[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 23rd, '07, 11:02

Tada talks about how in second grade he always wanted to catch the clouds in the sky but eventually realized it was impossible. The story brings Rei to tears and Tada asks if she’s crying because his story is so boring (LOL) but she laughs and says it’s because it reminds her of something. Of course she is thinking about Ken. That is an intresting analogy of their "releationship" between them. Like, I said before Tada told Rei what she wanted to hear. Thus ending the chapter of Ken
Comments?

I think the turning point will have to be around Episode 9 or 10. Unfortunately we have to let things play out.
However, according to the preview of episode 7 Tada will make his move with Rei and confess to her. (the look on her face was a look of surpise) In the next scene it appears that Rei is running to/ or from something in her Kimono and Ken is running behind her. Finally the last thing Ken says is that I think this is the last time I will time slip. Well last week we saw episode 6's preview but the episode didn't turn out the way we expected it to. So hopefully this will be the case with episode 7.
I am very intrested in Tsuru and Eri storyline. I agree with everyone Tsuru looks very sad in that picture and where in the hell is Eri?
Also when a Japanese lady turns 20 that is a very very very important time in her life. That is her "coming of age" ceremony which normally is spent with friends. A simple missunderstanding between Rei and Ken left both of them lonely. I mean Ken even had champaine in the bag to mark the ocassion and all Tada could offer was coffee. When Rei was reading that letter I knew deep down that they are going to "miss each other" I was hoping beyond hope that wouldn't be the case. Like I said earlier it seems like Tada was going waaaay out his way to "help" Rei and I hope the episode 7 will shed some light on how long Tada had feelings for Rei. I am guess around when they first met.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 23rd, '07, 15:38

joeboygo wrote: Let me see if I get your argument right. You seem to be saying that Tada wasn't acting appropriately for his age and status, and that's what makes it ok for him to hit on Rei. His emotional retardation placed him on the same developmental level as, or even lower than, his students, who were six years his junior. He was therefore functionally Rei's peer, and that makes her fair game.

Hmm.That doesn't really sell me on the concept of Tada+Rei. All that tells me is that there's more than one way to spell the word "loser." If he isn't Svengali then he's Algernon. Remember, when he overtly put the moves on Rei, he was her college advisor, someone she relied upon for advice and guidance. There's at least a conflict of interest there, no? Who can say he wasn't "working" her the whole time he was supposed to be giving professorly advice? Most academic codes of conduct here in the US would deem Tada's behavior predatory. Is it fair to say the show is making tidy and pretty what is usually a despicable thing in real life?

Over-analyze away.
I think you've already managed to over-analyze in your own way. Or at least to over-rationalize your position.

I don't consider Tada a loser at all for not immediately hitting a homerun on his first student teacher assignment. He was basically a student himself at the time, learning how to be a teacher. That's why I do consider him closer to a peer to them than an authority in that instance. Loser is in the eye of the beholder, and I don't consider Tada any more a loser for having vulnerabilities and flaws than any of the other characters. Ken messes up all the time, but I still love him too. By the time Tada becomes her college advisor, they have a pre-existiing friendship. He's not working her by helping her get a job that leads to a good career chance for her.

Being friendly with young teachers is really common in college. We used to go out drinking with our GTAs some weekends. My history professor did marry a woman he'd known during her time as a student after her graduation. They were married for over twenty years already by the time I met them. The world isn't painted in black and white.

Tada's not giving her good grades in return for sexual favors. He's not using his status as a sensei to force unwanted advances on her under threat of using his influence to harm her academic career. He's not pushing her into getting married at a ridiculously young age even. By the time they get married she's 23 and has graduated! My mother married my father at that age, and they have the same age spread.

If Rei had ever turned him down, Tada is clearly the type to back off. He's not harrassing her. He's not stalking her. She and her friends actually invite him places with them. And since she's marrying him in the beginning, his advances sure don't seem completely unwanted.

A "despicable thing in real life"? I've had to go to court to testify against a stalker before, and I can tell you first hand that "predatory" behavior is completely different from what we're seeing in the Rei/Tada relationship. To be honest I find that assertion insulting to anyone who has ever been the victim of real predatory behavior. Try being stalked by the man who was your divorce attorney, being cornered in the coat check room of a club with your stalker blocking the door, or being chased through a dark parking lot in the snow then having to worry the whole way home whether you're being followed to your house, or having that person drive by your home and office every 15 minutes, having items stolen from your home, the stalker trying to use your daughter as leverage against you, unwanted presents being sent to your office despite you declining the deliveries, feeling physically sick every day at the thought of what that person will do next... yeah, I know something about predatory behavior.

I can honestly say that there is a huge difference between reciprocated feelings between two individuals and predation. (Regardless, of social postion or age gaps.)

@ Graymouse
In the next scene it appears that Rei is running to/ or from something in her Kimono and Ken is running behind her.
I'm pretty sure that was Eri running away in the yukata and Tsuru behind her. That's why he's so sad in the next picture, it seems.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 23rd, '07, 16:03

ryoko11:

I'm sorry. I was deliberately trying to be provocative, but I didn't mean to hit a raw nerve. There's no right or wrong answer. I was just staking out one side so someone could argue from the other. I'm backing off now. Peace.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 23rd, '07, 16:10

@ Ryoko
In the next scene it appears that Rei is running to/ or from something in her Kimono and Ken is running behind her.
I'm pretty sure that was Eri running away in the yukata and Tsuru behind her. That's why he's so sad in the next picture, it seems.
[/quote]

I stand corrected. Also I might want to humbly remind you that this is a fictional drama and I can not speak for Joe but I am sure that Joe wasn't attacking your point of view at all. Was it really necessary to write all about that stalking case. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and perhaps you are taking this whole thing with a fictiional character to an extreme. Of course again this is just my humble opinion.

belleza

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 17:02

I don't consider Tada a loser at all for not immediately hitting a homerun on his first student teacher assignment. He was basically a student himself at the time, learning how to be a teacher.
Haven't not seen Episodes 5 and 6 yet, I tend to side with Ryoko11 on the teacher-student thing, One of my brother's friends met his longtime girlfriend while he was her college TA. It sometimes happens.

I think from what I've seen, I do see some kind of connection between him and Rei, outside of any manipulation tactic. I also get that if a post-grad adult associated with an ex-high school student, some of that does carry over and can lead to a really dangerous situation. Great potentials for storyline! :)

twl

Post by twl » May 23rd, '07, 17:17

I read this somewhere, and i think it is worth mentioning here!
Do any of you here think Mikio might realize/suspect soon that Kenzou is actually travelling back in time? There have been times when kenzou say things like celebrity names or jokes that aren't famous yet at that time, and also, in epi6, Kenzou knew what mikio was saving up for even before he told anyone!
Maybe when Mikio realize it, he will join up force with Kenzou! LOL

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 23rd, '07, 17:25

I wonder how much manipulaltion went on as it was Rei that showed authority over Tada in episode 3. And then everyone else in episode 5 treats Tada like peer than a authorative figure. Not that nothing happened. I'm just merely guessing :D

On the stalking part, every country has cultural differences. I find Tada's acts acceptable. there was no hint of Tada going for Rei back in highschool.. I remembered someone saying that a hs student isn't fully developed yet. As to what the series showed us, Tada initiated contact in college - which is far from highschool (for now, we might know when Tada fell for Rei in ep6-11 and ruin the argument :))

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 23rd, '07, 17:32

@ Joe

Sorry, if I over reacted, but yeah it was a raw nerve. I can understand you're trying to be provocative to further discussion, and there's no hard feelings from me about that. You can still argue against Tada, in fact I hope you do continue to represent on that possible discussion. It's just that one particular comparison that got under my skin for obvious reasons. Peace. :-)

@ Graymouse

While that information is pretty personal, I felt the need to write it because I felt that the discussion about a fictional character/situation was being taken to an extreme when there are real life events that to me truly warrant the title despicable. I think we've reached stasis now, so that we can keep further discussions closer to the context of the show. Since this is discussion, Joe can attack my point of view all he/she wants. Joe's right about the fact that there is no right or wrong answer on whether or not someone likes a character, etc.

Anyhow
Any bets on whether or not Eri will end up back in the new picture due to something Ken does this time around? Even if he's concentrating on Rei, his actions could unwittingly affect the rest of their friends afterall.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 23rd, '07, 17:47

My theory on ep 6:
Tada caused the "accident" that opened up the space for Rei.
He knew that it was her 20th b'day and was his best chance to make an everlasting impression on her. He knew that it would have been ok to submit it next day, but he kept it from Rei so that she had to work all night.

When she asked to go to Ken, he was like:"oh shi#, almost got her" and said are you sure and such. Only relenting when he saw her determination.

When she came back, Tada was like: "Here's my big chance" and fed her the bs story of the cloud. He postponed the "deadline" so that she'd stay.

Then, he "arranged" it so Rei would win and make that night's work a lasting positive memory in her mind

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
what do you guys think ? can you tell I'm a KenxRei shipper and a conspiracy theorist?

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 24th, '07, 00:49

twl wrote:I read this somewhere, and i think it is worth mentioning here!
Do any of you here think Mikio might realize/suspect soon that Kenzou is actually travelling back in time? There have been times when kenzou say things like celebrity names or jokes that aren't famous yet at that time, and also, in epi6, Kenzou knew what mikio was saving up for even before he told anyone!
I'm not sure. I mean, even if something like that was happening with a friend, it would take ALOT for me to actually really truely believe it. But you never know...

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 24th, '07, 01:16

twl wrote:I read this somewhere, and i think it is worth mentioning here!
actually, i've been mulling over that thought for some time now. even though the drama doesn't really stress those parts, it makes you wonder what the point is of his slips being there at all. it may be a sort of foreshadowing to a future twist. OR maybe we're just thinking about them too much ehehe and they're just there for comic relief. it is a jdrama after all.:D

aatm

Post by aatm » May 24th, '07, 06:02

Well...
I'm not so sure about the whole Mikio/Tsuru/Eri/or even Rei figuring out that Ken is timeslipping. Taking into account that the five of them spent LOTS of time together, a couple times when Ken says he's from the future or talking about stuff that hasn't happened yet isn't really going to be taken too seriously, and any "coincidences" may be taken as just that...coincidences.
...but that's just my opinion.

I'm not sure who said it, but it was somewhere towards the beginning of this thread (with a little bit more from myself), but I think the most plausible ending for the series will be...
....of Yosei letting Ken go back to one more picture....with Ken waking up and being late...kind of like it was in the first episode....and going through all of the actions in beginning of the first episode, with Ken actually being the groom. I think the picture that Yosei will let Ken change is the picture taken right after the wedding is over - the one with everyone standing outside the church. I'm not sure what actions will need to be taken before hand for him to actually be the groom, but I'm sure those could be developed as well.
Question though...
why wasn't the final picture in the slideshow the final picture in the slideshow?
Sorry for using spoiler tags, but i don't know how much everyone else has seen yet...

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 24th, '07, 06:26

aatm wrote:
Question though...
why wasn't the final picture in the slideshow the final picture in the slideshow?
Sorry for using spoiler tags, but i don't know how much everyone else has seen yet...
ano... what do you mean? :lol

Meko

Post by Meko » May 24th, '07, 06:49

lunargen wrote:
aatm wrote:
Question though...
theres another picture in the slideshow!?!? i think thats what aatm is trying to say.. the last picture shown in the slideshow.. why ISNT it the last picture shown on the slideshow?

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 24th, '07, 07:46

Meko wrote:
lunargen wrote:
aatm wrote:
Question though...
theres another picture in the slideshow!?!? i think thats what aatm is trying to say.. the last picture shown in the slideshow.. why ISNT it the last picture shown on the slideshow?
heheh sorry. but im still confused. and
which ep's photo are we talking about? and in any case, why should it be the last one shown?

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 24th, '07, 08:09

does anyone actually thinks that Rei could be da one who called da fairy out? etc mayb its all Rei's work LOL cos she wna give Ken another chance ='S

.... that's just my thought...cause Rei kept looking at Ken like "IM DISAPOINTED IN U" or "I STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR U" mmm i dunno sum stuff like that hahahaha

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 24th, '07, 09:00

In retrospect: after rewatching episode 1 again, I think I found the final picture for episode 11 :D It happens 10 minutes into it. I think I'm sure otherwise they wouldn't put emphasis on showing the camera :D

I .. need sleep! :D

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 24th, '07, 09:15

*sigh* Tomorrow is Friday.........so I got 3 days and 9 hours left until episode 7......I honestly hope that it will be a lighter mood than the previous one.
also I hope that things will work out between Tsuru and Eri. Tis a shame to see Tsuru sad because he has always been an upbeat type of person. I am curious about Tada's confession to Rei and how she is going to react to it. Personally I think that the next ep. is going to be much like ep 6 was in being a type of dark and sad episode. Unfortunately the writters have to build on Rei and Tada's relationship and how they ended up marrying or the audience would be left with a question like well, why did Tada and Rei get marrried in the first place. Then in ep 8-10 is when Ken will really turn up the pressure on Tada and eventually be the groom at the end in ep 11.

Also I wonder how much time has passed between ep 6 and ep 7. Have Tada and Rei been dating? Many questions now need answering and hopefully some will be answered in sp 7. However, I predict that things are going to get much worse for Ken before they get better. That is the nature of the beast of these type of dramas.

One last thing also, you would think that Ken would tell Rei on his next timeslip that he was waiting for her at the post office on her 20th birthday? Do you think that would make a differnce anyway?

aatm

Post by aatm » May 24th, '07, 14:23

@ lunargen
at the end of ep 5, the MC says "Finally, the final slide in the slideshow is about to be shown." but it wasn't the final slide in the slide show, since there was another in ep. 6. unless i, again, missed something in translation or just totally didn't get it at all.
sorry for not explaining myself.

@ graymouse
that's exactly what i've been asking, but never got a response. wouldn't you think that on rei's hatachi birthday, if rei knew that ken came to see her at work (and she would know since ken was in the picture looking like a puppy in a pet store)...knowing how she felt all day long, wouldn't you think that once she knew he was there for her, that that would mean something? they could've talked about what happened, and eventually confessed?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 24th, '07, 14:25

aatm wrote:@ lunargen
at the end of ep 5, the MC says "Finally, the final slide in the slideshow is about to be shown." but it wasn't the final slide in the slide show, since there was another in ep. 6. unless i, again, missed something in translation or just totally didn't get it at all.
ep 6 was a new slide show with pictures of the couple. The previous slide show was of the bride and her friends, so Tada was hardly in them

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » May 24th, '07, 18:29

lychee87 wrote:does anyone actually thinks that Rei could be da one who called da fairy out? etc mayb its all Rei's work LOL cos she wna give Ken another chance ='S

.... that's just my thought...cause Rei kept looking at Ken like "IM DISAPOINTED IN U" or "I STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR U" mmm i dunno sum stuff like that hahahaha
that would be a quite cool turn out of events!
i was pretty amazed nothing changed after the kiss in eps 5
he does all that but then go back being silly... lol rei is gonna end up thinking he has mental issues! lol
it would be cool that the series end up with slide show ending and ken thinking he didnt changed anything at all in the end and then it shows up that hisashi and eri are the ones marrying :P

yeah im somewhat srry for the lil man lol

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 25th, '07, 02:10

aatm wrote:@ lunargen
OH!
heheh actually what the MC says there is that from that point on, the photos will be mostly of the married couple being together. :-)
and i think ep 7
will reveal further what rei thinks about the new picture. cause in ep 6, they were mostly concentrating on emphasizing this downfall of ken's. so to have rei notice something (which i know she is bound to, cause if she's not gonna notice then there'll be hell to pay) would pull the audience's hopes up, and i guess they wanna save that for another ep.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 25th, '07, 02:19

tritochjay wrote:In retrospect: after rewatching episode 1 again, I think I found the final picture for episode 11 :D It happens 10 minutes into it. I think I'm sure otherwise they wouldn't put emphasis on showing the camera :D

I .. need sleep! :D
I WILL DOUBLE POST!! XD
HAHA yes. actually it is THE most likely photo. i think somebody mentioned it just recently too. that the last photo would be the group photo after the wedding, then ken would be allowed to go back, and then he would wake up just as in the first ep and all that, but in that slip, he'd be the groom ehehe. but i hope it doesnt turn out that way, then it would be too predictable. :lol plus, that would be quite odd as well, since, if the cameraman used a traditional cam, then he'd have developed the photo like lightning fast. but it he used a digi cam, wouldn't it be odd to insert that photo into a previously prepared slideshow? and if so, what for?:D

aatm

Post by aatm » May 25th, '07, 03:24

@ lunargen and auroragb

thanks for the clarification...as it was something I missed in translation. guess i'll have to start working on my Genki 2 book now, even though class is in the fall. =)

@ lunargen
i checked and the camera he uses is a Pentax Z70P, which is a traditional camera, so I guess yeah, he would've had to develop like crazy. but i have been to weddings where there's a slideshow with the final pictures being of the wedding itself, for those who didn't go to the wedding but are just mooching off the free food at the reception. =)

in regards to the predictability of ken starting ep 1 over again but being the groom this time, i would almost be willing to put money on it, that that's how it'll end, except that he probably won't know it, and then, when he gets to the church, tsuru and mikio will have his tux ready for him. i've noticed that a few dramas like to start with the ending first...or at least a strong foreshadowing of the ending at the beginning (byakuyakou, 1 litre, sekachuu, etc.) so I wouldn't be surprised if ProDai followed suite.
and, i'll be the unpopular one, but....
I'm not a huge fan of the Tsuru-Eri wedding idea, with Ken and Rei getting a second chance to date...I mean, the whole purpose of this time slipping is for Ken to be the groom instead of Tada, so while it'll be thoroughly predictable and expected for Ken to end up marrying Rei in the end, for me, anything less would be a little, well, very unfulfilling...especially after what happened in ep. 6. Tsuru and Eri are great, but maybe a special or a 2nd season (with ALL the original characters...none of this, "Ken and Rei are off on their honeymoon thing, so they're not going to be in it" or whatever.). *shrug* just my humble opinion. hope I didn't strike any nerves with my not wanting tsuru and eri to get married in this season

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 25th, '07, 04:41

@ aatm: actually...
there's a little spin-off named propose kosakusen、which was mentioned in Pi's latest j-web translation by marblerain of pichan_daccha LJ comm. she said its about the eri tsuru thing. so i guess then a eri tsuru wedding in the near ProDai future is a bit bleak...:D

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 25th, '07, 04:45

I remember the photographers during the hs prom, they took pictures of us arriving with our partners with a traditional camera and by the end of the prom (roughly 3~4 hours) they had the pictures developed and lined out outside the building ready to greet us when we exited after the prom :D
Heh anyone else noticed that the new slideshow came perfectly when TadaxRei made the connection in episode 6. IF the events happened differently, I think we'd still get the old slides showcasing more friends instead of a ReixTada slide.

aatm

Post by aatm » May 25th, '07, 06:38

@ lunargen

perhaps, but if there is anything like that...
it'll probably happen in the spin off. i saw the postings about the little spin off, but unless there are more posts about it elsewhere, a wedding is not really mentioned, unless you pm'd marblerain and they told you the answer. then i'll have to pout about it. if it does, it better not happen during ProDai. It should happen in ProKo since that's what that side story is about...Eri and Tsuru.
Ultimately, I'm sure we'll have a much better idea after the next episode. but my fingers are crossed.

theJade

Post by theJade » May 25th, '07, 07:08

Just curious...but is anyone familiar with western style weddings in Japan? I rewatched the first episode and the preacher doesn't seem to do the "Does anyone present object to this marriage. Speak now or forever hold your peace" speech. So just wondering if that is/is not common in Japanese weddings.

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 25th, '07, 09:57

theJade wrote:Just curious...but is anyone familiar with western style weddings in Japan? I rewatched the first episode and the preacher doesn't seem to do the "Does anyone present object to this marriage. Speak now or forever hold your peace" speech. So just wondering if that is/is not common in Japanese weddings.
...maybe the ending will end something like this:
Ken wake up late and ran to the wedding, opens the door and yell out "I OBJECT!!!!" n go up to Rei n says "I LOVE U REI, MAH BABY! marry ME, i WAS WRONG U WERE RIGHT, ME KO KO I SHOULD'VE CONFESS TO U LONG TIME, BUT ME NO HAV TIME, TATS Y ME GO TO TIMESLIP" kakakakaka n Tada just stands there all sad n cry like a baby :D yayyyyy :cheers:

...and they all live happily eva after :whistling: :wub: :D :D :D :D :D

twl

Post by twl » May 25th, '07, 13:19

lunargen wrote:@ aatm: actually...
there's a little spin-off named propose kosakusen、which was mentioned in Pi's latest j-web translation by marblerain of pichan_daccha LJ comm. she said its about the eri tsuru thing. so i guess then a eri tsuru wedding in the near ProDai future is a bit bleak...:D
Well... my japanese language is not good enough to read this yet! is about the...
SPIN-OFF!!!
Anyone can translate or make a short conclusion of this? I got this from FujiTV's website.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub ... 07-07.html

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 25th, '07, 14:02

twl wrote:Well... my japanese language is not good enough to read this yet! is about the...
SPIN-OFF!!!
Anyone can translate or make a short conclusion of this? I got this from FujiTV's website.
Ehh... my japanese is kinda weak. All I could gather is that they'll be in a Mini-Operation Proposal short drama. Seems to be cell phone only tho... which would suck :(

Jeity

Post by Jeity » May 25th, '07, 19:25

Hm....I could see the finale being Ken waking up before the wedding and confronting Rei before she walks down the aisle. He's gone to the wedding once before, so he'll be able to get there earlier than before. The way I envision it is how Ken and Rei are facing each other at the end of the ending of each episode.

At that point, Ken would confess. Everything else that happened prior to it would be to strengthen Rei's feelings for him so that she won't reject him. I've noticed that as the episode numbe rises, be it because of the particular picture being shown or not, Rei has shown a little more discomfort about the wedding and perhaps some regret. Even though nothing has drastically changed outwardly, how she sees Ken inside has developed.

For Example, in episode 6, before Ken went back in time, Rei and Tada were drinking beer in the picture. Afterwards, they were drinking coffee. This is probably because the time the picture was taken had changed. In the original timeline, Rei may have never gone for a last attempt by giving Ken the letter, and she may not have decided to give up then either. However, because of the changes Ken made, this Rei felt stronger about him and that made her want to go all out at least once more.

Something that I could see happening is that a picture appears on the slideshow that was taken due to Ken and his meddlings in the past. So all that complex timeline mumbo jumbo aside, Ken wouldn't know anything about it and it would really put him to the test.

And personally, I'll be pissed if Ken and Rei aren't together in a happy ending. I've had enough crap endings trying to teach you life's lessons.

bourbon_deka

Post by bourbon_deka » May 25th, '07, 20:05

twl wrote:
lunargen wrote:@ aatm: actually...
Well... my japanese language is not good enough to read this yet! is about the...
SPIN-OFF!!!
I took a quick look at the article. Nothing to get too excited about. It's not a spin-off on TV, but rather keitai (cellphone) contents. Sounds like mini-comedy bits to me.
It's about how the various things Tsuru does to go after Eri.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 25th, '07, 23:07

this is a whole series spoiler---->
Well guys I watch the behind the scenes and the making of ProDai because it aired a couple of days before the series aired its first episode here in Japan. Ken and Rei according to that show WILLl be together at the end of the series. However, just because you know how it will end the most exciting part about this series is the road that Ken must take to get to the end result.
I still stand behind the idea that both Rei and Ken will have to change and meet in the middle if they truely want to be together. Love will never be a one way street. (I learned this life lesson years ago) Both people have to make sacrifices in order to be together. Its my belief that this episode onward until the end will be about those sacrifices that Ken and Rei make to be able to meet in the middle.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 26th, '07, 01:31

Graymouse wrote:this is a whole series spoiler---->
Well guys I watch the behind the scenes and the making of ProDai because it aired a couple of days before the series aired its first episode here in Japan. Ken and Rei according to that show WILLl be together at the end of the series. However, just because you know how it will end the most exciting part about this series is the road that Ken must take to get to the end result.
I still stand behind the idea that both Rei and Ken will have to change and meet in the middle if they truely want to be together. Love will never be a one way street. (I learned this life lesson years ago) Both people have to make sacrifices in order to be together. Its my belief that this episode onward until the end will be about those sacrifices that Ken and Rei make to be able to meet in the middle.
are you referring to the tonight start thing or another show completely? :D can i just say that's one hell of a spoiler heeheehee

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 26th, '07, 02:02

lunargen wrote:
are you referring to the tonight start thing or another show completely? :D can i just say that's one hell of a spoiler heeheehee
LOL it is...."tonight start"

roisterer

Post by roisterer » May 26th, '07, 02:31

Which EP is the most touching for you?

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 26th, '07, 02:40

Graymouse wrote:
lunargen wrote:
@ roisterer - the botan ep so far. :D

LOL it is...."tonight start"
oh it is? cause when i watched that, i remember the narrator was asking, not stating... :scratch: hmmm must watch again.... :lol

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 26th, '07, 02:52

theJade wrote:Time traveling stories never really quite work out imo and this one is no exception. They're usually filled with too many holes, inconsistencies, and what ifs. Howevver, I've learned to accept this and thus, brushing all this aside, what do you guys think happens to `past ken` the moment `future ken` takes over? And the moment `future ken` leaves the body? Do you guys think it's like a Butterfly Effect kinda thing?

I ask because after having watched episode 6,
what do you think is going on through Kens mind just after the photo had been shot at the end of the ep while he's standing behind the window? I mean as soon as `future ken's` spirit leaves, `past ken's` physical body should still be there right? Wouldn't the `past ken` still have an opportunity to knock on the window and still talk to Rei? Of course, he would probably be pretty confused as to how he ended up there in the first place...

That being said, I'd like to go with the idea that it is a butterfly effect. In which case, Ken can't declare his liking of Rei. Clearly Ken wasn't ready in the past. If he declares his love too early, and `future ken` leaves the body, `past ken` would have NO idea what just happend leading to a whole mess between their relationship with possible detrimental effects. Could you imagine? One moment he's like, "Rei, I really like you" the next he's chanting..."MY BODY IS GLAMOROUS". (Assuming the series of events in ep 3? I am guessing that `past ken` did attempt to propose to Cameron but was shot down.)

Based on all this, he can't "propose" to her yet. My prediction is that the turning point will be during the scene in which Rei tells Ken that he doesn't understand a thing, or sometime around there. Just a prediction -_^.
Opinions? Comments?
I've actually given this issue some thought because it's potentially a huge plot hole. I'll share with you how I resolved it if it helps you enjoy the story more. I'll tag it with spoilers not because it's a spoiler, but because I want to make it easy for those not so interested to skip to the next post. Anyway...
This story doesn’t really fit into the same science-fiction genre as Butterfy Effect because, well, there’s hardly any science involved. There’s more magic and mysticism here than theoretical physics. The show doesn’t even pretend that Ken’s time-travel is consistent with any law of nature. It all happens courtesy of the supernatural intervention of a fairy that lives in a church. So it’s more of a fairytale (harhar) than anything else.

Instead of something like The Butterfly Effect, the closest analogue that comes to my mind is Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. The fairy is Ken’s version of the Ghost of Christmas Future, and what we’ve been calling the “present” is actually the future that need not be. Ken has been trying to head it off by living through the so-called past and playing his cards more wisely. This effectively makes the past more of the “here and now” as far he is concerned. The so-called present is not an actual historical occurrence but an allegorical vision that the fairy is using to teach Ken some important life lessons. It’s only loosely connected to preceding events, and if Ken pulls all the right moves then the whole mess – the cab ride, ceremony, reception, slide show – it simply doesn’t happen.

If you use this literary model, you won’t encounter any problem with “past Ken” vs “present Ken.” There’s only one Ken, but sometimes he behaves intelligently, other times not so much. He doesn’t actually go time-slipping, but on certain days he is gifted by the fairy with clairvoyant maturity - an extraordinary appreciation of how his actions can affect his future. When the spell is broken he loses this clairvoyant maturity, but he retains any and all insight from what just happened. It just doesn’t sink in all at once. We’re all like that growing up. There’s a period when we seesaw between mature and immature behavior until we finally put it all together. On good days we have flashes of inspiration, and on others we can't seem to do anything right.

Ken has about five more lessons before the fairy is done with him, at which time I believe we will reset to the “real” present and learn what’s actually going on.
So you see, I am truly determined to enjoy this show regardless of how much effort it takes to make it work.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 26th, '07, 03:22

roisterer wrote:Which EP is the most touching for you?
Ep 5
when Rei saw that Randy Bass bubble head doll sitting in his room.
@joe> Wow! and I agree. I will enjoy this series even it does have some holes here and there!

twl

Post by twl » May 26th, '07, 03:36

@joeboygo
A very nice opinion u have here!

As for the most touching moment so far... it think every episode got their nice moment, so it will be very hard to pick one out!

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 26th, '07, 04:16

Episode 2 is the most touching so far. ;D IF only Rei had read that Ken wrote on the blackboard.. IF only Ken confessed then. Tada wouldn't have a chance if Ken went for the kill in episode 2 :D

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » May 26th, '07, 04:29

@ theJade
In the butterfly effect and I guess in the back to the futre episodes the general idea was that little things would grossly impact the future... a kiss at a dance ... a chance meeting... would change who someone would marry and ultimately someones exsistence.

In ProDai the fairy keeps saying FATE is hard to change. The idea here is different. Only BIG changes will make the impact. So all the things that Ken is doing to make rei happy is -- all thought big steps for him -- still arent changing his chosen Destiny. The fairy is encourging though when he says that even thought the large picture is not change (rei and tada are getting married) he has faith that Ken is accumulating a lot of little changes that might = a big change.

On a side note -- I am definetely a Ken and Rei shipper and am hoping for cinderalla story ending too but I hope poor tada is also happy -- he seems like a nice guy. I don't watch the raws either but do you think Kens friend -- the handsome guy -- do you think he is interested in reis friend?

well at least that is my thoughts
@ roisterer

My favorite scene so far is

The whole giving the button scene

and ...

when rei sees grandpa off at the bus stop... gosh I miss my grandpa ...

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 26th, '07, 05:17

OK me too. My most touching scene (so far) is in episode 5, in the bus, where Jiji opens the envelope Rei gave him and finds the floorplan of a dream house. Tada told Rei that carpenters considered such floorplans "love letters" to them from the architect, so Rei poured her heart into drawing up such a love letter and thereby managed to tell her jiji how deeply she loved him before he passed away. If you watch his face, he totally got the message.

My second most touching scene is slightly earlier in the same episode, where jiji, just before he boards the bus, turns to Ken and tells him that he was entrusting Rei, the precious grandchild he has loved ever since she was a baby, in Ken's hands. More than just a seal of approval, he was also saying that he could rest easy now that he has found somebody to love Rei as well as he has. It's all the more poignant because that was the last time he would ever see Rei. It's almost as if he knew it.

During that whole episode, jiji seemed to be telling Ken to do something already. He even tried to light a fire under Ken's ass by threatening to marry Rei off to Tada.

After seeing episode 6, I now understand that the placement of episode 5, with THE SCENE and all these other touching moments, was deliberate. The sweet memory of episode 5 is supposed to carry us through the long dark passage that begins with episode 6. We may not see light again until...11?

aatm

Post by aatm » May 26th, '07, 05:55

i certainly hope that it's not until ep. 11. That dark passage in ep 6 at this point seems completely endless with no light at the end.
like, when ken came back, he barely argued with the fairy and seemed like all hope was lost. like anything else, and everything up to then had been futile.
at first i thought my favorite scene was the button scene, but the more i think about it...
despite the ultimate sadness that ensued, i really liked all the parts of episode 6...again, sans that way it ended. i feel that should rei and ken actually connected that evening, that that night, things couldve changed.

rei left work early, bought and brought ken medicine, wrote a confession letter, even started to verbally confess through the door, and waited for Ken to come back, so she could still confess. all of which were HUGE. she was going to blow wide open her true feelings to Ken.

ken, despite being sick, held the determination to work and save and buy rei champagne and make her hatachi birthday very very special. there's no doubt in my mind that if HE had gotten the chance, he would've finally confessed as well. I mean, he gave the button, he kissed her, both with no change in the groom in the present. at this point, he knew that something big needed to happen, and i think that at this point, he knew a confession was the only thing left. and even he was hesitant, should rei have confessed first, there would've been no way he would've turned her down at that point.

on both parts, the truth would've come out
...but of course, the series would've been over, so it's good that it ended how it did, I guess...

sad that we're over halfway through now...
:cry:

belleza

Post by belleza » May 26th, '07, 06:18

Okey-dokey.. Just finished Episode 5 and DA SCENE. Not sure what I can add here since Episode 6 is the turnkey moment of the show. So some general impressions. . .

Honestly -- and I think I would feel this way without knowing it got a whole lot worse in Epi 6 -- this was kind of a sad episode for me. Maybe it was the way it was shot, or the sequencing of the storyline, but it made me think a little of Nada Sou Sou or Sekachu (so much of this drama feels like a homage for me.)
When I saw them kiss, it didn't feel like the beginning of something or a hope for a change. It felt like closure. Like this was the culimatino of Ken and Rei's wonder years, and that now fate would be handing it back to Rei, Rei and her decision between the childhood friend and the friend teacher.

I think what really struck me -- the really "oh that's unfair" moment -- was Tada immediately picking up the connection between Rei and her grandpa. And she looked confused, because as her grandfather put it, she prefered to play things close to her heart. But Tada noticed. So much of the first half, and Ken not really seeing their situation correctly, felt like the weather shifting toward the Rei/Tada years. And then in the 2nd half, with Ken doing perhaps the most unselfish, loving thing he's ever done for somebody, was also Ken learning the lesson of the show's first half. He not only acted for today, he gave that lesson to Rei.

And in a way, the kiss was a bookend of how Ken grew from his experience. In that moment, he was able to crystalize his resolve and sum up his sincerity for Rei. He did all he could. He gave his heart to Rei. And, finally, he gave his past his best, so the past may finally go to sleep. But Ken doesn't yet realize this is the end of Ken and Rei, Mk 1. And now he has to be a witness, a suffering cypher to Rei making up her mind in her own mistaken way.

Maybe this is speaking from my college years . . . but I liked that Ken indeed was the literature major (again the writer thing) and that Rei ended up, like Tada, as the architecture people. It's kind of a gender reversal, he living things in a daze and then in a fanciful bubble, and she seeing her life in boundaries and uncertain spaces. He's thinking of the best way to say what he couldn't say. She wants somebody to notice, come in and say hi.
I must say though . . .
Ken and Hisashi's kiss was absolutely lacking. Pimply, reeking of booze, and just kinda saliva-y. Two beer bottles down sir!!! It convey none of the passion, the raw joy and Johnny Fanservice, of Akira and Shuji frolicing in the ocean. The plaintive way Akira flirted with Shuji, or the way Shuji tussled his long permed hair in front of strange Akira. Poor Nobuta, she never had a chance, did she? :( ;)
I don't know. I just took Epi 5 really different from everybody. I think now, I don't really care who Rei ends up with. I just want to see what Ken will see in the back half of the show, and I want to see Rei change somehow. Anyhoy. Even if she picked Tada in the end, at least she could grow up like Ken did, and bring some peace.

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » May 26th, '07, 07:00

do you tink this series will end like, 'oh, if you love her let her go' bullsh*t?

it could be going that way you never know...

i think ken in this series is an ass, he promised the fairy twice that he was gonna confess his love for her.

he just keeps delaying it, when she was looking at the randy bass figurine, he even said to himself maybe this was his biggest chance...turns out it his biggest chance to send off her grandpa off instead!? Then ok, that all seems to fall into place, might be a little buildup so he can tell her. Then after both of em send him off, he still doesn't say it? For God's sake, even her grandpa told him to take care of her lol...he gave him the hint like a million times too...

All he did was give her a peck on the lips. This is very typical of jdoramas, but oh please don't make yamapi look like some kinda loser in this! I think he doesn't deserve her, or likewise, she obviously knows he likes her but they're both acting as though they don't.

that's why they have to drag it out for 11 episodes, or else it did end at 5!

aatm

Post by aatm » May 26th, '07, 07:09

avexdevil wrote:do you tink this series will end like, 'oh, if you love her let her go' bullsh*t?
eh, doubt it

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 26th, '07, 16:29

avexdevil@
Ken doens't not try to take over Rei like a greedy wolf through out the whole show. Instead he try to change things for the better for the sake of Rei. Yes ken and rei both love each other in their own way. But Ken doesn't not act like a hunter and pursue his love like a bounty hunt. He trys to make Rei's life better and hope that Rei will come to him. however this is why Ken never gets to confess or be close to Rei. Yes rei loves ken but she never acts in a plain way. Her little game only confuses ken which rei interprets as a rejection. :scratch: hm maybe Rei should just suck it up and tell him "OMG I LOVE U" and ken should just start kissing like mad :lol

aatm

Post by aatm » May 26th, '07, 18:04

i agree with pwner4once. i'm sure that's the general consensus here. but, although ken is trying to make subtle but meaningful changes in rei's past life, it could be that she needs something more apparent, which is why i think that an actual confession from both is needed. they can hint at each other all they want, but i don't think that anything will change until they hear first hand what the other is thinking.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 26th, '07, 18:47

sometimes i am curious about how this changing photo / past will affect Rei's memory.So does she just syncs with the memory from the past and therefore after each photo, her score/ love score toward ken is growing? And why didn't one photo change o_O ? gosh i need to go back and rewatch them... :lol

najimta

Post by najimta » May 26th, '07, 19:47

this is really random but i think Nagasawa Masami and Matsumoto Jun should be in a drama together. they could seriously have a whole show where they wouldnt have to say anything but everyone would understand just from their eyes and facial expressions. haha i dunno pls excuse the randomness, i`m watching the 4th episode of bambino.

anyways, episode was just about the best thing ever and the supermarket scene was definetely my favorite. icant wait for episode 6 and yet, after all these comments, i can. i dont wanna see PI hurt or sad....

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 27th, '07, 00:27

pwner4once wrote:avexdevil@
Ken doens't not try to take over Rei like a greedy wolf through out the whole show. Instead he try to change things for the better for the sake of Rei. Yes ken and rei both love each other in their own way. But Ken doesn't not act like a hunter and pursue his love like a bounty hunt. He trys to make Rei's life better and hope that Rei will come to him. however this is why Ken never gets to confess or be close to Rei. Yes rei loves ken but she never acts in a plain way. Her little game only confuses ken which rei interprets as a rejection. :scratch: hm maybe Rei should just suck it up and tell him "OMG I LOVE U" and ken should just start kissing like mad

I absolutely agree. Ken isn't just trying to "win" her back like some trophy, but rather, he's trying to understand her better. He's going back to undo what he did wrong and to make it right, not just simply to confess and BINGO they'll get married. There'd be no drama if that was the case and there won't be so many good discussions going on here.

Ken loves Rei, but the past Ken didn't realize what she meant to him. Back then she was only a childhood friend. He didn't realize the significance of their relationship/connection until she was gone because before in the past, she was ALWAYS next to him. He never once thought that she'd be gone.

I really like this drama. This is the first drama where I really want to watch the last episode just to make sure that there's a happy ending because I want the two main characters to be together so badly. It'd be wrong if they don't end up together. Afterall, Ken & Rei had a 94% love connection (from ep. 3 :P).

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 27th, '07, 00:30

najimta wrote:this is really random but i think Nagasawa Masami and Matsumoto Jun should be in a drama together. they could seriously have a whole show where they wouldnt have to say anything but everyone would understand just from their eyes and facial expressions. haha i dunno pls excuse the randomness, i`m watching the 4th episode of bambino.

anyways, episode was just about the best thing ever and the supermarket scene was definetely my favorite. icant wait for episode 6 and yet, after all these comments, i can. i dont wanna see PI hurt or sad....

Although they're both great actors, I think Masami might be as tall as or even taller than Matsujun. I'd like for the guy to be taller than the girl :D

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 27th, '07, 03:48

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:
pwner4once wrote:avexdevil@
Ken doens't not try to take over Rei like a greedy wolf through out the whole show. Instead he try to change things for the better for the sake of Rei. Yes ken and rei both love each other in their own way. But Ken doesn't not act like a hunter and pursue his love like a bounty hunt. He trys to make Rei's life better and hope that Rei will come to him. however this is why Ken never gets to confess or be close to Rei. Yes rei loves ken but she never acts in a plain way. Her little game only confuses ken which rei interprets as a rejection. :scratch: hm maybe Rei should just suck it up and tell him "OMG I LOVE U" and ken should just start kissing like mad

I absolutely agree. Ken isn't just trying to "win" her back like some trophy, but rather, he's trying to understand her better. He's going back to undo what he did wrong and to make it right, not just simply to confess and BINGO they'll get married. There'd be no drama if that was the case and there won't be so many good discussions going on here.

Ken loves Rei, but the past Ken didn't realize what she meant to him. Back then she was only a childhood friend. He didn't realize the significance of their relationship/connection until she was gone because before in the past, she was ALWAYS next to him. He never once thought that she'd be gone.

I really like this drama. This is the first drama where I really want to watch the last episode just to make sure that there's a happy ending because I want the two main characters to be together so badly. It'd be wrong if they don't end up together. Afterall, Ken & Rei had a 94% love connection (from ep. 3 :P).
somehow having an audience with same opinion makes me so happy :lol !
Sometimes i wish I can have a slide show of all the opportunity I've missed. There doesn't have to be a fairy that I have to beg for forgiveness and opportunity but knowing all the mistake in retrospect is truly a powerful, meaningful and sad thing to know. For Rei, I found it really hard for her to not confess to Ken. In just almost any episode, she'll be presented as a melo-not so talkative person. As soon as she meets ken, she would come up with the most random teasing / innuendo conversation evar o.O! Example, after losing the baseball game, rei was speaking to ken through a hand microphone.

Since our conversation have involved so much about the relationship between ken and rei. I would like to talk about tsuru and eri. First eri's rudeness toward tsuru. She is always refusing his love in a rude way yet he doesn't ever give up. Doesn't this make the best showcase of a unattainable love affair? yes eri doesn't want to have a relationship with tsuru but she does want him to by her side. She wants to feel loved by someone. But when she finds the shelter, she soon ditches the backup and falls back to the backup when it fails. eerr... doornob girl? :scratch:

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » May 27th, '07, 04:31

pwner4once wrote:sometimes i am curious about how this changing photo / past will affect Rei's memory.So does she just syncs with the memory from the past and therefore after each photo, her score/ love score toward ken is growing? And why didn't one photo change o_O ? gosh i need to go back and rewatch them... :lol
Yea seems like she does sync with the change in her history (cute like an ipod or a blackberrry ;) ).

Probally everyone does -- just ken remembers the difference because of his time slip

Smi

PS I agree that ken is doing all this stuff in hopes of making rei happy. I think if he was ruthlessly persuing her he would have help rei and tada resolve that initial confrontation when he was a student teacher...

No_Moon

Post by No_Moon » May 27th, '07, 04:52

I think it's easy to be hard on him, say "just confess already dammit"... but I think Ken is doing this the right way. He is building up her natural attraction to him slowly, creating tension pulling her away from Tada. Like the fairy said in ep. 5, already her heart at the wedding has changed with regard to Ken.

But think about it. If he confessed, she would think he's joking around or being a jerk. Or she would feel icky about it. If he suddenly pushed her to go out with him and chased her, same thing. He would even lose her as a friend that way. But these little acts of genuine feeling and love... like the 2nd button from his jersey, etc. are all building up in her heart with the feelings she already had for him. If he can continue like this, then I think they would have the kind of relationship that people dream about-- best friends and lovers.

I also don't think ep. 5 had a proper moment to confess, but there was a proper moment for that special *ahem* due to their conversation and her upsettedness. Just by creating a new, special moment for her, he basically wiped away her unhappiness that he didn't remember.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » May 27th, '07, 05:38

My thoughts
I think the show is going to get better. I feel like there going to slowly push Ken towards a wall and make things look like there is little hope left. I think the last picture will be the Day Tada proposes to Rei. If he can prevent that, that would be a significant change to change everything else. During that time, he would be forced to confess, otherwise it'll be over. He'll probably lose all hope in the episode after trying to win her heart, but then one of his friends will give him some inspirational talk that makes him realize that he can't give up now and must leave with no regrets. He'll probably end up running miles to get to her to prevent the proposal, and they'll show flashbacks of him running around the bases in baseball, or running towards the original wedding. Then he'll end up getting their too late to make us think that he lost. But then, surpisingly, Rei shows up and she confesses to him after she and Tada broke up. We find out that she shows up and broke up with Tada due to some thing Ken did and said earlier in the episode. And he'll say "I love you too." and then it'll go back to the future, but instead being his wedding. In the future, he'll think that it was all a dream and will be happy to be getting married, until the fairy shows up, and says to Ken, "I knew you could do it," and then vanishes from the church.

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 27th, '07, 08:19

touching scene in P.D would be da part where Rei slap Ken!
Rei: wat r u doing? *slap from da left* *slap from da right* poor Ken hahaha

Linh[hyd=3]

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » May 27th, '07, 09:36

lychee87 wrote:touching scene in P.D would be da part where Rei slap Ken!
Rei: wat r u doing? *slap from da left* *slap from da right* poor Ken hahaha
hahaa I agree with you =) ! It was a cute scene in P.D&a good episod :)

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » May 27th, '07, 12:37

The scene I found funny was when they put those price tags on each other. xD I just finished episode 5, and waiting eagerly for 6. Love Song does very good subs! To top it off, I got the OST, which is beautiful.

Does anyone know who the actors are that plays Socrates and Niou? Niou was the tall (cute XD) guy Eri met in episode 5 that plays volleyball and had the same keychain on his cellphone as she did.

twl

Post by twl » May 27th, '07, 14:48

24 hours till the next ProDai, 36 hours till we can start DOWNLOADING IT!! My god the wait is killing me!!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 27th, '07, 15:30

Quesion:
50% off Ken > 20% off Rei?
or
50% off Ken < 20% off Rei?
or
50% off Ken = 20% off Rei?

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 27th, '07, 19:53

omgz i pray for an new epsi!!! i can't wait for the newwww stufufufu11111

ouss

Post by ouss » May 27th, '07, 20:06

auroragb wrote:Quesion:
or
or

what the hell is these questions!!!
:blink :O

it depends how much is for u ken and rei, they shouldnt have the same price.
Let's suppose rei is cheaper than ken, even if u remove 50% of ken s price, rei can still be cheaper than ken.

----------
1 coca 1$
1 shirt 20$
1 dinner 40$/80$
1 night at hotel 200$
having rei as a girlfriend PRICELESS

for everything else, u can buy it with MonsterCard
----------------------
20% of priceless = priceless
:lol
i ll let u think on it

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 28th, '07, 00:45

ouss wrote:
auroragb wrote:Quesion:
or
or
what the hell is these questions!!!
:blink :O

it depends how much is for u ken and rei, they shouldnt have the same price.
Let's suppose rei is cheaper than ken, even if u remove 50% of ken s price, rei can still be cheaper than ken.
Exactly, so what would be your answer (of Ken and Rei's value) and why?

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 01:31

:D :D :D :D

11 more hours to go until episode 7 airs!

I need a Masami fix.......

*watches episode 1-6* :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 28th, '07, 03:05

Graymouse wrote::D :D :D :D

11 more hours to go until episode 7 airs!

I need a Masami fix.......

*watches episode 1-6* :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
omgz somehow the name graymouse reminds me of Mr. Wiggles... a sheep in WoW lol :lol

ouss

Post by ouss » May 28th, '07, 04:16

haha!!

ok auroragb...50%off Ken = 20% off Rei or 50% off Ken smaller 20% off Rei
that d mean rei s value is higher than ken s value.

50% off Ken bigger 20% off Rei,
gives 2 possibilites : since 2.5 * ken bigger Rei (i.e. : ken=1 so rei<2.5)
1- ken can be cheaper than rei (ken=1 and rei =2)
2- rei can be cheaper than rei (ken=1 and rei=0.5)

so u see , out of 4 possibilities you have 3 choices with ken cheaper than rei....

i'd say ken is cheaper than rei!!!! :lol

(if you prefer another reasoning with more words than numbers, ask me, and i ll try again).

....sincerely, they are both priceless, i just made this reasoning above for fun,
even though it s not what

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 08:35

Ok, guys! Episode 7 is going to be airing in about 4 hours. Any one intrested in giving some predictions or speculation on how this one is going to pay out? I just hope that it isn't as sad as the previous one.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 28th, '07, 09:55

Graymouse, I get the feeling it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. (but that will make it into an unbelievably fantastic show :) )

But we never know, maybe Ken will make some small gains. :)

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 10:09

GoddessCarlie wrote:Graymouse, I get the feeling it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. (but that will make it into an unbelievably fantastic show :) )

But we never know, maybe Ken will make some small gains. :)
perhaps this ep is going to focus on Eri and Tsuru a little bit. I really hope they explain what happened between those two. Curious? Do you think that when Ken timeslips tonight do you think he will tell Rei that he waited for her at the post office? 2 hours and counting! :w00t:

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 28th, '07, 11:20

I'm eagerly waiting for the episode to finally air so that the people who are watching it live can post spoilers...

HAHA!

I don't expect Ken to be able to change the situation, and I think he won't be able to stop Tada-san from confessing, but I hope Ken can still make small gains in this episode...

twl

Post by twl » May 28th, '07, 11:31

ProDai in 30 mins! I'll be able to watch it life next week!!!
I doubt anything good will happen... althought i really hope there is atleast someting to cheer for after the show... epi6 is just toooo sad!!!!

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 12:01

Yeah! Its on!