[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
hikkichan
Posts: 194
Joined: Dec 14th, '04, 10:32
Location: 加美平

Post by hikkichan » May 28th, '07, 12:22

So, if I hit this in one shot, I want us to be together...

I so thought he was going to miss.

I love how she played it off and said "You can't use some miracle to confess like that."
I missed the first 10 minutes due to some house-sitting and workout time... meh

All I can say is:
F*CK YEAH! ストップザ告白... But now Sensei got the King stick...

BOOOOO ... Cheap bastard!! Like they said, it's not that type of game... Deck the mofo!!!
Oh snap!
Mikio called him out!
Last edited by hikkichan on May 28th, '07, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 12:49

OMG! ............who watched it? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Last edited by Graymouse on May 28th, '07, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 13:04

I don't even know where to begin on this one....
there are a lot of twists and turns in this one. How long has Mikio known about the time slips I wonder!

TenshiMeino
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 14th, '04, 19:24
Location: Yokohama, Japan

Post by TenshiMeino » May 28th, '07, 13:13

i caught that he knew about the time slips...but what was it exactly that he said? i didnt catch all of it

hikkichan
Posts: 194
Joined: Dec 14th, '04, 10:32
Location: 加美平

Post by hikkichan » May 28th, '07, 13:15

Running back and forth, I caught some of it; he talked about how he mentioned Ina Bauer during High School ball (Arakawa Shizuka wasn't popular back then)... and how he was saying "Chou Kimochi" during some video he took, etc..

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 13:25

TenshiMeino wrote:
i caught that he knew about the time slips...but what was it exactly that he said? i didnt catch all of it
You know some people on here was saying that it seemed Mikio was always getting in the way and stopping Ken from confessing. So, I think Mikio knew all along. from the begining........Also some guys on here was talking about all these hints from the future that Ken keeps on slipping up saying during the past episodes. I hope that Mikio and Ken can team up. LOL

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 28th, '07, 13:52

TenshiMeino wrote:
i caught that he knew about the time slips...but what was it exactly that he said? i didnt catch all of it
At the end of the episode this is what Mikio said in a nutshell. You have changed that picture didn't you? I finally put everything together. I didn't understand why you always said some strange things but now I know why. You have been timeslipping. If you would have told me I could have helped you! However, this is the last time you timeslipped because I don't recall you saying anything strange since, (If i am wrong sorry for the poor translation).
BIG SUPRISE!
Tsuru and Eri are together at the wedding holding hands!!!! and Tsuru thanked Ken for telling him to go talk to Eri that night or they wouldn't of been together today.
This drama will probably rank up to the best one this year! Wow
Last edited by Graymouse on May 28th, '07, 15:29, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 28th, '07, 14:01

AHHHHH! You guys are making me so excited!

I'm so looking forward to download this as compared to last week's episode...(which I haven't downloaded yet AHA)

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » May 28th, '07, 15:19

ohh I don't understand anything!!Please,repeat me what happened in this episode!!Please please please please! :cry: :cry:

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » May 28th, '07, 15:57

belleza wrote:
I must say though . . .
Ken and Hisashi's kiss was absolutely lacking. Pimply, reeking of booze, and just kinda saliva-y. Two beer bottles down sir!!! It convey none of the passion, the raw joy and Johnny Fanservice, of Akira and Shuji frolicing in the ocean. The plaintive way Akira flirted with Shuji, or the way Shuji tussled his long permed hair in front of strange Akira. Poor Nobuta, she never had a chance, did she? :( ;)
LMFAO You had me at "pimply".

Anyhow, looks like the newest episode is going to be made of awesome. I can't wait till it's uploaded.

Question:
Someone said Mikio mentioned that Ken has changed the pictures. Do we know how he knows the difference when nobody else does? And I'm sooooooooo looking forward to the TsuruXEri developments!

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » May 28th, '07, 16:40

ZOMG it's taking all of my will to NOT click on those spoilers!!! uwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh......... pure torture!!
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 28th, '07, 16:53

Episode 7 spoilers
Okay I just saw it streaming on a chinese website.

SUCKS he didn't manage to stop Tada from confessing after all. But I'm glad Ken managed to stop the first confession? Because Tada's second confession was so....I don't know. If I were Rei I would have felt like this: O___O and then like this: -______-

Mikio is so smart! I really wonder how he managed to figure it out.

But anyway, I didn't manage to see Episode 8 previews. What previews did they show of Episode 8?
Did Ken time travel after all?

My guess is that even though Ken was all depressed after Episode 7, what Mikio says will give Ken new hope...

Ken in a tanktop saved the entire episode for me. I'm trying now to erase scenes of Tada from my mind.
And of course who can forget Tsuru and Eri? I want to see their ending ultimately haha!

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » May 28th, '07, 16:55

kilaalaa wrote:Episode 7 spoilers
Okay I just saw it streaming on a chinese website.

SUCKS he didn't manage to stop Tada from confessing after all. But I'm glad Ken managed to stop the first confession? Because Tada's second confession was so....I don't know. If I were Rei I would have felt like this: O___O and then like this: -______-

Mikio is so smart! I really wonder how he managed to figure it out.

But anyway, I didn't manage to see Episode 8 previews. What previews did they show of Episode 8?
Did Ken time travel after all?

My guess is that even though Ken was all depressed after Episode 7, what Mikio says will give Ken new hope...

Ken in a tanktop saved the entire episode for me. I'm trying now to erase scenes of Tada from my mind.
And of course who can forget Tsuru and Eri? I want to see their ending ultimately haha!
What is the site????????Please,tell me!!!! :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 28th, '07, 17:11

Episode 7: Streaming (Spoilers)
Part 1: http://u-13.info/bbs/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1
Part 2: http://u-13.info/bbs/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1

You need to wait, the video wil load by itself. (There is no need to click on anything.)

Who saw Episoe 8 previews? I can't see it, but I saw some China fans saying that Ken cried in the previews of Episode 8? TT___TT

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » May 28th, '07, 17:14

kilaalaa wrote:Episode 7: Streaming (Spoilers)
Part 1: http://u-13.info/bbs/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1
Part 2: http://u-13.info/bbs/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1

You need to wait, the video wil load by itself. (There is no need to click on anything.)

Who saw Episoe 8 previews? I can't see it, but I saw some China fans saying that Ken cried in the previews of Episode 8? TT___TT
ARIGATOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :cheers:

nanyangwalk
Posts: 1
Joined: May 28th, '07, 17:15

Post by nanyangwalk » May 28th, '07, 17:22

Whuaaa.. its has been already episode 7.. really want to watch it... humm poor me,, i dont understand any Japanese..

I have the episode 06 one, but it is in Chinese subtittle, which i also dont understand,


can anyone help me for engslid subtittle???

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 28th, '07, 20:53

nanyangwalk wrote:Whuaaa.. its has been already episode 7.. really want to watch it... humm poor me,, i dont understand any Japanese..

I have the episode 06 one, but it is in Chinese subtittle, which i also dont understand,


can anyone help me for engslid subtittle???
you should download the eps hard subbed by Love Song

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » May 28th, '07, 22:07

I can't wait more....I WANT THE EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!! :goggle: :goggle:

User avatar
Linh[hyd=3]
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 27th, '07, 12:41
Location: FRANCE-Lille 59

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » May 28th, '07, 22:25

namie wrote:I can't wait more....I WANT THE EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!! :goggle: :goggle:
me tooooooooo... cannot sleep, wanna see Ken's desperate&wonderful face !!!

:wub:

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 29th, '07, 02:26

kilaalaa wrote:Episode 7 spoilers
Okay I just saw it streaming on a chinese website.

SUCKS he didn't manage to stop Tada from confessing after all. But I'm glad Ken managed to stop the first confession? Because Tada's second confession was so....I don't know. If I were Rei I would have felt like this: O___O and then like this: -______-

Mikio is so smart! I really wonder how he managed to figure it out.

But anyway, I didn't manage to see Episode 8 previews. What previews did they show of Episode 8?
Did Ken time travel after all?

My guess is that even though Ken was all depressed after Episode 7, what Mikio says will give Ken new hope...

Ken in a tanktop saved the entire episode for me. I'm trying now to erase scenes of Tada from my mind.
And of course who can forget Tsuru and Eri? I want to see their ending ultimately haha!
If Tada would have confessed to Rei in private things might of been different. Luckly Ken came busting into the room at the last moment to stop him. Ken covered up what his true intent was by saying that he came to get the fireworks! Also at the end when Tada confessed to her in front of everyone after getting the "truth" stick. (if I a wrong sorry) and Tsuru told Tada that this is not that type of game. That was funny and Tada looked like an ass! It blew my mind after Ken went back to the future and they were looking at the changed picture. Tsuru told Ken thanks for the encouragement to go after Eri that night and afterwards Tsuru and Eri holding hands and walking to the bar. I just can't believe after seeing that the Ken still told the fairy that he wanted to stop time slipping.
Last edited by Graymouse on May 29th, '07, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 29th, '07, 03:39

lunargen wrote:ZOMG it's taking all of my will to NOT click on those spoilers!!! uwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh......... pure torture!!
I concur!!!
Image

User avatar
aatm
Posts: 114
Joined: Jan 28th, '07, 04:43
Location: Orange County

Post by aatm » May 29th, '07, 03:54

:cry: shouldn't it be out by now? i'm DYING here...岩瀬さんと吉田さんを見たい!!

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 29th, '07, 06:32

Graymouse wrote:
If Tada would have confessed to Rei in private things might of been different. Luckly Ken came busting into the room at the last moment to stop him. Ken covered up what his true intent was by saying that he came to get the fireworks! Also at the end when Tada confessed to her in front of everyone after getting the "truth" stick. (if I a wrong sorry) and Tsuru told Tada that this is not that type of game. That was funny and Tada looked like an ass! It blew my mind after Ken went back to the future and they were looking at the changed picture. Tsuru told Ken thanks for the encouragement to go after Eri that night and afterwards Tsuru and Eri holding hands and walking to the bar. I just can't believe after seeing that the Ken still told the fairy that he wanted to stop time slipping.
I know, Tada did look like an ass in his second confession. Seriously I have never seen any guy who confessed in front of so many people. Its extremely awkward for the girl. I'm just wondering how this second confession affected Tada and Rei...it seems like Tada and Rei looked kind of awkward at the wedding afterwards? If I remember correctly, Tada had this very serious look at his face, and then Rei had this weird smile like she wasn't smiling from her heart? (Maybe I'm reading too much into this...)

But yeah what did they show in Episode 8 previews? Did Ken really stopped timetravelling?

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » May 29th, '07, 07:31

aatm wrote::cry: shouldn't it be out by now? i'm DYING here...岩瀬さんと吉田さんを見たい!!
uwah!! 私も(watashi mo)!!
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

fastat3m
Posts: 49
Joined: Mar 7th, '06, 07:16
Location: Los Angeles

Post by fastat3m » May 29th, '07, 07:48

lunargen wrote:
aatm wrote::cry: shouldn't it be out by now? i'm DYING here...岩瀬さんと吉田さんを見たい!!
uwah!! 私も(watashi mo)!!
the episode comes out on a weekend. People make plans on weekends, maybe a weddomg, party, or vacation. we should be patient.

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » May 29th, '07, 07:56

we dont mean to sound demanding, we just want to say how we feel hehehe. we understand that the uploaders have a lot of priorities too. :D

btw, for those of you who could DL from CB, it's up in the windjp CB already!! woot!! and it's being upped onto MU and MF by leelee of LJ!! http://yamaperfection.livejournal.com/1 ... tml#cutid1
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

kevinamadeus
Posts: 6
Joined: May 29th, '07, 08:12
Location: Hong Kong

Post by kevinamadeus » May 29th, '07, 08:22

lunargen wrote:we dont mean to sound demanding, we just want to say how we feel hehehe. we understand that the uploaders have a lot of priorities too. :D

btw, for those of you who could DL from CB, it's up in the windjp CB already!! woot!! and it's being upped onto MU and MF by leelee of LJ!! http://yamaperfection.livejournal.com/1 ... tml#cutid1
thanks for the link :wub:
downloading now~~! :cheers:

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 29th, '07, 08:36

kilaalaa wrote:
Graymouse wrote:
If Tada would have confessed to Rei in private things might of been different. Luckly Ken came busting into the room at the last moment to stop him. Ken covered up what his true intent was by saying that he came to get the fireworks! Also at the end when Tada confessed to her in front of everyone after getting the "truth" stick. (if I a wrong sorry) and Tsuru told Tada that this is not that type of game. That was funny and Tada looked like an ass! It blew my mind after Ken went back to the future and they were looking at the changed picture. Tsuru told Ken thanks for the encouragement to go after Eri that night and afterwards Tsuru and Eri holding hands and walking to the bar. I just can't believe after seeing that the Ken still told the fairy that he wanted to stop time slipping.
I know, Tada did look like an ass in his second confession. Seriously I have never seen any guy who confessed in front of so many people. Its extremely awkward for the girl. I'm just wondering how this second confession affected Tada and Rei...it seems like Tada and Rei looked kind of awkward at the wedding afterwards? If I remember correctly, Tada had this very serious look at his face, and then Rei had this weird smile like she wasn't smiling from her heart? (Maybe I'm reading too much into this...)

But yeah what did they show in Episode 8 previews? Did Ken really stopped timetravelling?
well, I am wondering that myself. There is no picture this time. The farie raised his arm in slow motion and "chapel bells rung" and snapped his fingers and then Ken was standing there and Mikio called him out about the time slipping. Mikio figured it out because when Ken timeslipped this episode he said some stuff that was not popular and didn't happen yet into Mikio's camera and that is how he figured it out in the "new future"

(about the preview for episode 8: Ken was crying in the next episode. I think Mikio convinces him to time travel again. In the preview Rei says that she liked Ken....let me repeat LIKED. With an "ed" Past tense. To make things worse Rei says that she decided to go on a date with Tada, but I am certain this event happened in the "orginal past" So, I believe he does go back again this time with Mikio's help.

Much like the preview of ep 7 they show scenes of the episode of next week but most of the time they show scenes of the "orignal past" and not the "new past" I guess what I am saying is that the preview for ep 8 could be scenes of what happened in the orignal time line.
Last edited by Graymouse on May 29th, '07, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.

lychee87
Posts: 27
Joined: Aug 15th, '06, 11:48

Post by lychee87 » May 29th, '07, 08:44

dyiinnnggg slloooowwwllllyyyy dyinnnnnnnggg....*gasp* n e e d n e w eps tooo ssssuuurrrvvvviiiiveeee :(

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 29th, '07, 08:55

lychee87 wrote:dyiinnnggg slloooowwwllllyyyy dyinnnnnnnggg....*gasp* n e e d n e w eps tooo ssssuuurrrvvvviiiiveeee :(
Here you can stream it here. If you want to watch it raw....watch it here! ------->.http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2007/02/ ... kusen.html

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » May 29th, '07, 09:13

Someone has softsub for episode 6, i have the raw. Maybe i made mistake but in "atheux" web page i saw episode 6 in raw and with softsub in sendpace download links. But it seems that the link is down.
Thanks to leve song to subtitle this great drama.

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » May 29th, '07, 10:57

Just saw episode 7 and it looks like it's playing out just the way I predicted. I'm seriously thinking about waiting for the next three episodes to come out so I can watch eps 8-10 in one sitting. It's excruciating to have to endure all of these cliff hangers knowing the worst is yet to come. They say the night is darkest just before the dawn. If that's true then we should not expect Ken to hit rock bottom until episode 9 or 10. The do or die climax will likely occur between 10 and 11. That's a good three weeks of vicarious agony. This may be a good time to catch up with Liar Game.

That pivotal scene where Rei tells Ken he understands nothing is coming up, and if what I dread comes true
she's going to say it after Ken finally manages to confess to her - perhaps a day late and a dollar short.

That's about par for the course. Ken shouldn't succeed in proposing to Rei yet because he's probably unfit at that point in his life to properly conduct a real relationship with her. If they go steady too early the inevitable break-up may very well kill their relationship for good. Ken has a about a year of seasoning left before he's good to go. So those rooting for Ken should prepare to grind their teeth for at least two more episodes asTada makes hay while the sun shines on him.

BTW, I suspect Mikio didn't figure anything out. Nobody's that prescient. Somebody must have told him.
I think the fairy felt worried enough to enlist Mikio's help behind Ken's back.

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 29th, '07, 11:42

joeboygo wrote:Just saw episode 7 and it looks like it's playing out just the way I predicted. I'm seriously thinking about waiting for the next three episodes to come out so I can watch eps 8-10 in one sitting. It's excruciating to have to endure all of these cliff hangers knowing the worst is yet to come. They say the night is darkest just before the dawn. If that's true then we should not expect Ken to hit rock bottom until episode 9 or 10. The do or die climax will likely occur between 10 and 11. That's a good three weeks of vicarious agony. This may be a good time to catch up with Liar Game.

That pivotal scene where Rei tells Ken he understands nothing is coming up, and if what I dread comes true
she's going to say it after Ken finally manages to confess to her - perhaps a day late and a dollar short.

That's about par for the course. Ken shouldn't succeed in proposing to Rei yet because he's probably unfit at that point in his life to properly conduct a real relationship with her. If they go steady too early the inevitable break-up may very well kill their relationship for good. Ken has a about a year of seasoning left before he's good to go. So those rooting for Ken should prepare to grind their teeth for at least two more episodes asTada makes hay while the sun shines on him.

BTW, I suspect Mikio didn't figure anything out. Nobody's that prescient. Somebody must have told him.
I think the fairy felt worried enough to enlist Mikio's help behind Ken's back.
@joe>
You know that was my first thought as well. However, I will have to disagree with you on Mikio didn't figure it out by himself. if you watch episode 7 again you will see that Mikio caught Ken on his v. camera acting out a "future" act of a famous person. Mikio stated at the end of the episode that he "remembered" Ken saying some strange stuff on his video but he couldn't put a finger on it until now and asked Ken why he didn't tell him then because he would have helped him out.

About the "dark" episodes......
perhaps ep 6 was the piviot episode in my opinion. However, ep 7 was intresting because he decided not to timeslip anymore. I think right now Ken is waging a war inside himself. Should he persue Rei knowing that he is going to hurt his friend Tada? That is probably the battle that must be won within himself in order to confess to Rei.
I I like your idea about the fairy using mikio to help convince him to continue.
Joe> Let me know when you are ready to discuss ep 7 in detail. I have some ideas that I would like to convey. [/spoiler]

kevinamadeus
Posts: 6
Joined: May 29th, '07, 08:12
Location: Hong Kong

Post by kevinamadeus » May 29th, '07, 11:53

joeboygo wrote:
I think the fairy felt worried enough to enlist Mikio's help behind Ken's back.
I think Mikio is smart enough to notice Ken's strange acts before,
but indeed the fairy's click is somehow different then before, it is more special!
I think the fairy granted both Mikio and Ken the ability of timeslipping :roll

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 29th, '07, 15:00

Graymouse wrote:
well, I am wondering that myself. There is no picture this time. The farie raised his arm in slow motion and "chapel bells rung" and snapped his fingers and then Ken was standing there and Mikio called him out about the time slipping. Mikio figured it out because when Ken timeslipped this episode he said some stuff that was not popular and didn't happen yet into Mikio's camera and that is how he figured it out in the "new future"

(about the preview for episode 8: Ken was crying in the next episode. I think Mikio convinces him to time travel again. In the preview Rei says that she liked Ken....let me repeat LIKED. With an "ed" Past tense. To make things worse Rei says that she decided to go on a date with Tada, but I am certain this event happened in the "orginal past" So, I believe he does go back again this time with Mikio's help.

Much like the preview of ep 7 they show scenes of the episode of next week but most of the time they show scenes of the "orignal past" and not the "new past" I guess what I am saying is that the preview for ep 8 could be scenes of what happened in the orignal time line.
I noticed that about the fairy too. The music and the way he snapped his fingers seemed kind of strange and different in the ending scene. And also, his expression right before he snapped his fingers, it was so (idon'tknowwhatwordtousehere). Like he was waiting for Ken to stop him and say "i changed my mind, I'm going to try again." Like a teacher who is disappointed with his student's performance.

I'm thinking maybe the timeslip in Episode 8 will be kind of different, like how they timeslipped into a photo in a photo in Episode 6.

But since its Episode 8, I don't think Ken will succeed, whether with Mikio's help or not. I guess we're going to see more dark episodes until maybe Episode 10. GAH

I wish Ken would learn from Tsuru. I feel frustrated like the fairy, Ken says that he's going to confess in each timeslip everytime, but Ken always ends up choosing the wrong time and wrong place to do it. Its not as ass-looking as Tada's confession, but Tsuru's confession (? Not very sure whether it was a confession, since I couldn't understand it, but it seemed very emotional and touching.) beats Ken's confession handsdown in Episode 7. If I were Rei, I would think Ken was joking too.

Sigh, another week till Episode 8. Will it be yet another dark episode? I just hope that Tada looks like an ass again.

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » May 29th, '07, 15:53

on mikio:
i wonder exactly when mikio figured that out. we know that present mikio already knows, but will the mikio in the past where ken timeslips again to (yes, kenzo timeslips back) already have figured that out so he could help him?
and on ken:
yeah. i agree with mikio's further motivation, he'd decide to go back. plus his reaction to the erixtsuru relationship was telling. though he was quickly disillusioned right after, he sounded hopeful as he was thinking of how reality changed for eri and tsuru, and that maybe he...... and then thats where he started getting pessimistic again.
and on the game:
im not really familiar with the game, but its named "The King(Oosama) Game." i think its a game that no matter what the "King" says, and the others will follow. :D But darn Tsuru explains it poorly and explains to Tada (who didn't know squat about the game) that it's a game where you could say anything. and thus, the darned confession (which was lousy hahaha as mikio so aptly put hahaha).... ><.
hmmm, this weeks ratings dropped a few points. its like 14%something. i had this feeling that it will, since i've noticed that the ep succeeding a particularly depressing one loses a bit of viewership. and after what happened in ep 7, i think another drop will ensue.
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 29th, '07, 15:56

^ Well I love Mikio for saying it. Haha! I'm such a mean person... <__<

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 29th, '07, 16:24

kilaalaa wrote:
Graymouse wrote:
well, I am wondering that myself. There is no picture this time. The farie raised his arm in slow motion and "chapel bells rung" and snapped his fingers and then Ken was standing there and Mikio called him out about the time slipping. Mikio figured it out because when Ken timeslipped this episode he said some stuff that was not popular and didn't happen yet into Mikio's camera and that is how he figured it out in the "new future"

(about the preview for episode 8: Ken was crying in the next episode. I think Mikio convinces him to time travel again. In the preview Rei says that she liked Ken....let me repeat LIKED. With an "ed" Past tense. To make things worse Rei says that she decided to go on a date with Tada, but I am certain this event happened in the "orginal past" So, I believe he does go back again this time with Mikio's help.

Much like the preview of ep 7 they show scenes of the episode of next week but most of the time they show scenes of the "orignal past" and not the "new past" I guess what I am saying is that the preview for ep 8 could be scenes of what happened in the orignal time line.
I noticed that about the fairy too. The music and the way he snapped his fingers seemed kind of strange and different in the ending scene. And also, his expression right before he snapped his fingers, it was so (idon'tknowwhatwordtousehere). Like he was waiting for Ken to stop him and say "i changed my mind, I'm going to try again." Like a teacher who is disappointed with his student's performance.

I'm thinking maybe the timeslip in Episode 8 will be kind of different, like how they timeslipped into a photo in a photo in Episode 6.

But since its Episode 8, I don't think Ken will succeed, whether with Mikio's help or not. I guess we're going to see more dark episodes until maybe Episode 10. GAH

I wish Ken would learn from Tsuru. I feel frustrated like the fairy, Ken says that he's going to confess in each timeslip everytime, but Ken always ends up choosing the wrong time and wrong place to do it. Its not as ass-looking as Tada's confession, but Tsuru's confession (? Not very sure whether it was a confession, since I couldn't understand it, but it seemed very emotional and touching.) beats Ken's confession handsdown in Episode 7. If I were Rei, I would think Ken was joking too.

Sigh, another week till Episode 8. Will it be yet another dark episode? I just hope that Tada looks like an ass again.
Alright guys. First and foremost this is not my work, or words, and I am not trying to take away credit to the person who wrote this. This was taken from a blog that I frequent to help me fill in some of the holes that I miss when I watch this drama live. Here is the url for the blog so you can read the whole summary. http://daelite.wordpress.com/2007/05/29 ... mary-caps/........
This is what Hisashi said to Eri: Eventually Ken’s insistence for Hisashi to chase after Eri somehow reaches through to him- because he does just that. Running after Eri he tells her not to go. She stops ahead of him and he tells her that she’s the one he admires and doesn’t want her to go. He doesn’t want to see her in a love that only brings tears and tells her it’s OK not to go back to her old boyfriend. Eri never says anything and her phone rings with an incoming call from that guy but she doesn’t pick up. And with that she turns around and heads back to the school. Hisashi is trying to act calm but is rather bouncy and excited by Eri’s side. She tells him she isn’t going back because of a short guy like him and he begins walking along the nearby wall to be taller, telling Eri how he’ll get tall- resolving to drink 3 liters of milk a day, join the basketball team, etc… (LOL). Eri just tells him he’s dumb, but walks ahead with a smile as romantic music plays

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 29th, '07, 16:45

lunargen wrote:on mikio:

and on the game:
im not really familiar with the game, but its named "The King(Oosama) Game." i think its a game that no matter what the "King" says, and the others will follow. :D But darn Tsuru explains it poorly and explains to Tada (who didn't know squat about the game) that it's a game where you could say anything. and thus, the darned confession (which was lousy hahaha as mikio so aptly put hahaha).... ><.


OK, here is my opinion on the game scene *puts up a sign that reads secret*
Well, I thought the King game part of the episode was pure genious on the writters part. I know I hate saying this but Tada needed to confess to Rei that episode. By using the King game the writters sorta allowed Tada to confess this time but however due to it being done in front of everyone and while playing the King game it was a genious way of allowing Tada to confess to Rei without having dire consequences to the future.( and the storyline I might add) I am almost certain that Rei didn't take Tada too seriously especially after Eri, Hasashi, and Mikio scolded Tada for doing that in front of everyone and had such a bad timing.
Another thing.....many people say that the episodes are going to be dark from here on out up to the last episode. I really don't think that is the case. Besides don't forget that this is a romantic comedy. Anyways I personally didn't find Ep 7 "dark" in anyway. I found myself cheering for Ken! and this time......*holds up a sign that says secret*
He actually changed the future. I don't see this ep. as a total loss or any loss to Ken. Tada was going to confess to Rei no matter what Ken did. He just delayed the first confession by busting in on them earlier in the episode thus forcing Tada to pretty much make an ass out of himself in front of everyone when he confessed the second time. I thought that was funny as hell! Ken just got a little discouraged because he loves Rei so much and like I said earlier he is fighting an inward battle on wither or not he loves Rei enough to hurt his friend Tada.
Episode 8 is one week away! :cry:

User avatar
daelite
Posts: 52
Joined: Mar 31st, '07, 21:23
Location: USA

Post by daelite » May 29th, '07, 17:53

In nonserious discussion of episode seven:
What did everyone think of the Winter Sonata references at the beginning of the time-slip? LOL, cracked me up. Ken's former baseball teammate made a great cosplayer as Bae Yong Joon ;)
On Mikio..
He's been acting a bit weird since the beginning of the series during the time slip... it always seems like he KNOWS something- though for awhile I thought maybe he liked Rei too.

Whether or not his time slip self has realized the time slip is happening in episode 8 probably depends on WHEN the next time slip takes Ken back too.
Mikio caught Ken on video camera (during the water balloon fight) talking about the winner of two gold medals in the 2004 summer Olympics before it happened (Kitajima Kousuke). So if the next time slip goes back after the gold medals hava been won, time slip Mikio might realize something is up with Ken.

That's what I think anyway... :X

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » May 29th, '07, 17:55

Graymouse wrote:
Joe> Let me know when you are ready to discuss ep 7 in detail. I have some ideas that I would like to convey.
Hai, zehi. Please take the lead. These aren't fun episodes for me, but in every garden, a little rain must fall. I'm supposed to watch each episode at least three times to improve my Japanese listening skills, but I can only bear to watch these no more than once.
Anyway, Tada's 告白 became tres gauche because Ken messed him up. That's probably the only progress Ken managed to achieve in this episode. I don't think he cares so much about how Tada's going to feel. Tada can hook up with somebody else, but for Ken there isn't any other.
I'm going to look on the bright side and try to cheer up my fellow Ken boosters. Let's not minimize Ken's progress here. Graymouse, I think this is going to cost Tada a bit more than you say.
Tada's original confession was natural and discreet. It wasn't because he planned it that way, he was just lucky. He blurted it out when Rei entered the room and they just happened to be alone together. Those fortunate circumstances masked his social ineptitude. On theother hand, this new version is truer to Tada's innate dorkmanship. It was strained and in utter poor taste, particularly in a culture where people aren't accustomed to being so sentimentally demonstrative in public. Tada created an extremely uneasy moment for everybody in that room, and it's something they won't soon forget. For now, it doesn't come across so negatively because Tada ended up with Rei. But if Ken's mission succeeds, that awkward moment will not only remain in everybody's collective memory, it will appear progressively crass and distasteful in light of the changed context. Have you ever done anything so embarrasing that it makes others cringe everytime they remember it? This is potentially that kind of moment. Or worse.
What does that incident say about Tada? Was he thinking about how Rei would feel if he did that? Was it ok just because it worked? How much would it have sucked if she had not been receptive to his advances?

User avatar
eUxaZnxRo
Posts: 59
Joined: Nov 8th, '06, 16:42

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 29th, '07, 20:00

episode 7

tada
i'm starting to be quite confused about this character. he's nice overall (helps rei in many ways), he's a dork (math and weddings don't really mix), he's shy (at first), he's straightforward (can you say 2nd confession?). he's basically an oxymoron... although i'm glad that the 1st confession was interrupted (the meaning would've been convey to rei), it was ultimately a confession... i wished that it was avoided overall, but i don't think it could've been stopped. ken did all he could and the best possible way played out... i did enjoy the fact that tada looked for a "i'm-soo-happy-you-confessed-to-me" from rei after confession #2, but only got an awkward look from her... priceless!

it also appeared that he just noticed that he loved rei earlier in the episode (while looking at the album and thinking about last summer)... it took him roughly 30 minutes to an hour to digest that and he's ready to confess? this is just me, but i need more like a few days, heck weeks and months more like it, before i can truly admit that i like someone... why did tada feels so spontaneous? was he rushed to beat ken to it?
tsuruXeri
definitely cheered me up that they ended up together... i thought that the fairy would at least give him a thumbs up for not being so selfish and also help out his friends... oh well. absolutely happy they hooked up... can you hear the wedding bells???
mikio
yay! so mikio is the smart one from the group (can't be said of tsuru)... but i gotta say that maybe the fairy went up to him and dropped him a few hints. now that mikio knows, he can help (looks like it in the previews as well)... but maybe ken needs to admit that he timeslips in order for mikio to fully understand in the past. besides, we don't know how long it took him to actually figure it out. it could be during the olympics when it dawned on mikio... but it could also have been one random day, when mikio was lying awake in bed and just randomly thought about things... ken needs to step up and ask for help from mikio
extras
no marathon runner... no taxi driver... socrates as lead from winter sonata, haha... homeroom teacher as a tennis player?!?! (did the preview show him crossdressing? please someone verify this...) at least they bring me comic relief
i appreciate the writers for not only focusing on kenXreiXtada but also including tsuru, eri and mikio in the process... i shall root for all but tada...

User avatar
lilsh0rtnancy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sep 17th, '04, 22:08

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 29th, '07, 22:30

Ep. 7 Tada:
Has anyone noticed Tada-san's expression when he was looking through the album and saw the last time-slip picture w/ Ken standing at the window looking desolate? I think he might've noticed Ken there. I think Tada knows there's something there between Ken & Rei, but he's being selfish on his part.
I'm sorry but this whole student-teacher relationship just grosses me out. I know he's only 6 yrs. older than her, but calling up a teacher to hangout or whatvers is just :blink to me.
Image
by: sayuri

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » May 29th, '07, 22:43

I noticed that after watching episode 7, a lot of people are of the impression that Tada “just” realized he was attracted to Rei, as if he had been asleep until then and suddenly woke up to her existence. Let me play devil’s advocate again for the opposite view. I say he’s been checking her out for quite some time. Here’s my evidence:
First, check out the pictures Tada hand picked to keep in his little album. Aren’t there way too many shots of Rei in there? Photo albums aren’t really a guy thing, but when we collect pictures of a female who isn’t a blood relative, it’s usually not because we want to be just friends with her. Second, a lot of the pictures are of him and Rei together, without the rest of the gang. Apparently sensei has been spending a lot of time socializing with his student, and if you understand men, you’ll know this kind of thing doesn’t happen by accident. Third, take note of the first mental image of Rei that flashed through Tada’s head as he contemplated his feelings. It’s Rei in high school giving him flowers. This shot was deliberately chosen by the director for that moment to indicate the first time Tada became aware of Rei as a woman.
So, based on that evidence, I would argue that Tada has always been attracted to Rei, but did not feel comfortable making his true intentions known to her until that point. In a way, telling everybody about it is like an act of atonement, as if to say "I haven't been honest with you guys but it's high time I stopped playing games." I think this is a more realistic view given how men are in real life. Sexual attraction in men is a heavily visual process, so a normal man doesn’t wake up one day and realize for the first time that one of his students is built like Nagasawa Masami and is very attractive. He would know this from the moment he first lays eyes on her.

tritochjay
Posts: 39
Joined: May 8th, '07, 01:58
Location: Chi-town

Post by tritochjay » May 29th, '07, 22:45

Tada is integrated in their circle now. I don't SEE the teacher-student relationship in them anymore. Feels more like a senpai-kouhei relationship now. So yeah.

Ep 07
I still wonder how Mikio figured out that Ken was timeslipping FROM the wedding party and not from other events. Chronologically, the only thing that gives Ken away are the hints of stuff that didn't happened yet but these 'stuff' are 'global' in nature and nothing personal or local. I thought it was weird to confront Ken in the wedding about him slipping. Past Mikio will the get the clue but he WILL NOT know how far from the future Ken is by just figuring out Ina Bauer, Olympics, baseball... etc etc..

atleast that's my 2 cents

As for the rest of the episode, the 'Honey and Clover' references are up on again this time with the fireworks- telling US (the viewers) that Tada has the hots for Rei. And I don't see the issue of the highschool mentality coming into play as Rei is well over the mental maturity of highschoolers issues (eventhough she's somewhat ... when it comes to Ken :D)

In all, let me just say, LETS ENJOY THE RIDE

physics223
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 4th, '06, 00:40

Post by physics223 » May 30th, '07, 02:39

This drama rocks. I can hardly wait for episode 6, hehehe.

twl
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 21st, '05, 01:39

Post by twl » May 30th, '07, 02:45

Resisted the temptation to click on this link for more than 2 days! Finally i get to watch it!!!
I don't really know what to comment in this episode!
Oh yea..! Regarding about the 'confesion' ken made to rei, it was sad it got shot down!! Sadly this is how things work! When you want to confess to someone you knew for a long long time, and have been really closed to you, it MUST be something special! Anything else will be taken as a joke, thus ignored.... ouch! But atleast from that incident, rei would atleast have catch some small hint about ken... that he is actually trying hard!

the short recap on what rei did on episode 6... sending her letter down the drain was really really depressing!
Ok, i guess i'm off to japan... in 12 hours time!! Hopefully i'll get to watch it next monday! I don't want to wait for 2 weeks, and watch it all at once!

ken... dont let us all down!!!

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 30th, '07, 03:09

I finally got to watch the episode!
Oh man, I had a huge sinking feeling in my stomach as Tada confessed. Poor Ken. And for Tada to get the stick - Ken really has the worst luck!

But when Ken came back and Eri and Tsuru were together - *squee!!* I loved it. I hope we will get to see their relationship start and develop through the flash backs. :) Ken really should take notes from Tsuru though, he always seems one step ahead. (even if he did need Ken's prodding in this ep).

And Mikio. I know people have been saying that he'd figure it out and I didn't believe anyone. But he has. ANd now he's going to help! ooh! Next week is too long away!
Image

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 30th, '07, 03:18

joeboygo wrote: What does that incident say about Tada? Was he thinking about how Rei would feel if he did that? Was it ok just because it worked? How much would it have sucked if she had not been receptive to his advances?
@Joe>
Personally I think that confession in front of everyone madeTada looked like a total ass simply because he did not even take Rei's feelings into any consideration. To me he was determined to confess to her and in a last attempt he confessed to her in the most unappropriate way and probably out of desperation. I think Tada had all those feelings for Rei bottled up for a long time and when he finally built up enough courage to confess to Rei and Ken burst in on them right before Tada was going to confess. I believe this frustrated him because of the look that he gave Ken when he came in. (at that moment I was cheering) Which forced Tada to do the spur of the moment one at the end of the episode.

User avatar
lilsh0rtnancy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sep 17th, '04, 22:08

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 30th, '07, 04:08

Graymouse wrote:
joeboygo wrote: What does that incident say about Tada? Was he thinking about how Rei would feel if he did that? Was it ok just because it worked? How much would it have sucked if she had not been receptive to his advances?
@Joe>
Personally I think that confession in front of everyone madeTada looked like a total ass simply because he did not even take Rei's feelings into any consideration. To me he was determined to confess to her and in a last attempt he confessed to her in the most unappropriate way and probably out of desperation. I think Tada had all those feelings for Rei bottled up for a long time and when he finally built up enough courage to confess to Rei and Ken burst in on them right before Tada was going to confess. I believe this frustrated him because of the look that he gave Ken when he came in. (at that moment I was cheering) Which forced Tada to do the spur of the moment one at the end of the episode.
I swear, I truly believe that Tada does know about Ken's feelings for Rei and Rei has feelings for Ken. I will never put Rei's feelings for Ken in the past tense because obviously she still loves him (look at the way she looks at him at the wedding! those looks should only go to the one you love!)
Anyways, did anyone notice the way Tada-san looked at Rei and Ken when they were playing fireworks? Rei gave Ken the fireworks stick first. I know I'm reading too much into it, but I did notice the look Tada had on his face. It was like, "hhm... she pays more attention to Ken"
Image
by: sayuri

User avatar
aatm
Posts: 114
Joined: Jan 28th, '07, 04:43
Location: Orange County

Post by aatm » May 30th, '07, 05:56

*sigh*

finally watched the episode. i listened to it this morning on my drive to work (split the vid from the aud...i REALLY couldn't wait...i needed to know what happened)

anyways

mikio
i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the fairy didn't help him. obviously, when he was recording what ken said during the water balloon fight, and ken's reaction to "letting the future slip"...it stayed on ken being recorded a little too long. that gives the impression that something was up.

also, i don't think it's so difficult to comprehend that mikio knew that ken was time-slipping from the wedding hall. after all, all the times when "past ken" was acting not like "past ken" would normally, were times surrounding the pictures at the slideshow. i think that each time ken timeslipped, and came back, mikio probably noticed that that picture being shown, ken acted a little differently. put two and two together (ken's letting the future slip and past ken acting like future ken) and it's pretty obvious...of course, it's obvious to us. mikio's just a smart guy.
erixtsuru
okay, okay, okay...i'll admit that i could be wrong...i'm still hoping that the series doesn't end with a erixtsuru wedding, but if it does, i won't be surprised anymore. i'm just freaking glad that we're FINALLY seeing a "significantly" different future other than the fairy telling us that Rei's feelings are changing and the pictures changing
fairy
did anyone notice that when ken said that he was going to stop time slipping...almost the...surprise or shock for the fairy? startled? i think that the fairy will let ken time slip again, because obviously, some of the from the ep 8 preview are from the reception, but some are not, so i'm thinking that he will somehow. and in regards to the different snap...i think it was supposed to give ken a chance to change his mind and stop the fairy...like, the wedding bells were there to kind of remind ken what he was giving up...maybe...*shrug*. but since the fairy can see inside people's hearts, i think he'll understand that ken was just speaking out of desperation.
ken
i gotta say that when ken doesn't scream when time slipping...it's pretty chilling for me. i don't know about anyone else. it's that same thing when something bad or shocking happens, you're just kind of in that state of...well, shock...where you don't really respond to anything, and you're eyes are kind of glassed over. i like how it seemed that ken seemed to really be staring down Tada this whole episode...at least, after he busted in on Tada and Rei. By the way, did anyone else notice Tada's face when ken busted in...not the immediate shot, but the one where he turned his head? at first i thought it was embarrassment, but then i looked at it again, and it seemed more like him being ticked at ken. i think tada knows how ken feels about rei. i mean, he just nonchalantly skipped over the picture from rei's hatachi birthday with ken in background like it was nothing.
also, i need to apologize about my post about wanting the episode to be out when it wasn't out yet. i did not at all intend for it to come across as me pressuring the people who record/compress/upload the torrent for us to drop what they're doing and do it. it was more so meant to show my "ansyness" about wanting to see what happened next...especially after ep 6. which also i wanted to comment about...i would think that after ep 6, viewership would've skyrocketed. like "holy crap...i can't believe what happened...i need to see what happens next..."

definitely one of my favorite dramas ever.

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » May 30th, '07, 07:00

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:
Anyways, did anyone notice the way Tada-san looked at Rei and Ken when they were playing fireworks? Rei gave Ken the fireworks stick first. I know I'm reading too much into it, but I did notice the look Tada had on his face. It was like, "hhm... she pays more attention to Ken"
If you want encouraging symbolism, don't look for it in episodes 6 or 7. Believe me I've tried. It's been brutal. Instead, go back to happy, sunny, honey-dipped episode 5. In the grocery store he was pushing the natto while she was insisting on hanpen. Those are two flavor extremes that go together very well. Then when they get home, take note of the two things she grabs to put in the fridge, which leads to a happy discovery. It's a sign, I tell you, A SIGN!

Then when they both get back after THE SCENE what do they find? Tada has mixed up their ingredients into a Kansai style batter. If you come from Hiroshima, like she does, that's like, a mortal sin. And if Tada thought flipping an Osaka okonomiyage was difficult, he should try doing it with the Hiroshima style. Check out the Dotch Cooking Show episode on okonomiyage and you'll see what I mean. Anyway, what does all this symbolism mean? It means he's doomed, that's what. End of story. Fast forward to episode 11 for THE SCENE redux. The end.

I'm losing it. I don't know how much longer I can hold on.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 30th, '07, 14:06

I don't know what to say about this episode... Ken's attitude moved from being passive / changing best for rei to a little bit selfish side. This is also inevitable since there is no fairness in a 3 person love fight! but sometimes i don't get why ken is so indecisive about his actions. why can't he simply confess like a man! Judging by the condition right now, Tada is stil going to get rei since Ken's attempt(water balloon) got shutdown by rei. It was kind of a hassle thing to say though without considering the feeling for the other side. "I am going to throw this water balloon and if it hits, let's go out!" However rei was moved emotionally for a little while. Sometimes i don't get what rei wants. Does she want a cute / gift / innuendo confession or does she simply want a blunt plain yell of i love u? :glare: :glare:

This episode definitely sucked decision wise on Ken's part... another disappointment..

User avatar
aatm
Posts: 114
Joined: Jan 28th, '07, 04:43
Location: Orange County

Post by aatm » May 30th, '07, 20:29

something that bugs me is...rei has to know that ken likes her...just...what is she waiting for though? how many times has he walked up to her and said, "Rei, I li...."(ke you)? I mean, come on...with ken staring deep into her eyes...and the nervousness that comes from a confession...just, come on. why does it have to be ken to confess. i understand she did by herself when she thought that ken was at his apartment, but ken confesses his love for her when she's not around...at least in his mind.

*shrug*

User avatar
LightningEmperor
Posts: 104
Joined: Dec 20th, '04, 05:01
Location: United States

Post by LightningEmperor » May 30th, '07, 22:14

I have to say that ep 7 is probably my fav ep. yet. There was this whole serious atmosphere about it. And Eri and Tsuru, how awesome! He finally got his dream girl
"Sometimes people confuse my passion with my temper. I am demanding but never without reason. I expect no less than a vision to strive for perfection from everyone else because that is what I will strive to give to you too."

lzydata
Posts: 184
Joined: Jul 29th, '05, 10:36
Location: Singapore

Post by lzydata » May 31st, '07, 04:11

Sorry for bringing up an issue that's been discussed before - to death? - but the whole Tada-Rei relationship still feels creepy to me. tritochjay above said it looks more like a senpai-kouhai one now, but they still call the man "sensei", right? And the next moment this sensei confesses his love for one of his "students." I'm not sure why they couldn't simply have a high school or university senior - a real senpai be Rei's fiance and Ken's rival. This is to me a weak point of the drama, how parts of it is downright like Kou Kou Kyoushi. Kind of distracting :( Maybe this is a case of signing on the celebrity first and worrying about the story later.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 31st, '07, 05:24

aatm wrote:something that bugs me is...rei has to know that ken likes her...just...what is she waiting for though? how many times has he walked up to her and said, "Rei, I li...."(ke you)? I mean, come on...with ken staring deep into her eyes...and the nervousness that comes from a confession...just, come on. why does it have to be ken to confess. i understand she did by herself when she thought that ken was at his apartment, but ken confesses his love for her when she's not around...at least in his mind.

*shrug*
Just thinking about it now. I think Rei is using that as a test for Ken's maturity. Having known him from kindergarten(iono it that's correct), Ken was always oblivious and indecisive. Maybe Rei wanted to hear the " i love you" from his own word to serve as an evidence that Ken has finally become mature and a man who knows his goal. For the vast various reason that might be lefted unclear in this episode, I really hope this will not to be down fall of the whole series. Whatever it might be, I would like Ken become mature and ambitious in a more formal and mature way. I hope he will not become ambitious due to lust and mature due to competition.

User avatar
8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 630
Joined: Sep 29th, '05, 03:17
Location: Fansub addict
Contact:

Post by 8thSin » May 31st, '07, 06:16

LightningEmperor wrote:
I have to say that ep 7 is probably my fav ep. yet. There was this whole serious atmosphere about it. And Eri and Tsuru, how awesome! He finally got his dream girl
I was thinking of the exactly same thing! Ep7 is the best episode so far IMO :D

Mikio:
Ken will probably beg the "angel" to go back again just because he realize now that future can be changed. I very much doubt Mikio will go back with him, because that's just cheating. :roll
In the very first episode, Ken told both his guy friends that he came back in time, but they just thought he was nuts.
The reason Mikio told Ken at the end of Ep7 that he knew Ken was time slipping is because he made a link with the slide show: Ken came back on the day each photo was taken, therefore this wedding reception must be where Ken is going back from.

I think Ken will ask Mikio for help and convince him about timeslip, and Mikio will believe it. In end of Ep7, he said "If you came back again, I could've helped you" meaning he noticed it on the day after that Olympic comment, but since Ken never time slipped again, it was too awkward telling him about it (and of course, Ken wouldn't have believed it)
My prediction:
Next episode will be the one where Ken finally confess his love to Rei. But he will be rejected for being too late. (in the preview, Rei said "I've already decided to go out with the teacher")
And the last 3 episodes will probably be the "Propose Daisakusen" at last, where he plan to win back Rei with help of his guy friends each time he go back, until he finally succeed in the final episode.

I am still hoping that he will propose in the present rather than going back in time to do it... Somehow :scratchchin:

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 31st, '07, 11:37

yes, I agree.
I think the proposal (if one at all) should definitely be in the present.
Thoughts:
I wonder if he will tell Rei that he went back in time. That would bring up too many complications in the relationship I think, so probably not, but it's still interesting.

Also, Rei really is a difficult girl isn't she. I mean, she says she has given up, and I get the impression that past Ken is a bit of an idiot, but these little glimpses she sees of Future Ken - wouldn't that give you a spark of hope? Maybe neither Ken nor Tada is right for her, she seems to be searching for something more perhaps.
Image

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 31st, '07, 13:13

GoddessCarlie wrote:yes, I agree.
I think the proposal (if one at all) should definitely be in the present.
Thoughts:
I wonder if he will tell Rei that he went back in time. That would bring up too many complications in the relationship I think, so probably not, but it's still interesting.

Also, Rei really is a difficult girl isn't she. I mean, she says she has given up, and I get the impression that past Ken is a bit of an idiot, but these little glimpses she sees of Future Ken - wouldn't that give you a spark of hope? Maybe neither Ken nor Tada is right for her, she seems to be searching for something more perhaps.
Definitely props for the thoughts. But as you can see the way Rei looks at Ken after each slight show, I think the smile seems more innocent and more regretting.

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 31st, '07, 13:20

Not sure what is in store for us in the future episodes. At the present time Ken pre-maturely decided to stop time-slipping. What really bothers me about this is the scene with Tsuru and Eri (holding hands and dating) was before the fairy came and Ken saw that he actually changed the future this time around. That should of given him some confedence but I guess after standing there in that room in the past where "King" of the Dorks confessed to Rei (in my opinion very distastefully) was the (forgive the cliche') the straw that broke the camels back and Ken didn't know how to react to such a blow to the heart. I couldn't of imagine what was going through Ken's mind when Tada confessed. The look on his face was a look of total disbelief and a look of a heart that was ripped from his chest. Mikio looked very disgusted when Tada confessed and the comment that he said to Tada I also believe that Mikio noticed Ken was looking away and down at the floor all depressed and broken hearted.

Too add more fuel on the fire about Tada, I believe Tada is a very sick man. He should be ashamed of himself. Why can't he find a girl his age?! Tada is a very insensetive man and only thinks of himself. He has yet to do anything out of the kindess of his heart for the group without a devious plot behind his actions. Also I believe that Tada has had affection for Rei since they first meet that day in highshcool. Tada even said that Rei's words inspired him. No matter what you try and say Tada just didn't realize or just fell helplessly in love with Rei during Ep 7. He has had those feelings for a loooong time. The pysical proof of that is in that photo album that Tada was looking through (more than once I might add) throughout the episode. When Tada was looking through his scrap book I noticed that the group picture of the day that Tada left the high-school has been cropped to only show him and Rei. Everyone else especially Ken has been folded under or cut. Many pictures were of Tada and Rei by themselves so that tells me that something was there. Like someone posted earlier, guys don't just collect pictures just to collect them. They have to have meaning to the guy as in a family member or someone who they like.

I think what makes me extremely mad is this....from that photo album its apparent that Tada has been haging out with the group for awhile. So your telling me that in all that time that he has been hanging out (which again I will add disgusts me) with the group he had not noticed the connection between Ken and Rei? Or did he choose to ignore it and decided to go after Rei in spite of Ken's feelings for Rei? Seriously, you have to be a complete moron or a jerk not to notice that there is something between Rei and Ken.

Ken has done countless unselfish acts for the group. He helped Eri and Tusru get together. Ken has always put the group of friends needs before his own and inspite of all his efforts to help his friends he has yet to help himself.

I really feel sorry for Ken and it seems my grief for him is growing every episode. Especially In the last two episodes the circumstances where not even Ken's fault at all. Ken just has some of the worst luck ever! I have come to a conclusion that Rei marrying Tada was not Ken's fault at all.

At the wedding reception in 2007 it is so obvious that Rei still has feelings for Ken inspite of his shortcomings. Even in Ep 1 it is very noticable, and as Ken proceeds through the filmstrip and goes and comes back from the timeslips. The looks that Rei gives Ken just confirms the fact that Tada should not be sitting next to her. Again somone stated earlier (in this huge thread) that the looks Rei gives Ken thus far should only be reserved for the one she is married to.

How can Tada sit there next to her and smile and think everything is ok when he knowingly manipulated Rei to a point were she would want to marry him? As the final episodes air its becoming more apparent that is what happened and Ken being Ken just let Rei slip right by him and before he fully understood what had happened it was waaaaay to late.
will add more in a few mins....

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 31st, '07, 13:45

pwner4once wrote:
GoddessCarlie wrote:
Thoughts:
Also, Rei really is a difficult girl isn't she. I mean, she says she has given up, and I get the impression that past Ken is a bit of an idiot, but these little glimpses she sees of Future Ken - wouldn't that give you a spark of hope? Maybe neither Ken nor Tada is right for her, she seems to be searching for something more perhaps.
Definitely props for the thoughts. But as you can see the way Rei looks at Ken after each slight show, I think the smile seems more innocent and more regretting.
I'm more talking about past Rei rather than Future (present) Rei, and about how in the last couple of episodes she has said she has given up on Ken.
Image

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 31st, '07, 13:51

Graymouse wrote:
Not sure what is in store for us in the future episodes. At the present time Ken pre-maturely decided to stop time-slipping. What really bothers me about this is the scene with Tsuru and Eri (holding hands and dating) was before the fairy came and Ken saw that he actually changed the future this time around. That should of given him some confedence but I guess after standing there in that room in the past where "King" of the Dorks confessed to Rei (in my opinion very distastefully) was the (forgive the cliche') the straw that broke the camels back and Ken didn't know how to react to such a blow to the heart. I couldn't of imagine what was going through Ken's mind when Tada confessed. The look on his face was a look of total disbelief and a look of a heart that was ripped from his chest. Mikio looked very disgusted when Tada confessed and the comment that he said to Tada I also believe that Mikio noticed Ken was looking away and down at the floor all depressed and broken hearted.

Too add more fuel on the fire about Tada, I believe Tada is a very sick man. He should be ashamed of himself. Why can't he find a girl his age?! Tada is a very insensetive man and only thinks of himself. He has yet to do anything out of the kindess of his heart for the group without a devious plot behind his actions. Also I believe that Tada has had affection for Rei since they first meet that day in highshcool. Tada even said that Rei's words inspired him. No matter what you try and say Tada just didn't realize or just fell helplessly in love with Rei during Ep 7. He has had those feelings for a loooong time. The pysical proof of that is in that photo album that Tada was looking through (more than once I might add) throughout the episode. When Tada was looking through his scrap book I noticed that the group picture of the day that Tada left the high-school has been cropped to only show him and Rei. Everyone else especially Ken has been folded under or cut. Many pictures were of Tada and Rei by themselves so that tells me that something was there. Like someone posted earlier, guys don't just collect pictures just to collect them. They have to have meaning to the guy as in a family member or someone who they like.

I think what makes me extremely mad is this....from that photo album its apparent that Tada has been haging out with the group for awhile. So your telling me that in all that time that he has been hanging out (which again I will add disgusts me) with the group he had not noticed the connection between Ken and Rei? Or did he choose to ignore it and decided to go after Rei in spite of Ken's feelings for Rei? Seriously, you have to be a complete moron or a jerk not to notice that there is something between Rei and Ken.

Ken has done countless unselfish acts for the group. He helped Eri and Tusru get together. Ken has always put the group of friends needs before his own and inspite of all his efforts to help his friends he has yet to help himself.

I really feel sorry for Ken and it seems my grief for him is growing every episode. Especially In the last two episodes the circumstances where not even Ken's fault at all. Ken just has some of the worst luck ever! I have come to a conclusion that Rei marrying Tada was not Ken's fault at all.

At the wedding reception in 2007 it is so obvious that Rei still has feelings for Ken inspite of his shortcomings. Even in Ep 1 it is very noticable, and as Ken proceeds through the filmstrip and goes and comes back from the timeslips. The looks that Rei gives Ken just confirms the fact that Tada should not be sitting next to her. Again somone stated earlier (in this huge thread) that the looks Rei gives Ken thus far should only be reserved for the one she is married to.

How can Tada sit there next to her and smile and think everything is ok when he knowingly manipulated Rei to a point were she would want to marry him? As the final episodes air its becoming more apparent that is what happened and Ken being Ken just let Rei slip right by him and before he fully understood what had happened it was waaaaay to late.
will add more in a few mins....
Wow! What a rant! ;) ;)
I do feel a little bit like there is something wrong with Tada - more in that perhaps he is a bit like a lamb and is in love with the first thing that shows kindness of a sort to him. Does anyone else feel like that? Maybe I'm being harsh here, but I get the feeling really that Tada is shy, antisocial (not knowing the norms of society in a way) and here is Rei probably the first girl to really treat him like a human? Maybe....

And it really does feel like Rei all along knows she has settled for second best, maybe because she thought that 1st choice is unattainable. But with Ken saying "su....." Well, If someone came to me an said "I li...." I would perhaps get the hint. Or at least, if I had a crush on a guy and he kept on doing that to me, I think it would be hard to "give up all hope" as Rei seems to have done.
Image

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 31st, '07, 13:56

GoddessCarlie wrote:
pwner4once wrote:
GoddessCarlie wrote:
Thoughts:
Also, Rei really is a difficult girl isn't she. I mean, she says she has given up, and I get the impression that past Ken is a bit of an idiot, but these little glimpses she sees of Future Ken - wouldn't that give you a spark of hope? Maybe neither Ken nor Tada is right for her, she seems to be searching for something more perhaps.
Definitely props for the thoughts. But as you can see the way Rei looks at Ken after each slight show, I think the smile seems more innocent and more regretting.
I'm more talking about past Rei rather than Future (present) Rei, and about how in the last couple of episodes she has said she has given up on Ken.
To add to the discussion.
I don't think that Rei has given up on Ken. Not yet. Perhaps those are scenes of the original past and Ken does something in episode 8 to change that. This drama has been known to give out scenes of the original past in the previews of the next episode so I hope that is the case with this.

However, if that is not the case I am really intrested in how the writters of this drama are going to end this thing. If Rei does indeed say that she has given up, then what did or didn't Ken do to make Rei to say such a thing to Ken? Did Tada minuplate her? If Ken is going to ultmatley get Rei in the end, Tada is going to have to do something totally wrong somewhere for Rei to just completely do a 180 on her her feelings. Perhaps Rei finds out that Tada was the pupppet master in the background pulling strings and minupliating Rei by making Ken look like a jerk? That would be a bittersweet and thus a deserving ending IMHO for Tada.

Whatever the case may be the writters have 4 more episodes to try and end tihs thing on a high note.
Last edited by Graymouse on May 31st, '07, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.

richnrich
Posts: 11
Joined: May 31st, '04, 02:04

Post by richnrich » May 31st, '07, 14:01

just my thought:
regardless ken gets together with rei or not, maybe in the end ken won't remember anything about the timeslip...in ken's memory, all the things he did during the timeslips were part of his past and not as the result of the timeslips. and if ken ends up with rei, in ken's memory, tada-rei's wedding has never happened....and in the end, the fairy will look at the happy couple ken and rei from far before he finally leaves ken..the fairy has just completed his mission...just hoping the fairy won't go to tada after that and give him a 2nd chance by doing the timeslips...then everything will be messy hahah..
i'm curious to see the ending....hope ken and rei will end up together :wub:

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » May 31st, '07, 14:09

richnrich wrote:just my thought:
regardless ken gets together with rei or not, maybe in the end ken won't remember anything about the timeslip...in ken's memory, all the things he did during the timeslips were part of his past and not as the result of the timeslips. and if ken ends up with rei, in ken's memory, tada-rei's wedding has never happened....and in the end, the fairy will look at the happy couple ken and rei from far before he finally leaves ken..the fairy has just completed his mission...just hoping the fairy won't go to tada after that and give him a 2nd chance by doing the timeslips...then everything will be messy hahah..
i'm curious to see the ending....hope ken and rei will end up together :wub:
I like that idea of an ending!!!!!!! :salut: I hadn't thought about that. That would be an appropriate ending for this drama. I guess inside I want Tada to go down! :cussing:

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 31st, '07, 14:51

GoddessCarlie wrote:
I do feel a little bit like there is something wrong with Tada - more in that perhaps he is a bit like a lamb and is in love with the first thing that shows kindness of a sort to him. Does anyone else feel like that? Maybe I'm being harsh here, but I get the feeling really that Tada is shy, antisocial (not knowing the norms of society in a way) and here is Rei probably the first girl to really treat him like a human? Maybe....

And it really does feel like Rei all along knows she has settled for second best, maybe because she thought that 1st choice is unattainable. But with Ken saying "su....." Well, If someone came to me an said "I li...." I would perhaps get the hint. Or at least, if I had a crush on a guy and he kept on doing that to me, I think it would be hard to "give up all hope" as Rei seems to have done.
Actually I was thinking that too.. Can "Rei no koto ga...su...su..." be mistaken for anything else in Japanese? If not, seriously any girl, if they were in Rei's position, would know that Ken is trying to confess...

I don't understand. Why would you turn down someone you've liked for most of your life, even though they couldn't "confess properly" but choose a guy who even though technically did confess to you, confessed it in the most awkward way ever?

But anyway I think Rei hasn't entirely given up on Ken. She's just doing what girls like to do: to say something totally opposite of what they really feel. HAHA
Graymouse wrote:
I think what makes me extremely mad is this....from that photo album its apparent that Tada has been haging out with the group for awhile. So your telling me that in all that time that he has been hanging out (which again I will add disgusts me) with the group he had not noticed the connection between Ken and Rei? Or did he choose to ignore it and decided to go after Rei in spite of Ken's feelings for Rei? Seriously, you have to be a complete moron or a jerk not to notice that there is something between Rei and Ken.
But he IS a complete moron! Who would choose to confess to someone like the way he did? But anyway, I'm so happy to find someone who shares in disgust for Tada haha!
Do you guys think we will see that marathon runner again in the final episdoe? I wonder what role he plays in this drama. It can't be totally random, since the writers put him in more than 1 episode. I think he will have a part to play in Ken's future, or maybe Ken will change his future.

User avatar
8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 630
Joined: Sep 29th, '05, 03:17
Location: Fansub addict
Contact:

Post by 8thSin » May 31st, '07, 15:12

richnrich wrote:just my thought:
regardless ken gets together with rei or not, maybe in the end ken won't remember anything about the timeslip...in ken's memory, all the things he did during the timeslips were part of his past and not as the result of the timeslips. and if ken ends up with rei, in ken's memory, tada-rei's wedding has never happened....and in the end, the fairy will look at the happy couple ken and rei from far before he finally leaves ken..the fairy has just completed his mission...just hoping the fairy won't go to tada after that and give him a 2nd chance by doing the timeslips...then everything will be messy hahah..
Interesting, but highly unlikely...
Ken HAS to remember the timeslip. What kind of dorama would this be if he didn't remember how much he went through to win back Rei and how much he really loved Rei in the end?

Not to mention it would create lots of time travel paradoxes... If he didn't remember, who was going back in time and changing his behavior each time?
Of course, if this wedding between Rei and Tada didn't happen, that would create a whole new 'grandfather's paradox' because if there was no wedding, future/present Ken would never be going back to the past in the first place. Time travel is so damn complicated! :sweat: That's why I love any drama or movies with it!

I would think the final episode will be time slip to earlier in the day, and stopping the wedding somehow. That group photo at the end of wedding in Ep1 was too suspicious. He had one of those depressed expression on his face like every photo before time slip. Maybe he will fix everything and find himself sitting next to Rei at the reception after taking that photo again. Then have a little chat with the angel, and the series end...

User avatar
aatm
Posts: 114
Joined: Jan 28th, '07, 04:43
Location: Orange County

Post by aatm » Jun 1st, '07, 01:32

kinda going off of what 8thsin said, I found one that's a little suspicious....
if ken and rei didn't go say bye to rei's grandfather one last time, they would've just prepped for the soccer get together, thus, judging by the reaction of ken and rei when they got back, Tada probably wouldn't have been cooking.....? maybe? but because they went back, Tada ended up cooking in the wrong style?....*shrug*...maybe not...maybe they just let Tada cook to be nice to him.
and in regards to what kilaalaa mentioned...
i'm pretty sure that Ken's confession could be twisted into something else, just like we do in English ("Kilaalaa...I...like...I like...to chat on D-Addicts." you know?) but yes, something else can be said in place of 好き. But of course, you know, couple that with the deep look in the eyes and the nervousness, and yeah, it doesn't take rocket science to figure it out.
and i'm pretty sure that the marathon runner is there just for comic relief, kinda like socrates...granted, socrates gave ken his seat back in episode 3? 4? but yeah.

now i'm gonna watch ep 6 now that love song's is out. my roommate wants to watch it, and she doesn't like watching the raw's since she can't understand anything. i keep reminding her that i only understand about 10-20% of the dialogue, but alot can be inferred from the on screen interaction. oh well.

User avatar
avexdevil
Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 17:54
Location: Perth, Australia

Post by avexdevil » Jun 1st, '07, 07:49

a few pages back regarding my reply.

he doesn't have to hunt her ldown ike a wolf, all he has to do is confess he likes her. nothing else, confessing, is in no means imposing yourself on someone. unless of course in certain scenarios, where a girl already has a boyfriend and you do something like that then it's plain wrong, however, in this case Rei is boyfriendless for so long and Ken knows she likes him too...

I think it's selfish for him to wait for Rei to come to him...how can you expect Rei to say she loves him first? Making her life better is one thing, but I think Rei is so miserable because of the way Ken treats her and he makes it better each time he goes back, but the ultimate thing that would make her happy would be for him to confess then ask her out.

in episode 7, it's quite sad actually, you guys can contemplate how tada is conniving and all, but Ken had so many chances and he just couldn't pull it off....

i know you guys have sympathy for ken and see another perspective that will support the 2 main leading actors, but somehow I think he's overcomplicating things, and dragging things for too long, it's time someone who is capable of being a real man steps up to the plate. my 2 cents.

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » Jun 1st, '07, 07:50

this feeling has been creeping up on me for some time now. i didn't understand why, but now, i think i do. if you are queasy with crass words, please skip this post. I am enraged, so please forgive me:
tada and rei SHOULD go together because they BOTH ARE SUCH SELFISH BRATS. in the COUNTLESS times i have watched the episodes over and over again (believe me when i say countless), i have come to the understanding that the reason why they should end up together is that because they can be quite the self centered fellows that they are. I think my points will mainly echo what the others have said previously, but i NEED to let this out. I hate how its gnawing away at me.

first off, Rei. FTW. I think she will never be satisfied no matter what kind of confession Ken scrambles up with. In agreement with GoddessCarlie, it doesn't take much brain matter to figure out that a sweaty, shifty Ken IS mumbling off half of a declaration love. And this has happened at LEAST three times. (well unless right after she COMPLETELY FORGETS ABOUT THEM) And any NORMAL girl who likes a particular guy well enough usually notices everything he says and does, and would interpret every action indicative of a little spark of interest. IS she a rock to be that dense? What will be enough for her anyway? But then, Rei isn't a normal girl, otherwise the drama wouldnt have gone this far anyway, and I wouldn't be ranting. Bear in mind though, that I refer to the Rei who is currently being changed, not the original Rei before the timeslips, because that Rei I understand, this one... ZENZEN.

And so I arrive at the conclusion that she shouldn't end up with Ken. Say, in the end, they do get married, live happily bla bla bla. Wait. Stop there. Live happily?! How the heck will Ken be able to live happily if at every turn, he'd have to be on his toes to make Rei happy lest she gets disappointed once again and puffs those ruddy cheeks of hers? I think that would neccessitate Yosei having to live at their house then. Keeping the marriage would be quite a feat, and I don't think guy could keep up for long to such high expectations, true love it may be or not. But there are guys who can be martyrs, and looks to me like Ken shapes up to be one, which just makes his case just even more despondent.

and of course, the DARLING TADA. I used to bark up for his side of the fence, BUT NO MORE. Okay, taking into consideration that you're a nerd and can be emotionally inept most times, but PUHLEASE! The insensitivity! *#$#@%#@%* I KNOW that he KNOWS of the Ken-Rei thing. He himself commented on it when he first taught them in high school and noticed how Rei is the only one who calls Ken as Kenzo. And he UNDERSTANDS the meaning of that cause he connected it to his relationship with his childhood friend who had a special nickname for him too! (and where the hell is this childhood friend now by the way) So he WILLFULLY blinds himself to this fact. Cause in doing that, it would be far easier (and without any shred of regret to go with it too) to be sucked into the folly of falling for Rei. And so, their happy ending.

To sum it all up, Rei doesn't deserve Ken, Ken deserves someone better, and Tada can go off and be happy with Rei for all I care. I don't think Rei has any expectations AT ALL of Tada anyway. Maybe that's why she ended up marrying him anyway, cause she knows she won't get disappointed AT ALL since there are no expectations that could not be met and thus lead up to that. Ken has suffered enough. No more trying to make the sun rise for "little miss sunshine". What he needs is someone who'd appreciate him for what he is, someone who wouldn't bend him to be what he naturally is not. Someone who was actually patient enough to have waited on him until he becomes mature enough to realize his feelings. Because that's how real love is.

by the way:
THEY ARE JUST TWENTY YEARS OLD. WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE HURRYING HIM UP FOR?!? *i dont think she was going menopausal at age 25 for her to be hurrying up to get married* :cussing:

if you've read this far. wow, you have a lot of patience. and i know some of you might want to kill me for this too. go ahead. but so far, this is what i TRULY feel.

**ps: and NO, this is NOT the yamapi fan talking. :)
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 1st, '07, 08:04

lunargen wrote:this feeling has been creeping up on me for some time now. i didn't understand why, but now, i think i do. if you are queasy with crass words, please skip this post. I am enraged, so please forgive me:
tada and rei SHOULD go together because they BOTH ARE SUCH SELFISH BRATS. in the COUNTLESS times i have watched the episodes over and over again (believe me when i say countless), i have come to the understanding that the reason why they should end up together is that because they can be quite the self centered fellows that they are. I think my points will mainly echo what the others have said previously, but i NEED to let this out. I hate how its gnawing away at me.

first off, Rei. FTW. I think she will never be satisfied no matter what kind of confession Ken scrambles up with. In agreement with GoddessCarlie, it doesn't take much brain matter to figure out that a sweaty, shifty Ken IS mumbling off half of a declaration love. And this has happened at LEAST three times. (well unless right after she COMPLETELY FORGETS ABOUT THEM) And any NORMAL girl who likes a particular guy well enough usually notices everything he says and does, and would interpret every action indicative of a little spark of interest. IS she a rock to be that dense? What will be enough for her anyway? But then, Rei isn't a normal girl, otherwise the drama wouldnt have gone this far anyway, and I wouldn't be ranting. Bear in mind though, that I refer to the Rei who is currently being changed, not the original Rei before the timeslips, because that Rei I understand, this one... ZENZEN.

And so I arrive at the conclusion that she shouldn't end up with Ken. Say, in the end, they do get married, live happily bla bla bla. Wait. Stop there. Live happily?! How the heck will Ken be able to live happily if at every turn, he'd have to be on his toes to make Rei happy lest she gets disappointed once again and puffs those ruddy cheeks of hers? I think that would neccessitate Yosei having to live at their house then. Keeping the marriage would be quite a feat, and I don't think guy could keep up for long to such high expectations, true love it may be or not. But there are guys who can be martyrs, and looks to me like Ken shapes up to be one, which just makes his case just even more despondent.

and of course, the DARLING TADA. I used to bark up for his side of the fence, BUT NO MORE. Okay, taking into consideration that you're a nerd and can be emotionally inept most times, but PUHLEASE! The insensitivity! *#$#@%#@%* I KNOW that he KNOWS of the Ken-Rei thing. He himself commented on it when he first taught them in high school and noticed how Rei is the only one who calls Ken as Kenzo. And he UNDERSTANDS the meaning of that cause he connected it to his relationship with his childhood friend who had a special nickname for him too! (and where the hell is this childhood friend now by the way) So he WILLFULLY blinds himself to this fact. Cause in doing that, it would be far easier (and without any shred of regret to go with it too) to be sucked into the folly of falling for Rei. And so, their happy ending.

To sum it all up, Rei doesn't deserve Ken, Ken deserves someone better, and Tada can go off and be happy with Rei for all I care. I don't think Rei has any expectations AT ALL of Tada anyway. Maybe that's why she ended up marrying him anyway, cause she knows she won't get disappointed AT ALL since there are no expectations that could not be met and thus lead up to that. Ken has suffered enough. No more trying to make the sun rise for "little miss sunshine". What he needs is someone who'd appreciate him for what he is, someone who wouldn't bend him to be what he naturally is not. Someone who was actually patient enough to have waited on him until he becomes mature enough to realize his feelings. Because that's how real love is.

by the way:
THEY ARE JUST TWENTY YEARS OLD. WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE HURRYING HIM UP FOR?!? *i dont think she was going menopausal at age 25 for her to be hurrying up to get married* :cussing:

if you've read this far. wow, you have a lot of patience. and i know some of you might want to kill me for this too. go ahead. but so far, this is what i TRULY feel.

**ps: and NO, this is NOT the yamapi fan talking. :)
:thumleft: Great rant there! I can definitely relate :)
I can understand that Rei may have higher expectations for Ken (I mean, you wouldn't want to be with someone who isn't "perfect" right, although -like Rei - some people take this "perfect" too far and forget about compromise. But what I don't understand is how she lowers her standards for Tada. Why marry someone who isn't perfect when you can have Ken who isn't perfect but your first choice? Eh....

Oh, and the scene we haven't gotten up to yet - where Ken doesn't understand Rei - well, it better be a big misunderstanding! I am really hoping that that scene will clear up some things about Rei. Hopefully.

Ah Rei... she can be soooo sweet sometimes, yet other times so frustrating!
Image

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 1st, '07, 08:35

Haha lunargen! Your rant entertains me so much, you won't believe how entertaining it is to someone stuck in an office. XD

I'm so happy it is Friday because that means Monday is coming soon and Monday means Prodai! Yayness! As long as its not like Ep 6. Ep 7 I can still take.
I have to agree that Rei is unnecessarily harsh on Ken. First the Randy Bass figurine, which was TOTALLY OBSCURE and well practically everything else. Maybe Rei has higher standards for Ken, since well they have been childhood friends since forever, but stilll.....

Rei's standards are TOO high. They're made for only someone who can read minds.

And wow Lunargen you brought up a point I totally forgot. Like you said, it is extremely weird that someone who would pick up on Ken and Rei's friendship in a MATH class would not be able to see their feelings for each other. Its real proof that Tada is a conniving bastard!

Graymouse
Posts: 197
Joined: May 5th, '07, 14:52
Location: Sasebo, Japan

Post by Graymouse » Jun 1st, '07, 09:30

lunargen wrote:this feeling has been creeping up on me for some time now. i didn't understand why, but now, i think i do. if you are queasy with crass words, please skip this post. I am enraged, so please forgive me:

You have some very intresting points however I will have to dissagree with you on some points.

You said:
tada and rei SHOULD go together because they BOTH ARE SUCH SELFISH BRATS. in the COUNTLESS times i have watched the episodes over and over again (believe me when i say countless), i have come to the understanding that the reason why they should end up together is that because they can be quite the self centered fellows that they are. I think my points will mainly echo what the others have said previously, but i NEED to let this out. I hate how its gnawing away at me.
was that if a girl really likes a guy she would notice that the guy was trying to confess to her. Now this is going to be a little more difficult to explain. I believe in my heart of hearts that Rei knows that Ken has been trying to confess to her. The problem with that is this. He has NOT actually came out and said, "Rei suki" and how she understands all his "failed" attempts is that Ken is not ready for a commitment and not ready to have a relationship other than that of being just childhood friends. He is not ready to take that next step but she is. She wants him to say that he likes her and be confident in his statment.

I say:
I wouldn't go as far as calling Rei selfish but I will say this about her she has very high expectations for Ken. She expects Ken to read her mind (I am refering to the R. Bass figurine) However, I can relate a bit because I have been in a similar situation as Ken was in my younger days. I think what the bottom line that Rei wanted to convey to Ken was that she wanted Ken to take the time to pay attention to her. The R. Bass figurine was to find out how much he notices the little things. One thing I remember my Dad told me as I was growing up and I think it applies here. "Don't worry about the big stuff that you can't control. What you SHOULD worry about is the small stuff because its the small stuff that will build up and before long you will have big regrets that you can't change." The past Ken's major failure was that he didn't pay attention to Rei while growing up. He never saw Rei as a girl. He thought Rei as "just one of the guys" and that was his major failure. So, no I don't think Rei was selfish in this case at all. Wanting someone to take the time to notice the small stuff about Rei is not being selfish. I will also echo everyone in saying that Rei truely did mature quicker than Ken.
Ok next you said:
And so I arrive at the conclusion that she shouldn't end up with Ken. Say, in the end, they do get married, live happily bla bla bla. Wait. Stop there. Live happily?! How the heck will Ken be able to live happily if at every turn, he'd have to be on his toes to make Rei happy lest she gets disappointed once again and puffs those ruddy cheeks of hers? I think that would neccessitate Yosei having to live at their house then. Keeping the marriage would be quite a feat, and I don't think guy could keep up for long to such high expectations, true love it may be or not. But there are guys who can be martyrs, and looks to me like Ken shapes up to be one, which just makes his case just even more despondent.
This his how I respond to this. I am married and I believe me when I tell you this I have disappointed my wife many times and I will more than likely dissappoint her many more times but there is something that keeps us together. Its called compromise. If Rei and Ken would end up getting married, they will have to come to an understanding and work with each other to help better understand each other. I will give you this though if Rei and Ken don't learn to compromise with each others shortcomming then it will never work out between them. ( which I believe this is what this drama is about).

I will not agrue your point on Tada the cradle robber and choose not to write too much about him or I will just end being mad as :cussing: Just thinking about what he is doing just gets me fired up.




[/spoiler]
[/u][/b]

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » Jun 1st, '07, 10:03

hahaha im glad that so far, people liked what I wrote. I had this feeling i might need to go hiding into some bomb shelter because of what I said. Or maybe its too early as yet. XD XD

GoddessCarlie:
I have this feeling that the "Kenzo doesn't understand Rei" scene is on the next episode. Actually, I think Im even willing to bet on it. Because:

1. Rei said in this weeks preview that she is going to start going out with Tada. I think this is one of her "I Want You To Read My Mind Kenzo.." spells once again. She'd say that she's going out with Tada, Ken tries to stop that, but fails miserably ONCE AGAIN DUE TO HIS INCREDIBLE LUCK, and Rei wouldn't know of his efforts, and so she says that line that he never understood her. BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO BE STOPPED IN THE FIRST PLACE. but since Kenzo appears to have not done anything, she will rant on. And poor Kenzo will once again hang his head in another photo, if any.

2. THEY'RE IN WINTER CLOTHING!! XD

wait a minute, i just realized. Rei doesn't have the same hair.... T.T oh well ahahah!!!
kilaalaa
Tada is a lot sharper than he lets on. I think they make him look that way so that we sorta feel sympathy for him too. ><. but still, he is one heck of a darn insensitive nerd.
graymouse
Rei wanted to convey to Ken was that she wanted Ken to take the time to pay attention to her. The R. Bass figurine was to find out how much he notices the little things.... . Wanting someone to take the time to notice the small stuff about Rei is not being selfish.
this one i understand. but then the thing is, this, in my view, applies only to Rei before the timeslips, cause we all know how blithely unaware ken was before as well. but the thing i am irked most is that, Ken HAS noticed the little things that DID matter. So why isn't there anything much changing as yet? (hmmm maybe the future eps have some more to reveal i guess)and how come she acts now as if what Ken did before in the previous time slips didn't matter much? (or maybe that's why she gave up, cause he kept doing random strange, though important, things at times... i'd like to know if she did throw away that letter at that time in the original timeline)

and may i say that it hit quite a raw nerve when REI didn't notice what Ken tried to do on ep 6. T.T

- edit -
i find myself sorta agreeing that she doesn't want a half confession, since it smacks of one's hesitation to commitment. but then the thing is, the earliest semi-confession was at high school. would a high schooler be thinking of something as serious at commitment? well, maybe i guess then Rei would have to be one of those rare high schoolers who think way beyond their years.
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests