[Discussion] Bambino

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kiki

Post by kiki » May 6th, '07, 06:04

arashi.vox.com

crusier

Post by crusier » May 6th, '07, 20:35

cant find the eng subs for epi.2 in arashi site...any1 kno where?

kiki

Post by kiki » May 7th, '07, 01:22

crusier wrote:cant find the eng subs for epi.2 in arashi site...any1 kno where?
http://arashi.vox.com/library/post/bamb ... de-01.html
just click in, it had sub for ep. 2

crusier

Post by crusier » May 7th, '07, 23:41

thank you so much!

GaryDAI

Post by GaryDAI » May 8th, '07, 23:31

Who is the actress that has the baseball cap? I can't figure her name out lol

yukimaru

Post by yukimaru » May 8th, '07, 23:35

GaryDAI wrote:Who is the actress that has the baseball cap? I can't figure her name out lol
it's karina

melliemelll

Post by melliemelll » May 9th, '07, 14:59

i was surprised i didn't see this thread on the 1st page. :p

anyway, patientLy waiting for the ep 3 subs.. :)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » May 9th, '07, 15:22

lol,gambate!i couldn`t wait any longer for the subs so i saw it as a raw:)) but oh well didn`t understand too much of what they were saying......so once the subs are out i`ll re-watch it :D

bonno

Post by bonno » May 9th, '07, 21:42

kiki wrote:
Really great that the arashi site is subbing it. At least someone is dedicated to subbing this fast enough :-)

XuSNoB

Post by XuSNoB » May 10th, '07, 00:30

bonno wrote:
kiki wrote:
Really great that the arashi site is subbing it. At least someone is dedicated to subbing this fast enough :-)
I agree with you too. Arashi is indeed fast with their subs. :-)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » May 10th, '07, 07:49

XuSNoB wrote:
bonno wrote:
kiki wrote:
I agree with you too. Arashi is indeed fast with their subs. :-)
yeah!that girl is AMAZING!she released the subs for hana yori dango really fast too! :blink

mimmi

Post by mimmi » May 10th, '07, 16:07

Finished watching hardsub one, so now I jumped to raw episode 4 (Not watching it yet, maybe tonight) just to see how the story is developing, but by seeing the end of hardsub one, I think this dorama is gonna be a little interesting....Chefs lifes'; interesting....goodness gracious, to think that Ramsy chef guy is a hard bad a**, this guys (chefs) in this dorama are not any better :lol....

fishy

Post by fishy » May 10th, '07, 16:16

finally watched episode 04 :cheers: the storyline, getting better n better, im so happy. im off to bed now.oyasumi :D jyane minnasan :wub:

kiki

Post by kiki » May 10th, '07, 16:21

i like ep. 4 and 3 the best. yep, it getting more and more intereting. i can't wait for next ep. eventhough i don't understand what they said at all.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 12th, '07, 05:14

I'm currently watching episode 4 raw, and I just got to the part where
Ban goes to the school and asks for a quit school form (I hope that's right; my japanese is not very good) but is it me or does anyone think that the picture of Matsujun on the student card looks like Matsuda Shota?
Edit: Just finished episode 4. What a interesting ending, I hope he actually does some cooking soon though. Matsujun looks really good in his uniform...~

crimmy

Post by crimmy » May 12th, '07, 07:46

Just saw ep3 and woo that was the best ep so far =O I liked how the preview looked too wooo!! bambi~

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 12th, '07, 08:39

Just watched episode 3. It was really good, I'm starting to really like it (after a shaky start).
Was anyone else thinking "choke her!" at the end? OK, I'm just being mean, lol. I may start to like the girlfriend after episode 4 because from the preview it looks like she is going to be developed a bit more. At the moment I don't really know her, and she hasn't had much chemistry with Ban. Hopefully that will change.

I love how determined Ban is, but I also love his cockiness. One little compliment and he is again thinking he's the best in the world. lol.

And why don't they have an electronic dishwasher? They look like a restaurant that would charge through the roof, I'm sure they can afford one. But then again - then Ban would have nothing to do. lol.
Looking forward to episode 4 subs :)

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 12th, '07, 11:23

OK, I just watched episode 4 without subs so I didn't understand much (still very much a begginer at 日本語) but....
The last frame, the very last scene in the "next week's episode" with Ban saying "いらっしゃいませ", "Irasshaimase", OMG, how funny was that! lol.

sakura_mars

Post by sakura_mars » May 12th, '07, 11:26

Awesome! thanks so much for these quality subs! You have no idea how great the timing of this release is...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 12th, '07, 15:50

hahaha... it was so weird to see jun eat the dust in this episode. lolz.. he usually punches people not the other way around...

suketeru

Post by suketeru » May 14th, '07, 10:16

on ep3.
anyone figure out what that dish Ban made at the end was ? wasn't it supposed to be sth from their menu ? it definitely did not look italian !!

agree on the washing machine thing.. that thought came to me like a million times! ^^

anybody else not liking the head waiter !?! i have never seen waiters chit chatting to their customers ever in real life ! or like " i'll be filling up your glasses in a minute" .. what was that !?!

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » May 14th, '07, 10:27

suketeru wrote:on ep3.
anyone figure out what that dish Ban made at the end was ? wasn't it supposed to be sth from their menu ? it definitely did not look italian !!
According to the official website it's "Pork Stew Bowl" but it's a strange choice because it's not Italian at all ^^
We don't use rice as complement for our dishes as Japaneses do.
anybody else not liking the head waiter !?! i have never seen waiters chit chatting to their customers ever in real life ! or like " i'll be filling up your glasses in a minute" .. what was that !?!
Here in Italy it's quite common to talk with customers... I love the capocameriere :wub:

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 14th, '07, 11:21

I don't think that Pork Stew thing was a strange choice...it was just an employees' meal, after all. After all the flak he received, I don't think he would have dared to make anything Italian, lol. Besides, it shows that Ban can cook things other than Italian.

