[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
foofeh

Post by foofeh » Apr 16th, '07, 23:33

windjp has it. ^_^

japanesegrl

Post by japanesegrl » Apr 16th, '07, 23:46

lilsh0rtnancy,

here's the link for the clubbox:

http://box2.clubbox.co.kr:8037/app/down ... 7&from=OUT

Missaness

Post by Missaness » Apr 16th, '07, 23:48

Well, I just finished it and I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't quite understand all the words, but I got most of them.

What I liked most, was the way they added those scenes that make you laugh at the screen, and then how it does have it's serious-type moments. I can't wait to see more of it. ^__^

I'm too lazy to recap it so I'll leave the spoler button alone >>

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Apr 17th, '07, 00:03

is there someone gonna do this in soft subs?

loveWG

Post by loveWG » Apr 17th, '07, 03:15

Gahhh I dunno whether to dl RAW or not if Love Song is releasing hardsubbed version!

I want to watch it nowwww :goggle:

Spoutnik

Post by Spoutnik » Apr 17th, '07, 03:21

So good! Can't wait to see more.

japanesegrl

Post by japanesegrl » Apr 17th, '07, 03:30

loveWG if u dont want to d/l it yet. u can watch it here:

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/

Enjoy..

fishy

Post by fishy » Apr 17th, '07, 06:17

Yatta :cheers: finally i watch it. interesting !! even actually i roughly understand whats going on :wub: he is so adorable, the way he runs ..*melting* he looks good and im so excited to see him more

2RR

Post by 2RR » Apr 17th, '07, 08:14

I hope they release softsubs for this. :|

Lay

Post by Lay » Apr 17th, '07, 09:01

Yeah me too T-T
The first episode just finished.. I wnna see iiiiiit!!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 17th, '07, 13:00

I really don't like YamaP, but the first episode was awesome! Really original story and good flow. That main background music was absolutely inspiring, and piano version was really touching.

Definitely gonna follow this series :thumright:

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Apr 17th, '07, 13:11

i'm surprised btpig doesn't yet have this? r they even subbing it?

2RR

Post by 2RR » Apr 17th, '07, 13:25

I just finished watching it raw and it was really really good...I really hope someone would do the english softsubs for this series. PLEASE ANYONE?!

Deleted User 100869

Post by Deleted User 100869 » Apr 17th, '07, 15:39

I'm sure they will release subs for this sooner or later, it has recieved such popularity, ne? :lol I'm looking forward to seeing it really badly, but I don't like watching the RAW before the subs come out because it ruins it for me. So I will patiently wait, and go watch Kurosagi some more!

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Apr 17th, '07, 18:55

It was great, it deserves it's high rating! :cheers: I can't wait for subs so I can watch it again...and yay for Yamapi hehe!

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » Apr 17th, '07, 20:16

I just watched the raw on VEOH, it's so cute!!!! Didn't understand a word, but now I can wait patiently for the subs, thanks for your hard work....

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Apr 18th, '07, 01:37

who will sub this series? :P

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 18th, '07, 01:41

love song is subbing this, hardsub..

TG3

Post by TG3 » Apr 18th, '07, 01:45

I watched it really quick the first time and didn't think much of it. Then I watched it again and found it's a a rather painful story of regret. I think this will be the "weepy" romantic comedy of the season.

mannie511

Post by mannie511 » Apr 18th, '07, 02:37

I just watched it. I was quite impress with the story, the idea of changing the past linked with the pictures. but i'm worried it'll get a bit too repetitive though. first ep was a good intro though, can't wait for 2nd ep.

daelite

Post by daelite » Apr 18th, '07, 04:05

Really~ enjoyed this first episode. It had its fun moments and a few heartwrenching ones too!
It's really hard to watch Ken in mental anguish at the wedding as he watches the girl of his dreams leave him forever :-(
I'm really interested to see where they go with this series.
Also, it seems like Hiraoka Yuuta's role of Mikio (tall friend with glasses) seems a lot like his one in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi as Ayuta...

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Apr 18th, '07, 05:59

I'm just too excited to see this. I hope the subs come out soon. :-)

shui chan

Post by shui chan » Apr 18th, '07, 19:04

Ther will be any soft sub? >:
I hope so' cuz I had download the RAW.~
Last edited by shui chan on Apr 19th, '07, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Apr 18th, '07, 21:07

I cant wait to watch this!!!! :D
How's Yamapi in this serie???

Cinthia Style

Post by Cinthia Style » Apr 19th, '07, 02:35

i wonder if yamapi is going to be in that wedding looking at those pictres and going back in time 'till the end of the drama @.@

ena

Amazing start of the drama!

Post by ena » Apr 19th, '07, 03:42

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Loved the first episode of Prodai, Yamapi is hot and cute as usual. Can't help to recall his kawaii mimics from Nobuta wo Produce, but he looks different in this drama.
Waiting, waiting and waiting for more episodes.... :lol

Just wonder what will happen throughout the series... :whistling:

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 19th, '07, 03:51

Cinthia Style wrote:i wonder if yamapi is going to be in that wedding looking at those pictres and going back in time 'till the end of the drama @.@
I think it will. Almost like conclusion-per-episode, I'm guessing. It would be pretty low if he gets the girl by cheating (going back to time) though...

Not very likely, but I hope all attempts fail, but he realizes how much he loves her and try to win her back or something.
Although she can't be married, so he has to cheat a little :lol

nalika

Post by nalika » Apr 19th, '07, 04:17

watch episode 1 not understanding a word but can pretty figure what going on....Love Yamapi, he's so cute

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Apr 19th, '07, 04:33

omg ii dont think ii can wait till ii see yamapi again
so excited to see my love

Lay

Post by Lay » Apr 19th, '07, 08:34

YamaPi is a suit... How hot is that! xD
With his little cute face ...Waa~~

cebusnacker

Post by cebusnacker » Apr 20th, '07, 06:52

AWWWWWWWWWWWW MMMMMMMYYYYY GOOOOODDD YAMAFREAKINGPI sooooo delicious!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll :roll :wub: :wub: :mrgreen: yoo man watchin this xD soo happy new doramas comin out yay!!

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Apr 20th, '07, 08:33

this drama is not bad i think....

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Apr 20th, '07, 20:11

not bad!!! IT's AWESOME! I had to watch the whole spidoe again because Yamapi is so cute ^^

doasan

Post by doasan » Apr 20th, '07, 20:15

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Pi smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD....hahhaa damn he looks so pretty in this drama..I Love U Pi!

uma

Post by uma » Apr 20th, '07, 20:21

when does this come out with subs?! I can hardly wait! I dont think I dare watch the Raw.....

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Apr 20th, '07, 21:25

i hope we'll see him in a school uniform in the next episode... :wub:

tangledplugs27

Post by tangledplugs27 » Apr 20th, '07, 21:42

yeah. does any one know if someone is fansubbing this?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 20th, '07, 22:59

FantasyAngel

Post by FantasyAngel » Apr 22nd, '07, 23:10

Alright. Now that I've got the soft subs I've finally watched it! YAY!!

All I can say is that I am crazily excited for this drama, the first episode was really good! It's very romantic which I love and Yampai is such an adorable actor!

Go Ken! <3

uma

Post by uma » Apr 23rd, '07, 00:56

OH MY FREAKIN' GOSH! I am so super excited to watch this drama! I finally figured out how to do the soft subs! :roll you dont know how pleased I am bout that. I am so super excited to watch it. :D

Cinthia Style

Post by Cinthia Style » Apr 23rd, '07, 01:00

where did ya got the softsubs??

uma

Post by uma » Apr 23rd, '07, 01:21

on the proposal dai soft sub thread..... I messed up and only got to watch the first 7 minutes :cry: and know I am waiting for the full raw to dowload...ITS TAKING FOREVER. I am going to die here and now.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 23rd, '07, 03:27

yay finally this thread opened up to me ahaha.

so guys, wanna talk about thoughts on prodai?:D

sherman

Post by sherman » Apr 23rd, '07, 03:34

Thanks so much for the postings!!! I'm waiting for it.

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 23rd, '07, 07:02

My firt post in this thread?
Okay, I basically already gave out all my thoughts on Prodai (first episode) in Pi's thread (wrong place, I know. Gomen~~ m(_ _)m )

one thing I could tell you now, I can't wait to see the second episode. In 5 more hours it will air in Japan (lucky you!!) and maybe in 12 more hours I could start downloading the RAW. \(^-^)/

yakuruto_kun

Post by yakuruto_kun » Apr 23rd, '07, 07:35

I can express the reason why this is a GREAT series with just two words: Nagasawa Masami, and as a wonderful bonus Eikura Nana.
IMHO this is so far the best "light/bright" drama this season, while Watashitachi no Kyoukasho is the best "heavy/dark" one.

I liked the "change the pic" idea and I'm already picturing a possible situation near the end, when enough changes have been made, but in the meantime I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy every single episode of this show.
Just a little while 'till ep 2 is available... can't wait...

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Apr 23rd, '07, 09:44

^^ Looking at the comment above, I love your little idea about enough changes being made in the end. Makes me hope that what I think you are thinking is really what happens. First I was afraid they were just going to make him do the baseball thing over and over again until he got the homerun, but I'm guessing they are going to take random moments and make him redo them to win her over.

I just love this drama and the cast. I have seen the entire main cast in some other drama that I absolutely loved, so obviously I couldn't have asked for a better group.

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 23rd, '07, 11:11

I can express the reason why this is a GREAT series with just two words: Nagasawa Masami,
Oh definitely, Masami is a regular scene-stealer, often outacting her teenage and adult costars. Her whole acting style is "thinking in character." For every line is written on the script, she'll add unsaid 5 (often cynical or dark) thoughts to give context to her character. This gives her glances and movements a nuance and depth that can't be directed. And nobody's better at conveying to the audience the act of saying one thing and yet thinking something else entirely.

What I like about this role, though, is that it lets her play off her Nanako-Matsushima-ultimate-girl-friend-next-door commercial image, which she hasn't really done in any of her TV or movie roles. Really applies to both characters -- Yamapi is the junai hero that his fans have wanted for years, and Masami playing a bride is kinda the wish fullfillment of his "top-10 girlfriend" status among the 15-35 set. I thought they had good chemistry in Dragon Zakura.

And her part is the perfect foil for Yamapi. I loved the looks her character was giving through the entire episode. She gets to play up the girl-next-door part, while keeping her character's feelings in a puzzle. And that is an ideal part for Masami, ambivalent feelings and winsome thoughts wrapped in a smile. You can feel her affection for him -- you can tell they never really talked about "it", and "it" is probably those long stories you share and sigh with your girlfriends when talking about "those days" . . . and then spend the rest of the day, alone, feeling that sad happiness which comes with the school days. Ah, junai love, ain't it grand? ;)

I've read that the first episode's gotten some negative feedback . . . but I don't know, I honestly thought that was well written, very crowd pleasing, and very well produced, among the best debuts I've seen in a long, long time. It's gotten friggin Southern All-Stars soul splattered all over the music; how can you NOT love that?!?

Yamapi's pretty good in this episode. It's like a cross between Akira and his ongoing Takuya Kimura impression. One minute he's pursing in his lips like he sucked on a supersour (this is apparently required by all Johnny's boys), and the other he's doing that Nobuta Power thing to go back in time. Oh and he looks absolutely debonair in that suit.
I loved the speech Ken gave Rei. Beautifully, beautifully written, and I loved how she kinda misted up over it.

But what really got me with the show was how, basically, the episode basically distilled an Adachi baseball drama into 20 minutes. You got the supportive, childhood baseball manager friend. You got the baseball genius/screw-up who promises to take his girl to Koshien. You got the "are they or aren't they?" question between the two friends. You got the wacky sidekicks, the cheerleading stands, and 5:30pm sunsets. Holy crap dude, this is H2TouchRough all done in 20 minutes!

Really love the chemistry.
I really enjoyed the writing here, it's playing out like a junai story filtered through It's a Wonderful Life. Like all first-love lost heroes, there's very specific moments and images that he wishes he can correct. But, the story seems to already be suggesting that maybe he got that all wrong too. Maybe it wasn't about those moments; maybe it was about him not really understanding her during those moments. He didn't get it then; he doesn't get it now.
I loved that bit of irony with the first pieosde. In his mind, he was so sure that this particular memory was a turning point in their relationship. It turned out it wasn't. Whether he scored or not, whether he or his buddy got the out, whether in that memory she was sad or smiling, it didn't really matter. The one thing he didn't pick up was the message she was sending him while they talked on the bleachers. Recollecting the last time he had promised her to take her to Koshien, she essentially tells him "everytime i believe in you, you let me down. but i believe in you anyway because this is who we are. do you get it Ken?" (That's a very Adachi story) He doesn't realize it; he can't yet decipher what she is saying to him, or what she feels about them.

And then, ironically, when they go to the next slide -- he doesn't remember the picture, but she does. THAT moment must have been important to her. He may have never thought about how she felt about him; he may have never thought about what and why it was most important. Did he really understand her at all? Does he understand her now?

And that's the crux of junai love stories. Junai love stories like to put one great moment or one sickness or one somthing as the defining moment or turning point in a relationship. But that's not really reality -- often our actions reflect who we are; our relationships also reflect who we are to each other. Whatever did or didn't happen between Ken and Rei reflected who they were to each other. The crux is, if and when Ken understands what he really meant to her, will that change anything? Would that have made any difference but give him peace of mind? How fatalistic will this love story be?

One last thing: hey, isn't that dude kinda old for Rei? As in, Sean Connery too old for her?!?
Overall, very promising. And my hunch is that this is going to consistently do better than 18-19 in ratings. The story hook seems fresh, the chemistry is really on, and everybody is really beautiful. Even that little bloke is cuteness.

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Apr 23rd, '07, 12:39

belleza wrote:
I can express the reason why this is a GREAT series with just two words: Nagasawa Masami,
Oh definitely, Masami is a regular scene-stealer, often outacting her teenage and adult costars. Her whole acting style is "thinking in character." For every line is written on the script, she'll add unsaid 5 (often cynical or dark) thoughts to give context to her character. This gives her glances and movements a nuance and depth that can't be directed. And nobody's better at conveying to the audience the act of saying one thing and yet thinking something else entirely.

What I like about this role, though, is that it lets her play off her Nanako-Matsushima-ultimate-girl-friend-next-door commercial image, which she hasn't really done in any of her TV or movie roles. Really applies to both characters -- Yamapi is the junai hero that his fans have wanted for years, and Masami playing a bride is kinda the wish fullfillment of his "top-10 girlfriend" status among the 15-35 set. I thought they had good chemistry in Dragon Zakura.

And her part is the perfect foil for Yamapi. I loved the looks her character was giving through the entire episode. She gets to play up the girl-next-door part, while keeping her character's feelings in a puzzle. And that is an ideal part for Masami, ambivalent feelings and winsome thoughts wrapped in a smile. You can feel her affection for him -- you can tell they never really talked about "it", and "it" is probably those long stories you share and sigh with your girlfriends when talking about "those days" . . . and then spend the rest of the day, alone, feeling that sad happiness which comes with the school days. Ah, junai love, ain't it grand? ;)

I've read that the first episode's gotten some negative feedback . . . but I don't know, I honestly thought that was well written, very crowd pleasing, and very well produced, among the best debuts I've seen in a long, long time. It's gotten friggin Southern All-Stars soul splattered all over the music; how can you NOT love that?!?

Yamapi's pretty good in this episode. It's like a cross between Akira and his ongoing Takuya Kimura impression. One minute he's pursing in his lips like he sucked on a supersour (this is apparently required by all Johnny's boys), and the other he's doing that Nobuta Power thing to go back in time. Oh and he looks absolutely debonair in that suit.
I loved the speech Ken gave Rei. Beautifully, beautifully written, and I loved how she kinda misted up over it.

But what really got me with the show was how, basically, the episode basically distilled an Adachi baseball drama into 20 minutes. You got the supportive, childhood baseball manager friend. You got the baseball genius/screw-up who promises to take his girl to Koshien. You got the "are they or aren't they?" question between the two friends. You got the wacky sidekicks, the cheerleading stands, and 5:30pm sunsets. Holy crap dude, this is H2TouchRough all done in 20 minutes!

Really love the chemistry.
I really enjoyed the writing here, it's playing out like a junai story filtered through It's a Wonderful Life. Like all first-love lost heroes, there's very specific moments and images that he wishes he can correct. But, the story seems to already be suggesting that maybe he got that all wrong too. Maybe it wasn't about those moments; maybe it was about him not really understanding her during those moments. He didn't get it then; he doesn't get it now.
I loved that bit of irony with the first pieosde. In his mind, he was so sure that this particular memory was a turning point in their relationship. It turned out it wasn't. Whether he scored or not, whether he or his buddy got the out, whether in that memory she was sad or smiling, it didn't really matter. The one thing he didn't pick up was the message she was sending him while they talked on the bleachers. Recollecting the last time he had promised her to take her to Koshien, she essentially tells him "everytime i believe in you, you let me down. but i believe in you anyway because this is who we are. do you get it Ken?" (That's a very Adachi story) He doesn't realize it; he can't yet decipher what she is saying to him, or what she feels about them.

And then, ironically, when they go to the next slide -- he doesn't remember the picture, but she does. THAT moment must have been important to her. He may have never thought about how she felt about him; he may have never thought about what and why it was most important. Did he really understand her at all? Does he understand her now?

And that's the crux of junai love stories. Junai love stories like to put one great moment or one sickness or one somthing as the defining moment or turning point in a relationship. But that's not really reality -- often our actions reflect who we are; our relationships also reflect who we are to each other. Whatever did or didn't happen between Ken and Rei reflected who they were to each other. The crux is, if and when Ken understands what he really meant to her, will that change anything? Would that have made any difference but give him peace of mind? How fatalistic will this love story be?

One last thing: hey, isn't that dude kinda old for Rei? As in, Sean Connery too old for her?!?
Overall, very promising. And my hunch is that this is going to consistently do better than 18-19 in ratings. The story hook seems fresh, the chemistry is really on, and everybody is really beautiful. Even that little bloke is cuteness.
Great Analysis! I agree 150% =)

darkchrno

Post by darkchrno » Apr 23rd, '07, 13:29

hmm i screwed up myself :O
at 1st i downloaded the RAW then i heck the jdrama fan sub map theres only hardsub from lovesong(yeah dont kno wads wrong with me XD)
then i deleted the RAW looking forward for hardsub O.o
now i have no idea where to get the harsubbed version.
hielp! :O or still not yet released? :pale:

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 23rd, '07, 13:31

Hardsub version is not released yet. Prolly tomorrow (my time, anyway).

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 23rd, '07, 14:42

you should've kept the raw..because there is softsubs for it..lol

anime76

Post by anime76 » Apr 23rd, '07, 14:46

Since the above post has given a very good analysis on the story, i'll try one on Ken.
My impression is that Ken has never ever given all his best in anything he does (based on what Rei said at the bench). Since he does not know how much time he will have each time to change a photo, he is force to give it his best to change the situation.

It is not so much as in changing events but changing what he expressed to Rei. You get the feeling that they are old friends but somehow there is an invisible wall between them. Ken just does not know communicate his feelings.

At this moment, Rei could still end up married to other guy. But hey, the best part is how hard Ken will try to express himself.

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 23rd, '07, 18:04

@anime76Offline:
It is not so much as in changing events but changing what he expressed to Rei. You get the feeling that they are old friends but somehow there is an invisible wall between them. Ken just does not know communicate his feelings.
Very much so. I think Rei and Ken see their relationship differently. Ken was probably pretty comfortable with how things were until she met her guy. She on the other hand probably carried more complex feelings. On one hand, maybe she was waiting for him to confess. On the other, maybe she felt a long time ago that he would probably break her heart, because he doesn't seem to do anything with his whole zeal.

After the game, she conveyed to Ken how disappointed she was in the loss. And yet she also conveyed to Ken that she was happy that he actually took a chance, really gave it his all. And above all, she said that she really thought he would cross the plate. Another way of saying this is she truly believe if Ken tried, he could have anything.

Much credit to the writing between Rei and Ken. Notice how, even though Ken does get his 2nd shot, he reflexively goes back to old habits. After his loss -- and it's not as if this loss is anything new -- he doesn't try to seek or reach out Rei, even remembering how disappointed she was as their manager. When they talk, there isn't that "oh my God this is my second chance" light that's set off. I seriously wanted to choke Ken, beautiful beautiful Ken. :D

And again, kudos to Masami for bringing nuances to her character. At this point, we're not quite sure how she feels toward him. When she says she's neither close nor distant from Ken, she says it with a mix of resignation and matter-of-fact shrug. She herself doesn't see an end to their friendship and seems content with leaving it as is, even if she's not quite happy with Ken as she lets up.

Or to put it another way: Ken wished he confessed his love when he had a chance <-- that's the setup for junai. Rei wished Ken would change and grow up <-- that's the reality he doesn't yet see. She isn't waiting for him to return her affection; she's waiting for him to be the man she wanted him to be. And because there's that disconnect, he doesn't really see how he affected her all along, when he made her angry, when he made her happy.
My impression is that Ken has never ever given all his best in anything he does (based on what Rei said at the bench). Since he does not know how much time he will have each time to change a photo, he is force to give it his best to change the situation.
Definitely. And it goes back to his speech talking about he always thought things would go on like this forever. (We all kinda think like that before 1 Litre of Tears shellshocks us. ;) ) Telling is her reaction shot, and this is another example of why I love Masami's acting. She starts tearing up -- she's deeply, deeply moved, but I think there's also a slight tinge of old anger or frustration there. As if she's saying "why didn't you do anything? why couldn't you see what was in front of you?"

Lay

Post by Lay » Apr 23rd, '07, 19:56

I've just wached it.. Oh my god!
I loved it!
Hallelujah Chance! Like Akira will Do!
I laugh when i saw pi smoking... xD

Thanks for the soft sbus ^3^

Aheda

Post by Aheda » Apr 24th, '07, 00:07

belleza : With regards to your first hidden point.
It kinda cracked me up during that scene, considering how SIMILAR it is to TOUCH (I've only watched the movie.. but yeah.. very similar plot)..
Not to mention the girl in TOUCH is.. ALSO Nagasawa Masami..
Except she sports a baseball helmet in that one and looks a lot better.. (she was younger in TOUCH.. her grin is now a bit too wrinkled.. makes her look much older than she really is.) :P

phramc

Post by phramc » Apr 24th, '07, 01:10

I think Rei truly has feelings for Ken deep down, well obviously, but I think Ken not being able to communicate his feelings kind of unassures her. I think she was worried that things wouldn't work out or something like that. He definately has communication problems but when he gave his speech I think we saw the most feeling. You could really tell he loved her and truly cherishes her. I think she's been waiting for him, but since he never did anything she decided to move on. There's love there but she's masking it so she doesn't get hurt.
Pi is SOOO hot when he's late for the wedding. :wub: Hallelujah Chance....akira days!!

yakuruto_kun

Post by yakuruto_kun » Apr 24th, '07, 08:48

Just watched the second episode
and I feel REALLY frustrated.
There's no way it Ken would heve been succesful on the second episodes, but the way the story turned, that guy being the one who erased Ken's message and how he seemed to be very important to Ken is really irritating... I´ve only felt like this twice watching drama, this is the third time :blink

Anyway, the whole series is based in how stupid Ken was for not realizing what he had until he lost it, so this mixed bittersweet emotions are bound to appear once in a while I guess, feeling sorry for how desperate he is for getting Rei back but at the same time hating him for being so dumb when it comes to his relationship with her... despite the fact girls seem to make a great effort to make things difficult anyway, even in real life :p

Girls... gotta love'em :wub:

But at least, from my point of view, whatever the series end is like, in the end all this "second chances" Ken is getting hopefully will make him a more emotionally mature person.
I'm tempted to wait till the end of the series to watch all episodes one after another and avoid a whole anxious-feeling week... but I'm weak and need my Nagasawa fix

yllsen

Post by yllsen » Apr 24th, '07, 09:56

I just finished watching episode 1 of Proposal Daisakusen and i was moved. I know a few Japanese words but then watching the show, fluent in Nihonggo or not, I understood it. I mean with the looks they gave each other during the wedding ceremony was enough to tell me that they regret what is happening now. The speech yamaP gave, his facial expression was enough to tell me that his heart is breaking.

The whole episode was overflowing with emotions and my heart just broke seeing the two of them casting each other little glances once in a while.

Read at your own risk... my opinion...
I was kinda wondering, what if all was just a dream, Rei's wedding with the other guy i mean. What if Ken is just having a bad dream and everything that is happening is untrue, maybe in reality he is the supposed to wed Rei. What do you think people?

anime76

Post by anime76 » Apr 24th, '07, 17:13

@belleza
i agree with you. Masami is really good at facial expression. a slight change in her facial expression does conveys a lot of meaning.

It is my opinion that she does have feelings for Ken. However Ken's actions (not being serious about things & not confesing to her) probably made her partially gave up on him (partial cause Rei still keep glancing at Ken at the wedding). They are friends that have not cross the line. The barier that stops them from expression themselves & thus chance ruining the friendship is strong. Combination of these factors probably push her to accept another man's feelings. Thus leading to her marriage to the groom.

On the other hand, Ken follows typical of human action - not realizing how precious what they have until they lot it. He thought he would have all the time in the world to confess. Since he did not have the guts to confess before, he won't have the guts to confess after Rei is with someone else. Typical of a guy, he does not realize how small things/actions would change Rei's feelings towareds him.
@yllsen
hm... interesting idea but i don't think it is a dream. Won't it be sad & frustrating for him to wake to find that any changes he made was just a dream and Rei will still be marrying the other guy?

yllsen

Post by yllsen » Apr 24th, '07, 20:36

anime76 wrote:@belleza
i agree with you. Masami is really good at facial expression. a slight change in her facial expression does conveys a lot of meaning.

It is my opinion that she does have feelings for Ken. However Ken's actions (not being serious about things & not confesing to her) probably made her partially gave up on him (partial cause Rei still keep glancing at Ken at the wedding). They are friends that have not cross the line. The barier that stops them from expression themselves & thus chance ruining the friendship is strong. Combination of these factors probably push her to accept another man's feelings. Thus leading to her marriage to the groom.

On the other hand, Ken follows typical of human action - not realizing how precious what they have until they lot it. He thought he would have all the time in the world to confess. Since he did not have the guts to confess before, he won't have the guts to confess after Rei is with someone else. Typical of a guy, he does not realize how small things/actions would change Rei's feelings towareds him.
@yllsen
hm... interesting idea but i don't think it is a dream. Won't it be sad & frustrating for him to wake to find that any changes he made was just a dream and Rei will still be marrying the other guy?
@anime76
what i meant was in reality ken is gonna marry rei and the things happening now(the changing the pictures thing including Rei's marriage with the other guy) is nothing but bad dream

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Apr 24th, '07, 21:14

yakuruto_kun wrote:I can express the reason why this is a GREAT series with just two words: Nagasawa Masami,.
I love this series and really think overall it is the best drama this season, and Nagasawa Masami is terrific. She was also very good in the movie Nada So So if you get a chance to see it.

phramc

Post by phramc » Apr 24th, '07, 21:33

debating about watching 2 raw or not. AHH does anyone have an idea when subs come out? soft subs or hard subs.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 24th, '07, 23:33

Ep2 is AWESOME!!

Really good story/music/camera work. This series might become my favorite this season :thumright:
That little figure of R. Bass with note was SO sweet. If a girl I like did something like that for me, I would've cried for sure. :P
Realizing the CD hint and finding the toy figure part was really well-directed. Possibly among the best scenes I've seen in dorama so far :w00t:

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Apr 25th, '07, 01:05

8thSin wrote:This series might become my favorite this season :thumright:
Mine too and thanks 8thSin for the Nada Sou Sou subs, the movie was awesome, Nagasawa Masami was great and so were your subtitles.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Apr 25th, '07, 02:22

You guys seriously have some great episode analysises. :) I'm not too focused on Yamapi's and Masami's relationship together because I have a feeling it'll be a happy ending, but instead, I'm wondering what sort of side-plots the producers have planned. I mean, no way can they keep a drama going with just this plot.

I'm hoping for a Mikio + Eri subplot because I think their characters go really well with each other. And they match well with each other aesthetically too.

What do you guys think?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 25th, '07, 02:34

@ yllsen: Hahaha, that would be prertty cool ending.

@ Rikayla: I think so too.
Rei was saying how she might never meet someone who loves her that much etc too in ep2 :D

Prediction:
I personally think that in the end, YamaP couldn't change anything. BUT he realizes how much he needs her and in his last try, he goes back to that picture taken in first episode at the wedding and propose to Rei right before she's about to get married.

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Apr 25th, '07, 03:02

Wow! I love reading everybody's character and plot analysis! Very interesting!

Hm... does anyone know the title of the song that Ken listened to at the end? It's really catchy!

Thanks!

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Apr 25th, '07, 03:04

He's doing it all wrong, he's gotta invest all his money in the stock market, and sporting events since he knows all the outcomes, buy himself a nice big house and boat.

LOL since its a 9-12 episode series, you always know there's going to be somesort of plot twists and turns along the line.

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Apr 25th, '07, 03:08

8thSin wrote: Prediction:
I personally think that in the end, YamaP couldn't change anything. BUT he realizes how much he needs her and in his last try, he goes back to that picture taken in first episode at the wedding and propose to Rei right before she's about to get married.
Oh man, of all the times to do that, I think then would be the worst and most unfair for Naohito's character. :P

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Apr 25th, '07, 03:34

Lady Zhuge wrote:
8thSin wrote: Prediction:
Oh man, of all the times to do that, I think then would be the worst and most unfair for Naohito's character. :P
ano... isn't it that at the time the pic was taken, they were already married? so, he cant really change anything then...

*omg yatta finally this thread opened up to me! i've been wanting to post stuff here but it seemed like i was having tech probs and wasnt able to... anyway, yatta!*

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Apr 25th, '07, 04:02

8thSin wrote:@ Rikayla: I think so too.
Rei was saying how she might never meet someone who loves her that much etc too in ep2 :D
Oh, I haven't really watched episode 2 yet, but did Rei say that or did Eri?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 25th, '07, 04:32

^ Yes.

ano... isn't it that at the time the pic was taken, they were already married? so, he cant really change anything then...
Well, so far, the pattern is: He goes back in time BEFORE the picture is taken, and returns to "present" when that picture is taken (and it's changed in the present.)

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 25th, '07, 04:37

Wow, this drama is good!I just saw 2 episodes in a row.The first episode was okay. I almost didn't want to watch any more after that, because it didn't really impress me, but after episode 2, I was hooked! can't wait for the next episode.
lilsh0rtnancy wrote:Wow! I love reading everybody's character and plot analysis! Very interesting!

Hm... does anyone know the title of the song that Ken listened to at the end? It's really catchy!

Thanks!
The title of the song is Chiisana Koi no Uta by Mongol 800.

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 25th, '07, 06:40

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:Wow! I love reading everybody's character and plot analysis! Very interesting!

Thanks!
It's ChiisanaKoi no Uta by Monpachi a.k.a Mongol 800
I think Rei said that it about Eri ans Tsuru though, not Mikio???