[Discussion] Stand Up!! ?? :(

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Neji-sama

[Discussion] Stand Up!! ?? :(

Post by Neji-sama » Dec 15th, '06, 21:43

I didn't see any Stand Up!! discussion threads so I guess i'll make this one the Discussion thread for Stand Up!!.
Last edited by Neji-sama on Mar 19th, '07, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Le_Muse
Location: California (because we practically are our own country^^)

Post by Le_Muse » Dec 15th, '06, 21:54

I wish!! Nya only went up to Episode 5 and it is killing me. It has been like that for a year now and it is not fair. :cry: I wish someone would step up to the bat and sub the rest. I would if I could.

Gilraen

Post by Gilraen » Dec 15th, '06, 22:31

That would really be great... I think a lot of people are waiting for the subs but I suppose most fansub groups are busy with newer releases... :(

miszjli

Post by miszjli » Dec 15th, '06, 22:38

I thought it was already fully subbed by jtv ?

emrams

Post by emrams » Dec 15th, '06, 23:12

Both teams are subbing it and it hasn't been like a year since the last one came out. Ep 5 came out in July it hasn't been a year, and Jtv just started it a couple of months ago. Like seriously guys, they haven't said they are dropping it. Nya has a few releases that they are working on and they are trying to get lots of them done by the end of the year. I actually don't think either team are even working on new dramas at the moment. They are trying to get them done, so have some patience. If either drop it they will let us know. check their websites or their wiki to find out their updates. It's not the only show they are working on at the moment so have some patience.

kukuri
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kukuri » Dec 16th, '06, 01:15

Le_Muse wrote:I wish!! Nya only went up to Episode 5 and it is killing me. It has been like that for a year now and it is not fair. :cry: I wish someone would step up to the bat and sub the rest. I would if I could.
When you know where you'll be buried at, do tell us. We'll send some flowers. :pray:

Life is never fair.

EMTQueen

Post by EMTQueen » Dec 16th, '06, 06:01

Nya is the only group fansubbing Stand Up right now. I've read their message on the forum and their reasoning is that they've picked up many projects because they want to be the ones to fansub them, but in doing so, they're shooting themselves in the foot. Too many projects have slowed them down and if they do take too long, eventually another group may take the projects they've let stalled. Stand Up is probably the most popular drama they're working on so focus should be on that one, but the status on that is a temporary hiatus.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for raising the slightest criticism (I'm surprised nobody has already jumped on the OP for her post as has been the example in the past), but while I'm quite appreciative of the various fansubbing groups for subbing my favorite dramas and taking the extra effort in making it all pretty, they do essentially make a promise to drama fans when they pick up a series. Yes, I'm aware they do have lives, real life sucks, **** happens, they don't get paid to do this, etc. But they did volunteer their time to do this.

I'm more than willing to be patient because I barely even have had the time to watch any dramas, but when the last release was five months ago, human nature does dictate that people are going to start getting a little impatient because they have been waiting. Consideration for both sides is needed here.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Dec 16th, '06, 06:12

for french addicts, it's sub in french here to ep 7:

http://drama-jinso.over-blog.com/
Last edited by gibonite on Dec 16th, '06, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '06, 06:56

EMTQueen wrote:I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for raising the slightest criticism (I'm surprised nobody has already jumped on the OP for her post as has been the example in the past), but while I'm quite appreciative of the various fansubbing groups for subbing my favorite dramas and taking the extra effort in making it all pretty, they do essentially make a promise to drama fans when they pick up a series. Yes, I'm aware they do have lives, real life sucks, **** happens, they don't get paid to do this, etc. But they did volunteer their time to do this.
Myself, I like to think (hope?) that ppl can discuss these sorts of issues without an argument ensuing, but then again... :fear:

In any case, I think the fundamental problem is that people believe that once a project is started it will be completed -- as if some sort of contract has been signed, and the fansubber is somehow cheating the viewer of something they are owed for delaying or even dropping a project.

I don't agree with that mentality.

In essence when somebody says they will sub something, it is NOT a promise that they will finish it. Fans should see it as a promise that the group or person will do the best they can to make the drama more accessible to the general public - typos, occasional missing lines, slow release and all. There is no contract and no promises. Only good, free will.

I have to admit that it would be nice if more fansub groups cooperate with each other on projects (especially on those that have stalled), but I understand that everybody/group has their own reasons for doing this work, and I can respect whatever reasons they may have. After all, it takes a lot of motivation to do this....
Consideration for both sides is needed here.
Exactly... But please keep in mind that I don't think subbers ever have it in their mind to drop or delay projects. And also, patience really is a virtue here... :)

As long as a group is continuing to keep people updated on the progress of their projects, I think we owe them a bit of patience. Support and encouragement never hurts either.

emrams

Post by emrams » Dec 16th, '06, 17:38

I agree on these misconceptions that people have about recieving fansubs from groups, that there is an obligation to get it out there like it is their job, but it is just not so. And Nya has mentioned many times that they are going to get their projects done. There is no set time for subbers to get their work out for people, and I find that a lot of groups that do have to drop a project feel really bad about it and they do it because they are really unable to finish it for lack of time or resources. Leechers who are over exagerating the situation and not checking the groups website or other threads for progress reports is what makes me really mad. Nya is releasing a bunch of good shows right now, and I like the people in every single one of them. Though stand up is in high demand and has actors that I, and many other people, love are in it doesn't mean that it is the most important show or the most popular and that they should be focusing on it before the others.

And what other groups are taking their projects? This is not the case. There have been 2 groups working on it since the beginning, originally as a joint project: Jtv and Nya. They decided to go their own ways and both release it seperatly. It is very clear on Jtv's website they are wroking on it too. But they have many projects as well. Both groups are really awesome. I love all the things they release. Sometimes there are gaps between distribution of releases, but who are we to tell them to hurry up, or to tell them they have an obligation to get them out there. We have no right to do such. The point is EMT Queen that they did volunteer their time to do this. The key word being volunteer, this isn't community service or anything so they aren't required or expected to release every week, every month at the same time. So what if they are on what you call a "temporary hiatus," when they express that they haven't dropped it and are working on it then who cares. At least we are going to get them eventually which I think is lucky.

And I think they are being quite considerate towards us since they are even doing it at all, of which they have no obligation to do for us. I think we are pretty lucky.

Keymaker

Post by Keymaker » Dec 16th, '06, 19:14

A year since the last update on subs? Heh, a year of study in Japanese would have come a long way towards not needing subs maybe?

Anyway, I myself don't plan on seeing this particular series in the immediate future since I have other series I already planned to see, but I did have a question just out of curiousity. When the new fansub group picked up the subtitling duties of this series, are they doing it from where the last fansub group left off or are they starting from scratch?

emrams

Post by emrams » Dec 16th, '06, 22:39

When the new fansub group picked up the subtitling duties of this series, are they doing it from where the last fansub group left off or are they starting from scratch?
Both decided to do it at the same time because they were originally going to do it together, and are now doing their own work on it at their own pace with their own translators. They are not taking over the project in any way from the first group to release it, they are doing their seperate work on it and both teams started from the beginning... They are each going to release the full subs for it from their repective fansubbing groups.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 6th, '07, 17:37

emrams wrote:
When the new fansub group picked up the subtitling duties of this series, are they doing it from where the last fansub group left off or are they starting from scratch?
Both decided to do it at the same time because they were originally going to do it together, and are now doing their own work on it at their own pace with their own translators. They are not taking over the project in any way from the first group to release it, they are doing their seperate work on it and both teams started from the beginning... They are each going to release the full subs for it from their repective fansubbing groups.
Hmm ty for the info.

I really have to start paying attention to the fansubbers websites alot more :)

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Mar 6th, '07, 18:09

Nya is still doing it they say but theyre currently doing other dramas. :wub:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 7th, '07, 05:00

I am a little dissapointed that they haven't finished subbing it too, but since it is on their free time we have to be grateful for what they can do. I honestly appreciate it but I too wish that someone else would come along and sub the final episodes as well.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 19th, '07, 20:33

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:I am a little dissapointed that they haven't finished subbing it too, but since it is on their free time we have to be grateful for what they can do. I honestly appreciate it but I too wish that someone else would come along and sub the final episodes as well.
Aye agreed.

Been +6 months now since latest release?

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:43

for everyone "desperate" to watch all of it, the whole series is english subbed right here..

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 21:20

Shouldn't there be 2 more epis there? I only see 7.

Anyway, although fansubbing is a free and incredibly cool service (bows to all fansubbers) the groups have to prioritize by popularity/demand. If they don't people to go elsewhere for the service making all their hardwork pointless. I assume they are doing this and that's likely how Stand Up!! got put on the backburner. It may not be as popular as we think (although personally it is my current #2 fav dorama). I so wish I could understand and translate Japanese!
Last edited by tanuki-san on Mar 19th, '07, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 21:26

if you read what's in the post of those torrents, you'll understand that it's all episodes compromised into 7 files!
English and chinese hard subs (not 'engrish')
Disc 1 of 7

(this is the usual chinese vcd drama format, where they compress more than one episode to fit in one disc, that's why I put disc 1 instead of ep 1)

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 21:30

D'oh! :whistling:

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 21:33

glad to be of help

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 19th, '07, 23:15

Mitani wrote:for everyone "desperate" to watch all of it, the whole series is english subbed right here..
asdfdsaf!! tyyyy!!!!!

btw. I read that the subs aren't any good, have you watched the VCD ones? If so, how are the english subs?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Mar 19th, '07, 23:34

gibonite, thank you for the link to the French site! :-) I love watching doramas subbed in French :wub:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 20th, '07, 06:33

Mitani wrote:for everyone "desperate" to watch all of it, the whole series is english subbed right here..
Thank you for the link. I saw that listing before but I also hesitated downloading because people said the subs took up half of the screen! :lol I may have to just go for them because I would like to finish the series!

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 20th, '07, 06:48

the subs are really really big and most is kinda engrish, but it's understandable!
I watched those subs to see the whole series and then I deleted them and slowly save the Nya subs to my HDD as they are released!

if I want to see a series really badly, I have no problem with having bad subs, even tho I can't understand japanese either..

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:00

The subs aren't really that bad actually. I suggest everyone to download them, it'll take atleast 1 year till the rest has been subbed.

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:20

jtv is also subbing it now. Maybe they'll be faster. I hope...

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:35

daisukides wrote:jtv is also subbing it now. Maybe they'll be faster. I hope...
W00t :O. Do you know what ep they are on??

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:43

I don't think they released any yet. I was looking around for some hint of when the first ep will be out, but I could'nt find any :(

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:50

ummm... just a suggestion.

if you are going to put up a thread of a drama and some stuff..
can you put an introduction about it?
its for people, like me, who doesn't have any idea about the drama.
its kind of a sell out for those who are looking for a great drama to watch... peace out! ;)

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 23rd, '07, 17:14

biniBningPunkista wrote:ummm... just a suggestion.

if you are going to put up a thread of a drama and some stuff..
can you put an introduction about it?
its for people, like me, who doesn't have any idea about the drama.
its kind of a sell out for those who are looking for a great drama to watch... peace out! ;)
u can find it here
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Stand_Up :-)

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:46

daisukides wrote:I don't think they released any yet. I was looking around for some hint of when the first ep will be out, but I could'nt find any :(
aww... oh well! i'll just rewatch the show once they release eps =)

Aislinn_S

Post by Aislinn_S » May 9th, '07, 03:44

crunchyroll.com has the finished and subbed episodes. it's not superb quality but it's there.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=756

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » May 9th, '07, 15:36

Eh... who subbed the crunchy roll one?

Aislinn_S

Post by Aislinn_S » May 9th, '07, 17:49

just a crunchyroll member. they subbed from chinese subtitles to english.

lailoken

Post by lailoken » May 9th, '07, 22:17

They're pretty horrible translations too lol.. But what can you do.... The Chinese ones were already off and then the English ones were even more lol..

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » May 10th, '07, 16:00

The Chinese subs are off too? geez... i was tinking of downloading the chinese version somewhere..... if i find it.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jul 7th, '07, 07:13

Any more updates on this from NYA or has she just given up on it?

I am a very patient person but I really liked the way that she subbed the series and I did not want to watch the rest without the subs.

I know that it is someone taking their precious and valuable time to do these, and they are not being compensated, but I wish that it would be finished. I know that some of the dramas can become boring and they lose interest but I feel that it is only fair to finish what is started... :-(

If it is not going to be completed by her can someone else jump on it and finish subbing it???

And the Chinese/English ones are HORRIBLE! I refuse to try to watch them. This experience taught me to be very cautious about downloading series until they are completely finished and fully subbed.

Gregoir

Post by Gregoir » Jul 7th, '07, 21:27

Personally, I don't mind that the subs are only released very slowly, it makes for a nice surprise when it does come out eventually

But I'm having a lot of trouble trying to decide who is hotter, Sensei or Chie. Any thoughts? :cry:

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 8th, '07, 00:56

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:Any more updates on this from NYA or has she just given up on it?

I am a very patient person but I really liked the way that she subbed the series and I did not want to watch the rest without the subs.

I know that it is someone taking their precious and valuable time to do these, and they are not being compensated, but I wish that it would be finished. I know that some of the dramas can become boring and they lose interest but I feel that it is only fair to finish what is started... :-(

If it is not going to be completed by her can someone else jump on it and finish subbing it???

And the Chinese/English ones are HORRIBLE! I refuse to try to watch them. This experience taught me to be very cautious about downloading series until they are completely finished and fully subbed.
Nya Fansubs are continuing to sub this...

http://forum.nyafansubs.com/index.php?showtopic=1
http://forum.nyafansubs.com/index.php?showtopic=53

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jul 11th, '07, 00:34

Thank you Rikayla for that update.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 11th, '07, 00:39

yes!!! i can actuaally finish Nya stand up 8-11 i watched those ep. with other subs... not as good as nya of course!!!

cant wait!!! :cheers: :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 11th, '07, 04:59

i love this series.. i watched it on Youtube but then they got deleted...

My root of actors come from the main 4.. i have seen alot of shows with each of them in it!!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 13th, '07, 03:33

kozumifan wrote:yes!!! i can actuaally finish Nya stand up 8-11 i watched those ep. with other subs... not as good as nya of course!!!

cant wait!!! :cheers: :lol
Huh, someone else is actually subbing them?

mr_dreamboy

Post by mr_dreamboy » Jul 15th, '07, 08:54

yes thank you for the update again, i hate watching stand up on crunchy roll, its depressing =[

Does anyone speak French here, cause they translated the whole thing on veoh, maybe someone can make soft subs for now

minamichan03

[Discussion] Stand up...

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 6th, '08, 08:19

ahmmm...
i really looked at the index about this drama, and didn't find about this drama so i decided to make a new topic in here..

actually,i only watched the first episode of this and a little part from the second ep.
but my question is,
is the drama worth watching? :unsure:

i do think that the casting is so perfect..! :roll
nino.. shun.. hiroki... yampi...
such perfect guys...

but,i just don't like the plot of the story soo much...
(though i just watched only few episodes of this..)
so,please tell me.. is it worth watching? isn't is non-sense drama?
Attachments
a pic from the drama "stand-up" starring the 4 stars...
a pic from the drama "stand-up" starring the 4 stars...
stand_up - group.jpg (30.35 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: [Discussion] Stand up...

Post by mizune » Jun 7th, '08, 01:24

minamichan03 wrote:ahmmm...
i really looked at the index about this drama, and didn't find about this drama so i decided to make a new topic in here..
sorry, we did have a thread, but it was missing in the index...
i've fixed that now.

as for wheter or not this is worth watching.... well, if you've already seen a few eps and aren't interested yet, that's probably your hint to walk away.

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jun 7th, '08, 02:07

JTV definitely finished it; I have the whole series hard subbed by them on my comp.

minamichan03

hi!

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 8th, '08, 01:31

what can you guys say about this drama??

pn0yb0i

Re: hi!

Post by pn0yb0i » Jun 8th, '08, 01:34

minamichan03 wrote:what can you guys say about this drama??
its not boring. :-)

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jun 8th, '08, 01:48

I saw the vcd rips of this before either fansub group took this on. It is one of my favorite dramas out there largely due to the well executed story, full cast, and heart put into it. I feel it is one of the most underrated and under appreciated coming of age dramas out there. However, as a previous poster mentioned, if the first few episodes did not catch your attention, then iyou may want to move along. It definitely has a target audience, but it certainly is not a non-sense. There is a point to it and a very important one at that. I hope this answers your question.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 9th, '08, 07:15

minamichan03 wrote:what can you guys say about this drama??
IWGP feel with a puppy love / neighbourhood theme minus the mystery!

8/10