[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 24th, '08, 20:30

OH! I'm not the only one to see the likeness!!??!!! Cool! Hahahahaha, I posted about him on page 52 on this thread... I'll post it again, hehehe:
Say... this has nothing to do with nodame cantabile, I but find it gives me the same exhilarating feeling the NC orchestras gave me:
A real-life orchestra that kicks ass yo! and they are from my country!
Orquesta Sinfónica de la Juventud venezolana (Symphonic Orchestra of the venezuelan youth)

Directed by the great Gustavo Dudamel:

LOL! XD he could make a great character for nodame cantabile...

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 10th, '08, 01:12

If anyone knows where I can find Nodame OST for the 2008 Special chapters please PM me...onegai!! :salut:

musotaku

Post by musotaku » Mar 10th, '08, 02:43

I finally had a chance to catch up to the latest manga chapters by visiting the livejournal link posted a couple of pages back. Thanks for posting that link!!! The next manga chapter (Lesson 121) comes out Mar. 20 in Kiss.

I am absolutely blown away by Ninomiya's choice of the Ravel Piano Concerto in G as the piece that seems like could end up as Nodame's debut with Chiaki. The Ravel Piano Concerto is Nodame thru-and-thru, from the opening snap to the closing whack of the bass drum. And she's set up Kuroki as the one who might play the sensuous English horn solo in the slow movement. It's brilliant. Now I *really* hope they will make another special. If you want to hear a piece that captures Nodame perfectly, check it out.

A few comments on the manga:
After all the talk above about what's happened since the recital at St. Malo (which was the end of the SP), I went back and re-read it before getting myself up to date at the livejournal site. I think Nodame and Chiaki at this point are friends with benefits. But I also think Chiaki indulges himself only rarely. Obviously, Nodame wants more than that, but that seems about all Chiaki will offer at this point.

Ninomiya protects the privacy of her characters quite closely, but, for example, they almost certainly "did it" off-page between pages 17 and 18 of Lesson 118. Apparently, the kotatsu gets Chiaki every time. It makes me want a kotatsu, too. :mrgreen:

They are sharing the same bed while Chiaki is there coaching her, but they don't seem ever to be in bed at the same time (at least, in-panel). And he is clearly only living with her temporarily as her coach. She eventually kicks him out.

The biggest mystery to me is what is Auclair-sensei's plan for Nodame. Why is he pushing her so hard? (Just making up for lost time?) But the big news, of course, is that he finally called her "Megumi" instead of "Baby-chan". I am a little disappointed that Nodame required Chiaki's coaching to achieve this. But I guess it shows that he brings more to her than just cooking and cleaning.

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Mar 10th, '08, 03:22

anoooo, cud someone post again that link to the manga?? im kinda dizzy now trying to backread..hehe..

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 11th, '08, 03:55

can i ask where do u guys downloading the manga from??

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 19th, '08, 03:21

Coming April 11.

sad_dumpling

Post by sad_dumpling » Mar 21st, '08, 07:14

omg.... i love love love nodame cantabile and now a special!!!?!?!!!
life is good.

aeris0729

Post by aeris0729 » Mar 22nd, '08, 07:57

uhmm guys and gals! is it true that fujitv is considering another SP or a 2nd season????!!!!if so i would be dying for this!!!

SnowyDreams

Post by SnowyDreams » Mar 22nd, '08, 08:07

Oh my god. another SP?!?!?!?!

I hope it's true!

marienne

Post by marienne » Mar 22nd, '08, 10:47

Oh is it really true? It would be so so great to have a second special!!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 22nd, '08, 17:19

aeris0729 wrote:uhmm guys and gals! is it true that fujitv is considering another SP or a 2nd season????!!!!if so i would be dying for this!!!
Uh, where's did yo hear this??

Where's your proof??

Please don't spread rumors... :-(

aeris0729

Post by aeris0729 » Mar 23rd, '08, 01:23

i'm not spreading rumors...sorry

i've just read it in another forum,(i dont know where) that's why im asking for confirmation if its true..anyways i'm just gonna keep my hopes up since there are still many issues in the live action that has not yet been cleared and since the manga is still on going..hehe

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 23rd, '08, 03:32

Yeah, everyone, including myself, want to see the story continue in live action, but you have to be realistic.... :)

rairai

Post by rairai » Mar 25th, '08, 09:41

i super super love nodame!! my 2 favorites of all jdramas are hotaru no hikari and this one.. but i think nodame is funnier..

wuff

Post by wuff » Mar 25th, '08, 22:37

rairai wrote:i super super love nodame!! my 2 favorites of all jdramas are hotaru no hikari and this one.. but i think nodame is funnier..

yeah! these two dramas are my favourite ones, too. :lol

By the way, this rumour about the drama or SP perhaps would be a little bit difficult right now, because of Juri's new hairstyle... which doesn't similar to Nodame's at all, right? But I love her new image!!! :wub: She is so cute with this boyish style with those boots on her, isn't she?

rairai

Post by rairai » Mar 27th, '08, 06:22

wuff wrote:
rairai wrote:i super super love nodame!! my 2 favorites of all jdramas are hotaru no hikari and this one.. but i think nodame is funnier..

yeah! these two dramas are my favourite ones, too. :lol
wow.. cool.. :D i think the similarity of both drama is the lead character (amemiya and nodame) natural, funny and cute.. ne.. :-)

rairai

Post by rairai » Mar 28th, '08, 10:23

im now watching nodame special.. kyaaa.. its so funny.. nodame and chiaki looks cute together!

jeanzaddict

Post by jeanzaddict » Mar 28th, '08, 13:44

exactly. nodame is wonderfully funny and also touching :D. i also super duper love it! <3

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 28th, '08, 14:04

Nodame gets married???

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 28th, '08, 21:23

eh?! That doesn't look like Chiaki though!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 28th, '08, 22:10

atskv9 wrote:eh?! That doesn't look like Chiaki though!
It isn't. :mrgreen:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Mar 29th, '08, 00:07

:blink she looks matured on this pic....from her new drama? where did you get it from, bmwracer :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 29th, '08, 01:16

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 29th, '08, 01:29

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Mar 29th, '08, 11:52

Imagebmwracer is playing jokes, I see ImageImage

Well, at least it's definitely not from Engine :scratch:

raspberry

Post by raspberry » Mar 29th, '08, 15:51

perhaps it is from a videoclip???...
Inoue Mao was also playing in First Kiss clip as a bride...
But Ueno Juri is very beautiful in this wedding dress. It suits her. :roll

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 29th, '08, 16:53

LOL. :lol

Those screencaps are from the movie Christmas on July 24th Avenue (7 Gatsu 24 Nichi Toori no Christmas)...

Here's the link: http://www.724-christmas.com/index.html

Juri-chan only has a small role in this movie... :(

paramaya

Post by paramaya » Mar 29th, '08, 19:05

Hi everyone. I'm a newcomer here,
I've just watched Nodame Cantabile and Densha Otoko (both funny and romantic).
Chiaki's cooler in series before europe SE...though in SE there are more romantic moments.
but well, i'm very much waiting for Nodame series season 2, the manga, too.
nice to meet u all.
Last edited by paramaya on Apr 20th, '08, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 29th, '08, 19:10

paramaya wrote:Hi everyone. I'm a newcomer here,
I've just watched Nodame Cantabile and Densha Otoko (both funny and romantic).
Chiaki's cooler in series before europe SE...though in SE theres more romantic moments,
like kissing after nodame's recital.
but well, i'm very much waiting for Nodame series season 2, the manga, too.
nice to meet u all.
You should use the spoiler tags.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 29th, '08, 21:47

raspberry wrote:But Ueno Juri is very beautiful in this wedding dress. It suits her. :roll
ha yeah, even if she is crying :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 29th, '08, 22:02

atskv9 wrote:
raspberry wrote:But Ueno Juri is very beautiful in this wedding dress. It suits her. :roll
ha yeah, even if she is crying :lol
She looks much better in the wedding dress in Jodan ja Nai!...

Too bad the drama was only so-so. :(

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Mar 31st, '08, 15:20

Hello, I think I have the obligation to say good bye and thank you here in Nodame Cantabile thread.
For the reasons why I decided to stop subbing, you can read them here in my Shika Otoko subtitle thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 46#1007946
Or I can copy and paste here to make it shorter:
Yes, I am sorry, it is closed infinitely. And no, they did not come for me about copy right issue but I closed my HP because I am worried they might. Because of copyright issue, I have also decided not to sub anymore, I am sorry. Perhaps you can have a clearer picture from this thread, in which I also posted last night (thread title: No more torrents from Japan?):
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_59395_45.htm
Actually there is another reason, I was upset that I was banned from a relatively well-known dorama site in LJ after I asked the admin to take off my Jotei subs there. She banned me after calling me names (selfish, hypocrite etc) and told me to stop subbing, and uploaded my Karei Naru Ichizoku subs the next day, after deleting the evidence of my post and her own post. Then she made the page *friends only* and all posts will be moderated....
She also banned another person who earlier just casually said that I might not want my subs to be uploaded in LJ without permission. The poor girl is also a member here at DA, she told me by PM about her being banned. Poor girl, and she is not even the person who PM-ed me at my HP about my subs being uploaded in LJ/megaupload.
I have screen captures of the incident because I was not dumb enough to refresh that page in LJ after the admin posted that she would ban me right away!
Thank you very much for your supports in Nodame Cantabile.
I hope you have found my subs of it useful and entertaining.

Thank you once again, and good luck in everything.
Last edited by siantut on Mar 31st, '08, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

nihonjunkie

Music

Post by nihonjunkie » Mar 31st, '08, 16:30

hi does anyone have a listing of all the music that was featured in the SP?? including those played in the background............... will be eternally grateful! :D

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 31st, '08, 17:19

siantut, even though I only had the opportunity to use your subs for the Nodame SP, I am very grateful for all your hardwork! Very sad to see you go as I know you are a respected member of the subbing community. Your subs were awesome to say the least :-)
Good luck with everything and thanks again! :cry:

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 1st, '08, 00:44

Hi Siantut, thank you for sharing your subs in Nodame, I had a great time reading them. Good luck to your endeavors.

paramaya

Post by paramaya » Apr 1st, '08, 13:33

Siantut..
Just when I joined this room... :cry:
I had no idea about who had subbed all those nodame cantabile series. But now I know it was you.
and thanks to you, I can understand completely how the story (nodame) goes... though sometimes I'd prefer not to look at the subtitles, and just try to catch the words being spoken.. because I hate reading the subs while loosing some parts of the scenes.

Well, I also want to say goodbye to you.

paramaya

Post by paramaya » Apr 1st, '08, 13:52

@bmwracer..
sumimasen... what did you mean by spoiler tag?
was the text displayed bad in your computer?
I wanted it displayed as seen, and nothing wrong here.
please forgive my lack of knowledge.
soshite, hajimemashite.

paramaya

Post by paramaya » Apr 1st, '08, 14:17

U guys who love the actors in Nodame Cantabile and want to watch their acting more, just go to this discuss. room: Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita.
Three actors from NC will be on cast: Ueno Juri (Nodame), Eita (Ryutaro Mine), and MizukawaAsami (Miki Kiyora).
Gomen, some of you may have known this.
I wonder if I could watch either.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 1st, '08, 15:16

paramaya wrote:@bmwracer..
sumimasen... what did you mean by spoiler tag?
was the text displayed bad in your computer?
I wanted it displayed as seen, and nothing wrong here.
please forgive my lack of knowledge.
soshite, hajimemashite.
You should use spoiler tags so that you don't give away significant points in the plot of the story and possibly ruin it for someone who hasn't seen the drama yet...

paramaya

Post by paramaya » Apr 1st, '08, 19:19

Ah, that's right. I didn't notice that. Please forgive my being ignorant..

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Apr 5th, '08, 04:24

just finished watching everything of nodame... totemo sugokatta! i think it finishes off nicely n judging from the manga... it doesnt seems to be very interesting if there is a 2nd SP lar. in fact mayb it turns out very sad tt chiaki n nodame relationship on the rocks. felt quite sad when nodame was very sad in the show...well instead of a 2nd SP, i rather watch a drama w chiaki/nodame again...:)

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 7th, '08, 12:36

I just finished wtaching Nodame drama. WOW! Sugoi! It was really cute. Some pp hate Nodame drama becuase it's kind of unreal with all extra effects but I love it because of them. I like how drama followed manga so closely and the cast really suited their roles. Nodame was pretty and Ciacki hot <3 However teh last episode was a bit boring wth long goodbyes and stuff...

rairai

Post by rairai » Apr 8th, '08, 14:24

there r people who hate nodame??!! wow, i find it unbelievable.. coz i really think its a great drama.. :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 8th, '08, 19:00

rairai wrote:there r people who hate nodame??!! wow, i find it unbelievable.. coz i really think its a great drama.. :)
There's a number of people at J-Dorama who don't particularly care for Nodame for various reasons:

1. It's juvenile (There is quite a bit of silliness, but it is a comedy for the most part, after all)
2. It's too slapstick/violent (Chiaki does slap Nodame around quite a bit, but that's only a small part of the drama... Haters get fixated on this and can't let it go)
3. It's took comic-book like... (I mean, it's adapted from a manga, so what do you want???)

For any drama, not everyone can love it...

I mean I really hate Sekaichu, though a lot of people love it... So it works both ways... :)

Daish

Post by Daish » Apr 8th, '08, 23:47

As much as I love Nodame, I could totally see how its not everyone's cup of tea as to put it simply, it is just a bit extreme, in a good sense I suppose.

But even so I remember reading that someone listed nodame as one of the worst drama ever and suggested to avoid it like the plague :lol luckily (for them) I kept calm :roll

and sad to see siantut go... If it wasn't for her, I might not have ever discovered juri chan.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 9th, '08, 01:25

Daish wrote:As much as I love Nodame, I could totally see how its not everyone's cup of tea as to put it simply, it is just a bit extreme, in a good sense I suppose.
I think most older people seem to dislike it more than the younger crowd... I guess they can't relate...

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Apr 9th, '08, 04:51

i think nodame very nice also... anyway its from a shojo manga afterall... some pple just think shojo manga very childish n all abt love...nah but who cares as long as we like :lol

rairai

Post by rairai » Apr 9th, '08, 12:59

bmwracer, Daish: yea, ur right.. i was just so inlove with it, that i didnt think of it being disliked..
i guess the fact that diff ppl have diff preferences explains it.. :)
but i like it being comic-ish and exaggerated.. it made it even funnier.. :)

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 9th, '08, 20:10

bmwracer wrote:
rairai wrote:there r people who hate nodame??!! wow, i find it unbelievable.. coz i really think its a great drama.. :)
There's a number of people at J-Dorama who don't particularly care for Nodame for various reasons:

1. It's juvenile (There is quite a bit of silliness, but it is a comedy for the most part, after all)
2. It's too slapstick/violent (Chiaki does slap Nodame around quite a bit, but that's only a small part of the drama... Haters get fixated on this and can't let it go)
3. It's took comic-book like... (I mean, it's adapted from a manga, so what do you want???)

I mean I really hate Sekaichu, though a lot of people love it... So it works both ways... :)
I can't agree more with you. Ecpesially the reason 3. old senile farts who don't have snece of humour don't get that it's funny. It's funny. :alcoholic: I know that not everyone can love enerything but at least have good reason for the hate. Guess Nodame drama is a bit hard to understand after all.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 9th, '08, 22:26

maakopla wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

I can't agree more with you. Ecpesially the reason 3. old senile farts who don't have snece of humour don't get that it's funny. It's funny. :alcoholic: I know that not everyone can love enerything but at least have good reason for the hate. Guess Nodame drama is a bit hard to understand after all.
LOL, I'm older than most (all?) of the people here, but I haven't lost my sense of humor...

It's what keeps you young, ne? :thumleft: :D

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 10th, '08, 22:22

Guess so :mrgreen: i hope I will stay young forever.

I don't mind ppl hating Nodame drama becuase everyoen has their own tastes. But the magic of Nodame is not in the plot but in wonderful characters and the humour. If you take that away what's left? Nothing. Nodame was never meant to be serious or real, it was made to be full of slapstick humour and super cute effects. Ppl don't seem to understand this and that's what angers me the most. Cast was great, they did really great job and they brought Nodame manga to life. I don't know but I suspect that they couldn't have done better.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 10th, '08, 22:52

maakopla wrote:I don't mind ppl hating Nodame drama becuase everyoen has their own tastes. But the magic of Nodame is not in the plot but in wonderful characters and the humour.
And the music. :thumleft:

And I think the drama has a pretty good plot... There's a number of dramatic and heartfelt scenes throughout the entire show. :)

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Apr 11th, '08, 05:09

the plot n cast is great! i alw love japanese dramas more than korean/taiwanese darams bec jap dramas alw managed to end up short n sweet like abt 11 episodes? wont have the naggy feeling tt y this drama cant finish etc etc... not saying nodame is the best jap drama i seen so far. but it gives a good storyline n finish off nicely w memorable casts

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 11th, '08, 05:17

Uh, you shouldn't use the abbreviation "Jap..."

A lot of people consider it derogatory. :(

paramaya

Post by paramaya » Apr 11th, '08, 15:13

don't know what happened to this forum, but I think you guys don't have to worry. so many ppl love Nodame (I think). I did rewatch the series for a whole week, and still like listening to its musics (well, I have its OST Compilation from a friend). what makes me like Nodame is because I watched it from the very beginning, and wanted to see more of its plots and mostly all character's acting.

but now, I want some new series/movies to go. well, I've been engrosed in Nodame so much that I jumped in here. yes, it was indeed enjoyable for me being stuck alone in my room watching Nodame Cantabile (and Densha Otoko after that), both still linger and impress me, that it's hard to move to others.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 11th, '08, 21:43

Nodame SP box set (coming May 9).

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 15th, '08, 04:04

Image Image

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 21st, '08, 14:53

is there an english site which lists all the music used in the series?
i know there's http://nodamemusic.web.fc2.com/drama.html but that's all in japanese :-(

or better yet, does anyone know the piece that's played in episode 8 at 41:10min

thanks!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 28th, '08, 20:40

Mongoose mouse and mouse pad available at Amazon Japan. :)

rairai

Post by rairai » Apr 28th, '08, 22:59

bmwracer: kawaii!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 10th, '08, 04:04

Just got the SP and Europe discs in the mail today:

The separate single disc DVD Image has a map of Prague and Paris, behind the scenes stuff/interviews, a 1-1/2 hour promo video with more behind the scenes stuff (the footage looks like the same one that Stage6 had posted a while back):

Image Image

The special DVD Image has a Nodame passport(?) wallet, extra space for the above DVD, and three discs: one for each lesson and a special disc with interviews and a number of complete concert music performances (no dialog or cutaways)... :)

And one other thing I've noticed while scanning through the two Lessons: there's apparently extra footage( ! ) not shown in the original broadcast...

Sweet. :thumleft:

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » May 10th, '08, 04:21

Ahh so lucky!! I hope somebody rips the extras!! :goggle:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 10th, '08, 04:33

atskv9 wrote:Ahh so lucky!! I hope somebody rips the extras!! :goggle:
Is that a hint? :mrgreen:

aghrakashi

Nodame Cantabile SP

Post by aghrakashi » May 10th, '08, 04:40

Wow... Now I want the DVD to :wub: Thanks for informing us what's in it. Now have to same my money to order it :P
Attachments
nodamegroup.jpg
nodamegroup.jpg (102.82 KiB) Viewed 3837 times

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » May 10th, '08, 05:44

bmwracer wrote:
lol if you're up for it :roll no biggie if you're not up to it though. I would hope it would be popular enough that multitudes of people would want to rip and upload it :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 10th, '08, 06:11

atskv9 wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
lol if you're up for it :roll no biggie if you're not up to it though. I would hope it would be popular enough that multitudes of people would want to rip and upload it :P
I'm sure it'll show up on Veoh and/or DailyMotion eventually... It happened for the original box set. :sweat:

Here's a pic of the SP box set contents and the Europe disc (upper left):

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » May 12th, '08, 07:15

great packaging, if only it had subtitles..

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 12th, '08, 13:31

BOGCHI wrote:great packaging, if only it had subtitles..
If you watched the subbed version enough times, you don't need the subtitles for the box set. ;)

zeox

Post by zeox » May 12th, '08, 23:07

aren't these sets overpriced as hell though? everywhere I've seen sets like this, they've been waaaay to expensive

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 12th, '08, 23:50

zeox wrote:aren't these sets overpriced as hell though? everywhere I've seen sets like this, they've been waaaay to expensive
Of course they're overpriced... But that doesn't seem to stop us Nodame otaku... :mrgreen:

aghrakashi

Post by aghrakashi » May 13th, '08, 01:41

bmwracer wrote:
zeox wrote:aren't these sets overpriced as hell though? everywhere I've seen sets like this, they've been waaaay to expensive
Of course they're overpriced... But that doesn't seem to stop us Nodame otaku... :mrgreen:
True true... whats not eating a couple of fast food meals for awhile :lol LOL

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '08, 03:07

aghrakashi wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
True true... whats not eating a couple of fast food meals for awhile :lol LOL
I was thinking more like bread and water. :lol

Jaja

Post by Jaja » May 13th, '08, 03:43

You guys are funny. I hope they will make another SP. I love this drama and I'm currently reading the manga and downloading the anime version.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '08, 03:59

Jaja wrote:You guys are funny. I hope they will make another SP.
They will after Juri-chan drops a grand piano on Ryo's head in Last Friends. :mrgreen: :lol

rairai

Post by rairai » May 13th, '08, 05:19

bmwracer wrote:
Jaja wrote:You guys are funny. I hope they will make another SP.
They will after Juri-chan drops a grand piano on Ryo's head in Last Friends. :mrgreen: :lol
haha, nice one bmwracer. :mrgreen: