Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Tiger&Dragon

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ayachan369

Tiger&Dragon

Post by ayachan369 » Oct 7th, '06, 07:43

can any1 cfm with me abt the special. is it a movie initially den they made it into a drama ?

2triky

Re: Tiger&Dragon

Post by 2triky » Oct 7th, '06, 07:50

ayachan369 wrote:can any1 cfm with me abt the special. is it a movie initially den they made it into a drama ?

yes the Special came out first....so watch the Special first and then follow with the drama thereafter to follow the appropriate chronology.

ayachan369

Post by ayachan369 » Oct 7th, '06, 07:57

lol. i finished the drama den came to the special. lol. so it means that is nth aft the drama anymore ?

2triky

Post by 2triky » Oct 7th, '06, 16:21

ayachan369 wrote:lol. i finished the drama den came to the special. lol. so it means that is nth aft the drama anymore ?
yes, the last episode of the drama concludes the story.

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Aug 11th, '07, 00:00

T & D Magic Special

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Oct 15th, '07, 04:49

i have watched episode 3 and kind of didnt get the clear link between the tea ceremony n the wrist band party...

anybody who have watched tis episode care to explain the link betw the two??

really like how tis drama link the story telling n the real life situations 8)

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Oct 15th, '07, 15:44

7654321friend wrote:i have watched episode 3 and kind of didnt get the clear link between the tea ceremony n the wrist band party...

anybody who have watched tis episode care to explain the link betw the two??

really like how tis drama link the story telling n the real life situations 8)
(Caveat: i last viewed this a yr ago so collection might be quite vague. Will try to answer this to the best of my ability since i'm in the mood to recall the Tiger n Dragon good times)
The moral behind epi 3 is "Be yourself and not be influenced by other's definition of what's cool/right"

In the tea ceremory, you have a rich man trying to learn the way of being cultured by learning how to make tea but is too proud to outright ask for advice. He invited people whom he deemed cultured and should be skilled in the way of tea , hoping to get some tips on tea making from gauging their reactions when they're trying his tea. As it turns out the "cultured people" he invited were novice in the art of tea making/tasting too but too proud to admit and in order not to lose face, justing copied the rich man's actions in tea tasting and blindly drank horrible tasting tea. In the end, it was like the blind leading the blind. Both sides were doing it the wrong way cos they were copying each other.

The wristman party... Kudo san (the scriptwriter) was using the analogy of tea ceremory (blind leading the blind) to mock how people were buying wristbands. These people didn't like the wristbands at all but just wanted them to get into hip parties organised by that style guru who was deemed as hip and in. Isn't it like blind leading the blind too, does the style guru really knows best? Anyway Ryuji realised this and refused to be a part of this

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Oct 19th, '07, 20:31

Love this series so much XD especially the story-telling which relating to the real life. One of the best series with the best moral of the story!