[Discussion] akihabara@DEEP

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Bodhi

[Discussion] akihabara@DEEP

Post by Bodhi » Sep 4th, '06, 13:43

I couldn't find a topic started yet on akihabara@DEEP, I've just watched the third episode and I must say that the series improves with each episode. I know it will be compared to Densha Otoko because both deal with otoko but aside from the subject the shows are totally different. Densha a love story and @DEEP a comedy action/adventure story so far.

The show has many anime, manga and TV/movie references, I've been exchanging emails with a Friend about the series and we both are wondering if there is an anime or manga that Taiko the character who freezes references. I thought it might be a reference to the Robbie the Robot in the old Lost in Space TV show, anyone know?

Also might anyone know how many episodes are planned for this series.
According to http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/8608.html
Ira Ishida's Akihabara@Deep is an edgy, fast-paced cyber-detective comedy/drama set in Akihabara, the electronics district (and otaku heaven) of Tokyo. The property has already been made into a "dorama" (Japanese TV drama) series starring heatthrob Kazama Shunsuke.
Ishida also wrote a manga based on the popular dorama, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, which Digital Manga has published here in the U.S.
Nickelodeon's Akihabara@Deep anime co-production with Polygon Pictures should skew toward an older demographic than the Domo-Kun shorts.
Finally does anyone know anything about akihabara@DEEP movie? http://www.seekjapan.jp/movie/366/Akihabara+@+Deep

Geisha

Post by Geisha » Sep 4th, '06, 23:29

i really like this series!! (especially when the guys from DC laughs!!.............. kukukuku :D )
i love that even thought, they all fall under the name "OTAKU" each of them is different....
i dunno the answers to any of the questions you asked, but i hope that it keeps making me laugh!

Pao

Koneko
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Koneko » Sep 5th, '06, 20:13

I'm really glad you guys like the series ^^ and thanks for your comments, bodhi! I saw you signed up at LS just to say hi!! We really appreciate the kind words and encouragement. This series does indeed just get better with each episode! I'm not sure if Taiko is modelled after an anime character but he looks so crazy when he freezes! cracks me up XD @DEEP has 11 episodes plus a SP episode.

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Sep 5th, '06, 21:16

Hey Koneko thanks for all the hard work and also for replying to my questions.
Koneko wrote:I'm really glad you guys like the series ^^ and thanks for your comments, bodhi! I saw you signed up at LS just to say hi!! We really appreciate the kind words and encouragement. This series does indeed just get better with each episode! I'm not sure if Taiko is modelled after an anime character but he looks so crazy when he freezes! cracks me up XD @DEEP has 11 episodes plus a SP episode.
He cracks me up to!
blueverry posted the folowing for me on http://s15.invisionfree.com/LoveSong/in ... t=50&#last

When I was translating the 1st episode, in the beginning, when Taiko froze as he was picked on by the otaku hunting gang, I think one of the gang members made a reference to Hikarian, as in the anime:

Chou Tokkyu Hikarian
Hikarian: Great Railroad Protector
Super Express Hikarian
You guys are doing a great job on this series and I really enjoy it.

Bodhi

Fan Sub Group Comparisons TV-Nihon vs Love Song

Post by Bodhi » Oct 31st, '06, 19:02

TV-Nihon has done an amazing job, even though they just started releasing episodes of Akihabara@DEEP in the past few weeks they have already caught up to Love Song and with this episode passed them.

But this speed has costs. The video quality of Episode 7 is just OK and the way it is encoded refused to play in one of my DVD players. It plays fine on the computer so if that’s how you watch dramas it won’t be an issue for you. But to play in a stand alone player it may or may not work. Love Song releases have always played fine in my DVD player. While the large file size of Love Song releases don’t have the HQ look of similar file size releases it is much better then the TV-Nihon release. The lack of picture quality from both groups may be due more to the quality of the raws that both groups have available to them.

Love Song gets the advantage for video quality they also took the time to translate the credits on the computer board at the start of the show. This and other little things like it along with a better picture will have me downloading the Love Song releases no matter when they are released.

I love this show and always want to see the next episode as soon as I can so I’ll download whichever group releases first. But the Love Song releases are the ones that I plan on keeping and burning to DVD so I can watch them again.
Thanks to both groups for subbing this series it is one of my favorities. TV-Nihon please keep up the fast pace so I can get my next Akira fix. Love Song please continue with the high quality releases

Bodhi

Fan Sub Group Comparisons TV-Nihon vs Love Song

Post by Bodhi » Oct 31st, '06, 21:56

TV-Nihon has done an amazing job, even though they just started releasing episodes of Akihabara@DEEP in the past few weeks they have already caught up to Love Song and with this episode passed them.

But this speed has costs. The video quality of Episode 7 is just OK and the way it is encoded refused to play in one of my DVD players. It plays fine on the computer so if that’s how you watch dramas it won’t be an issue for you. But to play in a stand alone player it may or may not work. Love Song releases have always played fine in my DVD player. While the large file size of Love Song releases don’t have the HQ look of similar file size releases it is much better then the TV-Nihon release. The lack of picture quality from both groups may be due more to the quality of the raws that both groups have available to them.

Love Song gets the advantage for video quality they also took the time to translate the credits on the computer board at the start of the show. This and other little things like it along with a better picture will have me downloading the Love Song releases no matter when they are released.

I love this show and always want to see the next episode as soon as I can so I’ll download whichever group releases first. But the Love Song releases are the ones that I plan on keeping and burning to DVD so I can watch them again.
Thanks to both groups for subbing this series it is one of my favorites. TV-Nihon please keep up the fast pace so I can get my next Akira fix. Love Song please continue with the high quality releases

Syaoran-kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Syaoran-kun » Nov 6th, '06, 22:27

I'm sticking with the Love Song release. I think they have done a great job so far. The only thing that I think could be better is the font size of the subs could be larger. I often watch stuff on a small personal video player and they are a bit difficult to read on a small screen. Otherwise, :thumright: Keep up the good work!

jica

Post by jica » Nov 18th, '06, 09:49

I like this drama far more than Densha Otoko (although that drama also had its charm). It reminds me of IWGP, but not that violent.

Anybody that knows the ratings for this drama?

I like the fast pace, and all the characters are somehow weirdos but you'll come to like each of them as the drama goes on. I think my favourite is Page-kun. He's so adorable when he tries hard speaking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Almost all actors/actresses are new faces to me, that is kind of refreshing. =)

Thanks for your hard work, Love Song fansubbing team. I think your subs are great! =)

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Nov 19th, '06, 19:14

TV-Nihon has released Search 10 of @deep. @DEEP Splits Up? I've got some screen caps posted and torrent links.

Bodhi

TV-Nihons Episode 11 Released

Post by Bodhi » Nov 22nd, '06, 21:38

TV-Nihon has released episode 11 of Akihabara@DEEP download the torrent file here. Love Song Fansubs have released up to Search 7 and I look forward to watching their releases when they are ready. Thanks a lot to both groups you've both done a great job keeping me entertained.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 24th, '06, 14:10

Doesn't the Densha SP feel like a merge of A@D and Densha?

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Nov 24th, '06, 23:53

auroragb wrote:Doesn't the Densha SP feel like a merge of A@D and Densha?
Yeah it does especially with Kitamura Kazuki as the villian in both. Actually I much prefer A@D over the Densha SP, Densha had strayed far to much from the original romantic storyline and Itoh Misaki had way too little screen time for my taste. I wish the story had been about their wedding and all the complications that would have arisen from it.

For romance and production values the nod has to go to Densha but for overall fun and Otakus I think A@D is the clear choice.

Koneko
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Koneko » Nov 25th, '06, 09:55

Hey you guys!! ^^ Thanks for keeping this thread alive. People watch @DEEP but most don't have much to say about this series. I think that most people, after watching the 1st episode, either loves it or can't bare to watch anymore ^^;;;

btw just a reminder to all @DEEP downloaders for the Love Song version, Love Song always puts up finished episodes on Clubbox before D-Addicts so if you guys can't wait for @DEEP 8, it's already on the JEkizuna Clubbox. I plan to release the 8th ep. here on the 29th.

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Nov 25th, '06, 14:13

Thanks Koneko, I can't wait for the release really looking forward to it. I don't have a clue how to read Korean so I'll wait patiently here I guess!

jica

Post by jica » Nov 25th, '06, 15:52

Densha Deluxe kind of disappointed me... Densha hasn't improved a bit... @.@
Anyway, wrong thread for that. ^^;
People watch @DEEP but most don't have much to say about this series. I think that most people, after watching the 1st episode, either loves it or can't bare to watch anymore ^^;;;
Yeah.... you watch it, but then it seems to be nothing to be discussed about. Is it so?
This drama is one of the best drama this year, I think, but I wonder how many people have watched it... since there's no really idols (well Kazama and Ikuta is Johnny boys, don't know if they're that popular), and the characters look like weirdos.

The final episode was.... how should I put it, kind of going off another track, somehow not the same standard as the previous episodes. Although I still liked the ending, but I wanted the group to have more "brain action"... if you know what I mean. T_T

Aww.... now the show has ended, so I have to find another drama.

mrs_ikuta

Post by mrs_ikuta » Nov 26th, '06, 06:33

i really reallllyy enjoy this drama !! ever from first episode. well i mainly watched it for ikuta toma, but after i heard that it had to do with the producer from arashi's sequeled movies... i was soo excited for it ! its really funny. and theres only 8 episodes ?!?!?!!?!?! i guess i have only 2 more left then =[

then theres the movie to look foward too !!!

i love the graphics for this drama...and the actors and actresses are all so good. especially the actors XDDDD
they are sooo funny !!!!!!! reminds me of likee... standup & KCE type of humor without the pervertedness... well... actually it kinda doesnt . never mind .__.

jica

Post by jica » Nov 26th, '06, 12:29

There's 11 episodes, subbed by both Love Songs and TV-Nihon. TV-Nihon has already finished the drama. =)

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Nov 26th, '06, 14:07

jica wrote: Aww.... now the show has ended, so I have to find another drama.
We still have one more episode to go the secret episode. It was on the desktop in the closing titles Screen shot

I wonder what the secret episode is going to about? Also we have he movie to look forward to I think that is due to be released early next year on DVD.

Vesta

Post by Vesta » Nov 26th, '06, 16:54

Do any of you know the real name of the guy who plays Ajita and women who plays Sati. IT is first time seeing indians on a asian drama... Being an indian myself, I am curious :)

Oh, and i think the secret is just going to be a behind the scenes look of the set!

Gosh! I loved this drama, It kinda sad that it ended. :(

OtakuNoHitori

Post by OtakuNoHitori » Nov 28th, '06, 03:45

Bodhi wrote:
We still have one more episode to go the secret episode. It was on the desktop in the closing titles Screen shot

I wonder what the secret episode is going to about? Also we have he movie to look forward to I think that is due to be released early next year on DVD.
i have seen the secret episod since i get to DL from a china website. EPs12 they call but more or less is juz a eps of talking about The making of Akihabara@Deep i really love this dramas, i even go to buy the novel (japanese version ofcourse) now what i'm looking for is the last one Akihababa@Deep the Movie it have already show in japan cinemas on September. Just that i counld't find anything about the movie BT juz hope it will come out soon. :lol

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Dec 1st, '06, 21:29

OtakuNoHitori wrote: last one Akihababa@Deep the Movie it have already show in japan cinemas on September. Just that i counld't find anything about the movie BT juz hope it will come out soon. :lol
The DVD isn't going to be released in Japan until February 21, 2007 according to the CD Japan website.

I have the YouTube trailer on my blog or you can search Youtube to see it.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 15th, '06, 01:01

Minna-san, sumimasen, I have a question about something in Episode 5. Please, does anyone by any chance know what manga is the shop-assistant reading when the @DEEP team comes barging in? Here's a snapshot:
Thank you very much for any clues you might provide! :-)

SaikoBoy

Japanese guy is going to space in 2007 as the RED COMET

Post by SaikoBoy » Dec 15th, '06, 04:06

Akihabara@Deep was great! I loved all the crazy characters.

Expect to see a Japanese Space Tourist to be cosplaying as Char in 2007 like the Nakagomi character in @Deep.
Here is the article:
http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?ar ... eid=255684 :salut:

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Jan 15th, '07, 23:42

Ok, this one's been bugging me...

In episode 8 Daruma starts wearing a suit with a stocking over his head. He and Taiko have some interchange about the costume *not* being '20'. Is this some anime reference?

For those who haven't seen it, this is a fun series! A little dark and violent at times compared to most I've seen, but still very lighthearted. (If that makes sense?)

ILoveKoyuki

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Mar 1st, '07, 12:26

i got a question thats been bugging me, what is the name of the actress that plays nagomi (head of the new maid cafe and legendary maid imposter) in ep 08?

serebi

Post by serebi » Mar 4th, '07, 05:53

Well yeah @DEEP is one of the dramas that have taken me on a ride full of pleasent surprises. I simply loved it. All the anime references, games, figures etc.
The caracter that I loved the most was page-kun, as someone said before he's got something cute to him when he tries to speak!
Kudos for Lovesong for delivering such great quality for this great drama.

Anybody know where to get the @DEEP OST from?? Love the opening song!!!
Thanks

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 26th, '07, 16:50

Bodhi wrote:

i see that on TV-NIhon has the movie listed on their Bittorrent page.

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Apr 27th, '07, 00:58

Gir wrote:
i see that on TV-NIhon has the movie listed on their Bittorrent page.
I just finished watching it and it is as good if not better then the series. So if your a fan of the series you should really check it out. The action scenes are a lot better with the higher budget that the movie had and the actors were all very good, and the storyline was perfect for a two hour movie. Google should buy it sub and put it on YouTube because it's all about the search, it's unfortunate that very few people will ever get a chance to see it.

anego

Post by anego » Apr 29th, '07, 06:51

Sorry, but I can't actually say that the Movie is better than the series ...because it isn't. I already watch it, but ....I came up to love only music. I really hope, that the OST will coming soon ^^

Now, a few words about movie version -- it's really dark. And there's not so many anime/manga/game/etc. references ...that's a pity, cause it's suppose to be Akihabara after all :roll

And the actors isn't all that great. Maybe only Box-kun :wub: and Akira. And Nakagomi Takeshi is just funny, yes it's funniest thing in the whole movie :glare: Pathetic :|

Anyway, If you are a fan of the Drama/manga/novel, you should check it ^^. The action is really worth it (and the music ^^).

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 08:57

Hello.
May I know where you downloaded the Movie?
I know TV-Nihon provided the Movie download link and the engl. Subs for the movie.
But I cant get them kinda.
So if anyone have the engl. subs , could you send me via PM?
I'd greatfully appreciate.

Also send me the download link to the movie via PM since it is not allowed to post movie-links here.

Thank you very much in advance!

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Aug 26th, '07, 01:27

Yesterday TV-Nihon started releasing a directors cut from a DVD rip, so far the first two episodes have been released, with additional footage added to last years TV version. About three minutes extra for episode 1 and over six mnutes more for episode 2. I posted some screen caps on my blog if your interested in seeing them. I can't get enoug @deep.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 23rd, '07, 12:57

ive only just started watching this drama and seen the first 2 episodes and I love it!
Such a rondom storyline and I cant wait to see more. I love Akihabara itself and this drama is great too!
Does anybody know where I can find a soundtrack or at least the theme song???

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Sep 23rd, '07, 17:29

Its a different drama thats for sure....kukukuku :lol

SweetNocturne

Post by SweetNocturne » Sep 25th, '07, 03:30

xD This drama is a definite must! it's so hilarious, and it really really is a unique drama~ =]
Plus... TOMA <33

missmariam

Post by missmariam » Sep 25th, '07, 03:46

Yorokobi wrote:ive only just started watching this drama and seen the first 2 episodes and I love it!
Such a rondom storyline and I cant wait to see more. I love Akihabara itself and this drama is great too!
Does anybody know where I can find a soundtrack or at least the theme song???
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aes4dy

Theme song!

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Sep 25th, '07, 09:27

missmariam wrote: http://www.sendspace.com/file/aes4dy
Theme song!
Thanks a lot I searched all over for this!

BTW Hoshino Gen (Taiko) is in another Akihabara set drama, he plays a lolicon police detective in Tantei Gakuen Q, another maid loving character.

irish_robz

Post by irish_robz » Sep 28th, '07, 09:12

Hey, does anyone know the japanese for what Page-kun always says before a mission? i.e. that "b-b-b-battle plan" one. Cracks me up everytime it comes across my mind, lol. Thanks in advance! :D

serebi

Post by serebi » Dec 11th, '07, 17:50

Hey, I was browsing tokyotosho today and found a torrent link for Akihabara@deepSplash ..
Does anyone know what is this splash ??. The odd thing is that, i did my research on this but did not find anything on it . Not even in Tvhihon's new track it was to be found (only the DC version which I already have ...

Thanks in advance!!

Also, the link for the theme song no longer works, can someone repost a working one ?

Thanks again

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Dec 20th, '07, 04:11

just wondering but is anybody gonna bother to do the special?

serebi

Post by serebi » Dec 20th, '07, 04:32

The special was already subbed by tv-nihon. Just look for it :thumright:

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Dec 20th, '07, 17:20

thanks...bah their site is down...

milkypink

Post by milkypink » Dec 22nd, '07, 03:10

A little bit of an old thread but I thought I'd post some info here:

There's no official soundtrack for the drama of Akihabara@DEEP but by accident while looking for the opening theme (which is Swan Lake by Tucker) I found the album that it's on and basically a large chunk of the bg music for the show is on Tucker's album Electoon Wizard, or so it seems anyway. Unfortunately for things like the Masochist Girls Squad's song there's no hope probably. Oh well. XD

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 6th, '08, 13:28

I'm still looking for the movie. Did anybody find it? It says "Episodes: 11 + Special (Secret)" on DramaWiki. What does this mean?

Gir

Post by Gir » Jan 6th, '08, 14:57

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I'm still looking for the movie. Did anybody find it? It says "Episodes: 11 + Special (Secret)" on DramaWiki. What does this mean?
The "special(secret)" is available form TV-Nihon, but I haven't watched it yet, so I can't say what it's about.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 6th, '08, 15:51

There are 12 episodes with the "Director's Cut" Tag on TV Nihon. Is the 12th episode The Special?

Gir

Post by Gir » Jan 6th, '08, 16:08

Yes, that is my understanding of the situation.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 6th, '08, 18:59

Well I found the movie (120 minutes long) on idols-unlimited. So I really don't know what this 12th episode is. Maybe the Director re-edited all the stuff and cut it in 12 pieces. :D

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 6th, '08, 19:49

irish_robz wrote:Hey, does anyone know the japanese for what Page-kun always says before a mission? i.e. that "b-b-b-battle plan" one. Cracks me up everytime it comes across my mind, lol. Thanks in advance! :D
Just guessing but its probably....S-S-S-Sakusen Kaigi Da!

pinkcandy

finished watching and re: ep8 Daruma question

Post by pinkcandy » Mar 14th, '08, 17:45

Wow. That was surprisingly fun to watch. The computer related technical stuff were totally out there, but still hilarious. Ikuta was cute as a button.

I almost wished there was a bit of the yaoi fangirl joke like in the anime/manga for Genshikan where the yaoi doujin fangirl mentally creates a bunch of silly yaoi scenes featuring her club members-- but which are also completely divorced to the reality of their body types, personalities or anything. Hah.
dokaben wrote:Ok, this one's been bugging me...

In episode 8 Daruma starts wearing a suit with a stocking over his head. He and Taiko have some interchange about the costume *not* being '20'. Is this some anime reference?
This is a reference to a character known as "Friend" in 20th Century Boy by... Naoki Urusawa, I think it was. I put my reply behind a spoiler just in case. I tried to be kinda vague but... Urusawa's Monster and 20th Cent really can't be spoiled at all because it's so entirely dependant on the suspense/pacing and how he doles out little bits of info.

I think there's a 20th Century Boy series of movies in the making right now?
The point behind Daruma's identity being questioned:

The first two thirds of the 20th Cent Boys series focused entirely on a group of friends trying to remember a member of their from their past-- but for some reason, not one person has a clear recollection of who it is. The "Friend" character also has complications but I won't get into in case you ever read the series.

Needless to say, to get the reference, you only need to know that no one knows who Friend is, no one is sure who Friend is, and no one can really pinpoint who Friend is and Friend himself is shifty as all hell about his own identity. So the fact that Daruma refuses to admit what his character is, and Izumu was questioning whether he really was Daruma is in reference to this. (As well as how Izumu didn't want Daruma to take his mask off. There's this whole fear of what's behind the mask in the story.)

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Mar 15th, '08, 03:37

Thanks for the answer pinkcandy! And for being careful about the spoilers.

I knew someone would get it...and it only took 14 months! :D

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Apr 11th, '08, 17:38

Weee!.. I just finished watching this too! I remember how much I disliked Densha, but this was great. It was fun and lighthearted and didn't stick too long to the sentimental speeches, or, at least not long enough to irritate me. :P Everything about it was great. The only issue I take on is Box-kun's past and how it was handled. But other than that, I enjoyed it very much!

Of course, it helped that Nakagomi was hot, especially in that black and red suit. I was totally laughing at the part where he's finally caught and the cops were like, what's up with that suit?, and he's all, I'm an evolved otaku :lol :tv:

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jun 14th, '08, 01:36

Just finished watching this drama - it was fantastic!! :D

Grabbing the special from TV Nihon now, but does anyone know where I can get hold of the movie? It's not on TV Nihon, nor in any of the usual places I look. Really want to see how Narimiya Hiroki pulls off the otaku look! :D As someone else asked, PM would be hugely appreciated, since no movie links allowed. Thanks!! ^_~

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jun 21st, '08, 03:19

I saw the movie the other day from idol's unlimited. So good

Iv

Post by Iv » Oct 29th, '08, 16:57

My fansub is translating this jdrama to spanish. We're currently searching for high quality RAW files but it seems they disapeared :(

Both english fansubs neither help :cry:

Does somebody know where can we find them?

Thank you! ^^,

im_amot

Post by im_amot » Feb 1st, '09, 11:18

Sorry just dont know where to get the RAW as my friend is the one who burn it for me ...

boq

Post by boq » Jun 29th, '10, 20:34

I watched the drama last month and I just realised that a movie with a different cast than that of the drama exists :-) .
Does anyone know where I can watch it or download it or find it in some way?