I think the waiter-interaction-with-customers thing is fine. The only thing I don't like is that they keep twirling and twirling around to avoid people. Why can't they just sidestep?

And we've all pretty much agreed that Baccanale needs to invest in a dishwasher...

suketeru

Post by suketeru » May 14th, '07, 11:25

Misato-san wrote:Here in Italy it's quite common to talk with customers... I love the capocameriere :wub:
sou desu ne. i just remembered actually in one restaurant where the waiter was chatting to my uncles.. but i still don't like the capocameriere in Bambino ^^
gemtsoi wrote:I don't think that Pork Stew thing was a strange choice...it was just an employees' meal, after all. After all the flak he received, I don't think he would have dared to make anything Italian
i thought he said he wanted to cook the main dish of that day's menu.. O.o maybe i was too sleepy to read the subs well ^^

ne, while we're at it, another thing got me curious. in the 1st ep, where Ban messed up the brodo.. i think you'd have to be completely ignorant in cooking to be able to mess up a brodo !! my first try came out quite good, and i am no chef ^^

crimmy

Post by crimmy » May 14th, '07, 15:06

That dessert guy... XDDDD man eventhough he doesnt say anything hes hella funny especially during mealtimes.. such a sad creature XDD

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » May 14th, '07, 21:28

LoL yeah I agree, that dessert guy is really creepy and odd =/ The best part is when he waits for the restroom after Bambino, so hiliarious.

End of ep 3 was weird, why was he choking her? haven't watched ep 4 yet. I was like Oh my what is he doing to her.. :goggle:

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » May 14th, '07, 21:53

YamapisWifey wrote:LoL yeah I agree, that dessert guy is really creepy and odd =/ The best part is when he waits for the restroom after Bambino, so hiliarious.

End of ep 3 was weird, why was he choking her? haven't watched ep 4 yet. I was like Oh my what is he doing to her.. :goggle:
yeah.. same idea here.. i thought his way of hugging her was kinda weird ne~? .. :whistling:

OMG.. i can`t wait to see epi.4 it`s getting more & more interesting! :w00t:

flora4444

Post by flora4444 » May 15th, '07, 12:53

where can i watch ep 3 & 4 ?

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » May 16th, '07, 06:56

gemtsoi wrote:I think the waiter-interaction-with-customers thing is fine. The only thing I don't like is that they keep twirling and twirling around to avoid people. Why can't they just sidestep?
yes! i couldn't stand the twirling thing to avoid people too. especially when they twirl twice in a row. makes them look like they're dancing.

perhaps some people dun like the capocameriere in Bambino cuz he is a little over the top IMO. interaction with the customers is fine but every customer? too OTT. and i feel he tends to raise an eyebrow too often too.

muhi

Post by muhi » May 16th, '07, 15:56

hi i'm new here
actually i just watched epsisode 1 in youTUBE
but i'm too sad to see matsujun got beat like that by hatori

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 17th, '07, 12:19

Gawd just finished Ep.5... >_< Is it just me or did anyone else seriously want to give Ban a kick in the ass during this episode?
His depression/sulkiness/unwillingness to face things and be a man really got to me. It isn't as though he has to remain a waiter his entire life. Granted, I find it odd that they made him a waiter, but couldn't he just accept that it was another learning curve for him, and so step up to the task instead of mooning around like a sick kid? I would totally have lost patience in him if I was his supervisor. Come on, Ban. Many people take years to realize their dream. In between that, they have to do all sorts of things that they don't want to do. But if you have to do it, you have to do it! Stop being so pity party! Stop mooning about how you gave up so much to come to Tokyo and ended up being a waiter!

How many pep talks did his colleagues need to give him before he could get back on his feet? And when people are giving you instructions, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE pay attention! Don't stare into space! Hasn't he ever worked in other companies before? Wouldn't he have learned that when you're a newbie, you HAVE to pay attention, look willing, be quick on your feet, and be respectful? If he hasn't learned all that by the time he's 20+ (which I'm assuming he is since he's in university), then I say, give Katori all the license he wants to knock some sense into Ban's head. Grr.

I was always a little sorry for Ban in all the previous episodes, but in this one, he just totally pissed me off. I'm tired of seeing him be pity party. For crying out loud, stand on your own two feet, take things as they come, and be a man.
...I hope he's much more bearable in Ep.6.

kiki

Post by kiki » May 17th, '07, 17:28

regarding ep. 5
i also do had an urge to kick ban. He such a brat in the episode. HE is throwing a tantrum. lol. Still a kid. It so like a kid, saying, but i do everything you told me to do. why don't i get that candy. this is a process of him growing it up and deal it like an adult. Thing sometime doesn't goes your way, you either suck it up and goes on, but he still doesn't had that capability yet, and that why they are teaching him now. This is a test of patience and he failed misreably. until he can surpass it, he can't come into the kitchen. Kitchen is where pressure is tremendous, people sometime will treat you bad, the food you cook is sometime being regard as not good, so before he can cook, he had to serve, to understand the customer, this is his process into the real world. People back home, because knowing him too long probably treat him nicely, but out in the real world. customer is #1. smile even if you hate their gut. So i want to see him next week, to learn from this.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » May 20th, '07, 01:29

I watched Episode 5 with very little knowledge of Japanese and still understood everything that both of you stated above! (Couldn't do that with a show like Watashitachi no Kyokasho )

Before the episode was over I wanted to
give Ban a royal kick in the bum! What a brat! Whine WHINE WHINE!!! It is as if he thinks that everything should be given to him on a platter. I can understand a desire to want to do what you love but you have to be great at it to be the best!

And in the restaurant business it is better to know everything from the cleaning of items to waiting tables to cooking and management if you want to own an establishment one day.

The problem is that he was praised too much in the small place where he worked and he doesn't get that he needs to learn and grow. Hopefully next week he will stop blanking out and learn from this... I hope. :)
I have to give it that Jun Matsumoto is doing a great job with this one! Really making me go through emotions while watching this character!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 20th, '07, 01:38

I can sort of relate to Ban though.
He's thinking - "why do I have to do this stupid job when I want to be a chef?" His heart just isn't in it. And Ban takes most things to heart - when he gets a simple compliment he becomes soooo happy, but when something isn't going the way he pictured, he is down in the dumps. He just needed someone to point out to him that this is the path that leads him to be a chef, and suddenly he puts his all into it.

pubbie

Post by pubbie » May 23rd, '07, 09:25

OH THANK GOD IM NOT ALONE. I thought I was the only one who wanted to just punch out that **** gaki Ban. I hope to Satan Ban gets his act together.

mannie511

Post by mannie511 » May 24th, '07, 00:44

anyone know somewhere that has the spinoff? I really want to see it~ thanks.

and i can't wait for more. ep 6 is almost done :whistling:

kiki

Post by kiki » May 24th, '07, 00:59

i just finished ep. 6
thank god he get his act together, or else i had to take that thing that he cook with and bang hit head. and the relatioship between him and the workers are great. The way they interact with each. I love it. They had great chemistry. the go out to eat, they help each and i love the way they interact. They help him alot in here, I hope they had more scene with him and his worker, showing how he had adapt to the place, he had some his depressing moment when he couldn't serve that woman, but that woman look so scary and he was so nervous, but he pick up next time doing his own way instead of following like everybody else. Next weeks seem interesting as it story about karina, ban saw her got harrassed by ex-boyfriend???? or I don't know and when she said Bambi at the end to him, i felt there something going to happen between them. I can't wait to watch next weeks. this getting so interesting.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » May 24th, '07, 09:07

lol,i`m stuck at ep 4 (which i haven`t seen yet and also i haven`t seen ep 5 yet) :mrgreen: i`m determined to wait for subs cos i can`t really understand everything they`re saying and ep 4 seemes that had important stuff going on and i wanted to know exactly what`s happening so i haven`t seen bambi for the last 2-3 weeks :-( if the subs won`t be out until the end of the week i guess i`ll have no choice but to watch them as a raw*sighs*

melancholic witch

Post by melancholic witch » May 25th, '07, 05:43

aw! i envy u all guys!

muhi

Post by muhi » May 25th, '07, 16:03

after watched episode 2 on YouTube
i'm very happy to see Ban-chan already know what the menu and the italian language but shocked to see Ban-chan scratch his finger "its hurts!!!"
hmm i'm so hard to watch matsujun so poor on this drama but "mada-mada dane deshou ^_^"

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 26th, '07, 07:57

kiki wrote:i just finished ep. 6
thank god he get his act together, or else i had to take that thing that he cook with and bang hit head. and the relatioship between him and the workers are great. The way they interact with each. I love it. They had great chemistry. the go out to eat, they help each and i love the way they interact. They help him alot in here, I hope they had more scene with him and his worker, showing how he had adapt to the place, he had some his depressing moment when he couldn't serve that woman, but that woman look so scary and he was so nervous, but he pick up next time doing his own way instead of following like everybody else. Next weeks seem interesting as it story about karina, ban saw her got harrassed by ex-boyfriend???? or I don't know and when she said Bambi at the end to him, i felt there something going to happen between them. I can't wait to watch next weeks. this getting so interesting.
Agreed.
Ban was a lot more bearable in Ep.6, mainly because he kicked himself into shape. Even so, I find that dragon lady very unrealistic. Is she a customer from hell or what?! Why does a waiter need to make the food look delicious? As long as he doesn't spill anything from you and serves you well, why do you need to insult him and bring his morale down like that? I think Bambino exaggerates a lot of its 'stern' characters. I don't think people are so terrible in real life. And I think I would be pretty annoyed if a waiter talked for five minutes explaining how a particular dish was cooked (with his eyes closed!)

I'm definitely looking forward to more Karina in the next episode :) It's nice to see Ban interacting well with Karina and the younger guy (can never catch his name). At least he's building friendships!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 27th, '07, 06:35

gemtsoi: I don't think you've been in customer service before! People are never rational and people complain about the smallest of things.

What I want to know is:
What does Tsukasa say at the end of episode six? He doesn't like something, I got that much, but what was he saying, can someone sum it up? :)

muhi

Post by muhi » May 27th, '07, 10:51

after watched episode 3
OMG!!!! this episode so funny and so sad
funny parts : where ban-chan acts as katori and himself
sad parts : the farewell to all employee especially they all eat ban-chan cooked

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » May 27th, '07, 19:19

just finished watching ep 4
it was so sad :-( it was so hard for bambi to make all those sacrifices and yet when u`re as determined as he to see his dreams come true u can give up everything for that thing......and i don`t think it means u`re selfish :scratch: on the other hand i`d say that eri-chan was selfish at first cos she wanted him to"give up"his dream...there`s no way u can do a thing like that when u know that the thing u`re asking u`re beloved person to give up is his biggest dream :cry: wonderful episode!absolutely wonderful!
one thing i didn`t understand:
why did the chef decide that ban should work as a waiter? :scratch: i really can`t get it!maybe after i`ll see the other episodes (5.6)i`ll understand*thinks*

anyway that last face that bambi made in the preview is priceless :lol :lol :lol :lol

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 28th, '07, 06:08

GoddessCarlie wrote:gemtsoi: I don't think you've been in customer service before! People are never rational and people complain about the smallest of things.

What I want to know is:
What does Tsukasa say at the end of episode six? He doesn't like something, I got that much, but what was he saying, can someone sum it up? :)
This is my understanding,
Tsukasa basically said that Tsukasa didn't like what Ban did because earlier on he told Ban that you have to love your customers (I think, not sure) but what he did by describing how the food is cooked was done for Ban's own sake, not as a form of love for the customer.
I tried to translate the whole scene, but I couldn't because there were two or three lines I didn't understand. So I wrote a summary of what Tsukasa said. Don't quote me, I'm not a Japanese major =_=;;. Though I might want to be. I hope my summary has helped.

This show is kind of a disappointment really. Although it might be because I've been watching this show RAW. This is a big achievement for me though... Hahaha... I'm such a showoff... :sweat: Anyway, the casts are good, but the story is kind of failing to catch my attention. I'm only watching it for Matsujun, but I've realized that the supporting casts are sparkling more than the main character... I think he can do much better than he is now.

And yes, I agree with fellow addicts, that, I was really getting annoyed at Ban in episode 5.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 28th, '07, 10:04

Thanks <3s-tei. that helped a lot :)

I do like this show (probably more for Matsujun eye candy than anything, it is true - i love his hair in this). But I'm not sure how much of a story one can make with a premise like this - cause there really isn't much there, is there. Still, I do like the characters which brings the show up a notch. We need more Katori!

I can understand Ban being in the dumps -
having broken up with your girlfriend you still love, being in a strange city, not being able to do what you want (cook) - I can understand that when you are feeling down it is all too easy to feel even more down.

And Ban can pick himself up and give it his all. But yeah, I can understand how Ban feels and I think he is acting how he's supposed to - Ban is selfish after all - but perhaps seeing a character do nothing but brood is not good tv. I can see it being better in the manga - but the manga doesn't have Jun, lol :)

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 28th, '07, 11:10

GoddessCarlie wrote:gemtsoi: I don't think you've been in customer service before! People are never rational and people complain about the smallest of things.
LOL, actually, I have. Four months serving at a cafe/restaurant, and I just finished a stint as a customer service officer at the airport. There are unreasonable people, and a couple who showed me black faces and cursed, but so far I've not met any customers as exaggerated as that dragon lady (and I've served people from all over the world). She not only put on a stiff and unfriendly attitude right from the very beginning, but she humiliated him into the bargain. Perhaps customers are more demanding at five-star restaurants, I don't know.

@ <3s-tei.: Thanks so much for the short summary! I was kinda baffled about what was going on, too.
I think that what made most of us so annoyed in Ep.5 was that Ban had NOT been called on to give up cooking. It was another step in the ladder for him, not an end to his ultimate dream. It was just very unseemly of him to behave in the way he did, especially when people were giving him instructions, or when he was actually working. He was so sulky and unresponsive that it just got on people's nerves. I have felt in the dumps before, and cried in the toilet, but I cannot imagine ever behaving as badly as Ban did (though, of course, my depression was nothing compared to Ban's). Still, no matter how unhappy you are, you should always be professional, and Ban was anything but that.

I kind of agree with <3s-tei. that the other characters are actually more interesting than Ban right now. I'm sorry, but I'm just a little tired of him running into crisis nearly all the time, doing dumb things, sulking, and always needing someone to pull him out from the Slough of Despond. I would really like it if they made him more proactive and intelligent in future episodes. I love Jun, and I love all the characters he has played so far, but Ban is not appealing to me at all right now.

@ lee's little alien: I don't think Eri was selfish, actually. I mean, imagine it - you and your boyfriend have a plan for the future that you're working towards, then he goes off for a sort of internship, comes back, and wants you to drop everything and follow him to Tokyo. I think she was pretty magnanimous in accepting his decision and letting him go without much fuss.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 28th, '07, 12:44

You're right, gemtsoi. We definitely need to see Ban become a little bit more pro active, take the initiative.
Oh and
I think Eri was selfish but in a good way. She had to be selfish for herself. But I'm not saying her selfishness was a bad thing. She's a strong independent woman who loves Ban - but could see that he needed to take this chance he has. And it must have been incredibly hard to let him go.

(however, I don't see the chemistry between Ban and Eri. There's more chemistry between Ban and Katori)

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 28th, '07, 13:01

GoddessCarlie wrote:You're right, gemtsoi. We definitely need to see Ban become a little bit more pro active, take the initiative.
Oh and
I think Eri was selfish but in a good way. She had to be selfish for herself. But I'm not saying her selfishness was a bad thing. She's a strong independent woman who loves Ban - but could see that he needed to take this chance he has. And it must have been incredibly hard to let him go.

(however, I don't see the chemistry between Ban and Eri. There's more chemistry between Ban and Katori)
Yup, I agree. She was selfish in a good way.

Ban and Eri seem like a very 'blah' couple to me :-( Maybe it's the actress playing Eri? She and Jun looked so incompatible.

Ban and Katori as a potential couple? Heh. T'would be interesting!

Looking forward to more Karina/Ban action in ep.7 :D

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 28th, '07, 15:03

gemtsoi wrote:
GoddessCarlie wrote:You're right, gemtsoi. We definitely need to see Ban become a little bit more pro active, take the initiative.
Oh and

Yup, I agree. She was selfish in a good way.

Ban and Eri seem like a very 'blah' couple to me :-( Maybe it's the actress playing Eri? She and Jun looked so incompatible.

Ban and Katori as a potential couple? Heh. T'would be interesting!

Looking forward to more Karina/Ban action in ep.7 :D
Episode 7 seems interesting.But I agree Ban and Katori has more chemistry than Eri and Ban. It actually look like the story is getting somewhat interesting. (Sato Ryuta's a great actor..~~!)

Regarding the whole Eri and Ban thing, I feel like they should have played their relationship a bit more, how they met and yadda yadda yadda. And making Eri's character stand out more. I just wish we see her as a bigger character? Ionno. Doing that would only get viewers mad at the producers of breaking Eri and Ban's relationship. This show is really weird... O_O.

I feel like the supporting characters are written just to destroy Ban's self-confidence. Tsukasa's monologue at the end of episode 6 seems quite sudden, I wasn't expecting it.

Edit: I enjoy watching Kuwabara and Tsukasa converse. They're so different at the same time complement each other.. Haha, reminds me of Shuji and Akira xD.
Last edited by <3s-tei. on May 28th, '07, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 28th, '07, 15:16

i only till ep 4 so far but from the 1st ep i really did not see any chemistry between Eri and ban-chan at all.
in most of jun dramas, he always had great chemistry with his co-star actress. i remember Kyoki in KWP (momo & sumire-chan), yuki nakama (yankumi & shin) and everyone's favourite couple makino & domyouji. but as far as bambino goes, i was really annoyed with Eri from the start. i seriosuly don't why but i always told myself, couldn't they chose someone else instead. but i am liking these new karina x bambi relationship
i am going to look for those soft subbs now, for some reasons i cant find them, i have gone blind

kiki

Post by kiki » May 28th, '07, 18:07

i don't think karina and ban is going into a relationship but more a supporting relationship. as someone mention in a manga, they didn't get to that part yet but they are alway there for each other, supporting each other. it kind of tiring to see the main character gloomy all the time too but somehow whenever i see him get up and fight for it, i can't help but be happy and cheer him on. As for Eri, i don't know, i find their relationship is sweet in a way, but i just don't seem to like her. Find her annoying somehow. So i looking forward to Ban and Karina more.
i really don't understand tsukasa character end of episode 6. why do you need love to serve, seriously he sound so dissapointed, making Ban question himself again. can you just praise him a little and said something like you need to learn more. and why the heck is kept winking, is there something in his eye. As for the supporting character, they are there to test him, to see how far he can go without breaking down, since we saw him nearly broke down many time. i don't know i like that he can stop and think is this really worth it, can i really get pass it, but seems ep. 5 that part it really out of character.

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 28th, '07, 23:54

@ kiki: *giggles* at the 'winking' part in your post...I couldn't agree more :D It was nice at first, and then he kinda overdid it, methinks.

You're right that Karina and Ban share a supportive kind of relationship. Karina does always seem to be there to haul Ban out when he's sinking.
Tsukasa did seem a little evil at the end of ep.6. After all that joy and victory, suddenly he comes and deflates it all, and makes Ban confused again. Even if he was right in scolding Ban, he should have left it to the next day, at least. Let Ban enjoy his evening! It doesn't seem something like what Tsukasa would do.
@ <3s-tei.: Yeah, they should definitely have developed Eri and Ban's relationship more. I think the reason why we don't feel it is because we don't know enough of their history. All we know, really, is that Eri called Ban about ten times a day when he was in Tokyo!

As for Sato Ryuta, you have to take your hat off to a guy who can act like a complete idiot in one series, and then a scary villainish supervisor the next :thumright:

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 29th, '07, 00:46

gemtsoi wrote:@ kiki: *giggles* at the 'winking' part in your post...I couldn't agree more :D It was nice at first, and then he kinda overdid it, methinks.

You're right that Karina and Ban share a supportive kind of relationship. Karina does always seem to be there to haul Ban out when he's sinking.
Tsukasa did seem a little evil at the end of ep.6. After all that joy and victory, suddenly he comes and deflates it all, and makes Ban confused again. Even if he was right in scolding Ban, he should have left it to the next day, at least. Let Ban enjoy his evening! It doesn't seem something like what Tsukasa would do.
@ <3s-tei.: Yeah, they should definitely have developed Eri and Ban's relationship more. I think the reason why we don't feel it is because we don't know enough of their history. All we know, really, is that Eri called Ban about ten times a day when he was in Tokyo!

As for Sato Ryuta, you have to take your hat off to a guy who can act like a complete idiot in one series, and then a scary villainish supervisor the next :thumright:
Um, glad I wasn't the only one thinking that what Tsukasa did was out of character, that's why I thought all the characters were made to destroy Ban's confidence. But it's only Tsukasa (so far),
though I have high respects for Kuwabara's speech to Ban in episode 5.

I've seen Sato Ryuta in three different roles, and they're all so different.
I loved the scene in episode 6 at the bar, the conversation between the characters were kind of funny and you can so tell by Katori's reactions xD.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 29th, '07, 03:25

Regarding Tsukasa:
Was definitely out of character, but maybe Ban somehow hit a sore nerve in him. You know how people can snap just like that when something happens?

Or maybe I'm just pulling stuff out of thin air...

belleza

Post by belleza » May 29th, '07, 22:24

i only till ep 4 so far but from the 1st ep i really did not see any chemistry between Eri and ban-chan at all.
They kinda look like brother and sister. That and -- I don't know -- I got really obsessed with Eri's eyelids when things got emotional. Like if she had (botched) surgery before on them or something! :D

Anyway, I found that the more I hate Chef Baka, the more I like the show! As for Episode 4 . . .
Uhm, Baka was a unequivocal bastard for what he did to Eri. Put yourself in her shoes. This is what happened to her . . .

1) You have been with your boyfriend long enough to live together and build a future (i.e. restaurant) together.
2) Your boyfriend goes on a 2-week summer internship.
3) Your boyfriend is mostly not available for those 2 weeks, and he doesn't tell you what's going on. You tried calling him; you're worried sick for him; he just disappears.
4) The first day your BF comes back, he says "hey we should move to Tokyo."
5) Then BF says "with or without you, I'm moving to Tokyo."

Chef Baka choose his job -- and not even a guaranteed dream job but the dream of a possibility of a job -- over you. Without compromising. Without discussing it back and forth. Without even trying to make amends. He took off.
All the same, I can't say Baka was "wrong" or "right" in this decision. On one hand, I find it extremely disappointing that he didn't feel successful after his internship. I mean, what the hell was he expecting? I don't think any really serious restaurant in NYC, LA, or SF would accept a total n00b like him even as an intern when they have loads of culinary school kids on their waiting list. He got there by recommendation, and given the circumstances, he did very well. Shouldn't he going to cooking school or working his way up through other restaurants before taking on the big time? He put his desires over love, familial obligations, and he fundamentally does not get it.

On the other hand, well, you have to be true to yourself. And at least, he know he's baka, and Matsu does a nice job selling the sincerity behind his dream. It's just that if Baka and Asuka get together, the taste will be really sour in my mouth.

So far of the show I've seen this season, this has been improved the most episode to episode. The story isn't riveting, but it's good to see a main character who's hard to love and yet realistic in that way.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 30th, '07, 12:25

belleza wrote:
They kinda look like brother and sister. That and -- I don't know -- I got really obsessed with Eri's eyelids when things got emotional. Like if she had (botched) surgery before on them or something! :D

Anyway, I found that the more I hate Chef Baka, the more I like the show! As for Episode 4 . . .
Uhm, Baka was a unequivocal bastard for what he did to Eri. Put yourself in her shoes. This is what happened to her . . .

1) You have been with your boyfriend long enough to live together and build a future (i.e. restaurant) together.
2) Your boyfriend goes on a 2-week summer internship.
3) Your boyfriend is mostly not available for those 2 weeks, and he doesn't tell you what's going on. You tried calling him; you're worried sick for him; he just disappears.
4) The first day your BF comes back, he says "hey we should move to Tokyo."
5) Then BF says "with or without you, I'm moving to Tokyo."

Chef Baka choose his job -- and not even a guaranteed dream job but the dream of a possibility of a job -- over you. Without compromising. Without discussing it back and forth. Without even trying to make amends. He took off.
All the same, I can't say Baka was "wrong" or "right" in this decision. On one hand, I find it extremely disappointing that he didn't feel successful after his internship. I mean, what the hell was he expecting? I don't think any really serious restaurant in NYC, LA, or SF would accept a total n00b like him even as an intern when they have loads of culinary school kids on their waiting list. He got there by recommendation, and given the circumstances, he did very well. Shouldn't he going to cooking school or working his way up through other restaurants before taking on the big time? He put his desires over love, familial obligations, and he fundamentally does not get it.

On the other hand, well, you have to be true to yourself. And at least, he know he's baka, and Matsu does a nice job selling the sincerity behind his dream. It's just that if Baka and Asuka get together, the taste will be really sour in my mouth.

So far of the show I've seen this season, this has been improved the most episode to episode. The story isn't riveting, but it's good to see a main character who's hard to love and yet realistic in that way.
Bellaza dear, i always loved reading you posts and comments. so right in every time and everything.
its funny what you said about Eri's eyes because i read some where else too. i think one of members in above post said that we don't see the chemistry because we have no idea how it was at the begining. yes, that is why we can sympethise with them as a couple. Baka chef did hurt Eri's feeling (now i see it :P ) but even with knowing this, i just can't be on her side.
this is the first time that i see matsujun in role that is hard to love his character and i am huge fan of him.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » May 30th, '07, 13:39

belleza this is the first time when i don`t agree with ya!always luved ur comments and your interpretations eversince i read a comment of yours about hana yori dango!

i don`t think it`s about the fact that he went on for those two weeks of internship and then he came back and"bang i wanna become a chef!come with me"!being a chef is his lifelong biggest dream and eri knew it!In Fukuoka they were like closed in a box....there was this small restaurant that they were woking on,just a few costumers and all were satisfied with anything they`d eat....but bambi saw the world out of the box the way things stand in tokyo and he realised that if he`d stay any longer in fukuoka he wouldn`t be able to advance ,he wouldn`t be able to develop as a great chef....his chance to develop his cooking skills is baccanale(sorry if i missspelled it)!so while bambi saw the world outside the"fukuoka box" eri remained behind and she`s still stuck in there..(here`s where the broke between them appeared)..she couldn`t imagine why bambi fell inlove with that place so she went there to see it for herself and then she realised that it would be very unfair of her if she wouldn`t let him go....because baccanale IS his biggest opportunity! A lifelong dream is burning u up inside and u wanna make anything necessary to see it coming true so when bambi received this huge opportunity that burning feeling he had inside grew even stronger he couldn`t overcome his desire anymore...so he made all those sacrifices...but i think that if he wouldn`t have done it,he would have regreted it all his life!

kiki

Post by kiki » May 30th, '07, 16:51

i understand by ban had to follow his dream as the conversation with his mother, we know that he a person who hate to fail at anything. He never lose, so these two week at Bacanale, eventhough he did earn little respect from everybody but he fail because didn't achieve to actually cook there. Eri can't kept there, yep he selfish but as Eri said, he know his own dream, he even said that he might not achieve his dream but he want to tried because he don't want to miss this chance. He know his limited. And for that admire of him. Most of people who are still in college, they know their own dream but sometime are too afraid to venture to it, he can do, blindly but i admire him for doing it, Eri can't really kept him there, even if he agree to stay with her now, later he would find a way to go. but i still don't understand why they had to broke, yep, they could both work toward their dream but could still be together. I agree with belldeza that if karina and ban date, it would doesn't go good, as i would rather they support each other. I like them together as the had really nice chemistry but with this situation, i rather he go back with is girlfriend even if i don't like his girlfriend.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 30th, '07, 19:02

kiki wrote:i understand by ban had to follow his dream as the conversation with his mother, we know that he a person who hate to fail at anything. He never lose, so these two week at Bacanale, eventhough he did earn little respect from everybody but he fail because didn't achieve to actually cook there. Eri can't kept there, yep he selfish but as Eri said, he know his own dream, he even said that he might not achieve his dream but he want to tried because he don't want to miss this chance. He know his limited. And for that admire of him. Most of people who are still in college, they know their own dream but sometime are too afraid to venture to it, he can do, blindly but i admire him for doing it, Eri can't really kept him there, even if he agree to stay with her now, later he would find a way to go. but i still don't understand why they had to broke, yep, they could both work toward their dream but could still be together. I agree with belldeza that if karina and ban date, it would doesn't go good, as i would rather they support each other. I like them together as the had really nice chemistry but with this situation, i rather he go back with is girlfriend even if i don't like his girlfriend.
I think they will get back together. At least I hope, because they actually seemed like they liked each other alot. I think after Eri went to Baccanale, she realized why Ban wanted to go back. She let him go to Tokyo. I think she had her own life and dreams too back at Fukuoka, so I think she did what was the best for both of them. *sigh* how weird is that things that are good aren't usually great. I wonder if Ban was glad or angry at Eri letting him go.....

In other news... It's Wednesday!! You know what that means ;). *goes to the tracker to check*

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » May 31st, '07, 15:55

Regarding Ep.7...
Looks like Karina and Ban will not have a romantic relationship after all. Well, that's fine. As long as the two of them continue interacting with each other :D

Can some kind soul who can speak Japanese tell me what the whole competition thing was about? Was that Hayoma guy (at least, that's how his name sounded) a previous chef of Baccanale who defected or something?

Looking forward to seeing Ban's tussle with the weirdo guy next ep!

kiki

Post by kiki » May 31st, '07, 16:11

gemtsoi wrote:Regarding Ep.7...
Looks like Karina and Ban will not have a romantic relationship after all. Well, that's fine. As long as the two of them continue interacting with each other :D

Can some kind soul who can speak Japanese tell me what the whole competition thing was about? Was that Hayoma guy (at least, that's how his name sounded) a previous chef of Baccanale who defected or something?

Looking forward to seeing Ban's tussle with the weirdo guy next ep!
okay this is what i know since i read transalation only
hayoma is karina lover, he is a great chef, katori teacher, but the problem is he is a bad service since he doesn't listen to his customer. The test is to test him and ban so see who the better cook. it was him of course but ban go up another level because he consider the taste of the people around him, like some don't like salty stuff or they want their pasta to be little softer. so tsukasa said to him that what it love about. i like this ep. alot, and it getting so better to watch, ban doesn't cry in this ep. yay, i kind of annoy that he cried alot, can't wait next weeks, it looks so funny, i can't wait for it. i love the way he run up to katori and say katori san, so cute, not scare of him anymore.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Jun 1st, '07, 06:23

Episode 7...
THAT was how the show SHOULD've STARTED. It was new, exciting and great. Characters we never thought would interact interacted (Katori & Masashi, Kuwahara & Asuka)... and Ban did things right.!

I really liked this episode, and the ending was great, especially the preview that followed. I agreed Ban looked really cute when he ran up to Katori. I'm starting to understand the characters more, and they're becoming more and more human and believable. Though, I never noticed Asuka having long hair... O.o;;

I was hoping the phone call at the end be Eri, but no, although the surprise was probably better than a call from Eri to Ban.

One last thing though, Kuwahara said Ban lost, but what was the judgment on? Does anyone know? Or think they have an idea? Was it because the initial reaction wasn't as great?

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 1st, '07, 11:24

lifelong dream is burning u up inside and u wanna make anything necessary to see it coming true so when bambi received this huge opportunity that burning feeling he had inside grew even stronger he couldn`t overcome his desire anymore...so he made all those sacrifices...but i think that if he wouldn`t have done it,he would have regreted it all his life!
I have to be honest. I think the thing that most upsets me is that, in just a few episodes, Chef Baka has cried and wept and apologized more than he did in 2 seasons of HanaDan combined And for what? Not love, but PASTA! (And not even the fresh made stuff, we're talking the dried crap that fed you through college) Hmph!! Makino would be most displeased with Mr. Humingyay's priorities! And people pushing around Chef Baka, the guy whose two favorite movies are Fight Club and Purple Rain? What would your evil eyebrow mum said Mr. Baka!!

Truth is, I don't know if Baccanale really is Baka's dream. To me, he has a massive chip on his shoulder and he's obsessed about seeking approval from the first people who didn't worship his cooking. Baccanale is not a dream, but an itch he can't scratch. Then again, I think what's I like about the Bambino show. He's so sincere in his efforts that you can't help but suffer his ego, even if he's not easy to love.

That and Bambino's cast is really, really good, maybe better than what the show deserves. A lot of my favorite scenes are just the easy banter between the employees. I hope episodes 5+ opens up other romantic side stories along the way, esp. with such an attractive, well-done cast.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jun 1st, '07, 13:34

:lol :lol :lol :lol yeah he`s a softie in this show he cries a lot he`s not the domyoji that will just suck it up and don`t show any weakness whatsoever!yet in hana yori even if he was the tough type he chose love over anything....in bambi even if he`s the softie type he chose "work"over love :lol ironic isn`t it?the only thing that i didn`t agree with in bambi`s decision(but if i think it right i think it was eri`s decision not his)to break up!they could keep their relation even if they were far appart...it makes u wonder...MAYBE HIM AND ERI wasn`t meant to be!?!he chose to follow his dream because he could`t face that fire that was burning inside him to do what he really wants...and she chose to break up if he didn`t wanna stay there with her...they didn`t make a single sign that they would like to fight and maintain their relation even if they were far appart!so when u don`t fight for your love....it makes u wonder maybe it wasn`t meant to be,,,cos when u find that true real love u react exactly as domyoji did,u FIGHT for it,u give everything up for it,you`re even ready to sacrifice your life for it :mrgreen: :P
i kinda get that wibe from a possible relation with that workmate girl(can`t remember her name) :lol

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 2nd, '07, 01:06

Oh My! Next week's episode looks so good. I'm really looking forward to it :)

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Jun 2nd, '07, 02:54

belleza wrote: I have to be honest. I think the thing that most upsets me is that, in just a few episodes, Chef Baka has cried and wept and apologized more than he did in 2 seasons of HanaDan combined
Someone should count the number of times he has said "sorry" so far :D I think on average, at least 10 times per episode.

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jun 2nd, '07, 11:00

tsk, aw, come on people, let's not compare doumyouji with bambi... two VERY different characters, have nothing to do with each other, other than the fact that they happened to be played by the same actor... :roll
I think jun-kun is doing a good job by the way.

Anyway, my take on the whole beak-up thing: Eri, bless her soul, knows that ban-chan is the type of boy (note that I say boy instead of man or guy) who won't give his best if he's preoccupied with stuff that has nothing to do with the task at hand, that is, if he's worrying about her, he won't put his all into becoming a decent chef. She knows that's his dream, she wants him to succeed. Simple as that. Eri is great and ban-chan doesn't deserve such a girlfriend, or such a cool mum as the one he's got. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

On the other hand, I think ban's relationship with the chef girl is going to be just friendship, or I hope so... I get tired of always seeing the "a guy and a girl can't be friend cause it always has to turn into a romance thing" cliché... let them just be friend,s please.

Meanwhile, I really like how the whole "bambino" issue is being played, how one starts to realize one's dream, how it will affect your work, and the lengths we have to go to in order to achieve what we want.

On a side note: I soooooooo agree with belleza with the
PASTA! (And not even the fresh made stuff, we're talking the dried crap that fed you through college
thing!
I hoped that the producers would realized that an elite restaurant like Baccanale ( I'm guessing that's what they were going for anyway) would never serve processed pasta, but home-made pasta, they would have a pasta-made-from-scratch expert or something at the very least!
I wonder where they get their tortellini, or ravioli, if they even serve that at the restaurant. Or how about some lasagna? who makes that? :whistling: XD XD XD

PS: I friking love the desserts dude.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jun 2nd, '07, 11:43

Eri, bless her soul, knows that ban-chan is the type of boy (note that I say boy instead of man or guy) who won't give his best if he's preoccupied with stuff that has nothing to do with the task at hand, that is, if he's worrying about her, he won't put his all into becoming a decent chef. She knows that's his dream, she wants him to succeed.
i like this explanation....but don`t u think that bambi would`ve given his best even if she would still be his gf?he would`ve left happily with the thought that at least she accepted his decission and she`s supporting him even if she`s not going to go with him,at least they didn`t break up and they`ll try and make the relation work even if they`re far appart?i think that the fact that they broke up and the fact that he gave up his studies to go and work at baccanale puts a lot of pressure upon him!Cos there he is he gave up everything and he still doesn`t know if he can achieve his dream...there was that enthusiasm at first and it didn`t matter for him what he gave up in order to see his dream come true but there came times of insecurity....where he did wonder"is it worth it?"!that`s why he was so upset when the chef told him that he`ll be working as a waiter...He gave up everything for his dream and he wanted to see that it was worth it as soon as possible...he became suffocated by his desire to achieve his dream!BUT now he`s alright :lol he`s learned to take things one at the time...he calmed down a little and by doing that he came to see some important things too...he discovered that "Ai" that the Cappo Camerriere(hope i spelled it right cos yet again i can`t remember his name :lol i really have problems with names :lol ) tiold him about! :P

kiki

Post by kiki » Jun 2nd, '07, 14:47

people who want to watch ep. 6 with sub go to arashi vox, she just finish sub ep. 6 and start process on 7. horray.

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Jun 4th, '07, 14:55

Ep7 was so good =O
although im kinda disappointed that Asuka and Ban wont be possible =(
The ending of the ep was so unpredictable too XD i cant wait for the next release <3

kiki

Post by kiki » Jun 4th, '07, 17:21

yep, ep. 7 was very good, i actually love it alot, i had few ep that i love in bambino 3,4,6,7 and i can't wait to see next ep.
i think most of people here don't want karina and ban to get together. they want him to go back with his girlfriend. I think karina and ban should only have friendship relationship. he is still on process of trying hard for his future, so i don't think he should think about that kind of thing. so funny both in ep. 6 and ep. 7 that they list out all his fault, they compliment him then bash h im, his face so funny.

michelle_moraes

Post by michelle_moraes » Jun 7th, '07, 01:30

I just watched up to episode 6, and man I just like the drama. Although Bambi sure cries a lot! Sometimes I just wanna say "come on man, get a hold of yourself and get busy!!" ^__^ '

kiki

Post by kiki » Jun 7th, '07, 01:47

i finished ep. 8, great, i totally love ban and the desert cook. the way they interact is so funny and cool. i wouldn't mind him become a desert chef.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jun 7th, '07, 07:20

kiki-chan from where did u get ep 8?cos i searched through the torrent section and it wasn`t posted yet! :cry: