[Discussion] Tatta Hitotsu no Koi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 23rd, '06, 15:03

I get the feeling that this series is tyring to imitate k-dramas by being a bit overtly melodramatic with the class thing and the girl probably has leukemia or something, which is a common k-drama theme mix.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Oct 23rd, '06, 15:34

Aulcard wrote:Meh. I watched the first half of episode 1 and quickly became bored and tried some other series instead. It wasnt anything in particular, just that the first impression I got was not one to keep me interested.

Though I am probably being rash in my judgement, the first episode of Sapuri seemed more interesting than the first episode of this series.
i share your view on this 1! that 1st ep of sapuri SEEMED better. in the end it was a disappointment because itoh misaki cant really act and there's no chemistry between the 2 leads.

i watched ep 2 of tatta and things are picking up! as said by so many fans... i still think kamenashi can act, but his regular appearance is leading ppl to think that his roles are repeating.

anyway, i thought i read that some1 said kame's voice sounds the same... i'd have thought that there's no need to change 1's voice in acting... :scratch: i mean who does? (except for some comical roles)

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Oct 23rd, '06, 22:34

He should cut off some of that hair. -.-

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 23rd, '06, 22:59

suparstarx wrote:He should cut off some of that hair. -.-
how about contributing something constructive?

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Oct 24th, '06, 00:35

Hayashi_kun wrote:
i share your view on this 1! that 1st ep of sapuri SEEMED better. in the end it was a disappointment because itoh misaki cant really act and there's no chemistry between the 2 leads.

i watched ep 2 of tatta and things are picking up! as said by so many fans... i still think kamenashi can act, but his regular appearance is leading ppl to think that his roles are repeating.
Well I can also agree with this... Sapuri kept me watching for the first half of the season or so, but after that I began to lose interest and was downloading episodes but leaving the on my hard disk for a week before watching them.

If episode 2 of this series is better, I shall have to give it another chance...

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Oct 24th, '06, 13:48

It's hard for me to imagine Kamenashi playing a role of a mechanic though... He looks like he totally belong in the fancy party with his obocchama face
I work at two voc/tech schools (agriculture and maritime) in Japan. You ain't seen nothing :P . I teach one class of 40 16-year old future farmers of Japan. Once I tripped over a curling iron. In the classroom. Many of them have mirrors at their desks for quick touch-ups. I also teach 35 18-year old guys in a maritime engine and boat-building program (like what Kame does in the show). Some of the prettiest boys I have ever seen (including one who, thinking about obocchama--"little princeling"--, is called "Prince")--So, from my perspective, Kame's Hiroto is dead-on--he reminds me of my students, only a few years older. Self-conscious about social status, yet proud, skilled and hard-working, rough around the edges, but at the core, decent. Yeah, I really like Kame in this one. Far more than in Sapuri. I didn't realize Sapuri wasn't doing well in the ratings. It was popular in the region where I live (or so it seemed). :unsure:

snowflakez

Post by snowflakez » Oct 24th, '06, 14:13

^ ur work sounds INTERESTING XD XD.

.. finished watching episode 2! It's nice. I like it far better than sapuri though I can't really judge cuz I only watched 2 episodes of Sapuri . I gave up after that. It seemed boring...... =( ......

Nao is STARTING to annoy me.

I like Yuko XDXD

and Hiroto of cuz =D ..

and his friends..

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 24th, '06, 16:11

hmmm, i noe with the whole mysterious sickness that it sounds like nao is gonna die in the end, but i don't really think so
mainly b/c in the past whenever i watched a love story drama with the male lead as the narrator he always talks like something bad is gonna happen in the end and tht they won't end up together, but then they do
[strawberry on the shortcake is the only one i can think of at the moment]
newayz i've watched quite a few like tht, and usually they just want to make it sound all dramatic, but nothing really happens =P
but who knows, maybe someone will die

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Oct 24th, '06, 17:22

I'd hate to see any terminal disease kill her. This card can be played over and over so many times. I don't think these death-at-the-end-of-the-series type of endings really fit into teen dramas too well if you consider this one of them. But that's with the exceptions I guess. But...... I don't wanna see Ayase's characters die again >.<

unkei wrote:
Woke up on the wrong side of bed? Nitpick someone else. And how wasn't that constructive? I said he should cut off some of his hair for a different look for his roles. Perhaps I struck a cord on one of his fangirls? :whistling:

jica

Post by jica » Oct 24th, '06, 18:39

suparstarx wrote:
unkei wrote:
Woke up on the wrong side of bed? Nitpick someone else. And how wasn't that constructive? I said he should cut off some of his hair for a different look for his roles. Perhaps I struck a cord on one of his fangirls? :whistling:
I didn't think that was constructive either. But well... in fact, he already did. In Sapuri his hair was really long, now it's cut.

And yes, there are other fangirls here as well. Not surprising since it's in a Kame dorama thread? :P

Ayase's character is really naive and childish, especially in the last scene in ep.2 (that light signals scene). In the beginning I thought I saw a side of her that wasn't "typical" rich spoiled (Japanese) girl, like she had her own will and opinions and not just fits in the society she is in to. Made her special. I hope they will develop more of this side of her, or else she will just be annoying....

Ep. 2 was really sugarsweet. I suppose the problems start now... :blink With all the pressures Hiroto has (the company, his mom, his little brother and now Nao) I just wonder how long he could be nice to her....

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 24th, '06, 19:09

suparstarx wrote:
unkei wrote:
i'm not a kame fangirl, but i'm a massive jdrama fangirl, especially of this genre. i don't see how a comment which involves demeaning an actor for nothing less than hair that has already been cut could possibly be constructive in a drama discussion thread.

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Oct 24th, '06, 19:17

unkei wrote:
suparstarx wrote:
unkei wrote:
i'm not a kame fangirl, but i'm a massive jdrama fangirl, especially of this genre. i don't see how a comment which involves demeaning an actor for nothing less than hair that has already been cut could possibly be constructive in a drama discussion thread.
I don't see how it's demeaning if it's a suggestion to change his appearance for new roles.

I didn't watch Sapuri because of the Kame guy who's also in here so I can't say much about that.

takkichi

Post by takkichi » Oct 24th, '06, 19:43

FruitChaat wrote:hmmm, i noe with the whole mysterious sickness that it sounds like nao is gonna die in the end, but i don't really think so
mainly b/c in the past whenever i watched a love story drama with the male lead as the narrator he always talks like something bad is gonna happen in the end and tht they won't end up together, but then they do
[strawberry on the shortcake is the only one i can think of at the moment]
newayz i've watched quite a few like tht, and usually they just want to make it sound all dramatic, but nothing really happens =P
but who knows, maybe someone will die
It does sound like someone is going to die....maybe? But they always make you think something is going to happen, and it usually doesn't. It's kinda like Nobuta where I thought maybe something was going to happen to either Shuuji or Akira, based on how Kame was narrating it and how the ending theme was, but it didn't. It was a surprise ending, which was pretty unexpected.

I'm enjoying this drama!

KaiKai_sK

Post by KaiKai_sK » Oct 25th, '06, 03:05

this drama is diffently better than Sapuri in my point of view!!
:wub:
Kame is really good, and i cant complain anymore about his hair because he already cut some of it off :D he looks good
though there is a couple of smoking sences.....ai... hope he doesnt go back to smoking >__<
LOVE THE DRAMA THo CANT WAIT FOR EP3!!

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 25th, '06, 06:51

yeah, I sensed Kdrama all over it. Remember the part where the grandma was like "she looks well"...haha.

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Oct 25th, '06, 08:56

takkichi wrote: It does sound like someone is going to die....maybe? But they always make you think something is going to happen, and it usually doesn't.
Well, the writer does make her main character die sometimes...Watch some of her work
"Beautiful Life", "A million stars falling from the sky"
or sometimes,the couple didn't end up together like in
"Over time"
And the monologue in THNK are bittersweet like in "orange days" but OD did end up well....So I think we really can't say...

Personnally, I sense a dramatic ending, but I hope I'm wrong!!

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Oct 25th, '06, 13:46

I dunno, for me, Tatta Hitotsu just lacks the intensity of the other new working class drama, Cupid no Itazura. The premise is even more far-fetched but the there's some real acting going on.

kaoru 304

Post by kaoru 304 » Oct 26th, '06, 12:43

yeah.. I think that someone is going to die....
because on episode 2, when Nao is picking flowers, the obachan talks about something like "and if she colapse again" to her dad on the window, and that sounds like someone is sick, right? or, at lest, it was...

djancoek

Post by djancoek » Oct 26th, '06, 12:46

i think nao will have a relapse then she'll have another operation then surive...

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Oct 26th, '06, 18:56

I also sense a dramatic ending. hiroto talks about her in past tense. but i do hope that she's not going to die.

I like this drama so much.

episode two has some really cute scenes. i love the scene of hiroto and his younger brother.really sweet. and when Hiroto was asking for Nao's hand but she gave him the orange thing instead. LOL

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Oct 27th, '06, 00:15

also dont forget that kamenashi is very close to his lil brother who has asthma.
wonder if nao has lupus or something to that effect.
i feel ep 2 had many hints of the drama to come in the future ep's.

ayase is hot!.. sorry just typing to myself.

yeah i definately think something will occur with either his lil bro or Nao that will have a huge effect on their relationship and also the story line.
i want to see how they overcome the differences in family background(financially).
this drama has got me hooked!

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Oct 27th, '06, 18:43

None of you'll mentioned this but it sorta bothered me ...
Has anyone noticed that there's a number of scene's in which kame and co. smoked and bought cigarettes. I know it's not uncommon for Jap men to smoke but whoa ... that's just too many scenes in 2 episodes. It's a good way to sell ciggies but also a good way to influence kids to smoke esp. when the smoker's a well known idol. Moderate smoking scenes don't bother me at all (like Kimura in Beautiful Life) but it seems like Kame and co. are smoking in alot of scenes. I think most of those smoking scene's aren't necessary as the story can be conveyed even without the smoking scenes.

Anyone else agree with me? Maybe i'm just over-reacting ... if i am, sorry.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 27th, '06, 20:44

^ Well, Kamenashi is (barely) legally old enough to smoke, and I didn't think it was THAT much... My dad used to smoke 2 packs a day when he was working in Japan. Smoking is very common there because of the amount of stress at work.
I personally don't think they are trying to say smoking is cool or anything, just that they like to smoke and drink during breaks or when they want to relax...

liekwtf

Post by liekwtf » Oct 28th, '06, 02:37

@ arcticbleue
It does seem like Kame is smoking way too much. During the festival scene where he walks away and Nao follows him, only to find him sitting on a step smoking, seems really strange to me. It's like the producers are trying to make him seem too cool for his own good. I wonder if Nao is going to have some sort of lung problem, or cardiovascular problem and help him stop smoking.
[/spoiler]

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Oct 28th, '06, 05:43

liekwtf wrote:@ arcticbleue
It does seem like Kame is smoking way too much. During the festival scene where he walks away and Nao follows him, only to find him sitting on a step smoking, seems really strange to me. It's like the producers are trying to make him seem too cool for his own good. I wonder if Nao is going to have some sort of lung problem, or cardiovascular problem and help him stop smoking.
[/spoiler]
hmm yeah it surprised me also. i didnt know he smoked.
hmm stress? im a smoker but it helps a little.. but more so its a habit. in fact i have to quit. i start to get sick easier now. dammit.
"stress" is sort of an excuse. i mean it does slow down the heart and such.. but theres other ways of relieving stress. as for me.. im just hooked. i can/have quit before.. just have to put my mind to it.

getting back to the subject. yes i did notice it a lot also. and yes i believe if its not part of the story that they dont need to show it that much.

dammit i soo cant wait to find out what happens!!!!!! :goggle:

KaiKai_sK

Post by KaiKai_sK » Oct 28th, '06, 06:12

i too am worried about his smoking also
he use to smoke, im just worried he might go back to the habbit of smoking it just killz me
:goggle: i hope he doesnt~~~

but yeah its the script....hes gotta do it.

jica

Post by jica » Oct 28th, '06, 06:57

Yes, Hiroto is smoking a lot in the drama, though I don't think it's that remarkable. Often we just see him with the cigarette in the hand or is going to light it. I don't like smoking, but in this drama, maybe it's part of the character. They smoke and drink and fish unlegally. I don't think they're glorifying something, just showing how the characters are supposed to be.

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 28th, '06, 11:02

i agree with jica~ i think the whole deal with them smoking and drinking beer is an attempt to contrast them to the upper class. it seems that they're trying to convey the message that only the uncultured would have bad habits like those, whereas the well-bred and the aristocrat attend grand parties, practice tea ceremony and study at prestigious unis.

rmatsom

Post by rmatsom » Oct 28th, '06, 11:13

can't wait for episode 3...this dorama is really good..i like it so much...hopefully no one will die :pray: ...but maybe it is impossibble... :-( kame look so kakkoi in this dorama :roll

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Oct 28th, '06, 11:43

I don't think the idea was to glorify smoking or beer drinking but rather like what jica and unkei metioned. I think even with less smoking scenes most of everybody gets the idea of the difference in class. Just look at Nao's brother ... he doesn't look like the smoking type and definately doesn't have a ciggie on his ear/or hand.

Just wanted to point this out as sub-consiously or not it may influence others into thinking that smoking's cool.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 29th, '06, 03:12

This ep was a lot better than the 1st one. I loved the whole "orange slimy thing" bit, especially when he held out his hand. She totally didn't get it! :lol

The writer Kitagawa always has really memorable scenes in her dramas, like at the Merry Go Round in "Orange Days."

I noticed Hiroto smokes a lot, too, but I think it's just to emphasize his "working class" nature if that means anything.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Oct 29th, '06, 03:14

Good observation. I wish they kept the drinking and smoking out though cuz I think the lead actor is pretty cool and I got a good impression of him from "Nobuto wo produce". I'm glad u guys brought it up cuz I was like "why do these girls like a bunch of alcohol drinkers and smoker??"
arcticbleue wrote:I don't think the idea was to glorify smoking or beer drinking but rather like what jica and unkei metioned. I think even with less smoking scenes most of everybody gets the idea of the difference in class. Just look at Nao's brother ... he doesn't look like the smoking type and definately doesn't have a ciggie on his ear/or hand.

Just wanted to point this out as sub-consiously or not it may influence others into thinking that smoking's cool.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 29th, '06, 03:37

LoL, i noticed the smoking too. it doesn't bother me how often they smoke (i just found it strange for a dorama) what bothers me is how kame looks smoking. someone said he used to smoke? LoL, he doesn't look like it at all! the cigarette looks so unnatural and for some reason he's always staring at it and playing with it (like twisting it around). it's like he's fascinated by it (or not used to it).

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 29th, '06, 06:24

Just saw ep 3. and it was a really cute episode. Nao can be overly emotional at times, but I guess that provides a perfect contrast to Hiroto's "coolness." Kame and Ayase have good on-screen chemistry. The end was expected, but good nonetheless.

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Oct 29th, '06, 11:32

ahh...
haven't watched epi3.
kinda busy, and it's really really killing me.
i'm so excited to see!!!
more hiroto and nao cuteness. can't wait!

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Oct 29th, '06, 15:59

Great episode 3 ^^

I really like Kame in this role...Cute scenes between Nao and the little Bro and now, we're sure she was ill but which disease??
Nao is really straighforward and her scenes with Hiroto are really cute ^^ But I hate the last sentence of this episode when Hiroto said
"it was the beginning of our tragedy..."
OMG, now we're pretty sure that someone is gonna end up dead... :cry:
And the preview shows that Nao is brought to the hospital, so she's collapsing again...ToT so sad!!!

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Oct 29th, '06, 16:19

I just watched episode one and I really like this series. Kame's character is really interesting and different from his previous characters. My favorite scene was when he fell into the water with Nao. Very cute.

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Oct 29th, '06, 17:20

Its like they, the casts, became pro actor and actress... i can really feel theie expressing, like living in the drama...

charlene172

Post by charlene172 » Oct 29th, '06, 17:25

Hiroto and Nao are so sweet together.. :wub: all the scenes with them together are so cute..and Kame is kakkoii as usual :wub:
i think it's Hiroto's brother who is being brought into the hospital not Nao in the next epi... and seems like Hiroto's ex-girlfriend will appearing as well...wonder what's gonna happen? and Hiroto was so damn angry with Nao and he slapped the wall so hard.. i feel pain for his hand..lol wonder why he's so angry?
argh... cant wait for the 4th episode!!

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Oct 29th, '06, 19:39

a-chan! i soooo agree wit u..when i read that last line i was just like...*nooooooooooooooo*... and my hear kept pounding..lol.. ><"

the synopsis really didn't tell us much..so..ac2alii READING that line...HEARING kame say it...sheesh...oh my heart!!! ~ XD
hmmmm...hiroto was sooo cute with the whole "peck" thing..hahahaa... ~ nao was like.."that was it?" lol..reminds me of the scene between lee dae hee and lee dong wook on My Girl! hahahaa... ~ waaaah..i think i just saw a flash of Nao in the hospital bed..hmmm...lemme look at it again.. the whole "tragedy" thing is sad..annoying!! y does it have to be TRAGIC?

jica

Post by jica » Oct 29th, '06, 20:14

I hope that Yuko could end up with Koki's character (have forgotten his name), he's kind of sweet although he's a bit too much sometimes.
ep 3 was kind of disappointing, I didn't think it happened much... maybe because I couldn't get all their talks, but the only thing that kept the story going was Nao said it doesn't matter about their social difference (not even this am I sure about I've got it right.... T_T)
Last episode I thought that Kame and Ayase had really good chemistry, but in this one... something was lacking... Maybe it's just because I'm a bit confused myself. What IS this drama about? I mean, what is the message? Is it a sweet love story? Or do they want to make you cry in the end, killing one of the characters..? Is it about a guy who had a miserable life and will get even more pitiful because his only love will also die..? Or is he the one who's going to die? (somehow it would be more touching if Hiroto died :whistling: ) I don't quite get the idea... T_T
So why am I watching this??? :crazy: (Well, I know why I'm watching this, but still... :glare: )

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 29th, '06, 20:56

hehe, i'm loving this show more and more with each episode
it just so cute
but now the next episode looks so dramatic, sighh
first off i think tht it was ren, hiroto's bro, in the hospital, not nao...it doesn't make sense for him to be running like tht thorugh the hospital for her, all concerned and running so fast. his and nao's relationship has hardly begun, so if she aws in the hospital, i doubt tht he would hear about it that soon or that he'd be running through the hospital to get to her. that and i doubt they would bring up nao sickness this early in the drama, they'll proabably hold it off till towards the end.

there were so many cute scenes in this ep though!
i was laughing so hard when hiroto asks ko how to use his cell phone, so funny!
and both scenes when nao get's drunk. the first one in which she starts wailing b/c she thinks yuko likes hiroto and the 2nd one where she tells hiroto he's weird looking XD
and of course tht kiss at the end
"What was that?!"
"...a kiss?" ahahaha, poor kame i thought his lil peck was cute.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 29th, '06, 22:11

Do you all realised that Eriko Kitagawa was recycling the last kissing scene from Love Generation (epi5)?

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Oct 30th, '06, 01:01

James_yka wrote:Its like they, the casts, became pro actor and actress... i can really feel theie expressing, like living in the drama...
Yeah...I know what you mean. :-)
Episode 3: Aww...they kissed. ^.^ I love Nao-chan's straightforwardness. I have yet to meet someone like her but that would be so awesome. My reaction to the preview for episode for was "What the hell!?! You have to say this after a happy moment!! haha.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 30th, '06, 01:08

ep. 3 is HAWT!!

kame and haruka is lovey-dovey!

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 30th, '06, 10:48

episode 3 was so much cute fluff that i've run out of coherent things to say. despite hiroto's confirmation at the end, i'm content to just sit here for another 9 weeks and let the drama play out. speculation is too torturous~

aprylraine

Post by aprylraine » Oct 30th, '06, 12:23

:wub: :salut:

is it alryt to swoon???? ohhh sheccckkkss... i can't find words....but this Kame (my kame...lolzz) and ayase looks so good together....and i'm soo feeling they're emotions thru they're acting...its is normal>>>....geeezzz nice, wonderful dorama...and such a powerful leads....can't wait for ep 4...(an i'm watching it raw.....really good).....bestest best dorama, and i've only wathced 3 eps!!! :wub:

yuwing

Post by yuwing » Oct 31st, '06, 04:09

anyone have the lyrics for pure one? thanks in advance!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 31st, '06, 16:29

it's official. i'm definitely hooked on the series now x_X
I loved episode 3. more and more is being revealed and i'm really starting to get attached to the characters (which is probably a bad thiing :cry: )
I agree with jica.. i'm rooting for yuko and koki (i also forgot his character's name :lol is it ko? something simple? i dunno). i don't think they'll end up together.. i kind of think yuko may end up with ayuta. but i'm still rooting for koki! ^-^ (besides who knows yuko may end up with neither.)

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Nov 1st, '06, 02:32

Is episode 3 out yet with subs. I LOVE THIS DRAMA KAME AND KOKI I LOVE YOU BOTH AND CONGRADULATIONS KOKI ON WINNING BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR!!!!

blu

Post by blu » Nov 1st, '06, 16:37

jica wrote: Last episode I thought that Kame and Ayase had really good chemistry, but in this one... something was lacking... Maybe it's just because I'm a bit confused myself. What IS this drama about? I mean, what is the message?
lol. i thought this thing was just supposed to be a 'pure love' drama? i don't think they're aiming to teach some universal truth or make some amazing revelation through this. ^____^" i mean...it's just love. lol. don't think so much into it and just enjoy the show! =)

lil'himitsu

Post by lil'himitsu » Nov 1st, '06, 17:26

"pure love"... did it means that they willn't kiss after this one ? *_*
I though the first kiss was too fast for the sake of the characters... that's why the ending sentence didn't surprise me, it was suspicious, and I remembered the opening presentation with Kame's voice in 1st ep... One will die, we should bet on wich one. >_<

Koki's character is named Kou (Kô) and I also want him to end with Yuko but it seems more possible with Ayuta ç_ç

I also really really love this drama, and I'm idiot for begining this serie when she started, every end of ep is a tragedy.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 1st, '06, 17:38

as far as chemistry goes .. the best ive seen him have on screen chemistry with has got to be yamapi. Nobuta wo Produce! So far these 2 Kame and Ayase... doesnt have the same great chemistry.

I got irritated though when she was drunk and eating and teased him many times and he said it once and she couldnt handle it.. she lost points with me there. dunno why the writers did it. guess it was to show that , yes (like a reminder) she IS rich and spoiled.

I feel bad for kame because in this relationship who do you think has more at stake? Kame! coming from a poor household and also being in charge of the business. His character seems like he'd take it very harsh and the type to "never fall in love again" His character is deep.

I also dont think he would run to her. So yeah , now that you mention it, i guess it would be Ren. that sucks.. i hated the ending of ep 3, just those last words.... kills me..

jica

Post by jica » Nov 1st, '06, 21:52

blu, maybe you're right, it's seems to be a pure love drama (though tragic...?). But pure love drama is a bit boring. I think NwP was my favourite because it wasn't just about love. Ok, I'll try to enjoy. Nevermind, I'll still watch it because of Kame ~ :mrgreen:
I got irritated though when she was drunk and eating and teased him many times and he said it once and she couldnt handle it.. she lost points with me there. dunno why the writers did it. guess it was to show that , yes (like a reminder) she IS rich and spoiled.
I kind of thought that was cute. Yes, she is rich and spoiled, but also extremely sensitive (it doesn't take much for her to be hurt) and she's a girl. Girls often nags at the guys, but if they say something back, then.... :cussing: :cussing:

Loeko

Post by Loeko » Nov 1st, '06, 22:03

I started looking this drama till episode 3, sounds good..

But damn ! If only they had chosen Yamada Takayuki and not Kame, I think it would have be better ! I don't like this guy playing with Ayase, seems like there's nothing between them =/

Anyway, there's is Toda Erika, so it can only be great ! Erika :wub: :wub: :wub:

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 1st, '06, 22:06

OMG! I totally loving this dorama.
I know its just another typical tragic love story (or maybe not. Please dont make anyone die in the end) but I just cant help myself :P
Never thought I say this but Kame looks totally HOT!!!! :w00t: :wub:
Love his character and the hair so cute...

At first I didn't really like the lead actress cos Kame look a bit more beautiful then she is but now it kinda works ^^ :thumright:
Episode 3 kissing scene is kinda stiff. Wish it had more feel to it or maybe an effort at least but most of the JDorama kissing scene are like that ne... :glare:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 1st, '06, 23:04

Shizuru wrote:
Episode 3 kissing scene is kinda stiff. Wish it had more feel to it or maybe an effort at least but most of the JDorama kissing scene are like that ne... :glare:
[/b][/color]
not really a spoiler but i'll use a tag just to be safe
yea but at least it was better than the kiss in sapuri..

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 1st, '06, 23:21

x_XJules wrote:
Shizuru wrote:
really :crazy:
Haven't watched Sapuri yet but I didn't think it would be possible to have a more feeling-less kiss than that... Kame really do need to work on his kissing *I will gladly be his practicing partner* :P

lil'himitsu

Post by lil'himitsu » Nov 2nd, '06, 00:19

Haven't watched Sapuri yet but I didn't think it would be possible to have a more feeling-less kiss than that... Kame really do need to work on his kissing *I will gladly be his practicing partner* :P
Believe me, it's possible, the kissing scene in Sapuri is really... terrible :
I actually think Kame-chan had improve when I saw the 1st kiss of Hitokoi... :roll
Demo his partner may be more appropriate smaller and cooler than Itoh Misaki.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 2nd, '06, 00:36

lol kame's quite a good kisser actually, but i suspect they were told to 'tone it down' to retain the innocence and purity of the drama, so that it's a sweet union as opposed to carrying with it any sexual connotations. that's how it often seems in jdrama when it comes to characters who are relatively young and are involved in a 'puppy-love' kind of relationship. on the other hand though, drama which concerns more mature relationships, or older woman/younger man type, usually tell its actors to go all out into the pashing lol.

i thought the drunk!nao scene was rather adorable too.
i think at the time she was feeling particularly vulnerable to anything he said, because she's gotten the notion into her head that he doesn't like her and has rejected her. to convince herself that she's really not losing much she tries to nitpick his negatives, but when he does it back to her even just once, she was drunk AND feeling vulnerable so the 'severity' of what he would have said would have been amplified in her mind, considering how in love with him she was. it's quite a natural thing for people to do when they're drunk =__=
i think a lot of people are tired of pure love genres and the same plots being played out continuously. same here, actually. everytime someone comes down with a disease in a kdrama i cringe and groan. but i like to see pure love genres done in jdrama because of the shorter drama length and japanese production. jdrama style is to leave many things unsaid, figuratively, and you're meant to work out the meanings for yourself - they make use of every scene to add something to the plot. romance plots never get old for romance-lovers, provided they are cleverly and beautifully executed. i've been waiting to see a 'pure love' jdrama for ages now~ i'm quite sick of other drama where the love is hinted and they never tie it up and leave the ending open =__=

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Nov 2nd, '06, 01:04

I love the part where that rich dude was telling him that he's "meaninglessly good looking"...haha. I'm glad that this show is shedding light on the difficulties of being good looking. When you're good looking and poor....you're a huge target for rich ugly guys.

jcrina

Post by jcrina » Nov 2nd, '06, 08:35

ey minna-san,
anybody knows the title of episode 3? thanks so much!

yuwing

Post by yuwing » Nov 2nd, '06, 08:48

I didn't like EP3 a lot compared to Ep2.
The kiss was horrible. why the peck?! What's the point of it. and it looked awkward.

also there are some reactions of kame that irritates me. I'm not a hater but why does he always suck his teeth? especially after he found out that yuko+friends tricked him into confessing his worry over ayase's date with ayuta. laugh + sucks teeth + smiles more and sucks more.

no more kawaii spoiled brat from ayase please! the first few times in ep 2 are cute but now it is just repetitive and annoying.

last scene: kame yells out he doesn't want her to go like that. why does he wait for her to come over to his side. he should've ran to her side instead.

ayase shouldve waited for kame's confession. she interupted him after he said
"I can't say any fancy, but..." ... if she didn't interupt him, he would have said "please go out with me" or "i like you" or something! Give me something! not, i have no money nor go to college!

the script writer should have stuck to hiroto kissing ayase passionately after the hugs. no stupid quick peck like u're stealing her kiss in case she runs or something, ew! he knows she likes him, why does he make this stupid precautious stuff. he should stop controlling himself already and do what he wants without thinking! that's the real hiroto that i wanan see lol! But we wn't because they won't allow that stuff on TV
also ayase's brother looks like a molester...

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Nov 2nd, '06, 17:06

I love the part where that rich dude was telling him that he's "meaninglessly good looking"...haha. I'm glad that this show is shedding light on the difficulties of being good looking. When you're good looking and poor....you're a huge target for rich ugly guys.
OMG i luved that part, i thought it halarious. everyone always rags on the idols for being famous and stuff just b/c they are goodlooking ;D
I didn't like EP3 a lot compared to Ep2.

Hidden:
The kiss was horrible. why the peck?! What's the point of it. and it looked awkward.

also there are some reactions of kame that irritates me. I'm not a hater but why does he always suck his teeth? especially after he found out that yuko+friends tricked him into confessing his worry over ayase's date with ayuta. laugh + sucks teeth + smiles more and sucks more.

no more kawaii spoiled brat from ayase please! the first few times in ep 2 are cute but now it is just repetitive and annoying.

last scene: kame yells out he doesn't want her to go like that. why does he wait for her to come over to his side. he should've ran to her side instead.

"I can't say any fancy, but..." ... if she didn't interupt him, he would have said "please go out with me" or "i like you" or something! Give me something! not, i have no money nor go to college!

the script writer should have stuck to hiroto kissing ayase passionately after the hugs. no stupid quick peck like u're stealing her kiss in case she runs or something, ew! he knows she likes him, why does he make this stupid precautious stuff. he should stop controlling himself already and do what he wants without thinking! that's the real hiroto that i wanan see lol! But we wn't because they won't allow that stuff on TV
teeth sucking, hahahaha
i also can't stand ayase's i'm spoiled routine anymore, but i guess thts the point, to show that since she's rich she always excepts to get everything
a molester? maybe b/c of the dorky sweaters....lol, omg now whenever i see him i'm gonna have "molester!" going through my head, i thought he's pretty cute though ;D

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 2nd, '06, 23:36

Shizuru wrote:
x_XJules wrote:
Shizuru wrote:
i totally agree, the boy cant kiss! and yes Misaki Itoh was a bit too tall for him. its like he was going to miss the kiss when they did that scene.
hell! put Ayase in front of me and ill show her a kiss!Sorry i just think she looks hot in this show!

i also agree about the open ended dramas.. especially if the drama was REALLLLY good... i WANT to see a happy ending!!!!

.. well unless you are going to make a sequel... then ill wait!

EternalSnow

Post by EternalSnow » Nov 3rd, '06, 15:45

What the peck part was like that because she did not know that he was going to do that but then they did kiss.:P

Also I liked episode 3 and it was really good and they did a good job also she is not spoiled lol did you not see the episode where her dad told her to work at her job but then her mom does not want her to work I mean they are billionaires according to the shows plot so I would guess, that is why her mom does not want her to work.

valley04

Post by valley04 » Nov 3rd, '06, 17:58

Looking forward for the next episode...I m glad that its getting more interesting..even though its kinda slow..but it really make me want to find out what happen next! :P

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Nov 3rd, '06, 21:30

I hope this drama will not turn to be BOOOOOOOOOOOOORED to death like... Teppan Shoujo Akane.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 4th, '06, 17:24

EternalSnow wrote:What the peck part was like that because she did not know that he was going to do that but then they did kiss.:P

Also I liked episode 3 and it was really good and they did a good job also she is not spoiled lol did you not see the episode where her dad told her to work at her job but then her mom does not want her to work I mean they are billionaires according to the shows plot so I would guess, that is why her mom does not want her to work.
ok well in a stereotypical type of way is what i was trying to imply. sorry those kind of girls irritate me.

i wish i could watch the rest of the eps already...

scypEr

Post by scypEr » Nov 5th, '06, 08:47

yuwing wrote:I didn't like EP3 a lot compared to Ep2.

ahh... i'm disagreeing with most of what you said :x!! *hides*

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Nov 5th, '06, 09:19

Well I must admit the word 'molester' never occured to me, but I do agree that the brother has something wierd about him. Couldnt really figure out what though. But from now on I will definitely be looking at him differently..

But anyway to be serious...

Despite my earlier comments (how ever many pages ago now..) about not liking this show, I have infact become all turned around on the subject. I certainly like it far more than sapuri. I would even go so far as to say it is now in direct competition with 14 no haha for second place on my 'favourite dramas of the season' list. With nodame cantabile being in first place for the time being, due to the hilarity factor.

I like hiroto way better than kame's character from sapuri. I cant really describe why. It is just that hiroto seems somehow more realistic of a character to me. The sapuri character (whose name I forget) was too happy and motivational.

And yeah I dont think kissing scenes with kame could possibly be any more emotionless. Something about two expressionless people touching their motionless lips together that doesnt do it for me in terms of believability.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 5th, '06, 11:31

episode 4 is one of the reasons i wished jdrama wasn't aired per weekly.
these are what i call 'filler' episodes which are essential to introduce all the conflict - and it does it very well, in the sense that we get knowledge of nao's disease, hiroto's past gf, and nao's father's disapproval all in one. BUT obviously nothing gets resolved >_<. now it's all just a complex web of open-ended complications and the audience is left incredibly unsatisfied at the end =__= blargh
if only they'd air ep4 and ep5 together~~

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 5th, '06, 19:55

i don't think the older brother seems like a molester at all. to me he just seems like one of those loving older brothers would enjoys picking on/making his little sister angry (since it's so easy to do). but he also seems very protective and worried about her. besides, who wouldn't act flirtatious around erika toda.

blu

Post by blu » Nov 6th, '06, 01:10

Nao is starting to get on my nerves. Sorry, I just think she's annoying. I know there are probably guys in this thread who think Ayase's cute/hot/whatever, but I'm so sick of her. Lol. I think I just have this thing against spoiled, airhead-ish female characters. My apologies if you take offense.

On a side note...Ren confuses me. Hahaha. He has asthma or something? Then qqf does he need a wheelchair?

robetella

Post by robetella » Nov 6th, '06, 06:36

Anyone knows the OST sang by KAT-TUN? The song played at e end of e drama... really like e song..