[Discussion] LIAR GAME (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 19th, '10, 22:46

WonSoKaLineFan wrote:I uploaded Liar Game-X to YouTube, but I named it as LG-X so it isn't picked up as easily. :) Hopefully it stays up awhile. It's not going to be the most amazing amazing quality as it was pulled off online, but it's better then nothing, right? :D Anyway, the episode is only like 10 minutes long and I split it into 2 parts since it went 58 seconds over the YouTube limit. Anyway enjoy! :)

Part 1:
Part 2:

Or download full .avi episode here :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V71H3FEM
Thank you so much!!! XD

PensukeD

Post by PensukeD » Jun 20th, '10, 19:39

oO, thought episode X would be a long special or something. ah well, thanks for the upload :D

Finished season 2 two 1/2 weeks ago. For some reason, it didn't feel as good as season I. Might be because I was watching the ending the day I fail my english exam though :P

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jun 28th, '10, 04:37

LIAR GAME Movie DVD Out On 9.15.10

Credits & Sources @ http://oops-music.com/info/view_news.html?nid=57669 & http://mantan-web.jp/2010/06/27/2010062 ... 7000c.html (You can view more pictures by clicking the link)

butterfly swimmer

Post by butterfly swimmer » Jul 1st, '10, 11:38

Lolz, this was the worst drama I've ever watched. The acting is crappy and the characters are really annoying! Also, the story sucks, I couldn't watch more than 5 episodes... -_-

gamercloud

Post by gamercloud » Jul 8th, '10, 13:29

el_lady wrote:LIAR GAME Movie DVD Out On 9.15.10

Credits & Sources @ http://oops-music.com/info/view_news.html?nid=57669 & http://mantan-web.jp/2010/06/27/2010062 ... 7000c.html (You can view more pictures by clicking the link)
Setember ? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

acidpopszero

Post by acidpopszero » Aug 19th, '10, 03:24

I just finished watching Liar Game 1 and 2 this week. And I'm waiting for the Movie to be available online/or for download. I hope I get information in this thread in the future. :D

kimchiramen

Post by kimchiramen » Aug 19th, '10, 17:53

butterfly swimmer wrote:Lolz, this was the worst drama I've ever watched. The acting is crappy and the characters are really annoying! Also, the story sucks, I couldn't watch more than 5 episodes... -_-
true to that, I only watch it because I'm interested in the schemes of the games. I don't really care in this case about why or how they are involved in this game. I guess its like watching a math textbook in the probability chapter....(which is interesting to my nerdy brain). It's not as easy to figure out as other dramas who attempt to make things tricky.

Tofuman

Post by Tofuman » Sep 20th, '10, 23:34

Just saw the movie and I have a question. After the ending credit, Nao received a black envelope with something written on it? What was it? Thanks.

shioki

Post by shioki » Sep 22nd, '10, 06:56

I watch liar game for their games too. The movie is pretty mind-boggling. The strategies Akiyama used are simple sometimes, but I just couldn't figure them out until he says it.
Tofuman wrote:Just saw the movie and I have a question. After the ending credit, Nao received a black envelope with something written on it? What was it? Thanks.
It's from the old man in the beginning of the movie.
"This is the 1000yen you lent me the other day.
Thank you."

Hoodieninja

Post by Hoodieninja » Sep 23rd, '10, 14:29

JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE MOVIE! loved it!!!

I also love how the movie is mind boggling! thanks for translating the ending makes much more sense now.

srius

Post by srius » Sep 26th, '10, 06:55

do any1 have the download links for the new OST tracks that were added during the movie???

nezumigaki

Post by nezumigaki » Jan 2nd, '11, 00:41

i found the movie on asia torrents
you have to register but its free just like d-addicts

trugentleman02

Post by trugentleman02 » Feb 7th, '11, 08:17

I just finished both seasons and I must admit the second season annoyed me more because of nao's excessive whining on a total justifiable reason to be selfish these rounds. The players left in the later rounds all have won multiple rounds so logically they are nowhere near broke and have a pretty safe cushion even if they lose. So, wanting to repay their debt doesn't make a lot of sense. If she wanted to help out people in need. Go find the people that lost in the early rounds because they would need it more.

Rooney102

Post by Rooney102 » Feb 9th, '11, 15:40

I haven't watched the movie! (I just found out that there IS a movie of Liar Game... waaaa) Can't wait to watch it!

I love the dorama so i got high expectation on the movie. :cheers:

jacey658

Post by jacey658 » Apr 11th, '11, 05:52

Why no subs on Liar game x ? =(

Yukarisama

Help me guys!!!!!!

Post by Yukarisama » Jun 8th, '11, 09:55

Hi guys!

I know that this isn't right section, but in the Seed & Request i don't have a reply. :cry:

Could you seed for me this Liar Game (1 season) file: [Kabocha.Fansub].Liar.Game.-.11.-.(Sub.ITA).[c3a9e90c] ?
And

When you do it, could you send me a post, please?

Thank you very much in deed

:-)

jasminee

Post by jasminee » Oct 6th, '11, 07:01

terralance

Post by terralance » Jun 17th, '12, 06:02

Liar Game Season 2 Episode X

can anybody please sub this? or if there is already, please post a link.thank you!! :)

prestoli
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Jun 18th, '12, 05:17

Can someone help me with the sequence of the series, SPs amd movies?

I've watched seasons 1 and 2, have ep zero but haven't watched because I need subs, saw the movie and now I have two specials Alice in Liar Game and Liar Game Reborn. Which do I watch first? I'd hate to start watching something and realize I;ve missed some plot or new chatacters...

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Jun 19th, '12, 16:30

prestoli wrote:Can someone help me with the sequence of the series, SPs amd movies?

I've watched seasons 1 and 2, have ep zero but haven't watched because I need subs, saw the movie and now I have two specials Alice in Liar Game and Liar Game Reborn. Which do I watch first? I'd hate to start watching something and realize I;ve missed some plot or new chatacters...
OMG thanks for posting! I didnt know there were spinoffs for the Reborn movie. >_< Gotta go d/l. :P

here's how you're supposed to view them.

season1
season2
episode zero (the setting is 7 years before season2)
liar game X (link season2 and final stage)
final stage
fukunaga vs yokoya (reborn spinoff 1)
alice in liar game (reborn spinoff 2)
reborn

prestoli
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Jun 19th, '12, 16:40

@noshadow31 - thanks!!

happy!R

Post by happy!R » Oct 15th, '12, 07:24

terralance wrote:Liar Game Season 2 Episode X

can anybody please sub this? or if there is already, please post a link.thank you!! :)
It seems this is just a "digest." The digest only adds one scene before the start of the movie and it was in English. So you should be fine.

I hope someone can upload the full 22 min version of Liar Game X and possibly the Final cut version of Liar Game the Final Stage as well (or is it just added with Liar Game X scenes?) :D

TomoRin

Post by TomoRin » Mar 30th, '14, 09:52

WonSoKaLineFan wrote:I uploaded Liar Game-X to YouTube, but I named it as LG-X so it isn't picked up as easily. :) Hopefully it stays up awhile. It's not going to be the most amazing amazing quality as it was pulled off online, but it's better then nothing, right? :D Anyway, the episode is only like 10 minutes long and I split it into 2 parts since it went 58 seconds over the YouTube limit. Anyway enjoy! :)

Part 1:
Part 2:

Or download full .avi episode here :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V71H3FEM
Huhu :cry: @WonSoKaLineFan do you still have a working copy of LG-X? I badly want to have a copy of it! domo arigatou! :D

shosef

Post by shosef » Aug 28th, '14, 03:40

I just heard that a korean remake will be on the works. Though i must say i can't imagine anyone else playing both lead roles but i'm glad it was tvn who got the rights.., hope they won't focus too much on the love angle 8)

fooltheman

Post by fooltheman » Oct 7th, '14, 08:55

noshadow31 wrote:
prestoli wrote:Can someone help me with the sequence of the series, SPs amd movies?

OMG thanks for posting! I didnt know there were spinoffs for the Reborn movie. >_< Gotta go d/l. :P

here's how you're supposed to view them.

season1
season2
episode zero (the setting is 7 years before season2)
liar game X (link season2 and final stage)
final stage
fukunaga vs yokoya (reborn spinoff 1)
alice in liar game (reborn spinoff 2)
reborn
Didn't know I had to watch it in that order.. I skipped episode zero and liar game X

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 7th, '14, 09:35

shosef wrote:I just heard that a korean remake will be on the works. Though i must say i can't imagine anyone else playing both lead roles but i'm glad it was tvn who got the rights.., hope they won't focus too much on the love angle 8)
The Korean actor playing the Akiyama role is a miscast.

I'm halfway through Liar Game 2 and can't imagine anyone else but Matsuda Shota as Akiyama. And I wasn't even a Shota fan to begin with! Love the music and all.

fooltheman

Post by fooltheman » Oct 7th, '14, 10:36

shosef wrote:I just heard that a korean remake will be on the works. Though i must say i can't imagine anyone else playing both lead roles but i'm glad it was tvn who got the rights.., hope they won't focus too much on the love angle 8)
They didn't focus enough on the love angle in the Japanese version. :)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 7th, '14, 21:20

fooltheman wrote: They didn't focus enough on the love angle in the Japanese version. :)
Why should they? It's unnecessary.

shosef

Post by shosef » Oct 8th, '14, 12:52

fooltheman wrote:
They didn't focus enough on the love angle in the Japanese version. :)

Yup... That's why i want the korean remake to have the subtlety of romance that was present in the japanese version... Cuz frankly they should allot more time to the game itself bcuz that was what made the japanese version great.....

shosef

Post by shosef » Oct 8th, '14, 12:58

kitty10 wrote:

I'm halfway through Liar Game 2 and can't imagine anyone else but Matsuda Shota as Akiyama. And I wasn't even a Shota fan to begin with! Love the music and all.
I know i was expecting the one playing the dealer to be akiyama...cuz he got that vibe... Even during the teasers that were released, the lead guy didn't catch my attention...oh well, still will give it a chance...though i seriously was questioning the twist in which it would be a reality game show type... :scratch:

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 8th, '14, 18:18

shosef wrote:
kitty10 wrote:

I know i was expecting the one playing the dealer to be akiyama...cuz he got that vibe... Even during the teasers that were released, the lead guy didn't catch my attention...oh well, still will give it a chance...though i seriously was questioning the twist in which it would be a reality game show type... :scratch:
Ah yes, he would have been a better choice, but since when does Korea make casting choices in remakes that make sense?

The format change is stupid because it misses the whole point of the Liar Game Tournament and by revealing the mastermind so soon (it's the guy playing the dealer), it loses the tension of it all. I don't really care about Leronira or any of the other dealers, ultimately they aren't the focus of the game.

I also saw the poster for the remake. It made me cringe.

shosef

Post by shosef » Oct 9th, '14, 14:16

kitty10 wrote:
shosef wrote:
kitty10 wrote:

Ah yes, he would have been a better choice, but since when does Korea make casting choices in remakes that make sense?

The format change is stupid because it misses the whole point of the Liar Game Tournament and by revealing the mastermind so soon (it's the guy playing the dealer), it loses the tension of it all. I don't really care about Leronira or any of the other dealers, ultimately they aren't the focus of the game.

I also saw the poster for the remake. It made me cringe.
I know... The thing is, i believe that what kept akiyama going..aside from d fact that Nao is like his mother and he wants to save her..is that he really wants to see the creator behind LIAR GAME...to crush it and to say his piece to that creator... That driving force kept him going bcuz in that way he can avenge his mother... For the korean version, they took out that element out...i think this is ok... But the feeling of restlessness bcuz u don't know the enemy kept the grittiness..for lack of better word at the moment...

About the poster...I remember when it was first announced that Liar Game would air...among the dramas in the the line up Liar Game poster got me interested...as soon as i read the synopsis, i became even more interested...(my types of dramas are wide-range but i have the affinity to mysteries and those concerning intellect)... I would patiently wait week after week to dl it w/ subs...(Thanks to all the subbers!!!)... The poster for the korean remake was uuhhmm typical korean poster ( don't take this the wrong way please)... I was expecting something more mysterious perhaps... I dnt know... Though i must say they made it clear that it was a reality show with all the lights present...

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 9th, '14, 19:04

shosef wrote:I know... The thing is, i believe that what kept akiyama going..aside from d fact that Nao is like his mother and he wants to save her..is that he really wants to see the creator behind LIAR GAME...to crush it and to say his piece to that creator... That driving force kept him going bcuz in that way he can avenge his mother... For the korean version, they took out that element out...i think this is ok... But the feeling of restlessness bcuz u don't know the enemy kept the grittiness..for lack of better word at the moment...

About the poster...I remember when it was first announced that Liar Game would air...among the dramas in the the line up Liar Game poster got me interested...as soon as i read the synopsis, i became even more interested...(my types of dramas are wide-range but i have the affinity to mysteries and those concerning intellect)... I would patiently wait week after week to dl it w/ subs...(Thanks to all the subbers!!!)... The poster for the korean remake was uuhhmm typical korean poster ( don't take this the wrong way please)... I was expecting something more mysterious perhaps... I dnt know... Though i must say they made it clear that it was a reality show with all the lights present...
Yeah, Akiyama needed a greater purpose, he was that sort of man. Nao just happens to be part of that purpose, and their partnership works great, but he does need something else other than be her saviour.

And by turning this into a reality show, the high stakes are gone - the debt part is now less scary and it becomes more of fun and games rather than people willing to betray others in order to get ahead. A reality show doesn't really expose the baser side of people because there's no real need for it. No tension, no zing, no nada.

The remake poster is silly, like the one for the Nodame remake. The teasers and posters etc released so far for these two remakes actually understood zilch the essence of the source material, but that's normal for K-remakes of J-dramas - which means 3/4 of the time they come out shitty.

shosef

Post by shosef » Oct 11th, '14, 03:19

And frankly, the masks used in the original was scarier...hehehe...whenever i see the dealer w/ mask in the jdorama, i kept thinking that there's something very sinister going on...hahahaha....but i'll give the korean version a chance...for the love of

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 12th, '14, 22:42

shosef wrote:And frankly, the masks used in the original was scarier...hehehe...whenever i see the dealer w/ mask in the jdorama, i kept thinking that there's something very sinister going on...hahahaha....but i'll give the korean version a chance...for the love of
Yeah, Leronira's was quite creepy!

I just finished watching the Fukunaga v Yokoya special. Quite decent and I like both players, but I feel it lacks the tension of the first two seasons and the first movie. Also felt there was something missing... in the form of Akiyama.

But it was nice seeing Esumi Makiko!

shosef

Post by shosef » Oct 13th, '14, 12:40

I know... Akiyama is d star of d show... I still have to download d manga... I'm excited to read it :) wonder how closely both versions followed it :)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 14th, '14, 10:56

shosef wrote:I know... Akiyama is d star of d show... I still have to download d manga... I'm excited to read it :) wonder how closely both versions followed it :)
From what I recall, the Japanese live-action made a few changes in terms of character. One noticeable change is Katsuragi in season 2 - she doesn't appear at all in the manga. Instead, she is based on Yokoya, who does appear in both the manga and live-action. Also, the background given to Katsuragi is actually Akiyama's own (see the short story, Roots of A). They also played down Fukunaga's sexual orientation. Not all the dealers appear in the live-action.

I don't have any expectations of the remake - I'm pretty sure it'll be given the usual k-drama treatment. I just saw the Nodame remake and it was bland. They turned it into a k-drama and the fangirls are loving it, of course.

diediebydie

Post by diediebydie » Oct 29th, '14, 14:50

If they could spend very little extra and get decent translations for the videos from people who speak the language idiomatically in both the original language and the target, they'd grow a market.

What they worry about is quite obviously NOT the translation. No, what they are worried about is the loss of revenue due to file sharing. I argue that if they'd just give us clever translations and then make it available to download for a price, they'd have serious bank rolling in.

Just think about the ability to pick and choose from ANY asian/foreign drama with subtitles done on the quality level that amrayu and company did for Hana Yori Dango (have I said thank you for that? Thank you!). Gives me chills of pleasure just thinking about being able to get that without feeling like I'm a customer at a Speakeasy*.