[Discussion] Haken no Hinkaku

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
dee8o8

[Discussion] Haken no Hinkaku

Post by dee8o8 » Jan 13th, '07, 19:49

i just read the drama wiki on this. sounds interesting. is anyone gonna sub this or even upload this to d addicts?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Haken_no_Hinkaku

animefan22

Post by animefan22 » Jan 13th, '07, 22:12

Also interested in this show as Nakashima Mika provides the theme song for it, "Mienai Hoshi".

Hope someone ends up uploading it on d-addicts and subbing it.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 13th, '07, 22:16

someone will upload this.. i think they are just waiting for a smaller file. the one that is currently available is a huge 1.4gb copy, and that would be too much for others to download.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 13th, '07, 22:33

I was gonna watch it too, but then found out that it's sequel of "Hanayome wa Yakudoshi!" broadcasted last year... I don't like watching sequels without watching the original.
Might change my mind if ratings stay good though.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Jan 14th, '07, 00:43

it's a sequel? where did you find that?
8thSin wrote:I was gonna watch it too, but then found out that it's sequel of "Hanayome wa Yakudoshi!" broadcasted last year... I don't like watching sequels without watching the original.
Might change my mind if ratings stay good though.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 14th, '07, 07:33

this is not a sequel..its a totally different drama from Hanayome. the story will focus on the discrimination against OLs. this is also written by Nakazono Miho, the writer of Anego and Yamato Nadeshiko.

Scully2

Post by Scully2 » Jan 14th, '07, 09:48

I've been waiting to see this here but still nothing. I don't really mind if takes 1.4GBs. The first epi already got good rating ^___^

_iris
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by _iris » Jan 21st, '07, 05:41

It seems like a pretty stand alone series. The premise of ass-whooping OL will make me watch :lol she's the mysterious super-haken!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:10

I almost passed on this drama when I read the synopsis. Then I changed my mind when I saw Shinohara Ryoko is the main character. I'm so glad I had a change of heart because I love a drama with some dry humor.

Shinohara plays an anti-social superstar OL. Not psychotic anti-social. More like non-smiling, non-chatting, non-helpful office lady. By day, she is a dead serious OL. By night, she is flemingo dancer in a club. Leave it her to get the job done and done in a way only overacheiver can do. But, don't try to bully her into doing things that is not part of her job function. She will flatly tell you NO and to get your freaking ugly curly hair out of her way.

arashisuki58

Post by arashisuki58 » Jan 23rd, '07, 23:31

I'm starting to enjoy this dorama as well. I do kinda find Katou Ai annoying at times. I really can't stand her voice or her low self-esteem. I hope she'll learn to stand up for herself as this series goes on. I find the guy with the curly hair really funny. Although he's a jerk, his antics are kind of funny. And I can't wait to see the next epi after I saw the previews...

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 24th, '07, 00:56

arashisuki58 wrote:I'm starting to enjoy this dorama as well. I do kinda find Katou Ai annoying at times. I really can't stand her voice or her low self-esteem. I hope she'll learn to stand up for herself as this series goes on. I find the guy with the curly hair really funny. Although he's a jerk, his antics are kind of funny. And I can't wait to see the next epi after I saw the previews...
I'm enjoying this too and can't wait for ep3. I stumbled upon this drama unexpectedly an I'm glad I decided to try and watch it. It's engrossing even on such a topic. I've never really liked Kato Ai and totally agree that she's annoying and whiney. I wonder how many more scraps she'll get herself into. But Shinohara Ryoko is great in her role. Kinda makes up for the disappointment of Hanayome wa Yakudoshi.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 24th, '07, 01:05

I think there is a group that was planning to sub this, but they broke up because they couldn't agree on what to name their group. Sounds like they needed somebody to stand by with a huge harisen and whack them back into sensibility...

naoto

Post by naoto » Jan 27th, '07, 05:27

oh so is the wiki outdated, nobody subbing? I haven't been able to find subs and it's on ep 3, maybe that's why :lol

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 27th, '07, 05:42

naoto wrote:oh so is the wiki outdated, nobody subbing? I haven't been able to find subs and it's on ep 3, maybe that's why :lol
No... pokute just like to confuse innocent leachers. Ep1 and 2 are already translated, being edited by him right now, expect ep1 to be posted around Sunday or Monday. We will try to keep up a weekly release after that.

rickt

Post by rickt » Jan 27th, '07, 05:54

^ ah so you're the translator and pokute as editor again for this project? GREAT!! I loved what you guys did with BusuKoi and so happy that you're now doing this drama as well~~ long live Busu Fansub! LOL~~ :D

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 27th, '07, 18:04

Yep. I'm on my way downstairs right now to get back to the editing ;^)
I'm afraid I'm going to be a little slow on episode 1, but after that I think
that 8thSin's projection of weekly releases is probably accurate.

BTW, we are batting around possible group names right now... Busu is NOT one of them... That was actually an elaborate joke that Tao Libra and I played on 8thSin ;^)

dancing_baka

Post by dancing_baka » Feb 1st, '07, 05:48

Just saw episode 1 after being curious of its high ratings and I kept hearing such good things about this. Glad I did. I was neutral on Shinohara and a tad bit curious on Koizumi(on how he's improving from just being hyped as the popular former PM's son to really an actor respected for his own acting) but I think I'm liking them in this drama. I agree with some sentiments here that Katou's character is annoying, but then that's good because it means that Katou herself is doing a great job portraying her role convincingly! Im guessing since this is just ep 1, she'll be more annoying, so I'm also curious on how she and Super-Haken Haruko will work together from now on ^^ I can't wait to see the next episodes! (impatiently waiting for episode 2 to finish download >_<)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 1st, '07, 16:13

Right now it's me that's holding up the release of Episode 2. Gomen... Gomen. I promise to work hard this weekend and get caught up!!!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Feb 1st, '07, 16:47

is it because you are busy fighting off the waitresses while you go eat korean bbq? i just hate when that happens. :lol

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 1st, '07, 17:45

Hahaha! Let's do a business lunch! I'll meet you behind the presidential palace in Pyongyang, there's a place there that serves roasted fatty liver of ad executives. And they let you cut off your own portion from an ad exec hanging from his heels in the fridge (he insulted one too many waitresses).

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 1st, '07, 21:29

I think Ooizumi You is the standout actor (over-actor?) in this series... By the end of episode 2 I hate his guts! If this were an anime I would say that he and Oomae will get married in the last episode and move to Spain to teach the Gypsies management skills (and Korean BBQ etiquette).

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Feb 16th, '07, 22:28

I really loved episode 6. The end was so emotional. And Haruko couldnt hold back her emotions in the end and cried. The messages on her B-day card were soooo cute. I was really touched.
The funniest thing was when Haruko changed her voice and Shouji and Satonaka laughed at her haha. So funny : D
The sadest scene was when Haruko, Satonaka and Shouji argued and everybody could hear them cause the microphone was turned on.
Afterwards everybody returned back the chocolate and the reason was just dumb.

And what the? What kind of birth was that? The pregnant one lay on the side during the birth? Did I miss something oO..?
Last edited by Manatsu on Feb 16th, '07, 23:34, edited 2 times in total.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 16th, '07, 23:06

What you missed, Millyah, are the bloody spoiler "hidden" tags. Please don't summarize episodes in open text.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Feb 16th, '07, 23:34

pokute wrote:What you missed, Millyah, are the bloody spoiler "hidden" tags. Please don't summarize episodes in open text.
Sorry I was in hurry and forgot. Wont happen again -0-

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 16th, '07, 23:38

Yay! Much better. Thank you.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Feb 17th, '07, 00:03

pokute wrote:Yay! Much better. Thank you.
So I suppose you havent watched episode yet? Dammit. I didnt understand some parts.
Which episodes have you watched yet? Only 1 & 2?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 17th, '07, 00:05

I don't even watch the episodes I'm editing until the whole thing is finished so I don't spoil the show for myself.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Feb 17th, '07, 00:19

pokute wrote:I don't even watch the episodes I'm editing until the whole thing is finished so I don't spoil the show for myself.
I see. You must have a high patience.
Its a really great dorama. So then ill wait and maybe we can discuss in future about some points. :p

lunas

Post by lunas » Feb 19th, '07, 03:21

Just love Shinohara Ryoko's character, kind of remind me of Abe Hiroshi's character in Kekkon.

TampaBayRocky

Post by TampaBayRocky » Mar 1st, '07, 15:57

i cant wait for ep 8 :cheers:

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Mar 10th, '07, 07:49

pokute wrote:I think Ooizumi You is the standout actor (over-actor?) in this series... By the end of episode 2 I hate his guts! If this were an anime I would say that he and Oomae will get married in the last episode and move to Spain to teach the Gypsies management skills (and Korean BBQ etiquette).
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Flamenco and spanish BBQ over an open fire! No management skills!!!! I can see where you got that idea, it's really in the line of character of Mr Frilly-Hair. Kowaii!
But, you know, as much as I think he is an annoying character (!!!!!!!!!!!) - I don't hope it'll turn cheezy and he'll be the super-converted-haken-lover in the end!

Although I hated his guts too at the end of ep 2 (or 3???) but this won't happen! Super-Haken won't be infected by him and live happily ever after with her Gypsies!
That's a part I'm wondering about: Where do these Gypsies come in? You can see glimpses of her past - before Oomae became a Haken and she really seems to hate the japanese system of life-long employees now because of some incident. But why Spain? I didn't miss a hint, didn't I?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 10th, '07, 18:24

@hakuharu - If you missed a hint, I did as well... There's still just as much mystery by the end of episode 3. Yeah, why Spain? Why not Outer Mongolia?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 11th, '07, 17:04

Maybe it's as simple as that Haruko wants to learn the flamenco.

or that she feels empathy with the gypsies because she is a gypsy in the corp world, traveling from company to company

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 11th, '07, 23:17

@auroragb - I think you nailed it.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 17th, '07, 08:13

Just saw the finale a while ago. It was a lot of fun, and the whole series have been great!

This is the first Shinohara dorama I've seen, and I'm VERY impressed with her acting. But to me, she'll always the ultimate singer of Street Fighter movie theme song :lol
I really liked how Miyuki became a full-timer in the end. Although a large portion of this show is dedicated to glorifying Haken, It shows that it doesn't necessarily be the greatest thing for everybody, and it's important for a person to find his/her own path.

I did think there were too many unresolved relationships between sub and main characters. Kuroiwa + Ken-chan, Miyuki + Asano kind of ended without any confrontation.
Also Kirishima-buchou was very strange... He turned into such a evil character in Ep 8 and 9, but somehow became a good guy again in the finale. But overall, it was really good episode! :-)

The finale was AWESOME at 1024x576. I really recommend seeing this one at extra high quality. The timing should still match the version in D-A when we release the sub.

Filesize 1.2GB, Link gives 200GB of bandwith or 14 days, so get it while it's hot!
http://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dmY ... UjgwTVE9PQ

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Mar 29th, '07, 09:58

8thSin wrote:The finale was AWESOME at 1024x576. I really recommend seeing this one at extra high quality. The timing should still match the version in D-A when we release the sub.

Filesize 1.2GB, Link gives 200GB of bandwith or 14 days, so get it while it's hot!
http://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dmY ... UjgwTVE9PQ
Sugoi! Thank you so much!!! My Azureus-queue (and my hard disk as well :sweat: ) is very full at the moment so I really appreciate the ddl!!!
And I'm happy you said you enjoyed the end, that makes me even more looking forward to it. And it's always good to know the subbers like the series they are doing :wub:
pokute wrote:@hakuharu - If you missed a hint, I did as well... There's still just as much mystery by the end of episode 3. Yeah, why Spain? Why not Outer Mongolia?
Haha, obviously because JinJins already there :whistling: You sure don't want a crossover of haken with Anego, ne? No, that would be scary! I loved Anego, but to me Haken is even better, more mature and an up-to-date topic.

Although Poodle-san, no, kurukurupermo (???) is still annoying - he is needed, because his role symbolizes the traditional japanese workers thoughts (in general, although much exaggerated), I think.
Satonaka-san is a little bit indifferent. He never seems to stand up for his point. I don't hope he is meant to be the "modern japanese worker" role model....

loveWG

Post by loveWG » Apr 5th, '07, 18:06

Downloaded this out of curiousity and I like it so far (watched up to ep4)
Have to be patient since the other eps aren't subbed yet. ;)

kiwigloomy

Post by kiwigloomy » Apr 11th, '07, 00:33

Yeah, Shinohara is great, she was cool in Unfair too. Soo much different from HR or At home Dad... But, i dont think she'll be in any drama or movie for the near future, as shes quite busy with her own life...

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Apr 18th, '07, 17:46

I just finished watching this dorama....with my pichin japanese language, I enjoyed every episodes....this is a good dorama, just love the haken character :-)....

I think auroragb is right about Haruko wants to learn about the flamenco dance that's why she was in Spain....especially with her mom's small bar entertainment based on flamenco dancing, and being an haken, Haruko have the time to go backbagging around the world when ever her contract is up....so I think that's the advantage of being a single haken; you'll have a lots of free time too to go traveling around the world and enjoy yourself....like she mentioned in one of the episode that she don't want to be a slave to the company (something like that), in other word; like the saying over here; they said (you're married to your work (when you're too busy with work and a full timer, and not too much time for yourself and your love ones if you're a married one :lol....anyway, I'm gonna wait for all the episode's subs and rewatch it again, so I'll be more enjoy it I think :lol....

michelle_moraes

Post by michelle_moraes » May 23rd, '07, 14:35

Does anyone have the soundtrack for this series? I'm really looking for the flamenco song!!!

deeplove

Post by deeplove » May 24th, '07, 03:28

this series is really under-rated.
It's soooo freakin funny!! which i totally didn't expect. the main actress also act's really really well.
I recommend people give it a change 1-2 episodes at least, thats when the humor kicks in.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » May 26th, '07, 07:09

here is the OST: http://www.sendspace.com/file/78dkbm

thanks to thtl for his generosity in sharing this!! :cheers: :thumleft:

michelle_moraes

Post by michelle_moraes » May 26th, '07, 14:34

marienella_m wrote:here is the OST: http://www.sendspace.com/file/78dkbm

thanks to thtl for his generosity in sharing this!! :cheers: :thumleft:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
I really appreciate it! Please let me know if there's anything I can help you!

panruto

=[

Post by panruto » Jun 15th, '07, 22:25

Whatever happened to this drama?? Subs haven't been done for weeks :[ -so sad-

CJH

Post by CJH » Jun 19th, '07, 05:51

eh? the high quality version i that much better? would like a second opinion on that T_T i just started downloading the low quality version but i've only dled about... 100ish megs? not too late to turn back but i don't really want to wait for 14gbs unless i have to T_T...
(on the other hand i suppose it's good for waiting for the subs :P)

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Jul 7th, '07, 14:00

marienella_m, thank you very much for sharing the soundtrack, it's beautiful :wub:

As to the status for the subtitles
panruto wrote:Whatever happened to this drama?? Subs haven't been done for weeks :[ -so sad-
You can read that up in the subtitle thread, I think it's page 19, but not sure about that :-)
and making your first post with a request for subtitles is considered bad etiquette here :roll

Agnieszkakoe

Post by Agnieszkakoe » Nov 6th, '07, 09:31

only one episode to watch, waiting for the sub for ep 10...I'm kinda sad it's over, but hey, see them in season 2!! :cheers:

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 7th, '07, 13:12

Agnieszkakoe wrote:only one episode to watch, waiting for the sub for ep 10...I'm kinda sad it's over, but hey, see them in season 2!! :cheers:
Such a coincidence to see a post mentioning Season 2 today. With Shinohara Ryoko formally announcing that she is 4 months pregnant today. Looks like there could be some truth in the eariler rumor that season 2 was due this season but NTV had to call off the idea cos of her pregnancy. Hmm. guess it will be at least at least 9 more mths wait for season 2......

Agnieszkakoe

Post by Agnieszkakoe » Nov 7th, '07, 17:12

kokitty wrote:
Agnieszkakoe wrote:only one episode to watch, waiting for the sub for ep 10...I'm kinda sad it's over, but hey, see them in season 2!! :cheers:
Such a coincidence to see a post mentioning Season 2 today. With Shinohara Ryoko formally announcing that she is 4 months pregnant today. Looks like there could be some truth in the eariler rumor that season 2 was due this season but NTV had to call off the idea cos of her pregnancy. Hmm. guess it will be at least at least 9 more mths wait for season 2......
Wow, she's pregnant? CONGRATULATION! The next season can wait, I wish her a healthy baby!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 13th, '07, 05:07

Well, I basically rewatched the series, and I love the fact that they didn't over-glorify the job as a Haken.

In practically all other career doramas, whether it be an athlete, lawyer, doctor, racer etc... They make it look like they are heroes or something that can never exist in real life, and end up really cheesy.
In this series, yeah, Oomae was a Super Haken, but they did show that being Haken isn't for everyone, and for most people, it's just another step in their career. Mori learned that being a Haken wasn't for her, but she learned the work ethics and importance of co-workers from being a Haken. Kon-kun also went to a company with equal-work-equal-wage policy, but ends up hated by full-timers because of it. In the end, Satonaka says he doesn't know if more Haken should be hired (more Haken = less full-timers), but they should be treated like human beings.
I love how they made it really inspiring, yet still realistic.
Looking forward to season 2, I hope it won't become cheesy like most sequels.