[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
koopisa

Post by koopisa » Dec 13th, '06, 09:41

Thank you "thtl" for Nodame Cantabile OST & Character selection.

Vibeke

Post by Vibeke » Dec 13th, '06, 19:09

Hi!
Thanks to this drama I finally decided to sign up on this forum :P
I just love this unusual relationship between Chiaki and Nodame :wub: It's just hilarious ^^

Anyway, I just saw ep 09, ciffhanger ~desu :cry:
Can anyone tell briefly what will happen to Nodame after this competition?
And also I have a big request: Does someone know where I can download Nodame Cantabile raw manga?? I searched for it for 2 whole hours, but I couldn't find it :cry:

All in all, nice to meet you all ^^

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 13th, '06, 20:38

Vibeke wrote: Anyway, I just saw ep 09, ciffhanger ~desu :cry:
Can anyone tell briefly what will happen to Nodame after this competition?
According to the manga:
Nodame lost and went home (her hometown, not the apartment). Chiaki came looking for her and met her family.
Of course the drama may change the original plot. Wait and see.

clauric

Post by clauric » Dec 14th, '06, 01:06

i really love this series..i love the nodame and chiaki coupling...i love the journey that they r both going through..it might not be the typical love story that we usually watch, but im very touched by the connection between them...i feel like they r indeed destined to be together..without one another, both would still be lost on what they really want to achieve...nodame helped chiaki to go to abroad, while chiaki is trying to bring out the music talent that nodame possess..im glad there is no annoying third party in this series..i mean we might have the exgf but im glad she's not there to ruin things for my fave couple...it seems like it's ending soon..im going to miss this series for sure...

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 14th, '06, 01:18

clauric wrote:..i mean we might have the exgf but im glad she's not there to ruin things for my fave couple...it seems like it's ending soon..im going to miss this series for sure...
Yea...Saiko [Hopefully I spelled it right] isn't really a scheming b*tch which is odd for me. It's like she's the opposite, she just kinda handed Chiaki over to Nodame and I get the feeling she might be helping their relationship a little bit too...anyways, I like that although I wish there was more jealousy on Chiaki part but it looks like Kuroki is going to back down soon since he's not the aggressive type anyways. I hope it will have a nice ending...I like the funny scenes where Chiaki hits Nodame and she goes "gyaboo" [that catch phrase might catch on really fast] but I really hope it does not end with something like Chiaki and Nodame walking off into the sunset and then Nodame says something funny about what their kids name should be [like Nodaki or something :lol :lol ] and then Chiaki hits her....that would suck for me :lol :lol

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 14th, '06, 06:22

OvertheRainbow wrote:It's like she's the opposite, she just kinda handed Chiaki over to Nodame and I get the feeling she might be helping their relationship a little bit too...
I wouldn't go so far but
In episode 6 during the 'S-Oke Dis-banding Feast' Saiko put her shawl on Nodame after their little encounter in the ladies' room.[/quote]
...it looks like Kuroki is going to back down soon...
In episode 9
Kuroki told Chiaki he's over Nodame, and something else...
I'll understand this scene better when the subs become available.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Dec 14th, '06, 13:29

Hai everybody, I was just wondering does Siantut has any intention to continue to hardsub this serie after what had happened to her? Thanks.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 14th, '06, 17:28

TIticamara wrote:Hai everybody, I was just wondering does Siantut has any intention to continue to hardsub this serie after what had happened to her? Thanks.
Why don't you go over to Her Website and ask her yourself? 'sinantut' has made it clear she won't be coming back to this forum.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 14th, '06, 18:09

thtl wrote:According to the manga:
Nodame lost and went home (her hometown, not the apartment). Chiaki came looking for her and met her family.
Of course the drama may change the original plot. Wait and see.
I thought they
tied for second place?

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 14th, '06, 23:32

auroragb wrote:I thought they
tied for second place?
I don't have the manga with me to check up so I may well be wrong. However I thought
No winner was named in the competition. Nodame got a scholarship to go the music school in Paris.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 15th, '06, 01:22

JDorama forum member 'Tu_triky' posted this article from Mainichi - Noda Megumi is a real person!! :O

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Dec 15th, '06, 13:37

thtl wrote:JDorama forum member 'Tu_triky' posted this article from Mainichi - Noda Megumi is a real person!! :O
Woo,,, thats interesting :blink
I wanna see the real noda megumi now.
Wonder what she'd look like.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 15th, '06, 20:53

I'm curious about the same thing, but I prefer not knowing because I think that the image that Ueno Juri portrayed is perfect.

chamcham

Post by chamcham » Dec 16th, '06, 02:10

Does anyone know what is the violin that Mine plays in the drama?
Since Yamaha, owns Japan, I'm guessing it's a Yamaha electric violin.
Either an SV or or EV.

Can anyone pinpoint the exact make and model that he's using?
I'd like to buy one :-)

Maybe you can tell by looking at it. I've tried, but I can't
seem to figure it out.

applebear

Post by applebear » Dec 16th, '06, 22:38

Vibeke wrote: And also I have a big request: Does someone know where I can download Nodame Cantabile raw manga?? I searched for it for 2 whole hours, but I couldn't find it :cry:
Most of the time, when the manga is available in English the raws are no longer available to download. Cause, generally, the people who have the raws available are working on translations. They tend to take them down.

iQuE

Post by iQuE » Dec 17th, '06, 13:49

anooo... where can I get the English softsubs for this? Can't seem to find them.. :sweat:

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 17th, '06, 14:08

iQuE wrote:anooo... where can I get the English softsubs for this? Can't seem to find them.. :sweat:
They are in the subber's website. You'll need to register in order to download files, including the subs.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Dec 17th, '06, 14:19

Question 1: If hypnosis didn't work for Chiaki-sama before, then what made Nodame so special that it worked when she did it?

Question 2: Being music-challenged myself, why is Nodame's performance in the second round a screw up compared to her practice?

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 17th, '06, 15:38

Kumaxell wrote:Question 1: If hypnosis didn't work for Chiaki-sama before, then what made Nodame so special that it worked when she did it?
It's only my interpretation of the author's intention so take it with a grain of salt.

According to the manga, and even mentioned in the drama, Chiaki was very resistant to hypnosis. What I think is that Chiaki was very relaxed with Nodame, making it possible for her to hypnotize him.
Question 2: Being music-challenged myself, why is Nodame's performance in the second round a screw up compared to her practice?
I'm not trained in music at all so, again, take this with a grain of salt.

The Chopin Etude was meant to be a demonstration of pure technique. However Nodame, because of her childhood experience, was putting too much emotions into the delivery. To those expecting to hear the etude as it was intended by Chopin, Nodame's performance was messy.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '06, 15:39

Kumaxell wrote:Question 1: If hypnosis didn't work for Chiaki-sama before, then what made Nodame so special that it worked when she did it?
There are a couple of ways to interpret that.
1. Hypnosis works on trust. Perhaps Chiaki was always so guarded against therapists that he resisted the hypnosis even tho he did want to get better. But with Nodame, he simply doesn't have his guard up, so it was easy.
2. (conspiracy theory) His former therapists has a child who is also into music, so he intentionally reinforced Chiaki's fear of flying so that there would be less competition for hist child
Kumaxell wrote:Question 2: Being music-challenged myself, why is Nodame's performance in the second round a screw up compared to her practice?
I'm also music challenged, I'm guessing that the music presented by Nodame is incorrect for the piece
edit: thtl beat me to it

glory

Post by glory » Dec 17th, '06, 16:26

I have to admit I love the drama because for me it does exactly what a drama (in my opinion) is supposed to do, it distracts me from my everyday life. I even like the exaggerated humor. But everytime chiaki hits nodame something inside me cringes.
I know it's also exaggerated because the drama is based on a manga. but still I don't like these parts.

iQuE

Post by iQuE » Dec 17th, '06, 19:18

thtl wrote:
iQuE wrote:anooo... where can I get the English softsubs for this? Can't seem to find them.. :sweat:
They are in the subber's website. You'll need to register in order to download files, including the subs.
Thanks! I found the correct address to be s-projects.org though ^^ but it helped anyway

alextsg

Post by alextsg » Dec 18th, '06, 00:58

Hi I have a quick question about episode 7. Since it might be spoiler-ish I'll put it in spoiler tags.
Does anybody know the name and composer of the piece that is being played when Nodame runs away from her new teacher as she's looking for Tanioka, the piece that Tanioka's new student was playing?
Thanks!

megwon

Post by megwon » Dec 18th, '06, 01:23

alextsg, the piano piece that youre referring to is Fantaisie Impromptu by Frederic Chopin. I'm not sure which key. But its an awesome piece. >>>

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 18th, '06, 02:24

megwon wrote:alextsg, the piano piece that youre referring to is Fantaisie Impromptu by Frederic Chopin. I'm not sure which key. But its an awesome piece. >>>
It was in C sharp minor, opus 66.

alextsg

Post by alextsg » Dec 18th, '06, 07:04

o wow...does anybody have an mp3 for that song?

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 18th, '06, 09:46

alextsg wrote:o wow...does anybody have an mp3 for that song?
Link to Chopin's Fantaisie Impromtu.

alextsg

Post by alextsg » Dec 18th, '06, 19:06

thanks!

ieca

Post by ieca » Dec 19th, '06, 13:38

someone please give me some direction.

where can i dwnload the raw files, cos i cant dwnload using torrent.

thanks in advance.

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Dec 19th, '06, 14:56

You can go to clubbox for raws.

One clubbox I know of is clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy
However, you need to have a clubbox account.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 20th, '06, 11:43

According to the official "Nodame Cantabile" website the final episode will be 15 minutes longer. Nodame's family will make an appearance and there is a hugging scene...

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 20th, '06, 12:38

uwowowo... that's gonna be great! I luv that moment on the manga, and I'd luv it more on the drama

packingcrates

Post by packingcrates » Dec 21st, '06, 00:41

applebear wrote:
Vibeke wrote: And also I have a big request: Does someone know where I can download Nodame Cantabile raw manga?? I searched for it for 2 whole hours, but I couldn't find it :cry:
Most of the time, when the manga is available in English the raws are no longer available to download. Cause, generally, the people who have the raws available are working on translations. They tend to take them down.
Yep, that's mostly the case. Summaries and scans do exist throughout the web though. If you look the right places you'll ge there. I've had some luck. Hopefully, I'll be able to get chapter 16 scans... I can't actually understand Japanese but there's always a helping hand out there hopefully. (I know... I said it twice.)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 21st, '06, 01:45

Anyone notice how young Nodame is the young Nobuta?

Now that I think of it, both names are No-(Japanese word to describe something bad)
What's next? Nobaka? Nodebu? :lol

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 21st, '06, 02:31

8thSin wrote:Anyone notice how young Nodame is the young Nobuta?

Now that I think of it, both names are No-(Japanese word to describe something bad)
As far as I know 'no' in Japanese means (among other things) 'wild' or 'wilderness' when used in conjunction with other words. On its own it means 'of'/'from'. 'dame', however, is a form of rejection in Japanese and can be loosely considered as 'bad'. 'Nobuta' is not a proper Japanese word. In the drama/manga Akira and Shunji gave Nobuko that name because she said something (I can't remember exactly) about pigs ('buta').

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 21st, '06, 08:01

packingcrates wrote:
applebear wrote:
Yep, that's mostly the case. Summaries and scans do exist throughout the web though. If you look the right places you'll ge there. I've had some luck. Hopefully, I'll be able to get chapter 16 scans... I can't actually understand Japanese but there's always a helping hand out there hopefully. (I know... I said it twice.)
It seems there is a raw scan for vol 1-14
http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 21st, '06, 16:16

thtl wrote:
8thSin wrote:Anyone notice how young Nodame is the young Nobuta?

As far as I know 'no' in Japanese means (among other things) 'wild' or 'wilderness' when used in conjunction with other words. On its own it means 'of'/'from'. 'dame', however, is a form of rejection in Japanese and can be loosely considered as 'bad'. 'Nobuta' is not a proper Japanese word. In the drama/manga Akira and Shunji gave Nobuko that name because she said something (I can't remember exactly) about pigs ('buta').
I know they are just nicknames... I speak Japanese. 'Dame' means failure and 'Buta' means pig or lazy, and they both got those nicks because they were similar to their real names...

Just saying it's weird coincidence is all :lol

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Dec 21st, '06, 17:28

So .. the next will be Doraemon live action with Nobita and Giant as well :D (they'll cast Goro as Nobita and Takuya as Giant for sure :P ...)

Ah ... btw. I found this guy in akihabara@deep and at that time I thought he's the young version of an actor I know ... just take a look
[img]http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/2908 ... zn8.th.png[/img]

and this also :
[img]http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/3900 ... it5.th.png[/img]

Yeah ... he could be Tamaki- san no Otoutou ...don't you think so?
His name is Ikuta Toma, we'll see him next year in Hana Yori Dango 2 as Junpei - Tsukushi's boyfriend(?)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 21st, '06, 21:09

KaDeBee wrote:So .. the next will be Doraemon live action with Nobita and Giant as well :D (they'll cast Goro as Nobita and Takuya as Giant for sure :P ...)
LOL! That sounds like a SMAPxSMAP skit. But don't you think Katori is better Giant? :lol

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Dec 21st, '06, 21:30

he ... he .. he.. Shingo is too gentle ... too "NinxNin" to be Giant ... :roll ... but I've read somewhere that Takuya is more like "Giant" to one of Smap members :scratch: ... ah I remember :w00t: Shingo said that Takuya always forgot to give Shingo back the mangas he had borrowed from Shingo ... and he acted like Giant ... or something like that ... well I'm not 'smappie' enough to know the detail ....
....ooops this is Nodame thread ... sory to be off topic ... :whistling:

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 23rd, '06, 18:40

hey does anyone know if there is an extra nodame cantabile album? it might be me, but it seems that the first album i had (2 cds) seem to only feaature tracks for the first part of the series...it doesn't seem to have the songs in episode 10 in it...can anyone confirm?

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 24th, '06, 00:02

avexdevil wrote:hey does anyone know if there is an extra nodame cantabile album? it might be me, but it seems that the first album i had (2 cds) seem to only feaature tracks for the first part of the series...it doesn't seem to have the songs in episode 10 in it...can anyone confirm?
There are also the following:
- OST (music composed or adapted by Hattori Takayuki)
- Character Selection (3 of them: Nodame, Chiaki, Milch and Others)
- Best 100 (set of 8 CDs)

All classical pieces featured can be found in 'Best 100'. Some of time can be found in the 'Character Selection' CDs.

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Dec 24th, '06, 00:11

kewl how this show is making classical music fans outta us. some of those pieces are just too beautiful yeah?

fijiwater

Post by fijiwater » Dec 24th, '06, 03:38

best jdrama ever :)

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 24th, '06, 09:07

i watched tatta and this ...personally i prefer more 'serious' dramas...but for a fungoing drama with funny special sfx, nodame gets my vote...i saw gal circle too...and boy that was frkn horrible...lucky toda erika was in it ... or else it did be unbearable...

ieca

Post by ieca » Dec 26th, '06, 11:05

blinkiz wrote:You can go to clubbox for raws.

One clubbox I know of is clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy
However, you need to have a clubbox account.
thank you but i cant dl from clubbox either. is there any other links?

sorry for bothering.

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Dec 26th, '06, 14:53

i've seen five episodes and I just love it.
Chiaki is so serious and Nodame is just too funny, I love her apartement.
:D

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 26th, '06, 15:28

Aah, anyone, is anyone getting a weird file type of nodame cantabile episode 10 ? It's not divx

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 27th, '06, 03:43

I just saw the finale, and it was pretty good :thumleft:
I know this is part of every single school drama, but I DIDN'T like so many elaborate last word goodbyes from everyone, and so many flashbacks with every single character... Truely memorable dorama does not need that many flashbacks, greatest moments are something you just remember.
But I loved the ending. "Last performance in Japan is the start of something new" was a great way to end this series (and maybe connect to a sequel :whistling: )
I've always hated 'based on manga' dramas, but this is the first series that I can say I really enjoyed. It was incredibly funny, but not only that, there were also many really great scenes. Gokusen 2's ending was really touching too, but every other scenes stank of cheesiness. Nodame on the other hand, with all the CG felt like watching anime, and wasn't nearly as cheesy. I think they really showed the 'power of love for music' very well too. That's the most important thing in music, and the producers of Nodame did a great job showing that :D

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Dec 28th, '06, 11:02

I can read Chinese thus I downloaded and watched Episodes 1-10, it is one of the best, not just because of the story line but also because of classical music theme! I absolutely LOVE this show!! It is a must watch for this season! It is (I would say, don't slap me for it) better than Hana Yori Dango!

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 29th, '06, 17:44

8thSin wrote:I just saw the finale, and it was pretty good :thumleft:
I know this is part of every single school drama, but I DIDN'T like so many elaborate last word goodbyes from everyone, and so many flashbacks with every single character... Truely memorable dorama does not need that many flashbacks, greatest moments are something you just remember.
But I loved the ending. "Last performance in Japan is the start of something new" was a great way to end this series (and maybe connect to a sequel :whistling: )
Exactly what I thought!
That part where the camera zoomed in and focused on every single main characters as they said their speech was incredibly "lame". From what I remember though, I see that kind of scenes in numerous Japanese dramas I had watched so maybe it's just a Japanese thing :scratch: ?
Apart from that, everything else was good in the final episode. The drama as a whole is solid and the story remains consistently interesting and entertaining throughout. Nodame Cantabile is definitely one of the better manga-turned-live actions I have seen and I give props to the whole drama crew for that. As much as I love this drama, I still don't think it lives up to become my top favorites though, there's just something missing that gives the drama the classic title, I guess the story as a whole is kind of simplistic. But no matter what, Nodame Cantabile is still a very lovely drama, there's no denying that. I hope the producers will make a SP or a 2nd season. I miss the wole Nodame cast already :-( .

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 30th, '06, 04:12

I am just wondering, what if Maki Horikita casted Nodame instead Ueno Juri?

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 30th, '06, 08:41

getsuga wrote:I am just wondering, what if Maki Horikita casted Nodame instead Ueno Juri?
I personally thinks it would be a bad choice. Don't get me wrong, I love her in Nobuta and all, but for this drama, it wouldn't be as good as Juri.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 30th, '06, 09:30

Please elaborate why do you think it is a bad choice.

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 30th, '06, 12:17

getsuga wrote:Please elaborate why do you think it is a bad choice.
I would love to but maybe some Maki's die hard will think it as a flame. So I spoiler-tagged it.
I think why Nobuta was a success was because Maki's "plainness" in his facial expression. And that very drama needed just that. Then came Kurosagi and I personally thinks the plainness just got in the way and Yui Ichikawa shined more in the drama. As for the newly-end Fall season, Maki's drama Teppan Shoujo Akane was a big flop. I think it's mainly because of the boring storyline, but Maki certainly didn't help with the "Ehhhhh!" expression. Considering both Nodame and Teppan Shoujo Akane are manga-turned-live-action drama, I certainly can say Juri was more comical than Maki. Maki just didn't have that flair to be comical. Maybe not just yet.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 30th, '06, 12:38

Hmmm
I guess her downfall in Teppan Shoujo Akane! does somehow show that she is not comical. However, it is also true that Teppan Shoujo Akane! is not well-scripted.
Therefore, I would still love to see Maki casted Nodame. :)

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 30th, '06, 12:40

getsuga wrote:Hmmm
I guess her downfall in Teppan Shoujo Akane! does somehow show that she is not comical. However, it is also true that Teppan Shoujo Akane! is not well-scripted.
Therefore, I would still love to see Maki casted Nodame. :)
Love and suitable are 2 different things. That's why we have fans and critics. :D

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 30th, '06, 12:56

Put Maki aside, how about Aragaki Yui?

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 30th, '06, 13:01

getsuga wrote:Put Maki aside, how about Aragaki Yui?
To tell you frankly, since I watched Engine and Swing Girls back then, I always thought Juri was the best choice. Then I started reading the manga a bit, and it felt just right.

As for Aragaki Yui, I've only seen her in My Boss My Hero (Okay, maybe Gal Circle but her part isn't that big) so I don't how to judge her. If I'm given a choice, I think Satomi Ishihara would do the trick. Remember H2 and her clumsiness? Maybe she can act as the messy Nodame.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 30th, '06, 13:05

Sorry, but I have not watched H2 yet. Moreover, here in Australia download quota is strictly limited to only 60 GB for $70 (OptusNet Power Plan), so I can not download to my heart's content. :p

NB: I want to download at least 200 GB a month. Heavy leecher.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 30th, '06, 18:30

Horikita is way too dark for that role :lol

I thought Ueno Juri was perfect for Nodame, I can't think of anyone better right now.

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 30th, '06, 20:42

I agree. She was damn funny in this one. Maybe this is THE drama for Ueno Juri.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 31st, '06, 02:48

expanzee wrote:I agree. She was damn funny in this one. Maybe this is THE drama for Ueno Juri.
I wouldn't go that far, as it is the first time Ms. Ueno took the title role (apart from the 1-episode drama "Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi"). It does seem that her spontaneity makes her particularly suited to musical roles, a bit like like Sawajiri Erika whose forte is in dying of terminal sicknesses.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 31st, '06, 06:12

thtl wrote:
expanzee wrote:I agree. She was damn funny in this one. Maybe this is THE drama for Ueno Juri.
I wouldn't go that far, as it is the first time Ms. Ueno took the title role (apart from the 1-episode drama "Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi"). It does seem that her spontaneity makes her particularly suited to musical roles, a bit like like Sawajiri Erika whose forte is in dying of terminal sicknesses.
Really? From what I've seen in Orange Days and ENGINE, I had impression that her character has been a quiet, traditional girl. I guess she does everything? :lol

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 31st, '06, 10:01

8thSin wrote:Really? From what I've seen in Orange Days and ENGINE, I had impression that her character has been a quiet, traditional girl. I guess she does everything? :lol
Ms. Ueno is very versatile - from deliciously comical (Nodame) to frightfully uncaring (Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi). She was a convincing high school student (Swing Girls), a modern and carefree teenager (Bokutachi no Sensou), an over common housewife (Kame wo Ogai to Hayaku Oyogu), and a passionate artisan (Rainbow Song).

The thing about Ms. Ueno that I loved most was her ability to change her personality (n a role) yet maintaining a very consistent look.

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 31st, '06, 10:24

I don't know what a title role means, but I've seen her quite a lot before Nodame and she plays various character. That's why I said Nodame is THE drama for Ueno Juri, like maybe Beach Boys for Takashi Sorimachi.

thtl

Post by thtl » Dec 31st, '06, 13:58

expanzee wrote:I don't know what a title role means, but I've seen her quite a lot before Nodame and she plays various character. That's why I said Nodame is THE drama for Ueno Juri, like maybe Beach Boys for Takashi Sorimachi.
'Title role' means the artiste in question takes the lead role, and usually is the first name the comes off the rolling credits (at the end of the drama). Ms. Ueno's first took title role in "Swing Girls", and the first drama in which she took title role was episode 4 of "Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi".

I thought it is too early to decide on THE drama for Ms. Ueno because she is likely to star in many more dramas to come.

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Dec 31st, '06, 15:01

I see ... In that way (She's gonna take many more title role I mean) I agree with you.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Dec 31st, '06, 23:07

thtl wrote: I thought it is too early to decide on THE drama for Ms. Ueno because she is likely to star in many more dramas to come.
I'm inclined to believe that NC is the drama for Juri. I understand that she has a lot of room for growth and she still has a long way to go but it's just this feeling that I have. Comedy is harder to play than dramatic roles. For NC, she has the comedic air about her and most importantly the facial expressions and the way she carries herself as Nodame. I couldn't help myself many times watching her expressions at certain scenes and said that was right on. (Same can be said about Tamaki, Eita and the guy who play Masumi.) I don't think any other actress can play Nodame better than Juri. I don't even hesitate to say that it's a role that Juri was born to play (just like how I think certain artists were born to play a certain roles). By that I mean their portrayal in term of acting ability and look (which is a very important factor) were so fitting that the impressions imprinted so deep that inclination is inevitable. It's the same feeling I have when I think of HK's Idy Chan Yuk Lin for Dragon Lady.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 1st, '07, 04:02

I can't think of any sub-25 actress that can play Nodame like Juri can. She can really play a role, whereas most actresses sub-25 can only play themselves and change the role to fit their style. Aya Ueto plays the same role over and over. Maki is still too stiff. Aragaki Yui is too cute.

Daish

Post by Daish » Jan 1st, '07, 12:39

I totally agree, I don't think many actress could have pulled it off like ueno did.

I never thought about it but as someone previously pointed out, maki's character in nobuta really did needed that plainess and lack of expression at times. Though she did perform certain joyus occasions really well. As I haven't seen her attempt any overly expressive comedic roles like NC, I guess I should reserve my judgement.

As to comparing the lack of popularity of dramas i'd say the other substances of drama plays too big of a role to draw any conclusions on the actor/actersses skills based soly on difference of popularity. Though clearly I enjoyed NC so much more than teppan, i also realize ueno (MOST LIKELY) isn't as spontaneous and wacky as Nodame IRL.

As much as i'm an aragaki fanboy (you're just going to have to trust me on this) I think she has yet to convince me that she is a very good actress. Yes she did fine in MBMH, but like other dramas i've seen her in (shibuya, gal cir, love letter, dragon sakura, true love) her role wasn't really demanding and yet she looked stiff at times or even ackward :scratch: maybe its just me.

BigBadBootyDaddy

Song?!

Post by BigBadBootyDaddy » Jan 2nd, '07, 18:51

Sorry, but its been killing me, and after 9 hours of trying to find the song i failed badly, but in the finale episode (and other episodes too) at 44 minutes and 27 seconds, what is the name of that song?!?! It reminds me of the Braveheart theme, but i still cant get the name nor the composer. If anyone knows please help me, i wont be able to go to sleep until i get that song =(

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Song?!

Post by 8thSin » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:13

BigBadBootyDaddy wrote:Sorry, but its been killing me, and after 9 hours of trying to find the song i failed badly, but in the finale episode (and other episodes too) at 44 minutes and 27 seconds, what is the name of that song?!?! It reminds me of the Braveheart theme, but i still cant get the name nor the composer. If anyone knows please help me, i wont be able to go to sleep until i get that song =(
ROFL!!! Why did you spend 9hrs searching other places? XD
Always ask in D-A first :P

It's some custom orchestra instrument version (I don't believe it's released) of 「Jupiter」 by Hirahara Ayaka.
PV @ Youtube

This song was really big in 2004, but I think I deleted the MP3 on my computer...

penGy

Post by penGy » Jan 2nd, '07, 22:52

Ooh. Speaking of searching for songs, can anybody help me with the song that the guy before Mine plays in the violin repeat-exam in episode 2?

BigBadBootyDaddy

Re: Song?!

Post by BigBadBootyDaddy » Jan 3rd, '07, 02:39

8thSin wrote:
BigBadBootyDaddy wrote:Sorry, but its been killing me, and after 9 hours of trying to find the song i failed badly, but in the finale episode (and other episodes too) at 44 minutes and 27 seconds, what is the name of that song?!?! It reminds me of the Braveheart theme, but i still cant get the name nor the composer. If anyone knows please help me, i wont be able to go to sleep until i get that song =(
ROFL!!! Why did you spend 9hrs searching other places? XD
Always ask in D-A first :P

It's some custom orchestra instrument version (I don't believe it's released) of 「Jupiter」 by Hirahara Ayaka.
PV @ Youtube

This song was really big in 2004, but I think I deleted the MP3 on my computer...
OMGWTF 8THSIN FTW!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!

JUPITER!!! actually that version is done by The London Philharmonic Orchestra. The original version of that song was composed by Gustav Holst. He composed that piece in 1915 - 1917 after he spent a night in the mountains looking up at the stars. It is actually part of a 7 movement piece with all of the planets (except for Earth and Pluto because he was on Earth therefore could not see it as a star, and Pluto was too far).

Sorry for my Nodame moment right there, but I know that because I played 3 of the 7 pieces in High School in my own A-Oke =P wow, i am soo losing cool points for forgetting that one. Thanks again 8th, i definitely owe you one =)