[Discussion] Tatta Hitotsu no Koi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
cherrychi

This drama makes me happy :)

Post by cherrychi » Feb 6th, '07, 10:06

I'm new here and I just wanted to say......... I love this dorama and Kame-kun is cho kakkoii!! :D

This is one of my favourite dramas ever and I've watched quite a lot of them, including most of the "classics".

I've just finished watching it and I wouldn't have a problem watching it all over again right away! :lol That's how much I enjoyed it!

went

Re: This drama makes me happy :)

Post by went » Feb 7th, '07, 04:31

cherrychi,
if you want i can give you a website to get u the episodes that you need as i dont think they allow us to post anything on here. give me ur email so i can send u a link.
i like this drama too and i usually dont watch any jdrama, they are all weird in a way but quite surprised w/this and i finished it at least. :lol

Likekillua

Post by Likekillua » Feb 7th, '07, 12:53

Hey....does anyone know where i could buy the orenji that Hiroto gave Nao in the festival (ep 2) ?
Thanks in advance ^^

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Feb 8th, '07, 02:03

I hav something like that but I forgot where I bought it sryy :unsure:

went

still need the episode links?

Post by went » Feb 10th, '07, 01:31

babyviolet wrote:Anyone can help me get direct download for ep 2 - 5, please???????? I'll really appreaciate it, thanks in advance.
i reply to the wrong person before, i can give u the links since i cant give it here.
just drop an email addy down here .....

bai bai :D

ake

Post by ake » Feb 12th, '07, 15:08

I may have missed it earlier in this thread-
what about the Celtic/Irish music using a tin whistle in the soundtrack?
Evocative and different.

Any thoughts or comments?

Romantic Yokohama!

Witwe

Post by Witwe » Feb 13th, '07, 02:51

I finished watching this series last week. Didn't want to watch it at first because it sounded so sad and I don't like sad stories. Yet I needed something to keep my mind occupied and now I'm glad because it was such a beautiful love story and the actors also did an amazing job. Yay! :D

About the 'Celtish music': It was really fitting and supported the sad and tender atmospere of the series. But did'nt it sound a lot like 'Scarborough fair'?

paprika579

help

Post by paprika579 » Feb 23rd, '07, 06:34

does anyone have any idea of where I can find a good image gallery or anything for this great series?

Kae

Post by Kae » Feb 23rd, '07, 14:23

Witwe wrote: About the 'Celtish music': It was really fitting and supported the sad and tender atmospere of the series. But did'nt it sound a lot like 'Scarborough fair'?
It is Scarborough Fair

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Feb 23rd, '07, 16:06

Oh no, it's not :P It's Cool Whispers. I think we are yet to find out the name of the singer, though. If anyone happens to know it, please tell us!!

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Mar 22nd, '07, 18:53

I finished the complete drama a couple of minutes ago and I'm really sad it's over already. It might not have been that special and original but it was a beautiful and heart-warming story that I would recommend anytime to people who are looking for shows that make you... uhm, as cheesy it may sound... wanna fall in love.
I like Ayase Haruka a lot, and I think the others were nice eye candy, too. but who really got me was Kame. I've seen him before in Nobuta wo Produce where he was way too arrogant for my taste (the role he played that is) and in Sapuri which was a nice role but still not completely convincing me. He was plain FANTASTIC in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi though. Agh, he made me wanna huggle him when he made those sad faces all the time he was in trouble because of Nao. *sigh* (Then again, maybe I'm feeling more like a mother... ^^; )

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 22nd, '07, 19:17

One of the best dramas i've watched.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 22nd, '07, 22:16

I just finished this and I really liked this one! I was a bit surprised that I liked it to be honest.

I am not the most romantic person but I thought that this was sweet and well done. Not going to be put in my "favorite" drama category but definitely worth watching! I thought that the acting was wonderful and I loved that it had humor and touching scenes.

Some people said that they did not like the ending but I thought it was perfect for the show. Not overdone and dragged out it wrapped everything up nicely.

Kath-Lee

Post by Kath-Lee » Mar 22nd, '07, 22:39

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:I am not the most romantic person
Yeah, sure. Just watching your avatar... Is that Doumyouji and Tsukushi kissing at the airport? :mrgreen:
Uhm, anyways, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I simply love the humor in the show. I don't know if some of the funny scenes actually weren't intended to be funny. But I laughed big time
when Hiroto wanted to take her hand and she hesitated, then gave him that orange thingy.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 22nd, '07, 22:49

Kath-Lee wrote:
Yeah, sure. Just watching your avatar... Is that Doumyouji and Tsukushi kissing at the airport? :mrgreen:
Uhm, anyways, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I simply love the humor in the show. I don't know if some of the funny scenes actually weren't intended to be funny. But I laughed big time
when Hiroto wanted to take her hand and she hesitated, then gave him that orange thingy.
lol. I laughed too very often, tho that short bald guy was kinda annoying when he was trying to be "fun" or his character was supposed to be :d

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Mar 22nd, '07, 22:53

I absolutely adored this drama, it played with my emotions sooo much and the naration was really well done always making us think one way but ending another lol..

It was a lil predictable BUT I finished the drama smiling so im happy =)

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 23rd, '07, 23:51

Kath-Lee wrote:
You got me there!!! :lol

I can take a little romance but major "I will die without you and my life is over if you don't love me" is so annoying to me.
I loved that scene too! That and the moments when
Ko would do his 'blinking' thing. I would crack up every time he would start doing that in disbelief of being asked to deceive Hiroto to get him with Nao. :lol

Celentt

Post by Celentt » Apr 23rd, '07, 08:02

after finishing this drama... I can't bring myself to watch any other love stories... just too good

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » Apr 28th, '07, 22:28

me and my friend tried to watch this but after episode six we couldn't be bothered anymore, it got really boring :/ which is a shame because it seemed like it could have been quite good, judging from the first few episodes.
SO, just out of curiousity (since i'm too lazy to go through the whole thread), anyone care to spoil the end for me? did they get together etc? :blink

daelite

Post by daelite » Apr 29th, '07, 16:15

deathviasatellite wrote:me and my friend tried to watch this but after episode six we couldn't be bothered anymore, it got really boring :/ which is a shame because it seemed like it could have been quite good, judging from the first few episodes.
SO, just out of curiousity (since i'm too lazy to go through the whole thread), anyone care to spoil the end for me? did they get together etc? :blink
It's a shame you didn't keep watching, it's good! But...
Yes, they get together after crossing a lot of barriers... mainly Nao's parents who don't want her to see Hiroto. In the end the two break up for several years going their own ways. But they meet up again and Nao realizes she still loves Hiroto. Though she's going to teach at a handicapped school in Hokkaido her and Hiroto decide on a long distance relationship of sorts and live happily ever after :)

aatm

Post by aatm » Apr 29th, '07, 16:50

daelite wrote:
deathviasatellite wrote:me and my friend tried to watch this but after episode six we couldn't be bothered anymore, it got really boring :/ which is a shame because it seemed like it could have been quite good, judging from the first few episodes.
It's a shame you didn't keep watching, it's good! But...
Yes, they get together after crossing a lot of barriers... mainly Nao's parents who don't want her to see Hiroto. In the end the two break up for several years going their own ways. But they meet up again and Nao realizes she still loves Hiroto. Though she's going to teach at a handicapped school in Hokkaido her and Hiroto decide on a long distance relationship of sorts and live happily ever after :)
and...
hiroto is apparently very fast and has lots of stamina...as he runs from his old work to the bus station...runs the whole way. he should be a marathon runner or something...he's amazing. =) oh, and Nao's brother especially doesn't want to them to be together...he bothered me the most.
but yeah, you should've finished it. Kamenashi-san and Ayase-san are great. I especially love Ayase-san's character in this one. Really sweet and innocent. Anyways, it was a good one.

daelite

Post by daelite » Apr 30th, '07, 22:18

aatm wrote:
and...
hiroto is apparently very fast and has lots of stamina...as he runs from his old work to the bus station...runs the whole way. he should be a marathon runner or something...he's amazing. =) oh, and Nao's brother especially doesn't want to them to be together...he bothered me the most.
but yeah, you should've finished it. Kamenashi-san and Ayase-san are great. I especially love Ayase-san's character in this one. Really sweet and innocent. Anyways, it was a good one.
Haha, yea. The power of love compelled Hiroto though :)
I agree about Nao's brother. I understand he truely cared about his little sister but before making judgements about her growing up maybe he should try it :X He seemed like a spoiled rich kid not destined for the life he was set to live... he followed his parents whims but was really into biology and stuff- he should follow his dreams and maybe he'll understand Nao more then 8)

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » May 1st, '07, 18:00

aahh, My favourite drama until now, I really really like this Drama
the cast was awesome and the story also was very nice, classical but very nice...
I like how Kame looked in that drama, I think the roll fits him soo well, and Haruka chan looked soo pretty too in the drama, I never thought of them togather, but after watching this drama, I thought " ahh what a cute couple" ^^

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » May 2nd, '07, 01:46

okay I have a question to those who finished the whole drama
u know at the end of the last episode, Hiroto picked his gloves that Nao made for him and then he left ....well, I kindda didn't understand anything here, what's up with this scene?!

daelite

Post by daelite » May 2nd, '07, 22:22

cherryaddict wrote:okay I have a question to those who finished the whole drama
u know at the end of the last episode, Hiroto picked his gloves that Nao made for him and then he left ....well, I kindda didn't understand anything here, what's up with this scene?!
I think that scene is just to show that Nao finally gave the gloves she made for Christmas to Hiroto... he was going to work that day and wearing them since Nao means so much to him even when she's away in Hokkaido. That's what I got out of it- just showing that the two were still connected :D
And I agree with you that the role suited Kamenashi... he made the perfect poor-&-tough-on-the-outside but-actually-emotional-boy xD

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » May 3rd, '07, 02:53

daelite wrote:
cherryaddict wrote:okay I have a question to those who finished the whole drama
I think that scene is just to show that Nao finally gave the gloves she made for Christmas to Hiroto... he was going to work that day and wearing them since Nao means so much to him even when she's away in Hokkaido. That's what I got out of it- just showing that the two were still connected :D
And I agree with you that the role suited Kamenashi... he made the perfect poor-&-tough-on-the-outside but-actually-emotional-boy xD
awww, that's sooo cute
but....
I thought Nao stayed with him, I didn't know she went again to Hokkaido :scratch:
because he ran after her and I think she decided to stay.....right???

daelite

Post by daelite » May 4th, '07, 13:20

cherryaddict wrote: awww, that's sooo cute
but....
I thought Nao stayed with him, I didn't know she went again to Hokkaido :scratch:
Hmm, well he ran after her...
And they definitely decided to start their relationship over but I'm pretty sure she still planned to go to Hokkaido. They mentioned a long distance relationship when they were talking after she got off the bus I think. I'll have to rewatch it and check :scratch:

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » May 4th, '07, 16:50

daelite wrote:
cherryaddict wrote: awww, that's sooo cute
but....
Hmm, well he ran after her...
And they definitely decided to start their relationship over but I'm pretty sure she still planned to go to Hokkaido. They mentioned a long distance relationship when they were talking after she got off the bus I think. I'll have to rewatch it and check :scratch:
yeah me too, I really shoud, I'm really really confused now >.<

daelite

Post by daelite » May 4th, '07, 19:47

Rewatching the end of this drama was soooo nostalgic :wub: Love this ending, even if it's a bit predictable.
OK, about Nao going to Hokkaido. She gets on the bus to go and everyone sees her off, Hiroto running in just a second too late so follows the bus... Nao sees him and tells the bus driver to stop. Some dialoge and such about how she should have told him that she was in the hospital during the third year they were supposed to

{Paraphraasing from my own Japanese and the subtitles}
Hiroto: "Can we try again from now on? We couldn't before but now can we overcome that wall?"
{Bus driver honks, so Nao decides to get off the bus.}
Hiroto: "Is it okay to let the bus go?"
Nao: "Yea planes always fly, but Hiroto is here only now!"
{*hug*}
Nao: "Lets try again and overcome everything!"
((41:55 ish)) Hiroto: "But, you'll do your best as a teacher"
Nao: "Yea"
Hiroto: "I'll cheer for you"
Hiroto: "And we'll be a couple"
Nao: {subtitles} "Yea! Distance love"

What Nao says is 遠距離恋愛 (えんきょりれんあい), so long distance relationship.

The more I think about it the more I'm torn about it! I'm glad Nao can follow her dreams and be a teacher for the handicapped :) I'm also glad Hiroto can keep working to help support his family and brother.
Yet I wish they could be closer together :C Long distance relationships can be really lonely sometimes (From my experience) though they are worth it....
I'm sure Hiroto and Nao will end up happily ever after~ :thumleft:

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » May 4th, '07, 20:04

daelite wrote:Rewatching the end of this drama was soooo nostalgic :wub: Love this ending, even if it's a bit predictable.
OK, about Nao going to Hokkaido. She gets on the bus to go and everyone sees her off, Hiroto running in just a second too late so follows the bus... Nao sees him and tells the bus driver to stop. Some dialoge and such about how she should have told him that she was in the hospital during the third year they were supposed to

{Paraphraasing from my own Japanese and the subtitles}
Hiroto: "Can we try again from now on? We couldn't before but now can we overcome that wall?"
{Bus driver honks, so Nao decides to get off the bus.}
Hiroto: "Is it okay to let the bus go?"
Nao: "Yea planes always fly, but Hiroto is here only now!"
{*hug*}
Nao: "Lets try again and overcome everything!"
((41:55 ish)) Hiroto: "But, you'll do your best as a teacher"
Hiroto: "I'll cheer for you"
Hiroto: "And we'll be a couple"
Nao: {subtitles} "Yea! Distance love"

What Nao says is 遠距離恋愛 (えんきょりれんあい), so long distance relationship.

The more I think about it the more I'm torn about it! I'm glad Nao can follow her dreams and be a teacher for the handicapped :) I'm also glad Hiroto can keep working to help support his family and brother.
Yet I wish they could be closer together :C Long distance relationships can be really lonely sometimes (From my experience) though they are worth it....
I'm sure Hiroto and Nao will end up happily ever after~ :thumleft:
OMG, I just want ot cry soo hard right now :cry: :cry: :cry:
I never thought I'de love kame this much *sniff*
Good luck for both of them
and thanks hun for making everything so clear, i really apreciate it ^^

daelite

Post by daelite » May 5th, '07, 03:09

cherryaddict wrote: OMG, I just want ot cry soo hard right now :cry: :cry: :cry:
I never thought I'de love kame this much *sniff*
Good luck for both of them
and thanks hun for making everything so clear, i really apreciate it ^^
I know~ this drama actually made me start liking him when I originally watched it :wub: He's now my favorite from KAT-TUN by far, though they're all fun. It was great seeing him and Koki in this- Koki was too funny :lol
(I can tell you like Akanishi ^_~)

No problem... I had fun getting to talk about this drama again :-)

gummonster

Post by gummonster » May 15th, '07, 02:23

I just finished this series, and i really like it. It's a nice story with Kame.OMG. love him so much. Nao is really pretty too. Overall the cast is really cute. It's a very nice love story too. I really love it. I kinda cried a little but love the ending

kyokoueda

Post by kyokoueda » May 16th, '07, 14:05

hajimemashite....
tatta hitotsu no koi....the best love story
i'm so exited when kame and koki act full of energy and more of real

KOKI wa kawaii ne
KAME mo hontooni kawaii.soshite hansamu desu yo.
Ayase wa kirei desu ne

the best love story of 2006
KAME is the best actor...pace of romantic

kyokoueda

Post by kyokoueda » May 16th, '07, 14:27

tatta hitotsu no koi...the sad story
i'm so interested to see when NAO shined the orenji (make they be a couple) to hiroto.
sugoii ne...Hiroto the matured guy....make NAO can't forget their first love....
Hiroto too.....
that's why the title of drama.......HITOTSU NO KOI

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 17th, '07, 02:18

YOSH!!

I finished it! I'd rate it a 4 out of 5 :D
I liked it, but kinda slow no? Anyways dfntly a must see for any Kame fan, or person that doesn't believe Kame can act.

I thought it was amusing how the lead girl (Ayase?) looked ALOT like Jin. *giggles*

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » May 18th, '07, 13:38

woops! i forgot that i'd posted here. thanks for the replies!

Sekiei

Post by Sekiei » Jun 8th, '07, 20:35

I've seen few people wondering about it, and I've myself searched it for so long that I thought I would give the answer here. Sorry if it has already been given, I haven't seen it anywhere but I haven't read the whole thread either... lol

The singer of Cool Whispers is called Sasja Antheunis.

It's about all I know.
I've found very little by her besides this OST, just one track on a Ralph Gum album. You can stream part of it here: http://www.traxsource.com/files/preview ... 03-12p.mp3
And apparently... as far as internet is reliable... it's her: http://www.discogs.com/image/A-690050-1169230595.jpeg

Anyway, here's a very little piece of information... I hope to hear more from her in the future because I just love her voice...
If you find anything else, please let me know... ^ ^

Thanks!

fragolina

Post by fragolina » Jul 30th, '07, 11:51

I've just finished this series! It's so great, sweet, romantic. I've cryed a bit but this is not a depressing drama. Loved the ending and the Ost too. I'm so in love now! :wub:
Too bad
for the ring. :cry: I wanted Hiroto give it to Nao in the end. But nice ending anyway
Do you know any series that is good as this one? I haven't seen a good jdrama like this for long time (besides ProDai :P )

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Oct 28th, '07, 03:37

I just finished it. And LOVED IT. At first I thought it was going to have a sad ending when you find out she was/is sick. I thought ... "Oh no. She's going to die." But it really did have a happy ending. I'm totally recommending this to other people. It was really good. And is it underrated here? Because I haven't really heard other people talking about it.

Btw, does the last ep just end with Hiroto putting the gloves on and leaving? Because that's how my downloaded ep ended.

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 28th, '07, 12:35

I have watched it in this spring...I love this drama....just, the ending is not too awesome. There is still a matter between Kame and his gf's dad. I thought it will be cleared in the end, but the story ends that the couple is back together...and that's all. But, I think it's a nice drama...since the first beginning, the meeting, until their separation...just the ending is not too nice I think.

Quinze

Post by Quinze » Oct 29th, '07, 05:31

hehrharz wrote:I have watched it in this spring...I love this drama....just, the ending is not too awesome. There is still a matter between Kame and his gf's dad. I thought it will be cleared in the end, but the story ends that the couple is back together...and that's all. But, I think it's a nice drama...since the first beginning, the meeting, until their separation...just the ending is not too nice I think.
I think the reason they don't draw attention to the thing between Nao's dad and Hiroto is because now she's independent rather than before where there was still the uncertainty of her getting sick and her still depending on her parents. If she's well enough to move away from her family, she's independent enough to chose who she wants to marry and I think her dad starts to realize it when he says all he can give her is money and even that's not needed anymore.

When I watched it the first time I had the same opinion but watching a 2nd time helped me absorb the details :wub:

I still was wondering if someone could point to a link where I could dld the OST?

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Oct 30th, '07, 08:04

I just googled it and this link came up --> http://sandwichie.vox.com/library/post/ ... i-ost.html

And they have a mediafire link there. I just downloaded now and it worked.

Quinze

Post by Quinze » Nov 1st, '07, 06:17

sefilily wrote:I just googled it and this link came up --> http://sandwichie.vox.com/library/post/ ... i-ost.html

And they have a mediafire link there. I just downloaded now and it worked.
Thankyou. I tried it though and I can't seem to decompress the file after having downloaded it. How did you do it?

erinitegami

Post by erinitegami » Dec 14th, '07, 06:23

I really liked tatta hitotsu no koi <3
kame! (:

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jan 1st, '08, 02:55

Ahh!!! I just finished watching it.
HONTO SUGOI.
I liked the ending so much! cause it was a happy one. ;P
Yep. I wanted Hiroto to give that ring to Nao. It was so nice! cause it was hand made. he should've jumped into the water and find it. XD
totally hot. Kame-kun is awesomeeeee~~ :wub: :wub:
You would so fall in love with him. :mrgreen:

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Jan 9th, '08, 17:03

I've just finished the show.. and it is just so good. I really love the scenes when there's just two of them and they're so lovey dovey.
It's been awhile since i've been this captivated by a romance drama.
Why isn't there that much hype about this show?! Its so sad ya, cos a show like this should be more recognised.

Anyone have more recommendations for romance jdramas like this? I never felt the pace was slow, guess i enjoyed the 'slow' moments where two of them are building e relationship
I guess i was wrong :D I thought nao would find the ring somewhere when she re-visited the factory in the last episode, but looks like it was truly lost

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 9th, '08, 17:21

noinimod wrote:I've just finished the show.. and it is just so good. I really love the scenes when there's just two of them and they're so lovey dovey.
It's been awhile since i've been this captivated by a romance drama.
Why isn't there that much hype about this show?! Its so sad ya, cos a show like this should be more recognised.

Anyone have more recommendations for romance jdramas like this? I never felt the pace was slow, guess i enjoyed the 'slow' moments where two of them are building e relationship
I guess i was wrong :D I thought nao would find the ring somewhere when she re-visited the factory in the last episode, but looks like it was truly lost
Mmm, Tatta Hitotsu was good ne? That's what I thought too, though my friends said that it was just okay. I've never felt that 'relaxed' watching a romance dorama...
And at least nobody died in the end or were there scenes in the hospital when one party falls ill... They left that part out and I think it was a good idea. I loved the scenes in the 1st episode when:
1. Nao was disgusted by all the fish at the stairs, but finally apologised to Hiroto (that's his name right? I watched this quite some time ago...), who acted cool. :lol
2. When Hiroto spotted a sulking Nao across the room past that bubbly water thingy... I thought that scene is really captivating.
Anyway, I'd recommend Hotaru no Hikari. It's also a romance drama, quite nice (more comical than Tatta Hitotsu) and also stars Ayase Haruka (Nao)! Enjoy~

2RR

Post by 2RR » Jan 13th, '08, 20:56

Wow! I love this drama...hope to watch more jdoramas like this one. I didn't feel there was any boring episode...always looking forward to the next episode. I actually finished watching the whole series. Love Kame in this series...he was really good playing as Hiroto. :salut:

risa6chan

Post by risa6chan » Jan 16th, '08, 04:01

i like this show so much. it was so painful watching it when they were forced to break up :( :(

but glad that it was a good ending!

i love the idea of kame being a dirty technician as well. SEXY!

and nao is so sweet looking.

rairai

Post by rairai » Apr 28th, '08, 11:13

ooh.. i just love this drama... i was like melting the whole time.. its really touching and it shows what true love is..

my fave part:
whenever they (kame and ayase) hang out in the yatch (or is it a boat? whatev :D) and they'r just being sweet..
yea, good thing nothing tragic happend.. (coz i was expecting that sumthing sad wud happen in the end but aslo hoping there wudnt) i like how it ended

the cast's just great.. kame's so cool and ka-wa-ii!! and everyone else's just great (ayase!!).. koki's really funny in this one.. heehees..

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jun 30th, '08, 16:11

Totally a very good drama!!! One of my fave J-doramas!!! It's a beautifully written drama that tackles the realities of boy-meets-rich-girl story without exaggeration...very heartwarming!!! True love waits, indeed!! :wub:

I started to like Kame bec. of this drama :lol I used to dislike him a lot XD U can't imagine the silent dissing I did against him XD

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Sep 4th, '08, 13:23

aaah-ah~

I just finished watching THnK! I love it. :wub: I think this is the first time that dramawiki's synopsis got me interested.

What I like:
The bittersweet tone of the drama. It made my heart wrench. Seeing as how the starting of the drama hints at tradegy, It makes me think of the bad things that can happen to our lovers here. The music and the setting. The first episode played to a scene of Yokohama and the music draw me in instantly! Not to mention, Hiroto's narration. music + Hiroto's narration = make me love it already

What I love about this drama is they laced what happened in earlier episodes and reflect in later episodes. Examples, in episode 5? They were in a classroom and Nao was playing as a teacher. Ko mentioned if he had Nao as a teacher, he'd do his best. Then, in episode 9(after some years had passed), we see Nao teaching :) Her friends had an impact on her :)

I like Ren's reference how H & N are like whales. I love the balcony communication. :thumleft:

What makes Hiroto fell in love with Nao? I agree with the person's (earlier in the thread) viewpoint. Nao is really straight forward and can express what she thinks openly. Hiroto, on the other hand is not one who can so freely word his thoughts out.
What I didn't like:
Sometimes, I feel our main couple converse as if they are strangers. And the conversation seems shallow.

the "we're just only 20" thing played well. When Nao decided to leave home, and wanted to go off with Hiroto ... I didn't like that part. At the age of 20, what can they possibly do? Sure, you ran away to be with the one you love. maybe you can survive for a week. But then, after that, what? It feels wrong. You dont even have the means to support yourself. You will miss your family. It seems like you have abandoned your family. at the age of 20, it has the feeling of one can meet other people. dont have to be so serious & committed.

So, that's what is so endearing with our main couple. Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. :wub:

I also didn't like the time elapse to a few years later. It makes me feel "oh, everyone has moved on with their life." when i'm still wishing for the couple to get together then.
I like the ending. Could have been better, but at least they are together :D

flootist1661

Post by flootist1661 » Sep 15th, '08, 00:10

what stood out to me in this drama the most was ayase haruka and kamenashi kazuya's FRIENDS and FAMILY not the main characters themselves..haha
toda erika and kaname jun

very typical plot..only watch if you cant think of anything better to do.
unless its your first few dramas..you wont like it that much

Free

Post by Free » Sep 21st, '08, 19:59

I just finished watching this series Saturday night, and I thought it was so adorable well...for certain scenes which made the series absolutely fun to watch.
To bad there wasn't much focus(?) on some of the other characters like ayuta(yuta hiraoke) meh can't be helped..all in all still a very good series none the less =]

Stariella

Post by Stariella » Oct 30th, '08, 11:53

This story is SO SWEET!! I finished it in a matter of hours. I didn't thought a story like this would appeal to me since it's a "classic romantic story... poor guy rich girl..." and there's the pretty face Kamenashi whom I don't really fancy. But after the first 20 minutes of the 1st episode, I'm hooked. The chemistry is wonderful... the acting is nice to watch (esp Kamenashi, Ayase and Koki!), the music is excellent and the storyline is beautiful. This is a drama brings back memories of pure first love and the love which we let go off because the time wasn't right.

lilazn944u

Has anyone ever..

Post by lilazn944u » Feb 2nd, '09, 05:04

Watched a jdrama and was like OMG WTF I know everyone here(from prev dramas)

For me it just happened with Tatta Hitotsu no koi.

I knew the whole cast from prev dramas and it was a great drama!

anyone ever experienced this?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Feb 2nd, '09, 06:00

lol That's what happens after you've seen a certain number of dramas.

LeperColony
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LeperColony » Feb 2nd, '09, 09:19

Yeah, you pretty quickly notice that the entire Japanese tv industry is staffed by like 200 people.

noobee

Post by noobee » Feb 4th, '09, 11:06

ya! it happens

makuii

Post by makuii » Feb 4th, '09, 11:15

it def happens with me...
i was watching the galileo special and literally laughed when i saw miura haruma as the young yukawa manabu...
haha good times
yeah it happens

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Feb 4th, '09, 11:36

guess I haven't watched that many dramas, LOL.

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jul 1st, '09, 19:28

I LOVED Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. It was so touching.
I'm really glad it was a happy ending instead of a sad ending. I know I haven't watched many dramas, but there just has been WAY too many sad endings. After all that crying I did, I'm seriously glad they got together. That fiancee is one understanding man! (;

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 1st, '09, 19:44

I started and finished this yesterday in one long marathon, which I haven't done in a long time, so this is definitely on my top 10 list. Just loved every minute of it, and especially Haruka-chan.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Jul 2nd, '09, 09:26

It's indeed a very beautiful story. Part of the top ones for sure. ^^

ika-chan

Tatta hitotsu no koi - my thoughts

Post by ika-chan » Aug 4th, '09, 18:23

Tatta hitotsu no koi - my thoughts

Just finished this at 3am. Couldn’t resist watching all through the show after the 5th series. I must say -- this is a beautiful drama. I loved every bit of it.

I have been looking forward to this drama actually, due to a number of reasons. I like both Ayase Haruka and Kazuya Kamenashi. And I heard about the screenwriter - Eriko Kitagawa. Though I haven’t watched any of her dramas, her fame as “Goddess of love” must speak something about her. So I was really looking forward to this drama...

I recently just watched Hotaru no Hikari and I really liked it. It showed me a totally different side to romantic dramas, one that is mature and realistic. A contrast to fairy tale romance dramas where everything from the setting, characters to the story are too fantastic and intangible. Although they are fun to watch, but I do really prefer more real-life dramas now, as I think they are much deeper and characters much stronger and overall just reaches my heart more than fairy tale dramas.

I was very careful before watching Tatta hitotsu no koi actually because - I HATE sad endings. Tear-jerkers type of dramas are the kind that I hate the most. I personally feel like it is an insult to love, and to the couple in the story who are so in love. I just don’t believe in the ‘ultimate’ message that tear-jerking stories want to tell.

So, I purposely made sure this drama does NOT have a sad ending, but I did not read much more than that - I was actually prepared to watch it regardless.

Eriko Kitagawa really lived up to my expectation. You can really tell the difference between a truly professional story writer and just any kind of story. I thought Tatta hitotsu no koi was masterfully written.

The characters, the setting, the conversation, the symbolisms, the plot, the themes --- all were masterfully planned and very meaningful.

Characters: I really love to watch a group of friends being together hanging out. ProDai’s group of friends was fun I thought. But Tatta hitotsu’s group of friends were the ‘best’ group of friends. They stuck together, hung out together, and looked after each other. Although Ayuta liked Nao, things didn’t get ugly.

Truly after watching Hotaru no hikari and Tatta hitotsu no koi, it really puts the other fantasy romantic dramas to shame. Hana yori dango, hanakimi, prodai. Watching their immaturity and actions is just a torture.

In Tatta hitotsu, I thought the portrayal of Hiroto’s character is beautiful. He has gone through so much at such a young age. We see that he is just a child -- yet he has to be the main man in his house. He has to be the owner of the company his father left behind, he has to look after his brother and even his useless mother. That’s why when Nao ran away from home and gave up everything for Hiroto, and Hiroto said he couldn’t give up his family and elope with her just like that -- we all understood him. He couldn’t have.

This is what I mean by being realistic, and mature drama. A story that truly takes into account all the facets and complexities of our real life - and portrays a beautiful story around it. It shows how people go through problems, and overcome them.

It may be totally romantic for Hiroto to say - yes I’ll give up everything and run away with you -- yaye! touching love. But like he said, 3 days later - the fairy tale will collapse.

Also - how Hiroto handled the worker stealing all his money, how he handled the company owner who asked him to kneel down before him, and insulted his father - it was pure awesomeness. How there are not many ‘tantrums’ - bouts of anger, trashing around to show emotions. It something we see a lot in dramas but it totally undermines the character. Also how Hiroto handled the news of his mother’s shameful deeds. He was not once - disrespectful to his own mother. Even when his only time of shouting to Nao - we see his anger, but it also shows how much he loves and cares for his sick brother, how much the family burden is on him.

I also really liked the farewell party for Nao, and when Nao and Hiroto quarreled - the quarrel was so real. The conversation. We saw why hiroto was being so hurtful, saying he forgot all that --- it was because he was bottled up, he was so sad, and angry at her for forgetting about him.

I also really liked the whale symbolism, the shining the light - and reciprocation. It is an irony because - that light, that shining of the light is said by Ren, to be like what the whales are doing - communicating even though they are 200km apart...

BUT

That was the reason - of the misunderstanding. The 3rd year, Nao was in hospital and she couldn’t shine the light on her birthday. Hiroto thought she had forgotten about him. Then he moved house. Nao shone the light on the 4th year, and didn’t see Hiroto reciprocate - not knowing he had moved houses. So she thought he had forgotten about her, and decided to move on.

I think this was a meaningful part of the story - as it sort of portrays how humans are not whales, we don’t communicate through sonar or some ‘low frequency sounds’ that transmit 200km away. Humans communicate upclose and we saw how beautiful they’re communication was - all the time they spent together.

Finally - I think the last point about things I liked about the drama - I liked the ending, and the final message - of how time is the test of many things.
Time allows us to grow up. Time is the tester of love.
All their problems - are they not solved with time? Parent’s objecting them being together - take time for each side to grow up, and in the end when Nao can be independent, she can now choose for herself.
Time healed Ren, as he grew out of his asthma.
Time allowed Hiroto to give up the factory and sort out his priorities - which are his family.
Time allowed Nao’s health to be confirmed. 5 years risk - actually is quite medically sound. If after the 5th year things are okay - then it will be okay for the rest of your life. And childhood leukemia does have a high rate of cure, as opposed to adult leukemia.
Time tested their love -- and proved that it wasn’t just a teenage crush, it wasn’t just a flurry of youthful passion and falling in love, like the father said.

I am a real fan of happy endings - not just any happy ending, but one that has earned itself a happy ending. That is, been through trials - and hardship, to arrive at a happy ending.

I liked how Hiroto’s mother was redeemed - apologized for all that she had done. We sympathise with her. Thinking back, after losing her husband to suicide - she probably went crazy with the emotional trauma herself. She did act a bit loony and abnormal isn’t it.

What I didn’t like was the wedding of Kou-kun. It was unexpected - I just thought, if he hadn’t gotten married but just broke up and at the ending left that open - it would have perhaps added to the anticipation of him getting together with yuko.

Anyway - a very beautiful romance drama. Loved the characters. Loved the story and their interactions. Forgot to mention - I absolutely love how they met. Hiroto x Nao.

Now what I don’t understand is -- why is this drama so unpopular?

Compared to Hotaru no hikari - I think I still prefer Hotaru no hikari as a whole. But this is 2nd best romance drama on my list.

jae.kimmie

Post by jae.kimmie » Sep 7th, '09, 03:08

^ to you my dear, cheers.
because i agree with every bit of what you said. i was actually expecting this drama to have a sad ending. what with knowing her sick and all that. but in the middle, i just couldn't help but think, if this will have a sad ending, i will definitely cry. but i didn't. maybe just tear-jerked (because of happiness).

SPOILERS!
there are scenes i couldn't forget. the one with Hiroto meeting Yamashita and holding the knife, as blood trickled down. that must have been one of the moving scenes in the drama. it just solely means that even though he can fight against him, he chose not to - because that would only worsen the situation, and he couldn't risk Nao being hurt again.

one more scene was in the boat, just before they talked about the future, when Hiroto held Nao in his arms, kissing her hair/forehead, touching her ears. this one really touched me to the point that i almost wished there aren't anymore trials in their life. but i guess that just showed how deeply in love Hiroto is, from his simple actions.

cheers to this drama, it definitely wormed its way to my favorites, and Kame too, to my top actors list.

~jae

Feasible

Post by Feasible » Sep 19th, '09, 06:44

Thanks, ika-chan for your lengthy and fantastic reviews of the two romance dramas. I have watched Tata Hitotsu no koi because of the writer and Kame but haven't watched Hotaru no hikari. This series is going into my Watch List!

emmers

Post by emmers » Jun 1st, '10, 15:03

Just finished this drama and it is definitely in my top five. It was just so sweet and I thought the acting was amazing!

It also moved Kame up my Asian hottie list (to #2 right behind MatsuJun) and made me stop denying the fact that I liked him. When I first saw him in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge I thought he was a little freaky-looking, but he grew on me by the end. He was also okay in Nobuta wo Produce but since that wasn't really a romantic lead it just made me respect him more as an actor. But after watching Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, I am absolutely in love with him!

My only little complaint about the show was that the last two episode were a little anticlimatic. But then I'm the hopeless romantic type that likes things to end with a kiss and a wedding. ^_^

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Jun 16th, '10, 23:45

Just wanted to share my Tatta Hitotsu no Koi review...

Enjoy! :salut:
emmers wrote: When I first saw him in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge I thought he was a little freaky-looking, but he grew on me by the end.
Lololol @ "freaky-looking"!!! :lol 'Coz that's what I think of him ALL the time -- except in THnK and NwP, of course. :mrgreen:

tsukia

Post by tsukia » Aug 17th, '10, 19:04

You know, this drama has one hell of a great script, full of great references to the core. I'm seeing it throw once again and it's making me a big fan of Kitagawa Eriko. It's simple yet very profound, exactly because of it's simplicity - she can be humble about the concept of love and the way it happens. And it`s because of stories like these that I keep seeking doramas to watch.

Oh, and not to be unfair, the actors were really good at characterization. Their moods and flaws, their facial expressions, everything so special and so synchronized with the scripts "feeling" of a bittersweet summer remanence. That was why I became a fan of Ayase Haruka and Kamenashi Kazuya all the way.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Aug 17th, '10, 21:21

Yes, this is definitely a good drama and another reason I liked Kitagawa Eriko's previous work... the other reasons are Long Vacation and Orange Days.

I'd heard good things about this drama and when I first started watching it though, "So what's so great about this?" but halfway through, I began to get it. A nice, simple, sweet story of young love.