6th, '07, 23:49

marie_23 wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:
:D Domyoji is the type of personal that can switch his personality back and further between being very sweet to totally cruel...their is never only one side of him and in the manga he switch between the two extremes a lot...I'm glad Jun is able to show that side of Domyoji so well in the drama....Domyoji in real life would be a difficult person to love...Also, I think the way he is treating her is very similar to how he treated Tsukushi when he lost his memory in the manga.....Only this time Domyoji does not lose his memory he just doesn't want to get any closer to Tsukushi for whatever reason (we might learn in later episodes why)....I think it's connected to his bad dream....
Domyuji is really a very complex person XD..it's good that Jun's a good actor that he was able to catch Domyuji's spirit :salut: ...I don't think Tsukasa's holding on so well with his I-want-to-avoid-you-Tsukushi act XD
marie, ur torturing me with ur spoilers XD
where can I direct download the english scanlations for the manga?

docipain

Post by docipain » Jan 6th, '07, 23:50

could you please stop spoilering? ;______;" there are some people who just wait for the subs and didnt see the first epi yet for that reason...

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 6th, '07, 23:50

goddessrin wrote:I've just started the ep and I have to say I'm totally loving it! Except...well...was anyone else rolling their eyes when the Shady Looking Black Guy in a Black Overcoat (so you know he's no good) stole Makino's bag?

Oh my God and then the black people who just harass Makino for no reason. Why is it that it's so hard for some to try to paint a POSITIVE picture of black people? Being black and living in New York myself, I don't know anyone who would just get pissed off at a Japanese girl for being a Japanese girl and standing in an alley with a confused look on her face. There are actually some nice black people out there. And there are some pretty vicious non-black people in New York too so I don't see why they have to use the old Black Gang stereotype. Geez...being black myself I may have to work really hard to ignore all the stereotypes they're bound to throw into this show. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it. I just really hope I don't see any 'hoochie mamas' *shudders*.

...ditto...
that killed it for me, I got kind of angry and those guys made me want to crawl out of my skin and die, it was soooo bad!

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Jan 6th, '07, 23:55

Finaly getting a chance to watch this now. Hope someone screecaps this episode and posts som pics up becuase I realy want to use one as a sig or ava! :)

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Jan 6th, '07, 23:56

docipain wrote:could you please stop spoilering? ;______;" there are some people who just wait for the subs and didnt see the first epi yet for that reason...
i agree wif u..any1 who wanna spoil anything..put it in spoiler quote...

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 6th, '07, 23:56

remoted wrote:I love the first episode!
I love when they reunited, the sound was dropped for like 10 seconds, and you could tell they were mouthing each other's names. It really gave you that gushy feeling.

Do you think the last episode will be a wedding special? That would be so interesting, especially if makino wasn't the bride to be. I hope there is a stereotypical crash the wedding!
Oh why must you torture me so with ur spoilers?! :hissy: XD
yeah, that scene's a classic!!! it's like they are the only people in the world with the sound being dropped for 10 sec and all :heart:
the director did a very good job for being able to come up with that scene :salut:
..the look on Tsukasa's face was priceless and he looked so HOT!!!!

a crash wedding like in the anime would be a BOMB :faint:
I hope that's how HYD2 will end :heart:
Last edited by blue_smurf on Jan 7th, '07, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Jan 6th, '07, 23:57

i love arashi song in HYD2..anyone know where can i download the song in full version???

thank u in advance...

paperlights

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 00:03

KamichamaN wrote:
goddessrin wrote:I've just started the ep and I have to say I'm totally loving it! Except...well...was anyone else rolling their eyes when the Shady Looking Black Guy in a Black Overcoat (so you know he's no good) stole Makino's bag?

Oh my God and then the black people who just harass Makino for no reason. Why is it that it's so hard for some to try to paint a POSITIVE picture of black people? Being black and living in New York myself, I don't know anyone who would just get pissed off at a Japanese girl for being a Japanese girl and standing in an alley with a confused look on her face. There are actually some nice black people out there. And there are some pretty vicious non-black people in New York too so I don't see why they have to use the old Black Gang stereotype. Geez...being black myself I may have to work really hard to ignore all the stereotypes they're bound to throw into this show. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it. I just really hope I don't see any 'hoochie mamas' *shudders*.

...ditto...
that killed it for me, I got kind of angry and those guys made me want to crawl out of my skin and die, it was soooo bad!
Add me in with yall. I was so excited to see this but now if this keeps up, I'll have to stop watching because I already get hit with the stereotype in the real world. I'd rather not have it in my entertainment. :cussing:

Really, I live in New York and I don't know of anybody from here who would hit a girl with a basketball twice because she didn't bring anything good. :roll

Rubee

Post by Rubee » Jan 7th, '07, 00:03

angelcoolz wrote:i love arashi song in HYD2..anyone know where can i download the song in full version???

thank u in advance...
the song is not out yet. :cry:
arashi are gonna release this theme song "love so sweet" 21 feb.. :-D
just have to wait ^^

yea.. I love the first ep!!!!. definitely not disapointing !!! loooove :D

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 00:07

I, being an Asian, have had my share of being stereotyped and I understand the sentiments of goddessrin :-)

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 00:07

Rubee wrote:
angelcoolz wrote:i love arashi song in HYD2..anyone know where can i download the song in full version???

thank u in advance...
just have to wait ^^

well I posted a link to the drama version of the song earlier

Rubee

Post by Rubee » Jan 7th, '07, 00:08

KamichamaN wrote:
Rubee wrote:

thank u in advance...
just have to wait ^^

a, sorry .. but thats the rip version right ??
I mean the full version.. :-)
by the way .. thank you for the ripped version.. ^^

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Jan 7th, '07, 00:09

KamichamaN wrote:
Rubee wrote:

thank u in advance...
just have to wait ^^

thanks for da link..i already download it i really love dat song so i ask for the full version one...hehe...

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 00:18

lilswtangel wrote:LORD!!!!!

I'm fanning myself profusely after watching the first episode!!

Ogurin, MatsuJun, & Toma are soooo flippin' HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD! no other girl can be luckier than Makino to be screentime with Hanazawa Rui, Domoyji, & Junpei!!!

"Leave her alone......boom, I win" XD XD XD OGURIN'S SOO SMEXY!

and the classic look on Domojyji's (MatsuJun) face at the moment he sees her:
takes off shades & look of debelief "is that really Makino" look~ XD

ahhhhh...."Parting is such sweet sorrow"
-William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet (act II, scene II, line 185)
Egad, my toes are giggling with me XD
No, no, no...I won't DL the raw..will wait for the hardsubs XD
that look on Matsujun's face is so damn HOT :faint: ...and adding to the effect are the gloves and the shades :heart:
ur becoming a poet urself, lilswtangel XD (talking about HYD addiction XD )

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 00:22

Shota Matsuda (Soujiro) is becoming more gorgeous and he's HOT too in HYD2 :heart:
of course, my MatsuJun will always be my ultimate XD

I also want the full version of Love So Sweet...hope someone can upload the full version with the opening vid through direct links, it would be appreciated :-)

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 7th, '07, 00:25

OMG i LOVE this episode 40 mins left!!!! it doesnt feel AT ALL like 00:19!!! id DIE without that website; i LOVE the person that posted it earlier! it has the clips on (which only 6 mins worked for meD:) but luckily my torrent download just finished! the site has scene descriptions and some sub type things ( though its in english with some mistakes i can get basically all of what there sayin,g im SOOOO mgreateful for these early subs/descritpin id HONESTLY DIE without them i cant wait till im watching it whth the little sars/nya! watermark in the top right corner? i wonder how there foing with subs?!?!?!?!
I understand what youre saying with the black NY stereotype. myself, im not of a minority group so i wouldnt really know how youre feeling but personally i thought the scenes were AMAZING, (maybe because i could understand them) but the expressions on her face when they threw the ball at her, and her saying "hero, how are you" i just LOVED it, even it was a white person id have loved it. but, i know black gangs in NY are a stereotype im SURE the makers meant no offense, being a japanese dorama they will probably be familiar with this stereotype, so thats why t will be used. but hey, people think in england everyone has afternoon tea with their pinkys up, and talks like the queen! haah its nothing like that. im sure if england was used (IF IT WAS ID DIE ID BE THER EEVERYDAY AND NOTHING WOULD STOP ME BEING AN EXTRA/IN IT :D:D:D:D ID PAY THEM!!!!) itd all be stereotypes aswell. im not saying iot was right of them at all; and i totlaly sympathise. but im sure no offense was meant :D PLESE dont let it spoil the show for you :D its AMAAAAAAAAAZING ! SUGOI!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 7th, '07, 00:27

I think I'll download the raw, then the subs. (thanks Kawaii Megumi, for the raw =D) I just hope someone puts the subs up for DDL, too as I've totally given up with torrents.

Gahh, too many spoilers. >_>

uezurii

Post by uezurii » Jan 7th, '07, 00:28

Oh my God and then the black people who just harass Makino for no reason. Why is it that it's so hard for some to try to paint a POSITIVE picture of black people? Being black and living in New York myself, I don't know anyone who would just get pissed off at a Japanese girl for being a Japanese girl and standing in an alley with a confused look on her face. This may be hard for some people to understand, but there are actually some nice black people out there. We're not all thugs and hos. And there are some pretty vicious non-black people in New York too, so I don't see why they have to use the old Black Gang stereotype. Geez...being black myself I may have to work really hard to ignore all the stereotypes they're bound to throw into this show. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it. I just really hope I don't see any 'hoochie mamas'(TM) *shudders*.

Man, I just shook my head when I saw the part in the alley. I guess that just any guy stealing your stuff regardless of who plays him is just a generic role. But then to follow that up with the extremely unrealistic alley scene of black gangmembers literally screaming at her (which is very racist) just made the previous one look racist too.

Nice impression of Black America for foreigners that conveniently ignores the economic reasons for hardship in the cities amongst the Black community. In that little segment, Black men are just giant angry scary thieving beat-up-on-the-tourist gang members. Ironic, considering that the show is sometimes about standing up to economic disparity (Tsukushi vs. the F4).

Otherwise it was a really nice watch.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 00:31

this is CLASSIC! Damn, matsujun is so HOT and SEXY! MY jaw dropped, too XD

goddessrin

Post by goddessrin » Jan 7th, '07, 00:40

Man, I just shook my head when I saw the part in the alley. I guess that just any guy stealing your stuff regardless of who plays him is just a generic role. But then to follow that up with the extremely unrealistic alley scene of black gangmembers literally screaming at her (which is very racist) just made the previous one look racist too.

Nice impression of Black America for foreigners that conveniently ignores the economic reasons for hardship in the cities amongst the Black community. In that little segment, Black men are just giant angry scary thieving beat-up-on-the-tourist gang members. Ironic, considering that the show is sometimes about standing up to economic disparity (Tsukushi vs. the F4).
*applauds you* You're SO right about everything, I don't think I can even add anything else to that. It is very ironic. I really want to keep watching the show so I will try not to let it bother me. Everything else is good after all and plus SHUN my goodness. I just really want to let other people in other parts of the world who maybe don't know anything about black people BUT the stereotype know that there's more than meets the eye here.

I think we do that too much. People alway stereotype other cultures because it's the easiest way to understand them. But we need to break free of that a little bit.

But all of that aside yes, the ep is turning out to be really cute! And thank GOD for Shun bringing sexy back *cries happily*.

paperlights

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 00:46

uezurii wrote: Man, I just shook my head when I saw the part in the alley. I guess that just any guy stealing your stuff regardless of who plays him is just a generic role. But then to follow that up with the extremely unrealistic alley scene of black gangmembers literally screaming at her (which is very racist) just made the previous one look racist too.

PREACH! Your second paragraph hit the nail on the head. You just sealed the main point period.

About the first guy, my roommate (a white woman surprisingly) looks at me and says "I wonder if they got the darkest black guy they could find to play the thief." Now that may be reaching but I can't help but think on it.

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Jan 7th, '07, 00:47

I do agree, the drama did have a terrible stereotype with the first few minutes of the episode. Realy thought the acting done by the guys was just completely off. Makes no sence at all, but other then that, the rest of the episode was GREAT! Hope the creators stay away from such ugly stereotype. Its a bit of a turn off.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jan 7th, '07, 00:56

paperlights wrote:
uezurii wrote: Man, I just shook my head when I saw the part in the alley. I guess that just any guy stealing your stuff regardless of who plays him is just a generic role. But then to follow that up with the extremely unrealistic alley scene of black gangmembers literally screaming at her (which is very racist) just made the previous one look racist too.

PREACH! Your second paragraph hit the nail on the head. You just sealed the main point period.

About the first guy, my roommate (a white woman surprisingly) looks at me and says "I wonder if they got the darkest black guy they could find to play the thief." Now that may be reaching but I can't help but think on it.
I think they found the blackest most thuggish guys they could, what I wonder is why the dudes did it in the first place...money? I felt sooo embarassed watching it. If it wee me, I don't think I could have acted that part, money or no, its so...humiliating

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jan 7th, '07, 00:56

it's good goddessrin that ur letting this off ur chest :)
albeit I haven't watched the episode yet since I'm waiting for SARS, I think the 1st episode was overall very good 8)
I just don't want to watch the episode w/o subs because it will spoil it all for me.

paperlights

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 01:03

KamichamaN wrote:
paperlights wrote:

I think they found the blackest most thuggish guys they could, what I wonder is why the dudes did it in the first place...money? I felt sooo embarassed watching it. If it wee me, I don't think I could have acted that part, money or no, its so...humiliating
I feel you. I know the actors have to eat too but do they have to do it at the expense of their own people? I know they can't be responsible for all the Black people in the world but being an active participant in the stereotyping of your people really doesn't help anybody.

I think I'm more disappointed than angry now because I really love HYD but to see everything I fight hard against everyday just thrown in my face is quite irritating. But believe me, I was HOT the first few minutes after watching it.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 7th, '07, 01:05

paperlights wrote:

I know how you feel and the others that posted about the overtop racist opening to the drama...I'm just shocked more people have not mention that part a lot...I have no clue why the director felt the need to cast blacks in this way....The funny part is if they want to go the real gangmember method he should have given them guns...Because when Rui pulled out the fake gun on the gangmembers I laughed at that part it was so dumb...As if theives/gangmembers who rob people in America never carry weapons only basketballs to hit tourist with... :roll

Anyway, asided from that horrible begining into the show...I found it rather good....

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 7th, '07, 01:07

arrgh apparently someone on arashi.vox.com should have the subs up by 12am pacific time it said 7 am 7th jan. that was a few hours back i think, so it might be japan time ne???
he typed up everything tbhatneeded douing and times and that he/she could do no more for 9 hhours due to work D::| but i worked out it would be 17 hours or something, (zembu) but 12 am opacific time is only a few hours away ne??? so i duno, i might be wrong with how ive worked it out and it will be up in a few hours :D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D CANT WAIT i guess ive spoiled most of the ep watching it raw, i got LITTLE bits, and i used the descriptions on a dssite that was posted here a few pages back, so ive just got a very vbasic grasp of the story i suppose. but im gonna watch it ALL in subs even if it means doing no hwk over the weekend, and no revision. for me, i know now(and for a while) this has reached addictipon/obsession haha. meh, its SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD cant wait to move to japan :D:D:D

paperlights

Post by paperlights » Jan 7th, '07, 01:11

marie_23 wrote:
paperlights wrote:

I know how you feel and the others that posted about the overtop racist opening to the drama...I'm just shocked more people have not mention that part a lot...I have no clue why the director felt the need to cast blacks in this way....The funny part is if they want to go the real gangmember method he should have given them guns...Because when Rui pulled out the fake gun on the gangmembers I laughed at that part it was so dumb...As if theives/gangmembers who rob people in America never carry weapons only basketballs to hit tourist with... :roll

Anyway, asided from that horrible begining into the show...I found it rather good....
Guns? Don't you know how many people are killed each year in NY by gangmembers with basketballs? It's a dangerous sport you know LOL

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 7th, '07, 01:12

hmmm...ino its all valid...but would some parts not be classed as spoilers...like "when rui pulled out the gun on them" and stuff...thats over half way in and a big twist...ino if i wouldnt have been able to watch any more than those 6 minutes (which was gonna happen until i got the torrent) then i wouldnt be overly happy.i duno...should bits like that be put in hidden?

goddessrin

Post by goddessrin » Jan 7th, '07, 01:17

I think I'm more disappointed than angry now because I really love HYD but to see everything I fight hard against everyday just thrown in my face is quite irritating. But believe me, I was HOT the first few minutes after watching it.
I second that. I turned it off for a while after that and had to really push myself to keep watching the show, chanting to myself "I'm a hanadan fan, I'm a hanadan fan" all the while. Still there's only so much I can take.
just shocked more people have not mention that part a lot...
Yeah I was a little shocked too...I've been browsing the site for a long long time but never actually joined or posted anything. When the show came out and everyone was talking about it, by just looking at their posts I had no idea something like this could have gone on because nobody mentioned it. But when I saw it for myself I was shocked that nobody had said anything about it. I think those people were either ignoring it, or else they may not have seen anything wrong. That's what finally prompted me to actually post something lol.

Because when Rui pulled out the fake gun on the gangmembers I laughed at that part it was so dumb...As if theives/gangmembers who rob people in America never carry weapons only basketballs to hit tourist with...
Yes, real gang members, real thieves (who come in all colours people) would not have been threatened by one guy with a gun. But again it's just something I hope doesn't happen again. If it does...I'll be writing an angry letter to the good people at HanaDan lol. (And at the end of the note I'll write "By the way, this letter was written by a black person. Yes, black people can read and write too" *snerk*).
arrgh apparently someone on arashi.vox.com should have the subs up by 12am pacific time it said 7 am 7th jan. that was a few hours back i think, so it might be japan time ne???
That's good news! Even though I understand a lot of Japanese from my many years of watching anime (it's a really good way to learn key words and phrases!) I'm dying for a sub for the parts I don't understand.
Guns? Don't you know how many people are killed each year in NY by gangmembers with basketballs? It's a dangerous sport you know LOL
ROFLMAO So true! Why just the other day I witnessed two gangs involved in a dreaded Basketball Fight. The horror! There were baggy pants and doo rags everywhere! *sheds tears*
Last edited by goddessrin on Jan 7th, '07, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

docipain

Post by docipain » Jan 7th, '07, 01:18

sambuk wrote:arrgh apparently someone on arashi.vox.com should have the subs up by 12am pacific time it said 7 am 7th jan. that was a few hours back i think, so it might be japan time ne???
pacific time is -8 hours @@
so it will be online at 8pm +-0 (greenwich time) maximum o,o