[Discussion] LIAR GAME (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
louis89

Post by louis89 » Nov 20th, '09, 00:38

shioki wrote:Just finished ep1. The mask of liar game's host looks badly disfigured lol...
It creeped me out so much when I first saw it!

indokid

Post by indokid » Nov 21st, '09, 06:40

season 2 storyline starts at chapter 60 of manga, you can read it at onemanga.com

dont blame me if reading the manga spoils your drama season 2 enjoyment

gamercloud

Post by gamercloud » Nov 21st, '09, 10:04

THe second episode was good, the only think I don't like it's when Fukunaga was saying something and they use SLOWMOTION. It's really bothers me.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 26th, '09, 17:36

gamercloud wrote:Are you kidding me? She's more beautiful as ever in this season. Her personality grows up and she is cutter than season 1(The opening almost made me have a heart attack). "
LoL, who said she isn't beautiful? Yes in S2 she looks more beautiful, but doesn't cute like s1, her cheek seems thinner than s1(chubby) XD looks like she lost a bit of her weight, and her skin a bit darker or she only shot indoor?:D CMIIW...
gamercloud wrote:THe second episode was good, the only think I don't like it's when Fukunaga was saying something and they use SLOWMOTION. It's really bothers me.
AGREEE!!!! That's very annoying!
I'm so happy The duration s2 (46 minutes) is longer than s1 (36 minutes) >_< but i think they too much slow motion there... and the repeatation of fukunaga... :unsure:
Last edited by Aikawa Ringo on Nov 26th, '09, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

noobee

Post by noobee » Nov 26th, '09, 17:43

i wanna watch it!

Naruhodo

Post by Naruhodo » Dec 2nd, '09, 19:01

Just watched season 2 ep. 04 and... oh wow.
Nao did something genuinely clever for the first time in the whole series.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Dec 3rd, '09, 02:01

I think you're thinking too much.

MiIiyah wrote:Rihanna's new single? Russian Roulette. LIAR GAME's opening game? [color=red]24-Shot Russian Roulette[/color]. Coincidence? Improbably. The writer/producer must have had loved him some Rihanna. Considering they could've opened the show with any game (except those they used in LIAR GAME Season I) and considering Rihanna's new album is being released next week...it is ominous!
It was a great episode nonetheless. Unfortunately the upcoming episodes will be shortened by almost 20 minutes which makes me want to wait until next week and watch two episodes in a row, instead of one.

ryuu_kujirai

Post by ryuu_kujirai » Dec 3rd, '09, 02:09

Is it just me or the Yokoya will not appearing on this second season?

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Dec 3rd, '09, 08:28

Is it just me, but I find the new "magician girl" kind of creepy. I got used to Fukunaga's slowmo craziness on S1, but this new character gives me a weird vibe. I'm sure she has an integral part for this S2, wonder what happens though. I mean she used to go to the same university as our cool Akiyama-san. Is she stalking him perhaps :lol

Auratrice

Post by Auratrice » Dec 4th, '09, 18:05

The new girl creeps me out... kinda, but she seems likeable. I like Fukunaga too, so... xD

Just watched ep 4 and oh..
Seems like they are drifting away from the manga storyline.. in the preview, a game named "angels vs demons" is mentioned, if I remember correctly the next game in the manga is different o_o well the conclusion of the first season (game-wise) was extremely different too but okay, so I hope they can do something about it.

Naruhodo

Post by Naruhodo » Dec 10th, '09, 21:33

Auratrice wrote:The new girl creeps me out... kinda, but she seems likeable. I like Fukunaga too, so... xD

Just watched ep 4 and oh..
Seems like they are drifting away from the manga storyline.. in the preview, a game named "angels vs demons" is mentioned, if I remember correctly the next game in the manga is different o_o well the conclusion of the first season (game-wise) was extremely different too but okay, so I hope they can do something about it.
Turns out the "Angels and Demons" game is identical to the "Pandemic" game and was just rethemed, maybe they thought it would remind people of the swine flu or something if they kept the old theme.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Dec 13th, '09, 01:04

Picture promos for the movie which is changed to Mar. 3rd, 2010

Watch the newest movie trailer here,
http://tieba.baidu.com/%CB%C9%CC%EF%CF% ... b125a9aad/

credits to baidu

orichan

Post by orichan » Dec 13th, '09, 18:49

Oooh looks like there may be some NxA theme going on in the movie!

I am glad. I feel like Akizama is wasting is life away doing labour work in the manga. I always feel that if he gets into some sort of relationship with Nao he would actually try in life, and actually use his psycology knowledge for the good of society in the long run. :)

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Dec 17th, '09, 16:06

Well one thing this show does goodl is making me want to strangle the girl.

I don't know why the annoying ice cream soda guy decided to participate again (possible greed, but kinda dumb cos you know there is a big chance of getting a huge debt). But if it was greed and not just surviving he must be terribly annoyed by the girl.
It was kinda obvious that she lied about the losing the first game will make you richer. Guess his greed is that big.

If only she would actually lose and see the consequences of her naivity. I wonder how she would feel. Not just getting herself in debt, but ruining the lives of her team mates.

Treat it as a serious game you silly woman, and stop making cute posing are getting so happy when you haven't even won.

At the end of ep4 did they make promo for seeing the show on pc. Or was it a pc game?
I wonder how fun of a pc game this could be. Or a board game for that matter.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Dec 19th, '09, 01:42

More Picture Promos for the movie.

New trailer

I guess everyone might get their wish after all. There might be a little romance in the movie.

credits to baidu

didia

Post by didia » Dec 21st, '09, 09:16

el_lady wrote:More Picture Promos for the movie.

credits to baidu

OMG!/\... that pic is tooo beautiful!!! :w00t:

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 21st, '09, 10:53

:scratch: they're holding hands? is really for the movie promotion?

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 21st, '09, 11:07

el_lady wrote:More Picture Promos for the movie.

New trailer

I guess everyone might get their wish after all. There might be a little romance in the movie.

credits to baidu

If that is the case... wooohoooo!!! I think that's how Aki's character should develop, considering the fact that he has no special attachment towards life other than Nao. Nao seems to have given him purpose to live and he needs to have someone dependent on him to go on living.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Dec 22nd, '09, 14:08

I searched a lot but unfortunately don't find. Someone knows what's mark or style name has the leather jacket Matsuda shota wears in LIAR GAME.
Thanks.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Dec 23rd, '09, 01:39

^ I like that jacket too but I don't know where you can find a similar one.

another pic

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Dec 23rd, '09, 06:05

OH.EM.GEE.
I promised I wont watch this season until all the episodes are out (like I did for the first), but I couldn't resist. This show is SOOOO GOOOOODDD! Now I'm debating with myself whether I should watch episode 7 as well... Does anyone know if it ends in a cliffhanger? Coz I don't want to watch it knowing that I'd have to wait a week againfor the next episode!!! T___T

ps: Toda Erika is wayyyy too thin now. Considering the fact that you look 10 lbs fatter on print and tv, then that means she's way thinner than what she looks like now. And that REALLY worries me.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Dec 23rd, '09, 06:34

matsuda shota did all his best for that role i really can't imagine some one else playing liar game rather than him he is so creat there is very good strong firm plot also there is great chemistry between all the actors i like these kind of dramas and really i enjoy it alot i'm so happy that there will be also movie wwwwwwwwwwowwwww i'm sooooooooooooooo excited and looking forward to see it soon i even wish if there will be season 3 underone condition same cast and very strong plot coz most of there series that got season some time the sec one is not good as first

didia

Post by didia » Dec 23rd, '09, 07:30

el_lady wrote:^ I like that jacket too but I don't know where you can find a similar one.

another pic

Aww... why are they ALMOST holding hands in all the pics????.... :goggle:
And yes, oda erika has become very thin... even on her face... it is taking away the cuteness... :pale:

Naruhodo

Post by Naruhodo » Dec 23rd, '09, 12:46

lunargen wrote: Now I'm debating with myself whether I should watch episode 7 as well... Does anyone know if it ends in a cliffhanger? Coz I don't want to watch it knowing that I'd have to wait a week againfor the next episode!!! T___T
It's not a cliffhanger in the way it was in the end of ep. 6 but I still find myself wanting to watch the next one now. The next ep will be on January 12 and there's only two left until the final.
The next game will be the "Gold Rush" game whichn differs from the manga at least by name, although it could be the chair taking game with a different theme similar to how Angels and Demons was just the Pandemic game.

indokid

Post by indokid » Dec 23rd, '09, 15:31

outcast_within wrote:Well one thing this show does goodl is making me want to strangle the girl.

I don't know why the annoying ice cream soda guy decided to participate again (possible greed, but kinda dumb cos you know there is a big chance of getting a huge debt). But if it was greed and not just surviving he must be terribly annoyed by the girl.
It was kinda obvious that she lied about the losing the first game will make you richer. Guess his greed is that big.

If only she would actually lose and see the consequences of her naivity. I wonder how she would feel. Not just getting herself in debt, but ruining the lives of her team mates.

Treat it as a serious game you silly woman, and stop making cute posing are getting so happy when you haven't even won.

At the end of ep4 did they make promo for seeing the show on pc. Or was it a pc game?
I wonder how fun of a pc game this could be. Or a board game for that matter.
well in the manga version.. her naivety led to trust, which was the key factor for winning the angel & demons game..

the liar game officials even commented afterwards that without kanzaki, akiyama will 99.9% lose against katsuragi (yokoya in manga) in the angels & demons game

indokid

Post by indokid » Dec 29th, '09, 02:49

hmm the manga and drama differs so much

in manga, it was nao's lie that won the infected (a & d) game for everyone, and yokoya(katsuragi) got outsmarted and destroyed

in drama, they made fukunaga left the room too early and katsuragi wins the lying game

what a bummer.. nao's lie supposedly winning the game in the manga was supposed to prove that she is indeed the strongest player in the game.. the drama a&d outcome made her look like the weakest player

Post by 0621 » Dec 29th, '09, 14:42

The latest episode has some unexplained factors... It makes sense in the manga, because the "Fukunaga" in the manga does not have the same personality as the Fukunaga in this game.

1)If Katsuragi anticipated that the 3 of them will betray her, and binded them with a contract, why did she not add the requirement that they are not allowed to tap with Nao? The 3 traitors do not need to tap Nao at all in order to win. If she really wanted Nao to lose, doing this will guarantee Nao's loss.

2)Why did Katsuragi say "we do not need your(Nao's) help to win" at the end? Sure, Katsuragi and the girl in the team could get 5 crosses because of the contract, but the old guy could only get 3. Because of the 3 traitors, BOTH Nao and the glasses guy managed to get more than 4 crosses. Although they knew Nao is someone who will sacrifice herself just to help another person, they cannot say the same for four eyes. Four eyes might have the same thoughts as Fukunaga's gang, and doom someone in this game so they would have an easier time next round. Therefore, she could not say for certain that they can win without tapping Nao at this point.

Of course, if her "we" meant just Katsuragi and the lady, then this makes sense.

gamercloud

Post by gamercloud » Dec 29th, '09, 23:48

Just two more episodes :-( The next game will be short.

About the last game, I hate how Katsuragi could survive this turn. But I didn't get it why Kanzaki Nao was help it, even if they knew she WAS a Angel, they do not have to help her. Anyway, this thing keeps better and better.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Dec 30th, '09, 15:26

THIRD TRAILER IS OUT!!

http://tieba.baidu.com/%CB%C9%CC%EF%CF% ... 23610275a/

credits to baidu

Ov3rs3as

Post by Ov3rs3as » Dec 31st, '09, 00:37

OMG such a good trailer! :O
Still haveto watch episode 7 but, liked episode 5 and 6 the most so far :salut:

amy_4111

Post by amy_4111 » Dec 31st, '09, 01:43

thanks for sharing the third trailer with us, i'm can't wait for the final stage to come out! just 2 more eps of season two, this is a great drama.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Jan 7th, '10, 05:22

Somebody knows when ep 08 is out?

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Jan 7th, '10, 13:17

klon22 wrote:Somebody knows when ep 08 is out?
i think it airs soon, 12th or something?

klon22

Post by klon22 » Jan 7th, '10, 20:17

Mugatu wrote:
klon22 wrote:Somebody knows when ep 08 is out?
i think it airs soon, 12th or something?
Tnx Mugatu

i m waitiing for that
:whistling:

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Jan 7th, '10, 21:24

klon22 wrote:
i m waitiing for that
:whistling:
me too:D:D

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jan 8th, '10, 00:07

I can't believe that there will be 2 more episode left. I was hoping that it'll be at least 10 episode long. I'm really looking forward to the movie.

credits to baidu

Issy0123

Post by Issy0123 » Jan 12th, '10, 03:39

I was watching Previews to Liar Game, The final Stage and noticed no one had the subs, and no one is as lucky as to know what their saying. (If you have to subs or know where subs for it are, It would be nice to post them)
My friend speaks Japanese So i asked if she could translate some.

This is the youtube link:

And here is what she has to say about some of the things that happens.

At around :30 seconds of video posted above (all are related to that video.) Fukanagwa says
Your as stupid as i expected.

Welllll Thats not surprising.

In the begining, Where akiyama Leaves,
he said he's "going back alone"
And then the Ex-Investigator says,
You like him dont you?

When She Slaps our beautiful Akiyama-san. (which got me quite upset)
"you are just like a ...?... and that however is the truth" (She said it went a bit fast for her to understand)

And at the end, Right before Shes Like.... Akiyama-san, and she cries, She said to the unkown Person....
Well Thats your loss. (Doesnt sound like nao-chan at all. So im a bit nervous. Guessing thats at the end of the movie maybe?)

And at the final part, where it goes black. And Akiyama Says something.... He Says.

I lost.

Whoa.

Now im going to put my comments on that video because oh my goodness. IT WAS AMAZINGG!

Its obvious there going to hook up.. i hope..!!

I love all the skinship with them. Like him TOUCHING HER LIPS XD *DIED*

But i would like to know the most of all is...

Why did akiyama freak out? (It was right after that slapping part which STILL shocks me to this very moment.)

Well Im a LiarGame obsessed person.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jan 13th, '10, 01:31

Issy0123, thanks for posting up a little brief of the translation from the trailer. I'm re-watching the trailer again. It's going to take a while before the movie comes out on dvd. The questions that I'm wondering about is, who will win at The Garden Of Eden? I know that Nao and Akiyama are a team and the only reason why Akiyama enter the game was because of Nao(which is already explained in season 1). Will there be any betrayal btw the two?

Issy0123

Post by Issy0123 » Jan 13th, '10, 19:59

There is no doubt about it that they are a team in season one and two. But from what my friend told me about the tralier im afraid they seperate for a little while. But, I read somewhere that "X threatens trust in the game" And in the preview, it sounds like Nao says "Im x." Im really happy though, because the 8th episode came out yesterday!! and Honestly, i think that Nao will win, just because not only is it about her, but shes so different from the other players. and puts others before herself.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Jan 14th, '10, 00:54

Yeah!!

Ep 8 is Out ;)
I have to watch it

Issy0123

Post by Issy0123 » Jan 15th, '10, 20:32

I actually Cheated, And watched one part of it on Dramacrazy.net and they dont have subs, they usually come out on the weekend, and with martin luther king jr day, im hoping for them to be out tomorrow. Im so stoked xD the 8th episode EXPLAINS AKIYAMAS RELATIONSHIP A LITTLE BIT WITH KATSURAGI! So pumped!

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jan 20th, '10, 00:40

Capsule's new song for LIAR GAME movie

It will also be played at the end of episode 9

hideko

Post by hideko » Jan 20th, '10, 22:09

Anyone have any info on a season 2 OST? My playlist wants that organ song SO badly.

EDIT: Answering my own question: release date is apparently 3/3/10. I don't wanna wait that long!

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jan 20th, '10, 23:27

I was on youtube and it seems like someone may have posted rip versions of the ost.

the opening song

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jan 22nd, '10, 23:37

Checkout their new official page for more info on the movie.

http://liargame.jp/index.html

naokanzaki
United States of America

Post by naokanzaki » Jan 23rd, '10, 06:09

^^ Thanks for the poster, looks great. :cheers: Reading here it's up to episode 8(?), will it be 9 episodes or hopefully 10? :scratch: Want to watch it so bad, :goggle: prefer to wait until it's finished it's run, trying hard not to read the posts too closely, don't want to spoil it! :cry:

gamercloud

Post by gamercloud » Jan 25th, '10, 18:40

I just watched ep 09.
What a comeback AKINAYAMA! He did something even cooler than wear a sunglasses, he drink tea GREAT!!!

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jan 29th, '10, 22:55

hideko wrote:Anyone have any info on a season 2 OST? My playlist wants that organ song SO badly.

EDIT: Answering my own question: release date is apparently 3/3/10. I don't wanna wait that long!

You can preorder a copy at

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=YCCW-50006

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Jan 31st, '10, 12:07

Cant wait for episode zero and season 2 OST..

pkporkchop

Post by pkporkchop » Feb 1st, '10, 07:41

omggggg. i just finished watching the finale, sooooo amazingg!!! really want to watch the movie too

does anyone know when/where we can watch episode zero?

falalalow

Post by falalalow » Feb 3rd, '10, 07:33

I'm in Episode 6 of Liar Game Season 2 and it's so intense!!! I'm about to pee in my pants ... XD

Kitsaragi (sp?) is really something else!

cs_cs

Post by cs_cs » Feb 3rd, '10, 10:28

anyone knows what will be out at feb 2? as shown in the last episode ending. and do anyone knows where to get episode zero?

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 5th, '10, 00:01

^ it's probably this,

Matsuda Shota & Erika Toda Attend "The Final Party"

Shota Matsuda: "I was shocked when I saw the script." Liar Game wrap party with Erika Toda

Actor Shota Matsuda (24) and actress Erika Toda (21) attended the wrap party - dubbed "The Final Party" - for their film "Liar Game: The Final Stage" (directed by Hiroaki Matsuyama), held on Roppongi Hills' (Minato, Tokyo) 52nd floor observation deck on February 2. "I was shocked when I saw the script. I want everyone to go see it in theaters," Mr. Matsuda said. "I don't want people to miss that [something important] is starting as soon as the film begins." When it came to the scene that got cut, he smiled. "After pushing for it, it'll be available on the internet so I'm relieved."

Liar Game is based on the suspense manga by Shinobu Kaitani, serialized in Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha). Female college student Nao Kanzaki (Toda) gets embroiled in the "Liar Game" of deception and betting huge sums of money. She teams up with genius swindler Shinichi Akiyama (Matsuda) and the two embark on a test of wits. In 2007 it was broadcast as Fuji TV's late-night drama and averaged ratings of 11.4%. Season 2 started in November 2009 and aired at 9 PM.

Seiichi Tanabe, Kosuke Suzuki, Michiko Kichise, Ikkei Watanabe, Yoshiyoshi Arakawa, Mari Hamada, Soukou Wada, Megumi Seki, Yuuki Akimoto, Kento Nagayama, and director Matsuyama attended the party.

When asked if anything was changed in adapting the movie, Ms. Toda replied succinctly, "No." She stated, "The characters retain their personalities and that suspense in wondering what's going to happen next hasn't changed. I think the 2 hours will fly by." Seiichi Tanabe, who makes his first appearance in the series, commented: "It's a really interesting game. It skirts the line between the good and bad aspects of greed and human nature." Mr. Watanabe joked, "After appearing in this drama, I get told, 'You're kinda suspicious' even in other programs. It's very satisfying."

The film picks up where Season 2 left off after the Liar Game semifinals, depicting the contest's "Final Stage" with ¥50 million on the line. It opens nationwide on March 6.

Sources: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... maiall-ent
View more pictures here: http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/graph/ma ... 02/?inb=yt

Translation by: twofourths @ http://community.livejournal.com/arama_translate

From another Event

Source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/73007/full/

You can watch the clip here,
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oNR_ot4cGqs

More LIAR GAME News

FujiTV continues to milk Liar Game with another announcement, "Liar Game X".

After fan success of "Liar Game", they did a second season "Liar Game 2" as well as a movie to (hopefully) end it all, "Liar Game Final Stage" that will be shown in March. FujiTV also made a spin off of Liar Game, "Liar Game Episode Zero", which contains 3 set of stories, each about Nao, Akiyama, and Yokoya 7 years prior to meeting each other in Liar Game. Each stories are 4 short episodes each, with 12 episodes total. "Liar Game Episode Zero" is screen online (FujiTV onDemand) where viewers are required to pay to watch.

Perhaps with the success of not only "Liar Game season 2", but also "Liar Game Episode Zero", FujiTV decided to air the 10th episode of "Liar Game season 2" on FujiTV On Demand, calling it the Phantom 10th episode "Liar Game X". Similar to episode Zero, viewers will have to view it online and need to pay a fixed amount (210 Yen = around $2 USD). This episode will tied the ending of season 2 to the movie, showing Nao's decision to entered Liar Game again as well as Akiyama's continuing search for the boss of Liar Game in the Garden of Eden.

So the chronological orders of Liar Game will be like this:
1. Liar Game Episode Zero
2. Liar Game
3. Liar Game Season 2
4. Liar Game X (the phantom episode 10)
5. Liar Game The Final Stage

For international Liar Game live action fans, it will be extremely hard to get their hand on Episode Zero and Liar Game X, since to view the episode, you need to have a Japanese IP address. So unless some Japanese person download and upload it for us, we will probably never see it again. That is, unless FujiTV decided to sells them as DVD, or an add on to the movie DVD.

Source: http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/manga/ne ... 8000c.html Not A Translation.
Credits to lovedw @ soompi for posting the news
Also credits to: http://aimuse.blogspot.com/2010/02/liar ... isode.html

falalalow

Post by falalalow » Feb 6th, '10, 01:25

Wowww Liar Game X huh? That really sucks...I hope someone will get to upload that. I want to see Liar Game Ep. 0 also! I'm so excited for the Final Stage...and I find Erika Toda and Shota Matsuda ridiculously cute together. :wub:

tronqi

Post by tronqi » Feb 6th, '10, 12:43

cant wait for the movie....

my favorite guy in the series was fukunaga... and his fancy clothing! XD

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 6th, '10, 23:16

Wow cool, I was disappointed when I saw that Liar Game S2 ended at ep9. But when I finally finished the S2 today, it was because there's going to be a movie and SP of it.

Is it just me, but I'm still really confused about the last game from ep8-9 of S2. Can someone please explain in detail what the point of the contraband game was. How did Shine team garnered 42 points at the end when they only had 8 gold in the vault. I'm confused about the calculation, not how he did it.

So in the beginning, Katsuragi thought of the plan first and gathered all the gold, but then it was all transferred to Shine team which resulted to 26. But everyone was shocked that it was only supposed to be 20. Wasn't the point of the game to have a lot of gold? Aahhh yes, if someone can explain this please help.

cs_cs

Post by cs_cs » Feb 7th, '10, 02:09

wow, thanks a lot for the info :D
hope a kind soul in japan will upload episode zero and x online, hahaha.

davidw89

Post by davidw89 » Feb 13th, '10, 13:06

garnet07 wrote:Wow cool, I was disappointed when I saw that Liar Game S2 ended at ep9. But when I finally finished the S2 today, it was because there's going to be a movie and SP of it.

Is it just me, but I'm still really confused about the last game from ep8-9 of S2. Can someone please explain in detail what the point of the contraband game was. How did Shine team garnered 42 points at the end when they only had 8 gold in the vault. I'm confused about the calculation, not how he did it.

So in the beginning, Katsuragi thought of the plan first and gathered all the gold, but then it was all transferred to Shine team which resulted to 26. But everyone was shocked that it was only supposed to be 20. Wasn't the point of the game to have a lot of gold? Aahhh yes, if someone can explain this please help.
The 17 Gold that Ikezawa-kun took back to Katsuragi actually belonged to Team Shine (Akiyama's Side), hence at the end of the match(20 rounds) it will automatically be given back. Depositing it into their own vault on the other team's side is pointless as they will end up with the other team anyway. Because Katsuragi do not have access to Team Shine's vault on their side, it is inevitable that once the game end, the 17 Gold Bar will be credited toward Akiyami's Team. Just rewatch the bluff Akiyami tried to pull off against Ms. Marie in episode 8, you'll see what i mean. He mentioned that Gold taken out but not deposited will be returned to the original owner.

The other 17 Gold belonged to Katuragi's team (Team Flame) but thanks to Ikezawa, he deposited it into their own vault (which as you know at the end of the game, any gold left in enemy territory becomes theirs). There is no way for Katsuragi to carry unless she has access to the other side's vault, and it is impossible carry 17 gold in 5 turns, hence the final score shows what will happen at the end of the game if nothing changes.

Total Amount of Gold Carried:
Team Shine: 8
Team Flame: 6

Amount of Gold remaining in each team's vault:
Team Shine: 0
Team Flame: 34 <----- This money becomes Team Shine's at the end of the 20th round

Hence total amounts are as follows:
Team Shine: 8 + 34 = 42
Team Flame: 6

felixj

Post by felixj » Feb 13th, '10, 18:36

anyway, will we can watch the liar game movie?! as it is on the theatre... can someone upload it to internet, without the dvd release?!

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Feb 17th, '10, 23:24

You can watch Liar Game Episode Zero & Liar Game X: The Phantom Episode here,

http://www.showtime.jp/tv/fujitv_od/contents/0148/top/

But you have to have an Japanese IP Address to access to watch, plus pay $2 or if anyone
lives in Japan, PLEASE PLEASE upload it for us foreigners to see. Thank you.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Mar 3rd, '10, 22:49

WonSoKaLineFan

Post by WonSoKaLineFan » Mar 14th, '10, 15:48

I uploaded Liar Game-X to YouTube, but I named it as LG-X so it isn't picked up as easily. :) Hopefully it stays up awhile. It's not going to be the most amazing amazing quality as it was pulled off online, but it's better then nothing, right? :D Anyway, the episode is only like 10 minutes long and I split it into 2 parts since it went 58 seconds over the YouTube limit. Anyway enjoy! :)

Part 1:
Part 2:

Or download full .avi episode here :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V71H3FEM
Last edited by WonSoKaLineFan on Mar 14th, '10, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Mar 14th, '10, 15:49

WonSoKaLineFan wrote:I uploaded Liar Game-X to YouTube, but I named it as LG-X so it isn't picked up as easily. :) Hopefully it stays up awhile. It's not going to be the most amazing amazing quality as it was pulled off online, but it's better then nothing, right? :D Anyway, the episode is only like 10 minutes long and I split it into 2 parts since it went 58 seconds over the YouTube limit. Anyway enjoy! :)

Part 1:
Part 2:
thanks alot !!!!!!!!!!!!

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Mar 15th, '10, 03:55

WonSoKaLineFan, thank you!! well, apart from the akiyama speaking english scene, there wasn't much added from the trailer.. wish they'd reveal more about the final game. T_T

WonSoKaLineFan

Post by WonSoKaLineFan » Mar 15th, '10, 04:35

Yea, I was a bit disappointed myself after hearing how Liar Game X was supposed to like tell the events after Season 2 and into the film and there wasn't really much there to explain what happened that wasn't in the trailer or at the end of Season 2 when they had that teaser thrown in that was obviously in this as well LOL really it is just that English scene.

taylor

Post by taylor » Mar 27th, '10, 08:10

WonSoKaLineFan wrote:I uploaded Liar Game-X to YouTube, but I named it as LG-X so it isn't picked up as easily. :) Hopefully it stays up awhile. It's not going to be the most amazing amazing quality as it was pulled off online, but it's better then nothing, right? :D Anyway, the episode is only like 10 minutes long and I split it into 2 parts since it went 58 seconds over the YouTube limit. Anyway enjoy! :)

Part 1:
Part 2:

Or download full .avi episode here :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V71H3FEM
:cheers: Yata ! Arigatou guzaimashita !!! :thumright:
Does anyone know where I can find episode zero?

ROlla

Post by ROlla » Apr 1st, '10, 14:33

Using a proxy I got to the LG 0 website and tried to order it, it refused to process my credit card. So, good luck!

MizukoMidori

Post by MizukoMidori » Apr 6th, '10, 18:34

Maybe they'll do something awesome like include Episode Zero and possible Episode X as special features on the release of the Final Stage movie. Or as a special collector's edition or something. One can always hope?

JuliaLane

Liar Game Final Stage MOVIE

Post by JuliaLane » Apr 9th, '10, 04:43

I am dying to see this movie! I know it just came out on at the beginning of March 2010 but has it been English subbed yet? I know SARS is planning to sub it, but they're waiting for the blueray first and I don't know how long a wait that'll be. I just finished season 2 tonight and was thrown for a loop when the 9th and final episode didn't tie the loose ends up... I didn't know that there was a movie until just now! :O

So has anyone else subbed the movie yet?

Also, what's this episode 0 mentioned at the end of S2E9? Is it subbed yet?

And what's episode X or whatever? I'm confused...

MizukoMidori

Re: Liar Game Final Stage MOVIE

Post by MizukoMidori » Apr 9th, '10, 06:46

JuliaLane wrote:I am dying to see this movie! I know it just came out on at the beginning of March 2010 but has it been English subbed yet? I know SARS is planning to sub it, but they're waiting for the blueray first and I don't know how long a wait that'll be. I just finished season 2 tonight and was thrown for a loop when the 9th and final episode didn't tie the loose ends up... I didn't know that there was a movie until just now! :O

So has anyone else subbed the movie yet?

Also, what's this episode 0 mentioned at the end of S2E9? Is it subbed yet?

And what's episode X or whatever? I'm confused...
I just finished the series last night as well and am on pins and needles to see this movie. I have scoured the internet and have not even been able to find a famcam or anything of the movie, certainly nothing that would be subbed. Sadly, as very sad as it makes me, I think we'll have to wait until the DVD release to see the movie at all, let alone subbed. And the movie has no release date yet.

There are some places I've found where you can learn things about the movie. Somebody on a forum somewhere was kind enough to post a translated version of the rules from the Final Stage (which can be found here http://asianmediawiki.com/Liar_Game:_Th ... mment-7640) as well as some of their speculations on the movie. That page with the rules, Asian Media Wiki, also has a couple of trailers and the gallery from the official movie website.

About episodes 0 and X. Someone a page or two back in this thread (edit: Actually if you look about 3 posts before yours, someone quoted the post with the link) posted a download link to episode X which is a ten minute piece on where Akiyama was at before the start of the Final Stage, and how Nao ended up getting involved which we saw a brief bit of at the end of episode 9. It's not subbed however, and I don't imagine it will be subbed. Both episodes 0 and X are found on Fuji TV's website OnDemand, and cost money to watch, and can only be seen with a Japanese IP address from everything I've heard. Episode 0 takes place 7 years before the start of the series and chronicles the stories of Akiyama, Nao, and Yokoya back before they met. Different actors play them.

A lot can be learned from this forum thread here http://www.soompi.com/forums/lofiversio ... 96-50.html including lots of photos, a good deal of them taken from the official website.

But yeah, I've spent the last two days trying to track down everything I could on this movie, so this is all that I've learned, I hope I've helped at all. ^^;

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Apr 9th, '10, 12:53

Thanks for the info. :) Yeah, I checked out the youtube link posted a few posts above, but it isn't subbed and my Japanese skills are minimal. :P So I'm hoping maybe SARS will somehow gain access to the elusive episodes X and 0 and sub them too.

The movie came out on March 6th, 2010 and so I expect we'll have to wait until at least the end of summer for a dvd release/subbing.

Well, at least we can look forward to to the movie getting subbed, even if the 2 specials are probably out of reach for us non-Japanese-residents.

Hoodieninja

Post by Hoodieninja » May 8th, '10, 12:17

Wow, just finished watching the entire series!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!! Also I was kind of disappointed how kitsuragi or however you spell her name got into the semi-final, episode 7's ending of how Kitsuragi was able to do what she did felt kind of weak it was still interesting but I felt it was pretty weak.

Also why didn't the person on her team just reveal himself to be a demon?

jessyj

Post by jessyj » May 9th, '10, 13:31

): does anyone know where i can watch episode 0

:) i cant wait for the movie either :D
i want to know what happens in the end!!! lol

cocomonk22

Post by cocomonk22 » May 19th, '10, 04:06

For Episode 0, it is online at these sites, among many other VOD sites:
http://fod.fujitv.co.jp/itsudoko/liargame-zero.asp
http://dogatch.jp/video/program/4846
http://streaming.yahoo.co.jp/c/y/fod/fod00137001/

You need Japanese IP/proxy and Japanese credit card to view.

Episode 0 is a series of 12 <1 minute videos about Nao, Akiyama, and Yokoya. Each character has 4 parts.

If you are outside of Japan, you can see the first part of Nao, Akiyama, and Yokoya here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9521664

gamercloud

Post by gamercloud » Jun 18th, '10, 19:47

The DVD didn't come out yet? :cry: