[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
nhk9

Post by nhk9 » May 10th, '07, 09:52

mizune wrote:^ if they're smart about it, they would capitalize on the time ueno juri was in france filming jodan ja nai... :whistling:
Jodan janai is filmed by tbs. nodame by fuji, so different companies we are talking about

If jodan janai can be filmed in europe, I don't see why they can't do so with nodame.

For one, nowadays they can get sponsors to fly them there. Secondly if they film in prague or any other eastern bloc countries it's not gonna be hard (nor expensive) to create an orchestra over there, like how they created the nodame orchestra.

But I don't see them doing the extra work just for a 20% rating though. They could hire any of the smap 5 and would still get higher ratings than that.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 10th, '07, 13:36

nhk9 wrote:They could hire any of the smap 5 and would still get higher ratings than that.
Bleah.

SMAP can take a leap off a cliff for all I care... And all of their fangirls as well.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » May 10th, '07, 14:11

i dunno if this has been asked and answered but does anyone know wat is the piano background song played in episode 3 when Sakura (kontrabass) enters the secret room that has the violin collection. and in which ost from Nodame it is. thank you.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 10th, '07, 15:33

So far i am up to chapter 2, i 'm enjoying it quite a lot. I don't like the soprano at all, with me coming from that musical background she seems so false, and forced...

musotaku

Post by musotaku » May 10th, '07, 16:22

Gummi Bear wrote: the Contrabass it looks like a Cello to me. Forgive me for my ignorance but whats the difference between the two???
The contrabass is much larger than a cello. Beyond that obvious difference, the contrabass has a different tuning system than the other stringed instruments. (It is usually tuned in fourths, like a bass guitar. The other stringed instruments are tuned in fifths.)

The contrabass is played either standing or sitting on a tall stool. The cello is played seated in a chair. (Ever see Woody Allen Take the Money and Run with the marching cello?)

Other subtle differences: The back of the contrabass slopes inward at the top, whereas a cello does not. Finally, notice carefully the shape of the body where it connects to the fingerboard. A contrabass slopes upwards into it, whereas the cello curves around and comes straight into it.

FWIW: The contrabass is the last member of the viol family commonly in use in contemporary orchestras, whereas the cello, viola, and violin are all members of the violin family. This accounts for the differences in shape and tuning.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » May 10th, '07, 17:18

Ginoru wrote:So far i am up to chapter 2, i 'm enjoying it quite a lot. I don't like the soprano at all, with me coming from that musical background she seems so false, and forced...

Oh yeah....

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 10th, '07, 19:37

Ginoru wrote:So far i am up to chapter 2, i 'm enjoying it quite a lot. I don't like the soprano at all, with me coming from that musical background she seems so false, and forced...
Maybe that's why something happens to her later. :)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 10th, '07, 22:56

Good. As long she doesn't sing again it's ok! LOL. I can't help it i am a soprano too and i can't stand my voice, lol.

roswellmd77

There will be a live action season 2

Post by roswellmd77 » May 11th, '07, 03:50

On the dvd i brought it said in eng subs - see you in season 2 of Nodame Cantabile . So there must be one,

bmwracer

Re: There will be a live action season 2

Post by bmwracer » May 11th, '07, 04:39

roswellmd77 wrote:On the dvd i brought it said in eng subs - see you in season 2 of Nodame Cantabile . So there must be one,
Don't believe everything you read.

The official DVD for Nodame hasn't been released yet: May 25... Which happens to be Ueno Juri's birthday... :)

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » May 12th, '07, 03:11

O.O official DVD?! is there any difference between the official one and the one on the market already? cuz i bought a set of the DVD for this already and its ok. it even has a little bit of behind the scenes.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 12th, '07, 05:40

j_halo7 wrote:O.O official DVD?! is there any difference between the official one and the one on the market already? cuz i bought a set of the DVD for this already and its ok. it even has a little bit of behind the scenes.
It's probably a bootleg copy of what's already available for BitTorrent download.

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » May 12th, '07, 08:41

The official DVD can be purchased on amazon.co.jp with a pre-order. They have a 5000yen discount now too, so don't miss out

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 12th, '07, 15:11

do you guys know any direct downloadsite for nodame cantabile??? thanks! looking forward to hear the orchestra ;)

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 13th, '07, 14:03

Is it as good as the anime?

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 13th, '07, 14:13

I watched the 1st ep of the anime and I didn't like it..I thought the 1st ep of the drama was much better :roll

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '07, 15:12

Rasckita wrote:Is it as good as the anime?
It's better.

MUCH better. :thumleft:

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 13th, '07, 21:01

Thank you very much for the subbing advise bmwracer!! So far i have managed to hardsub two episodes but i didn't need the Vobsub... hope it's all right.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » May 13th, '07, 21:26

bmwracer wrote:
It's better.

Or rather, the Live Action is good and fun to watch, while no matter how you look at it the anime is very, very bad. Honestly, it has more still-frame shots than most manga.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '07, 21:56

Ginoru wrote:Thank you very much for the subbing advise bmwracer!! So far i have managed to hardsub two episodes but i didn't need the Vobsub... hope it's all right.
Whatever works... :) :thumleft:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '07, 21:57

Mwulf wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
It's better.

Or rather, the Live Action is good and fun to watch, while no matter how you look at it the anime is very, very bad. Honestly, it has more still-frame shots than most manga.
Besides, the anime doesn't have Juri-chan... :wub:

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 18th, '07, 03:24

I am back! I am in episode 5 so far! I am really liking this series and even made a friend and my sister look too and they like it!
I was so happy when i heard one of my favourite pieces in episode 5!! I love "Tanhausser"!

I was wondering after reading the whole thread if there is a complete cast list somewhere?(no wiki addicts because it doesn't seem to work for me) Could someone help? I see so many known faces...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '07, 03:28

Ginoru wrote:I am back! I am in episode 5 so far! I am really liking this series and even made a friend and my sister look too and they like it!
I was so happy when i heard one of my favourite pieces in episode 5!! I love "Tanhausser"!

I was wondering after reading the whole thread if there is a complete cast list somewhere?(no wiki addicts because it doesn't seem to work for me) Could someone help? I see so many known faces...
Not sure how complete it is, but did you check good ol' regular Wikipedia?

It does list the drama, cast, and a synopsis. :)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 18th, '07, 10:26

Ginoru wrote:I am back! I am in episode 5 so far! I am really liking this series and even made a friend and my sister look too and they like it!

have you tried dramawiki?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '07, 13:30

biniBningPunkista wrote:

I think that's what she meant by Wiki Addicts...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 18th, '07, 15:01

bmwracer wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:

I think that's what she meant by Wiki Addicts...
umm.. no. i was really talking about drama wiki. you could type it in google or yahoo. its like an extension of wikipedia.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 19th, '07, 01:10

Yep, that's what i meant, sorry!! It does not work for me no matter what i try it seems i am doomed.
I have looked the cast list in normal wikipedia but it's not as complete as i'd like, just the main cast and some secondaries... a pity, i'd swear that i saw one of the twins in Hana Yori Dango...

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » May 19th, '07, 01:16

You did, she's one of the bitches at school, I noticed her too...

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 20th, '07, 01:30

chiakisama wrote:You did, she's one of the bitches at school, I noticed her too...
Ohh!! Good! She is not the only one Kyora and Mine's father i saw in "Meitantei Conan" dorama!!

By the way the most complete cast list i have found comes from a Spanish forum!

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 21st, '07, 02:56

bmwracer wrote:
It's better.

wow! then is much be great because the anime is already fun! :-)
I saw a preview of the dorama and i liked the actors that played chiaki, nodame and the violinist (i love that character, but i forgot his name)

talking about the anime, does anyone knows where to download or watch online the episodes from 18 till the end???

Crunchyroll only has till ep 18 uploaded! :-(

dj2nd

NODAME LESSON 0??

Post by dj2nd » May 22nd, '07, 12:20

Does anyone know about this NODAME LESSON 0?
My friend tell me about it, but i coun't find anything... She said its like the making of Nodame..

toyotaku

Re: NODAME LESSON 0??

Post by toyotaku » May 23rd, '07, 00:21

dj2nd wrote:Does anyone know about this NODAME LESSON 0?
My friend tell me about it, but i coun't find anything... She said its like the making of Nodame..
It's included with episode 1 in the raw file uploaded on the d-addicts tracker.
Nodame Cantabile ep01 & SP

puffypie

Post by puffypie » May 24th, '07, 10:05

Wow i have never known that there is the sp of this drama... First i didnt really fan of either juri or Tamaki but after watching this drama...i have to say that i am their number one fan.. They r just so cute together in the drama and the music in this drama is just so great..it makes me want to learn how to play piano though i am too old to play that right now...lol

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 24th, '07, 23:18

puffypie wrote:Wow i have never known that there is the sp of this drama... First i didnt really fan of either juri or Tamaki but after watching this drama...i have to say that i am their number one fan.. They r just so cute together in the drama and the music in this drama is just so great..it makes me want to learn how to play piano though i am too old to play that right now...lol
It's never late to learn something new!!

I am near the end of the series and i think i'm going to adopt Ookuchi, LOL

muhi

Post by muhi » Jun 2nd, '07, 11:27

after watched all episode of Nodame Cantabile

first it's make me love Classical Music usually when i heard Classical Music i will slept
and Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri so great played their piano and conductor
the best part on this drama are:
-when Chiaki and Nodame played piano together at the first time
-the first time Chiaki played as conductor with S-Orchestra
-when Chiaki play Rachmaninov with A-Orchestra
-when Chiaki and Nodame played together Rachmaninov
-Oni Chiaki ^_^
-Chiaki hug Nodame
and off course the last episode ^_^

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jun 7th, '07, 21:12

hi does anyone knows where i can download the soft subs (i know there's a thread on the subtitles thread but i heard that fansub dropped the project) or nodame cantabile hardsubbed?

EDIT

I just found my answer browsing the pages of this forum:
Luffa wrote:man I think I am becoming a regular visitor to this thread LOL

sure, why not ... I can help a jae fan in need xD muhahaha :wub:

If you go to Subtitle Index > Nodame Cantabile, the soft subs for episode 1-3 are there for download...what the heck, I will just give you the link to that page: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40432.htm

For the rest of the subs (including the smapxsmap special), you can find them in s-projects website: http://s-projects.org
You have to sign up there on the main page.

...and go here to access all the soft-subs: http://www.s-projects.org/index.php?cat ... ectionid=6

hope that helps :thumright:
thanks!!![/quote]

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 9th, '07, 04:15

Just got my Nodame box set delivered today... :cheers:

muhi

Post by muhi » Jun 9th, '07, 05:36

mukkyaaa i wanna that too!!!!!
especially piano book correct me if i'm wrong)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 9th, '07, 07:32

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jun 9th, '07, 12:11

OMG! It's sooooooooooo cute! me wanna too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I don't have any money.....wooaaaaaaaaaa... *cries*

Thanks for the pics yo! It makes me dream... about something I'll never have. LOL! XD XD XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '07, 05:22

Last edited by bmwracer on Jan 26th, '08, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

muhi

Post by muhi » Jun 15th, '07, 16:22

OMG!!!
i'm so jealous!!!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 16th, '07, 05:45

Last edited by bmwracer on Jan 26th, '08, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » Jun 18th, '07, 13:23

Nodame box is sooooo cute! But I don`t have money :cry:

I love Nodame Cantabile dorama and anime! But... Tamaki is... :thumright:

Does anyone know about NODAME LESSON 2?

I don't know nothing about it.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '07, 13:27

Naguoki wrote:Does anyone know about NODAME LESSON 2?

I don't know nothing about it.
What do you mean? :scratch:

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » Jun 18th, '07, 14:16

Sorry, I am spanish, and My english is... bad, very bad.

Mmm, I want know about Nodame Cantabile 2. A friend said to me that it was truth but...I don´t konw.

Have you understood me? :unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '07, 14:47

Naguoki wrote:Sorry, I am spanish, and My english is... bad, very bad.

Mmm, I want know about Nodame Cantabile 2. A friend said to me that it was truth but...I don´t konw.

Have you understood me? :unsure:
Oh, you mean a second season of Nodame... A lot of people think it's unlikely that there will be a second season, since the manga has Nodame and Chiaki in Europe. The cost to film an entire series in Europe would be too expensive...

muhi

Post by muhi » Jun 18th, '07, 16:31

Too bad i really hope they do the season 2
the Europe part was so interesting

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 23rd, '07, 06:36

Special disc cover: :)

maxinell

Post by maxinell » Jul 1st, '07, 03:58

hi guys!

just started watching nodame cantabile im at episode 6 and was ROTFLMAO!!!
this series is so hilarious and had the look and feel of an anime series (eyes white w/ shock).
it really will keep you rooted to your seat to watch for nodame's antics, shes so kawaii :D

Thanks for uploading and subbing this!

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jul 1st, '07, 04:02

heey~ there is a SP for nodame cantabile?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 1st, '07, 04:39

DramaholicxD wrote:heey~ there is a SP for nodame cantabile?
Nope.

canza

Post by canza » Jul 1st, '07, 18:16

Hi, umm....can anyone elp me find the title to this song?

It starts during episode 10, where the new concert master shows his skill with a piece of violin music. When he is done, Mine goes up to him and tells him to replace Kiyora. That's when the lovely music starts.....anyone know what it's called?

It's starts at 12:11

Thx~

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jul 9th, '07, 03:58

>.< i want to see a second season for nodame cantabile but the anime and manga didn't really had an ending o__0

-_____-....

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jul 10th, '07, 20:37

Hey! you guys! there's going to be a nodame special!! XD XD:
From Tokyo graph:
"Nodame Cantabile" drama returns for two nights in Paris
Tue, July 10, 2007 (4:17pm EDT)
The popular "Nodame Cantabile" drama series is returning to Fuji TV next January. A two-night special will kick off the new year, taking place in Paris after the timeline of the original series. Juri Ueno and Hiroshi Tamaki will reprise their roles as Nodame and Chiaki, respectively.

The special will also include new characters that do not appear in Tomoko Ninomiya's manga.

Filming will take place overseas for a period of about three weeks this fall.

It has also been announced that the Nodame Orchestra will hold Christmas concerts from December 18 to 28 at the Le Theatre Ginza.
Source: Sankei Sports

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 10th, '07, 23:42

princess_jime wrote:Hey! you guys! there's going to be a nodame special!! XD XD:
From Tokyo graph:
The popular "Nodame Cantabile" drama series is returning to Fuji TV next January. A two-night special will kick off the new year, taking place in Paris after the timeline of the original series. Juri Ueno and Hiroshi Tamaki will reprise their roles as Nodame and Chiaki, respectively.

The special will also include new characters that do not appear in Tomoko Ninomiya's manga.

It has also been announced that the Nodame Orchestra will hold Christmas concerts from December 18 to 28 at the Le Theatre Ginza.
Yatta!!!!!!

:thumright: :cheers:

mikelee

Post by mikelee » Jul 11th, '07, 01:31

princess_jime wrote:Hey! you guys! there's going to be a nodame special!! XD XD:
From Tokyo graph:

Such such great news! Nodame is back! :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 11th, '07, 01:40

Here's the Sanspo link (in Japanese): http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20070 ... 71101.html

Sugoi...!!!!!

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » Jul 11th, '07, 09:44

Guahhh! I 'm Happy!

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jul 11th, '07, 11:31

I just finished watching the dorama and I loved it too!

Went on a manga searching spree as well and found a group that has up to Volume 11 scanlated. I'll try to post a linky here as soon as clear up my multi tabs (I have like 20+ tabs open on a few firefox windows x.X).

bmwracer, if you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase your NC DVD box set and for how much? Does it come with English subtitles?

I can't wait till the SP comes out! But I can't help but feel a little sad that it's only going to be a SP and not a second season. Although I know it would have been very costly to film the continuation of the story (if it were to stay true to the manga), one can always dream right? =P That being said, I love the fact that there IS going to be a SP! Better than nothing at all! Gyabooooo!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 11th, '07, 12:22

^FuNKy^ wrote: I can't wait till the SP comes out! But I can't help but feel a little sad that it's only going to be a SP and not a second season. Although I know it would have been very costly to film the continuation of the story (if it were to stay true to the manga), one can always dream right? =P That being said, I love the fact that there IS going to be a SP! Better than nothing at all! Gyabooooo!
:salut: My thoughts too... same as with Kurosagi :| I would prefer a second season but better a sp then nothing :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 11th, '07, 13:36

^FuNKy^ wrote:bmwracer, if you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase your NC DVD box set and for how much? Does it come with English subtitles?!
Hi,

I bought my Nodame box set from Amazon Japan and it set me back $160USD (and that included shipping from Japan)... Pricey, yes, but I'm ga-ga about Nodame... :)

Like all officially released dramas from Japan, it has NO English subtitles, but I've watched the drama so many times, I pretty much have the dialog memorized anyways... :P

I don't usually like to promote knockoffs/bootlegs, but if you're looking for a lower cost alternative, I have seen a similar set available on eBay with Chinese subs... But it doesn't have English subs, either.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 11th, '07, 15:12

yay for the special, & it's in Paris !! France !! where I live XD kyaaaaa anyone pliz tell me dates they film there so I will take train to to go there to stalk Chiaki san muahahha

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jul 12th, '07, 00:27

bmwracer wrote:
^FuNKy^ wrote:bmwracer, if you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase your NC DVD box set and for how much? Does it come with English subtitles?!
Hi,

I bought my Nodame box set from Amazon Japan and it set me back $160USD (and that included shipping from Japan)... Pricey, yes, but I'm ga-ga about Nodame... :)

Like all officially released dramas from Japan, it has NO English subtitles, but I've watched the drama so many times, I pretty much have the dialog memorized anyways... :P

I don't usually like to promote knockoffs/bootlegs, but if you're looking for a lower cost alternative, I have seen a similar set available on eBay with Chinese subs... But it doesn't have English subs, either.
Hi again!

Thanks for that bit of information. I'm going to start saving some money to buy the official one from Japan too! Bootleg/knockoffs usually don't cut it for me (unless the official one hasn't come out yet and I'm desperate to watch it) =P

The stuff that the Nodame box-set comes with looks awesome! Is there a list somewhere of what items are included with this box-set that I can look at? Sorry for the trouble :wub:

Nomanymore - Hihi! I saw you posting in the HanaKimi thread too! Nice to bump into you again. Oh yes, if you find out where they're filiming, go and take a few photos with the cast and show it to us onegaishimasu =p but I highly doubt you'd be able to stalk Chiaki-san because he already has an eternal shadow/stalker i.e. Nodame-chan

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 12th, '07, 01:27

^FuNKy^ wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Hi,

Hi again!

Thanks for that bit of information. I'm going to start saving some money to buy the official one from Japan too! Bootleg/knockoffs usually don't cut it for me (unless the official one hasn't come out yet and I'm desperate to watch it) =P
Here's a pic:

The box set consists of:
1. Six DVDs (two episodes per disc) in a digipak
2. Special DVD disc with interviews, making of clips, and outtakes
3. Keyboard book with episode info and pics
4. Special gift box with Nodame cellphone charms and music/keyboard towel
5. Piano-shaped box with snap closure

I've read that this box set is in limited release and only so many are available... Not sure if this is true or not....

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jul 12th, '07, 08:36

bmwracer wrote: Here's a pic:

The box set consists of:

I've read that this box set is in limited release and only so many are available... Not sure if this is true or not....
Thanks again for taking time out to answer my question. I tried looking on amazon.co.jp for the Nodame box set but could only find this:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-langu ... ge=en%5FJP

I was wondering if this was the one you purchased or was it some other limited release one that isn't available now.

-----------------------------------

Oh and I found a site with a TV magazine cover featuring Ueno and Tamaki.

http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/ ... roshi.html

rikimaru1

Post by rikimaru1 » Jul 12th, '07, 09:33

canza wrote:Hi, umm....can anyone elp me find the title to this song?

It starts during episode 10, where the new concert master shows his skill with a piece of violin music. When he is done, Mine goes up to him and tells him to replace Kiyora. That's when the lovely music starts.....anyone know what it's called?

It's starts at 12:11

Thx~
@canza:
It's from Gustav Holst's "The Planets", specifically from movement 4, "Jupiter".

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 12th, '07, 13:37

^FuNKy^ wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Here's a pic:

The box set consists of:

Thanks again for taking time out to answer my question. I tried looking on amazon.co.jp for the Nodame box set but could only find this:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-langu ... ge=en%5FJP

I was wondering if this was the one you purchased or was it some other limited release one that isn't available now.
It appears to be the one I bought, but since I can't read Japanese, I'm not completely sure... I do know that they raised the price recently from 171000 yen to 191000 yen... :(
Oh and I found a site with a TV magazine cover featuring Ueno and Tamaki.

http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/ ... roshi.html
Ooh, thanks for the link... More pics to archive... :thumright:

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jul 12th, '07, 17:11

Hi! Bmwracer (ehehhe nice nick. I love motorsport eheheh) does the dvd box you bought comes with english subs??

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 12th, '07, 18:17

Rasckita wrote:Hi! Bmwracer (ehehhe nice nick. I love motorsport eheheh) does the dvd box you bought comes with english subs??
Nope.

But like I said before, I've watched the drama so many times, I have the English subs memorized... :-)

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jul 13th, '07, 02:45

ehehheh

I understand. Same happens to me when it comes to "Mars". I really plan on buying the DVD box even though it has no english subs because I love that serie!!! :wub:

As you're Nodame Cantabile fan... have you read the manga and/or the anime, is the drama to diferent from them?

Ahhh and do you know if the fansub responsible for nodame cantabile drama eng subs already made the final subs? 'cause last time i heard about it, they had only released the beta subs and were waiting the official dvd box to come out.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 13th, '07, 03:35

Rasckita wrote:As you're Nodame Cantabile fan... have you read the manga and/or the anime, is the drama to diferent from them?
I havent read the manga nor have I seen the anime version.

I can't imagine either being better than the live action. :)
Ahhh and do you know if the fansub responsible for nodame cantabile drama eng subs already made the final subs? 'cause last time i heard about it, they had only released the beta subs and were waiting the official dvd box to come out.
I've no idea.

Since I typically hardsub the dramas I watch so I can watch them on a regular TV, I usually take the English subs and edit them, since there's always grammatical and spelling errors.

I've pointed out that problem in other subtitle threads, but most people ignore my comments and just live with the bad subs... Oh well.

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jul 13th, '07, 04:32

Rasckita wrote:
As you're Nodame Cantabile fan... have you read the manga and/or the anime, is the drama to diferent from them?
I know the question was directed at bmwracer (and I'm a huge BMW fan - maybe not so much motorsports) but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

I haven't watched the anime but I've read about it and from what I've read so far, the live-action version beats the anime hands down.

I've read most of the available manga and the live action version actually does a superb job of following the manga (almost scene by scene till volume 9 with the exception of some differences in sequence/order of events and perhaps editing of the parts which aren't as important).

However, since I wanted to know what happened after the ending of the dorama, I had to look for the manga and now I love both! But the big PLUS about the dorama is of course having the classical music pieces playing in the foreground/background. It creates the mood/setting and leaves less to the imagination in that sense (especially for those who generally don't listen to classical music). And the dorama also has a great cast, the leads Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi + the rest of the supporting cast are brilliant!!! Which is probably why I'm willing to pay what bmwracer did for a DVD box set even though my understanding of Japanese is only at a 1st grade level.

bmwracer what programs do u use to hardsub your files?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 13th, '07, 05:30

^FuNKy^ wrote:bmwracer what programs do u use to hardsub your files?
I use VirtualDub in conjunction with VOBSub to create the hardsubbed AVI. Then I use TMPGEnc to transcode the AVI to MPEG2. Finally, I use TMPGEnc DVD Author to create a DVD Video-compliant disc, so that I can play it on my standalone DVD player.

It's a bit tedious, but being able to watch dramas on my big TV as opposed to my PC is worth the effort. :)

hobe

Post by hobe » Jul 13th, '07, 05:40

will there ever be hardsub on this drama. I only saw the first two episodes.